Federalist Party of Atlasia: Policy Formulation Session (NOW OPEN) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:09:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Federalist Party of Atlasia: Policy Formulation Session (NOW OPEN) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Federalist Party of Atlasia: Policy Formulation Session (NOW OPEN)  (Read 1740 times)
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« on: March 12, 2014, 02:19:57 AM »

The Federalist Party: First Policy Development Meeting

Welcome Federalists,

I am cordially inviting all members of the Party to participate in this event. I urge cooperation, understanding and patience as we proceed with putting together the first of these, with little guide on how to do it. Tongue I think the best way to do it is to welcome submissions of ideas, policy outlines and even fully composed pieces of legislation, for either the Federal or Regional Legislature. Please include some background as to the changes being made from the status quo and what the status quo is on that issue or policy in question. As far as links go, the more the better. One of the side, fringe benefits of this is that we have the opportunity to raise awareness regarding the statutes and policies in other regions.

I plan to submit some stuff no later than Saturday morning. I would have started this earlier but some unforseen real life events have delayed me unfortunately. I look forward to many great ideas and contributions. Real quickly, there will be no spam, disrespect or insults tolerated in this thread.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 02:58:17 AM »

The concrete I speak of is laced with adamantium. Meaning unbreakable.

Modern concrete is weak, precisely because the iron rebar (sp?) expands as it rusts and causes it to crumble.

Only a concrete vision? The People have an iron vision!

If concrete is weak it is largely because of the iron.

Now Ancient or dare I say "Classical" Concrete, is fully capable of standing the tests of time. Wink
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 03:00:38 AM »

I think it's fine for the President to still nominate all of the Justices; the President will just have to care about nominating someone who will appeal to the interests of the group that will confirm the nominee. As for The People's Justice, I think that one should be elected in an election administered by the SoFE, since it is really an at-large election. The regional breakdown is not important.

As I recall we left off before the elections disrupted our discussions with how to organize those various confirmation processes.

So if anyone has ideas on how to structure the various processes, that would be much welcomed.

Also, now that PiT has broken the ice, I encourage others to dive in and take a stab at this.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2014, 12:59:44 AM »

The big question for me is the regional confirmation process. Would we prefer confirmation by the various Legislatures or by the voters in a majority of regions? The latter would be more representative, but the former should tend to promote a greater diversity in views on the Court.

I prefer the latter on personal taste, but weighed against the benefit of such diversity it is hard to say.

North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2014, 01:34:33 AM »

The concrete I speak of is laced with adamantium. Meaning unbreakable.

Modern concrete is weak, precisely because the iron rebar (sp?) expands as it rusts and causes it to crumble.

Adamantium can't rust.

Would you be willing to offer us an example of a policy built on such a foundation of solidity?
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2014, 05:42:25 AM »

I want to thank those that have participated so far, but I would also like to encourage more get involved and encourage members to interact respectfully with each other on their proposals.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2014, 01:51:39 AM »

I am going to leave this open for another week or so since I really got knocked off track by real life stuff over the past weekend.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2014, 06:12:25 AM »

First off, is not the current income tax already negative for lower incomes?

Also, I would very much be interested in the specifics on education.

I like this talk about society. It's a concept that's fallen out of favour when I was gone, I think.

I must say, I was reminded somewhat of the Communitarian Party more then once in the course of this thread. Wink
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies