Sexual abuse has become a huge problem for America's bible colleges
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:19:21 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Sexual abuse has become a huge problem for America's bible colleges
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Sexual abuse has become a huge problem for America's bible colleges  (Read 5107 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 13, 2014, 08:57:49 PM »

The truth is that fundamentalist Christianity supports an unhealthy image of the body and of rape. They view the body as taboo and thus encourage rape and victim blaming. Colleges like this are essentially only there becuase their backwards owners never leared the lesson from Deliverance.
....what?

The body is celebrated in Christianity; most normal Christians (and PCC is, by my standards, not a fundamentalist college) celebrate human sexuality as something pure, designed by God (for people of all sexual orientations, by the way) for married couples that want to physically express their love and bring pleasure to one another, or to procreate. The Bible doesn’t say “your penis will shrivel up and a bird will lay eggs in your stomach” if you commit a sexual sin. It is forgiven, like all other sins, if you seek forgiveness.

Once you tresspass boundries, most fundamentalists think that you are forever sinned. Even married couples aren't allowed leniency. It is a savage religion that punishes pleasure.
Christian fundies=PCC/regular Christians?
Of course not; saying that would be ridiculous.
Well, you said it.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #51 on: March 13, 2014, 09:06:52 PM »
« Edited: March 13, 2014, 09:11:10 PM by Mr. Pollo »

The truth is that fundamentalist Christianity supports an unhealthy image of the body and of rape. They view the body as taboo and thus encourage rape and victim blaming. Colleges like this are essentially only there becuase their backwards owners never leared the lesson from Deliverance.
....what?

The body is celebrated in Christianity; most normal Christians (and PCC is, by my standards, not a fundamentalist college) celebrate human sexuality as something pure, designed by God (for people of all sexual orientations, by the way) for married couples that want to physically express their love and bring pleasure to one another, or to procreate. The Bible doesn’t say “your penis will shrivel up and a bird will lay eggs in your stomach” if you commit a sexual sin. It is forgiven, like all other sins, if you seek forgiveness.

Once you tresspass boundries, most fundamentalists think that you are forever sinned. Even married couples aren't allowed leniency. It is a savage religion that punishes pleasure.
Christian fundies=PCC/regular Christians?
Of course not; saying that would be ridiculous.
Well, you said it.
I meant fundamentalist christianity when I said religion, but the way that was phrased did lead to a reasonable misconstronation of what I said.
To add to that, many people within religions consider some sects to be not those religion. For example, many Christians consider Mormons seperate and many Jews I know consider Othodox Jews to be crypto Muslims. There is a very fluid definition of religion.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 14, 2014, 05:59:36 PM »

Should we really judge the position of the vast majority of Christians towards sexual abuse--including most fundamentalists by far--based on some whackadoodle institution that prohibits co-ed elevators??
MaxQue
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #53 on: March 14, 2014, 09:30:07 PM »

Should we really judge the position of the vast majority of Christians towards sexual abuse--including most fundamentalists by far--based on some whackadoodle institution that prohibits co-ed elevators??

No. We neither said than fundamentalists were a vast majority of Christians. I'm a Christian, but I have nothing in common with them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies