SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 04:09:47 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating)  (Read 4853 times)
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« on: March 14, 2014, 02:42:48 PM »

Section 2 of this bill violates our constitution's right to unionize, and "Fritzcare" doesn't mean anything; it is merely a popular nickname for our national healthcare bill.  This whole bill would have to be revamped for it to even be viable.  I certainly hope the sponsors reviewed our previous health care laws before writing this.  It doesn't take that long to read, so it's not even worth explaining the major elements.

The only part of this bill I can agree with is the section that removes the ceiling on out-of-pocket costs for wealthy individuals - which is certainly a good idea, but I doubt it will reduce costs that much at all.

Do the sponsors of this bill have any raw numbers on its effects?  How much will this save, exactly?  Where is the evidence that people will be better off?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2014, 03:42:01 PM »

It doesn't take that long to read, so it's not even worth explaining the major elements.

I didn't ask for an explanation because it's a long read; I asked for an explanation because it's difficult to make sense it and I often get the sense that not everyone shares the same understanding of its text. When I sponsored the TRICare Reform Act on behalf of then-SoEA Sjoyce, I had to read through all 9 pages of debate (plus 13 pages of debate on the original Atlasian Healthcare Act) to figure out what the New Atlasian Healthcare Act meant, and even then I wasn't entirely sure what was going on. It's also not the only major piece of health care legislation that we've passed.

The AG should probably work on organizing our health care policies on the wiki.  The IDS has a similar problem with our militia-related bills, so it's hard to get a clear picture of what the policy is.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2014, 05:24:25 PM »

Also there is that billing issue with the present law that we amentioned on page three that needs to be resolved as well.

What is the status of Oakvale's group?

If that isn't going to produce a product in the near future I recommend proceeding with this and addressing those issues that have already come up.

So far Riley and I have submitted our own proposals but the group has been inactive for a couple weeks because Oakvale is busy with real life stuff.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies