SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:21:03 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating)  (Read 4798 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« on: March 14, 2014, 02:00:07 PM »

I discussed some aspects of this bill with Riley a long time ago (although I didn't believe I would be in the Senate in time to discuss it), and I believe it's a proposal that we should at least discuss in depth. The numbers in section 1 will probably need change considering the obvious consequences to cutting those benefits, but in my opinion, the whole HSA concept has the chance of becoming quite useful.

Just like Nix I have some doubts about the current Atlasian system, but speaking from my personal experience the current Health Care system in Chile (which involves a free market approach similar to this bill) could be considered a success thanks to said free market approach in regards to having Health Savings Accounts. That said, one of the weaknesses of the Chilean Health Care system is the fact that the free market elements often lack the necessary regulation they need, which often leads to people losing a good amount of their future pensions if they are unlucky with the investments. With this bill (and if the current system works as I imagine it does) Atlasia would see the introduction of a free market element into Health Care with a decent amount of regulations (being insured by the government, for example). The current system looks quite beaurocratic to me, so I feel this would indeed improve efficiency.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2014, 08:20:18 PM »

Nay.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2014, 04:02:33 PM »

Well, it seems we're practically back at the start, and we are having massive problems with the constitutional aspect of the bill, the solvency of the current system, and what the current system even is. We currently have new organizations committed to study this (like the Health Care institute), so I am going to revive one of my ideas for the Midwest Senate race. Instead of facing more gridlock here, what if we create a special Senate committee to handle this? We could hold hearings with our Atlasian expects and draft both an explanation/analysis of our current system and/or propose a plan.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies