SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 03:23:13 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Reforming Atlasian Public Health Act of 2014 (Debating)  (Read 4852 times)
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« on: March 15, 2014, 09:36:17 AM »

I would oppose, and veto, this bill.

Yes, clause 2 is unconstitutional. I also view high risk pools, other "options," and so forth as unnecessary. Worse, I don't see how the overall bill doesn't end up shifting more financial burden to the patient (i.e., "consumer" - isn't that awful?) in the final analysis.

Most troubling, and most heartless, is that healthcare is being associated here with profit margins and expense lines. We don't want to go in that direction; we don't want to look at it through that prism, because to do so means quality goes down, and quality is worth cost. As long as our HC system is not breaking the bank, and it is not, and as long as it is working, and it very clearly is, there is no reason to "fix" it, most especially with something like this.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies