Your internet self vs. your real self.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:02:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Your internet self vs. your real self.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Your internet self vs. your real self.  (Read 3515 times)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 16, 2014, 01:37:05 AM »

I want to meet some posters here so I can see how different they are from how I see them. Who want to meet? I will bring the pop.
Purple heart

Keep on doing what you're doing, Dave! #SayNo to drugs and alcohol and if pop is your only alternative, so be it! I have some relatives who live a few hours from Detroit and my dad is originally from there, and with Cuyahoga County, Ohio being about 3 hours or so from Wayne County, Michigan, it could actually work, but eh, idk lol. Tongue
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #51 on: March 16, 2014, 02:02:58 AM »

I'm fairly well liked and respected in real life, and some people, for some bizarre reason, seem to regard me as wise (if that's the right word) and ask for advice from me. On the forum, I'm the chap whom most people have a kind of apathetic contempt for, rather like the dog doo-dah you might find, to your disgust, clinging to the sole of your shoe. So yeah, quite a contrast.

I don't have apathetic contempt for you, Cass. I just think you might be better suited to permanently be an actor in Downton Abbey or Gosford Park or some similar period piece.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #52 on: March 16, 2014, 02:38:16 AM »

I want to meet some posters here so I can see how different they are from how I see them. Who want to meet? I will bring the pop.
Purple heart

Keep on doing what you're doing, Dave! #SayNo to drugs and alcohol and if pop is your only alternative, so be it! I have some relatives who live a few hours from Detroit and my dad is originally from there, and with Cuyahoga County, Ohio being about 3 hours or so from Wayne County, Michigan, it could actually work, but eh, idk lol. Tongue

Marinuana would be better for him than "pop"
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #53 on: March 16, 2014, 03:30:07 AM »

Purple heart

Marinuana would be better for him than "pop"
Not exactly considering marijuana has a side effect that can lead to excessive eating and still cause obesity. Plus if Dave did marijuana, he could potentially risk being fired, it would be illegal, his mom might throw him out if she caught him smoking, he has to drive 20 miles to work so he would be risking his own well-being, he would have less money on hand since drugs are more expensive, he would do damage to his lungs, so marijuana is by no means a good option for Dave and I hope he continues his using pop as a substitute while continuing to cut down on pop intake.
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

« Reply #54 on: March 16, 2014, 06:50:13 AM »

I'm fairly well liked and respected in real life, and some people, for some bizarre reason, seem to regard me as wise (if that's the right word) and ask for advice from me. On the forum, I'm the chap whom most people have a kind of apathetic contempt for, rather like the dog doo-dah you might find, to your disgust, clinging to the sole of your shoe. So yeah, quite a contrast.

From what you've said you're surrounded by like minded people. On here you are not, hence the difference.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #55 on: March 16, 2014, 09:24:51 AM »

Reality is bourgeois
Oak Hills
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 16, 2014, 06:05:55 PM »

I'm pretty much the same in real life. I don't speak up all that much, but when I do try to strike a balance between being diplomatic and being honest. I guess the biggest difference is that in real life, I am highly respected for my wide knowledge of history and current events, but here I'm just another member of the crowd because everybody else knows such things on here. I should also note that my "internet self" begins and ends with my posts on this forum. I do read things on some other websites, but I think I have made one public post on another website in my entire life.
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #57 on: March 16, 2014, 06:12:15 PM »

I'm pretty much the same in real life. I don't speak up all that much, but when I do try to strike a balance between being diplomatic and being honest. I guess the biggest difference is that in real life, I am highly respected for my wide knowledge of history and current events, but here I'm just another member of the crowd because everybody else knows such things on here. I should also note that my "internet self" begins and ends with my posts on this forum. I do read things on some other websites, but I think I have made one public post on another website in my entire life.

Same here. 
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #58 on: March 16, 2014, 06:36:26 PM »

I barely talk politics at all IRL. I'm a workaholic and the rest of my time is spent with a fiance who prefers discussing who's getting married or having a baby.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #59 on: March 16, 2014, 07:38:02 PM »

Dave please don't listen to Adam's nonsense. Weed is much healthier for you than soda.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2014, 08:50:17 PM »

I barely talk politics at all IRL. I'm a workaholic and the rest of my time is spent with a fiance who prefers discussing who's getting married or having a baby.

How do you feign interest in that?
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2014, 08:55:49 PM »

How do you feign interest in that?

#TheStruggle
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2014, 12:13:36 AM »

Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #63 on: March 17, 2014, 03:02:36 AM »

A fiancé? I didn't realize you rolled that way.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #64 on: March 17, 2014, 05:29:58 PM »

Dave please don't listen to Adam's nonsense. Weed is much healthier for you than soda.
Please, don't try to ruin his life. Dave, while I am younger than most people here, I know the best route for you to go and that's to keep on drinking pop, but in moderation. You like it and I'll support it! Smiley
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #65 on: March 17, 2014, 05:32:02 PM »

Please, don't try to ruin his life. Dave, while I am younger than most people here, I know the best route for you to go and that's to keep on drinking pop, but in moderation. You like it and I'll support it! Smiley

You're okay with someone destroying themselves with a few gallons of pure sugar a day but smoking weed is going to "ruin his life"? Jesus.

Toke up, Dave. It'll do you a world of good.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2014, 05:36:46 PM »

You're okay with someone destroying themselves with a few gallons of pure sugar a day but smoking weed is going to "ruin his life"? Jesus.

I'd advise against it, not over weed being bad (which it isn't, really) but over the whole thing of him still living with his mom. Certainly he should work on not chugging multiple 2-liter bottles of soda per day, which is obviously far more damaging than weed.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2014, 05:42:35 PM »

I'm not as loud on the internet Tongue
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2014, 06:30:49 PM »

Again, I think with Dave holding a job now as a janitor, he will be able to lower his pop intake and be more moderate with it. Pop dehydrates you and is unhealthy sure, but it's his body and it's clear that he prefers to drink pop. At least of some benefit to it, sugar keeps you energized for awhile before slowing you down so that will be good for work whereas weed serves no good. It would hurt his body even more, he wouldn't have as much money, he could become addicted to trying other dangerous drugs, his mom would be upset with him, he drives, and most of all, it's illegal so he shouldn't be doing it.

Honestly, I find it pathetic that some of you are actually older than me, yet I'm giving Dave the best and safest option while you guys are trying to manipulate with him by going on with your pro-freedom, marijuana rants that "marijuana isn't dangerous at all" when facts and studies show there are plenty of things wrong with it.

Please Dave, please, don't listen to them.
Хahar 🤔
Xahar
Atlas Legend
Bangladesh

Political Matrix
E: -6.77, S: 0.61

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #69 on: March 17, 2014, 06:32:44 PM »

Pop dehydrates you and is unhealthy sure, but it's his body and it's clear that he prefers to drink pop.

wtf
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #70 on: March 17, 2014, 06:34:49 PM »

Again, I think with Dave holding a job now as a janitor, he will be able to lower his pop intake and be more moderate with it. Pop dehydrates you and is unhealthy sure, but it's his body and it's clear that he prefers to drink pop. At least of some benefit to it, sugar keeps you energized for awhile before slowing you down so that will be good for work whereas weed serves no good. It would hurt his body even more, he wouldn't have as much money, he could become addicted to trying other dangerous drugs, his mom would be upset with him, he drives, and most of all, it's illegal so he shouldn't be doing it.

Honestly, I find it pathetic that some of you are actually older than me, yet I'm giving Dave the best and safest option while you guys are trying to manipulate with him by going on with your pro-freedom, marijuana rants that "marijuana isn't dangerous at all" when facts and studies show there are plenty of things wrong with it.

All Along The Watchtower
Progressive Realist
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #71 on: March 17, 2014, 06:39:27 PM »

Pop dehydrates you and is unhealthy sure, but it's his body and it's clear that he prefers to drink pop.

wtf

The second part of his post is pure cringe.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2014, 06:49:52 PM »

Marijuana is regularly used for patients with life-threatening diseases to deal with the pain.
Marijuana is used with food so people with eating disorders will get the 'munchies' and eat something.
Marijuana stops nausea, which chemotherapy patients experience a lot.

Please stop posting about a subject where you have an extremely limited knowledge of it outside of "marijuana is bad mmkay".
RedSLC
SLValleyMan
United States

« Reply #73 on: March 17, 2014, 06:50:43 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2014, 07:01:09 PM by SLValleyMan »

Wow, I never expected this become another thread about pot. Tongue

Anyway, I guess I'm going to take the moderate hero route on this - As far as illicit substances go, marijuana is actually pretty low on the list of things that could harm your body. The biggest problems with regular use would be that it can negatively affect your driving ability (not quite to the extent of alcohol, but I still wouldn't recommend driving right after smoking weed), but this can be fixed by just waiting until you're off work and done with driving for the day.

Aside from that, virtually all of the other negative consequences arise from the fact that marijuana is illegal, and nothing else. If he is currently living currently living with his mother and trying to find a job, he may want to be cautious, due to potential legal ramifications, but it wouldn't be impossible to actually manage it.

Basically, it's Dave's decision. Personally, I'd be perfectly fine with you smoking marijuana - there are people here on this forum that manage it on a regular basis - but I think that if you do, you should do so responsibly, like you would with alcohol. Lastly, you don't have to use marijuana if you don't feel comfortable with it.

Just go with whatever option you feel like. That's my opinion.
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #74 on: March 17, 2014, 07:19:12 PM »

Marijuana is regularly used for patients with life-threatening diseases to deal with the pain.
Marijuana is used with food so people with eating disorders will get the 'munchies' and eat something.
Marijuana stops nausea, which chemotherapy patients experience a lot.

Please stop posting about a subject where you have an extremely limited knowledge of it outside of "marijuana is bad mmkay".
lol, I'm using evidence and known facts, so I don't know where you're getting that idea from. Sure it cures life-threatening diseases, but meanwhile it also contradicts the "good for your health" thing because it causes a greater risk of getting lung infections such as pneumonia, can speed the heart rate up to nearly 160 beats per minute, can lead to chest colds and coughs, and the chemicals in the smoke itself will hurt memory, judgment, and perception, can lower your IQ if you smoke enough of it as a teenager, and one of the worst statistics I found, 1 in 5 teenage drivers have admitted driving under the influence of marijuana before. Considering the damage it does to your insides and the temporary effect marijuana can have on you, that's not good and it makes the roads dangerous because of this drug.

Now if I were to guess, Dave doesn't have nausea or a life-threatening disease, so there are more negatives than pluses for Dave using the drug, and I've listed more facts than you guys have.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies