Idaho Statesman:Otter signs campus guns bill into law (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 03:03:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Idaho Statesman:Otter signs campus guns bill into law (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Idaho Statesman:Otter signs campus guns bill into law  (Read 1008 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: March 16, 2014, 06:18:38 PM »

Just what we need, another Virginia Tech. Colleges can be very confrontational and all it takes is one fight with two people on the campus to result in one or more gun deaths. The permit itself is good to keep only those 21 and over from having them and require criminal background and mental health checks and it's good they're restricting the guns to only certain places on campus, but there's still no need for why anyone besides law enforcement officials in the city/campus police should have guns on them especially in classrooms.

I go to college and I don't feel the need to "defend" myself not because it's illegal to have a gun on campus, but it's something called trust in your peers and naturally being a good person. Besides, if the worst situation happened here, we would be protected by our campus security and would go under lockdown, so again, no need to have a gun on campus unless you're a cop. Otter should be ashamed of himself and I hope Fulcher primaries him since that's our only chance of getting this old, right-wing lunatic out. Fulcher isn't any better when it comes to guns and the Constitution, but it would have to do. It is Idaho, afterall.

I thought you were like 14.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies