I challenge Napoleon to a duel!
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 01:27:34 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  I challenge Napoleon to a duel!
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: I challenge Napoleon to a duel!  (Read 682 times)
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 17, 2014, 06:43:48 PM »

Napoleon has besmirched my honor one too many times!  Fortunately, we live in a time when you can challenge a man to a duel!  I challenge him to Fk ‘n’ Luck.  If I am struck down, I only ask that my good friend Senator TNF posthumously publish my environmental article.  Loser deregisters for two months.  Good day, sir Angry

FTR, the right honorable Dereich of Florida will be my second.  Hopefully, Napoleon has the courage to answer my challenge.

We shall see if Napoleon will answer my challenge or remain too terrified to type a response.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2014, 06:51:13 PM »

According to the ancient laws of dueling, Napoleon has the right to select the weapon/method of the duel.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -6.61

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2014, 06:53:03 PM »

Wow. May the [former] King in the North preside over the duel on behalf of Governor Dallasfan? We wouldn't want the Governor to get accidentally wounded!
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2014, 06:57:09 PM »

Wow. May the [former] King in the North preside over the duel on behalf of Governor Dallasfan? We wouldn't want the Governor to get accidentally wounded!

But what of His Majesty King Nicholas?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2014, 07:01:12 PM »

I'm confident that I will survive as long as a wedding does not suddenly occur on the battlefield. Should a wedding occur --all hope is lost.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2014, 07:05:00 PM »

I'm confident that I will survive as long as a wedding does not suddenly occur on the battlefield. Should a wedding occur --all hope is lost.

I'm sure the Laborites will send their regards.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2014, 07:09:15 PM »

According to the ancient laws of dueling, Napoleon has the right to select the weapon/method of the duel.

Any of the three methods described in the Madame Griffin's house of duels and fools thread are fine with me.  I am confident that Dave and the spirit of The People will see me through this.  Clearly Napoleon agrees or he would've accepted my challenge by now.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2014, 07:16:24 PM »

Any of the three methods described in the Madame Griffin's house of duels and fools thread are fine with me.  I am confident that Dave and the spirit of The People will see me through this.  Clearly Napoleon agrees or he would've accepted my challenge by now.

Ah - I had not seen MGHODAF until now and did not notice the creation of this new Atlasian dueling system.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2014, 09:16:12 PM »

If you truly believed The People were on your side, you would not request the luck-based option.

I find it cute. Before my main problem with you was your complete unwillingness to form logical arguments to defend your positions (even when others had already showed you that it can be done). But now you have shown The People that you are more interested in getting rid of your perceived enemies and that you value revenge more than the opportunity to represent the good people of Atlasia. Since this is the case, you should do us all a favor and resign, and allow someone who will be more committed to coexisting than cowbell to serve.
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2014, 09:20:30 PM »

Senator X

v.

Former President Napoleon
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2014, 09:21:33 PM »

Sponsored by:

Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 09:27:34 PM »

If you truly believed The People were on your side, you would not request the luck-based option.

I find it cute. Before my main problem with you was your complete unwillingness to form logical arguments to defend your positions (even when others had already showed you that it can be done). But now you have shown The People that you are more interested in getting rid of your perceived enemies and that you value revenge more than the opportunity to represent the good people of Atlasia. Since this is the case, you should do us all a favor and resign, and allow someone who will be more committed to coexisting than cowbell to serve.

As I said, name your method.  Regardless of what you pick, I'm confident you'll lose.  You want a poll, great, I trust and will abide by the judgement of The People.  You want a game of chance as I suggested, pick the coin toss.  You want a game of strategy, I'll be happy to beat you at risk.  Take your pick, sir.  Until you demonstrate that you even have the courage to do even that much, you've lost the little credibility you had left as far as I'm concerned.  As for the rest of your post, you lied when we were debating and it is no surprise to see you continuing to lie, smear, and distort once more.  What's cute is how you talk a good game, but when it comes to actually settling this in a legal and dignified manner, you'd rather run off with your tail between your legs.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 09:34:17 PM »

I don't have a tail. But surely you would not want to risk the embarassment of losing to a disgraced ex-president with sub-20% approvals. Smiley

I'm just curious- with your stated confidence I would think the Blitzkreig Ballot would have been your first and only option. Anyway, do you really think you would win a strategy game against me? If so, why?
sentinel
sirnick
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2014, 09:36:19 PM »

Stannis would have killed you both already.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2014, 09:42:48 PM »

Stannis would have killed you both already.

And King Robert would have said: "Yes, yes, enough of the bloody pomp, have at it!"
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2014, 09:45:58 PM »

I don't have a tail. But surely you would not want to risk the embarassment of losing to a disgraced ex-president with sub-20% approvals. Smiley

I'm just curious- with your stated confidence I would think the Blitzkreig Ballot would have been your first and only option. Anyway, do you really think you would win a strategy game against me? If so, why?

A blitzkreig ballot will needlessly embarrass the loser and I gain nothing from humiliating you.  Believe it or not, I try to be as nice as possible.  I am confident that I could beat you in a game of strategy and have both won many a risk game and always been really good at chess.  If you can prove me wrong, hey, hats off to you.  You may say my confidence is misplaced, but I am absolutely willing to risk losing to an ex-President with sub-20% approvals.  I am confident about winning (though you'd be a tough opponent for anyone), but I'd rather not do it that way since there's no reason for the winner to essentially rub the loser's face in it.  Once the duel's done it is settled and a poll will always be remembered should the loser return to Atlasia.  But if that is how you want it to go down, that is fine with me.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2014, 10:07:20 PM »

A blitzkreig ballot will needlessly embarrass the loser and I gain nothing from humiliating you.  Believe it or not, I try to be as nice as possible.  I am confident that I could beat you in a game of strategy and have both won many a risk game and always been really good at chess.  If you can prove me wrong, hey, hats off to you.  You may say my confidence is misplaced, but I am absolutely willing to risk losing to an ex-President with sub-20% approvals.  I am confident about winning (though you'd be a tough opponent for anyone), but I'd rather not do it that way since there's no reason for the winner to essentially rub the loser's face in it.  Once the duel's done it is settled and a poll will always be remembered should the loser return to Atlasia.  But if that is how you want it to go down, that is fine with me.

I know you would never misrepresent yourself or what you're about so I have to ask: was it your concern for not humiliating me when you chose to make a FF/HP poll about me when you knew people were upset with me at the time? Or was that you "trying to be nice as possible"? Maybe trolling the Liberal Party convention or comparing me to a nazi was a better attempt at being as nice as possible?
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2014, 10:11:58 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2014, 10:17:51 PM by Senator Malcolm X »

I know you would never misrepresent yourself or what you're about so I have to ask: was it your concern for not humiliating me when you chose to make a FF/HP poll about me when you knew people were upset with me at the time? Or was that you "trying to be nice as possible"? Maybe trolling the Liberal Party convention or comparing me to a nazi was a better attempt at being as nice as possible?

I never compared you to a Nazi.  Actually, when I made the FF/HP poll, I really wasn't trying to humiliate you.  You always seem to win elections that on paper you have no business winning and I was genuinely curious if that was due to general popularity in some circles of the forum or some other phenomenon.  I don't recall ever trolling the Liberal Party convention, but if I did, than I shouldn't have done so.  Anyway, name your method for the duel.  If you want a poll though, just say the word.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2014, 10:46:56 PM »
« Edited: March 17, 2014, 10:54:23 PM by Napoleon »

You compared me to a Nazi and later told me "it was just a joke". You trolled the Liberal Party convention along with others (you're quite the follower so I won't credit you with organizing it). Here you are again challenging me to a duel for apparently no reason. So you say I win elections "on paper I have no business winning"? Maybe if that paper is Simfan's petty newsletter that he uses to troll and attack me..you and him and some others are always trying to "get after me".but I would like to think I have been elected because I work hard and debate in good faith. Notice how bore, sirnick, cinyc and others debated in good faith and didn't try to make it a controversy? You've been trying for months to provoke me but you're not worth it. You leaving the game for two months is meaningless to me. Its amazing that you will let others call you a bigot while I respect your position, yet your beef is still with me because you think it will make you look cool for whatever crowd you're trying to cozy up to in hopes of getting reelected- something else we have all seen you do before.

I'm not going to duel you. I dont support deregistration anyway. You wouldve offered a blitzkreig ballot from the start if you were at all serious. If anything, I hope others can see this for what it is and you for who you are. I enjoy serving in the Northeast Assembly and I think this is the best group I have had a chance to work with. I would never risk my personal enjoyment to spite someone else. Find someone else to harass. Please.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2014, 12:00:09 AM »

I feel obligated to mention that I had suggested to X that he make such a poll, if I recall correctly.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies