Based God Polling: Do you support group marriages? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:35:30 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Based God Polling: Do you support group marriages? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Yes or no?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Based God Polling: Do you support group marriages?  (Read 2643 times)
Fmr President & Senator Polnut
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -2.71, S: -5.22

« on: March 18, 2014, 05:17:38 PM »

Nope - I think it's a bit of an administrative/legal nightmare. Same-sex marriage is a cake-walk next to this.

Logically and ethically, probably - but I'm not going to fly a flag for the sake of it.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 10:58:13 PM »

Alfred my friend, contrary to your statement, I have not ranked these situations in any order.

Now, let me be clear, I will not be dragged into a protracted discussion about marriage, which is clearly where you are headed.  Goodness knows I have had my fair share of that on this forum.

Real marriage is a union between one man and one woman.  If you don't like that, then feel free to hold your own views on the subject.   

I see.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:56:33 PM »

I have a question... and it's a reason why I don't support group marriages. It's purely legal.

Let's say, three people marry... then, one person wishes to divorce one party, but not the other. How would that work? Then you have issues of custody/property/maintenance. I have no particular feelings either way on the issue at all, I wouldn't want to be in one, but I don't give a toss either way... but it strikes me as a massive legal nightmare.

If you want to talk about marriage, great, but at the same time, you need to think about dissolution.
polnut
Atlas Icon
Australia

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2014, 09:03:26 PM »

Real marriage is a union between one man and one woman.  If you don't like that, then feel free to hold your own views on the subject.

You heard the man.  It doesn't matter if a marriage is between two people who were divorced twenty times.  It doesn't matter if the nature of the marriage is purely sexual.  It doesn't matter if people got married out of guilt or family obligation.  All that matters is that it's between one man and one woman.  Anything else is just, you know, offensive.

Methinks Mr. Scott has been in the political game too long.  He has become quite proficient at twisting, exaggerating, embellishing, putting his own spin on what others say.

But then again, this is exactly what I would expect from a radical leftist like Mr. Scott, to denigrate and trivialize a marriage between one man and one woman of legal age.

No need to be a condescending little twat when your narrow views of marriage are put into question.  But then you wouldn't be being yourself, now would you?

Oh Mr. Scott, you are soooooooooo predictable.

Hurling personal insults, so unbecoming, and then followed up by throwing a hissy fit, so very immature.

But, whatever.

To be fair... you're the one who made the determination of what a 'real marriage' is.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies