Based God Polling: Do you support group marriages? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 06:21:54 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Based God Polling: Do you support group marriages? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Yes or no?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 52

Author Topic: Based God Polling: Do you support group marriages?  (Read 2657 times)
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: March 18, 2014, 03:04:55 PM »

I see all sorts of types abusing monogamous marriage, and I haven't seen calls to ban civil unions yet. Furthermore, it's unconscionable to deny rights to certain people because of the paperwork.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2014, 03:22:39 PM »

I see all sorts of types abusing monogamous marriage

And you want to multiply it?! Okay.

Wait, so you're saying that because some of a certain class of marriages are abusive, all of that class of marriage should be banned?

Furthermore, it's unconscionable to deny rights to certain people because of the paperwork.

It's more than paperwork, it would involve legal addresses as pertaining to divorce rights. What a mess it would be. You have a fivesome that's married, and two want divorces, or all, for different reasons.

My God. The divorce attorneys would love that!

This is SILLY!

Are divorce lawyers somehow subhuman? The divorce lawyer lobby would like a word with you on that. And I see no reason why divorce law can't be extrapolated out to group marriages - what if you and I were married and I wanted a divorce but you didn't? That wouldn't be the tidiest of affairs, would it? Now, I'm not a divorce lawyer, so I'll refrain from discussing the minutiae of this particular aspect of the issue and restate my main point:

Even if this creates more legal hassle, isn't it worth it to grant these rights to people?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2014, 08:45:13 PM »

Under no circumstances whatsoever.

One of the great abominations of our time.

Racism, hunger, poverty, sex trafficking?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2014, 09:34:30 PM »

Under no circumstances whatsoever.

One of the great abominations of our time.

Racism, hunger, poverty, sex trafficking?

And you have identified some of the other tragedies and abominations as well.  Thank you.

So you're saying that those things are all equally as bad as three people wanting to marry each other? And if so, may I ask why?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2014, 10:52:56 PM »

This is a thread about marriage - did you not expect a discussion? And I'll be content with holding my own views on the subject when you are content with holding your own views and not forcing themselves on others.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27:32 PM »

I'm usually fine with open relationships/swinging (perhaps even group marriages), but not when children are involved.  Our society may indeed be liberalizing, but we haven't quite gotten to the point yet when non-monogamous relationships are considered as valid as traditional monogamous relationships (in this context, it includes same-sex couples).  

Why should society's view of things have an impact on their merit? And why shouldn't more than two people be allowed to raise children?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 09:08:30 PM »

Well I suppose that if John and Bob and Mary all married each other, and Bob wanted to divorce John and not Mary, then Mary would stay married to John and Bob and they'd sort of split "custody" of her (and yes, I'm aware that word fits there terribly; this is a totally new legal thing we're opening up). Then again, I repeat that I'm not a divorce lawyer.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2014, 08:10:22 PM »

You know, I hate to sound like a pessimist, but I don't get why everyone's focused on such trivial social issues like 'group marriage' or 'extraterrestrial rights.'  I mean, really.  Regardless of whether or not they're acceptable for us to embrace, when is our government ever going to have to deal with situations that warrant these policies?

Well, Atlasia is so liberal on nontrivial social issues that we wouldn't have anything to debate otherwise. Tongue

And that is a fundamental problem in this game.  Progressives get their way on all "social issues" and whenever a conservative like myself tries to bring a good idea in regards to social policy they throw a nuclear fit. The Mideast Abortion debate being our example. A good socially conservative idea social progressives from all over Atlasia came together and got that just law thrown out.  And not once have I actually tried to end SSM in Atlasia. So I'm asking social liberals to have an open mind and not blindly attack every socially conservative idea.

Damn close-minded gays! Always opposing our attempts to take away their basic rights!

Also I find it interesting that the anti-group marriage crowd is complaining about our social radicalism when they're winning in the poll.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies