SENATE BILL: Residential Taxation Reform Act of 2014 (Law'd)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 04:38:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Residential Taxation Reform Act of 2014 (Law'd)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Residential Taxation Reform Act of 2014 (Law'd)  (Read 2865 times)
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 15, 2014, 09:28:05 AM »

I'm okay implementing a cap that only affects those who can afford to take the hit, as I said, but I'm not okay with removing it entirely. It will put a lot of people in a difficult position.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #51 on: April 15, 2014, 09:28:43 AM »

I suggest the savings be reinvested into worker-owned enterprises, or cooperatives.

I was obviously joking. Can we implement the tax credit? Obviously we can not vindictively remove a deduction without giving The People relief somewhere.

I don't see anywhere that said deduction only applies to actual people, which would mean that employers are also going to get to take advantage. I would support such a deduction if it didn't also apply to employers, who are literally the last people on Earth that need tax relief.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #52 on: April 15, 2014, 09:43:23 AM »

I suggest the savings be reinvested into worker-owned enterprises, or cooperatives.

I was obviously joking. Can we implement the tax credit? Obviously we can not vindictively remove a deduction without giving The People relief somewhere.

I don't see anywhere that said deduction only applies to actual people, which would mean that employers are also going to get to take advantage. I would support such a deduction if it didn't also apply to employers, who are literally the last people on Earth that need tax relief.

Have you looked at our laws lately?  It's amazing we have any employers who are able to function at all.  If you dislike them so much, just put forward a bill banning employers altogether. Would save us all a lot of time and have the same effect.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2014, 09:48:53 AM »

Have you looked at our laws lately?  It's amazing we have any employers who are able to function at all.  If you dislike them so much, just put forward a bill banning employers altogether. Would save us all a lot of time and have the same effect.

Yes, because making sure that employers don't treat their employees like absolute crap is a recipe for the total collapse of society, amirite? Roll Eyes In the event that employers wouldn't hire or whatever it wouldn't be a problem just to seize said industries outright and let the workers control the hiring themselves. No point in being held hostage by parasites.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #54 on: April 15, 2014, 10:16:07 AM »

Every time TNF says something I expect $100 million of capital outflows occurs. Of course he neglects the entire effect seizing industry would have on business creation. If we were to seize businesses for not hiring in the sort of climate he aims to create (which no rational person would), we'd very quickly find ourselves with no businesses whatsoever.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: April 15, 2014, 12:43:37 PM »

Every time TNF says something I expect $100 million of capital outflows occurs. Of course he neglects the entire effect seizing industry would have on business creation. If we were to seize businesses for not hiring in the sort of climate he aims to create (which no rational person would), we'd very quickly find ourselves with no businesses whatsoever.

The means of making what needs to be made would still exist, and would be in public trust, which would definitely be an improvement over greedy parasites owning and exploiting them for profit.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #56 on: April 15, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »

Well because they already exist. What about the future? Who will innovate and create the new industries? The workers? They are too busy working.
DC Al Fine
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #57 on: April 15, 2014, 08:45:43 PM »

Hostile to TNFs amendment as well.
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #58 on: April 15, 2014, 08:53:11 PM »

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Status: A vote is now open on the above Amendment.  Senators please vote Aye, Nay or Abstain.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #59 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:50 PM »

AYE
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #60 on: April 15, 2014, 09:29:37 PM »

Yes, because making sure that employers don't treat their employees like absolute crap is a recipe for the total collapse of society, amirite? Roll Eyes In the event that employers wouldn't hire or whatever it wouldn't be a problem just to seize said industries outright and let the workers control the hiring themselves. No point in being held hostage by parasites.

If the workers do the hiring, then they become the employers, and they still have to abide by all that job-killing regulation.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #61 on: April 15, 2014, 09:59:56 PM »

Nay

Well because they already exist. What about the future? Who will innovate and create the new industries? The workers? They are too busy working.

Workers would be replaced by machines, freeing up labor to go on to more productive tasks, of course.
Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #62 on: April 15, 2014, 11:17:21 PM »

AYE

What kind of "laborite" wants workers to be replaced by machines? Tongue
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #63 on: April 15, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »

Nay

Workers would be replaced by machines, freeing up labor to go on to more productive tasks, of course.

Like not working? Tongue
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2014, 12:40:07 AM »

AYE

The kind that wants to abolish useless toil and free the worker to become a fully independent and fully developed human being, not stunted by capitalist social relations.
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2014, 06:18:28 AM »

Aye
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2014, 02:40:12 PM »

Aye.
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2014, 08:05:26 PM »

AYE

The kind that wants to abolish useless toil and free the worker to become a fully independent and fully developed human being, not stunted by capitalist social relations.

You realize that some people prefer to work. And provided they are compensated fairly and have a safe working environment, I feel obliged to pursue policies that shall facilitate there ability to do that.
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix

« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2014, 08:44:02 PM »

AYE
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2014, 09:44:19 PM »

AYE

You realize that some people prefer to work. And provided they are compensated fairly and have a safe working environment, I feel obliged to pursue policies that shall facilitate there ability to do that.

Yes, and I'm sure there were many a happy slave. That's irrelevant. Work that needs to be done will be done, be it by robots or by human beings who actually want to do it (i.e. meaningful work, as opposed to meaningless toil as a Wal-Mart door greeter or something)
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 17, 2014, 12:56:46 AM »

AYE

Yes, and I'm sure there were many a happy slave. That's irrelevant. Work that needs to be done will be done, be it by robots or by human beings who actually want to do it (i.e. meaningful work, as opposed to meaningless toil as a Wal-Mart door greeter or something)

I am not a fan of slave labor my friend and I fear with all the new statutes on such matters the under the table economy is thriving and free of all protections, environmental, safety and wage, not to mention of course taxes. That is what I mean when I say it is counterproductive. I know you said you wanted to eventually do away with government at some point, I don't think this is what you had in mind though. Tongue
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #71 on: April 17, 2014, 07:31:08 PM »

One short of passing this. The vote ends tomorrow evening
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #72 on: April 18, 2014, 06:36:37 AM »

Aye
North Carolina Yankee
Atlas Institution
United States

« Reply #73 on: April 18, 2014, 07:43:14 PM »

This ends in an hour, so I will have to close it in the morning when I get on if Cincy doesn't sweep up after me again tonight.

Please excise votes from quote boxes before you start quoting up the thread. Tongue
Cincinnatus
JBach717
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2014, 04:57:09 PM »
« Edited: April 19, 2014, 05:31:13 PM by Cincinnatus »

Vote on Amendment 60:47 by shua:

Aye (5): shua, Yankee, Tyrion, Lumine, and bore
Nay (1): TNF
Abstain (0):

Didn't Vote (4):  DC al Fine, Alfred, Goldwater, and Talleyrand.

The amendment has been adopted.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies