SENATE BILL: Residential Taxation Reform Act of 2014 (Law'd) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 05:18:06 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  SENATE BILL: Residential Taxation Reform Act of 2014 (Law'd) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: SENATE BILL: Residential Taxation Reform Act of 2014 (Law'd)  (Read 2920 times)
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« on: March 29, 2014, 12:15:25 PM »

Is home ownership really something that we should encourage? Germany and Switzerland seem to be doing fine with home ownership rates of barely 50%. Doesn't renting encourage people to make better investments and allow for more workforce mobility?

And besides, do we really need a tax exemption that will disproportionately benefit the affluent - i.e. those who have already taken the most expensive houses? It seems to me that we'd be better off removing the interest deduction without replacing it with anything.

Of course we should encourage home ownership. The People in this country have different social desires... than elsewhere. I am surprised, in particular, to see Senator TNF advocating for more rentiership. One would think that he'd be disinclined to have The working People beholden to landlords. Of course, I'm assuming we'd all be living in public housing if he had his way... but the fact is that it is good economic sense to give common People a nice, appreciating financial asset. Renting is simply unrecoverable money.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2014, 05:50:59 PM »

I suggest the savings be reinvested into worker-owned enterprises, or cooperatives.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2014, 09:26:07 AM »

I suggest the savings be reinvested into worker-owned enterprises, or cooperatives.

I was obviously joking. Can we implement the tax credit? Obviously we can not vindictively remove a deduction without giving The People relief somewhere.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2014, 10:16:07 AM »

Every time TNF says something I expect $100 million of capital outflows occurs. Of course he neglects the entire effect seizing industry would have on business creation. If we were to seize businesses for not hiring in the sort of climate he aims to create (which no rational person would), we'd very quickly find ourselves with no businesses whatsoever.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2014, 04:19:22 PM »

Well because they already exist. What about the future? Who will innovate and create the new industries? The workers? They are too busy working.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2014, 11:57:58 PM »

Nay

Well because they already exist. What about the future? Who will innovate and create the new industries? The workers? They are too busy working.

Workers would be replaced by machines, freeing up labor to go on to more productive tasks, of course.

Like not working? Tongue
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies