Jets sign dog-killer Michael Vick, release team killer Mark Sanchez
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 02:44:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  Jets sign dog-killer Michael Vick, release team killer Mark Sanchez
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Jets sign dog-killer Michael Vick, release team killer Mark Sanchez  (Read 1845 times)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 21, 2014, 09:57:34 PM »

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24495128/jets-release-qb-mark-sanchez-sign-michael-vick

Vick was signed to a one year $5 million contract and is expected to battle Geno Smith for the starting QB job. In addition to Vick and Smith, the Jets have Phil Simms's kid Matt at Quarterback

Sanchez's NFL career as a starter looks over, with only some teams needing even a backup; Buffalo, who have virtually nothing behind EJ Manuel, Arizona, where Carson Palmer probably isn't the answer as a starter and there are no capable backups (Or Wide Receivers for that matter), Chicago, which given Jay Cutler's recent injury history, probably needs a good backup to protect their big investment, Cleveland, which is probably his best option if he wants to be a starter, but they'll likely take a Quarterback in the draft, Denver, given Peyton Manning's age and relatively recent serious injury, wouldn't the Broncos want a Quarterback better able to step in than Brock Osweiler or Zach Dysert? Green Bay, where Aaron Rodgers spent most of last season injured, and Matt Flynn has proved he's a career backup (and maybe not even that), Houston which just traded it's former starter, but may take two Quarterbacks in the draft (It's that bad there), Jacksonville, where Chad Henne is the starter, which proves how bad they are (although they're currently carrying two other Quarterbacks-former Iowa Standout Ricki Stanzi, and Former Michigan Star Denard Robinson), Minnesota which has three current or former NFL starters (Matt Cassel, Josh Freeman, Christian Ponder) none of whom are particularly good (do I hear four?) Oakland, who just traded for former Houston starter Matt Schaub, and have former Ohio State standout Terrelle Pryor on the roster, but neither has played particularly well, Pittsburgh which given the beating Ben Roethisberger on a weekly basis, really should invest in a better backup QB, the New York Giants, who really should be investing in a serious backup to INT-happy Eli Manning, rather than Curtis Painter, or Ryan Nassib, St. Louis who has career backups (and ex-Jet backup) Kellen Clemens as the starter and some dude named Austin Davis (From Southern Mississippi) as the current backup, Tampa who currently is starting North Carolina State legend Mike Glennon, but probably could use a better backup than Dan Orlovsky, and Tennessee, who has a mediocre starter (Jake Locker) and a backup no one's heard of, Arkansas alum, Tyler Wilson.

Of Course not all of these teams will want, or even be remotely interested in the Sanchize.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2014, 10:04:06 PM »

So we're going to have a separate thread for every significant offseason move in the NFL?

Why not just have one omnibus "NFL offseason discussion thread"?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2014, 12:42:17 AM »

Giants suck. Eli threw more picks than Vick and Geno Smith combined.
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2014, 03:39:34 AM »

...did you just say that Larry Fitzgerald isn't a capable receiver?

I don't even. Is this real life? What in the Christ is this?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2014, 08:25:17 AM »

Don't you need more than one in today's NFL?
DemPGH
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2014, 10:36:24 AM »
« Edited: March 23, 2014, 10:39:25 AM by DemPGH »

Sanchez was a bust and Vick just ain't all that (never was, IMO), and he's in the twilight years. The Jets better hope Geno gets it together and they get some weapons.

Parcells used to say, "There's no such thing as 1-800-dial-a-quarterback," and he was right. Maybe it was Gibbs (who won SBs with Joe Theisman, Doug Williams, and Mark Rypien!), but I think it was Parcells. You just never know how these QBs will work out, and you really, really need to have a running game for a QB.

Why not just have one omnibus "NFL offseason discussion thread"?

Superb idea. Should be pinned, stickied, or whatever. 
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2014, 10:59:48 AM »
« Edited: March 24, 2014, 01:22:40 AM by Sawx »

Tell that to Tom Brady. He made David Givens look like one of the best draft steals in the league for a while.

Also, Michael Floyd? 1k receiving yards ain't nothing to f**k with. I'll go as far as to say that the Cardinals have better receivers than my Patriots.
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2014, 09:08:40 PM »

Tell that to Tom Brady. He made David Givens look like one of the best draft steals in the league for a while.

Also, Michael Floyd? 1k receiving yards ain't nothing to f**k with. I'll go as far as to say that the Cardinals have better receivers than my Patriots.

The Cardinals and 30 other teams, lol. Seriously, as a proud Jets fan who had to watch the leagues worst receivers two years in a row, what teams would you not trade with? Jags and Rams are pretty bad too so maybe you wouldn't trade with them because of system reasons, but I would rather have Shorts or Austin than Amendola or Edelman
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2014, 09:09:50 PM »

I want to see Phils reaction when the Jets get DJax and Chip Kelly signs Mark Sanchez.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2014, 11:02:24 PM »

I want to see Phils reaction when the Jets get DJax and Chip Kelly signs Mark Sanchez.

Honestly I think if Sanchez goes anywhere, it's Seattle, after all his college coach (Pete Carroll) is now the head coach there...
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 11:21:58 PM »

Honestly I think if Sanchez goes anywhere, it's Seattle, after all his college coach (Pete Carroll) is now the head coach there...

I've only really heard Eagles and Rams...no reason to go somewhere that already has a QB.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2014, 12:17:08 AM »

Besides beating Patriots that one year, he didn't accomplish anything else. They need a new start.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2014, 10:13:20 PM »

The question is: did Sanchez use a Louisville Slugger?
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2014, 10:34:40 PM »

Besides beating Patriots that one year, he didn't accomplish anything else. They need a new start.
Roll Eyes

Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2014, 07:24:07 PM »

Ok lets start counting down...
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2014, 01:06:53 AM »

The Cardinals and 30 other teams, lol. Seriously, as a proud Jets fan who had to watch the leagues worst receivers two years in a row, what teams would you not trade with? Jags and Rams are pretty bad too so maybe you wouldn't trade with them because of system reasons, but I would rather have Shorts or Austin than Amendola or Edelman

Amendola would have been as good as Welker if he played. Edelman is underrated as hell though (but not Shorts good, and soon won't be Austin good).

Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2014, 01:14:58 AM »

Amendola would have been as good as Welker if he played. Edelman is underrated as hell though (but not Shorts good, and soon won't be Austin good).

Not really, he is good, but he isn't Welker.  Not to mention if he played part.   Amendola is hurt even more than Vick
Napoleon
Atlas Icon

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2014, 01:43:01 AM »

Amendola isn't any better than any other slot reciever IMO. He does nothing special and I would take Jeremy Kerley over him and even Edelman. Actually I noticed Kerley had the third lowest drop rate in the league. This offense can take off with him and Decker, should the jets som how get Desean Jackson. I think Djax burned Revis twice for TDs in their game last season.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies