Could Hillary get 40% in OK?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:08:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2016 U.S. Presidential Election
  Could Hillary get 40% in OK?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Could Hillary get 40% in OK?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 66

Author Topic: Could Hillary get 40% in OK?  (Read 1772 times)
Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2014, 06:31:31 PM »

If this were 2008, yeah, Hillary could get 40% in Oklahoma.  However, her ceiling now is 36-37%, I believe.  The reason it has gone down is simply clear:  Barack H. Obama.  If Hillary hadn't become the Secretary of State and appeared to have shifted drastically to the left then she might have done well, but Obama did her in here, I believe.  If Obama were to run again in 2016, he would be in jeopardy of only getting in the 20's in Oklahoma.  This state is anti-Obama to the core.
Joshgreen
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2014, 06:40:05 PM »

If this were 2008, yeah, Hillary could get 40% in Oklahoma.  However, her ceiling now is 36-37%, I believe.  The reason it has gone down is simply clear:  Barack H. Obama.  If Hillary hadn't become the Secretary of State and appeared to have shifted drastically to the left then she might have done well, but Obama did her in here, I believe.  If Obama were to run again in 2016, he would be in jeopardy of only getting in the 20's in Oklahoma.  This state is anti-Obama to the core.

No way Obama could go lower given his having reached the bottom threshold of the Democratic vote in 2012. Who in Oklahoma who is going to vote Republican didn't in 2012.
Frozen Sky Ever Why
ShadowOfTheWave
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2014, 07:29:26 PM »

According to the poll referenced in this thread, Edwards could have gotten 50% against Romney in 08: https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=66879.0.

Couldn't find the original poll.

excelsus
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2014, 08:26:25 PM »

Having read all the comments, I don't dare anymore to say that Hillary will lose OK by only ten percentage points and that she will win CD 2 and CD 5...
Reginald
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2014, 10:57:10 PM »

Who in Oklahoma who is going to vote Republican didn't in 2012.

Yeah. I mean, you'd basically have to be one of those people who decide whom to vote for literally at the voting booth for that idea to hold any water whatsoever.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 11:55:02 AM »

I can see Hillary getting at least 40% of the vote in Oklahoma, but she won't win the state.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 04:58:38 PM »

No. I think her rural and southern appeal is far overrated. High 30s would be tops.

I could see her winning one of the heavily Native American counties though.

This, though I'd say her chances of winning even Cherokee County (or any other) are unlikely.
Starbucks Union Thug HokeyPuck
HockeyDude
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2014, 05:01:38 PM »

I hope not.  That would mean she's made quite a few concessions/appeals to the right.  
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies