Opinion of Ronald Reagan (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 04:04:58 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Ronald Reagan (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Opinion of Ronald Reagan?
Freedom Fighter

Horrible Person

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 126

Author Topic: Opinion of Ronald Reagan  (Read 15313 times)
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« on: March 23, 2014, 02:28:02 PM »
« edited: March 23, 2014, 02:36:07 PM by Guntaker »

HP, he was a senile old hack who was corrupt, intensified the drug war, and even had a racist side.

He also drifted the GOP majorly to the Right, *sigh* I wish Baker won in 1980.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2014, 04:12:28 PM »

Oh, the POS old racist who sold this country out to his corporate masters?  Garbage person and garbage President. 
He wasn't racist. He was one of the first presidents not to be racist.
He was opposed to Martin Luther King Day, blocked a bill that would sanction Apartheid-South Africa, and the "Young Buck" thing.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2014, 05:33:05 PM »

Liberals: Awful President
Conservatives: FF President!
Libertarians: Great rhetoric. Horrible President.
Other: FF or HP

Liberals believe he's awful because they believe the world would have stayed the same, if Reagan hadn't been elected.

Stagflation changed the world. Reagan was the beneficiary, and he accomplished quite a bit with the political power he inherited.
Like what?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2014, 12:49:07 PM »

These results are terrible. There's no way he's worse than some of the others right now.

A lot of people in this thread (excluding myself, regrettably) have been pretty explicit in their reasons for disliking Reagan, yet you keep repeating this as if nobody has. So tell us why, according to your evaluation, he's so unfairly judged.
Charisma is far more important than most people in this thread think. Part of being a good president, especially in modern times, is the ability to present yourself. See how Kennedy won in 1960 because of his charisma on television? (and thievery, but that's beside the point)
OMG Kennedy totes stole the election! Whaddya mean Nixon was messing around in Illinois too? Nah,  It's was all Kennedy! (Sorry, I just can't stand it when people say that)

And being successful =/ Good President.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2014, 01:14:35 PM »

These results are terrible. There's no way he's worse than some of the others right now.

A lot of people in this thread (excluding myself, regrettably) have been pretty explicit in their reasons for disliking Reagan, yet you keep repeating this as if nobody has. So tell us why, according to your evaluation, he's so unfairly judged.
Charisma is far more important than most people in this thread think. Part of being a good president, especially in modern times, is the ability to present yourself. See how Kennedy won in 1960 because of his charisma on television? (and thievery, but that's beside the point)
OMG Kennedy totes stole the election! Whaddya mean Nixon was messing around in Illinois too? Nah,  It's was all Kennedy! (Sorry, I just can't stand it when people say that)

And being successful =/ Good President.

Like I said, the election of 1960 is beside the point, and Texas was stolen too.
You can't just steal 40,000 votes in Dallas.

But I do understand that it's beside the point.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2014, 04:04:29 PM »

Reagen happened to be a senile old man around the years of 1983-1989.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies