1884 Conventions
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 12:09:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  1884 Conventions
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Poll
Question: An open field.
Union Convention: Vice President Arthur Sewall of Maine

Union Convention: Governor Grover Cleveland of New York

Union Convention: Senator James Blaine of Maine

Union Convention: Senator Frederick Frelinghuysen of New Jersey

Union Convention: Representative Henry F. Adams of Massachusetts

Whig Convention: Governor Benjamin Harrison of Indiana

Whig Convention: Representative James Weaver of Iowa

Whig Convention: Senator Joseph E. Brown of Georgia

Whig Convention: Senator Newton Booth of California

Whig Convention: Representative Samuel Randall of Pennsylvania

Whig Convention: Activist Walter M. Gibson of Nevada

Radical Convention: Activist Walter M. Gibson of Nevada

Radical Convention: Senator Joseph F. Smith of Illinois

Radical Convention: Speaker John Ingalls of Kansas

Radical Convention: Fmr. Governor Benjamin Butler of Massachusetts

Radical Convention: Governor Benjamin Harrison of Indiana

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 34

Author Topic: 1884 Conventions  (Read 2334 times)
FEMA Camp Administrator
Cathcon
Atlas Star
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2014, 12:22:54 PM »

"People's Republic of America" sounds weird, and we did already have a Republican party that turned racist. Perhaps the People's Democrats? We've never had a Democratic party before.

Isn't "People's Republic of America" what you guys are shooting for anyway? I think the name would add some badassery to your guys' side of the aisle at least (in a sort of subtle way, IMO). People's Democrats could work, though I fear if you isolated it only to the term "Democrats", we'd end up in 2016 with the exact same left-wing party we have today (albeit, a few more points off-center, but you get the idea).
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2014, 12:30:18 PM »

"People's Republic of America" sounds weird, and we did already have a Republican party that turned racist. Perhaps the People's Democrats? We've never had a Democratic party before.

Isn't "People's Republic of America" what you guys are shooting for anyway? I think the name would add some badassery to your guys' side of the aisle at least (in a sort of subtle way, IMO). People's Democrats could work, though I fear if you isolated it only to the term "Democrats", we'd end up in 2016 with the exact same left-wing party we have today (albeit, a few more points off-center, but you get the idea).

True, true. Is Zioneer down with People's Republicans or should we go with People's Party? Or should we head off in a totally different direction? The Farmer-Labor Party, perhaps?
Zioneer
PioneerProgress
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2014, 02:02:19 PM »

True, true. Is Zioneer down with People's Republicans or should we go with People's Party? Or should we head off in a totally different direction? The Farmer-Labor Party, perhaps?

Well, I don't want to use the name of any current real-life party, as I feel that it would be boring. I like the idea of a Reform Party, though I thought the Unionists (or at least Cassius Clay) were all for reform/anti-corruption?

Some kind of long-winded name that is commonly discarded in favor of a nickname (like the New Democratic Party of Canada and their nickname of NDP or "Dippers") might work.

Or Farmer-Labor, though I'm not quite sure where the three parties areas of support are. Something akin to the Nonpartisan Alliance might be interesting.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies