The Ideas Pledge
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 11:16:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  The Ideas Pledge
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The Ideas Pledge  (Read 353 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 27, 2014, 01:59:31 PM »

The Pledge

"I, -the candidate-, promise to promote the smart and productive discussion of ideas during my time in office. I will, during the campaign, develop a fully fleshed out position on an issue. I will become informed and somewhat of an expert on that issue and publish my informed opinion to this thread, titled 'The Ideas Pledge.' This, I swear. So help me Dave.

This pledge is designed to promote the discussion of real ideas about policy instead of the broad generalities we hear so often. Hopefully, given that the pledge gets people to become very well-informed on an issue, we will eventually have a community that is very knowledgeable about issues.

It also serves as a political tool for the substance candidate against the cosmetic candidate. Feel free to use lines such as, "My opponent failed to sign the Ideas Pledge and has no plan to move Atlasia forward!" or use your own signing of the pledge and subsequent experience from it as a qualification for your candidacy.

I, as the author and promoter of the Pledge, will definitely be holding both signatories and non-signatories accountable. If you sign it, you should be prepared to become well-versed about an issue and propose a policy prescription.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2014, 03:28:59 PM »

"I, Simfan, promise to promote the smart and productive discussion of ideas during my time in office. I will, during the campaign, develop a fully fleshed out position on an issue. I will become informed and somewhat of an expert on that issue and publish my informed opinion to this thread, titled 'The Ideas Pledge.' This, I swear. So help me Dave.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2014, 08:28:36 PM »

Do we get to pick the issue?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2014, 09:21:50 PM »

Nothing here suggests that you wouldn't get to pick it.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2014, 09:30:38 PM »

Nothing here suggests that you wouldn't get to pick it.

Noted.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2014, 10:00:46 PM »

I'd do this if I were running for office any time soon Tongue
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2014, 10:25:51 PM »

I, Alfred, promise to promote the smart and productive discussion of ideas during my time in office. I will, during the campaign, develop a fully fleshed out position on an issue. I will become informed and somewhat of an expert on that issue and publish my informed opinion to this thread, titled 'The Ideas Pledge.' This, I swear. So help me Dave.

Hopefully I can do this in the 40 minutes left. BTW, what's the federal minimum wage?
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2014, 12:30:58 AM »

I, JCL, promise to promote the smart and productive discussion of ideas during my time in office. I will, during the campaign, develop a fully fleshed out position on an issue. I will become informed and somewhat of an expert on that issue and publish my informed opinion to this thread, titled 'The Ideas Pledge.' This, I solumnly promise . So help me God and Dave.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies