2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 09:19:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154468 times)
badgate
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1000 on: June 17, 2014, 11:36:40 PM »
« edited: June 18, 2014, 12:03:31 AM by badgate »

Excerpt from Southern Strategy (May 23-28 swing)

We're very patriotic here in America! (cheers) Yep, that's right! So why is Rudy Giuliani - Why is he posting a Vice Presidential list with nobody who served in the armed forces? Why did he write off so many patriotic Americans who gave their lives all for the freedom that we hold dear and will defend to the bitter end? In case you forgot, Rudy, we're at war in Iraq! And in Afghanistan! Maybe you forgot, sitting up there in that ivory tower! (laughter, cheers) But we won't forget this! We won't forget your failure to consider somebody with military experience on his Vice Presidential short list.

We've got challenges out there in Iraq. We need an honest president that we can count on and hold accountable. The outgoing administration has been treating the Middle East like a game of RISK. But if we're going to be deployed we shouldn't be nation building; we should be terrorist hunting. Rooting out terrorist organizations that have taken institutional hold of state and federal governments, eliminating the threat shown to us by 9/11, that should be the only purpose of our deployments. I have the deepest respect for our men and women serving in uniform; it is unconscionable to think Giuliani thinks so little that he didn't even consider a VP with military experience...speaks a lot to how little he will think of soldiers' lives in deciding things as President.

In the Senate I have long defended the rights of veterans, and today am proud to announce my reform plans for the Veterans Affairs department. The last military engagement on the scale of Iraq and Afghanistan was decades ago, and it would be stupid of us to not expect new challenges in transitioning soldiers to civilian life upon returning to home soil. As President I will make a focus on health care access for all veterans. We will streamline the bureaucracy to ensure short wait times and help veterans we private doctors if their closest VA hospital has especially high demands. We are obligated to make sure those serving are paid fairly, and I will not sign a budget that shortchanges our troops. Period.

Excerpt from Rally, Town Hall, etc.

I remember, as all Americans do, the outpouring of community love and support in the wake of the tragic 9/11 attacks. And I remember that it showed to us America's charitable heart. As President I will direct the IRS to simplify the tax-exempt procedures required of charities, so that they can spend more time focusing on the people that matter: those in need. And we should support all charities, while expecting charities to support all Americans.

And in too many parts of our beloved country poverty is too pervasive and too widespread. We will work to enact a payroll tax holiday for low and middle-income earners for the months of January, June, July, August, & December. We will work to support business so that workers can be provided with day care services and more flexible options for working parents. And we will not rest until urban renewal allows people to reliably, safely, and without fear of scheduling problems, commute to work via public transportation.

My campaign itself is showing my willingness to work for working parents; we recently announced the creation of Town Halls for Parents, a series of town halls that we are holding for parents who need to be with their children after school and work but want to be able to hear from this campaign firsthand. I am pleased to announce today that the first will be held in Huntsville, Alabama. Other communities that are already confirmed to host a Town Hall for Parents: Scranton PA, Indianapolis IN, Durham NC, Dallas TX, Phoenix AZ, & Madison WI.

And my administration will raise the minimum wage, because if you ask me, hard work deserves a fair wage. We will work to enact measured to ensure a level playing field in the workplace, so that everybody is treated and paid fairly. Your worth at work will not be based on subjective values such as gender or race but on your merits, on how hard you'll work, not on who you are. That's the Biden economic plan for working families, and the promise we make to each other to move this country forward.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1001 on: June 18, 2014, 02:42:21 AM »

I've been busy with work. May we get one more day on this turn? I'd like to try and flesh out the Greens' convention.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1002 on: June 18, 2014, 07:09:44 AM »

I've been busy with work. May we get one more day on this turn? I'd like to try and flesh out the Greens' convention.
That's ok.
Round will end June 19th at 11:59 PM EST
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1003 on: June 18, 2014, 02:18:24 PM »

GOTV Strategy/Talking Points

Campaign Staff:
Campaign Manager: Ron Klain
Press Secretary: Stephanie Cutter
Chief Adviser: Valerie Biden
Political Director: Bruce Reed
Communications Director: Paul Begala
Policy Director: Mario Cuomo
Vice Presidential Committee Chair: Ted Kaufman
Field Director: Tom McMahon
Regional Field Director (Mid-West): Karin Johanson
Regional Field Director (South-Mountain West): Jessica Walsh
Regional Field Director (Pacific West): Ted Lowrimore
Regional Field Director (New England): Stephen Savage
Regional Field Director (Upper South): Jules Murphy
Regional Field Director (Deep South): Chris Turner

We are pleased to announce the successful and smooth transition of Biden for America's resources with that of the DNC. This campaign is prepared to bring Senator Biden's message of peace and prosperity to citizens in all corners of this nation.

Biden for America developed a successful neighborhood team model of volunteers, and has already strong volunteer recruitment in the following states (thanks to the campaign's elongated primary battle): Wisconsin*, Virginia, Ohio, Florida, Texas*, Mississippi*, Idaho*, Wyoming*, Massachusetts*, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Michigan, Arizona*, Hawai'i*, Alaska, and Illinois*. Those marked with an asterisk are states the Senator Biden won the popular vote during the primary. The campaign will continue to use this volunteer base, until the middle of August, to recruit more volunteers in their neighborhoods through block walking and phone banking.

The campaign's field operation is also building the same volunteer infrastructure in the following states: Nevada, New Mexico, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Montana, Minnesota, and North Carolina. Judging from the campaign's recruitment metrics during the primary, volunteer teams in these states will likely have an average of 3 volunteers per event, 5 after three weeks of events, and 8 after six weeks. As of today, these states are clocking an average of 6 volunteers per event, on track to reach the projected 8 volunteers. We do expect during and after the DNC to see these numbers, nation-wide, increase dramatically as more Americans decide to take ownership in this campaign and help bring its positive message to their friends and neighbors.

The neighborhood model is based around the campaign's central message in the general election: Joe Biden is the everyman. He will fight for ordinary Americans just like you. The message is augmented by its delivery from a neighbor who lives two blocks away.

We have completed hiring for the campaign's Regional Field Directors. The 6 regions for this first phase of the campaign's grassroots organizing are depicted below in this map:

New England
Mid-West
Upper South
Deep South
South-Mountain West
Pacific West

After the Democratic National Convention, when the grassroots volunteers turn from a major focus on recruitment to a major focus on voter persuasion and commitment, the regions will be split among the Regional Field Directors and a number of new RFDs. This will allow for an even stronger and better coordinated organization during the fall campaign.

Alright team. There is a lot of work to do and so much potential in this campaign and its positive message for the future of America. So let's hit the ground running!

The major story for surrogates should be to hammer home the positive message of Senator Biden fighting for the everyman in America. The major point of contention to make against Rudy Giuliani should be to hammer home his failure to include a citizen with military service on his Vice Presidential shortlist. We want to have every news outlet in the country running the Giuliani story, and every community in the country buzzing about Biden's support for all Americans.

--Emphasize that Senator Biden is a family man. After his wife and newborn daughter were tragically killed in an automobile accident, Senator Biden stayed in Delaware every night and began the habit of commuting to D.C. on the Amtrak every morning, so that he could be there for his sons. While on the floor of the Senate, Biden instructed his staff to interrupt him no matter what if his children needed to reach him.

--Emphasize that Senator Biden represents and fights for the everyman in America. This is reinforced when voters hear Senator Biden speak, and respond to his folksy yet progressive speaking style. Major issues to focus on: raising the minimum wage, payroll tax holiday for working Americans, and helping American charities reach and help more people in need.

--Mayor Giuliani's campaign is centered on the past: policies and ideas of the past. Giuliani claims what qualifies him for President are events in the past; Senator Biden however is qualified because he is ready to prepare America for a better tomorrow. Giuliani has been bringing up the Senator's 1988 campaign, and the plagiarism attacks Senator Biden received at the time. Brush these off as proof that Giuliani is stuck in the past, while attacking Giuliani for the VP shortlist flap.

--The general election campaign is under a week old, Giuliani's campaign has already turned negative. Point this out as a sign of weakness and a sign that their campaign knows they are stalled on an uphill road. In contrast, Biden for America is only airing positive ads focused on Senator Biden's plan to fix the Republicans' mistakes in Iraq and at home.

--Senator Biden has led the entire Presidential field on the issue of raising the minimum wage. Be wary of the Giuliani campaign making false accusations, and feeding these accusations to reporters, claiming that Biden is following Giuliani's lead because our campaign has staked out a 50-State Strategy. State clearly that we are not concerned with the petty scorekeeping of the Giuliani campaign; our concern is the future and betterment of the American people. However it is of paramount importance that voters understand that Giuliani's support for the minimum wage is simply a political show horse meant to distract from the fact that he didn't support raising it until Senator Biden made it an issue that would determine many people's votes. Giuliani ONLY moved on the issue because he saw that he had to in order to win. Senator Biden, in contrast, doesn't make political calculations for the cynical practice of getting votes. He is a leader.

--If asked about Congressman Kucinich or Governor Johnson's campaign, be respectful (unlike Giuliani's surrogates). Emphasize to voters their own agency, and point out that Giuliani's campaign has tried to write the candidates off as "dangerous" and "spoiler" candidates. Emphasize that Giuliani is taking this tact because he feels entitled to the votes of those who may be sympathetic and switch to a third party candidate. "The thing is, they're not his votes, they're your votes."

There is a lot of ground to cover, but the primary campaign has positioned Senator Biden extremely well. He has already received broad support from the Democratic party's big tent, and this should be emphasized as a clear indication of Senator Biden's ability to unite the country. Good luck and if you have questions your assistants or chiefs-of-staff can get me on the phone any time.

See you on the campaign trail,
Bruce Reed
Political Director, Biden for America
Tom McMahon
Field Director, Biden for America
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1004 on: June 18, 2014, 02:23:54 PM »

Statement from Biden for America

While Senator Biden campaigns through the South and North East during the provided schedules, the campaign trail staff will consist of: Senator Joe Biden, Dr. Jill Biden, & Communications Director Paul Begala.

The rest of the senior campaign staff will be traveling with Senator Biden but spending most of each day meeting with the given state's Democratic state party. The people in these meetings include Campaign Manager Ron Klain, Press Secretary Stephanie Cutter, Political Director Bruce Reed, Field Director Tom McMahon, and the Regional Field Director for the state in question. The purpose of the meeting is to coordinate unity between Biden for America and the state's congressional, senate, and state-level candidates, as well as to establish campaign plans for the general election and bring as many voters as possible to the polls in November.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1005 on: June 18, 2014, 05:55:13 PM »

Vice President Giuliani Schedule Part 1 - May 26th-31st, 2004

"We need a united nation in this post-9/11 world, and what Senator Joe Biden has done is put out divisive statement after divisive statement. I'm not going to comment on it because that's not the kind of campaign I'm running. I'm running to unite this country, beat back terror, and bring hope for the American Dream. I have experience uniting people on crucial issues as Mayor of New York City, and I want to bring that experience to the White House. Biden has experience pontificating on the floor of the Senate, making long speeches and asking equally long questions, and that's fine, but that's not leadership. I've led, and with your votes, I can lead us into a new era of American Prosperity!"

May 26th, 2004:
Barnstorming in Nashua, NH with Fmr. Gov. John Sunu and Gov. Craig Benson
Town Hall in Salem, NH with Fmr. Gov. John Sunu and Gov. Craig Benson
Meet and Greet in Hampton, NH with Fmr. Gov. John Sunu and Gov. Craig Benson
Speech in Portsmouth, NH with Fmr. Gov. John Sunu and Gov. Craig Benson
Barnstorming in Dover, NH with Fmr. Gov. John Sunu and Gov. Craig Benson

"Until recently, foreign policy has often been bipartisan, but since the Democratic Party has decided to campaign against our men and women in uniform, things have changed. The War in Iraq is something we need to deal with responsibly, but the calls for withdraw from people like Joe Biden show they aren't ready. We need to stay the course and act like the adults in the room and make sure Iraq has a stable government. We can't act erratically, we have to remain strong."

May 27th, 2004:
Barnstorming in Concord, NH with Fmr. Gov. John Sunu and Gov. Craig Benson
Town Hall in Bellmont, NH with Fmr. Gov. John Sunu and Gov. Craig Benson
Town Hall in Plymouth, NH with Fmr. Gov. John Sunu and Gov. Craig Benson
Meet and Greet in Glen, NH with Fmr. Gov. John Sunu and Gov. Craig Benson
Meet and Greet in Whitefield, NH with Fmr. Gov. John Sunu and Gov. Craig Benson

Excerpts from CNN

"This campaign is not about politics. This campaign is about bringing people together. Americans believe in a strong foreign policy, they believe in having a strong economy, they believe in opportunity for the future, and this campaign is here to address all those issues. We are pushing for a bipartisan minimum wage upgrade, putting more money in our maths and sciences so that our children can truly compete in the global market, and clearing out the tax code so that we can afford to fix the debt. All of these goals can be achieved because a leader is someone who works across the aisle to get things done, and my plans all will get bipartisan support."

"The negativity of this race is already getting out of hand. I'm not going to answer that question because I don't believe we should get on this 'he said, she said' track. My proposals are all going to move us toward a newer American future, all while balancing the interests of everybody involved. I'm not going to be beholden to certain interest groups, nor am I going to be held to the standards that certain conservative groups wish to hold me to. Instead, this campaign is going to be about giving America a reboot."

"I have heard the populist arguement before and I'm hearing it again today, but let's look at the facts. Americans don't benefit from tax and spend. Americans don't benefit when our jobs are being shipped overseas. Americans don't benefit when we aren't competitive in a global enviorment. We need big changes, we need leaders who are capable of moving forward, not going backward to the years of tax and spend and isolationism, and I will be a leader who Americans can count on."

May 28th, 2004:
Appearance on CNN
Meet and Greet in West Burke, VT with Gov. Jim Douglas and Gov. Craig Benson
Barnstorming in Monteplier, VT with Gov. Jim Douglas and Gov. Craig Benson
Town Hall in Burlington, VT with Gov. Jim Douglas and Gov. Craig Benson
Barnstorming in Albany, NY with Gov. George Pataki, and Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Town Hall in Kingston, NY with Gov. George Pataki, and Mayor Michael Bloomberg

"Polls don't show it, but Vermont voters are excited for the prospect of a Giuliani Presidency! We've heard pontificating before, but what this nation needs is leadership. Bad policy on all issues harm everyone, not just Republican, Democratic, or Independent voters. Ever since 1980, our scores in education have been moving downward with no end in sight. My proposal is simple, and goes on two fronts - first, we need to invest heavily in math and science. To deal with a new world structure, we need a new work force, and a new work force has to be highly skilled, so getting more people in those jobs helps us. And we must work on a second front, to allow parents more options for education. That includes charter school type programs, but we also need to balance that with improving our public schools. Combine all of that, I think we can really make a difference.

One last thing - when we say 50 state strategy, you bet we mean it!"

May 29th, 2004:
Barnstorming in New York City, NY  with Gov. George Pataki, and Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Fundraising in New York City, NY  with Gov. George Pataki, and Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Barnstorming in Bridgeport, CT with Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Fmr. Gov. Donald Carceri
Town Hall in Stamford, CT with Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Fmr. Gov. Donald Carceri
Barnstorming in Hoboken, NJ with Fmr. Gov. Christine Todd Whitman and Fmr. Gov. Tom Kean
Barnstorming in Jersey City, NJ with Fmr. Gov. Christine Todd Whitman and Fmr. Gov. Tom Kean

"What I want to talk about is the future of America. Our healthcare system needs dire improvements. In terms of cost, we spend more per person than any other nation in the world. That's not my President's fault, that's the fault of so many years of government sponsored healthcare. We need a healthcare system that cuts down on the bureaucracy and gives care to people directly with less middle men. I don't support a continuation of the status quo. We must modernize and make sure everyone gets the care that they need without blowing up the costs the way we have."

May 30th, 2004:
Vice Presidential Duties

May 31st, 2004:
Vice Presidential Duties
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1006 on: June 18, 2014, 09:49:55 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 08:11:04 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Joe Biden Surrogate Schedules (Yes, Badgate knows about this)

General Wesley Clark

May 26, 2004

Distribute Biden Campaign Literature in Garland, Arkansas

Distribute Biden Campaign Literature in Foreman, Arkansas

Barnstorm with Senator Blanche Lincoln, in Ashdown, Arkansas

Distribute Biden Campaign Literature in Murfreesboro, Arkansas

Speech in Arkadelphia, Arkansas

Just a few hours ago Vice-President Guliani, said in New Hampshire that we are running against our men and women in uniform. Well, as our nominee is so fond of saying, that's a bunch of malarkey! We aren't running against our troops, we're running against policies that send bad impressions of us to the world, and unnecessarily put our soldiers in harm's way!

May 27, 2004

Stump with Treasurer Nancy Farmer in Sarcoxie, Missouri

Distribute Biden and Farmer Campaign Literature in Ellisnore, Missouri

Interview with Rick Leventhal (For use on Monday's Fox and Friend's) in Wheeling, Missouri

General Clark, you've been on multiple VP shortlists leaked by Senator Biden. Do you believe that you should be his running mate?

Senator Biden has to pick who he feels works with him best. I'm honored to be on his shortlist and I'd be thrilled be his running mate, but I won't lose to much sleep if not I'm not picked.

May 28, 2004

Distribute Literature in Centerville, Iowa

Speech at Indian Hills Community College, in Ottumuwa, Iowa

The only thing Vice-President Giuliani has done of note is cripple the Mafia, and popularize the perp walk. But that was almost twenty years ago. Senator Biden has done quite a bit for America in those twenty years. What exactly has Giuliani done?

May, 29, 30

Vacation

May 31, Memorial Day

Visit Graves of U.S Soldiers, Long Island National Cemetary, and Calverton National Cemetary, New York
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1007 on: June 19, 2014, 04:39:53 AM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: May 26-31 & June 23-28

May 26
-Town Hall in Swanton, VT
-Town Hall in Vergennes, VT
-Town Hall in Newport, VT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rutland, VT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Burlington, VT

May 27
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sunnyvale, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Palmdale, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Santa Rosa, CA
-Appearance on The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
-Organizing campaign infrastructure in Los Angeles, CA

May 28
-Rally and Fundraiser in Oxnard, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Santa Ana, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Oakland, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sacramento, CA
-Rally and Fundraiser in San Francisco, CA

May 29
-Town Hall in Monmouth, OR
-Town Hall in Ontario, OR
-Town Hall in Cedar Mill, OR
-Rally and Fundraiser in Eugene, OR
-Rally and Fundraiser in Portland, OR

May 30
-Meet and Greet in Seward, AK
-Meet and Greet in Nome, AK
-Town Hall in Sitka, AK
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fairbanks, AK
-Rally and Fundraiser in Anchorage, AK

May 31
-Rally and Fundraiser in Coon Rapids, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Cloud, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Bloomington, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Paul, MN
-Rally and Fundraiser in Minneapolis, MN

May and June would be a critical time for the campaign, as it sought to establish itself as a credible venture with momentum to last for the rest of the election. Fundraisers were an integral part of the early days, ensuring that the campaign has strong cash reserves for later activities. In addition, propping up campaign offices across different states and keeping in touch with average voters was also crucial to collecting as much support as possible in all contested states. Kucinich is basking in on the media attention by highlighting several key issues on the campaign trail and on media appearances, including ending the Iraq War and implementing Medicare-for-All.

In the days leading up to the Green National Convention, the Kucinich campaign finalized its choice for a running mate. Some names reportedly looked at during the vetting process included consumer advocate Ralph Nader, former Alaska Senator Mike Gravel, and even former Vice President Al Gore. The final announcement was made in Burlington, Vermont, on June 18:

I'm glad all of you are here today. I'm here to announce that a true champion of the working class shall be my running mate with me on this ticket. He's defied the odds and has won elections when no one said he would have. He has a good record to stand on as the longest serving independent in Congress, fighting for Social Security, fair wages, universal healthcare, and many other important issues. We've worked well in Congress and I can think of no better partner to lead the charge to a Green future in the White House. Ladies and gentlemen, I'd like you to give a warm welcome to your Congressman, Bernie Sanders!

Thank you, thank you! I'm truly honored to be part of this ticket with my friend Dennis. We see eye to eye on many things, and we both know that the current trajectory with the Democrats and Republicans is just plain wrong for this country. No matter if it's Biden or Giuliani in there, expect to see your benefits cut, your backyard polluted, and your boys sent overseas. That's because both of them bow down to the same corporate agenda that wants to tear down our social safety net and make the government the servant of big business. With the Green Party, though, you'll know that we offer a better path. The Kucinich-Sanders ticket will not cater to special interest groups who represent only the richest among us. We're the only ticket that will stand up for the little guy, and our records prove it. Let's join together and go Green this November, my fellow Americans!

June 23
-Meeting with delegates in Milwaukee, WI
-Local media interviews
-Fundraising in Milwaukee, WI

June 24
-Organizing campaign strategy with GNC delegates
-Contacting grassroots organizations in Wisconsin

June 25
-Town Hall in Yarmouth, ME
-Town Hall in Old Town, ME
-Town Hall in Orono, ME
-Town Hall in Sanford, ME
-Organizing campaign infrastructure in Portland, ME

June 26
-Town Hall in Sidney, MT
-Town Hall in Miles City, MT
-Town Hall in Laurel, MT
--Town Hall in Evergreen, MT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Billings, MT

June 27
-Town Hall in Aiea, HI
-Town Hall in Halwa, HI
-Phone conference with GNC delegates
-Speech for nomination at GNC in Milwaukee, WI

June 28
-Acceptance speech at GNC in Milwaukee, WI
-Organizing campaign strategy with staff and supporters in Milwaukee, WI

Green National Convention Highlights - Progressives United!

Ralph Nader: I ran last time around, and while I may have gotten a fair amount of flak to say the least, we showed the Democrats and Republicans that the Green Party is a blossoming threat to the establishment, and we only have so much more room to grow! Dennis Kucinich and Bernie Sanders are easily the only capable individuals in this race to combat corporate power and take government back into the hands of the people. They've fought their whole careers to represent Main Street and not Wall Street, and they'll continue to do just that in the White House. This November, America will speak for a Green future!

Howard Dean: I contemplated running for President last year, I'll admit. I decided not to jump in because of all the hurdles of campaigning, but I also saw a true progressive already in the race, and that person was Dennis Kucinich. I saw in his vision a plan for this country that doesn't encourage war at every opportunity and give out more special favors for the rich. I may be a Democrat, but that doesn't mean I can't cross over and support the only ticket that is truly for the people this year. You know something? Not only are we going to rise in the polls, but we'll get in the debates, and then we'll trounce our opponents. We'll be going to Vermont, and Wisconsin, and California, and Oregon! And then we're going to Washington D.C. to take back the White House! Yeah!

Al GoreSad I know what some of y'all might be thinking: What in the heck is Al Gore doing here to support the party that cost him the presidency four years ago? [laughs] I actually don't blame you guys, but whoever was at fault, we don't need to think about the past anymore. Instead, we should look to the future. That's why I'm here: because I see Congressman Kucinich as the one candidate who sticks out as a visionary and someone who can tackle some of this country's biggest problems in innovative ways. Climate change is without a doubt the single most consequential issue of our times, and we as a global community must decide how to respond now before it's too late. A President Kucinich would put the environment first and reduce carbon emissions, clean up pollution in the country and in the cities, and push for sustainable renewable energy sources. While I have the utmost respect for Senator Biden and have worked with him on many issues, I ultimately see Congressman Kucinich as being the better candidate for our times. Together, we can win this election. Let's stay united and go for the victory this November!
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #1008 on: June 19, 2014, 02:49:06 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 10:54:27 PM by MadmanMotley »

Gary Johnson Campaign Schedule:

May 26:

Libertarian Convention:
Meet with delegates
Rally Volunteers for the party
Rally for delegates and volunteers

May 27:
Rally and GOTV in Reno, NV
Town Hall and GOTV in Carson City, NV
Barnstorm and GOTV in Sparks, NV

May 28:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Sun Valley, NV
Barnstorm and GOTV in Spanish Valley, NV
Barnstorm and GOTV in Fernley, NV

May 29:
Town Hall and GOTV in Pahrump, NV
Town Hall and Rally and GOTV in Enterprise, NV
Barnstorming and Rally and GOTV in Henderson, NV

May 30:
Town Hall and GOTV in Sunrise Manor, NV
Barnstorm and Rally in North Las Vegas, NV
Rally and GOTV in Las Vegas, NV

May 31:
Accept Libertarian Nomination
Rally at Convention

LIBERTARIAN CONVENTION SPEAKERS:

Harry Browne, Fmr. Libertarian Nominee
Freedom, freedom is what this country stands for, yet none of our politicians stand for freedom, they stand for ever increasing regulations, infringe on our civil liberties, and we continue to elect them! But now we have a real choice, instead of the endless two-party system, we have a chance to end this endless corruption of our country! Let’s stand together, and elect candidates that stand for liberty, let’s vote Libertarian in this election! Vote in the one candidate for president that stands for freedom and liberty! Vote Gary Johnson!

Buddy Roemer, Governor of Louisana
Today there is only one candidate that is running for the American people, and that is Gary Johnson! Too long as this country suffered under a two-party system! We have two parties that have consistently tried to take our freedoms and our liberties, well no longer! Today I am announcing that I am forming American’s Elect, an organization that will help fund independent and third-party candidates get on the ballot. We will push and lobby for electoral reform that breaks the stranglehold of the two-party system! And today we are starting that initiative by electing Gary Johnson to the White House!

Sarah Palin, Mayor of Wasilla, Alaska
Political freedom is what brings us here today! We have two candidates that are virtually identical! There is no more choice between the two parties, instead we need someone that will stand for freedom, liberty, and the American People! Let’s shake the system up, let’s fight for what’s right, let’s elect Gary Johnson to the White House, and show the establishment who really matters, the American People!

Barry Goldwater, U.S. Rep. from California
Long ago my father fought for the principles of liberty as senator, but unfortunately, both parties have strayed from their roots and nominated candidates that will not fight for the freedoms of Americans. Instead they take away our freedoms and liberty under the guise of “safety.” As Jefferson put it, “I would rather have dangerous liberty, than safe slavery.” Too long have we let our liberties slip through our hands, we must fight for them! The only way to do that is to elect someone who will protect our liberties at all costs! We need Gary Johnson in the White House, he is the only one who will protect our liberties and freedoms.

Clint Eastwood, Actor
No other candidates in this race support the second amendment! Each one has supported or enacted unconstitutional gun control measures! We don’t need scared little kitty-cats in Washington! We need real leaders with real guts! The only candidate I can support is Gary Johnson, he’s the only one ready to be president. He’s the only one that will protect our freedoms!

Ross Perot, Founder of the Reform Party
When I ran for president In 1992 and 1996, I focused on changing Washington. Now Governor Johnson Is running on a similar platform. While it is true we are not united on all issues, the principles of freedom and liberty remain the same! That is why I endorse Governor Johnson for President,  he represents true change in the White House, he will bring about an end to the corruption, and listen to the people! Let's Live Free with President Johnson!

Ron Paul, U.S. Rep from Texas
For the past several years I have been fighting for liberty in congress, and most of the time I have been working alone. But in the last few years there has been a surge in Liberty! You the people demand it! Neither of the Democrats or the Republicans have fielded a candidate will fight for you! Instead they have backed the establishment, and not the American people! We need a president of the people! We need real constitutional leadership in the White House! That leader is Gary Johnson! He as governor fought for his citizens and made his state great! He worked in a state that is 2-1 democratic as a republican, and still won! Now he is running as an independent for president and is the obvious choice. Neither of these candidates have anything to show compared to Gary Johnson!

William Weld, Governor of Massachusetts
Experience, conviction, determined. Those are words that describe Gary Johnson, he has the experience as Governor of New Mexico, the conviction to stand up for what he believes in, and knows how to lead. Determined, Governor Johnson never faltered when he led New Mexico, and now he is running to lead the United States. He is the only candidate that I trust to be president, he is no Washington insider, and he stands only for the American people, unlike the other candidates. He is the only candidate that is right for this country.

Jesse Ventura, Governor of Minnesota
As Governor of Minnesota, as a Navy UDT, and as a professional wrestler, I have never met anyone as tough as Gary Johnson! I am honored that he would pick me to be his vice-president, his work in New Mexico, and his hard work in keeping himself healthy shows me that he is the best choice for president! We’ve been stuck a two-party system for so long, and we both stand against it! We know the American People stand against it as well! No longer will we be tied down by party lines! I know together we can build a coalition of independents, Democrats, Republicans, Libertarians, Greens and anyone who doesn’t even vote! The message of liberty and freedom appeals to everyone, and together with Governor Johnson, we can win!

Gary Johnson, Governor of New Mexico, Libertarian Party Nominee
I thank this party for your nomination! We have worked long and hard on this campaign for the principles of liberty and freedom! But our fight is not yet over! We have only a few months before this election, but I know we have a chance to shake things up and WIN! We stand for things that everyone believes in! We have things to offer that neither party nominee offers! Our goal is economic freedom, no more endless debt, no more taxing those who work for a living! We need programs that work, and to look at everything as a cost-benefit analysis, instead of the endless lobbying by big corporations! I have the background as Governor of New Mexico, whereas the other candidates have never had to lead an executive branch AND work with a divided congress! We have a chance to lead, a chance to make true change, and make the government follow the will of the people! Let’s take this fight to the White House, let’s take down this endless corruption, this endless attack against freedoms illegal! Let’s work together, and LIVE FREE!

June 23-28:
Rallies, Town Halls and GOTV efforts with Ventura in New Hampshire
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1009 on: June 19, 2014, 04:06:47 PM »
« Edited: June 19, 2014, 10:09:10 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

Vice President Rudy Giuliani Schedule Part 2 - June 23rd - 28th

"Ignore the stronger than usual third party candidates, and you have a clear choice in this election. You have someone who understands the harm that the United States faces in the upcoming years and knows how to deal with those issues, and someone who does not. Terror won't just go away. We have to keep a strong national security for the fate of our country, and anyone who says otherwise is telling you lies. 9/11 changed the conversation on national security, and I have faith that the American people understand that better than what they're being told by the other candidate."

June 23rd:
Town Hall in Bristol, VA with Sen. George Allen and Sen. John Warner
Barnstorming in Blacksburg, VA with Sen. George Allen and Sen. John Warner
Barnstorming in Roanoke, VA with Sen. George Allen and Sen. John Warner
Town Hall in Lynchburg, VA with Sen. George Allen and Sen. John Warner
Barnstorming in Richmond, VA with Sen. George Allen and Sen. John Warner

"I keep getting asked about the whole military flap, and my response is that the criticism isn't serious. They're grasping at straws, looking for anything to jab at me for, but the fact is that the Senator from Delaware's campaign can't compete on the substance. They know we are the ones pushing for education, tougher laws on crime, and all these things that the American people want. This campaign is the one that is uniting Americans, they're the ones that are dividing Americans. It's that simple."

June 24th:
Barnstorming in Charlottesville, VA with Sen. George Allen and Sen. John Warner
Meet and Greet in Fredricksburg, VA with Sen. George Allen and Sen. John Warner
Barnstorming in Alexandria, VA with Sen. George Allen and Sen. John Warner
Barnstorming in Arlington, VA with Sen. George Allen and Sen. John Warner
Fundraising in Arlington, VA with Sen. George Allen and Sen. John Warner

June 25th:
Town Hall in Rocky Mount, NC with Sen. George Allen and Sen. Bill First
Meet and Greet in Elizabeth City, NC with Sen. George Allen and Sen. Bill First
Meet and Greet in Greenville, NC with Sen. George Allen and Sen. Bill First
Barnstorming in Raleigh, NC with Sen. George Allen and Sen. Bill First
Fundraiser in Raleigh, NC with Sen. George Allen and Sen. Bill First

"We have led on a lot of these major issues, and if we haven't, then we've made them more applicable. Our campaign will be focused not just on fighting terror, but expanding our global footprint worldwide. As an advocate of free trade, one of my first actions as President will be to continue the great progress the Bush administration has made to free trade agreements with Latin America. Trading freely with fellow nations only helps our cause of a more democratic and free world, but also increases revenues, and if they buy our products, reduce our trade deficits. There is a growing concern of our trade deficits and I'm someone who thinks more trade will do a lot to fix that."

June 26th:
Speech on Government in Greensboro, NC with Sen. George Allen and Rep. Wayne Gilchrest
Meet and Greet in Asheboro, NC with Sen. George Allen and Rep. Wayne Gilchrest
Barnstorming in Charlotte, NC with Sen. George Allen and Rep. Wayne Gilchrest
Town Hall in Monroe, NC with Sen. George Allen and Rep. Wayne Gilchrest
Meet and Greet in Laurinburg, NC with Sen. George Allen and Rep. Wayne Gilchrest

"I'm for small government, but I'm not necessarily anti-Government. I know we have a candidate like that running, and their convention is going on, but that's not my philosophy. My philosophy is getting government more and more out of our lives, and making government more efficient at what it is supposed to do. Reducing taxes, reducing unnecessary government regulations, and reforming education is going to put individuals on a better footing."

June 27th:
Vice Presidential Duties

June 28th:
Barnstorming in Philadelphia, PA with Fmr. Pres. Gerald Ford and Sen. Rick Santorum
Town Hall in Norristown, PA with Fmr. Pres. Gerald Ford and Sen. Rick Santorum
Meet and Greet in Reading, PA with Fmr. Pres. Gerald Ford and Sen. Rick Santorum
Town Hall in Bethleham, PA with Fmr. Pres. Gerald Ford and Sen. Rick Santorum
Barnstorming in Scranton, PA with Fmr. Pres. Gerald Ford and Sen. Rick Santorum

"The reason why the burden on manufacturers remains so high, it's not because there is not enough leeway for unions. It's because we aren't able to compete worldwide. What's often talked about is wages, the wages in other places is lower. We shouldn't stoop to their wages, and because of increases in productivity, we should increase, not decrease, wages. So we have to look at other factors - our engineers aren't competeing in the world because we don't have enough of them. Bringing forward more spending on math and sciences should boost our abilities there. Then there's tax and regulatory burdens. Unsurprisingly, Democrats would like to stay on the conversation of wages, and force other countries to be with us. The problem with that is, where do those products come from? Other nations. Where do our products go? Other nations! We need a balanced solution that doesn't harm us and doesn't harm nations that are allied with us, and that's why my plan reduces corporate taxes and keeps companies here, and lowers regulations so that we can get through more and hire more more people. It's very simple and yet, I don't think the opposition even understands the world economy. "
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1010 on: June 19, 2014, 08:20:08 PM »

"Did anyone hear Wesley Clark about a month ago? Oh boy, that was fun. 'everybody plagiarizes' The fact that they're saying that this plagiarism stuff is overblown makes me laugh. Stealing someone elses words or ideas is not, or if it is, it should not, be something people do at all. I'm surprised the best defense the campaign had for Senator Biden's plagiarism was, well, plagiarism ain't so bad!"

OOC: I just want to make it clear NYE deleted this at my request, so this attack on Biden is either going to make Giuliani look like he's just making things up and putting words into Clark's mouth...or you can replace this before the round closes lol
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1011 on: June 19, 2014, 09:30:26 PM »

Excerpts from New England for Biden! (June 23-28)

QUESTION: What would you do about the cost of healthcare?

ANSWER: Make sure your money is spent responsibly. My 'Healthy Nation' platform will require that your healthcare provider spend 80% of your money only on medical care you receive. We hear this a lot, healthcare providers say they need a lot of money for overhead costs to service all of their customers. But Medicare services millions of seniors, and...guess what percentage they spend? Six. That's right, six percent. So we think it's reasonable to mandate 20% in the private sector. If your provider overbills you, they have to send you a refund check every six months.

Now, prices themselves, is tricky. I've talked a lot already this campaign about how so many are sensitive to change in their healthcare; it's part of the deal. If we want to see prices dramatically drop, we're going to need more people signing up; healthy people who only get sick every now and then. When your provider only has customers who are very sick, their prices have to skyrocket to stay in business. Healthy customers keep prices stable, but for healthy people the question is: why should I sign up? What does it get me? Well, I say it gives you a few things: less taxes, because we'll see uninsured ER patients decrease. Peace of mind, because you're ready when the unexpected happens. And for the millions of Americans who would love to achieve the American Dream and start their own business, we will make it easier to have health care that is not tied to your employer.

QUESTION: Can you say what your views on freedom of religion are, and do you believe in God?

ANSWER: The first amendment, that's what you're referring to? Yes. The first amendment, says that congress shall make no laws respecting an establishment of religion, or the free practice thereof. Y'know, some people...they want to think this is up for debate. It's not. The first amendment is cut and dry for me, the government has absolutely no business getting involved in somebody's faith. That means no business keeping someone from practicing that faith, no business profiling individuals for being Catholic or Baptist or Sikh. But in my mind, as people, as neighbors, as Americans, we do have an unspoken responsibility to respect each others' faith. I don't stand for the atheist who belittles the christian, nor can I stand for the christian that denounces the atheist.

You also asked if I believe in God. Of course.

Excerpt from Excerpt from Rally, Town Hall, etc.

I remember, as all Americans do, the outpouring of community love and support in the wake of the tragic 9/11 attacks. And I remember that it showed to us America's charitable heart. As President I will direct the IRS to simplify the tax-exempt procedures required of charities, so that they can spend more time focusing on the people that matter: those in need. And we should support all charities, while expecting charities to support all Americans.

And in too many parts of our beloved country poverty is too pervasive and too widespread. We will work to enact a payroll tax holiday for low and middle-income earners for the months of January, June, July, August, & December. We will work to support business so that workers can be provided with day care services and more flexible options for working parents. And we will not rest until urban renewal allows people to reliably, safely, and without fear of scheduling problems, commute to work via public transportation.

My campaign itself is showing my willingness to work for working parents; we recently announced the creation of Town Halls for Parents, a series of town halls that we are holding for parents who need to be with their children after school and work but want to be able to hear from this campaign firsthand. I am pleased to announce today that the first will be held in Huntsville, Alabama. Other communities that are already confirmed to host a Town Hall for Parents: Scranton PA, Indianapolis IN, Durham NC, Dallas TX, Phoenix AZ, & Madison WI.

And my administration will raise the minimum wage, because if you ask me, hard work deserves a fair wage. We will work to enact measured to ensure a level playing field in the workplace, so that everybody is treated and paid fairly. Your worth at work will not be based on subjective values such as gender or race but on your merits, on how hard you'll work, not on who you are. That's the Biden economic plan for working families, and the promise we make to each other to move this country forward.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1012 on: June 19, 2014, 10:10:27 PM »

"Did anyone hear Wesley Clark about a month ago? Oh boy, that was fun. 'everybody plagiarizes' The fact that they're saying that this plagiarism stuff is overblown makes me laugh. Stealing someone elses words or ideas is not, or if it is, it should not, be something people do at all. I'm surprised the best defense the campaign had for Senator Biden's plagiarism was, well, plagiarism ain't so bad!"

OOC: I just want to make it clear NYE deleted this at my request, so this attack on Biden is either going to make Giuliani look like he's just making things up and putting words into Clark's mouth...or you can replace this before the round closes lol

I replaced it.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1013 on: June 19, 2014, 10:17:28 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates, May 26th-31st and June 23rd-28th, 2004

Gov. George Pataki
Barnstorming in New York

Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Fundraising in New York

Sen. John McCain
Barnstorming in Colorado

Gov. Angus King
Barnstorming in Connecticut

Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan
Barnstorming in Oregon

Sen. George Voinovich
Barnstorming in Ohio

Mr. Sheldon Adelson
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former President Jerry Ford
Barnstorming in Pennsylvania

Gov. Terry Branstad
Barnstorming in Iowa

Sen. Kit Bond
Barnstorming in Missouri

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt
Barnstorming in Missouri

Mr. John Elway
Barnstorming in Minnesota

Sen. Norm Coleman

Governor Pete Wilson
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former Vice President Dan Quayle
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former Sen. Howard Baker
Barnstorming in Ohio

Sen. Lamar Alexander
Barnstorming in North Carolina

House Speaker Dennis Hastert
Barnstorming in Illinois

Former Sen. Fred Thompson
Barnstorming in West Virginia

Former Sen. Larry Pressler
Barnstorming in Wisconsin

Gov. John Hoeven

Gov. Mike Rounds
Barnstorming in Iowa

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
Barnstorming in Nevada

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jack Kemp
Barnstorming in Florida

Former Sen. Bob Dole
Barnstorming in Florida

General Norman Schwarzkopf
Barnstorming in New Hampshire

International Association of Fire Fighters
Voter Registration Rallies in Virginia

Sen. Connie Mack III
Barnstorming in Florida

Dick Cheney
Fundraising in California

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison
Barnstorming in Nevada

Gov. Linda Lingle
Barnstorming in Hawaii

Gov. Kenny Guinn
Barnstorming in Nevada

Mary Matalin
Campaign Duties

Sen. Larry Craig
Barnstorming in Colorado

Gov. Bill Owens
Barnstorming in Colorado

Ambassador Paul Cellucci

Fmr. Gov.John H. Sununu

Sen. John Ensign
Barnstorming in Nevada

Rep. Tom Petri

Sen. Mike DeWine
Barnstorming in Ohio

Gov. Donald Carcieri

Former President George H.W. Bush
Barnstorming in New York

Gov. Tim Pawlenty

Fmr. Sen. Rod Grams

Rep. Wayne Gilchrest
Barnstorming in Virginia

Gov. Bob Taft
Barnstorming in Ohio

Gov. Bob Ehrlich
Barnstorming in New York

Sen. Bill Frist

Sen. George Allen

Gov. Olene Walker
Barnstorming in New Mexico

Chamber of Commerce
Voter Registration Rallies in Iowa and Ohio

Ed Gillespie
Campaign Organization

Gov. Rick Perry

Sen. Mitch McConnell

Sen. Lindsey Graham

Sen. Trent Lott

Sen. Sam Brownback

Sen. Rick Santorum
Barnstorming in Ohio

Fmr. Gov. Frank Keating
Barnstorming in Colorado

Fmr. Sen. John F. Seymour
Barnstorming in Nevada

Fmr. Sen. Edward Brooke
Barnstorming in New York

Fmr. Speaker Newt Gingrich
Barnstorming in Florida

California Assembly Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy
Barnstorming in Arizona

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay
Barnstorming in Florida

West Virginia Secretary of State Joe Manchin

Rep. Shelly Moore Capito

Rep. Roger Wicker
Barnstorming in Florida

Rep. Eric Cantor

Rep. Mark Kirk
Barnstorming in Michigan

Sen. John Warner
Barnstorming in Virginia
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1014 on: June 19, 2014, 10:32:07 PM »

Biden Surrogates

Governor Mario Cuomo
Barnstorm in New York

Senator Mark Warner
Barnstorm in Virginia

Senator Arlen Specter
Barnstorm in Pennsylvania

Senator Olympia Snowe
Barnstorming in Maine

Senator Jay Rockefeller

Senator Maria Cantwell
Barnstorming Nevada

Sen. Max Clealand
Barnstorming in Ohio

Sen. Max Baucus
Barnstorming in Montana

Sen. Mark Dayton

Sen. Daniel Inoyue
Barnstorming in Hawaii

Gov. Jerry Brown
Barnstorming in Nevada

Rep. Ben Chandler
Barnstorming in Kentucky

Sen. Herb Kohl

Sen. Ted Kennedy
Barnstorming in New York

Rep. Tammy Baldwin

Rep. Betty McCollum

Rep. Martin Olav Sabo

Rep. Henry Waxman
Barnstorming in Nevada

Sen. Jack Reed

Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy

Rep. Jim Langevin

Rep. Richard Neal

Rep. Ted Strickland
Barnstorming in OH-6

Sen. Paul Sarbanes

Gov. Ann Richards
Barnstorming in Texas

Rep. Lloyd Doggett
Barnstorming in Texas

Rep. Gene Taylor
Barnstorming in Mississippi

Rep. Bennie Thompson
Barnstorming in Mississippi

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee
Barnstorming in Texas

Carol Moseley Braun, former Senator from Illinois
Barnstorming in Illinois

Rep. Bobby Rush
Barnstorming in Virginia

Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Barnstorming in Iowa

Rep. Luis Gutierrez
Barnstorming in Arizona

Rep. Rahm Emanuel
Barnstorming in Illinois

Gov. Tony Knowles
Barnstorming in Alaska

Attorney General/Senate candidate Ken Salazar
Barnstorming in Colorado

Mayor John Hickenlooper
Barnstorming in Colorado

Rep. Mark Udall
Barnstorming in Colorado

Rep. Diana DeGette
Barnstorming in Colorado

Judy Shepard
Barnstorming in Wyoming

Gov. Ed Rendell
Barnstorming in Pennsylvania

Rep. Joe Hoeffel
Barnstorming in PA-13

State Sen. Allyson Schwartz
Barnstorming in PA-13

Rep. Donna Christian-Christensen
Barnstorming in U.S. Virgin Islands

Rep. Mel Watts
Barnstorming in NC-12

Gov. Mike Easley

Sen. John Edwards

Sen. Hillary Clinton
Barnstorming in New York

Pres. Bill Clinton
Recovering from surgery

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius
Barnstorming in Kansas

Sen. Evan Bayh
Barnstorming in Indiana

Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick
Barnstorming in Detroit

Rep. Barbara Lee
Barnstorming in New York

Jesse Jackson
Barnstorming in New York

Rev. Al Sharpton
Barnstorming in Florida

Gov. Kathleen Blanco
Barnstorming in Louisiana

Gov. Phil Bredensen
Barnstorming in Tennessee

Rep. Harold Ford, Jr.
Barnstorming in TN-5

Gov. Janet Napolitano
Barnstorming in Arizona

Rep. Bud Cramer
Barnstorming in Alabama
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1015 on: June 19, 2014, 10:47:20 PM »

Excerpt from Speech to Veterans in New York

So yesterday, yes, after over a month of refusing to answer to veterans and the men and women in our armed forces, Rudy Giuliani finally acknowledged that he was not considering military service in his Vice Presidential choice. (Boos) Yeah, exactly! And here's what he said: 'it's not serious.' So he thinks your service, the thousands serving overseas right now, he thinks they aren't serious. He doesn't think their experiences are serious. I am still appalled. This is coming from a man asking America to vote him as commander-in-chief? No thanks! Pass!

We need a leader in this country. President Bush has already turned in his final report card. And the man he nominated as his second-in-command doesn't take the US Military serious! What a load of malarkey, to say 'I gotta be President, I'm entitled to be commander-in-chief, but you're not serious.' And then to go on and say 'I'm the one uniting the country.' (laughter) Ha! That's how I reacted, too!

If I'm the commander-in-chief I'll respect those who wear the uniform. I won't ignore the men or women standing at salute when I exit Marine One. I've been talking - they may not have covered it here in New England, we announced part of our campaign's priorities for veterans last month. We're promising to make sure your fellow veterans' service guarantees health care upon reentry. We're going to stop shortchanging those currently working in the military. An expansion of VA hospitals and easy-to-apply-for tax credit if you choose to go to a private facility instead. It was a personal heroine of mine, a woman from right here in New York, who represented Brooklyn for years in Congress. Shirley Chisholm was her name. Boy could she make a speech sound good. She said, 'service is the price we pay for our time on earth.' And I say that much more time on earth is the price America is proud to pay for the selfless service of our men and women in uniform. Thank you, everybody, God Bless you. Have a good night! (applause)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1016 on: June 19, 2014, 10:50:36 PM »

Advetrisements

I will be re-running the last ads we put out in the next two months.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1017 on: June 19, 2014, 11:04:11 PM »

I will have a post up by tomorrow AM EST
Computer troubles!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1018 on: June 20, 2014, 08:51:54 AM »
« Edited: June 20, 2014, 10:05:31 PM by NHI »

Round XXIII: July 23-29, 2004
The Democratic National Convention

The Third Party Tickets have nominated their candidates, and both Gary Johnson (Libertarian) and Dennis Kucinich (Green) prepare for the general election. Kucinich announced Vermont Congressman Bernie Sanders as his running mate, a move which many believe will put the state of Vermont into the tossup category. Both candidates' convention received high profile attentions, unlike past years, and now the push is on for both Johnson and Kucinich to participate n the debates.

The highlights of the Libertarian Convention included speeches from Former Massachusetts Governor William Weld, Barry Goldwater, Jr., Clint Eastwood and Ross Perot. All enthusiastically backed the Johnson/Ventura ticket, giving their campaign a needed boost heading out of the convention.

On the Green Party side, the biggest came from Former Vice President and 2000 Democratic Nominee Al Gore, who praised Kuncinch and even poked fun at his own attendance at the convention, but clarified by saying, "That's why I'm here: because I see Congressman Kucinich as the one candidate who sticks out as a visionary and someone who can tackle some of this country's biggest problems in innovative ways."

Both candidates in their acceptance speeches called out the major two parties and presented their visions for the country. Johnson as a champion of freedom and liberty for all Americans and Kucinich as a true progressive, wanting to move America forward. In terms of ballot access the Johnson/Ventura Ticket is on the ballot in 49 States+DC (Minus OK/Write-in NH) and the Kucinich/Sanders Ticket is on the ballot in 30 States +DC.

In the race between Vice President Rudy Giuliani and Senator Joe Biden is truly heating up. Giuliani seems to be running a campaign focused on national security and continued stability, while Biden is running on pocketbook issues and appealing to the average Americans, namely the once fought after Reagan Democrats. Polls have continually showed a one to two point lead for Giuliani, even with the inclusion of the Libertarian and Green Party Tickets. The Democrats now meet for their convention in Boston

General Election Polling: Pre-Libertarian and Green Convention
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 46%
(D) Joe Biden: 44%
(L) Gary Johnson: 4%
(G) Dennis Kucinich: 2%

Post Conventions Polling: June 2004
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 43%
(D) Joe Biden: 41%
(L) Gary Johnson: 7%
(G) Dennis Kucinich: 5%

POLLS SHOW GIULIANI & BIDEN TIED AHEAD OF DNC  THIRD PARTIES COMING ON STRONG

Gallup Tracking Poll: July 2004
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 41%
(D) Joe Biden: 41%
(L) Gary Johnson: 8%
Dennis Kucinich: 6.5%

Gallup Tracking Poll: Two-Way Race (July 2004)
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 48%
(D) Joe Biden: 48%

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 207
(D) Joe Biden: 183
Tossup: 148

(This Round will Close on June 22nd at 11:59 PM EST)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1019 on: June 20, 2014, 03:21:47 PM »

OOC: I'm back, guys. Thanks for filling in for me IDS Legislator Maxwell.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1020 on: June 20, 2014, 04:44:03 PM »

OOC: NHI, can you clarify which dates are the actual DNC? IRL it was July 26-29.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1021 on: June 20, 2014, 06:10:37 PM »

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign

After a very thorough search process and numerous months of vetting, Vice President Giuliani has selected his running mate. The choice will be announced at a Press Conference on July 23rd, 2004. The Vice President and the Vice Presidential nominee will then travel across numerous states on a bus tour, culminating in a large rally in Norfolk, Virginia.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1022 on: June 20, 2014, 10:05:59 PM »

OOC: NHI, can you clarify which dates are the actual DNC? IRL it was July 26-29.

Yes: Convention dates ate July 26-29, I've amended the error in the post.
I've added three extra days for campaigning.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1023 on: June 21, 2014, 07:25:25 AM »
« Edited: June 21, 2014, 12:51:13 PM by dkrolga »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for July 23rd-29th, 2004

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: Presidents Gerald Ford and George H.W. Bush
Campaign Director: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Theodore Olson
Chief Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster:Mike DuHaime

July 23rd, 2004; Texas
-- Press Conference at the State Capitol in Austin, TX with Sen. Hutchison
-- Appearance on “Face the Nation” with Sen. Hutchison
-- Barnstorm in Austin, TX with Sen. Hutchison, Gov. Perry, and Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Lakeway, TX with Sen. Hutchison, Gov. Perry, and Sen. McCain
-- Drive to Arkansas

Texas is a great state. It is the perfect example of how Republicans can lead a state to prosperity. Governor Perry has done a great job since taking over in 2000. But the Lone Star State has had a great women representing it since 1993. Kay Hutchison has stood up for the rights of individuals from big government. She has stood up for our troops are every opportunity. She has the experience in domestic policy where I may be a bit lacking. She will be a great compliment to the Giuliani White House. That is why Kay Bailey Hutchison will be my running mate in November!

July 24th, 2004: Arkansas
-- Townhall in Jacksonville, AR with Sen. Hutchison
-- Barnstorm in Jacksonville, AR with Sen. Hutchison, Sen. Allen, and Gov. Huckabee
-- Barnstorm in Little Rock, AR with Sen. Hutchison, Sen. Allen, and Gov. Huckabee
-- Barnstorm in Sherwood, AR with Sen. Hutchison, Sen. Allen, and Gov. Huckabee
-- Drive to North Carolina

July 25th, 2004: North Carolina
-- Barnstorm in Durham, NC with Sen. Hutchison, Sen. Allen, and HMW Blunt
-- Interview with ABC’s Charles Gibson in Durham, NC
-- Barnstorm in Chapel Hill, NC with Sen. Hutchison, Sen. Allen, and HMW Blunt
-- Barnstorm in Raleigh, NC with Sen. Hutchison, Sen. Allen, and HMW Blunt
-- Drive to Virginia

July 26th, 2004: Virginia
-- Tour USS Wisconsin in Norfolk, VA with Sen. Hutchison, Sen. Allen, and Sen. Warner
-- Barnstorm in Norfolk, VA with Sen. Hutchison, Sen. Allen, and Sen. Warner
-- Townhall in Norfolk, VA with Sen. Hutchison, Sen. Allen, and Sen. Warner
-- Rally in Norfolk, VA with Sen. Hutchison, Sen. Allen, and Sen. Warner
-- Fly to New York

July 27th, 2004: New York
-- Barnstorm in Brooklyn, NY with Mayor Bloomberg, Gov. Pataki, and Amb. Cellucci
-- Barnstorm in Manhattan, NY with Mayor Bloomberg, Gov. Pataki, and Amb. Cellucci
-- Barnstorm in Queens, NY with Mayor Bloomberg, Gov. Pataki, and Amb. Cellucci

July 28th, 2004: New York
-- Barnstorm in Buffalo, NY with Mayor Bloomberg, Gov. Pataki, and Gov. Romney
-- Barnstorm in Rochester, NY with Mayor Bloomberg, Gov. Pataki, and Gov. Romney
-- Townhall in Brighton, NY with Mayor Bloomberg, Gov. Pataki, and Gov. Romney
-- Fundraiser in Lockport, NY with Mayor Bloomberg, Gov. Pataki, and Gov. Romney
-- Drive to New Hampshire

July 29th, 2004: New Hapshire
-- Rest
-- Fundraiser in Manchester, NH with Gov. Romney, Gov. Sununu, and Gov. Bensen
-- Watch DNC with senior campaign staff in Manchester, NH

OOC: IDS Legislator Maxwell has agreed to play as KBH from this point on.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1024 on: June 21, 2014, 10:00:35 AM »

BREAKING NEWS:

RUDY GIULIANI NAMES KAY Bailey HUTCHISON AS VP
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies