2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:13:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154450 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1025 on: June 21, 2014, 10:14:25 AM »

Hutchison Acceptance Speech Exerpt

"Thank you to the next President of the United States Rudy Giuliani, a man who, I believe, has a proven track record of success in the largest city in the country, a strong history of knowing the law, and someone who can bridge together all kinds of people in this country. The Democrats have put together a divisive campaign, and while it may rile up their base, it won't win over the vast majority of the American people! *applause* In Texas, we have been seeing large growth, and a model of success for the rest of the nation can be found in the state, and I believe the expertise Giuliani and myself bring to the table will put this country back on top!"

"On foreign policy, the most crucial issue of this election, the decision is between Joe Biden, someone who flipped and he flopped the issues, and whose record is so notable that one Senator said - to vote the right way on foreign policy, just vote opposite of Biden. And Vice President Rudy Giuliani, who won't treat Iraq and Afghanistan as political issues but issues that must be dealt with responsibly and apolitically as commander and chief. The best non-Reagan President of the last five decades, for my money, was Dwight Eisenhower, a man who had no  previous political experience before being elected with two large mandates. Giuliani, in the Eisenhower mold, won't play politics with American lives!"
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1026 on: June 21, 2014, 11:46:56 AM »

New Biden Endorsements

Patrick Leahy, Senator from Vermont

Douglas Wilder, former Governor from Virginia

Tom Harkin, Senator from Iowa

Dave Freudenthal, Governor from Wyoming

Joe Kernan, Governor from Indiana

Walter Mondale, former Vice President of the United States
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1027 on: June 21, 2014, 12:48:07 PM »

Statement from Biden for America

In between swindling the people of Arkansas on July 24, we would like to invite Rudy Giuliani to take a break from his pro-corporation campaign and join us in Ft. Smith or Little Rock to come meet the next Vice President of the United States.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1028 on: June 21, 2014, 12:49:17 PM »

MEDIA ADVISORY: Senator Biden will be joined by 4-Star General Wesley Clark and former President Bill Clinton at a rally in Ft. Smith on July 24, 2004. The entourage, as well as a special guest, will then travel to Little Rock before embarking on a campaign swing that will take them to the Democratic National Convention in Boston, MA which begins on July 26. Be prepared to cut to the Senator's rally in either Ft. Smith or Little Rock on July 24. Press Secretary Stephanie Cutter will be reaching out to your news directors that morning with more information.

MEMO: All Field Directors, Regional Field Directors, Regional Press Secs & Comms Directors, begin work immediately on getting large turnout at these events.

ATTACHED IS THE ROAD TO BOSTON TOUR SCHEDULE, FOR JULY 24 AND 25TH.

July 24, 2004
10:00am - Press Conference/Rally in Ft. Smith. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & ?? ?? ?? ?? AR
12:15pm - Rally in Little Rock. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & ?? ?? ?? ?? AR
4:45pm - Rally in Memphis. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & ?? ?? ?? ?? TN
7:30pm - Rally in Louisville. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & ?? ?? ?? ?? KY

July 25, 2004
10:30am - Rally in Indianapolis. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & ?? ?? ?? ?? IN
2:45pm - Rally in Columbus. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & ?? ?? ?? ?? OH
5:30pm - Rally in Philadelphia. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & ?? ?? ?? ?? PA
8:00pm - Rally in Times Square, New York City. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & ?? ?? ?? ?? NY
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1029 on: June 21, 2014, 12:56:39 PM »

Statement from the Office of Vice President Giuliani
- From Dana Perrino, Special Assistant and Press Secretary to the Vice President

Although Vice President Giuliani disagrees with the wording of Senator Biden's request, he has decided that he will attend an event with Senator Biden in Arkansas on July 24th, where Senator Biden will announce his running mate. The Vice President's running mate, Senator Kay Hutchison, will also be attending as part of Vice President Giuliani's party.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1030 on: June 21, 2014, 01:36:22 PM »

Biden Campaign Schedule Pre-DNC (July 23-25)

July 23, 2004 Wyoming, Iowa, Minnesota, & Wisconsin
-9:30am - Press Conference in Cheyenne, w/ Gov. Fruedenthal Gov. Dave Fruedenthal endorses Senator Biden for President WY
-10:45am-1:00pm - Fly to Des Moines
-1:20pm - Rally in Des Moines, w/ Sen. Harkin Sen. Tom Harkin endorses Senator Biden for President IA
-2:45-3:45pm - Fly to Rochester
-4:00pm - Rally in Rochester, w/ Frmr. Vice Pres. Mondale Frmr. Vice Pres. Walter Mondale endorses Senator Biden for President MN
-5:20-6:45pm - Fly to Madison
-7:30pm - Rally in Madison, w/ Gov. Doyle, Sen. Kohl, & Rep. Baldwin

(Local affiliates invited to every stop)

July 24, 2004 Arkansas, Tennessee, & Kentucky
-10:00am - Press Conference/Rally in Ft. Smith. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln Sen. Blanche Lincoln announced as Vice Presidential candidate AR
-12:15pm - Rally in Little Rock. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln Sen. Blanche Lincoln announced as Vice Presidential candidate AR
-4:45pm - Rally in Nashville. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln TN
-7:30pm - Rally in Louisville. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln KY

FOR MEDIA: Attached is a photograph that campaign photographer Odabie Jones took of Sen. Blanche Lincoln this morning before the press conference and rally in Ft. Smith.

July 25, 2004 Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, & New York
-10:30am - Rally in Indianapolis. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, Gov. Kernan, & Sen. Lincoln Gov. Joe Kernan endorses Senator Biden for President IN
-2:45pm - Rally in Columbus. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln OH
-5:30pm - Rally in Philadelphia. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln PA
-8:00pm - Rally in Times Square, New York City. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln NY

Excerpt from Ft. Smith Press Conference

REPORTER: Senator Biden, Vice President Giuliani named Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison as his running mate just yesterday. Aren't you copying the Giuliani campaign by selecting Senator Lincoln as your running mate?

BIDEN: Are you serious with this question? Look, buddy, honestly, I didn't look at this decision that way, because I don't think of women as objects or tools or special trading cards. That's what you're implying, like it or not, and I will not stand for that kind of misogyny. Senator Lincoln is a fierce fighter for the people of Arkansas, and like me has a proven record of standing up to the powerful establishment in the service of our constituents. While Giuliani is running the campaign of corporate America, we'll be hard at work, talking to the people of America. We'll be talking to them about good jobs and good schools, breaking up the big banks and ensuring that those who invest in American business are not swindled by the likes of the folks at ENRON. Rudy Giuliani has a proven record of supporting companies like ENRON.

REPORTER: Senator Lincoln didn't even appear on your shortlist, what do you say to that?

BIDEN: President Clinton here, why don't you wave at 'em? (laughter, Clinton waves at the cameras) Well I was meeting with President Clinton and his wife back in May, wishing him a speedy recovery from his surgery, and the subject of the ticket came up. President Clinton asked that we take a look at Senator Lincoln, so I immediately called up Ted, our search committee chair, and told him to start the vetting. Listen, folks, when Bill Clinton makes a suggestion, you don't just write it off. Because when I sat down with Senator Lincoln, I knew. I knew she was a fighter like me and I knew she would be the right choice to take our country forward. And, I knew it was right not to write her off.

And everyone here, and across this country, the pundits ready to slice and dice our great nation into demographics and wedge groups and focus tests, they'd better be prepared. We're coming for you. We won't stand for divisions of old and the politics of the Bush era. We won't stand for the power of Wall Street when it bankrupts Main Street.

REPORTER: Ft. Smith is not even the largest city in Arkansas, why did you choose to make the announcement here?

BIDEN: We've made it clear over these past few months that we stand with the American people in their day to day lives: we will raise the minimum wage and create good-paying jobs and make college affordable, lower tuition and increase access to affordable healthcare. But national security, keeping our homes and families safe from harm and from terrorists, is going to be of paramount importance to my administration and in this campaign. We have to make the tough decisions because we are the greatest nation on earth, and Senator Lincoln and I are here at Ft Smith to do just that.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1031 on: June 21, 2014, 01:39:58 PM »

Biden Campaign Schedule Pre-DNC (July 23-25)

July 23, 2004 Wyoming, Iowa, Minnesota, & Wisconsin
-9:30am - Press Conference in Cheyenne, w/ Gov. Fruedenthal Gov. Dave Fruedenthal endorses Senator Biden for President WY
-10:45am-1:00pm - Fly to Des Moines
-1:20pm - Rally in Des Moines, w/ Sen. Harkin Sen. Tom Harkin endorses Senator Biden for President IA
-2:45-3:45pm - Fly to Rochester
-4:00pm - Rally in Rochester, w/ Frmr. Vice Pres. Mondale Frmr. Vice Pres. Walter Mondale endorses Senator Biden for President MN
-5:20-6:45pm - Fly to Madison
-7:30pm - Rally in Madison, w/ Gov. Doyle, Sen. Kohl, & Rep. Baldwin

July 24, 2004 Arkansas, Tennessee, & Kentucky
-10:00am - Press Conference/Rally in Ft. Smith. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln Sen. Blanche Lincoln announced as Vice Presidential candidate AR
-12:15pm - Rally in Little Rock. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln Sen. Blanche Lincoln announced as Vice Presidential candidate AR
-4:45pm - Rally in Nashville. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln TN
-7:30pm - Rally in Louisville. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln KY

FOR MEDIA: Attached is a photograph that campaign photographer Odabie Jones took of Sen. Blanche Lincoln this morning before the press conference and rally in Ft. Smith.

July 25, 2004 Indiana, Ohio, Pennsylvania, & New York
-10:30am - Rally in Indianapolis. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, Gov. Kernan, & Sen. Lincoln Gov. Joe Kernan endorses Senator Biden for President IN
-2:45pm - Rally in Columbus. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln OH
-5:30pm - Rally in Philadelphia. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln PA
-8:00pm - Rally in Times Square, New York City. With Pres. Clinton, Gen. Clark, & Sen. Lincoln NY

Excerpt from Ft. Smith Press Conference

REPORTER: Senator Biden, Vice President Giuliani named Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison as his running mate just yesterday. Aren't you copying the Giuliani campaign by selecting Senator Lincoln as your running mate?

BIDEN: Are you serious with this question? Look, buddy, honestly, I didn't look at this decision that way, because I don't think of women as objects or tools or special trading cards. That's what you're implying, like it or not, and I will not stand for that kind of misogyny. Senator Lincoln is a fierce fighter for the people of Arkansas, and like me has a proven record of standing up to the powerful establishment in the service of our constituents. While Giuliani is running the campaign of corporate America, we'll be hard at work, talking to the people of America. We'll be talking to them about good jobs and good schools, breaking up the big banks and ensuring that those who invest in American business are not swindled by the likes of the folks at ENRON. Rudy Giuliani has a proven record of supporting companies like ENRON.

REPORTER: Senator Lincoln didn't even appear on your shortlist, what do you say to that?

BIDEN: President Clinton here, why don't you wave at 'em? (laughter, Clinton waves at the cameras) Well I was meeting with President Clinton and his wife back in May, wishing him a speedy recovery from his surgery, and the subject of the ticket came up. President Clinton asked that we take a look at Senator Lincoln, so I immediately called up Ted, our search committee chair, and told him to start the vetting. Listen, folks, when Bill Clinton makes a suggestion, you don't just write it off. Because when I sat down with Senator Lincoln, I knew. I knew she was a fighter like me and I knew she would be the right choice to take our country forward. And, I knew it was right not to write her off.

And everyone here, and across this country, the pundits ready to slice and dice our great nation into demographics and wedge groups and focus tests, they'd better be prepared. We're coming for you. We won't stand for divisions of old and the politics of the Bush era. We won't stand for the power of Wall Street when it bankrupts Main Street.

REPORTER: Ft. Smith is not even the largest city in Arkansas, why did you choose to make the announcement here?

BIDEN: We've made it clear over these past few months that we stand with the American people in their day to day lives: we will raise the minimum wage and create good-paying jobs and make college affordable, lower tuition and increase access to affordable healthcare. But national security, keeping our homes and families safe from harm and from terrorists, is going to be of paramount importance to my administration and in this campaign. We have to make the tough decisions because we are the greatest nation on earth, and Senator Lincoln and I are here at Ft Smith to do just that.
OOC; What a copycat (I'm kidding of course, but this is two election games in a row we've had Blanche Lincoln as the Democrats VP nominee...)
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1032 on: June 21, 2014, 01:53:34 PM »

OOC: Really, I had no idea. Which game was that?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #1033 on: June 21, 2014, 01:54:54 PM »

Interview with Gary Johnson:

Reporter: Governor Johnson, now that both Vice-President Giuliani and Senator Biden have both chosen vice-presidential nominees, what are your opinions on both the nominees and the ticket as a whole?

Johnson: Well, you can probably guess my reaction, I see both of these choices as more of the same! Senator Lincoln is not even popular in her home state, and Senator Hutchinson is just another Washington insider. Both these tickets represent more of the same! One of my biggest issues is that none of them have any military experience! That was one of my biggest factors in choosing Governor Ventura, not only does he have successful gubernatorial record, but also has military experience! Ultimately, I believe that both these choices lose credibility.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1034 on: June 21, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »

REPORTER: Senator Lincoln, this is big news for you. How do you feel?

"I feel great. All across Arkansas and the entire country there has been a movement brewing. A movement for Change. My record speaks for itself. I don't go with the establishment. I wasn't elected to go along and get along. My mission is to fight for those without a voice and to give them a role in our democracy. For far too long the special interests and people at the top have been getting the breaks all at the expense of working families. No more. With Joe Biden leading the charge, we'll make sure everybody gets a fair shot and a chance at living the American Dream."

REPORTER: Your running mate has said that the Iraq war was a mistake, where do you stand? Have you changed your position because of your addition to the ticket?

"No, I haven't changed my position because of my addition to the ticket. President Bush provided the people with intelligence reports stating that Saddam Hussein possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction. We know now that there are none. My positivism has changed because I've seen that the Administration was wrong to go invading another sovereign nation."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1035 on: June 21, 2014, 02:05:07 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:
SENATOR BLANCHE LINCOLN NAMED AS BIDEN'S RUNNING MATE.

HISTORIC TICKETS FOR THE GOP/DEM VP SPOTS
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1036 on: June 21, 2014, 02:47:26 PM »

OOC: Really, I had no idea. Which game was that?
https://uselectionatlas.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=178682.0
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1037 on: June 21, 2014, 02:51:27 PM »

Forgot about that game. I played as Kerry in the primary.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1038 on: June 21, 2014, 02:55:29 PM »

Democratic National Convention (July 26-29)
in Boston, MA

July 26, 2004
Night #1, unity under the stars and stripes

Sen. John Edwards

Sens. Specter & Snowe

"We're here, because this is an election too important for the cynical politics of the last four years. Senator Specter and I have crossed party lines and are endorsing Senator Joe Biden for President. It is too important to get the right leader in the White House to toe the party line. We soundly reject the idea of red states or blue states, liberal or conservative and unable to get along."

"The fact that Olympia and I are here, speaking in support of Senator Biden, says the importance of national unity in the face of terrorists abroad that would tear at the fabric of society here at home. Vice President Giuliani, he's never met a political position he didn't have to poll-test first. But Senator Biden has been a leader for decades in the Senate. We have both worked with him and will be strong allies for the administration to ensure bipartisan support on any number of the Biden platform proposals."

Dr. Jill Biden

State Sen. Barack Obama

"My father was a foreign student, born and raised in a small village in Kenya. He grew up herding goats, went to school in a tin- roof shack. His father, my grandfather, was a cook, a domestic servant to the British.

But my grandfather had larger dreams for his son. Through hard work and perseverance my father got a scholarship to study in a magical place, America, that's shown as a beacon of freedom and opportunity to so many who had come before him.

While studying here my father met my mother. She was born in a town on the other side of the world, in Kansas.

Her father worked on oil rigs and farms through most of the Depression. The day after Pearl Harbor, my grandfather signed up for duty, joined Patton's army, marched across Europe. Back home my grandmother raised a baby and went to work on a bomber assembly line. After the war, they studied on the GI Bill, bought a house through FHA and later moved west, all the way to Hawaii, in search of opportunity.

And they too had big dreams for their daughter, a common dream born of two continents.

My parents shared not only an improbable love; they shared an abiding faith in the possibilities of this nation. They would give me an African name, Barack, or "blessed," believing that in a tolerant America, your name is no barrier to success."

"Now even as we speak, there are those who are preparing to divide us, the spin masters and negative ad peddlers who embrace the politics of anything goes.

Well, I say to them tonight, there's not a liberal America and a conservative America; there's the United States of America.

There's not a black America and white America and Latino America and Asian America; there's the United States of America.

The pundits, the pundits like to slice and dice our country into red states and blue States: red states for Republicans, blue States for Democrats. But I've got news for them, too. We worship an awesome God in the blue states, and we don't like federal agents poking around our libraries in the red states.

We coach little league in the blue states and, yes, we've got some gay friends in the red states.

There are patriots who opposed the war in Iraq, and there are patriots who supported the war in Iraq.

We are one people, all of us pledging allegiance to the stars and stripes, all of us defending the United States of America.

In the end, that's what this election is about. Do we participate in a politics of cynicism, or do we participate in a politics of hope?

Joe Biden calls on us to hope. Blanche Lincoln calls on us to hope. I'm not talking about blind optimism here, the almost willful ignorance that thinks unemployment will go away if we just don't think about it, or health care crisis will solve itself if we just ignore it.

That's not what I'm talking. I'm talking about something more substantial. It's the hope of slaves sitting around a fire singing freedom songs; the hope of immigrants setting out for distant shores; the hope of a young naval lieutenant bravely patrolling the Mekong Delta; the hope of a millworker's son who dares to defy the odds; the hope of a skinny kid with a funny name who believes that America has a place for him, too.

Hope in the face of difficulty, hope in the face of uncertainty, the audacity of hope: In the end, that is God's greatest gift to us, the bedrock of this nation, a belief in things not seen, a belief that there are better days ahead.

I believe that we can give our middle class relief and provide working families with a road to opportunity.

I believe we can provide jobs for the jobless, homes to the homeless, and reclaim young people in cities across America from violence and despair.

I believe that we have a righteous wind at our backs, and that as we stand on the crossroads of history, we can make the right choices and meet the challenges that face us.

America, tonight, if you feel the same energy that I do, if you feel the same urgency that I do, if you feel the same passion that I do, if you feel the same hopefulness that I do, if we do what we must do, then I have no doubt that all across the country, from Florida to Oregon, from Washington to Maine, the people will rise up in November, and Joe Biden will be sworn in as president. And Blanche Lincoln will be sworn in as vice president. And this country will reclaim it's promise. And out of this long political darkness a brighter day will come.

Thank you very much, everybody.

God bless you.

Thank you."

FOR PRESS: Here is a photo taken by campaign photographer Odabie Jones, of Senator Biden, his wife Dr. Jill Biden, and daughter Ashley watching Illinois state Sen. Barack Obama deliver tonight's Keynote convention address.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1039 on: June 21, 2014, 02:57:03 PM »

July 27, 2004
Night #2, the platform

Gen. Wesley Clark - National Security
-Protect our nation from terror attacks.
-Reopen the Domestic Terrorism Task Force that President Bush shut down after 9/11.
-End the war in Iraq responsibly.

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius - Agriculture
-Give farmers the freedom to farm.
-Direct the Dept. of Ag. to make subsidy decisions based on facts, not fantasy.
-Protect American farmers in free trade deals.

Mayor John Hickenlooper - Urban Renewal
-Affordable housing.
-Encourage greater investment in public transportation.
-Smart city planning that doesn't leave struggling neighborhoods behind.

Sen. Hillary Clinton - Women's Rights
-Protect & preserve a woman's right to choose.
-Fair Pay in the workplace.
-Tax cuts for families where one parent foregoes full-time work to spend more time with their kids.
-Day care, tougher penalties for parents that ignore child support payments, more support for single mothers.

Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr. - Poverty & Healthcare
-Raise the minimum wage.
-Enact 80/20 rule in private health plans.
-Better education and counseling for children without parents.
-Health companies cannot deny people with pre-existing conditions, or charge them more.

Sen. Russ Feingold - Energy & the Environment
-Achieve energy independence, which will strengthen national security.
-Equip federal, state, & local government to improve rapid response and management to natural disasters, particularly superstorms caused by climate change.
-Strengthen the Clean Air and Clean Water Acts.
-Commit the Dept. of Interior to a full review of the nation's waterways.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1040 on: June 21, 2014, 03:11:23 PM »

DNC Talking Points, part 1
Paul Begala, Communications Dir.; Biden for America

Night #1, unity under stars and stripes - The messaging theme for the first night is national unity. Shunning the idea of partisan divisions in America. Surrogates will emphasize that Senator Biden has a strong record of bipartisan work, the high-profile endorsements of two Republican Senators from swing states, and Illinois State Sen. Barack Obama's keynote address, which struck this chord as well.

Night #2, the platform - The second night of the convention features some familiar and some unfamiliar faces touting the Democratic platform. Each speaker is accompanied by a constituent that they've invited as a special guest. The speaker & guest each have prepared remarks for about 20 minutes, touting parts of the platform they are assigned. Your job as surrogates is to emphasize how the personal story from each constituent is tied to the real-world effects of the platform plank they spoke of.
JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #1041 on: June 21, 2014, 04:44:32 PM »

Senator Evan Bayh Pre Convention Schedule

July 23th, 2004:
-Host meet and greet in Evansville, IN
-Host Town Hall in Princeton, IN
-Host Town Hall in Vincennes, IN
-Host Meet and Greet in Washington, IN

July 24th, 2004:
-Host Town Hall in Bloomington, IN
-Host Meet and Greet in Martinsville, IN
-Host Meet and Greet in Indianapolis, IN
-Host Town Hall in Indianapolis, IN

Evan answer to question about Blanche being selected as VP and him not getting nomination.
Senator Biden called me about three weeks ago and told me I wasn't the pick.  I am so happy that he has selected Blanche.  Her work for the working class and lower class American's is great.  I have and I will continue to support Joe.  He is a great senator and he will when elected be the greatest president our country could have.  I will not waver in my devotion to his campaign for the American people.

July 25th, 2004:
-Host Town Hall in Indianapolis, IN
-Fly to Democratic Convention in Boston.

Day Two of Convention
Senator Bayh watching Obama Speech.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1042 on: June 21, 2014, 05:42:09 PM »

OOC: Really? Blanche Lincoln? Why?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1043 on: June 22, 2014, 06:42:14 PM »

Reminder: This round will close tonight at 11:59 PM EST
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1044 on: June 22, 2014, 06:57:43 PM »

July 28, 2004
Night #3, America looking forward

Sen. John Breaux

Sen. Bill Nelson

"It is my great honor to introduce the former President of the United States, Bill Clinton!"

Former President Bill Clinton

Gov. Bill Richardson

Sen. Blanche Lincoln -- Vice Presidential candidate

FOR MEDIA: Taken from the floor of the convention, a photo of Sen. Blanche Lincoln accepting the nomination for Vice President of the United States

OOC: Acceptance speech otw.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1045 on: June 22, 2014, 07:55:59 PM »

Blanche Lincoln Accepts The Democratic Nomination for Vice-President
"My fellow Democrats and Delegates, I Give You The Next Vice-President of the United States, Senator Blanche Lincoln!"
"Thank you, thank you all so much. Thank you. Thank you Bill Richardson, you make us all proud."
"In this election, we face a stark choice. Will we continue on the current path, two wars overseas with no end in sight and a middle class suffering under the booth of big business special interests, or will we make the Change that America deserves: one that provides universal health care for everyone, one that ends the War in Iraq responsibly, one that elects a President that stands with you and fights for you.

Now let's look at what the Republicans have put forward."

*Pauses to Let Audience Think*
"Don't worry, I'll wait. That's right. They have nothing to put forward because all of their ideas are straight outta the past. And that's all Rudy is focused on. His attacks are outta the past. His ideas are outta the past. The only thing we've seen is blatant corruption."

"And Senator Hutchinson has the gall to compare Rudy to President Eisenhower. Really? I think a far more apt comparison would be Tricky Dick. Rudy Giuliani is focused on rewarding his friends at the top, not on you. If you want a President that believes in the power and future of working families and the American  People, I urge you to check the only name on the ballot that is anywhere near that description: Senator Joe Biden!"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1046 on: June 22, 2014, 08:10:10 PM »

OOC: Hopefully this Blanche Lincoln won't call Clinton a philanderer, xD
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1047 on: June 22, 2014, 08:36:35 PM »

Semi-OOC: hitting your opponent on inexperience and choosing someone from the same Senate term as VP Tongue
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #1048 on: June 22, 2014, 08:51:37 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Schedule:

July 23:
Rally and GOTV in Portland, ME
Town Hall and GOTV in South Portland, ME
Barnstorm and GOTV in Bath, ME

July 24:
Town Hall and GOTV in Lewiston, ME
Barnstorm and GOTV in Auburn, ME
Barnstorm and GOTV in Gardiner, ME

July 26:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Rockland, ME
Town Hall and GOTV in Augusta, ME
Barnstorm/GOTV and Town Hall in Waterville, ME

July 27:
Barnstorm/GOTV and Town Hall in Belfast, ME
Town Hall and GOTV in Ellsworth, ME
Rally, Town Hall and GOTV in Bangor, ME

July 28:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Berlin, NH
Rally and Town Hall in Rochester, NH
Town Hall and GOTV in Dover, NH

July 29:
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Portsmouth, NH
Rally and Speech in Manchester, NH
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Concord, NH

Freedom! Liberty! The rights of Americans! That is what this campaign is about! No more holding to the party line, no more blatant corruption! What we need its solid leadership that is not beholden to special interest groups and lobbyists! No more of the same! We don't need the same ideas that have been tossed around for generations, we need solutions we know will work! Solutions that are bold! Solutions that will guarantee American prosperity, and the protection your liberties and freedoms! It will be hard, but I need to to write me in here in New Hampshire, the LIVE FREE or die state!

Surrogates:

Rep. Ron Paul:

Barnstorming Nevada

Governor Jesse Ventura:
Barnstorming Alaska

Governor Buddy Roemer:

GOTV operations with Americans Elect in all states

Rep. Barry Goldwater:
Barnstorming Arizona

Clint Eastwood:
Barnstorming New Mexico

Rep. Bob Barr:
Barnstorming Indiana

Gov. William Weld:
Barnstorming Maine and New Hampshire

Drew Carey:

Fundraising

Rep. Joe Scarborough:

Barnstorming Arizona

Paul Craig Roberts:
Fundraising

National Rifle Association and GOA:
Running Mail Ads support Johnson and Denouncing other two candidates

Sen. Dirk Kempthrone:
Barnstorming Idaho

Sen. Scott McCallum:
Barnstorming Wisconsin

Gov. Arne Carlson:
Barnstorming Minnesota

Sarah Palin:
Barnstorming Alaska

Harry Browne:
Fundraising

Ross Perot:
Barnstorming Maine

Mark Souder:
Barnstorming Indiana
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #1049 on: June 22, 2014, 08:53:00 PM »

I had this same feeling. It seems to me that Biden is focusing over women and southern electorate. It's sort of a combo of John Edwards and Hillary Clinton but less meaningful then them.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies