2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:43:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66]
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154311 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1625 on: August 29, 2014, 03:13:52 PM »

President Giuliani to Seek Second Term
Vice President Hutchison to Leave Ticket

President Rudy Giuliani delivered a statement from the Cross Hall of the White House on April 9, 2007.

"On September 7th, 2003 I launched my campaign for President from New York City. I won the nomination and the Presidency. Today, I am officially launching my campaign for re-election as President of the United States of America.

During my tenure in office, unemployment has gone down, the economy is thriving, and more children are going to college. We're winning the Wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and the War on Terror has seen much success across the globe. These last three-and-a-half years have seen massive steps forward in the field of Puerto Rican statehood, women's rights, and civil rights. But we are not done. There is only so much that can be accomplished in four years. Over the course of the next several months I will travel to every state in the union, meet with people from all walks of life, and create a plan for a better America.

Vice President Kay Hutchison has been my partner and my friend since we took office. She's been there with me at every cabinet meeting and every strategy session. She is the greatest asset my administration has. However, Kay has told me that she will finish her term as Vice President but does not plan to run for a second term as Vice President. I am deeply saddened by this, but I accept her wishes and hope her the best in her future endeavors.

Thank you and God Bless."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1626 on: August 29, 2014, 03:15:54 PM »

Can we get Giuliani's approval rating broken down by party line?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1627 on: August 29, 2014, 06:02:10 PM »

Smith declines running for President, goes for Senate

On May 3, former Senator Bob Smith arranged a press conference in Nashua detailing his political future. To the surprise of some, Smith announced that he would not challenge President Rudy Giuliani in the Republican primaries, saying that "while many have encouraged me to run, I have looked at what's ahead and I've concluded that I cannot beat the President." Although a longshot potential candidate from the beginning, Smith was expected to jump in the race to provide Republicans with some conservative alternative to Giuliani. Nevertheless, Smith encouraged a primary challenger to enter, calling a competitive primary necessary "for our party to remain healthy."

Smith then went on to announce his intention to reclaim his old Senate seat, positioning himself for another clash with his formal rival, incumbent Senator John Sununu. Polls put Sununu considerably ahead of Smith at the moment, although with Smith gaining back some credibility in the last few years, it is easily imaginable to see the race tighten up with time.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1628 on: August 29, 2014, 06:26:21 PM »

So are we going to have the sign in sheet soon?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1629 on: August 29, 2014, 06:38:41 PM »

So are we going to have the sign in sheet soon?

I concur. I've given the SOTU, there's not much left to happen before the race begins.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1630 on: August 29, 2014, 07:26:49 PM »

Report: Sanford inching towards run, raising money

South Carolina Governor Mark Sanford, just recently reelected to a second term, is now seriously considering challenging President Giuliani according to multiple GOP sources. Sanford has been courted by conservative activists since last year, and with Senator Jim DeMint announcing he would not run, the calls have only amplified. "Sanford was reluctant to enter at first, but he's been listening to what people have told him and he's become more receptive to the idea," said a top Republican strategist who asked not to be named. Sanford has been reaching out to donors in recent weeks and the reception has reportedly been quite positive, an encouraging sign for a hypothetical campaign. Should Sanford enter the race, he will be seen as a top recruit from the conservative wing of the Republican Party, and he might potentially pose a serious threat to President Giuliani's chances of being renominated next year.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1631 on: August 29, 2014, 07:48:01 PM »

I am going to close this thread and open a new one for 2008. Sign in will be there

Great job everyone! I'm looking forward to seeing where this goes!
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 63 64 65 [66]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies