2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 09:51:15 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154504 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: March 30, 2014, 08:38:20 PM »
« edited: March 30, 2014, 10:28:39 PM by dkrolga »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Sept. 7th-13th, 2003

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Mike DeHaime
Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Pollster: Dr. Mark Campbell

September 7th, 2003; New York City, NY
-- Meet with Campaign Staff to discuss fundraising opportunities
-- Launch Presidential campaign in Brooklyn
-- Meeting New York's political bosses in Manhattan

September 8th, 2003; New York City, NY
-- Press Conference with Mayor Bloomberg, Announcing endorsement
-- Meet and Greet in Central Park with Mayor Bloomberg
-- Meeting with Campaign Staff to discuss launching a website
-- Fundraiser in Manhattan with Mayor Bloomberg

Mayor Bloomberg: I'm proud to endorse Rudy for President. He handled New York City very well, left the city in great shape, and helped lead the nation after 9/11. I'd be honored to have as our Commander-in-Chief.

September 9th, 2003; Albany, NY
-- Drive to Albany, NY
-- Private Meeting with Governor Pataki
-- Press Conference with Governor Pataki, Announcing endorsement
-- Meet and Greet with Governor Pataki
-- Meeting with State Assembly leaders
-- Drive to Buffalo, NY

Governor Pataki: I've worked with Rudy for most of my career. He's a good leader and a better man. If there's one thing he can do it's lead. We all remember looking to him on 9/11 and he picked up the burden of leadership. I'm honored to endorse him for President.

September 10th, 2003: Buffalo, NY
-- Meeting with New York Republican Donors
-- Meet and Greet with State University of New York-Buffalo students
-- Speech at State University of New York-Buffalo
-- Meeting with Campaign Staff to discuss opening campaign offices
-- Drive to New York City, NY

Excerpt from Buffalo Speech Mayor Giuliani: Our nation is at a crossroads. We either face our enemies head on, stand strong in the face of adversity, or we submit and give up. 20 years ago this wouldn't have been a question, President Reagan would have laughed if we asked him whether we stand and fight or run. Two years ago tomorrow, we were faced with a similar choice. I chose to stand and fight, President Bush chose to stand and fight. We must carry on that fight to ensure the security of the world and the safety of our future.

September 11th, 2003: New York City, NY
-- 9/11 Observance Ceremonies with Mayor Bloomberg
-- Attend memorial services at St. Patrick's Cathedral
-- Fly to Des Moines, IA

September 12th, 2003: Des Moines, IA
-- Meet with Iowa Donors
-- Private meeting with former Governor Terry Branstad
-- Attend campaign office opening in Des Moines
-- Visiting a farm on the outskirts of Des Moines
-- Fly to Portland, ME

September 13th, 2003: Portland, ME
-- Touring local businesses
-- Meeting with former Governor Angus King
-- Speech at Deering High School
-- Attend campaign office opening in Portland
-- Drive to Augusta, ME

Excerpt from Deering Speech Mayor Giuliani: Our teacher are the backbone of our nation. The education of children and build the foundation for the next generation of Americans. They guide us and nurture us in our youth. As Mayor, I raised the wages of our public school teachers because I recognized all the good they do for our society. Some of my advisers told me not to talk about this because it's not a 'conservative' stance. I looked at [Chief of Staff] Tony and said 'I'm going to mention because it's my record and I stand by my record'.

Campaign Offices In:
- New York City, NY
- Albany, NY
- Buffalo, NY
- Des Moines, IA
- Sioux City, IA
- Portland, ME
- Concord, NH
- Lansing, MI

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #51 on: March 30, 2014, 09:11:08 PM »

Hillary Clinton Campaign Kickoff

September 6, 2003, Chappaqua, New York

When I look at what a President needs, I see three candidates, including myself who I believe have what it takes to be an effective President. So, why am I running now, instead of waiting my turn, which would surely come if we lost in 2004? I'm running because I believe I am the candidate in either party, who has been on the inside, who knows the White House and its operations inside and out. Al Gore may meet the same criteria is I do, but one would think that running now, after losing by such a close margin almost three years ago, would be considered sour grapes, and being a sore loser. Joe Biden has all the skills of being a leader in private, but none of the public skills of being a leader, as we need another Neil Kinnock debacle shadowing the White House, as would happen if Biden elected, not to mention the prognosis on his long-term health. As for Donald Rumsfeld, If you're going to fight a war you need to have the soldiers needed to fight, something Rumsfeld and President have not and did not do in regards to the conflicts in Iraq and Afghanistan. In both circumstances, we have begun to spiral into civil war, in both instances we have failed to capture or kill our primary objectives, be it Saddam Hussein in Iraq, or Osama Bin Laden in Pakistan. These failures, and Rumsfeld and Bush's failure to provide for our troops are in and of themselves analogous to treason, irregardless of what you think of the legality of the two wars we are embroiled in. I hope to earn your vote this election year, whether you live in Palo Alto, or Orlando, Ames or Dixville Notch, or anywhere else in this great country of hours.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #52 on: March 30, 2014, 09:36:27 PM »

Maybe I can join as Herman Cain in the Republican Primaries Tongue
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2014, 10:15:06 PM »

The Team
     Campaign Manager- David Kochel
     Press Secretary- Kevin Madden
     Research Director- Matt Rhoades
     Communications Director- Mark Mckinnon
     Pollster- Frank Luntz

Madden's first presser:

Madden:
     Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Kevin Madden and I have a feeling that we'll be getting to know each other much better on the road to November and beyond. I would first like to say that following the dinner on September the 10th, Governor Owens is inviting all of you to an off-the-record after-party. I will be organizing the event and providing entertainment. Alright, I'll deliver the rest of my spiel after I take a couple questions.

Reporter:
    Kevin, recently an article has been floating around that big conservative donors are still shopping around and are encouraging Senator Allen of Virginia to get in. Any comment?

Madden:
    Conservatives have their candidate. They've got a candidate that fights for a new path to peace and a stronger America. The candidate that will make us morally, economically, and militarily strong in this race is Bill Owens. Conservatives have their guy. And this idea that donors aren't backing anyone is flat out wrong. Two major donors from Texas, Bush donors, are backing Governor Owens. Conservatives, and donors, have spoken. Bill Owens is their guy.

Reporter:
     Kevin, Mayor Giuliani, in his Deering speech, was talking about education. I'll read you the quote, "Our teacher are the backbone of our nation. They education of children and build the foundation for the next generation of Americans." Kevin, I have a degree in journalism, a minor in English. I know gibberish when I see it. Do you care to comment?

Madden:
     No, ma'am, the Mayor's words speak for themselves and I encourage the press to exert their freedoms and make sure they let those words speak. Next.

Reporter:
     Kevin, your campaign has failed to open an office in Washington DC. Donald Rumsfield opened one. Do you think that gives him a leg up in securing endorsements and fundraising from within the Beltway?

Madden:
     Absolutely not. People don't want their future President to be bogged down in the partisan wreck that is Washington DC. Governor Owens is proud to run on his record and his vision for America. We don't need career politicians and the Beltway to make that happen. Next. [...]
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #54 on: March 30, 2014, 10:38:44 PM »

Reporter:
     Kevin, Mayor Giuliani, in his Deering speech, was talking about education. I'll read you the quote, "Our teacher are the backbone of our nation. They education of children and build the foundation for the next generation of Americans." Kevin, I have a degree in journalism, a minor in English. I know gibberish when I see it. Do you care to comment?

Madden:
     No, ma'am, the Mayor's words speak for themselves and I encourage the press to exert their freedoms and make sure they let those words speak. Next.

So that's how you want to play this...
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #55 on: March 30, 2014, 10:43:38 PM »

I am interested in playing a Vice Presidential nominee. Preferably to the Democratic ticket.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: March 30, 2014, 10:58:51 PM »

Clinton campaign staff

Co- Chiefs of staff- Patti Solis Doyle&Steve Hildebrand
Strategist- Steve Hildebrand
Spokespeople Harold Ickes James Carville Paul Begala and Bill Press
Chief Pollsters Mark Penn Geoff Garin&Steve McMahon

September 7

Meet with voters at Hotel Iowa, Keokuk, Iowa

Meet with voters in Montrose, Iowa

Meet with voters in Donnellson, Iowa

Meet with voters in Fort Madison, Iowa

September 8

Attend Film Revue of All the President's Men

The Bush White House reminds me an awful lot of the Nixon White House, and watching this movie again with the eyes of having been in the White House, and serving in Congress only strengthened that link to me. In fact I would go as far as to say that the only difference was Republicans in Congress generally opposed Nixon, whereas Republicans today haven't just enabled President Bush, they actively cover his errors up for him!

Meet Voters in Elma, Iowa

Meet Voters at the Park Motel, Denison, Iowa

Meet Voters at Carey House, Denison, Iowa

September 9

Meet Voters in Dow City, Iowa

Meet Voters in Woodbine, Iowa

Meet Voters in Mondamin, Iowa

Meet Voters in Logan, Iowa

September 10

Meet with Voters in Greenwood, Delaware

Meet With Voters in Dagsboro, Delaware

Meet with voters at Dogfish Head's Brewery, Rehoboth Beach, Delaware (Includes Drinking Contest Between Bill Press and unnamed Biden staffer)

Meet Voters at Hazzard House, Milton Delaware

September 11

Attend Ceremonies at Ground Zero

Attend Ceremonies at the Pentagon

Throw out Ceremonial First Pitch at Great American Ballpark, Cincinnati, Ohio (Pittsburgh Pirates @ Cincinnati Reds)

September 12

Meet Voters at Converse College, Spartanburg South Carolina

Tee off Ceremonial First Ball, TPC at Deere Run Silvis, Illinois (John Deere Classic) (17th Hole)

Meet Voters at the Buffalo Bill Museum,Le Claire Iowa

Meet Voters at Bald Eagle Photography, Le Claire Iowa

September 13

Perform Coin Toss in Cy-Hawk trophy Rivalry at Jack Trice Stadium, Ames, Iowa

Meet Voters at the Putnam Museum, Davenport Iowa

Throw Out Ceremonial First Pitch, John O'Donnell Stadium, Davenport Iowa (Quad Cities River Bandits v Great Lakes Loons)

Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #57 on: March 31, 2014, 12:31:37 AM »

Can I join in as Jason West?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #58 on: March 31, 2014, 01:29:04 AM »

Er, he wouldn't even be constitutionally qualified to run (born in 1977).
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2014, 03:16:41 AM »

Reporter:

Madden:

So that's how you want to play this...

I thought you were trying to do that? I thought you were trying to have a "Is our children learning?" Thing. Sorry if it was jump a couple typos!
BaconBacon96
Ireland, Republic of

« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2014, 03:46:32 AM »

So I missed the deadline...oh well.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2014, 04:01:56 AM »

I wouldn't object if you were to start a few turns in and you became the "Late Entry" like Rick Perry.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2014, 05:58:21 AM »

Note:

A little house keeping:
We may have a late entrance from George Allen
I will close the first round on Tuesday at 10 pm EST.
The polling and the next round will go by Wednesday, Thursday at the latest.

Well done to everyone so far, all the posts look great!
Thanks,
NHI
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2014, 07:50:34 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2014, 08:00:22 AM by TheCranberry »

Al Gore – “Here I stand, and I say to you – I’m again running for president!”

September 7th, Nashville, Tennessee:
Dear people of the United States, dear people of Tennessee! It is nice to see so much of you here gathered in this beautiful city! I stand here before you to address you, and all the other people of the United States. Eight years I’ve been able to help shape this country to a better place, on the side of the honoured gentleman Bill Clinton. Since three years now, however, I and many other concerned citizens have had a feeling, a feeling that this country is not going into the right direction! Many of you, I feel, have this same concern as me! I won’t talk today what would have changed had the people of Florida, and all the United States, decided otherwise. No, I will talk of other things. Here I stand, before the people of Nashville, of Tennessee, of the United States, and I say to you – I’m again running for president!”

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2014, 07:56:31 AM »

As far as I see you missed nothing. You already announced your intention to run as Clark and NHI has you listed in the first post. I think you can just begin posting like the rest of us.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2014, 08:37:44 AM »

Al Gore: September 7th to September 13th

AL '04 - CAMPAIGN STAFF
Chief of Staff: Ron Klain
Strategist: Michael Whouley
Spokesman: Ed Schultz
Chief Pollster: Charlie Cook

September 7th; Nashville, TN:
-   Campaign staff meeting
-   Meeting with Tennessee Democratic Donors
-   Declare Run in Centennial Park, Nashville
-   Open Meet and Greet in Centennial Park

September 8th; Nashville, TN:
-   Press conference with Michael Dukakis; Announcement of Endorsement
-   “A day with Al and Mike ”: Press accompanies Al as he shows Nashville to Dukakis
-   Fundraiser in Nashville with Michael Dukakis

Michael Dukakis: People of America, this is the man! I proudly endorse Al Gore; he was a competent Vice President, and surely will be a good president!

September 9th; Nashville, TN and Richmond, VA:
-   Meet and Greet in Nashville Campaign Office
-   Flight to Richmond, Meet with Virginia Democratic Donors
-   Press Conference in Richmond

September 10th; Richmond, VA and Philadelphia, PA:
-   Flight early in the morning to Philadelphia
-   Meet and Greet with dock and industrial workers in the Port Area
-   Meeting with Pennsylvania Democratic Donors
-   Open discussion over the course of the nation
-   Drive to New York in the night

September 11th; New York City, NY:
-   Attend 9/11 memorials at Ground Zero
-   Attend memorials in a New York Church
-   Fly to Cedar Rapids, Iowa

September 12th; Cedar Rapids, IA and Des Moines, IA:
-   Press conference in Cedar Rapids
-   Open Meet and Greet in Cedar Rapids
-   Drive to Des Moines

September 13th; Des Moines, IA:
-   Meeting with Iowa Democratic Donors
-   Private meeting with Gov Tom Vilsack
-   Open Discussion with Gov Vilsack and other prominent Iowa Democrats
-   Open Meet and Greet
-   Fundraiser in Des Moines

Campaign Offices:
-   Nashville, TN
-   Charleston, SC
-   Miami, FL
-   Richmond, VA
-   New York City, NY
-   Des Moines, IA
-   Manchester, NH
-   Detroit, MI

Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2014, 03:00:05 PM »
« Edited: April 01, 2014, 03:08:30 PM by Guntaker »

Sen. Biden's Campaign Schedule:7-13 September

Campaign Staff:
Campaign Manager:Luis Navarro
Press Secretary:Jay Carney
Chief Adviser:Valerie Biden
Political Director:Ted Kaufman
Communications Director:Paul Hodes
Policy Director: Joe Biden/Mario Cuomo
-----------------------------------------------------
September 7th

Meet and Greet - Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall meeting - Des Moines, Iowa
Tour of the Des Moines Art Center - Des Moines, Iowa
Speech at Rally - Des Moines, Iowa

It's great to be here in Des Moines, I am truly honored to be in this great city and great state, but now let's get to the meat of the matter. President Bush has not dealt well with handling the Presidency, while many of his efforts were well intentioned, they have unfortunately not come well, the Defunded No Child Left Behind Act, the Iraq War, and the PATRIOT Act, I think that we shouldn't ignore the Republican message, I saw the rallies and speeches on TV, and the main vibe comin' from them seems to be , "Yeah, the economy may be down, and we are embroiled in two wars, but we aren't gonna do much about it", and I strongly disagree with that, we need to get the economy in working order, or else we will slip into recession and possibly worse, and with every ticking second gone by, something can be done in Congress, but due to Republicans being sitting down and shouting "NO", we have gone through stagnation, elect me President, and you will see an end to recklessness and a policy of dropping the economy and running as far away as possible, do you?

September 8th

Tour of Coit Tower - San Fransisco, California
Town Hall Meeting - San Fransisco, California
Fundraising - San Fransisco, California
Rally - Los Angeles, California
Speech at San Marino High School - Los Angeles, California

September 9th

Fundraising - Manchester, New Hampshire
Fundraising - Salem, New Hampshire
Staff Meeting - Boston, Massachusetts
Speaking to the United Auto Workers - Detriot, Michigan

September 10th

Meet and Greet - Charleston, South Carolina
Breakfast with Residents - Charleston, South Carolina
Tour of Liberty Square - Charleston, South Carolina
Rest

September 11th

Speech on Ground Zero - New York City, New York
Attend 9/11 Memorials at a church - New York City, New York
Town Hall Meeting - New York City, New York
Attend 9/11 Memorials at Ground Zero - New York City, New York

Hello everybody, on this day, two years ago, Terrorists hijacked three planes, and crashed 2 into the World Trade Center, I remember it crystal clear folks, it was a tragic day to be an American, and many in the international world felt our sadness too, but some of my opponents, who shall remain nameless, seem to want to Politicize this event for the sake of winning, I am 100% against that, on this day, we should'nt go around using slogans and waving banners, but we should be mournful, and look towards the Hope in the Future, thanks.

September 12th

Tour of Clinton Presidential Center and Park - Little Rock, Arkansas
Meet and Greet - Dallas, Texas
Staff Meeting - Wilmington, Delaware
Town Hall Meeting - Atlanta, Georgia
Meeting with the President - Washington D.C

Liberty

Narrator:Do you know Dennis Kucinich? [Splashes Image of Kucinich among ad]

Narrator:The Ohio Congressman is more than you think, back in 1996, Kucinich said that "Life begins at Conception", but now? "I'm Pro Choice!", what else do we know about him? Time after time, this man has claimed that he would repeal NAFTA [Shows clip of President Bush signing NAFTA], claiming that it "Destroys Jobs", contrary to both Opinion Polls and Regular Polls.  Dennis Kucinich is not the right man for this country, when he says he can "Fix the Country", don't believe it.

Joe Biden:I'm Joe Biden and I approve of this message.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2014, 04:36:22 PM by MadmanMotley »

Gary Johnson Campaign Staff:
Campaign Director/Chief of Staff: Ron Neilson
Strategist/Advisor: Doug Wead
Press Secretary: Gary Howard Jr.
Financial Director: John McCardell
Pollster: Fritz Wenzel

Campaign Schedule:

Sept. 7th:
GaryJohnson2004.com goes live.
Gary Johnson for President texting alert system goes live.
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
Rally and Q&A in Ames, IA with Rep. Ron Paul
Campaign Speech and Rally/Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA with Gov. Jesse Ventura
Town Hall in Newton, IA

"We have a chance to actually change Washington, shake up the career politicians and insiders! Show them that the people whom they represent are unhappy with how things are handled in Washington! Send me to Washington D.C. so I can represent the people, so we can have fiscal responsibility, so our civil liberties remain intact! Together we can take on the hard problems that face America."

Sept. 8th:
Town Hall and Barnstorm in Marshalltown, IA
Meet & Greet in Cedar Falls, IA
Rally/Fundraiser and Campaign Speech in Waterloo, IA with Gov. Jesse Ventura

"I come before you today as a candidate who means business, a candidate willing to take things on. I have a track record of this as Governor of New Mexico, keeping a balanced budget, and being fiscally responsible. We need to return to the era of balanced budgets, of responsibility. Every year spending increases and increases, and more and more taxes are levied on the people! A Johnson administration will work to see the repeal of the Income Tax, and establish a fair tax, a consumption tax. This way everyone pays into the system. Drug lords need groceries too! And they sure aren't paying into the system now!"

Sept. 9th:
Rally and Town Hall in Dubuque, IA with Rep. Ron Paul
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Clinton, IA
Rally, Speech and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA with Rep. Ron Paul

Sept. 10th:
Rally and Speech in Nashua, NH
Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
Town Hall and Meet and Greets in Dover, NH

"New Hampshire is known as the "Live Free or Die" state, and that sounds like my kind of place! Unfortunately those freedoms and liberties are being taken away by Washington! Benjamin Franklin said that, "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Well today our liberties are in jeopardy, and we need to fight for them, else we never get them back!"

Sept. 11th:

Attending 9/11 memorials in NYC

Sept. 12th:
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Rochester, NH
Rally/Fundraiser in Manchester, NH with Gov. Jesse Ventura
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Concord, NH

Sept 13th:
Town Hall/Q&A in Claremont, NH with Rep. Ron Paul
Town Hall and Barnstorming in Lebanon, NH with Rep. Ron Paul
Town Hall in Laconia, NH with Rep. Ron Paul

Radio ad to be run in following states:

"Governor Gary Johnson is a candidate with experience, as Governor of New Mexico, he balanced the budget, and protected individual freedoms. He stood against government waste. He is the candidate who won in a swing state twice, while never compromising his principles. Governor Johnson is the candidate who can win the White House. Gary Johnson is the one we need in the White House to take on the hard issues and protect our freedoms as Americans. 'I am Gary Johnson and I approve this message.'"
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »

I already nabbed Wead for my campaign, seeing how close Paul and Buchanan are, but if you want, I am willing to give him up to you. Wead might have bad blood with Pat dating back to '92, when he primaried Bush Sr. (whom Wead was an advisor too).
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2014, 04:21:48 PM »

I already nabbed Wead for my campaign, seeing how close Paul and Buchanan are, but if you want, I am willing to give him up to you. Wead might have bad blood with Pat dating back to '92, when he primaried Bush Sr. (whom Wead was an advisor too).
Sorry about that, I didn't realize you had him. I'd greatly appreciate it if you let me have him.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »

Sorry about that, I didn't realize you had him. I'd greatly appreciate it if you let me have him.
Yeah, it makes more sense this way. I'll replace Wead with somebody else. Finding people from the Buchanan campaign is kinda hard, but I'll dig something up.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #71 on: April 01, 2014, 12:57:41 PM »

Surrogate:Mario Cuomo

I fully support Senator Joe Biden in his effort to rebuild our country and rebuild and remember, if my friend Biden is elected, a new prosperity era will emerge! We'll get peace abroad, at home, we'll get proper Education for our kids, America will get Health Care, and most importantly, he will keep America Great!

Sep. 7th
Rally - Des Moines, Iowa
Barnstorm - Des Moines, Iowa
Fundraise - Seattle, Washington
Rest

Sep. 8th
Appearance on Meet the Press
Meeting with Senator Biden-Wilmington, Delaware
Radio Talk in support of Biden
Meet and Greet- Boston, Massachusetts

Sep. 9th
Meeting with Andrew Cuomo- New York City, New York
Rally - Bangor, Maine
Rest
Rest
Breakfast with Locals- New York City, New York

Sep. 10th
Tour of Ground Zero- New York City, New York
Barnstorm- Bangor, Maine
Rest
Rest
Rest

Sep. 11th
Tour of Ground Zero- New York City, New York
Speech at Church in New York City
Rally - Albany, New York
Rest

Sep. 12th
Rest
Rest
Rally- Boston, Massachusetts
Rest

Sep. 13th
Visit Church- Albany, New York
Rest
Press Conference- New York City, New York
Rest
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #72 on: April 01, 2014, 04:44:30 PM »

Edwards for President

Campaign team
Chairman: Ed Turlington
Chief of Staff: Miles Lackey
Campaign Manager: Nick Baldick
Press Secretary: Jennifer Palmieri
Spokesperson: Roger Salazar
Political Director: Katreice Banks
National Finance Chair: Eileen Kotecki
Pollster: Harrison Hickman

Campaign Offices: Chapel Hill, Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Manchester, St. Louis, Oklahoma City, Columbia, Charleston, Nashville, Wilmington, Virginia Beach.

Schedule:

September 7
-Campaign announcement in front of the Milliken Mill, Robbins, North Carolina
-Open meet and greet, Robbins, NC

September 8
-Meeting with campaign staff
-Opening of campaign headquarters, Chapel Hill, NC
-Meeting with North Carolina donors, Raleigh, NC

September 9
-Opening of Des Moines campaign office
-Meet and greet in Des Moines
-Meet and greet in West Des Moines
-Rally in Des Moines
We have to do better, and we can. We don't have to look to Wall Street or Washington to find the principles we need. We can find those principles in the way millions of small business owners, factory workers, office workers, salespeople, and secretaries live their lives every day. Even as government has failed in its responsibilities, most Americans have embraced theirs. They are working harder than ever before, even though too often they're earning less. They're volunteering more in their communities, even though economic pressures mean they have less time to give. Our challenge is to get our government and our economy back in line with our values.

September 10
-Town hall in Mitchellville, IA
-Town hall in Johnston, IA
-Speech at the Big Creek Schoolhouse, Polk City, IA
Edwards Plan for Education Reform
In my announcement speech, I promised that we’d build a school system that works for all our kids, to give them a chance to do what they’re capable of doing. We need to reform our schools and raise standards - but we need to give our schools the resources they need to accomplish this. We need to provide incentives to put our best teachers in the subjects and the places where we need them the most. And we need to ensure that three million children have a safe place to go when they leave school in the afternoon. That’s what we’re working towards. We just need your support to make it a reality.

September 11
-Attend 9/11 memorial service in Arlington County, VA

September 12
-Meet with small business owners, Newton, IA
-Meet and greet, Monroe, IA

September 13
-Meet and greet, Pella, IA
-Town hall, Knoxville, IA

TV Ad
Growing up it seemed like almost everyone in town worked at the mill.  And when it moved it was devastating. That's happening all over--plants packing up and moving where labor's cheap and the environment doesn't count. It doesn't have to be that way. I’ll stop tax breaks for companies moving their headquarters overseas and give the breaks instead to companies who build their plants right here. I'm John Edwards, and I approved this message because I want to export American products, not American jobs.

Radio Ad
To run in rural Iowa and South Carolina
In America today, Wall Street's on the rebound. But on main streets across Iowa, there's another America, where farms and businesses are closing. Jobs are leaving. Our young people are moving away. John Edwards is from rural America, and he'll fight for rural America. Born and raised in a small town, Edwards has the best plan to help us attract new jobs and businesses; to find new markets for the products we grow; to improve our schools and access to health care. I’m John Edwards, and I approved this message to tell you that everything I am, every value I hold, goes back to the small towns where I grew up. I want to keep that way of life and those values alive, now and for generations to come. Stand up for a leader who will stand up for us: John Edwards for President.

Press Conference

Senator Edwards, could you detail the course this campaign will take?
Certainly. I’ll attempt to pursue a moderate approach of specific and constructive ideas, while setting out clear differences with the current administration. Above all, I want to provide a fresh face in politics. I’m a regular guy with a working-class background from a small town in the Carolinas - and I’m best-positioned to understand the concerns of normal Americans. We will focus on spending time on the ground in primary states to get as much one-on-one contact with voters as possible.

How do respond to Hillary Clinton’s attack by exclusion - not naming you as one of the candidates who, and I’m quoting here, “has what it takes to be an effective president”?
Well, that’s - it’s a ludicrous statement. I’ve served nearly five years in the US Senate. That’s two more years than Senator Clinton has served. But that’s not all - Senator Biden, Representative Kucinich, Governor Shaheen and Vice President Gore all have served in public office longer than Senator Clinton. It’s bizarre for her to say that she’s the one that’d make an effective President when she doesn’t have anywhere near the kind of record all her primary opponents do.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #73 on: April 01, 2014, 04:49:34 PM »

Reminder that this round will close at 10 pm EST tonight; with the next round beginning sometime tomorrow.

Also Jeb Bush will be dropping out of the race.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #74 on: April 01, 2014, 05:06:20 PM »

Reminder that this round will close at 10 pm EST tonight; with the next round beginning sometime tomorrow.

Also Jeb Bush will be dropping out of the race.

Any chance we could get a new player as John McCain? Losing one candidate at the first turn would already change the dynamics a lot, and I think it would make things more realistic.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies