2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:54:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154297 times)
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #525 on: May 13, 2014, 07:27:15 PM »
« edited: May 13, 2014, 07:38:06 PM by dkrolga »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Feb. 15th-17th, 2004

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: President Gerald Ford and Senator John McCain
Campaign Director: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Theodore Olson
Chief Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster: Mike DuHaime

Feb. 15th, 2004; Hawaii
-- Barnstorm in Honolulu, HI with Gov. Lingle and Gov. Wilson
-- Barnstorm in Pearl City, HI with Gov. Lingle and Gov. Wilson
-- Barnstorm in ‘Ewa Beach, HI with Gov. Lingle and Gov. Wilson
-- Fly to Wisconsin

Feb. 16th, 2004; Wisconsin
-- Barnstorm in Madison, WI with Sen. Dole, Sec. Kemp, and Rep. Petri
-- Barnstorm in Fitchburg, WI with Sen. Dole, Sec. Kemp, and Rep. Petri
-- Barnstorm in Sun Prairie, WI with Sen. Dole, Sec. Kemp, and Rep. Petri

Feb. 17th, 2004; Washington, D.C.
-- Barnstorm in Milwaukee, WI with Sen. Coleman, Sen. Pressler, and Rep. Petri
-- Barnstorm in West Bend, WI with Sen. Coleman, Sen. Pressler, and Rep. Petri
-- Barnstorm in Hartford, WI with Sen. Coleman, Sen. Pressler, and Rep. Petri
-- GOTV Rally at University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee with Sen. Coleman and Sen. Dole
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #526 on: May 13, 2014, 07:38:34 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2014, 07:48:01 PM by dkrolga »

Giuliani Surrogates, Feb.15th-17th, 2004

Gov. George Pataki
Barnstorming in Connecticut

Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Barnstorming in Maryland

Senator John McCain
Barnstorming in California

Governor Angus King
Barnstorming in Wisconsin

Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan

Senator George Voinovich
Barnstorming in Ohio

Mr. Sheldon Adelson

Former President Jerry Ford
Barnstorming in Ohio

Governor Terry Branstad

Senator Kit Bond

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt

Mr. John Elway

Senator Norm Coleman

Governor Pete Wilson
Barnstorming in Hawaii and California

Former Vice President Dan Quayle

Former Senator Howard Baker

Senator Lamar Alexander

House Speaker Dennis Hastert
Barnstorming in Maryland

Former Senator Fred Thompson
Barnstorming in Maryland

Senator Larry Pressler

Governor John Hoeven
Barnstorming in Minnesota

Governor Mike Rounds

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jack Kemp

Senator Bob Dole

General Norman Schwarzkopf

International Association of Fire Fighters
GOTV Registration Rallies in Wisconsin

Senator Connie Mack III

Dick Cheney
Barnstorming in Ohio

Kay Bailey Hutchison
Barnstorming in Ohio

Linda Lingle
Barnstorming in Hawaii

Kenny Guinn
Barnstorming in Idaho

Mary Matalin

Larry Craig
Barnstorming in Idaho

Bill Owens

Paul Cellucci
Barnstorming in Connecticut

John H. Sununu
Barnstorming in Vermont

John Ensign
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #527 on: May 13, 2014, 07:47:42 PM »

Giuliani Endorsments

Representative Tom Petri: Some people doubt Mayor Giuliani's ability to win over the more conservative Senator Allen. I think that's a far stretch to make. I've had to work with Senator Allen and I do not feel that he can set aside partisan differences to properly govern our nation. That's why I'm backing Mayor Giuliani.
- Rep. Petri spends February 15th to February 17th barnstorming in Wisconsin.

Senator Mike DeWine: My colleague, Senator Voinovich, backed Mayor Giuliani early on. I was a bit more hesitant and thought about supporting Senator Allen, we're close friends in the Senate. But the more I though about it, the more I agreed that Mayor Giuliani is only candidate who can bring jobs back to Ohio.
- Sen. DeWine spends February 15th to February 17th barnstorming in Ohio and laying the groundwork for a Super Tuesday campaign.

Governors Donald Carcieri: Only one candidate understands the delicate balance between Republican and moderate that our President needs. Only one candidate understands the needs of Rhode Island. Only one candidate can properly lead our nation in the face of any struggle. That man is Rudy Giuliani and I'm backing him for President.
- Gov. Carcieri spends February 15th to February 17th barnstorming in Connecticut and Massachusetts, laying the groundwork for a Super Tuesday campaign.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #528 on: May 13, 2014, 07:57:20 PM »

Gary Johnson New Endorsers:

Senator Larry Craig (R-ID)Sad

It has come to be obvious to me that there is only one Republican in this race that has the economic policies that will work in this country. That Republican is Governor Gary Johnson. As governor he fought for balanced budgets and fiscal responsibility, something I have been fighting for in the U.S. Senate. With his leadership and policies, America will prosper!
(Feb. 15-17 Barnstorming and GOTV in Idaho)

Former Governor Arne Carlson (R-MN)Sad

We need a voice free of party politics in the White House, one who will bring about true prosperity and be a bipartisan leader. That is why I endorse Governor Gary Johnson, his record as governor proves himself a leader, and not one confined to playing politics as usual. The policies that he has put forth are what America needs right now.
(Feb. 15-17 Barnstorming and GOTV in Minnesota)

Former Governor Scott McCallum (R-WI)Sad

We've  come to a critical point in the presidential campaign, and as the most recent Republican Governor of Wisconsin, I feel it is my duty to endorse a candidate. There is one who has stood out to me, he has been a two term governor of a swing state, and is a fiscal conservative like no other. Today I am endorsing Governor Gary Johnson, and I hope that my fellow Republicans in Wisconsin endorse him on primary day by giving him their votes.
(Feb. 15-17 Barnstorming and GOTV in Wisconsin, made Campaign manager for Wisconsin Primary)

Senator Dirk Kempthorne (R-ID)Sad

There is a clear conservative in this race, a man with the experience and convictions to become president. Our party needs a leader, a man who isn't afraid to take on the tough issues and get them done. That is why I endorse Governor Gary Johnson for president, he is the man America needs right now.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #529 on: May 13, 2014, 07:58:17 PM »

Gary Johnson New Endorsers:

Senator Larry Craig (R-ID)Sad

It has come to be obvious to me that there is only one Republican in this race that has the economic policies that will work in this country. That Republican is Governor Gary Johnson. As governor he fought for balanced budgets and fiscal responsibility, something I have been fighting for in the U.S. Senate. With his leadership and policies, America will prosper!

I've had Craig for two rounds.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #530 on: May 13, 2014, 08:02:13 PM »

I am going to be creating a separate thread, listing all of the candidates' endorsers.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #531 on: May 13, 2014, 08:07:11 PM »

Republican Primary Survey:

56% believe it is important to nominate a candidate who can defeat the Democratic nominee
40% believe it is important to nominate a candidate who does the best representing Republican values.

80% of Republican voters sees George Allen as conservative.
54% of Republican voters see Rudy Giuliani as conservative.
52% of Republican voters see Gary Johnson as a conservative.

Among Self-described Conservative Primary Voters:
George Allen: 43%
Rudy Giuliani: 31%
Gary Johnson: 24%

Among Self-described Moderate Primary Voters:
Rudy Giuliani: 50%
George Allen: 26%
Gar Johnson: 19%

50% of Republican voters believe Rudy Giuliani is the strongest candidate against the Democratic nominee.
38% of Republican voters believe George Allen in the strongest candidate against the Democratic nominee.
19% of Republican voters believe Gary Johnson is the strongest candidate against the Democratic nominee.

52% of Republican voters now are certain who they will vote for in the primary.
43% of Republicans voters say they still could change their minds.

National Polling:
George Allen: 36%
Rudy Giuliani: 36%
Gary Johnson: 23%
Undecided: 5%
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #532 on: May 13, 2014, 08:25:12 PM »

Kucinich Victory Speech - February 14

We've done it yet again! We've proved the critics wrong and have shown that we're able to win this primary if we stay determined! I greatly thank the people of Washington, D.C, for this victory, and I know that we'll have many more victories to come! We're taking this all the way to the convention, and nothing will be stopping us now!

Kucinich Endorsements

Dick Celeste: I've known Dennis personally for plenty of years, and I can tell you that this man is no doubt qualified for the White House. He's been a loyal servant for our great state of Ohio for many, many years, and he would be just as loyal for the entire nation. Ohioans, don't forget who's sticking for you out there! Dennis is the one!

February 15-17: Contacting donors and organizing campaign infrastructure in Ohio

John Waihee: Congressman Kucinich is a principled warrior for progressive causes and he's impressed me time and time again over the years. We Democrats would be served well to have him as our nominee, and so I'll be doing everything I can on my part to make sure that happens.

February 15-17: Contacting donors and rallying Democrats in favor of Kucinich in Hawaii
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #533 on: May 13, 2014, 09:04:16 PM »

Endorsement thread is now up.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #534 on: May 13, 2014, 09:10:12 PM »

Schedules for Major Clinton endorsers

Former Vice-President Walter Mondale

February 15, 2004
Meet voters in Champlin, Minnesota

Meet voters in Osseo, Minnesota

Meet voters in Shorewood, Minnesota

February 16, 2004

GOTV in Otter Creek, Wisconsin

GOTV in Wilson, Wisconsin

GOTV in Fairchild, Wisconsin

GOTV in Fall Creek, Wisconsin

February 17, 2004

Meet voters in Nowthen, Minnesota

Meet Voters in East Bethel, Minnesota

Meet Voters in Circle Pines Minnesota

Speech in Blaine, Minnesota

I know it's been a while since I've been on the on the national stage, but in the twenty years since I ran for President, I've never seen a candidate with such fortitude under stress as Hillary Clinton. I'm not even talking about her run for the White House folks, I'm talking about her Senate run in 2000, begun at the height of her husbands impeachment drama. Few candidates, or prospective candidates, could have withstood that kind of pressure, and she did. For comparison, take a look at what happened when Joe Biden thought he could handle managing shutting down Robert Bork's confirmation to the Supreme Court and run for President at the same time in 1987 and 1988. He ended up getting forced from the Presidential race due to a plagiarism scandal involving European Commission Vice-President and former British Opposition leader Neil Kinnock, and his management of the Bork hearings, while successful, nearly killed him.

Congressman David Obey

February 15, 2004

Speech in Rhinelander, Wisconsin

It's still a four way-race,and while Hillary Clinton's late acceptance of a minimum wage increase is depressing, the reality is she's candidate with the finances, the political skill, and the determination to win in November.

Fundraiser at The Big Penny, Woodruff, Wisconsin (Also For Re-election and for Russ Feingold, Tammy Baldwin, Jim Oberstar, and Teresa Daly)

GOTV in Hurley, Wisconsin

GOTV in Montreal, Wisconsin

February 16, 2004

Speech in Ashland, Wisconsin

While I understand how a respected Senator like George Allen, or someone who claims to be "America's Mayor" are ahead of Clinton, I can't for the life of me, figure out how Gary Johnson a Libertarian, who's only one step away from an anarchist, is only three points behind us...  

GOTV in Butterfield, Wisconsin

GOTV in Rib Lake, Wisconsin

GOTV in Medford, Wisconsin

February 17, 2000

GOTV in Madison, Wisconsin

Election Night Rally at Camp Randall Stadium, Madison, Wisconsin
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #535 on: May 13, 2014, 09:33:34 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Schedule:

Feb. 15:

Rally and GOTV in Milwaukee, WI
Interview with local news
Town Hall and GOTV in Waukesha, WI
Barnstorm and GOTV in Muskego, WI
Town Hall and GOTV in Racine, WI

Feb. 16:

Rally and GOTV in Kenosha, WI
Interview with 60 minutes
Barnstorm and GOTV in Mt. Pleasant, WI
Town Hall and GOTV in Janesville, WI
Rally and GOTV in Madison, WI

Feb. 17:
Town Hall and GOTV in Oshkosh, WI
Barnstorm and GOTV in Appleton, WI
Town Hall and GOTV in Manitowoc, WI
Rally and GOTV in Green Bay, WI

Surrogates:

Jesse Ventura:
Feb. 15-17: Barnstorming and GOTV in Minnesota

Ron Paul:
Feb. 15-17: Barnstorming and GOTV in Texas

Buddy Roemer, Bob Barr, and Joe Scarborough:
Feb. 15-17: Barnstorming and GOTV in Georgia

Clint Eastwood, Drew Carey and Barry Goldwater Jr.Sad
Feb. 15-17: Barnstorming and GOTV in California

Paul Craig Roberts:
Feb. 15-17: Fundraising

William Weld:
Feb. 15-17: Barnstorming and GOTV in Massachusetts

NRA and GOA:
Feb. 15-17: Rallies and GOTV operations in WI, MN, GA, TX, ID, UT, OH, MI, LA, and FL

ADS:
Radio and TV ads to played in following states:

AD: Economic prosperity

There's one candidate in this race that knows how to balance a budget every year, a candidate that can bring about economic prosperity. He will do this by eliminating the income tax, lowering corporate taxes, and balancing the budget. He isn't afraid to make the cuts and stop deficit spending. On (insert primary day here), vote for economic prosperity, vote Gary Johnson.

AD: The candidate that can.
When Ronald Reagan ran for president, they said he was unelectable, they said he was too conservative. Now those same people are claiming Gary Johnson is unelectable, but that just isn't the case. Gary Johnson was elected to two terms in a swing state, and despite working with a divided congress, balanced New Mexico's budget every year. Gary Johnson has the bipartisan credentials, and conservative convictions. This (insert primary day here) vote for the candidate that can get things done, and the candidate that can win, vote Gary Johnson.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #536 on: May 13, 2014, 10:26:26 PM »
« Edited: May 13, 2014, 10:35:17 PM by badgate »

Statement from Biden Campaign
February 15, 2004, 9:00am

The Biden campaign is pleased to announce that it has hired Karen Johanson as Wisconsin Field Director to oversee the campaign's GOTV effort. Johanson has previously run Rep. Tammy Baldwin's campaign, and knows the 2nd congressional district of Wisconsin as well as the state of Wisconsin very well. Johanson has agreed to head up the campaign's GOTV effort in Idaho/Utah after the 17th, and California for Super Tuesday.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #537 on: May 13, 2014, 10:39:15 PM »

Can I doll out an Edwards Ad as a SuperPAC?
Yes, see what the other candidates think.

I would prefer a Biden ad.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #538 on: May 14, 2014, 11:24:37 AM »

Schedule for Bill Clinton

February 15,2004

Speech in Chubbuck, Idaho

You know, I haven't been in Idaho since 1992. Back then when I first traveled there, I didn't think that there were Democrats, with Idaho having only voted for for two Democratic Presidential nominee, Lyndon Johnson and Harry Truman. I know better now, of course, and with the caucuses here less than ten days away, I believe we're the only Democrats actually campaigning in Idaho at the moment, and I believe that my politically determined wife, will carry the caucuses here, and will be competitive in November!

Interview with Greta Van Susteren for On the Record with Greta Van Susteren Airing evening of February 15. 2004 from Lava Hot Springs, Idaho (with a rerun on February 16)

So the Democrats are tied up in Wisconsin... do you think not running ads has come back to haunt the Clinton campaign?
I don't think so Greta. Senator Biden has been running a lot of ads lately, and almost all of them haven't stuck. We're not only in this race, but we are thriving.
In a hypothetical general election, does Secretary Rumsfeld's endorsement of Senator Allen help him or hurt him?
It depends on who Senator Allen would be facing, and what President Bush's approval rating with the Conservative base is like. I can't see it hurting him against Kucinich or Edwards, but against Biden or Hillary, it could be a problem.
Where you are, in Idaho, which Democrat do you see with most support?
I'm in Bannock County, and so far I've seen mostly Clinton and Biden lawn signs, with a smattering of Kucinich signage thrown in, not a hint of Edwards support anywhere.
Which nomination do believe is more likely to decided at their parties respective convention?
Probably our nomination, because we have three serious candidates remaining in Biden, Edwards and Hillary as opposed to the Republicans two in Giuliani and Allen.

GOTV in Downey, Idaho

GOTV in Arimo, Idaho

February 16, 2004/President's Day

Speech in American Falls, Idaho (With Tom Foley)

On this day where we honor our pasts Presidents, let us ask ourselves what characteristics  we need and want our next President to possess. Hillary Clinton possess the multiple political lives of a Russian Blue cat, the stubbornness of the Donkey, the eyes of a Hawk, and the wisdom of a Snowy Owl. She is, at least to me, the candidate I will be backing for the Oval Office over all comers.

Speech at the Liberty Bell, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

As a symbol of American freedom, one needs look no further than the Liberty Bell, here in historic Philadelphia. Today, however our freedoms are under attack, from a PATRIOT act, that while implemented for a specific reason, has been abused, and used for purposes that were never intended by the Republicans in Congress who wrote the damned thing! And the latest abuses, the new revelations of the Valarie Plame affair, the accusations by former Senator Bill Bradley, Democratic National Committee Chair Terry McAuliffe and former Vice-Presidential nominee Sargent Shriver, about the provisions of the PATRIOT act being used on them, it became clear to me, that this wasn't just a tool to fight terrorism, but that President Bush, looked to forcibly suppress dissent towards his "invade-Iraq" agenda. Well, it isn't working, and were going to have the last laugh, which is why I draw a line in the sand, and demand, at a minimum, Attorney General John Ashcroft's resignation.

February 17, 2004

Meet Voters in Portsmouth, Rhode Island

Meet Voters in Bristol, Rhode Island

GOTV in Sun Prairie, Wisconsin

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #539 on: May 14, 2014, 12:50:07 PM »

May we get new polls of the February 24 contests as well as Super Tuesday?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #540 on: May 14, 2014, 01:27:32 PM »
« Edited: May 14, 2014, 09:41:39 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

George Allen for President Schedule - February 15th-17th

"We have a model, in the state of Virginia. We have low taxes, low burden, and we are a state that is blossoming. It's not hard - we just have to follow our principles. I am being attacked for not being moderate enough, but the fact is that moving to the center doesn't help: the prosperity of the Reagan administration got widdled down by triangulation of future administrations. I'm not going to feed you a bunch of nonsense, I believe what I believe, and I hope you hop on board."

February 15th:
Receiving endorsement from Paul Ryan, Mark Green, and Bob Kasten in Janesville, Wisconsin
Barnstorming in Madison, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan, Mark Green, and Bob Kasten
Press Conference in Madison, Wisconsin
Town Hall in Waukesha, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan, Mark Green, and Bob Kasten
Meet and Greet in Racine, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan, Mark Green, and Bob Kasten
Town Hall in Kenosha, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan, Mark Green, and Bob Kasten
Meet and Greet in Beloit, Wisconsin with Paul Ryan, Mark Green, and Bob Kasten

"I'm running as the candidate who has the willpower to change America for the better. That requires having strong convictions and strong beliefs. I will not budge on an Ameriacns right to bear arms, my main opponent in this race does. I will not budge on defending all aspects of the American family, my main opponent in this race does. All of these beliefs are important to the voters, and they are why I think our campaign has gained traction, and will win not only the primary election but the general election."

February 16th, 2004:
Media Appearances
Meet and Greet in Prarie Du Chien, Wisconsin with John Engler, Tommy Thompson, and Paul Ryan
Meet and Greet in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin with John Engler, Tommy Thompson, and Paul Ryan
Town Hall in La Crosse, Wisconsin with John Engler, Tommy Thompson, and Paul Ryan
Meet and Greet in Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin with John Engler, Tommy Thompson, and Paul Ryan
Town Hall in Wausau, Wisconsin with John Engler, Tommy Thompson, and Paul Ryan

"Government borrows too much, spends too much, and does too little. We need small, efficient Government. That's why we need to reform social security, cut taxes, reform welfare, and downsize education responsibilities to the states. I sincerely believe that if the Republican electorate picks a nominee who stands for nothing, we can fall for anything. I stand for common sense conservatism, and we can win on that stance, I sincerely believe it!"

February 17th, 2004:
Organized GOTV across the state
Victory Party in Janesville, Wisconsin
Super Tuesday Strategy Meeting post-election
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #541 on: May 14, 2014, 08:05:49 PM »

Super Tuesday Surrogates

Maryland - Pierre DuPont*, Michael Castle, Pat Buchanan, Bob Goodlatte, Lindsey Graham
Georgia - Dick Armey*, Arthur Ravenel*, Tom Coburn, Mary Fallin, Zell Miller, Pat Robertson
Massachussets - Andy Card
Connecticut - Craig Benson
New York - Bill Kristol*
California - Jon Kyl, Bob Bennett, Mike Crapo

All of the following people are barnstorming in these states unless otherwise marked. The Allen campaign is moving focus toward Super Tuesday states, including building up a base in the state of California. They are hard working but nevertheless optimistic in Wisconsin, and thus putting their eggs in other baskets.

* means they're fundraising
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #542 on: May 14, 2014, 08:27:08 PM »

February 24th: Contests Polling

Hawaii: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 39%
George Allen: 29%
Gary Johnson: 26%
Undecided: 6%

Hawaii: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 29%
Joe Biden: 25%
John Edwards: 20%
Dennis Kucinich: 20%

Idaho: Republicans
George Allen: 41%
Rudy Giuliani: 25%
Undecided: 8%

Idaho: Democrats
Joe Biden: 28%
Hillary Clinton: 26%
John Edwards: 21%
Dennis Kucinich: 19%

Utah: Republicans
George Allen: 39%
Rudy Giuliani: 29%
Undecided: 9%

Utah: Democrats
Joe Biden: 27%
John Edwards: 19%
Dennis Kucinich: 16%
Undecided: 9%
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #543 on: May 14, 2014, 09:55:01 PM »

Excerpt of the Madison Press Conference

Reporter #1: "Polls show you definitively behind Mayor Giuliani amongst Moderate Republicans. Do you think that's an issue, and if so, is there a way to repair that bridge?"

George Allen: "Absolutely. I am a textbook conservative, but I believe in common sense policies. I don't think, for example, we should be privatizing every which way as some in the party want to do. The government has essential functions. I would also like them to note my tax policies are actually revenue neutral - we lower taxes, but we also remove tax breaks for everyone and we account for increased job growth. The fact is, I think the policies of a George Allen administration will get everyone on board. Now, to answer the first question, I think it's a smaller issue, but I think, as this campaign has been going on, these voters are seeing this campaign as the one that is ready to lead on day one, and more of them will be hopping on board the Allen train. Moderate Republicans and Conservative Republicans agree on a lot of issues, but most importantly, both want serious leadership, and that is what I bring."

Reporter #2: "Senator Joe Biden has introduced legislation to raise the minimum wage. Would you support any sort of minimum wage increase, and if not, why not?"

George Allen: "Let me answer that by saying I think we should not be laying more costs onto new businesses. Every year, we put out thousands and thousands of pages of new regulations, and that strangles small businesses and hurts the middle class. With that being said, I wouldn't say no entirely to the idea of raising the minimum wage. I think American workers could use a boost. However, the bill in question would need to strike a balance between growing small businesses and helping working class Americans, and the current bill in question is not so nuanced. I am working with Senator Rick Santorum on a minimum wage bill that will reach an agreement on the issue."

Reporter #3: "Why do you believe you are the best to lead on terrorism, with Iraq popularity going down and the Rumsfeld endorsement going from a positive to a negative?"

George Allen: "Well you finish off the question with an inaccuracy: the Rumsfeld endorsement is never a negative. The man is an accomplished foreign policy leader and I believe he did the right things moving forward in Iraq. I will be the first one to say that not everything we did is right, but I agree with one thing Colin Powell said: now we must fix it. I will push for a troop surge to encourage stability in Iraq. We have to stay the course, and I believe sincerely in that. The fact that the Democratic Party is willing to use the war as a political prop is despicable and I think our men and women and uniform would not appreciate it."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #544 on: May 14, 2014, 10:44:29 PM »
« Edited: May 15, 2014, 05:42:27 AM by NHI »

Super Tuesday Polling:

California:
Democrats: Lean Clinton

Dennis Kucinich: 19%

Republicans: Solid Giuliani
Rudy Giuliani: 46%
George Allen: 31%
Gary Johnson: 16%

Connecticut:

Hillary Clinton: 33%
Joe Biden: 24%
John Edwards: 17%
Dennis Kucinich: 13%

Rudy Giuliani: 48%
George Allen: 27%
Gary Johnson: 19%

Georgia:
Democrats: Tossup

Hillary Clinton: 27%
John Edwards: 27%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%

Republicans: Solid Allen
George Allen: 40%
Rudy Giuliani: 30%

Maryland:
Democrats: Lean Biden

Joe Biden: 29%
Hillary Clinton: 26%
Dennis Kucinich: 22%
John Edwards: 15%

Republicans: Tossup
Rudy Giuliani: 39%
George Allen: 38%

Massachusetts
Democrats: Lean Biden

Joe Biden: 30%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%
John Edwards: 17%

Rudy Giuliani: 49%
George Allen: 24%
Gary Johnson: 20%

Minnesota:

Dennis Kucinich: 22%

George Allen: 33%
Rudy Giuliani: 32%

New York:
Democrats: Solid Clinton

Hillary Clinton: 69%
Joe Biden: 11%
Dennis Kucinich: 7%
John Edwards: 7%

Rudy Giuliani: 72%
George Allen: 12%
Gary Johnson: 10%

Ohio:

Hillary Clinton: 24%
Dennis Kucinich: 23%

George Allen: 35%
Rudy Giuliani: 34%

Rhode Island:

Dennis Kucinich: 24%

Rudy Giuliani: 49%
George Allen: 27%
Gary Johnson: 17%

Vermont:

Dennis Kucinich: 26%
Hillary Clinton: 24%

Rudy Giuliani: 51%
Gary Johnson: 25%
George Allen: 17%

Solid Clinton: 1 (NY)
Lean Clinton: 3 (CA/MN/CT)

Solid Biden: 0
Lean Biden: 2 (MA/MD)

Solid Giuliani: 6 (CA/CT/MA/NY/RI/VT)
Lean Giuliani: 0

Solid Allen: 1 (GA)
Lean Allen: 0

Tossup DEMOCRATS: GA/OH/RI/VT
Tossup REPUBLICANS: MD/MN/OH

National Polling: Democrats
Joe Biden: 26%
Dennis Kucinich: 21%

Republicans:
Rudy Giuliani: 36%
George Allen: 35%
Gary Johnson: 25%
Undecided: 4%
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #545 on: May 14, 2014, 11:13:52 PM »

George Allen: 33%
Rudy Giuliani: 32%
Rudy Giuliani: 26%

Erm....
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #546 on: May 14, 2014, 11:16:19 PM »

^Makes sense to me Wink
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #547 on: May 15, 2014, 10:02:24 AM »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton

February 15, 2004

GOTV in North Bay, Wisconsin

Speech at Memorial Hall, Racine Wisconsin (With Barbara Lawton)

Everyone knows that I hate to admit I was wrong on anything, but the reality is when I voted for the PATRIOT act, I was wrong. Your Senator Russ Feingold, was right to think that this would be abused. And the fact is it's been abused worse than he, or any other Senator or Congressman could have predicted, which is why at this moment I am calling for the resignation of Attorney General John Ashcroft and Solicitor General Theodore Olson, two individuals responsible for assisting in the crafting of the PATRIOT act, and in putting politics ahead of sound, reasonable law at the Justice Department. 

Speech at Carthage College, Kenosha, Wisconsin

Tom Ridge claims that "they don't do politics at the Department of Homeland Security". Well we see through your BS. We see that the color-coded threat system has never dropped below the level of elevated. We see that the color-coded system has been raised back and forth between elevated and high, six times since October. If that isn't political I don't know what is, and that is why I must insist on Homeland Security Secretary Tom Ridge's resignation, because he clearly is playing politics with the Department of Homeland Security and thus with the lives of our citizens

GOTV in Genoa City, Wisconsin

GOTV in Whitewater, Wisconsin

GOTV in Elkhorn, Wisconsin

February 16/Presidents Day

Rally at Miller Park, Milwaukee Wisconsin

On a day in which we honor our Presidents, it's almost time for Wisconsin voters to help choose the next one. And it will be a difficult choice. We have "America's Mayor", who's been doing well so far and looks for a Super Tuesday knockout, even as I believe that if wanted a Republican nomination, he should have run against Senator Schumer. We have George Allen, who has legislative and executive experience, from Virginia, and we have Gary Johnson, who's the New Mexico Governor everyone thought wouldn't run. On our side of the coin we have yours truly, Joe Biden, who's 1988 run is looking like a distant memory, John Edwards, Who really should be running for re-election and Dennis Kucinich, who's put up the best candidacy for someone with his point of view since George McGovern back in 1972. The choice will be difficult, but as long you believe you made the right choice that's all that matters.

Run Celebrity Sausage race, Miller Park, Milwaukee (For Planned Parenthood) (As the Bratwurst, with Eliot Spitzer as the Polish Sausage, Houston Nutt as the Hot Dog and Ikue Otani as the Italian Sausage)

GOTV in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

February 17, 2004

GOTV, Green Bay, Wisconsin

GOTV, Madison, Wisconsin

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #548 on: May 15, 2014, 10:50:46 AM »

OOC: That isn't great for me, but I've seen worse. If I win Wisconsin, then winning all the toss-ups and upsetting in California is my hope.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #549 on: May 15, 2014, 11:47:07 PM »
« Edited: May 16, 2014, 12:25:58 AM by badgate »

Biden Campaign

February 15, 2004 Wisconsin & Minnesota
-8:15am - Meet and Greet with neighborhood volunteer team leaders from Madison, Fitchburg, Sun Prarie, Burke, Middleton, Stoughton, Evansville, and Verona. With Rep. Tammy Baldwin, Sen. Kohl & Gov. Doyle
-9:00am - Rally at University of Wisconsin-Madison with Rep. Tammy Baldwin, Sen. Kohl, and Gov. Doyle. Sen. Kohl & Rep. Baldwin endorse Biden for President

Excerpts from UWM Speech
I am honored to be endorsed by Wisconsin's first congresswoman. (applause) And moreso, to have the support of the House's first openly gay member. (applause)

Wisconsin has a history of respect for each other. First in the nation, here, in 1982, this state passed what is known nationally as the Employment Non-Discrimination Act. It protects our relatives, our friends and neighbors from workplace discrimination. While this just cause fell by the wayside under Clinton's leadership, I pledge today that it will not be forgotten under mine. (applause)

-10:10am - Town Hall in Fitchburg, with Rep. Baldwin, Sen. Kohl, & Gov. Doyle
-11:10am - Barnstorm in Middleton, with Rep. Baldwin, Sen. Kohl, & Gov. Doyle
-12:00pm - Barnstorm in Sun Prairie, with Rep. Baldwin, Sen. Kohl, & Gov. Doyle
-1:10pm - Barnstorm in Windsor/De Forest, with Rep. Baldwin, Sen. Kohl, & Gov. Doyle
-2:10pm - Town Hall in Burke, with Rep. Baldwin, Sen. Kohl, & Gov. Doyle
-2:45-4:00pm - Fly from Madison to Eau Claire
-4:15pm - Meet & Greet with neighborhood volunteer team leaders from Eau Claire, Menomonie, River Falls, Beloit, Onalaska, and La Crosse.
-4:30pm -  Rally in Eau Claire, with Rep. Ron Kind, Sen. Kohl, & Gov. Doyle. Rep. Kind endorses Biden for President
-5:15pm -  Barnstorm in Menomonie, with Rep. Kind, Sen. Kohl, & Gov. Doyle
-6:40pm - Town Hall in River Falls, with Rep. Kind, Sen. Kohl, & Gov Doyle
-7:45pm - Rally in St. Paul, with Sen. Mark Dayton, Rep. Betty McCollum and Mayor Randy Kelly. Rep. McCollum, Sen. Dayton, and Mayor Kelly endorse Biden for President
-8:45pm - Rally in Minneapolis, with Sen. Mark Dayton, Rep. Marton Olav Sabo and Mayor R. T. Rybak. Rep. Sabo, Sen. Dayton and Mayor Rybak endorse Biden for President

(local affiliates invited to every stop)

February 16, 2004 Wisconsin
-7:30am - Meet & Greet with campaign volunteers at Superior Municipal Forest
-8:15am - Meet & Greet at Anchor Bar & Grill in Superior with Sen. Kohl
-10:00-11:30am - Fly from Superior to Wausau
-11:45am - Rally in Wausau, with Sen. Kohl
-12:30pm - Town Hall in Weston, with Sen. Kohl
-1:15pm - Town Hall in Mosinee, with Sen. Kohl
-2:45pm - Town Hall in Marshfield, with Sen. Kohl
-4:00pm - Barnstorm and GOTV in Stevens Point, with Sen. Kohl
-5:00pm - Town Hall in Wisconsin Rapids, with Sen. Kohl
-6:50pm - Rally in Oshkosh with Sen. Kohl, Reps. Kind & Baldwin, and Gov. Doyle
-7:40pm - Rally and GOTV in Appleton with Sen. Kohl, Reps. Kind & Baldwin, and Gov. Doyle
-9:00pm - Rally in Green Bay with Sen Kohl, Reps. Kind & Baldwin, and Gov. Doyle (PLEASE NOTE: this is the only event where Biden dons the cheese hat.)

Excerpt from Rally, Barnstorm, & Town Halls
You may have heard by now, a little about my Senate record. I'm working hard to make sure the grassroots decision-makers in this primary, folks like you, that you know what I've done in the Senate and why it makes me the only qualified candidate for President. When the SALT treaty for arms control fell apart in the late 70s, I personally met with Russia's Foreign Minister and worked out a compromise so that our world would be safer. I stood up against President Reagan's attempts to violate the second SALT treaty. In 1994 President Clinton signed a sweeping crime bill into law that was drafted by my office. In that same year I wrote and passed the Violence Against Women Act, making sure America is a safe haven from gender-based hate crimes.

Last week, I introduced a bill to the Senate to raise the minimum wage, something desperately needing to be done here in Wisconsin. It will grow our economy and bring millions out of poverty and closer to a standard of living. In a matter of days, my leadership inspired Senator Edwards and Congressman Kucinich to follow my lead in support of raising the wage. I am sorry to say, however, it took Senator Clinton days to respond. For five days, she was ignoring the hardworking among us and only responded because we got to a point where she had to. Look, I believe the President should be a leader, first and foremost.

The challenges we face in the next four years are not insurmountable. We can end the war in Iraq and fulfill the responsibilities expected of a global leader by holding fair and free elections and stabilizing their government. We can restore the international prestige of our name. We can raise the minimum wage so that work pays fairly and ensure the work place is a level playing field. But "can" is for the runners up. Vote for me, and we will.

February 17, 2004 Wisconsin
-6:45am - Pre-tape interview with WakeUp Wisconsin (covering Washua; "North Central Wisconsin" area)
-7:20am - Live Satellite interview with WMTV Morning Show (Madison & surrounding areas)
-7:45am - Live in-studio interview with The Morning Blend (covering Milwaukee & surrounding areas)
-9:00am - Meet & Greet followed by pep talk for GOTV volunteers in Milwaukee
-9:45am - Barnstorm and GOTV in Milwaukee
-10:30am - Barnstorm and GOTV in Oak Creek
-11:20am - Barnstorm and GOTV in Greenfield/Greendale
-12:00pm - Barnstorm and GOTV in New Berlin
-12:50pm - Barnstorm and GOTV in Waukesha
-2:00pm - Barnstorm and GOTV in Brookfield
-2:45pm - Barnstorm and GOTV in Wauwatosa
-3:30pm - Barnstorm and GOTV in West Allis
-4:30-7:30pm - Barnstorm and GOTV in Shorewood, Whitefish Bay, Glendale, Mequon, Menomonee Falls, & West Bend
-9:45pm - Victory/Concession speech in Milwaukee

-Rep. Baldwin - GOTV in WI-2
-Rep. Kind - GOTV in WI-3
-Gov. Doyle - GOTV in Milwaukee & surrounding towns
-Sen. Kohl - GOTV in Oshkosh, Appleton, Wausau, & Green Bay

ooc: On the score of endorsements, please remember Kohl and Dayton already announced one or more turns ago, but I wanted them to do it in person which is why they're listed as endorsing in bold up there on the schedule.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies