2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:55:32 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154443 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #825 on: May 29, 2014, 06:22:24 AM »
« edited: May 29, 2014, 09:53:50 AM by NHI »

Breaking News: Gary Johnson to Run as Libertarian

Gary Johnson announced that he will be running as an independent through the Libertarian Party. He blasted the three remaining candidates, "We have a Republican nominee who supports big government, the overreaching PATRIOT act, and increased gun control. On the democratic side, we have two senators who have constantly voted on measure that continue to spiral our country into debt, and voted for more control and government in our personal lives!" Johnson announced Former Minnesota Governor Jesse Ventura as his running mate.

Johnson's decision to run as third party does not come as a great surprise to many, given his frustrations with presumptive Republican nominee Rudy Giuliani and the current state of the Republican Party. How competitive Johnson will be in the general election remains to be seen.

General Election Poll: (Post-Johnson Announcement)

Rudy Giuliani: 47%
Joe Biden: 46%
Gary Johnson: 3%

John Edwards: 45%
Gary Johnson: 3%
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #826 on: May 29, 2014, 09:09:47 AM »

He's starting numbers should be stronger, considering he was so competitive in the race for President.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #827 on: May 29, 2014, 10:19:22 AM »

He's starting numbers should be stronger, considering he was so competitive in the race for President.

Even if he'll only end up pulling 1% of the vote (and I'd think he'd be able to get more), polls usually see third parties overperform.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #828 on: May 29, 2014, 05:05:46 PM »

Giuliani Campaign TV and Radio Ads, Running in the following states:

A Strong Record
Mayor Giuliani has a strong record, and he stands by it. As an Assistant Attorney General, he fought organized crime. As Mayor, he helped bring down the Gambino crime family. Under his tenure jobs were created across the board in New York City, and a budget deficit was turned around into a budget surplus. On 9/11 Mayor Giuliani helped our nation recover and build itself back up. Rudy Giuliani - A strong man with a strong record of progress and success. Paid for by the Committee To Elect Rudy Giuliani.

Compassionate Conservatism
Mayor Giuliani is a believer in smaller, more efficient government. He believes in personal moderation and the success of private enterprise. But he also believes that it's a primary job of the government to provide for it's citizens. Provide security abroad, safety at home, and some economic assistance if you fall on a rough patch. That's compassionate conservatism, that's Rudy Giuliani's conservatism. Paid for by the Committee To Elect Rudy Giuliani.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #829 on: May 29, 2014, 07:10:18 PM »

Giuliani Campaign GOTV Strategy (March 3rd to March 9th)

Our hard work last week paid off. We swept the field on Super Tuesday and clinched the nomination. This was because of the hard work of our surrogates and volunteers across the nation. Congratulations and thank you to everyone.

Although we've won the nomination, we cannot rest on our laurels. Although we're leading both Senator Biden and Senator Edwards, we cannot let up. A strong game early on, leading into the General Election, results in a strong finish. We do not want a repeat of 2004.

We are running a 50 State Strategy. The campaign is not going to focus on the "swing states" determined by the media. Mayor Giuliani believes that every voter in every state of every region is valuable and important. We hope to put states like California, New York, Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Minnesota into play. This is going to take a lot of work but I know that we can do this.

We should focus on positioning ourselves for the General Election. We need to begin to blend our resources and volunteers with those of the RNC, which expands our outreach and financial abilities. These next few weeks are going to be critical. If we can mesh with the RNC well the wind will be in our sails. If not, we're going up a creek.

The Chamber of Commerce and International Association of Fire Fighters are funding two massive ad buys, running the ads "A Strong Record" and "Compassionate Conservatism" across the nation. These two ads set the tone for our campaign going forward and help establish the image we want voters to have of Mayor Giuliani. Volunteers and surrogates should stress the terms "compassionate conservatism", "proven leader", and "trusted" when asked to describe Mayor Giuliani.

Surrogates are being a more relaxed schedule for the time being, so that they may focus on their own campaigns at home. In the state of Utah, volunteers should reach out to Governor Olene Walker's campaign and see how they can assist the Governor in her re-election bid. Surrogates should still tout Mayor Giuliani's record of accomplishment and success when campaigning, but should also spend some time focusing on their own races. President Giuliani won't be able to govern without a strong team of Republicans from the across the nation in office.

When asked why voters should support Mayor Giuliani over Senators Biden or Edwards volunteers and surrogates should mention the following points:
- Mayor Giuliani lead a city larger, in population, than 39 states while Senators Biden and Edwards have no executive experience.
- Mayor Giuliani fought organized crime as Mayor and will make America's streets safer.
- Mayor Giuliani has hands on experience in leading during crises and can easily respond to any challenges that he may face as President.
- Senator Biden, although a long-time Senator, is known for his off-the-cuff remarks and one never knows what is going to coming out. This could be detrimental during high-stakes discussions with world leaders. Mayor Giuliani has great connections with foreign leaders, such as Queen Elizabeth II, President Jacques Chirac, and Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.
- Senator Edwards has only one term of experience as a Senator, while Mayor Giuliani led New York for 7 years and was forced out by term limits.

When asked about Governor Gary Johnson's Libertarian Party bid treat it as a joke and hit on the phrase "radical alternative". Mention that his policies on the Patriot Act and the War on Terror are dangerous and reckless. Also mention that a vote for Johnson is just like a vote for either Senators Biden or Edwards in that in detracts from a Giuliani Victory.

This is our first real test as a national campaign. Before this moment we went state by state, primary by primary, caucus by caucus. Now we've got to prove that we can handle this, we have the support of national Republicans, and we've mended our bridges with Senator Allen. Let's show ourselves as a unifying force, uniting the party behind Mayor Giuliani.

Good luck,
Mary Matalin,
Campaign Director.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #830 on: May 29, 2014, 10:19:20 PM »

March 9th Polling:

American Samoa: Tossup
John Edwards: 48%
Joe Biden: 48%
Undecided: 4%

Florida: Lean Edwards
John Edwards: 49%
Undecided: 5%

Louisiana: Lean Edwards
John Edwards: 50%
Joe Biden: 47%

Mississippi: Tossup
Joe Biden: 49%
John Edwards: 47%

Texas: Lean Biden
Joe Biden: 51%
John Edwards: 44%

Upcoming Contests:

Kansas:March 13
Undecided: 8%

Illinois: March 16
Undecided: 10%

Alaska: March 20
John Edwards: 49%
Joe Biden: 43%

Wyoming: March 20
Joe Biden: 50%
Undecided: 6%

Colorado: April 13
John Edwards: 46%

Democratic Nomination Polling: Biden +2
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #831 on: May 30, 2014, 02:33:39 PM »

Reminder This Round Closes Tonight at 11:59 PM EST

Thanks -- NHI
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #832 on: May 30, 2014, 08:20:53 PM »

Excerpt From "Fox News Sunday" Interview (March 7th, 2004)

Chris Wallace: Now we welcome Mayor Rudy Giuliani to the program. Thank you for joining me today, Mr. Mayor, I know you have a busy day planned.
Rudy Giuliani: It comes with the territory of being a Presidential Nominee, Chris.
Wallace: Earlier this week, in your campaign's GOTV strategy report, Mary Matalin said that you're running a "50 State Strategy" for your campaign. Why?
Giuliani: Mary said it best in the report, I firmly believe that every voter matters - whether they live in Texas, Utah, New York, and Massachusetts. Rather than falling into the "Swing State Strategy" formed in the 1980s, we're opening up a lot more paths to victory than are traditionally available. I think, with some work, we can carry New York, Pennsylvania, and Michigan and put California and Minnesota into play.
Wallace: Do you think that doing a 50 State Strategy is something you can actually accomplish?
Giuliani: Of coarse, Chris. We sat down at a campaign team meeting in the early days of the campaign and decided on it. I pledge to visit all 50 states between the beginning of the primaries and the election in November. We're on track to do it. I think once we get out there and we spread the message of compassionate conservatism to all voters, we have a great shot of making in-roads into normally Democratic states.
Wallace: You've been cited as a likely Vice President for President Bush. Has he talked to you about this and would you accept the post?
Giuliani: I have a meeting with President Bush on the 9th at the White House. We're going to talk about uniting the Republican Party around my candidacy to succeed him. If he asks me to join him in the White House, he will. I said it before - I'm focused on this campaign, but if the President calls on me to serve our nation I will.
Wallace: Thank you for joining me, Mayor Giuliani. For everyone here at Fox News and Fox News Sunday, I'm Chris Wallace. Be sure to tune in next week to discuss the 2004 Veepstakes, the Democratic Primary, and all kinds of breaking news.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #833 on: May 30, 2014, 08:30:27 PM »

Radio and Mail ad to be distributed/played in following states:

Rudy Giuliani, John Edwards and Joe Biden all support increased gun control, both Senator Edwards and Senator Biden have a voting record that does not support the second amendment, Mayor Giuliani has constantly come out in favor of increased gun control and as Mayor made New York City one of hardest places to acquire a legal firearm. There is only one candidate that stands for your right to bear arms, and that is Governor Gary Johnson. He as governor of New Mexico, stood for the second amendment. Vote for your rights this November, vote Gary Johnson. Paid for and distributed by the NRA.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #834 on: May 30, 2014, 10:33:26 PM »

John Edwards Campaign: March 3rd - March 9th

I was saddened to hear of Senator Clinton's departure from the race. I wish the President the best of luck in his surgery - I certainly understand what it's like to have to put ambition aside to focus on health.

March 3rd: Central Florida
Town hall in Ft. Myers with Senator Bob Graham
Rally in Tampa with Rep. Jim Davis and Senator Bob Graham
Glad to have Jim Davis here with us today. Jim's a good guy, centrist, moderate, the kind of guy who can work together with others to get things done in Washington. That's the sort of attitude I want to see in DC - we can work together to pass stuff and make this country better.
Meet and greet in St. Leo
Rally in Orlando with Gov. Buddy MacKay and Senator Bob Graham
Meet and greet in Winter Park
Town hall in Melbourne with Senator Bob Graham

This speech will form the basis of John's speech at the other rallies, and will be expanded on in the coming days.
Nearly a majority of the American people say they'll be deciding this election based on terrorism, deciding who gets their vote on who will be most effective at keeping this country safe. And they're correct in doing so. This election should be decided on who has the best policies for fighting terror. We need a bold new approach—one that is smart, tough, and targeted. This will require us to look beyond the structures of World War II and the Cold War to new tools that will allow us to target terrorism more precisely. It will require sustained U.S. leadership—but the kind that leverages the power of partnerships, rather than goes it alone. President Bush's approach to terrorism hasn't removed Al Qaeda from Pakistan, hasn't removed the Taliban from Afghanistan, hasn't worked to solve our vulnerabilities in Europe and here at home. We need to replace our war on terror with a new, real, comprehensive strategy to ensure that intelligence is used to root out and shut down the scourge of terrorism and to unite the world against violent extremism. We must match 21st century threats with 21st century tactics and replace Cold War thinking, designed to defeat a single, implacable enemy, with new world thinking for a multi-national, diverse, and often hidden foe.

Our focus needs to be on emerging terrorists threats - rooting them out and shutting them down. The synergy between intelligence and partner cooperation are central to this goal. America cannot root out and shut down terrorist cells alone. We face the threat of homegrown radical extremism here at home, and we and our allies are also under threat from cells abroad, whether located in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Indonesia, or Europe. Repairing our strategic partnerships and strengthening cooperation between U.S. law enforcement and national security agencies and those of our friends and partners around the world is key to effective counterterrorism.

As President, I will lead a new global compact against terrorism. It's a global problem, and the entire world community has an interest in defeating terrorism. As President, I will create what I call CITO - the Counterterrorism and Intelligence Treaty Organization, focusing on high-level political and diplomatic engagement between a wide range of nation partners on all dimensions of the problem of terrorism, and operational programs like intelligence-sharing and cooperative security operations by partner nations. This will include partners from all continents to cooperate on sharing and improving intelligence and security against terrorist cells, while respecting individual nations' sovereignty and security interests. We need to transcend the UN Security Council, Interpol, and NATO - institutions of an earlier age - build on them, and meet today's new threats by sharing intelligence, financial, police and customs and immigration data, more than currently exists, to enable member nations to track down terrorists nodes of support, travel, communication, recruiting, training and financing. We'll also establish allied response cells to work on intelligence and security assessments to take action against imminent terrorists threats. That's a comprehensive plan that'll greatly contribute to American security.

March 4th: North Florida
Meet and greet in DeLand
Town hall in Gainesville with Rep. Karen Thurman and Senator Bob Graham
I'm glad to have Karen here with us on the Edwards campaign. Rep. Thurman served well in Congress, advocating for many of the issues that are key to me - helping lower the costs of accessing healthcare and prescription drugs, reducing taxes, working on the ag committee - things that help ordinary hard-working Americans.
Rally in Jacksonville with Gov. Buddy MacKay and Senator Bob Graham
Rally in Tallahassee with Rep. Allen Boyd and Senator Bob Graham
Town hall in Pensacola with Senator Bob Graham

One of the keys to preventing terror is human intelligence.We need to be able to root out terrorist cells across the world in order to support our operations and those of our partners and allies. How many of you out there are FSU students? Y'all want scholarships, right? As President, I'll establish 1,000 new two-year, $20000 annual scholarships to improve language skills in Arabic and Middle Eastern dialects, for students who agree to go into careers in intelligence and diplomacy. Fighting terror starts with understanding the threats that face us.

March 5th: New Orleansish
Rally in New Orleans with Sen. John Breaux and Rep. Chris John
Town hall in Metairie with Sen. John Breaux
Meet and greet in St. Rose
Meet and greet in Thibodaux

One of the things I've noticed on the Senate Intelligence Committee is that a lot of agencies lack guidance on how to support counter-terror abroad, and there's very few standards in place to judge whether our current support operations are effective. Within six months of my election, I'll direct the Secretary of State and the Attorney General to launch comprehensive Counter-Terrorism Support Strategies. I'll appoint professional diplomats, and put them in charge of implementing these support strategies, and coordinating law enforcement, intelligence, and other programs in their countries.

March 6th: Louisiana
Meet and greet in Hammond
Rally in Baton Rouge with Sen. John Breaux and Rep. Chris John
Town hall in Lafayette with Rep. Chris John
Town hall in Lake Charles with Rep. Chris John

One of the most important things we can do for fighting terror is improving our energy security. Reducing reliance on oil from unstable parts of the world will force those regimes to diversify and modernize their economies and societies. As President, I'll create a new energy economy fund, raise fuel economy standards, open the electric grid to competition, and invest in renewable energy. Ultimately, focusing on green energy and fighting climate change reduces the chance of the global disruptions climate change can cause - disruptions that can lead to millions of refugees, creating new breeding grounds for desperate radicalism.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #835 on: May 30, 2014, 10:34:15 PM »
« Edited: May 30, 2014, 10:55:56 PM by Senator Meiji (D-NC) »

March 7th: Upstate
Meet and greet in Natchitoches with Gen. Wesley Clark
Meet and greet in Monroe with Rep. Rodney Alexander
Meet and greet in Ruston with Rep. Rodney Alexander
I was honored today to receive the endorsement of Representative Alexander, who's been doing a great job representing Louisiana in Washington. Sometimes he does stuff that the establishment doesn't like, yeah, but he always stands with the people of this great state.
Meet and greet in Grambling with Rep. Rodney Alexander
Rally in Shreveport with Sen. John Breaux and Rep. Chris John

I will state this now and state it definitively: any international transfer of weapons of mass destruction or unauthorized material that could be used to create WMDs is unacceptable. As President, I'll strengthen multilateral efforts like the Proliferation Security Initiatve and Comprehensive Threat Reduction program to improve cooperation to identify and interdict weapons of mass destruction being transferred from hostile nations to terrorist organizations. I'll also accelerate efforts to provide financial and technical assistance to safeguard nuclear facilities, nuclear scientists, and borders in states that need it.

March 8th: Western Mississippi
Meet and greet in Cleveland with Gen. Wesley Clark
Meet and greet in Itta Bena with Gen. Wesley Clark
Meet and greet in Lorman with Gen. Wesley Clark
Town hall in Clinton with Gov. Ronnie Musgrove
Rally in Jackson with Gov. Ronnie Musgrove

I truly respect Mayor Giuliani for his leadership during 9/11. Failing to uncover the plot, and failure to stop it, cost the lives of thousands of good Americans. But we can't keep focusing on the past - we need to focus on what we can do to prevent that from happening ever again. As President, I'll demand that the Director of National Intelligence take concrete steps to integrate and transform our intelligence community. I'll also create a Deputy Director, responsible for coordinating information-sharing and joint operations between federal, state, and local law enforcement agencies.

But that focus on intelligence here shouldn't mean that we threaten our own Muslim community. We do need to ensure that extremism does not take root here, but that doesn't mean we can abuse their civil liberties, and it is not a call for profiling. We must encourage the participation of American Muslims in public life. As President, I'll create new resources to engage the American Muslim community, to help local mosques counter extremist ideas, and to work to identify and isolate threats before they materialize.

March 9th: Eastern Mississippi
Town hall in Hattiesburg with Rep. Ronnie Shows
I was proud today to pick up Rep. Shows' endorsement - y'all remember Ronnie, represented here for four years. Good man. Great to have him here with us - cause he lives in Bassfield, and Bassfield's a town of 300-odd people. Really shows we have the support of small-town America.
Meet and greet in Columbus with Gen. Wesley Clark
Meet and greet in Starkville with Gen. Wesley Clark
Meet and greet in Oxford with Gen. Wesley Clark

Media buy for Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, and American Samoa.

New Ad: Right

(John VO): I was born 50 years ago to a family with little material wealth, but a belief that in America anything is possible.
When people doubted I'd become a lawyer or get elected to the United States Senate, I proved them wrong and I won. So when they say I can't change Washington, I say I'm not owned by anybody. I've never taken a dime from a Washington lobbyist and I never will. I'll be your president, not theirs - who won't tell you what's wrong with every other candidate but do what's right for America. I'm John Edwards and I approve this message.

New Ad: 30 Years

(Elizabeth VO): I have been blessed for the last 30 years to be married to the most optimistic person that I have ever met. But at the same time he has an unbelievable toughness, particularly about other people and that is his ability to fight for them. You’re not going to outsmart him. He works harder than any human being that I know, always has. It’s unbelievably important that in our president we have someone who can stare the worst in the face and not blink.
(John VO): I'm John Edwards and I approve this message.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #836 on: May 30, 2014, 11:08:43 PM »

Round VIII: March 10-16
The March 13th Kansas Caucus Results will be announced on the 16th (Illinois Primary)

American Samoa:
√ Joe Biden: 51.0% (6)
John Edwards: 49.0%

Florida:
√ John Edwards: 49.2% (122)
Joe Biden: 48.5%
Other: 2.3%

Louisiana:
√ John Edwards: 52.5% (52)
Joe Biden: 46.8%
Other: 0.7%

Mississippi:
√ Joe Biden: 51.8% (33)
John Edwards: 47.3%
Other: 0.9%

Texas:
√ Joe Biden: 54.9% (73)
John Edwards: 44.6%
Other: 0.5%

Hillary Clinton: 966
John Edwards: 824
Joe Biden: 490
Dennis Kucinich: 168

BREAKING NEWS: √ RUDY GIULIANI WINS ENOUGH DELEGATES FOR GOP NOD  FLORIDA PUT HIM OVER THE TOP

What a night! Joe Biden won an impressive showing winning of the five contests, including the state of Texas, where he defeated John Edwards by ten points. Biden even upset Edwards with a narrow in Mississippi and collected a large chunk of delegates. John Edwards walked away with wins in Louisiana, a state he expected to carry and Florida, though by a narrower margin what was anticipated. Both candidates walked away big wins (Texas and Florida) and now the race shifts to the next phase. Biden currently trails Edwards by 334 delegates, but still leads in him national polling for the Democratic nomination.

The race for the Democratic nomination continues on between Biden and Edwards. The former seems to be appealing directly to the heart of the Democratic Base, while Edwards taking a more centrist approach. Both look to be strong general election candidates, but some pundits believe Biden would fare better against Giuliani than Edwards, given his strength on the stump and potential for crossover appeal

In other news Rudy Giuliani secured enough delegates to be nominated at the Republican Convention in August. The Former New York Mayor went over the top by winning the Florida Primary. He now readies for the selection of his running mate and preparation for the general election against either Biden or Edwards and Gary Johnson.

BREAKING NEWS: Bush set to Announce Pick for VP  Source Close to White House says Rudy Giuliani will be tapped

March 13th and 16th Contests:

Kansas: March 13th
John Edwards: 46%

Illinois: March 16th

This Round will close on Monday at 12:01 AM EST
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #837 on: May 30, 2014, 11:12:45 PM »

GIULIANI TO BE TAPPED FOR VICE PRESIDENT
BREAKING NEWS: Pres. Bush Picks Mayor Rudy Giuliani for VP

President Bush will announce in a joint meeting with Rudy Giuliani at the White House, that he has been selected to succeed Dick Cheney for Vice President. The move comes as Giuliani officially secures enough delegates to win the Republican nomination. The pick was widely expected, given Giuliani is now the standard bearer of the Republican Party and by tapping him for Vice President, Bush not only succeeds in uniting the Republican Party behind Giuliani, he also gives him a leg up over his two Democratic rivals Senators Joe Biden and John Edwards.
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #838 on: May 30, 2014, 11:49:38 PM »

Wouldn't this be seen as kinda a blatant power-grab on the part of Giuliani and the GOP?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #839 on: May 31, 2014, 01:13:23 AM »

Bush Taps Giuliani for VP

"...I have selected Mayor Rudy Giuliani to be the next Vice President of the United States. He is a man of great character and is resolute in his beliefs and commitment to keeping America free and strong. His leadership in New York, in the aftermath of September 11th, calmed a shaken country and showed an unsure world that America will not falter and will not fail...I ask that the Senate quickly confirm Mayor Giuliani as the next Vice President of the United States."
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #840 on: May 31, 2014, 02:36:14 AM »

Wouldn't this be seen as kinda a blatant power-grab on the part of Giuliani and the GOP?

OOC: Yeah, but it's kind of hard to publicly point it out when Cheney resigned after a sudden heart attack.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #841 on: May 31, 2014, 12:59:58 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Press Conference in Washington, D.C. (March 10, 2004)

"I said I would take this office if the President called on me to serve. Well he called, and I answered. I want to thank President Bush for entrusting me with the honor of this office. There are many other qualified men and women who could be standing here, and it means a lot that the President chose me. It means that President Bush trusts my abilities. It means that President Bush endorses me to succeed him. It means that I am the most qualified to be our nation's 44th President.

President Bush and I stand together on many policy issues. We stand together on Medicare and Medicaid. We stand together on Iraq, Afghanistan, and the War on Terror. We stand together on the need for smaller, more limited, more efficient government. We stand together on the need for a balanced budged and a reduced deficit. Over the last 3 and a half years, President Bush has made great strides towards these positions, and I believe that I can help move us even closer.

Serving as Vice President will give me hands-on experience in the Oval Office, the White House, and Washington so that my administration can hit the ground running, come January 2005. I will give this office the best of my ability, while also running for President. I hope that the Congress can approve my nomination quickly so that I can get to work helping President Bush and discharging any duties he gives to me. Thank you."

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #842 on: May 31, 2014, 09:11:27 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for March 10th-16th, 2004

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: Presidents Gerald Ford and George H.W. Bush
Campaign Director: Mary Matalin
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Theodore Olson
Chief Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster:Mike DuHaime

March 10th, 2004; Washington, D.C.
-- Press Conference with President Bush to announce the Mayor’s appointment as Vice President
-- Private Meeting with Sen. Frist and Sen. McConnell
-- Private Meeting with Sen. Daschle and Sen. Reid
-- Press Conference with Sen. Hutchinson and Sen. Allen to release Vice President Giuliani’s Minimum Wage Plan
-- Fly to Florida

The Giuliani Plan for A Better Minimum Wage
- Raise the minimum wage for non tipped employees to $6.00 immediately
- Raise the minimum wage for non tipped employees  to $6.25 after six months
- Raise the minimum wage for non tipped employees to $6.50  after twelve months
- Raise the minimum wage for non tipped employees to $7.00 after one year
- Exempt businesses that make less than $750,000 per year

March 11th, 2004; Florida
-- Barnstorm in Miami, FL with Sen. Mack III, Gov. Perry, and Sen. Alexander
-- Visit Miami Beach Holocaust Memorial
-- Barnstorm in Miami Beach, FL with Sen. Mack III, Gov. Perry, and Sen. Alexander
-- Launch “Latinos For Giuliani” Campaign Coalition in Miami Beach, FL with Sen. Mack III and Gov. Perry
-- Fly to Pennsylvania

March 12th, 2004; Pennsylvania
-- Visit Pat’s King of Steaks in Philadelphia, PA
-- Barnstorm in Philadelphia, PA with Sen. Santorum, Sen. Allen, and Sen. Frist
-- See the Liberty Bell in Philadelphia, PA
-- Barnstorm in Norristown, PA with Sen. Santorum, Sen. Allen, and Sen. Frist
-- Barnstorm in Plymouth, PA with Sen. Santorum, Sen. Allen, and Sen. Frist

March 13th, 2004; Pennsylvania
-- Barnstorm in Philadelphia, PA with Sen. Santorum and Sen. Allen
-- Barnstorm in Duquesne, PA with Sen. Santorum and Sen. Allen
-- Barnstorm in Bethel Park, PA with Sen. Santorum and Sen. Allen
-- Drive to New York

March 14th, 2004; New York
-- Barnstorm in New York City, NY with Gov. Pataki and Mayor Bloomberg
-- Barnstorm in Goshen, NY with Gov. Pataki and Mayor Bloomberg
-- Barnstorm in Newburgh, NY with Gov. Pataki and Mayor Bloomberg

March 15th, 2004; New York
-- Visit Saratoga Race Course with Gov. Pataki and Gov. Cellucci
-- Barnstorm in Saratoga Springs, NY with Gov. Pataki, Gov. King, and Gov. Cellucci
-- Barnstorm in Ballston Spa, NY with Gov. Pataki, Gov. King, and Gov. Cellucci
-- Visit The Great Escape & Splashwater Kingdom
-- Barnstorm in Queensbury, NY with Gov. Pataki, Gov. King and Gov. Cellucci
-- Fly to California

March 16th, 2004; California
-- Barnstorm in San Diego, CA with Gov. Schwarzenegger, Gov. Wilson, and Vice President Quayle
-- Barnstorm in National City, CA with Gov. Schwarzenegger, Gov. Wilson, and Vice President Quayle
-- Hold “Latinos For Giuliani” Campaign Coalition Rally in Chula Vista, CA with Gov. Schwarzenegger and Gov. Wilson
-- Barnstorm in Chula Vista, CA with Gov. Schwarzenegger and Gov. Wilson
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #843 on: June 01, 2014, 04:11:34 PM »

General Election Polling:

Giuliani v. Edwards v. Johnson (Giuliani +4)
John Edwards: 43%
Gary Johnson: 4%

Giuliani v. Biden v. Johnson (Giuliani +2)
Rudy Giuliani: 46%
Joe Biden: 44%
Gary Johnson: 4%

Giuliani v. Edwards (Giuliani +5)
Rudy Giuliani: 50%

Giuliani v. Biden (Giuliani +2)
Rudy Giuliani: 49%
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #844 on: June 01, 2014, 08:53:20 PM »

OOC: Is it possible to get an extension until noon tomorrow?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #845 on: June 01, 2014, 09:03:43 PM »

That's fine.

Round will close on Monday at 12:01 PM EST
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #846 on: June 01, 2014, 09:04:54 PM »

That's fine.

Round will close on Monday at 12:01 PM EST

OOC: Oh thank God! Thank you! While I was happy that this round was shorter, yesterday and today were not conducive to putting my posts together. Thanks again.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #847 on: June 01, 2014, 09:29:16 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates, March 10th-16th, 2004

Gov. George Pataki
Barnstorming in New York

Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Fundraising in New York

Senator John McCain
Barnstorming in Nevada

Governor Angus King
Barnstorming in New York

Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan
Fundraising in California

Senator George Voinovich
Barnstorming in Ohio

Mr. Sheldon Adelson
Fundraising in Nevada

Former President Jerry Ford
Barnstorming in Michigan

Governor Terry Branstad
Barnstorming in Iowa

Senator Kit Bond
Barnstorming in Missouri

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt
Barnstorming in Missouri

Mr. John Elway
Barnstorming in Missouri

Senator Norm Coleman
Barnstorming in Minnesota

Governor Pete Wilson
Barnstorming in California

Former Vice President Dan Quayle

Former Senator Howard Baker
Barnstorming in Virginia

Senator Lamar Alexander
Barnstorming in Virginia

House Speaker Dennis Hastert
Barnstorming in Virginia

Former Senator Fred Thompson
Barnstorming in Virginia

Senator Larry Pressler
Barnstorming in Iowa

Governor John Hoeven
Barnstorming in Iowa

Governor Mike Rounds
Barnstorming in Iowa

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jack Kemp
Barnstorming in Michigan

Senator Bob Dole
Barnstorming in Florida

General Norman Schwarzkopf
Barnstorming in Ohio

International Association of Fire Fighters
Voter Registration Rallies in California

Senator Connie Mack III
Barnstorming in Florida

Dick Cheney
Private Affairs

Kay Bailey Hutchison
Barnstorming in Florida

Linda Lingle

Kenny Guinn
Barnstorming in Nevada

Mary Matalin
Campaign Duties

Larry Craig
Barnstorming in Nevada

Bill Owens
Private Affairs

Paul Cellucci
Barnstorming in New York

John H. Sununu
Barnstorming in New Hampshire

John Ensign
Barnstorming in Nevada

Tom Petri
Barnstorming in Wisconsin

Mike DeWine
Barnstorming in Ohio

Donald Carcieri
Barnstorming in New York

George H.W. Bush
Barnstorming and Fundraising in California

Tim Pawlenty
Barnstorming in Michigan

Rod Grams
Barnstorming in Michigan

Wayne Gilchrest
Barnstorming in Virginia

Bob Taft
Barnstorming in Ohio

Bob Ehrlich
Barnstorming in Virginia

Bill Frist
Barnstorming in Virginia

George Allen
Barnstorming in Virginia

Olene Walker
Personal Campaign for Governor

Chamber of Commerce
Fundraising in Florida and Texas

Ed Gillespie
Campaign Organization
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #848 on: June 01, 2014, 09:45:42 PM »

Giuliani Endorsements

Governor Rick Perry: Rudy Giuliani is the kind of man our nation needs at it's helm. He's a conservative from the line of Ronald Reagan.
- Governor Perry spends March 10th-16th barnstorming across Missouri for Vice President Giuliani.

Senate Majority Whip Mitch McConnell: Senator Frist endorsed Rudy a few weeks ago. Now it is time for myself to come on board and join Leader Frist in backing the Vice President.
-Senator McConnell spends March 10th-16th barnstorming across Pennsylvania for Vice President Giuliani.

Senator Lindsey Graham: Some people have said that Rudy Giuliani isn't conservative enough to be our party's nominee. I think that's just false. Rudy Giuliani can win elections across the nation, that's what I'm backing him for President.
- Senator Graham spends March 10th-16th barnstorming across Ohio for Vice President Giuliani.

Senator Trent Lott: I really like Rudy Giuliani. He has the grit and determination to lead our nation and I think he will make a great President.
- Senator Lott spends March 10th-16th barnstorming across Florida for Vice President Giuliani.

Senator Sam Brownback: Kansas believes in family values. Rudy Giuliani will protect these family values for everyone across the nation. Kansas believes in a limited government. Rudy Giuliani will limit the power of the federal government and allow the people to run their own lives.
- Senator Brownback spends March 10th-16th barnstorming across Michigan for Vice President Giuliani.

Senator Rick Santorm: Rudy Giuliani is a real Republican. He represents the ideas that this nation was built. The ideas that were formed by George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, and Ronald Reagan. Vice President Giuliani is a modern Ronald Reagan.
- Senator Santorum spends March 10th-16th barnstorming across Pennsylvania for Vice President Giuliani.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #849 on: June 02, 2014, 02:27:36 AM »

Biden Speech
March 10, 2004; 12:31am

Thank you Texas! Congratulations to all of you across the state who were a part of our primary campaign; without you we would not have beaten Senator Edwards by a whopping ten points here!

And congratulations Mississippi! We are proud to have your 33 delegates going forward!

This primary has certainly been tumultuous. We have seen many contenders rise and fall. But now is the time we should finally come together. I have been a steadfast Democrat in the senate, and I am ready to take on the special-interest spin machines and the right-wing rabble rousers that start more arguments than they do pass more bills. I'll be a president of the people, one you can be proud of and know the right thing is being done.

To this day, I am whipping more and more support for my bill to raise the minimum wage. This is a living example of my experience working in Congress that will translate to solid results as President. And to this day, Mayor Giuliani has refused to support raising the minimum wage. He won't support our bill. He won't support hardworking Americans. And I swear here tonight, he won't get away with it.

In Kansas and Illinois the voters will truly decide if it is finally time for Biden. I trust they will make the right choice. God bless you all, thank you, good night!!

New Biden Endorsements

Carol Moseley Braun, former Senator from Illinois

Anthony Hensley, State Senator from Kansas & Minority Leader of the Kansas Senate

Bobby Rush, Representative from the 1st congressional district of Illinois

Jesse Jackson Jr., Representative from the 2nd congressional district of Illinois

Luis Gutierrez, Representative from the 4th congressional district of Illinois

Rahm Emanuel, Representative from the 5th congressional district of Illinois

All surrogates endorsed Biden through local media including newspapers, magazines, and television, as well as sending e-mails to their supporter/donor lists calling for "Unity" around Senator Biden's candidacy for President
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies