2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:58:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 45 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154479 times)
Potus
Potus2036

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #975 on: June 12, 2014, 10:21:35 PM »

Surrogate Schedule for Vice President Giuliani

Congresswoman Shelley Moore Capito

April 13th:
   -Fundraiser for Re-election in Eastern Panhandle
   -At fundraiser, additional check collection for "West Virginians For Giuliani"
   -Invitations for Tax Day rally, coordinated with state party

April 14th:
   -Constituent Services Day
   -Phone calls to constituents with pending paperwork at the Federal level
   -Barnstorm Democratic areas of Charleston
   -Invitations and phone calls to Tax Day rally w/state party

April 15th:
   -Tax Day Rally in Charleston
   -Tax Day Rally in Martinsburg

"Friends and fellow West Virginians,
      We're gathering here in Charleston to remind the people under the dome here in Charleston and the dome in Washington that we pay enough. We pay enough for a government that is still too big and doesn't put West Virginia first.

I like President Bush and I think he's done a great job leading this country through times when we needed that kind of leadership. I supported his economic agenda that cut taxes for the middle class, small businesses, and job creators. He made the right call, and that call kept us out of a deep recession.

We've made a lot of progress while I've been in Congress and President Bush has been in the White House. Taxes are down, the economy is strong, and we're keeping our country safe in the face of terror. We've done a lot right in our 4 years to make things better for you, the hardworking people of West Virginia.

But, listen folks, we can't go back. If we want to keep a strong economy, we can't go back to the way things were. If you care about keeping our country safe, you can't vote to take us back. We've got to move forward. With strong leadership, a clear conservative vision, and a President who is ready to combat the forces of Terror.

Joe Biden and Erik Wells don't understand that. Joe Biden wants to roll back President Bush's tax relief and raise taxes on middle class families. He's embraced an environmental agenda that is designed to bankrupt our energy industry without much environmental effect. Erik Wells is right there with him, raising taxes and growing government. We can't let that happen.

So, how about I ask you? Do you want higher taxes? *NO!* Do you want more regulation *NO!* Do you want Erik Wells? *NO!* Do you want Joe Biden? *NO!*

Let's go win an election, folks! Thank you very much!"

April 16th:
    -Visiting energy-producing parts of Ohio and Pennsylvania
    -Opposing Senator Biden's environmental agenda

You know, I'm always a little bit shocked at the Democratic nominee for President. He tries to come to Pennsylvania/Ohio and talk about how he understand your values. You hear the pitch every time the Democrats come to ask for your vote. They're for the worker, the common man, the poor, and so on. But Senator Biden is talking out both sides of his mouth.

He says he supports workers but turns around and embraces a dangerous, radical environmental agenda that kills energy jobs and manufacturing. If you want jobs to start shipping to China on a daily basis, the Biden environmental agenda is one way to do it.

Now, some people say Joe Biden doesn't actually believe what he says. They say that he just said that in order to get more votes in the Democratic primary against John Edwards. I think that's just as bad. What could be worse than stabbing the hardworking men and women of Pennsylvania/Ohio in the back for political reasons?

If he believes what he says, the policy will still destroy American energy and American manufacturing. If he was just saying it to get votes, then...I don't know about you...but I couldn't bring myself to vote for a guy who will dump me in the unemployment line for the sake of his own political career. I'll leave that choice up to you all.

April 17th:
   -Constituent Service Day

April 18th:
   -Barnstorm in Eastern Panhandle
   -Fundraiser with Defense Companies
   -Address local Republican Women's Club

April 19th:
   -Campaign in Southern West Virginia
   -Address political picnic

It's really great to be here, everyone. I'm gonna be brief because I know I'm hungry and I'm sure you all are too.

I've got to make something very clear. This isn't your grandaddy's Democratic Party. Good Democrats supported smart policies on the environment, not a radical, coal-killing environmentalist agenda.

I don't think Washington understands how hard what they do is on these coal communities. I don't think they want to. Senator Biden is just like that. He doesn't want to understand the fact that when a mine shuts down, the schools go without money, bus routes get cancelled, and the roads start to fall apart. Senator Biden isn't about putting coal first, he's not about putting West Virginia first.

So, even though I'm not on the ballot down here, Vice President Rudy Giuliani is. He's someone that I trust to protect our country, to protect coal, and to protect our way of life. We've got to make sure the next four years are not filled with anti-coal, environmentalist rhetoric that kills jobs and devastates communities.

April 20th:
    -Joint Rally in Morgantown, Fairmont, Wheeling, and St. Mary's with Joe Manchin
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #976 on: June 13, 2014, 12:57:47 AM »
« Edited: June 22, 2014, 10:45:15 PM by badgate »

TV Ad: Baseball

BIDEN (speaking to camera, intercut with various photos of Biden & his father, Biden in his high school baseball uniform, Biden as a Senator, public schools, etc): My father and I always relished a game of catch, and that bond led to my love of baseball. Experience on the field taught me the work ethic and to be a team player, something that has aided me my entire life and been a key to my success at getting things done in Washington. The National Educators Association didn't just endorse me because of my pro-public school record. They endorsed me because they know I will take action on behalf of every young man and woman walking those hallways. Together we can undo the damage of President Bush's economic reforms, get teachers back to teaching instead of testing, and make sure that our schools always have the resources to give each child the opportunity to fulfill their potential. So whether it's the school orchestra, speech and debate...or a game of baseball. Together we will make public schools the best in the world.

+U.S. Virgin Islands

TV Ad: Biden For America
---Abridged version being aired on Radio

[Footage of a younger Senator Biden speaking on the Senate floor, Biden greeting voters on the campaign trail, and finally Biden sitting addressing the camera]

BIDEN: When I was a child I had a stutter. So every day, I'd sit myself in front of the mirror, and read aloud. I read my homework. I read the Hardy Boys. I read the bible. And with the determination that I put into everything I take on, I came out able to express my ideas clearly, and speak with confidence.

In the challenges facing America, I am prepared to take on the tough road that lies ahead. I'm Senator Joe Biden, the candidate for president that you can trust. I've served in the Senate, passing a sweeping crime law to get criminals off the streets. I wrote and passed the Violence Against Women Act, and earned experience on the international stage when I secured the SALT treaty for arms control with Russia in 1980. In this campaign I have proposed raising the minimum wage in a responsible way that respects business and doesn't impose a big government mandate, while helping to bring millions of hardworking Americans out of poverty. I have promised the families of our brave servicemen and women to bring their loved ones home, to fix the mistakes made in Iraq. And I'm making a promise to you: your vote will not be wasted on me.

Anyone who's watched the Democratic primary knows I'm a fighter. I'm in this race because I believe in America and I believe I am the candidate to get us to the New Millennium America we can be. I promise to fight. For you.

+U.S. Virgin Islands
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #977 on: June 13, 2014, 02:42:19 AM »

Statement from Biden for America

We are pleased to welcome Tom McMahon to the Biden for America team. Tom will be joining us as the campaign's Field Director. After meeting with Senator Biden, the Senator was impressed by Tom's passion and knew he was up to the task. Look for Tom to release the campaign's first general election GOTV memo to the press later this week.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #978 on: June 13, 2014, 03:09:23 AM »

GOTV Strategy/Talking Points

Campaign Staff:
Campaign Manager: Ron Klain
Press Secretary: Stephanie Cutter
Chief Adviser: Valerie Biden
Political Director: Bruce Reed
Communications Director: Paul Begala
Policy Director: Mario Cuomo
Vice Presidential Committee Chair: Ted Kaufman
Field Director: Tom McMahon
Regional Field Director (Mid-West): Karin Johanson
Regional Field Director (South-Mountain West): TBA
Regional Field Director (Pacific West): TBA
Regional Field Director (New England): TBA
Regional Field Director (Upper South): TBA
Regional Field Director (Deep South): TBA

Biden for America will be employing a 50-State Strategy. With the looming importance of this election, and the complete unacceptability of the Republican nominee, voters in every state deserve a fair hearing from Senator Biden. I have recently taken the reins as the campaign's Field Director, and am excited at the possibilities ahead. Before the Democratic National Convention, Senator Biden will have held a campaign event in every state in the United States of America.

Biden for America developed a successful neighborhood team model of volunteers, and has already strong volunteer recruitment in the following states (thanks to the campaign's elongated primary battle): Wisconsin*, Virginia, Ohio, Florida, Texas*, Mississippi*, Idaho*, Wyoming*, Massachusetts*, Connecticut, Rhode Island, Michigan, Arizona*, Hawai'i*, Alaska, and Illinois*. Those marked with an asterisk are states the Senator Biden won the popular vote during the primary. The campaign will continue to use this volunteer base, until the middle of August, to recruit more volunteers in their neighborhoods through block walking and phone banking.

The campaign's field operation is also building the same volunteer infrastructure in the following states: Nevada, New Mexico, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, Indiana, Iowa, Missouri, Arkansas, Montana, Minnesota, and North Carolina. Judging from the campaign's recruitment metrics during the primary, volunteer teams in these states will likely have an average of 3 volunteers per event, 5 after three weeks of events, and 8 after six weeks.

The neighborhood model is based around the campaign's central message in the general election: Joe Biden is the everyman. He will fight for ordinary Americans just like you. The message is augmented by its delivery from a neighbor who lives two blocks away.

Hiring is currently underway for five Regional Field Directors. The 6 regions for this first phase of the campaign's grassroots organizing are depicted below in this map:

New England
Mid-West
Upper South
Deep South
South-Mountain West
Pacific West

After the Democratic National Convention, when the grassroots volunteers turn from a major focus on recruitment to a major focus on voter persuasion and commitment, the regions will be split among the Regional Field Directors and a number of new RFDs. This will allow for an even stronger and better coordinated organization during the fall campaign.

Alright team. There is a lot of work to do and so much potential in this campaign and its positive message for the future of America. So let's hit the ground running!

See you on the campaign trail,

Tom McMahon
Field Director, Biden for America

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #979 on: June 13, 2014, 04:13:53 PM »

Giuliani Campaign GOTV Strategy

This is the first week of the General Election. Our target is Senator Joe Biden and Joe Biden alone. He is a flawed candidate and this race is our's to lose. But we're not going to let that happen. I know, based on what I've heard from our regional Chairmen, that we have the energy and resources to win.

Biden's campaign announced that they also are pursuing a 50-State Strategy, which makes our campaigning easier. We have to make sure that, when speaking to voters, we stress that it was Vice President Giuliani who first presented the 50-State Strategy for this campaign. Vice President Giuliani has shaped this campaign and Senator Biden is just following the Vice President's lead.

We also have to energize voters. We cannot win if people don't come out to vote. When talking to voters 30 and older, volunteers should portray Vice President Giuliani as the heir of Ronald Reagan and his massive election coalition of Democrats, Republicans, Independents, Whites, African Americans, and other minorities. They should highlight West Virginia Secretary of State Joe Manchin's (a Democrat) endorsement of Vice President Giuliani. When talking to younger voters, volunteers are advised to make Vice President Giuliani out to be a crusader for the rights of the new generation (ending teacher tenure, making higher education available to all, bringing down the costs of student loans, a friend to young immigrants).

On policy matters, volunteers and surrogates should following these talking points:

- Vice President Giuliani supports that Bush Tax Cuts and would support a bill to make them permanent. Senator Biden supports repealing the Tax Cuts and unfairly raising taxes on the middle class and small businesses.
- Vice President Giuliani has extensive foreign policy knowledge and has been trusted by President Bush to represent our nation in discussions with Chinese and Russian leaders. Senator Biden has minor experience in international relations (Chairing a Senate Committee does not make him an expert).
- Vice President Giuliani has an extensive legal background and will ensure that all laws are applied equally and fairly to all people.
- Vice President Giuliani supports the War on Terror, while Senator Biden believes that we should withdraw from the Iraq. Withdrawing from Iraq will leave the Middle East unstable and put America in great danger.

On personal matters, volunteers and surrogates should following these talking points:

- Senator Biden blatantly plagiarized Bobby Kennedy, Hubert Humphrey, and Neil Kinnock.
- Senator Biden also plagiarized numerous academic papers during is college career.
- Senator Biden has little control of his temper, as seen in his 1988 argument with a New Hampshire voter ("I think I probably have a much higher IQ than you do, I suspect")
- Senator Biden is known for his (sometimes offensive) off the cuff remarks. This could bring down critical discussions with world leaders.

Volunteers are advised not to bring up neither Governor Johnson nor Congressman Kucinich's third part campaigns. If a voter asks about either of the two, treat them as a very small factor. They should use terms such as "dangerous alternative", "spoiler", and "untested and unready".

Thank you and good luck,
Mary Matalin,
Campaign Director
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #980 on: June 13, 2014, 04:37:03 PM »

Giuliani TV Ad, Running in the following states:

Integrity
You must be logged in to read this quote.

Giuliani TV and Radio Ad, Running in the following states:

All American

Rudy Giuliani has lived the American dream. He was raised in a middle class family in Brooklyn. His father had trouble holding a job and they went through periods of financial difficulty. Rudy had to work his way up the social ladder, from a simple law clerk to an assistant Attorney General to Mayor of our nation's largest city to Vice President. This is the America Rudy Giuliani wants -  a car in every garage, a roast in every oven, and a diploma on every wall. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #981 on: June 13, 2014, 05:11:56 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates, April 13th-20th, 2004

Gov. George Pataki
Barnstorming in New York

Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Fundraising in New York

Sen. John McCain
Barnstorming in New Mexico

Gov. Angus King
Barnstorming in New Hampshire

Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan
Barnstorming in Nevada

Sen. George Voinovich
Barnstorming in Ohio

Mr. Sheldon Adelson
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former President Jerry Ford
Barnstorming in Michigan

Gov. Terry Branstad
Barnstorming in Iowa

Sen. Kit Bond
Barnstorming in Missouri

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt
Barnstorming in Missouri

Mr. John Elway
Barnstorming in Missouri

Sen. Norm Coleman
Barnstorming in Iowa

Governor Pete Wilson
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former Vice President Dan Quayle
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former Sen. Howard Baker
Barnstorming in West Virginia

Sen. Lamar Alexander

House Speaker Dennis Hastert
Barnstorming in Ohio

Former Sen. Fred Thompson

Former Sen. Larry Pressler
Barnstorming in Iowa

Gov. John Hoeven
Barnstorming in Iowa

Gov. Mike Rounds
Barnstorming in Iowa

Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger
Barnstorming in Nevada

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jack Kemp
Barnstorming in Florida

Former Sen. Bob Dole
Barnstorming in Florida

General Norman Schwarzkopf
Barnstorming in Iowa

International Association of Fire Fighters
Voter Registration Rallies in Virginia

Sen. Connie Mack III
Barnstorming in Florida

Dick Cheney
Barnstorming in Colorado

Sen. Kay Bailey Hutchison

Gov. Linda Lingle
Barnstorming in Nevada

Gov. Kenny Guinn
Barnstorming in Nevada

Mary Matalin
Campaign Duties

Sen. Larry Craig
Barnstorming in Colorado

Gov. Bill Owens
Barnstorming in Colorado

Ambassador Paul Cellucci
Barnstorming in New York

Fmr. Gov.John H. Sununu

Sen. John Ensign
Barnstorming in Nevada

Rep. Tom Petri
Barnstorming in Ohio

Sen. Mike DeWine
Barnstorming in Ohio

Gov. Donald Carcieri
Barnstorming in New York

Former President George H.W. Bush

Gov. Tim Pawlenty
Barnstorming in Iowa

Fmr. Sen. Rod Grams
Barnstorming in Iowa

Rep. Wayne Gilchrest
Barnstorming in New York

Gov. Bob Taft
Barnstorming in Ohio

Gov. Bob Ehrlich
Barnstorming in New York

Sen. Bill Frist

Sen. George Allen

Gov. Olene Walker

Chamber of Commerce
Voter Registration Rallies in Iowa and Ohio

Ed Gillespie
Campaign Organization

Gov. Rick Perry

Sen. Mitch McConnell
Barnstorming in Ohio

Sen. Lindsey Graham

Sen. Trent Lott

Sen. Sam Brownback
Barnstorming in Iowa

Sen. Rick Santorum
Barnstorming in Ohio

Fmr. Gov. Frank Keating

Fmr. Sen. John F. Seymour
Barnstorming in Nevada

Fmr. Sen. Edward Brooke
Barnstorming in New York

Fmr. Speaker Newt Gingrich
Barnstorming in Florida

California Assembly Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy
Barnstorming in Arizona

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay

West Virginia Secretary of State Joe Manchin

Rep. Shelly Moore Capito

Rep. Roger Wicker
Barnstorming in Missouri

Rep. Eric Cantor
Barnstorming in Virginia

Rep. Mark Kirk
Barnstorming in Iowa

Sen. John Warner
Barnstorming in West Virgnia
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #982 on: June 13, 2014, 05:22:47 PM »

Biden Surrogates

Governor Mario Cuomo
Barnstorm in New York

Senator Mark Warner
Barnstorm in Virginia

Senator Arlen Specter
Barnstorm in Pennsylvania

Senator Olympia Snowe
Barnstorming in Maine

Senator Jay Rockefeller

Senator Maria Cantwell
Barnstorming Washington

Sen. Max Clealand
Barnstorming in Georgia

Sen. Max Baucus
Barnstorming in Montana

Sen. Mark Dayton
Barnstorming in Minnesota

Sen. Daniel Inoyue
Barnstorming in Hawaii

Gov. Jerry Brown
Barnstorming in California

Rep. Ben Chandler
Barnstorming in Kentucky

Sen. Herb Kohl
Barnstorming in Wisconsin

Sen. Ted Kennedy

Rep. Tammy Baldwin
Barnstorming in Wisconsin

Rep. Betty McCollum

Rep. Martin Olav Sabo

Rep. Henry Waxman
Barnstorming in Los Angeles

Sen. Jack Reed

Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy

Rep. Jim Langevin

Rep. Richard Neal

Rep. Ted Strickland
Barnstorming in Ohio 6

Sen. Paul Sarbanes

Gov. Ann Richards

Rep. Lloyd Doggett
Barnstorming in Lousiana

Rep. Gene Taylor
Barnstorming in Mississippi

Rep. Bennie Thompson

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee

Carol Moseley Braun, former Senator from Illinois
Barnstorming in Illinois

Rep. Bobby Rush
Barnstorming in Virginia

Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Barnstorming in Illinois

Rep. Luis Gutierrez

Rep. Rahm Emanuel
Barnstorming in Illinois

Gov. Tony Knowles
Barnstorming in Alaska

Attorney General/Senate candidate Ken Salazar
Barnstorming in Colorado

Mayor John Hickenlooper
Barnstorming in Colorado

Rep. Mark Udall
Barnstorming in Colorado

Rep. Diana DeGette
Barnstorming in Colorado

Judy Shepard
Barnstorming in Wyoming

Gov. Ed Rendell
Barnstorming in Pennsylvania

Rep. Joe Hoeffel
Barnstorming in PA-13

State Sen. Allyson Schwartz
Barnstorming in PA-13

Rep. Donna Christian-Christensen
Barnstorming in U.S. Virgin Islands

Rep. Mel Watts
Barnstorming in NC-12

Gov. Mike Easley
Barnstorming in North Carolina

Sen. John Edwards
Barnstorming in North Carolina

Sen. Hillary Clinton
Rest w/ husband

Pres. Bill Clinton
Recovering from surgery

Gov. Kathleen Sebelius
Barnstorming in Kansas

Sen. Evan Bayh
Barnstorming in Indiana

Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick
Barnstorming in Detroit
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #983 on: June 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Strategy:
Our main focus will be states where Libertarians/Independents have or done well at state level in the past. Our GOTV focus is on people who do not regularly vote, as well as getting people inspired and enthused. Freedom rallies will be held across all states. The Johnson Campaign main HQ is based in Albuquerque, NM.
Strategy Map/Main Focus States:

The Johnson Campaign has also hired canvassing teams throughout these states, going door-to-door. These teams are filled with motivated and motivating people. Phone banks are running in each major city on the map.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #984 on: June 13, 2014, 09:28:26 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2014, 09:35:41 PM by badgate »

Talking Points Memo
Bruce Reed - Political Director for Biden for America

Mayor Giuliani has aimed his sights squarely on Senator Biden, writing off both of the third-party candidates. This is because he knows that voters will see Senator Biden as the only truly viable leader on the ballot in November; and voters will see Giuliani as one of the gaggle of also-rans. Giuliani is going to attempt to move fast to make voters see Senator Biden as an unacceptable choice. Instead, voters will arrive at the ballot box in November with Senator Biden being the only acceptable choice.

Interestingly, the Mayor has for weeks now stylized himself and has his campaign spokespeople stylizing him as the Vice President, despite not yet being confirmed by Congress. The Mayor is taking a campaign trip overseas under the guise of Vice Presidential service, yet again despite the fact that he has yet to be confirmed by Congress. Senator Biden publicly denounced a liberal member of his own party for politicizing the appointment of Giuliani; use this point to hammer home that Biden works for the people, not the political parties of America. And by making this point it points people to the very real fact that Giuliani has already begun to use his appointment for political gain.

--Emphasize that Senator Biden is a family man. After his wife and newborn daughter were tragically killed in an automobile accident, Senator Biden stayed in Delaware every night and began the habit of commuting to D.C. on the Amtrak every morning, so that he could be there for his sons. While on the floor of the Senate, Biden instructed his staff to interrupt him no matter what if his children needed to reach him.

--Emphasize that Senator Biden represents and fights for the everyman in America. This is reinforced when voters hear Senator Biden speak, and respond to his folksy yet progressive speaking style.

--Mayor Giuliani's campaign is centered on the past: policies and ideas of the past. Giuliani claims what qualifies him for President are events in the past; Senator Biden however is qualified because he is ready to prepare America for a better tomorrow.

--Mayor Giuliani will seek to bring up Senator Biden's '88 Presidential campaign, and this will fall flat to any fair-minded voter. The past is the past, and Senator Biden is running a smart, disciplined campaign focused on the urgent needs of Americans. Giuliani's attacks will only serve to feed into the Biden campaign's narrative that Giuliani is stuck in the past and not looking toward the future for America. The campaign is prepared to directly respond to these attacks, but at the moment we are content to let Giuliani prove to Americans that he's more interested in relitigating the past than looking to the future.

--The general election campaign is under a week old, Giuliani's campaign has already turned negative. Point this out as a sign of weakness and a sign that their campaign knows they are stalled on an uphill road. In contrast, Biden for America is only airing positive ads focused on Senator Biden's plan to fix the Republicans' messes in Iraq and at home.

--Senator Biden has led the entire Presidential field on the issue of raising the minimum wage. Be wary of the Giuliani campaign making false accusations, and feeding these accusations to reporters, claiming that Biden is following Giuliani's lead because our campaign has staked out a 50-State Strategy. State clearly that we are not concerned with the petty scorekeeping of the Giuliani campaign; our concern is the future and betterment of the American people. However it is of paramount importance that voters understand that Giuliani's support for the minimum wage is simply a political show horse meant to distract from the fact that he didn't support raising it until Senator Biden made it an issue that would determine many people's votes. Giuliani ONLY moved on the issue because he saw that he had to in order to win. Senator Biden, in contrast, doesn't make political calculations for the cynical practice of getting votes. He is a leader.

--If asked about Congressman Kucinich or Governor Johnson's campaign, be respectful (unlike Giuliani's surrogates). Emphasize to voters their own agency, and point out that Giuliani's campaign has tried to write the candidates off as "dangerous" and "spoiler" candidates. Emphasize that Giuliani is taking this tact because he feels entitled to the votes of those who may be sympathetic and switch to a third party candidate. "The thing is, they're not his votes, they're your votes."

There is a lot of ground to cover, but the primary campaign has positioned Senator Biden extremely well. He has already received broad support from the Democratic party's big tent, and this should be emphasized as a clear indication of Senator Biden's ability to unite the country. Good luck and if you have questions your assistants or chiefs-of-staff can get me on the phone any time.

See you on the campaign trail,

Bruce Reed
Political Director, Biden for America
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #985 on: June 13, 2014, 09:43:34 PM »
« Edited: June 13, 2014, 09:55:32 PM by badgate »

April 20, 2004, 10:31am

We at the Biden for America team wish Mayor Giuliani well on his campaign trip overseas. However we do hope that he will own up to his falsehoods and explain to the American people, when he returns from his overseas campaign trip, why he lied about the trip being official business for the Bush administration.

It is of paramount importance to Senator Biden to put service to country above politics, and that is what he did when he stood up for Mayor Giuliani against fringe members of his own party who sought to politicize the appointment. But now Mayor Giuliani has to answer himself for why he is using his own appointment, for a confirmation vote that has not yet been held, for political gain in the coming election.

It is disappointing, but not surprising, to see that Senator Biden has been the only candidate to take the high road here.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #986 on: June 13, 2014, 10:04:37 PM »

Gary Johnson/Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule:

Johnson:

March 13th:
Rally and Organizing Volunteers in Fort Wayne, IN
Barnstorming and GOTV in Auburn, IN
Town Hall and GOTV in Angola, IN

March 14th:
Rally and Town Hall in South Bend, IN
Town Hall and GOTV in Gary, IN
Barnstorm and GOTV in Valparaiso, IN

March 15th:
Rally and Town Hall at Purdue University, Lafayette, IN
Barnstorm and GOTV in Kokomo, IN
Town Hall and Barnstorm in Marion, IN

March 16th:
Town Hall and GOTV in Muncie, IN
Rally and Barnstorm in Anderson, IN
Barnstorm and GOTV Noblesville, IN

March 17th:
Rally and Town Hall in Indianapolis, IN
Barnstorm and GOTV Carmel, IN
Rally and Town Hall at IU, Bloomington, IN

March 18th:
Rally and Barnstorm in Cincinnati, OH
Town Hall and Rally in Dayton, OH
Barnstorm and GOTV in Springfield, OH

March 19th:
Rally and Town Hall in Columbus, OH
Barnstorm and GOTV Columbus, OH
Barnstorm and GOTV Zanesville, OH

March 20th:
Town Hall and GOTV in Canton, OH
Rally and Barnstorm in Akron, OH
Rally and Town Hall in Cleveland, OH

Jesse Ventura:

March 13th:
Rally and Town Hall in Sioux Falls, SD
Barnstorm and GOTV in Mitchell, SD
Rally and Town Hall in Rapid City, SD

March 14th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Sturgis, SD
Town Hall and GOTV in Spearfish, SD
Barnstorm and GOTV in Sundance, WY

March 15th:
Rally and Town Hall in Gillette, WY
Town Hall and Barnstorm Buffalo, WY
Rally and Town Hall in Sheridan, WY

March 16th:
Rally and Town Hall in Billings, MT
Barnstorm and GOTV Big Timber, MT
Barnstorm and GOTV Livingston, MT

March 17th:
Town Hall and GOTV in Bozeman, MT
Barnstorm and GOTV Belgrade, MT
Barnstorm and GOTV Whitehall, MT

March 18th:
Town Hall and GOTV in Butte, MT
Town Hall and Barnstorm in Helena, MT
Town Hall and Rally in Great Falls, MT

March 19th:
Town Hall and GOTV in Missoula, MT
Barnstorm and GOTV Lolo, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV Hamilton, ID

March 20th:
Rally and Town Hall in Idaho Falls, ID
Barnstorm and GOTV in Blackfoot, ID
Town Hall and Barnstorm in Pocatello, ID
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #987 on: June 14, 2014, 04:16:33 AM »

OOC: As I am about to embark on a long journey to Boston, I hereby give IDS Legislator Maxwell the power to post on my behalf as Vice President Giuliani.

Have fun everyone, see you in a week.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #988 on: June 14, 2014, 05:34:35 AM »

OOC: As I am about to embark on a long journey to Boston, I hereby give IDS Legislator Maxwell the power to post on my behalf as Vice President Giuliani.

Have fun everyone, see you in a week.

Thanks, see you in a week!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #989 on: June 14, 2014, 08:47:05 PM »

Reminder: Round closes tonight at 11:59 PM EST
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #990 on: June 15, 2014, 08:29:36 AM »

Round XXII: May 26-31: The Libertarian Convention/Green Party Convention
June 23-28: The Green Party Convention

Author's Note: This round will include May 26-31 (The Libertarian Convention) and June 23-28 (The Green Party Convention).

The General Election campaign is underway! The presumptive nominees for the two major parties are: Rudy Giuliani (Republican) and Joe Biden (Democrat). Giuliani's continues on his pledge for a fifty-state strategy, looking to appeal to voters in states that have typically voted Democrat in the last few cycles, while Biden is aiming to hold onto the Gore States from 2000, while picking up such critical battlegrounds: Ohio and New Hampshire. Polling continues to show a tight race with a plus one to two point advantage for Giuliani.

Gary Johnson is running for the libertarian party and by all accounts will be nominated at the convention in Atlanta. While the race for the Green Party received a major shakeup this week, when Congressman and former Presidential candidate Dennis Kucinich announced his intentions to run for the party's nomination. Some Democrats are concerned over Kucinich, more so than Republican over Johnson, because in 2000 Ralph Nader won nearly 3 percent of the vote and may have cost Gore the election. Surprisingly, Kucinich received the endorsement of the former Vice President, which gives his campaign a needed boost.

Johnson on the other hand is appealing to both Democrats and Republicans, disaffected by both parties and running on a platform of liberty and freedom for all. Some states show Johnson in high single digits and possibly with a great effort he may break double digits. The goal of both nominees is to break the 15 percent polling hurdle and be allowed to participate in the debates.

General Election Polling: R+ 2
(R ) Rudy Giuliani: 45%
(D) Joe Biden: 43%
(L) Gary Johnson: 4%
(G) Dennis Kucinich: 2%

Round Closes: June 18th at 11:59 PM EST (I've moved it up one day)
Also, any requests for state polling please let me know. Thanks and great job everyone, NHI
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #991 on: June 17, 2014, 01:53:47 AM »
« Edited: June 17, 2014, 02:57:13 AM by badgate »

We have received many requests across the country from working parents who know that their vote matters in this election, but don't have time to attend an event when Senator Biden is campaigning near their home. After a discussion within the campaign this morning, we are proud to announce the campaign will be holding Late Night Town Halls, 45-minute events that will be held after 8:30pm, to give parents time with their children as well as an opportunity to hear from Senator Biden before November.

All cities and townships in America are eligible, but we will be holding these Late Night Town Halls in the places with the most votes through our website. If you want to see Senator Biden in your town, log on to bidenforamerica.com and vote for your town. There is absolutely no donation required to vote. It's quick and easy, and since there is only one vote per person, we made it easy to share the opportunity with your neighbors as well!
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #992 on: June 17, 2014, 02:35:19 AM »

TV Ad: Baseball

BIDEN (speaking to camera, intercut with various photos of Biden & his father, Biden in his high school baseball uniform, Biden as a Senator, public schools, etc): My father and I always relished a game of catch, and that bond led to my love of baseball. Experience on the field taught me the work ethic and to be a team player, something that has aided me my entire life and been a key to my success at getting things done in Washington. The National Educators Association didn't just endorse me because of my pro-public school record. They endorsed me because they know I will take action on behalf of every young man and woman walking those hallways. Together we can undo the damage of President Bush's economic reforms, get teachers back to teaching instead of testing, and make sure that our schools always have the resources to give each child the opportunity to fulfill their potential. So whether it's the school orchestra, speech and debate...or a game of baseball. Together we will make public schools the best in the world.

TV Ad: Biden For America

[Footage of a younger Senator Biden speaking on the Senate floor, Biden greeting voters on the campaign trail, and finally Biden sitting addressing the camera]

BIDEN: When I was a child I had a stutter. So every day, I'd sit myself in front of the mirror, and read aloud. I read my homework. I read the Hardy Boys. I read the bible. And with the determination that I put into everything I take on, I came out able to express my ideas clearly, and speak with confidence.

In the challenges facing America, I am prepared to take on the tough road that lies ahead. I'm Senator Joe Biden, the candidate for president that you can trust. I've served in the Senate, passing a sweeping crime law to get criminals off the streets. I wrote and passed the Violence Against Women Act, and earned experience on the international stage when I secured the SALT treaty for arms control with Russia in 1980. In this campaign I have proposed raising the minimum wage in a responsible way that respects business and doesn't impose a big government mandate, while helping to bring millions of hardworking Americans out of poverty. I have promised the families of our brave servicemen and women to bring their loved ones home, to fix the mistakes made in Iraq. And I'm making a promise to you: your vote will not be wasted on me.

Anyone who's watched the Democratic primary knows I'm a fighter. I'm in this race because I believe in America and I believe I am the candidate to get us to the New Millennium America we can be. I promise to fight. For you.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #993 on: June 17, 2014, 02:54:30 PM »

Statement from Biden for America - VP Search Committee

We have spent the last month meeting with over fifty incredibly bright and passionate Americans. It is amazing the width of Senator Biden's support across political spectrums, but people both conservative and moderate and liberal alike spoke of their support and said they would be proud to serve as Vice President. We have the pleasure of releasing our short list for Vice President.

--Gov. Mark Warner (VA)
--Sen. John Breaux (LA)
--General Wesley Clark (AR)
--Sen. Evan Bayh (IN)
--Gov. Kathleen Sebelius (KS)
--Sen. Russ Feingold (WI)
--Gov. Mike Easley (NC)

All the best,
Ted Kaufman
Chair, Biden for America Vice Presidential Search Committee
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #994 on: June 17, 2014, 04:33:49 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2014, 06:07:28 PM by badgate »

New Biden Endorsements

Kathleen Babineaux Blanco, Governor from Louisiana

Harold Ford, Jr., Representative from Tennessee's 9th Congressional district

Phil Bredesen, Governor from Tennessee

Janet Napolitano, Governor from Arizona

Wesley Clark, 4-Star General from the United States Armed Forces

Robert "Bud" Cramer, Representative from the 5th Congressional district of Alabama
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #995 on: June 17, 2014, 04:52:03 PM »

Yesterday, Biden for America released our short list for the Democratic Vice Presidential candidate on the 2004 ticket. Tomorrow, Senator Biden will appear with General Wesley Clark in the General's home state of Arkansas.

Senator Biden and General Clark will be speaking about the challenges facing our military and foreign policy in Iraq and Afghanistan, and discussing Vice President Giuliani's failure to consider somebody with military experience on his Vice Presidential short list.

This failure is an affront to our men and women in uniform, and Giuliani owes them an explanation for his lack of concern or interest in America's military remaining the strongest in the world.

In contrast, Senator Biden has long been an ally to veterans in the Senate. Part of his plan for the Veterans Affairs department is an expansion of healthcare availability to returning veterans, as well as ensuring that servicemen and women are fairly paid and sufficiently prepared for deployment.

We'll see you on the trail in Arkansas!
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #996 on: June 17, 2014, 07:01:38 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2014, 07:50:39 PM by badgate »

Biden Campaign Schedule (May 26-31)
Southern Strategy

Campaign Staff:
Campaign Manager: Ron Klain
Press Secretary: Stephanie Cutter
Chief Adviser: Valerie Biden
Political Director: Bruce Reed
Communications Director: Paul Begala
Policy Director: Mario Cuomo
Vice Presidential Committee Chair: Ted Kaufman
Field Director: Tom McMahon
Regional Field Director (Mid-West): Karin Johanson
Regional Field Director (South-Mountain West): Jessica Walsh
Regional Field Director (Pacific West): Ted Lowrimore
Regional Field Director (New England): Stephen Savage
Regional Field Director (Upper South): Jules Murphy
Regional Field Director (Deep South): Chris Turner

May 26, 2004 Arkansas
-8:30am - Breakfast with neighborhood team leader volunteers for Little Rock, Sherwood, Jacksonville, Maumelle, East End, Benton, Conway, Cabot, & Beebe.
-10:00am - Rally in Little Rock, w/ Gen. Wesley Clark. Gen. Wesley Clark endorses Senator Biden for President
-1:00pm - Town Hall in Pine Bluff, w/ Gen. Wesley Clark
-5:30pm - Town Hall in Fayetteville, w/ Gen. Wesley Clark
-7:45pm - Rally in Fort Smith, w/ Gen. Wesley Clark

(Local affiliates invited to every stop)

May 27, 2004 Tennessee
-10:00am - Town Hall in Memphis, w/ Gov. Phil Bredesen & Rep. Harold Ford, Jr.
-12:00pm - Rally in Memphis, w/ Gov. Phil Bredesen & Rep. Harold Ford, Jr. Gov. Bredensen & Rep. Ford endorse Senator Biden for President
-2:00-3:00pm - Fly to Nashville
-3:30pm - Rally in Nashville, w/ Gov. Bredensen & Rep. Ford
-5:30pm - Town Hall in Murfreesboro, w/ Gov. Bredensen & Rep. Ford
-8:00pm - Rally in Chattanooga, w/ Gov. Bredensen & Rep. Ford

May 28, 2004 South Carolina
-8:30am - Meet & Greet w/ volunteers for Charleston, North Charleston, Mt Pleasant, Goose Creek, & Summerville
-10:00am - Town Hall in North Charleston
-12:00pm - Rally in Charleston
-3:45pm - Town Hall in Columbia
-6:45pm - Town Hall in Greenville
-8:00pm - Rally in University Center of Greenville
-9:45pm - Thanking volunteers in Greenville after their phone bank

May 29, 2004 Alabama
-11:00am - Town Hall in Mobile
-12:30-1:20pm - Fly to Montgomery
-1:45pm - Rally in Montgomery
-4:30pm - Rally in Birmingham
-7:00pm - Rally in Decatur, w/ Rep. Cramer. Rep. Bud Cramer endorses Senator Biden for President
-8:45pm - Town Hall for Parents in Huntsville, w/ Rep. Cramer. Rep. Cramer delivers his endorsement at the opening of the town hall

May 30, 2004 Mississippi
-10:30am - Town Hall in Tupelo
-12:00pm - Town Hall in Columbus
-1:30-2:30pm - Fly to Jackson
-3:00pm - Rally in Jackson, w/ Rep. Thompson Rep. Bennie Thompson endorses Senator Biden for the general election
-4:30pm - Town Hall in Ridgeland, w/ Rep. Thompson
-5:30-6:15pm - Fly to Gulfport
-6:45pm - Town Hall in Gulfport, w/ Rep. Taylor
-7:45pm - Rally in Gulfport, w/ Rep. Taylor Rep. Gene Taylor endorses Senator Biden for the general election
-10:00pm - Thanking volunteers in Gulfport after their phone bank

May 31, 2004 Louisisana
-9:45am - Meet & Greet w/ volunteers in New Orleans, w/ Gov. Blanco
-11:00am - Rally in New Orleans, w/ Gov. Blanco. Gov. Kathleen Blanco endorses Senator Biden for President
-1:00pm - Town Hall in Metairie, w/ Gov. Blanco
-3:30pm - Rally in Baton Rouge, w/ Gov. Blanco
-5:00pm - Town Hall in Highlands/Perkins, w/ Gov. Blanco
-7:30pm - Rally in Lafayette, w/ Gov. Blanco
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #997 on: June 17, 2014, 07:15:42 PM »
« Edited: June 17, 2014, 07:49:14 PM by badgate »

Biden Campaign Schedule (June 23-28)
New England for Biden

June 23, 2004 New Hampshire
-10:00am - Rally in Unity, w/ Sen. Hillary Clinton. Sen. Hillary Clinton endorses Senator Biden for President
-12:30pm - Rally in Manchester, w/ Sen. Clinton
-2:00pm - Town Hall in Nashua
-4:00pm - Town Hall in Concord
-6:45pm - Town Hall in Rochester
-8:15pm - Rally in Portsmouth, w/ Sen. Clinton

June 24, 2004 Maine
-11:30am - Rally in Portland, w/ Sen. Olympia Snowe
-1:15pm - Town Hall in Brunswick
-3:00pm - Town Hall in Lewiston
-5:30pm - Rally in Augusta, w/ Sen. Snowe
-7:00pm - Town Hall in Augusta
-9:00pm - Surprising volunteers after a phone bank to thank them

June 25, 2004 New York
-9:30am - Meet & Greet w/ voters in Buffalo
-10:45am - Rally in Buffalo, w/ Sen. Clinton
-1:30pm - Town Hall in Rochester
-4:30pm - Rally in Syracuse, w/ Sen. Clinton
-6:45pm - Town Hall in Cortland

June 26, 2004 New York
-11:00am - Town Hall in Yonker
-12:45pm - Rally in Bronx, w/ Sen. Clinton
-2:30pm - Town Hall in Queens
-4:15pm - Rally in Brooklyn, w/ Sen. Clinton
-6:00pm - Rally in Staten Island, w/ Sen. Clinton
-8:00pm - Town Hall in Hempstead

June 27, 2004 New Jersey
-10:45am - Town Hall in Newark
-11:30am - Rally in Newark
-1:20pm - Town Hall in Edison
-3:30pm - Rally in Trenton
-5:30pm - Town Hall in Princeton
-7:00pm - Student Forum at Princeton University

June 28, 2004 Pennsylvania
-11:45am - Rally in Philadelphia, w/ Gov. Rendell, Rep. Hoeffel, & State Sen. Schwartz
-2:00pm - Town Hall in Doylestown, w/ Gov. Rendell
-4:45pm - Town Hall in Allentown, w/ Gov. Rendell
-6:00pm - Rally in Allentown, w/ Gov. Rendell
-8:30pm - Town Hall For Parents in Scranton, w/ Gov. Rendell

JerryArkansas
jerryarkansas
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #998 on: June 17, 2014, 09:18:22 PM »

Senator Evan Bayh

Surrogate for Biden

May 27th, 2004:
-Launch reelection campaign for senate in Bloomington, IN.
-Rally in Avon, IN
-Town Hall in Indianapolis, IN

May 28th, 2004:
-Rally for Senator Biden in Indianapolis, IN
-Rally in Carmel, IN
-Town Hall in Kokomo, IN
-Rally in Lafayette, IN

May 29th, 2004:
-Town Hall in Gary, IN
-Volunteering at soup kitchen in Gary, IN
-Rally in Hammond, IN

May 30th, 2004:
-Town Hall in South Bend, IN
-Rally in Elkhart, IN
-Rally in Angola, IN
-Town Hall in Fort Bend, IN

May 31st, 2004:
-Rally in Defiance, OH with Eric Fingerhut
-Town Hall in Toledo, OH with Eric Fingerhut
-Town Hall in Toledo, OH with Eric Fingerhut

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #999 on: June 17, 2014, 09:51:54 PM »

LATEST POLLS SHOW BIDEN AND GIULIANI NECK AND NECK!

Gallup Tracking Poll: Giuliani +1

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 45%
(D) Joe Biden: 44%
(L) Gary Johnson: 4%
(G) Dennis Kucinich: 2%

George W. Bush Approval Rating: June 2004
Approve: 50%
Disapprove: 44%
Undecided: 6%

Support for the Iraq War: June 2004

Do you believe the War in Iraq was a mistake?

Yes: 48%
No: 46%
Undecided: 6%

Gallup TrackingPoll: Two-Way Race: Giuliani +2

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 47%
(D) Joe Biden: 45%

Polling: General Election Biden vs. Giuliani

Marist: Giuliani: 46%   Biden: 47%   Johnson: 3%   Kucinich: 2%

G/W Battleground: Giuliani: 47%   Biden: 45%   Johnson: 3%   Kucinich: 1%

CBS NEWS   Giuliani: 47%   Biden: 45%   Johnson: 2.5%   Kucinich: 0.5%

Fox News:   Giuliani: 48%   Biden: 45%   Johnson: 2%   Kucinich: 1%

NBC/WSJ:   Giuliani: 45%   Biden: 45%   Johnson: 4%   Kucinich: 2%