2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:42:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154321 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: April 03, 2014, 09:34:45 AM »
« edited: April 03, 2014, 09:37:43 AM by TheCranberry »

Al Gore – Campaign Schedule September 14th to 20th, 2003

September 14th; Des Moines, IA and Sioux City, IA:
-   Town Hall in Des Moines
-   Opening of the Des Moines Office
-   Drive to Sioux Falls
-   “An Evening with Al” – Al visits Diners and Bars in Sioux Falls

September 15th; Sioux City, IA and Bridgeport, CT:
-   Rally in Sioux City
-   Flight to Bridgeport
-   Press conference with Joe Lieberman; Announcement of Endorsement
-   Fundraiser at a local dinner party

Joe Lieberman: 4 Years ago, I ran for vice-president at the side of this man. We lost, but it didn’t stop Al from trying again. This spirit, that when you fall, you stand up and try again; this spirit is typical to this great country, and I think no one lives more after this principle then Al Gore. This, folks, is one of the reasons I encourage to vote for this man, Al Gore.

September 16th; Bridgeport, CT and Manchester, NH:
-   Town Hall in Bridgeport with Joe Lieberman
-   Drive to Manchester, Stop somewhere in rural MA/NH
-   Official opening of Manchester office
-   Rally in Downtown Manchester
-   Fundraiser with New Hampshire Democrats

September 17th; Manchester, NH and Columbia, SC:
-   Town Hall in Manchester
-   Flight to Columbia
-   Rally in Downtown Columbia
-   Private Meeting with South Carolina Democrat Officials and Donors

September 18th; Columbia, SC and Charleston, SC:

-   Town Hall in Columbia
-   Drive to Charleston, Short stop somewhere in rural SC
-   Official opening of the Charleston office
-   Rally in Downtown Charleston

September 19th; Charleston, SC and Nashville, TN:
-   Town Hall in Charleston
-   Flight to Nashville
-   Meeting at the Nashville Office
-       Rally in Downtown Nashville
-   Night at home with family

September 20th; Des Moines, IA:
-   Flight to Des Moines
-   Town Hall in Des Moines
-   Meeting at the Des Moines Office
-   Rally in Downtown Des Moines with Indiana Senator Evan Bayhes

TV AD - AL IS RUNNING AGAIN
Running in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina

Speaker: I want to present you a man you all know. He has been a Senator of Tennessee, a Vice-President for eight successful years, and the Democratic Party candidate in the 2000 election. He has always been a staunch advocate of the interests of all Americans, regardless of age, background and social status. This is a man who believes that every American should have equal chances in reaching their own American Dream. May I present you – AL GORE!
Al: I’m Al Gore, and with your help, I want to run for President!”
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #101 on: April 03, 2014, 09:39:50 AM »

AL GORE - Surrogate Schedule

Mike Dukakis:
-   September 14: Rally in Boston, MA
-   September 15: Rally in Concord, NH
-   September 16: Fundraiser in Boston, MA
-   September 18: Rally in Portsmouth, NH
-   September 20: Rally in Manchester, NH

Joe Lieberman:
-   September 15: Announcement of Endorsement
-   September 16: Town Hall with Al in Bridgeport, NH
-   September 17: Speech before Yale Students
-   September 18&19: Senate Duties
-   September 20: Fundraiser in Washington D.C.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #102 on: April 03, 2014, 12:30:20 PM »
« Edited: April 03, 2014, 12:34:39 PM by NHI »

General Election Polls:

Clinton v. Owens
Clinton: 46%
Owens: 45%

Clinton v. Giuliani
Clinton: 45%
Giuliani: 45%

Clinton v. Rumsfeld
Clinton: 45%
Rumsfeld: 43%

Clinton v. Johnson
Clinton: 50%
Johnson: 41%

Clinton v. Buchanan
Clinton: 51%
Buchanan: 35%

Gore v. Owens
Gore: 44%
Owens: 44%

Gore v. Giuliani
Giuliani: 45%
Gore: 43%

Gore v. Rumsfeld
Gore: 46%
Rumsfeld: 44%

Gore v. Johnson
Gore: 48%
Johnson: 42%

Gore v. Buchanan
Gore: 51%
Rumsfeld: 35%

Biden v. Owens
Biden: 45%

Biden v. Giuliani
Giuliani: 48%
Biden: 42%

Biden v. Rumsfeld
Rumsfeld: 45%

Biden v. Johnson
Johnson: 42%

Biden v. Buchanan
Biden: 50%
Buchanan: 37%

Edwards v. Owens
Edwards: 43%

Edwards v. Giuliani
Giuliani: 47%
Edwards: 42%

Edwards v. Rumsfeld
Rumsfeld: 45%
Edwards: 44%

Edwards v. Johnson
Edwards: 45%
Johnson: 40%

Edwards v. Buchanan:
Edwards: 50%
Buchanan: 38%

Kucinich v. Edwards
Owens: 46%
Kucinich: 40%

Kucinich v. Giuliani
Giuliani: 49%

Kucinich v. Rumsfeld
Rumsfeld: 49%

Kucinich v. Johnson
Johnson: 44%

Kucinich v. Buchanan
Kucinich: 46%
Buchanan: 39%

** George Allen's name was not included at the time of polling, but will be in the next cycle.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #103 on: April 03, 2014, 12:49:41 PM »

Owens Campaign Press Release

Ames, IA- Coming off a resounding victory at the Ames Straw Poll, general election polling confirms what people have been saying. Governor Owens is an electable conservative who our party can get behind. The latest polling suggests that our message is a good one and the American people are ready to elect Governor Owens the next President of the United States.

Letter to the Editor in the Des Moines Register

"I've been active in politics a long time, especially here in Iowa. I've heard all kinds of arguments made in favor of this candidate and that candidate. I've never really heard those arguments made as well as they're being made about Governor Bill Owens.

I'm going to be a stereotypical Iowan Republican and criticize the guy that everyone says is "the most electable." The general election poll showed Owens down 1 against a popular Hillary Clinton and Giuliani tied. There is a 1 point difference between the Mayor and the Governor. Only one point.

So, I would like to ask the party this, is it worth selling the soul of the Republican Party for a one point difference in polling over a year out from the election? We can throw out our values on the issues of life, family, and character by endorsing a liberal lawyer from New York who will probably win the general election by a couple points. Or, we can stand by our values, fight the good fight, and win at the end of the day.

Governor Owens is perfectly electable. We just need to put this primary to rest and stop taking bids on the soul of the party. If we can do that, we'll be just fine."
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #104 on: April 03, 2014, 08:59:35 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2014, 11:02:34 AM by SJoyce »

Edwards for President: Third!

We were honored to learn that we are currently in third in the Iowa caucuses and nationally, and that we lead in my home state of South Carolina. Our matchups in the general election look very favorable, only a few points behind the Republican candidates, a gap that is sure to narrow as our message reaches more Americans. We’re certain that we’ll continue to improve our position as more voters hear our message of uniting America. I’m also entirely willing to participate in the Nashua and Charleston debates with Senator Biden, Secretary Rumsfeld, and Governor Johnson - if it’s too late to join, then I’ll certainly show up to participate.

Schedule: September 14-20

September 14
-Flight to Charlotte, NC
-Town hall in Gaffney, SC
-Meet and greet in Blacksburg, SC
-Dinner with Rep. John Spratt in York, SC

September 15
-Meet and greet in Lancaster, SC
-Meet and greet in Hartsville, SC
-Meet and greet in Johnsonville, SC

September 16
-Meet and greet in Camden, SC
-Meet and greet in Stateburg, SC
-Speech in Pinewood, SC

Pinewood

It’s great to be here, in Pinewood, South Carolina. Other folks are visiting Charleston, Columbia, trying to get their votes - they’re not coming here to Pinewood, population a bit less than 500. They’re concerned about folks in Charleston - and sure, I’ll be visiting Charleston and Columbia as well. They’re fine cities, and the people there deserve to be listened to. But folks ‘round here, in Pinewood and Stateburg and Johnsonville, y’all deserve to be heard too. Why aren’t they coming here? Y’all are sensible people - I’ll leave it to you to figure out why the candidates of Washington, D.C. aren’t visiting Pinewood. Fact is, they’re only after votes. They didn’t grow up the son of a mill worker. They weren’t born in a small town like Pinewood. I’m in this race as the champion of regular people - the people I grew up with, the people who worked with my father in the mill, the people I fought for in the courts and in the Congress. I’m the candidate who can see things through your eyes. The son of a Congressman and the wife of a President - now, I’ve got a lot of respect for my opponents, but they just can’t understand what life here is like without living it. I’m doing pretty well for myself now, but I haven’t forgotten where I came from, and I haven’t forgotten my commitment to the people I grew up with. If we want to make Washington work for ordinary folks, we have to elect a President who knows ordinary folks. I’d be honored to count on your support.

September 17
-Meet and greet in St. Stephen, SC
-Meet and greet in Georgetown, SC
-Meet and greet in McClellanville, SC
-Meet and greet in Huger, SC

September 18
-Meet and greet in Moncks Corner, SC
-Town hall in Goose Creek, SC
-Town hall in Mount Pleasant, SC

September 19
-Rally in Charleston, SC
-Lunch with Senator Fritz Hollings and Mayor Joseph P. Riley, Jr.
-Meet and greet in Rantowles, SC
-Meet and greet in Edisto Island, SC

September 20
-Service at the Washington Street United Methodist Church, Columbia, SC
-Rally in Columbia, SC

Fiscal Discipline

Let’s talk about what’s wrong now. There is no question that our economy has taken plenty of hits that aren't the president's fault. We had a stock bubble burst and terrorist attacks and a string of corporate scandals. But these challenges demanded responses, not excuses, and this administration's economic policy has been a parody of the responsibility ethic. Faced with scandals like Enron, they were dragged to the altar of reform, they accepted a large increase in SEC funding while the cameras were clicking, and then they pulled back that increase once lobbyists came running. They have ignored skyrocketing drug costs and health costs that are choking business's ability to create jobs. In the international arena, where the world looks to us for guidance, they have sent conflicting signals to countries like Brazil that have caused real harm. Finally, they have not just presided over, they have led, the fastest squandering of tax dollars in Washington's storied history of squandering. Fiscal discipline isn't just a nice idea — it is an absolute requirement for long-term growth. Out-of-control deficits means the government competes with you for the capital you need to innovate, expand, and create jobs. Out-of control deficits means interest rates will soar when the economy starts to pick up, dragging it right back down. Out-of-control deficits means future retirees will have to fend for themselves because we've worsened the coming Social Security crisis and spent their money. And out-of-control deficits means that America may not be at full economic strength when we have to deal with some future crisis, like 9/11 and the war on terrorism. It is time to restore fiscal discipline to Washington for good.

-Dinner in Columbia, SC with former Gov. Jim Hodges, Mayor Coble, Treasurer Patterson, and Superintendent Tenenbaum.
-Flight to St. Louis, Missouri

New ad: Home

To air in the Charleston, Columbia, Florence/Myrtle Beach, Greenville, and Charlotte media markets.
I'm John Edwards.  I'm running for President. I was born right here in South Carolina. This was my first home. The folks I grew up with--they weren't famous and they sure weren't rich, but they worked long and hard to give their kids a better life. As President, I'll work hard to protect our jobs, make health care affordable, and open the doors of opportunity to everyone. I approved this message because I want you to know I will never forget where I come from and who I'm fighting for.

New Endorsement: Senator Bob Graham
I’ve dedicated my political career to advocating on the behalf of the little guy. The reason I got elected Governor was because I worked for and with the people - as a busboy, a construction worker, a fisherman, a factory worker, and a teacher. John Edwards is the one in this field who seems to me to be the one reaching out to the common man.

New Endorsement: Fmr. Majority Leader Dick Gephardt
I’ve spent a while in Congress, passing legislation while defending traditional Democratic ideals. And to me, there’s only one candidate who’s willing to stand up for the common man through promoting our economy and protecting social security like John Edwards is doing.

Campaign Statement
Recently a few people have asked why we're not issuing schedules for our surrogates. Truth is, I don't really see a need for that. Folks can talk to our surrogates all they want - but I'm the one running for President. It's my job to get out and talk to regular folks, not send someone to do it for me. We'll work with our surrogates to better get our message out, but we won't be sending them out on their own. People aren't voting for them, they're voting for me - and they at least deserve the courtesy of hearing what I have to say from me.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #105 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:51 PM »

"To those naysayers who continue to believe that my candidacy is weak or that I don't have what it takes to get to the White House, well, I guess the most recent polling goes to show you what is the real opinion that America has on my candidacy. Not only I beat two Democrats and tie another one, I'm almost tied with the strongest candidates the opposition has to offer. I'm not going to brag all the way to Washington, but people have to acknowledge that Americans are willing to back a man who is ready to continue the legacy of President Bush, a man who is ready to win the war and bring economic prosperity."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #106 on: April 03, 2014, 10:17:45 PM »

Excerpt from a Press Conference in Phoenix, AZ

I'd say my biggest competitor for the nomination is Secretary Rumsfeld. He's a strong man, a bit older than I am, but a dedicated public servant. He was a major asset during 9/11. He's done a lot of great work and is a good candidate for President. I still believe that I am the best, most qualified man to be our next President but if I don't receive the nomination I think Don will have a good shot at it. Governor Owens is just not experienced at leading. Sure, he's been Governor for a few years, but what struggles as he faced? Where is his record on handling crises? He's got some connections with the Russians but the Cold War is over. Our threats don't come from Europe, they come from militant, Islamic terrorists. Bill Owens isn't qualified to lead our nation and I'd be worried how he'd handle things if there was, God forbid, another terrorist attack on American soil.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #107 on: April 04, 2014, 11:20:49 AM »

Excerpts from a Press Conference in Miluakee, Wisconsin

There were people before now, that put me down, and tossed about my potential, now I'm leading 2 Republicans, tieing with 1, and only beating by a slim margin by the other, my campaign is not weak, it is a growing Campaign that unlike other ones, actually addresses what people want, some Campaigns like to decorate themselves and show themselves off and not giving any meat to what they're sayin', that's definitely not what's going on here, we a running a true, down to earth campaign that will be one to beat.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #108 on: April 04, 2014, 11:51:50 AM »

*Note: Not in anyway tied to the Owens Campaign, but Pickens and Perry are mine. I hope it's alright for me to sort of "write" for this organization since the leaders of it are my endorsers.*

Represent America

Represent America is an organization founded by grassroots activists who are passionate about reforming the Electoral College to reflect the people's will. The organization is establishing state chapters to gather petition signatures, rally support for electoral reform, and pressure states to adopt the proportional popular vote(PPV) method with their electors. Individuals from all over the political spectrum are joining the effort. Left-of-center activists are knocking on doors and long-time friends of the Republican Party, T. Boone Pickens and Bob Perry, are sorting out the infrastructural and fundraising concerns of the organization. Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney is also campaigning for and support the organization.

Several state chapters are already operational at the time of launch. The top priority of the organization is to get electoral reform referendums on the ballot for the primary election. The following chapters are already active:

-Represent California
-Represent New York
-Represent Pennsylvania
-Represent Ohio
-Represent Minnesota
-Represent Washington

The largest petition so far is for Represent California. As with all Represent initiatives, the proposition will enact PPV electoral college seats in the 2004 Presidential Election. Represent California activists are already nearly 50% to their goal of ballot access.

A citizens lobbying wing of Represent Pennsylvania has convinced a handful of legislators to sponsor electoral reform before the 2004 Presidential Election. These legislators, 4 Republicans and 2 Democrats, are lobbying their colleagues to win support for the reform. The halls are bustling with citizens who want to make their voices heard and make sure their votes count at election time.

All other state chapters are following one of the two models, Represent Ohio is doing both. In many of these states, there is moderate traction for electoral reform. The movement is striking a nice populist tone that appeals to many on both sides of the aisle. The majority of the traction and national resources, however, can be found in blue states due to their progressive nature and want for reform.

Represent America, the national organization, is calling on all presidential candidates to publicly back the currently formed state chapters. The organization's members could play a pivotal role in the primaries of both parties. The organization is also very, very well funded and is prepared to air ads in support of electoral reform.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #109 on: April 04, 2014, 12:02:53 PM »

I've heard everything from my opponents: fringe, unelectable, a nobody. But I take a look at some of these polls that have been coming out and I have reason to doubt them. I'm in the 40s against all of the Republicans without nearly the money nor the name recognition as the other Democrats in this race. And if you look at what the Republicans stand for, the American people will see they have a better choice in Dennis Kucinich. There's only one way we can go now, and that's up. My campaign has been getting traction across the country and while there's much work to be done, I'm happy with the position we're in at the moment.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #110 on: April 04, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »

Kucinich Campaign Statement on Represent America

Congressman Kucinich is proud to support Represent America and its goals for electoral reform. The Electoral College does not reflect the will of the people in this day and age, and it is time for a true grassroots movement to overhaul how the President of the United States is elected in a way that truly respects the vote of each and every single American. This bipartisan effort is a stepping stone to making a better nation, and Congressman Kucinich will be talking about the issue in the months ahead.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #111 on: April 04, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »

Owens Wants You Represented

Des Moines, IA- The Owens campaign is now endorsing the Represent America organization. Represent America is giving us the opportunity to cast an even more consequential vote. Meaningful electoral reform is something that people have always paid lip service to. Now, we have a chance to enact it in such a way that doesn't destabilize the country.

The Owens campaign will be in contact with Represent America about scheduling a couple rallies for the organization in their target states. Republicans have an interest in making sure the government has a responsibility to listen to the people. Republican in primary states where Represent America is working should sign the access petitions and vote in favor of the referendum.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #112 on: April 04, 2014, 12:26:50 PM »

Biden for President
Interview with Chris Matthews:Represent America

Matthews: Senator Biden, what do you think of the Represent America project, which apparently aims to instill a National Popular Vote System in the US, instead of the current Electoral College we have, it has currently gained ground in mainly California and Pennsylvania

Biden: Well, I am proud to say that I support this whole heartedly, it is a big shame that this sort of stuff hasn't happened before, I mean, before I became Senator, I supported the Bayh-Celler Amendment fully, but now with the Project Represent America, or the PRA as I call it, now, one problem I do have is that it's not focusing enough on the small states, I mean, they matter just as much as a big state like California, but that's the sole one, this will ensure what people want, not what other people think people want, y'know, people normally call you an extremist when you support these kinds of things, but I'm glad that others are supporting this, big names, uh, Perry, Owens, Romney, I'm glad that Conservatives are jumping on board with this, hopefully I'll get some rallies up about it, and yeah, I fully endorse Project Represent America.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #113 on: April 04, 2014, 12:32:59 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Schedule:

Sept 14th:
Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Dover, NH
Rally and Speech, and Meet and Greet in Rochester, NH

It would seem that my fellow candidates are fighting about who would be the best president, and they fail to mention my name! They're scared of change, and only want the status quo! They talk about credentials, so let me share mine, I was a two term governor of a swing state, kept a balanced budget the entire time I was in office, and never stopped fighting for civil liberties! I know how to get things done, I know how to work across the aisle, and I'm not afraid to tackle the issues!

Sept. 15th:
Meet and Greet in Laconia, NH
Rally and Town Hall in Concord, NH
Fundraiser, Rally and Speech in Manchester, NH

It seems today that Republicans are too focused on involving America in foreign entanglements, rather that fixing the problems here at home. We need to get focused, get Osama Bin Laden, and then get out! Do the job we are supposed to do, and that is taking care of and defending the American people! No more skyrocketing deficits! Well defended borders! We have a chance to change the country's course of action, and together I know we can do it! Stand with me and live free!

Sept. 16th:
Town Hall in Derry, NH
Speech and Rally in Nashua, NH
Town Hall in Keene, NH

Excerpt from Town Hall:
Questioner:What would you say makes you most qualified to be president?
Johnson: Well, I would say my experience as Governor, I was able to work with both sides to balanced a budget every year, and I was willing to stand up for my principles. There was a reason they nicknamed me Governor Veto. As president I am sure I can work with both sides to get this country back on track.

Sept. 17th:
Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
Town Hall in Clinton, IA
Meet and Greet in DeWitt, IA
Meet and Greet in Eldridge, IA

Live Free! That's my campaign slogan, why? Because I believe in the principles of America, living life without the government tell you what to do! Of personal freedom, to homeschool, of religious freedom without persecution! Of Economic freedom, to be free of an oppressive income tax, to be free of high corporate taxes choking small business! Just look at my track record and you will see that I have consistently done this as Governor, and I will do so as president!

Sept. 18th:
Rally and Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
Meet and Greet in North Liberty, IA
Rally, fundraiser, and Campaign Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA

As Governor I practiced what I preached, small government. I vetoed more bills than all other governors combined! If you stand with me, we can bring true small government leadership to the White House. I am a fiscal conservative, and I can prove it thanks to my track record as governor!

Sept. 19th:
Rally and Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
Rally and Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Fort Dodge, IA

Sept. 20th:
Rally and Town Hall in Ames, IA
Rally, Fundraiser, and Campaign Speech in Des Moines, IA
Rally and Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA

I am the true conservative of this race! I am the only candidate that will bring honor, integrity, and small government back to the White House! I have a vision of a brighter America! I know we can all work together, and under a Johnson administration we will tackle all the issues facing America! Let's stand up and fight the Washington insiders! Let's LIVE FREE!

Surrogates:

Fmr. Gov. Jesse Ventura:

As an Independent Governor I know how hard it is to work with both parties and get things done, but as Governor of New Mexico, Gary Johnson did both of those things. He is the man who is honest, and ready to shake things up in Washington, let's get behind him and Live Free!

Sept. 14th-Sept. 20th:

Campaign, GOTV, Barnstorm Iowa.

Rep. Ron Paul:

Governor Johnson is the candidate all conservatives should rally around! He is a true small government candidate, and the only one who I could imagine supporting. His experience as Governor, along with his track record leads me to believe he is America's chance for a real change.

Sept. 14th-Sept. 17th:
Running Moneybomb fundraisers for Johnson. (appointed as Fundraising Advisor)
Sept. 18th-20th:
Barnstorming and GOTV in New Hampshire.

Gov. Buddy Roemer:

Governor's are the one's most capable to be President, and Gary Johnson is the most capable governor running for President. He has experience, a proven track record, and the convictions of a tried and true conservative. Let's elect Gary Johnson!

Sept. 14th-Sept. 17th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Missouri
Sept. 18th-20th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in South Carolina

Fmr. Rep. Barry Goldwater Jr.

My Father ran for president in 1964, and lost to a man named Johnson, a big government democrat who led us into Vietnam. Now we republicans have a candidate named Johnson, one who stands for conservative ideals, and small government. Someone who my father would be proud to endorse. Johnson is the candidate with conservative credentials in a swing state, and the Republican party needs to get behind him. A candidate like Johnson does not come around often, and we as a party need him!

Sept. 14th-17th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in NH
Sept. 18th-20th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Arizona

Gary Johnson Press Release on Represent America:

As a presidential candidate, I proudly back the efforts of grassroots, and Represent America. We most definitely need electoral reform, in fact I would support instant runoff voting in all states for federal elections. I know we can work together to bring about sensible electoral reform.

Radio Ad from last week to run again this week

Press Release:
Johnson Moneybombs have broken records for the most contributions to a candidate in one day!
Recordbreaker: 4.2 Million in one day!
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #114 on: April 04, 2014, 02:17:30 PM »
« Edited: April 04, 2014, 02:32:10 PM by SJoyce »

Speech on Represent America

To be broadcast live on CNN and MSNBC.

♫ I'll tip my hat to the new constitution/Take a bow for the new revolution/Smile and grin at the change all around/Pick up my guitar and play/Just like yesterday/Then I’ll get on my knees and pray/We don’t get fooled again. ♫

Let’s talk about Represent America. If you came to me telling me that a grassroots organization is attempting to reform the Electoral College to make things more democratic, I’d say great. If you told me that this campaign was being bankrolled by two of the leading funders of the Republican Party and organized by a Republican governor - well, I may be a bit more hesitant to call it nonpartisan. But I’d still give it a shot. This organization is getting electoral reform measures on the ballot in California, New York, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Minnesota, and Washington. Now, wait a second, you may say - those are all Democratic states. Where is Represent Texas or Represent Georgia? The answer is, they don’t exist and they won’t exist.

I don’t like the electoral college, and I agree with my fellow Democrats who have condemned it as not reflecting the will of the people, as well as people like Governor Johnson who support sensible electoral reform. In particular, I agree with Congressman Kucinich when he says that we need a true grassroots movement to overhaul how the President is elected - something like the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact. But this isn’t a true grassroots movement. This is a Republican movement, bankrolled by Republican operatives, designed to empower Republicans in blue states while entirely ignoring Democrats in red states. It’s clever, I admit - nearly had me fooled for a minute, and I can understand why my fellow Democrats are initially backing the effort. But I, and the sensible Americans standing with me, can see this for what it is.

I support efforts to make the people’s voice heard in Washington, and that’s what my campaign is all about. But this isn’t an effort to make the people’s voice heard. This is an effort devoted solely to helping Republicans. If this movement wants my support, there’s two things that have to happen - you get this change passed in states like Texas, Florida, Ohio and Georgia, and Mr. Pickens and Mr. Perry, I need you to look me in the eye and swear that this organization had no hidden agenda whatsoever behind it. I need you to swear that this wasn’t coordinated with anybody in the Republican Party, and that you had no intentions of using this to influence the 2004 presidential election in the direction of the candidate you’re backing. Only then, once you give me your word that this isn’t a partisan operation, and once you prove it with your actions and funding, will I consider supporting this organization. Until that happens, I’ll be discouraging everyone who cares about a fair election from backing this Republican front group.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #115 on: April 04, 2014, 02:56:25 PM »

An Offer For Vice President Gore

Represent America is extending an opportunity to Vice President Gore. To dispel rumors and the insinuations that this organization is partisan in nature, we are offering to launch Represent Tennessee with you at its head.

This organization is not about red states and blue states, but the United States. We hope that Vice President Gore takes us up on this offer.

Senator Edward's accusations about a partisan nature to the organization are false. Resources are limited and they are following the footsoldiers.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #116 on: April 04, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »

The George Allen Campaign stands with Represent America, a valiant force that will reform our electoral system.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #117 on: April 04, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »

Buchanan Statement on the Electoral Reform Movement.
"For two centuries, our Constitution has stood the test of time. It is a shame to see so many of my fellow Republicans and so called "conservatives" endorsing an organization which seeks to radically transform the American electoral system.  These proposals will weaken the power of states in the long run, and will create a system alien to our way of life, where the majority (usually) wins. I don't want any part of it, and frankly, I don't think most Americans do either."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #118 on: April 04, 2014, 09:19:02 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2014, 04:58:16 PM by NHI »

Round II is Officially Closed.
Round III: September 21-28

2004 Presidential Primary
Governor Bill Owens continues to make his name known in the GOP primary. Coupled by a strong week on the campaign trail and groundswell of support, he clearly has many in the party looking at the Colorado Governor as a serious contender for the nomination.

John Edwards is making his case to be a 'new democrat' and appealing to the working class. Early polls put him a strong contender for the nomination and in a race against the Republicans. His strong campaign push in the early primary states has pushed him past Al Gore into the number two spot in the race for the Democratic nomination.

Rudy Giuliani remains the frontrunner for the Republican nomination and views Donald Rumsfeld as his strongest competitor. He opened fire on his rising candidate Bill Owens as 'inexperienced' when it comes to handling crisis. Giuliani continues to play up his experience in dealing with the aftermath of the 9/11 Attacks, which is the cornerstone of his campaign.

George Allen's late entry into the race is seen by many as a way of uniting the factions within the party. Coupled with a strong resume and a powerful fundraising apparatus Allen maybe the man to be beat.
Hillary Clinton still remains a favorite for the Democratic nomination, but some have question her campaign's infrastructure and longevity in what many suspect to be a slog of a primary process. John Edwards remains a strong insurgent for the nomination and with Al Gore and Joe Biden still factors pundits believe Clinton will need to step up her game and separate herself from the other candidates and make the case on why she should be the Democratic nominee.

Candidates Joe Biden, Pat Buchanan Gary Johnson and Dennis Kucinich continue to be factors in the race, and are running strong efforts in the early primary states and getting their message out. Whether they have staying power remains to be seen. In the case of Johnson, Biden and Kucinich all have come on strong in the early primary states and a targeting key components of the primary electorate, hoping to build a strong coalition that can propel them to victory in the early states.

Democratic Nomination Poll: September 2003

Hillary Clinton: 24%
John Edwards: 20%
Al Gore:            15%
Joe Biden:         13%
Dennis Kucinich: 11%
Undecided: 17%

Republican Nomination Poll: September 2003

Rudy Giuliani: 21%
Bill Owens:      19%
Donald Rumsfeld:  16%
George Allen: 13%
Gary Johnson: 13%
Pat Buchanan: 5%
Undecided: 12%

---

Iowa: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 23%
John Edwards: 21%
Joe Biden:       18%
Al Gore:            12%
Undecided: 15%

Iowa: Republicans
Bill Owens: 22%
Gary Johnson: 19%
Rudy Giuliani: 11%
Donald Rumsfeld: 10%
Pat Buchanan: 7%
Undecided: 16%

New Hampshire: Democrat
Hillary Clinton: 27%
John Edwards: 22%
Al Gore:            12%
Joe Biden:         12%
Dennis Kucinich: 12%
Undecided: 15%

New Hampshire: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 20%
Bill Owens: 18%
Gary Johnson: 16%
Donald Rumsfeld: 14%
George Allen: 11%
Pat Buchanan: 10%
Undecided: 11%

-----
Mini-Super Tuesday Polls:

Arizona: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 21%
Al Gore:           16%
John Edwards: 16%
Joe Biden:        13%
Dennis Kucinich: 13%
Undecided: 19%

Arizona: Republicans
Bill Owens: 20%
Rudy Giuliani: 20%
Gary Johnson: 18%
Donald Rumsfeld: 11%
Pat Buchanan: 4%

Delaware: Democrats
Joe Biden: 48%
Hillary Clinton: 17%
Al Gore: 9%
John Edwards: 9%
Dennis Kucinich: 9%
Undecided: 8%

Delaware: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 27%
Bill Owens: 21%
Donald Rumsfeld: 13%
George Allen: 12%
Gary Johnson: 11%

Missouri: Democrats

Hillary Clinton: 25%
John Edwards: 23%
Al Gore: 16%
Joe Biden: 10%
Dennis Kucinich: 7%
Undecided: 19%

Missouri: Republicans
Bill Owens: 20%
George Allen: 19%
Rudy Giuliani; 19%
Donald Rumsfeld: 14%
Undecided: 11%

New Mexico: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 24%
John Edwards: 18%
Joe Biden: 17%
Al Gore: 14%
Dennis Kucinich: 12%
Undecided: 14%

New Mexico: Republicans
Gary Johnson: 50%
Bill Owens: 14%
Rudy Giuliani: 13%
Donald Rumsfeld: 8%
George Allen: 7%
Undecided: 3%

North Dakota: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 29%
John Edwards: 19%
Joe Biden: 18%
Al Gore: 11%

North Dakota: Republicans
Bill Owens: 26%
Gary Johnson: 22%
Rudy Giuliani: 16%
Donald Rumsfeld: 13%
George Allen: 9%
Undecided: 9%

Oklahoma: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 28%
John Edwards: 18%
Joe Biden: 14%
Dennis Kucinich: 10%
Al Gore: 10%
Undecided: 20%

Oklahoma: Republicans
Bill Owens: 23%
Rudy Giuliani: 23%
Donald Rumsfeld: 15%
George Allen: 11%
Undecided: 13%

South Carolina: Democrats
John Edwards: 29%
Hillary Clinton: 22%
Al Gore: 16%
Joe Biden: 14%
Undecided: 8%

South Carolina: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 24%
Bill Owens: 23%
Donald Rumsfeld: 18%
George Allen: 12%
Gary Johnson: 10%
Undecided: 9%

Endorsements:
Hillary Clinton:
John Edwards: Sen. Fritz Hollings, Mayor Riley and SIEU
Dennis Kucinich: Jesse Jackson, Bernie Sanders and Sierra Club
Al Gore:
Joe Biden: Sen. Arlen Specter

Rudy Giuliani: Nancy Reagan, Senator George Voinovich, Sheldon Adelson
Bill Owens: Senator John Ensign.
Donald Rumsfeld: Gov. Mark Sanford and Sen. Peter Fitzgerald

Round III is Open and Will Close on Monday at 10:30 pm EST

After this round I am proposing a debate between the candidates, for Round IV, then moving ahead to the middle of December for Round V? Let me know if you're all in agreement. -- NHI
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #119 on: April 04, 2014, 09:29:27 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Sept. 21st-27th, 2003

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Senator John McCain
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Mike DeHaime
Energy Policy Director: Governor Angus King
Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster: Dr. Mark Campbell

September 21st, 2003; Concord, NH
-- Launch “Straight Talk” Bus Tour with Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Concord, NH with Sen. McCain
-- Visit Steeplegate Mall with Sen. McCain
-- Drive to Manchester, NH

Excerpt from Straight Talk Speech Mayor Giuliani: Four years ago, Senator McCain launched his ‘Straight Talk Express” Bus tour to connect to common Americans. Bringing the talk to the people, in all the small cities and towns, helped Senator McCain win the great state of New Hampshire. I’m here to take up the Senator’s torch and continue on the tradition of commonsense, moderate Republicans speaking directly to the American people about real issues, not political talking points.

September 22nd, 2003; Manchester, NH
-- Continue “Straight Talk” Bus Tour with Sen. McCain
-- Interview with New Hampshire Union Leader
-- Meet and Greet at Saint Anselm’s College
-- Press Conference with Nancy Reagan to announce endorsement
-- Launch “Students for Giuliani” Coalition
-- Drive to Boston, MA

September 23rd, 2003; Boston, MA
-- Continue “Straight Talk” Bus Tour
-- Walk the Freedom Trail
-- Fundraiser with State Republican Party Donors
-- Watch Red Sox game
-- Drive to New York City, NY

September 24th, 2003: New York City, NY
-- Appearance on Today
-- Meeting with campaign staff to discuss infrastructure
-- Fundraiser with Mayor Bloomberg and Gov. Pataki
-- Appearance on Larry King Live
-- Drive to Ames, IA

Excerpt from Today appearance Mayor Giuliani: Katie, I won’t hide it. Governor Owens and I don’t see eye to eye. He’s vying for most conservative candidate, against Senator Allen, and I’m vying for the Republican nomination for President. He wants to use people’s personal struggles against them, I want to talk to the American people about the issues.

September 25th, 2003: Ames, IA
-- Attend campaign office opening in Ames
-- Barnstorm in Ames with Gov. King
-- Private meeting with Sen. Grassley
-- Fundraiser with Gov. King
-- Drive to Des Moines, IA

September 26th, 2003: Des Moines, IA
-- Meeting with Campaign Staff to discuss polling
-- Meet with local farmers
-- Press Conference with Sheldon Adelson announcing endorsement
-- Launch “Farmers for Giuliani” Coalition
-- Drive to Troy, OH

September 27th, 2003: Troy, OH
-- Private meeting with Rep. Boehner and Sen. McCain
-- Private meeting with Sen. Voinovich and Sen. McCain
-- Press Conference with Sen. Voinovich announcing endorsement
-- Fundraiser with Sen. McCain and Sen. Voinovich
-- Launch “Veterans for Giuliani” Coalition with Sen. McCain

Excerpt from “Veterans for Giuliani” Speech Mayor Giuliani: Thank you all for your service to this country. You have made the ultimate sacrifice to America, you chanced death in order to protect democracy, and you came home. All of America’s veterans are heroes, whether you saw combat or not. Under a Giuliani Administration, I promise to reform the VA to ensure that those heroes who return to us can live full lives, receive their benefits in a timely manner, and be treated to the medical care they deserve.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

[quote]Giuliani 2004 Radio Ad
Airing in Michigan, Wisconsin, Ohio, New York

Narrator:  America has always been a captain of industry. For centuries people from across the globe have looked to cities like Detroit, Milwaukee, Akron, and Buffalo for inspiration and innovation. In the past ten years, America had started to slide as an industrial hub, leading to the rise of cheap, shoddy products from China, Taiwan, and Vietnam. Rudy Giuliani promises to never give up on America, never give in to foreign pressure, never give away our jobs. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #120 on: April 05, 2014, 12:31:49 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2014, 01:18:14 AM by Governor Spiral »

OOC: I'm fine with your plan, NHI.

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: September 21-27

September 21
-Town Hall in Weare, NH
-Town Hall in Plaistow, NH
-Town Hall in Pembroke, NH
-Town Hall in Pinardville, NH
-Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor

As Democrats, we need to be united once the general election comes. But with that said, we can't simply go around with nominating anybody. The standard-bearer of our party needs to show that they have a spine and that they won't back down from a fight. Even if it may be painful at first with whatever our opponents throw at us, know that we've got the right ideas and we'll eventually win the war! I'd like to bring up my own record in Congress at the moment here. Remember when George Bush and his pals were hyping up Iraq last year? I was at the forefront of the opposition. I rallied Democrats around me who had the courage to say no to this illegal and immoral war. We may not have succeeded in 2002, but I have a feeling that 2004 will leave us much more optimistic. Let's win this thing together, New Hampshire!

September 22
-Meet and Greet in Seabrook Beach, NH
-Meet and Greet in Antrim, NH
-Meet and Greet in Epping, NH
-Meet and Greet in Gorham, NH
-Meeting with progressive activists in Dover, NH

Take a look with where I've stood in office. You'll find that out of all the candidates I have been the most consistent far and away. Who has stood with you for peace, for a clean environment, for well-paying jobs, and for healthcare for all? I've never wavered from these issues and you know that I will always fight on behalf of working-class Americans, not whoever is rich enough to finance my campaigns. Democrats shouldn't' run away from Democratic ideas like the Republicans want us to. If we're fractured, then we'll lose. But if we run on principle, then we'll be able to overcome and take back the White House!

September 23
-Town Hall in Suncook, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Portsmouth, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rochester, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Nashua, NH
-Discussing campaign strategy with advisors in Manchester, NH

New Hampshire seems to be quite receptive to my message of peace. We've been doing good work in this state so far, but we need to ramp things up. Clinton, Edwards, and Gore are still at the top of the polls and we need to make sure that this campaign will serve as a referendum not just on the Republicans, but on the Democrats who've failed to live up to their promises. Liberals want someone who can stand up for them. I'm not the most well known but it's up to all of us to spread the message. Great job, team. Keep at it.

September 24
-Rally and Fundraiser in Clinton, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fort Dodge, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Ankeny, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Coralville, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA

I see that John Edwards has been rising in the polls, and very rapidly at that. I completely understand why that is: He's running a solid campaign that's touching Americans right at their core. There are many things where I agree with Senator Edwards on and he actually impresses me more than many of the other candidates. He's just not the right choice for Democrats this election, though. He will have to explain the blight in his record that is going along with the Bush agenda and authorizing these disastrous wars. He may say that he's completely against involvement over there now, but where was he back when this country had the debate? There was plenty of evidence back then that led me and many others in Congress to believe that this was nothing more than a misguided adventure that can only end badly. The billions we're projected to spend and the hundreds of troops lost from our decision cannot be taken lightly. That is where my opponents fail: they cannot justify their records. We need a representative for the party that has fought the hard battle from the very beginning, and I'm the only voice in this race for that.

September 25
-Meet and Greet in Fairfax, IA
-Meet and Greet in Park View, IA
-Meet and Greet in Toledo, IA
-Meet and Greet in Jesup, IA
-Meeting with farming community in Odebolt, IA

September 26
-Meet and Greet in Clayton, NM
-Meet and Greet in Eunice, NM
-Meet and Greet in Peralta, NM
-Town Hall in Bloomfield, NM
-Town Hall in Grants, NM

September 27
-Town Hall in North Valley, NM
-Town Hall in Zuni Pueblo, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Hobbs, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Clovis, NM
-Roundtable discussion on immigration in Santa Fe, NM

Thank you all for coming here. Immigration is definitely an important issue that is worthy of discussion. I see this issue as being spun in a certain way that limits the conversation. Politicians always talk about the problem of "illegal immigrants." Who's an "illegal immigrant," exactly? What they really are are just undocumented citizens, because I don't believe that we have illegal people. They're trying to settle down and find a better life for themselves and their family just like all other immigrants. Restricting the right of travel in that manner strikes me as being quite authoritarian. Folks, do we really want to live in East Berlin?

Kucinich Endorsements

Jesse Jackson: As many of you may know, I ran for President myself a couple of times, so I know how the process goes. I tried to bring light to issues that weren't being discussed by any of the other candidates, such as making sure our minority communities don't get left behind and reevaluating the War on Drugs that we're waging in this country. I see Dennis Kucinich and what he stands for and I have to say that I'm quite impressed. He's been a friend of the African-American community and of all minorities, and this election year I'll be throwing my full support behind his campaign.

Bernie Sanders: We're facing a critical juncture in this country. You've been seeing the last couple of decades with a disturbing trend: While the richest 1% have been gaining more and more wealth, the middle class has been stagnant all these years. It worries me greatly that income inequality is a growing problem, and I can say that Dennis Kucinich, who I'm proud to work with Congress, is the best equipped to tackle all of our problems. The left must unite behind this man if we want to see action now!

Sierra Club: The Sierra Club is happy to announce its endorsement of Congressman Dennis Kucinich for President. After reviewing the records of all the prospective candidates, Congressman Kucinich has stood out from the pack. He has been a solid voice for environmentalists everywhere, standing up against Big Oil, leading the fight for renewable energy sources, and advocating for greater federal efforts for conservation.

TV Ad: Hillary

Hillary Clinton wants to be the Democratic nominee. She promises she will be a break from George W. Bush. But what is Senator Clinton's record really like? As Senator, she went along with Bush to invade Iraq and to authorize the PATRIOT Act. Same old, same old. Dennis Kucinich has always stood in opposition, even as the lonely voice. He fights for what he believes in. Dennis Kucinich: a Democrat with principle. I'm Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #121 on: April 05, 2014, 07:07:48 AM »

Al Gore's Response to Represent America's offer

I have to admit, I myself was suspicious of Represent America at first, especially after Senator Edwards speech. But the response to it fully turned my opinion. While at first, the organisation truly was represented just in so called "blue states", while backed by Republicans; the same organisation also being represented in a so called "red state", my beautiful home state of Tennessee; and backed by many Democrats, including myself; one can now honestly say, this organisation represents all Americans, in blue and red states. I gladly accept your offer, and I want to give what I can to help build up Represent America in Tennessee.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #122 on: April 05, 2014, 07:42:36 AM »

*Owens Campaign schedule will be out later. It takes a long while for me to write my schedules. *

Calling on Senator Edwards to Retract His Attack on Represent America

Senator Edwards came out in opposition to Represent America by attacking it as a partisan organization. A Vice President Gore has demonstrated, Represent America has no partisan leaning. Represent America's spokesman had this to say about the attack, "If this organization were in the business of playing politics with the electoral college, we'd be advocating for a congressional district style of apportionment with the winner of the most CD's getting the Senators. That's what the organization would like like if it had an interest in that sort of business."

The Proportional Popular Vote Method is the closest to electing-on-popular-vote we can get without a constitutional amendment. PPV distributes electors proportional to the percent of the vote each candidate received. The measure represents the will of the people better than a winner-take-all system.

Represent California has reached its ballot access requirements. PPV will be up for referendum with the primaries. The PPV method will be used to apportion electors for the 2004 Electoral College.

Represent New York has a bill that has passed committee is expected to be discussed on the floor shortly.

Represent America is calling on all of its supporters, grassroots and candidates, to pressure New York legislators to support the legislation and campaign for the referendum in California.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #123 on: April 05, 2014, 10:37:05 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2014, 07:05:44 AM by TheCranberry »

OOC: I'm also fine with the plan.

Al Gore – Campaign Schedule September 21st to 27th, 2003

September 21st – Iowa
-   Rally in Mason City, IA
-   Rally in Fort Dodge, IA
-   Rally in Waterloo, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Ames, IA

A movement has begun to rise in the last days, people of Iowa, of the United States, a movement that wants to put the power to elect the president fully to the people, and get one big step further away from our current, far too undemocratic system. All candidates for the 2004 Election, candidates who claim to support the people, be it Republicans or Democrats, are in favour of this movement, and I count myself proudly to this men and women. Yet, one candidate is missing in this list; he even spoke out against it openly and loudly. You all know I speak of Senator Edwards. He says he is a man of the people. Would a man of the people really oppose measures for the benefit of the people, measures the people broadly support?

September 22nd – Iowa
-   Rally in Iowa City, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
-   Rally in Burlington, IA

September 23rd – South Carolina

-   Rally and Fundraiser in Greenville, SC
-   Rally in Lexington, SC
-   Rally in Camden, SC
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Florence, SC

Y’all know me, don’t you? Well, I know the people of South Carolina, of the United State, as well. I know that we’re a proud nation, and damn, we can be proud. And I know that we are a hard-working nation, and we can proud of that, too. This has brought us so far; our spirit truly made us a great nation. A great nation however is always just as strong as the weakest part of this nation. I am here to tell you – I plan to make that weakest part of the nation stronger, thus to strengthen the nation as whole. We have seen where trickle-down economics have brought us, now it is the time for trickle-up economics. I, Al Gore, will always support measures to help the weak in our society, so they can live their American Dream. Know that, people of South Carolina, people of the United States.

September 24th – Arizona
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Tucson, AZ
-   Rally in Mesa, AZ
-   Rally in Glendale, AZ
-   Rally in Downtown Phoenix, AZ
-   Fundraiser in Phoenix

Arizona has faith in me or at least it looks like it in the polls. Sure, the race is crowed in the Grand Canyon state, but still, I finished second in the polls, just slightly behind Mrs Clinton. The message I heard of so many Arizonians, of so many Americans, however, tells us another story: Many of you adore Mrs Clinton, and that I can understand, I have had the pleasure to work with her for 8 years, and she has always been a wise, deliberate woman. Yet, she also supported so many measures of the Bush administration, while at the same time she says she will make a difference; that I find it hard to believe her. And I have heard that many of you feel the same.

September 25th – Missouri

-   Rally and Fundraiser in Kansas City, MO
-   Rally in Jefferson City, MO
-   Rally in Columbia, MO
-   Rally and Fundraiser in St Louis, MO

September 26th – Iowa

-   Rally in Creston, IA
-   Rally in Red Oak, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Sioux City, IA

September 27th – Iowa

-   Rally in Atlantic, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
-   Rally in Newton, IA
-   Meeting in the Des Moines Office

I bet a lot of Iowans know me; after all I won here, four years ago. It was an intense and narrowly decided contest, but Iowa gave me its trust. I decided I would try to not lose that trust, whether I would win in the end or not and today I’m here and ask you – Does Iowa still trust me to be president? I’m here today to tell you, what I would do if Iowa gave me that trust again, next January and November. I am a man, who before all wants every American to have equal chances to fulfil their American Dream. This is my main principle, and I won’t go away for it, for no prize in this world – because this is for what Iowa gave my its trust. And I won’t lose this trust!

TV AD: AMERICA - A GREAT NATION

America is a great nation, a nation of entrepreneurs and employees, a nation of idealists and pragmatics, a nation of young and old, of male and female. Al Gore is the right choice for all of these groups, the right choice if YOU believe that America can do better, and if YOU believe that everyone should have the equal opportunity to do better. I’m Al Gore and I approve of this message.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #124 on: April 06, 2014, 07:16:52 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2014, 10:28:01 AM by TheCranberry »

Al Gore - Surrogates

Michael Dukakis:

September 21st – September 27th
Rallies and GOTV throughout New Hampshire

Joe Lieberman:

September 21st – September 27th
Rallies and GOTV throughout New Hampshire, Maine and Connecticut

New Endorsements:

Center for American Progress:

“Al Gore is a man that has always fought for the advance and good of America. In many ways he has been a consistent and staunch advocate of the people, and therefore the Center for American Progress is very happy to endorse Al Gore.”

Evan Bayh

“I’ve had the pleasure to interact and discuss with this man, and after a thorough consider, I’m more than happy and eager to announce my endorsement for Al Gore. As congressmen, as a senator of Tennessee and as Vice President, he always was a man of the people, a man advocating and promoting only legislation that helped the people. This is the man, folks!”

September 21st – September 23th
Rallies and GOTV throughout Missouri and Iowa

September 24th
Meeting and Fundraiser with Indiana Democrats

September 25th – September 27th
Rallies and GOTV throughout Indiana and Iowa

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies