2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:34:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154319 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: April 08, 2014, 08:20:21 PM »

Campaign Manager: Karen Hughes

"I'm happy to sign on with the George Allen for President campaign! The Senator has shown, beyond a shadow of a doubt the compassion and level-headedness necessary to continue to surge in Iraq. I have no doubts that our mission forward will be a steady one."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #151 on: April 08, 2014, 08:57:15 PM »

Hillary Clinton Surrogates

Bill Clinton

September 21, 2003

Rally in Lyons, Colorado

Governor Owens, Governor Perry, Governor Romney and those who founded Represent America must be crazy to think the American Public won't see through their charade. Hillary and I and are shocked and appalled at Al Gore a man I respected and trusted would support this, that Dennis Kucinich, who's been a lone liberal on many similar issues for years, supports this, that Joe Biden, someone who this administration has trusted on many issues, would drink the poisoned chalice. I'm not sure I've ever seen an issue Hillary, John Edwards, and Pat Buchanan agree on that's the correct position, but this is it. Hillary's opinion, and to a lesser extant my own, is politicians and the wealthy are within their rights to create what are called "PAC'S" but they most certainly do not have the right to pretend that they have grassroots support.

Speech at Peak to Peak Charter School in Lafayette, Colorado

The Charter School Phenomenon was before my time, but Hillary and I have been working on our Philosophy, and we feel if it works, great... but if not somebody, be it the government or an angry mob of parents, should be able to force the closure of the school.

Meet with voters in Northglenn, Colorado

Meet with voters in Kersey, Colorado

September 22, 2003

Meet with voters in Barrington, New Hampshire

Meet with voters in Madbury New Hampshire

September 24-27

Rest
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2014, 09:41:23 PM »

Excerpt from a Press Conference in New York City

"Senator Allen, who is with Governor Owens in the campaign for the most conservative candidate, has attacked me recently for my stances on abortion rights and the equality of marriage. I'll be upfront about it. I support a women's right to chose. I also support anyone's right to love anyone they want to love. As President, I will extend marriage rights to all federal employees and those in the military. But I will leave it up to the states, individually, to decide whether to allow same-sex marriages because I believe in a restrained Federal government. I am not ashamed of my views when it comes to a woman's safety and a person's love."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2014, 10:02:43 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2014, 10:07:10 PM by Senator Lumine »

Rumsfeld Press Conference in Washington D.C:

"Gentlemen, I really don't wish to be rude, but I suggest that we all try to grow up so we can get this "I'm conservative and you're not" fight over. It's not helping us as a party, and frankly, I am more worried about Senators Biden, Clinton and Edwards flip flopping on Iraq and trying to force our country to surrender the war on terror while picturing themselves as if they never voted for this administration's foreign policy agenda. I agree, we obviously need to have a contrast and compare our platforms, records and beliefs, and I'm sure we will see a contrast between ourselves in the debate, but I insist, we can't allow the Democratic Party to keep doing this and delivering such a message while we squabble. We're all Republicans, after all."
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2014, 10:13:17 PM »

Gary Johnson Press Release:
"Secretary Rumsfeld is right on this "growing up and stop arguing about who is the most conservative." And trust me, Rumsfeld and I don't exactly agree on every issue. We have bigger priorities, and we should have open debate on the issues, to show that where we all stand. It's the voters decision. However this constant bickering will not do any of us any favors. Let's be adults and be civil with one another."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #155 on: April 08, 2014, 10:16:51 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2014, 10:18:36 PM by Attorney General Max »

"With all due respect to Mayor Giuliani, Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, and Governor Johnson, I think we need to have a strong debate about the issues. I'm not about petty squabbles, and I believe in a big tent conservative party, but when candidates espouse positions that are fundamentally against what the people of this country want, those views should be brought to the open and discussed. The fact is, Secretary Rumsfeld, we all know you are a great Defense Secretary, but the issues extend beyond foreign policy. It's not petty to discuss someones views. If discussing substantive issues is 'childish', then I don't want to be an adult."

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2014, 08:39:12 AM »
« Edited: April 09, 2014, 07:52:51 PM by NHI »

Round IV

George Allen and Bill Owens Battle for Conservative Mantle

George Allen's entrance into the race has made it as two-race with Bill Owens to be the conservative candidate in the race. Rudy Giuliani, who has come under attacks from Allen over his conservative credentials is fighting back, along with Gary Johnson and Donald Rumsfeld, calling for a civil discourse and for all the candidates to remember "we're all republicans". Bill Owens, who has avoided personally going after his rivals, instead focusing on his message continues to his see poll numbers rise. The real test will be in the state of Iowa between him and Allen. The winner of Iowa is seen to be the likely challenger to Rudy Giuliani for the nomination.

Pat Buchanan scored an impressive endorsement from Former Senator Gordon Humphrey in New Hampshire and continues to play for a win in the First in the Nation Primary.

Democrats Divided over a Nominee

The Democratic Field is still an open race. Hillary Clinton remains a factor, but Joe Biden appears to be a dark horse to watch. He received a surprise endorsement from Republican Senator Arlen Specter, which helps Biden as he tries to appeal beyond the traditional Democratic electorate. John Edwards' campaign continues to be on the rise as he looks to be the candidate to take on Hillary Clinton, who despite some missteps is still a strong contender for the Democratic Nomination.
Al Gore and Dennis Kucinich continue to be factors in the race, both scoring some endorsements. The two continue to focus on the early primary states and thus far have run gaffe-free campaigns. Both candidates are viewed as viable and seem to in the wings, waiting for an implosion from either Edwards or Clinton.

Republican Nomination Poll:
Rudy Giuliani: 19%
Bill Owen: 17%
George Allen: 16%
Gary Johnson: 15%
Donald Rumsfeld: 13%
Pat Buchanan: 8%
Undecided: 10%

Democratic Nomination Poll:
Hillary Clinton: 20%
John Edwards: 20%
Joe Biden: 17%
Al Gore: 14%
Dennis Kucinich: 12%
Undecided: 17%

Round IV
This round will consist of a Republican and Democratic Debate. This round will open today (4/9/14) and close on Friday at 12:01 AM (EST). Round V will move the game to December.

Republican and Democrat Presidential Nomination Debate:
From Greenville, South Carolina

Questions: Republicans

To All the Candidates: What is the biggest difference between you and President Bush and where are you similar?

To Gov. Johnson: You called on all Republicans to act like adults and to be civil to one another during what at time has been a hotly contested primary over the last few weeks. If you become the nominee one how will you bridge the party together and how will you reach out to Democrats and independents?

To Sen. Allen:  "Senator, what is the reason Republicans should nominate over the other candidates?

To all the candidates: "How would you handle the War in Iraq and the War on Terror?"

To Sec. Rumsfeld: "On the question of National Security is America safer today than on 9/11 and how do we prevent another attack?"

To Mr. Buchanan: "Mr. Buchanan, you've never held elected office, you are not a politician by trade, so a direct question sir can you win the nomination and more importantly can you win the election?"

To Gov. Owens: "Governor, assuming the Democratic nominee is Hillary Clinton, what is her biggest weakness and what will you do to keep the White House in Republican hands?"

To Mayor Giuliani: "Mr. Mayor, your position on abortion and gay marriage seems to be at odds with some in your party, what can you do to put their minds at ease?"

Questions: Democrats

To All The Candidates: "This election will likely focus a lot on national security, what experience do you have to make a credible case that you are well informed on the matters, if the eventual Republican nominee is Rudy Giuliani or Donald Rumsfeld?"

To Sen. Biden: "Senator, you've often come under fire for gaffes you've made in the past, can you reassure voters in this country that you would have the discipline you would need on the world stage?"

To all the candidates: "What is your position on gun control?"

To Sen. Clinton: "Senator, do you regret your vote on the resolution for the Iraq War?"

To Vice Pres. Gore: "Mr. Vice President, what can the United States do to tackle the issue of global warming?"

To Rep. Kucinich: "What is the biggest difference between you and your fellow Democratic rivals?"

To Sen. Edwards: "Senator, you've talked about two Americas, how do you solve the wealth gap?"

Please PM me for Endorsements, also primary state polls will be up soon.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »

Dennis Kucinich Debate Answers

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As a member of Congress I've made numerous trips abroad to deal with foreign affairs. Whether it’s down in Mexico to discuss trade relations, in Croatia—where my family is from—to oversee the transition of the Balkans post-Yugoslavia, or over in Iran to bring diplomacy to the table in Middle East policy, you can be sure that I'm very committed to strengthening America's place in the world and ensuring that our ties with the international community are not endangered. Some have criticized me for daring to venture to Syria and to communicate with Bashar al-Assad, although these are the same people who are constantly itching for more war. What I'm trying to do is to prevent war. Dialogue is very important and we can't just go around flexing our military muscles every time we don't get everything we want from another nation. Rudy Giuliani and Donald Rumsfeld may specialize in national security, but when you take a good look at the issues and where they've stood on them for years, you'll see that they've been dead wrong on just about everything, and time only continues to refute them. Most of the Republican candidates go along with their thinking, in fact, and I commend the ones who won't follow along with the warmongering. As the Democratic nominee, I'll offer new solutions from where we've gone with the Republicans these last four years, and I have my own unique experience to back me up.

Gun control will be a high priority in a Kucinich administration. Take a look at my record in Congress and you'll see that my votes match up with my rhetoric. I would seek to ban the sale and transfer of semi-automatic guns, the weapons that mass shooters love to use in their killing sprees. Background checks are an absolute must and they will be implemented so that people cannot simply exploit loopholes at gun shows. We also have to require that gun manufacturers provide child-safety locks for everything that they produce. Too many of our politicians are bought off by the NRA and don't want to discuss this issue much at all, but I'm not beholden to them. I certainly understand why people feel the need to own guns. When I was constantly getting death threats in Cleveland decades ago, I purchased a small handgun that I carried around with me at all times back then. But what kind of a nation are we that we can see incidents like Columbine happen and not do anything significant about it? Kids are dying in cities big and small in a way that can be easily preventable if the government took the initiative and controlled the gun trade more. Let's get action done on this, people. I have the plans to make that happen.

I'm glad this question was raised, because what Democrats need to understand when they vote in their state's primary later is that there are profound differences between the candidates on this stage. We all call ourselves liberals or progressives, but beneath the labels our records differ. For example, let's consider Iraq. All of us rally against it now, but we haven't all been consistent in the last two years. Senators Clinton, Edwards, and Biden all voted with the President's plan to authorize invading the country and to greatly expand this reckless War on Terror that we've been waging. Vice President Gore wasn't a member of Congress then but he indicated support at first as well. So, all of these candidates have flipped except one: me. I understood from the beginning that war was not the way to go and it would only cause more troubles here at home as well as over in the Middle East. I've planted my feet in the ground and I haven't wavered from my core principles like my opponents. I am a liberal, yes, and I'm unapologetic about it. War is a very serious thing and no decisions should be rushed on it like the Bush administration did, and like how many Democrats went along with the plans. An immediate withdrawal is the only solution. On other issues I don't waver, either. No Child Left Behind has made us a nation of test-takers and it's time we scrap that law and invest money in what we know will be effective for our students. Some in Congress want to cut benefits for Social Security and Medicare but I won't go back on the promises that we've made to our seniors. I've fought for many years to bring a single-payer system of healthcare to this nation and to keep up with all of the other industrialized nations of the world in the care we give our people. Time and time again, I'm in the trenches fighting for these causes, no matter whether I have many allies or not. I'm the candidate of principle and of a vision. I ask my fellow Democrats to take a serious look at my campaign and to go with their hearts on who best represents their interests.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #158 on: April 09, 2014, 01:57:00 PM »

George Allen Debate Answers

Question 1: What is the biggest difference between you and President Bush and where are you similar?

Allen - President Bush and I stand together on most issues. His reform of education has my support, as does his invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, and his reform of our tax code. That being said, I am one of the Republicans that will stand against immigration reform. I believe we need more people who come into this country legally, but we need to limit people who violate the law. I have voted to build a fence, and I will continue to fight illegal immigration. I also feel I go further than President Bush on a lot of issues. We have done a great job with taxes, but we need to go even further, and we need to do more with prison sentences to punish violent offenders. Finally, President Bush and I differ on spending. I will cut spending on unnecessary programs, and keep government working within its means.

Question 2 - Senator, what is the reason Republicans should nominate over the other candidates?

Allen - "Ain't that a loaded question. I think I am the most fit to tackle the problems that face us in the future. As Virginia Governor, I reformed welfare and education in the state. I have the ability to push through conservative solutions. I have legislative experience and executive experience, which puts me ahead of the rest of the field. The rest of the field is filled with people who have skills and beliefs that would make them far better than the Democrats, but I think I am the most willing to fight for family values, fight against illegal immigration, and stand with the American people."

Question 3 - How would you handle the War in Iraq and the War on Terror?

Allen - "I have no complaints about the administrations tactics in Iraq. We have to make Iraq stable before we make any sort of movement outward. The American people are still concerned about terror, and we have to fight it as hard as we can. I support a troop surge in Iraq, and I also support strengthening the effort to capture Osama Bin Laden. We have to defeat terror where ever it stands, that's the only just thing we can do."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #159 on: April 09, 2014, 03:35:13 PM »

Giuliani Debate Answers

To All the Candidates: What is the biggest difference between you and President Bush and where are you similar?

"President Bush and I have some similarities when it comes to foreign policy. We both support the War on Terror and its continuation until Osama Bin Laden has been brought to justice and the Taliban has been removed from power. I think that's the area where President Bush and I are closest. We do differ a bit on social issues. I'm a bit more moderate than the President is, but that's ok. We are a big tent party, we accept people from all walks of life and viewpoints."

To All the Candidates: How would you handle the War in Iraq and the War on Terror?

"I think my stance on the War on Terror and the War in Iraq are clear. We have a mission. In Iraq, it's to bring down Saddam Hussein and ensure the safety of the Iraqi people. In the War on Terror we have two missions. The first and primary goal is to find, capture, and try Osama Bin Laden. The second is to remove the Taliban from power in Afghanistan. It would take a lot of convinving from my generals for me to support a withdrawl of troops until those missions have been satisfied."

To Mayor Giuliani: Mr. Mayor, your position on abortion and gay marriage seems to be at odds with some in your party, what can you do to put their minds at ease?

"I don't believe that the moderate wing and the conservative wing have to be exclusive. We're all Republicans, working towards the same goal. The GOP is a big party with lots of room for differeing viewpoints. As for my stances on abortion and same-sex marriage, let me make it clear. I will not issue an executive order saying that all same-sex couples can be married in every state across the country and I won't have my Attorney General fight against state same-sex marriage bans because I believe in a limited government. The power to issue licenses belongs to the state, I respect the power of the Constitution, and I will leave it up to each and every city, county, and state to decide their policy on same-sex marraige and abortion."
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #160 on: April 09, 2014, 04:22:09 PM »

Biden Debate Answers

Listen, I've been in the Senate for almost 21 years, and I've been on the Foreign Affairs Committee, I do have the experience, I've traveled to all sorts of places, I have a firm grasp on Diplomacy, unlike some of my own opponents on both sides, I've been to Belgium to discuss the EU, and to Canada to discuss closer trade agreements with Chreiten, and some trips have gotten me into a bunch of trouble, but I mean, if you've been in the Senate for as long as a guy like me, you do get to know your way around things, and Foreign Policy is no different, and if anyone says that I don't have experience and I'd be totally unprepared, let me just say with all due respect, that'd be a bunch of damn Malarkey!

And on the nominees, look, I respect both Giluani and Rumsfeld, but I don't think they get how international Diplomacy, you don't fix a problem by smashing down the door and kicking someone in the House, you readily try to debate, force is not the immediate answer, it probably won't be for a very long time and even then, peace and negotiation will still be a fresh way of actually dealing with situations.

Of course, I mean, I've had a few tongue slips here and there, but does that mean I will act like a Clown on the world stage? Heck no! I'm well prepared for the Challenges that face us as a nation, I  will deal with every problem with careful Diplomacy, I certainly have the experience with Foreign Policy from being in the Senate Foreign Committee, and if someone thinks I can't lead due to some random audio clip of me saying something slightly off center, then they need to re evaluate what they deem to be lacking experience in Foreign Policy.

Well, first priority in a Biden Presidency, Gun Control is important, we can't just have people continuing to be shot, let's not jump to the assumption that I want to ban all guns, no, that's not what I want at all, I mean, I have two shotguns at my home, to defend against intruders, but what I'm saying is, we shouldn't give Guns to people who should not have them, like the Mentally disabled , Criminals, and kids, I mean, after Columbine, we needed to wake up and realize our kids shouldn't have free access to guns, especially with the cases of teens with serious mental issues, I mean, we need to get a Gun Control bill through the Senate, otherwise our murder rate will keep climbing, and no one wants that.

Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #161 on: April 09, 2014, 05:18:01 PM »

Buchanan Debate Responses: "Ideas and Red Meat"

The biggest contrast between President Bush and myself is our view on America’s role in international affairs. I do not believe the United States has any business in Iraq; I don’t believe the United States has a role in any nation outside of our own hemisphere. President Bush’s internationalist and globalist foreign policy is a major disagreement between us.

President Bush is, however, right on taxes, judges, abortion, and family values. He is a fighter, not a coward, in the culture war, and he is much better on those secondary issues than any of the Democratic candidates and frankly, some of the Republicans on this stage tonight.

Simple: We win it. We don’t cut and run from Afghanistan, and we refocus our effort on capturing and killing Osama Bin Laden and the monsters that attacked our country. The war will be won when we have Bin Laden’s head on a pike!

The funny thing about that question is that I have far more experience than any of the candidates on this stage tonight. As an advisor to President Nixon, I was there when we had to make agonizing decisions over the Vietnam War. As an advisor to President Reagan, I helped in the making of key conservative policies that enabled this nation to have a decade of peace and prosperity. I was there in the dark days of Watergate. I was there when Nixon went to China. I have faith in the voters of this party will make the right decision, and I believe that I will provide a stark contrast to the liberalism and pessimism of the Democrats in the fall campaign.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #162 on: April 09, 2014, 05:23:45 PM »

John Edwards Debate Answers

During my time in the Senate I served on the Select Committee on Intelligence. I’ve spent significant time on issues of national security, and as a member of the Intelligence Committee I’ve spent years thinking specifically about terrorism and how we can confront it. I’ve had a lot more Washington experience than George Bush had four years ago, but more importantly I have quality experience - serving on the Intelligence Committee during a time when it was suddenly thrust into the role of one of the most important committees in Congress. As the Democratic nominee, I’ll be able to present my record, as one of the first on the committee to speak against faulty intelligence-gathering practices, against a possible Republican nominee with a record of backing those faulty practices. If that happens, I’ll have the necessary experience and credibility to win.

I grew up in the rural South. Everyone around me hunted, and everyone around me had guns. Where I come from, and here in Greenville and in small towns across America, hunting and gun ownership is a way of life. People don’t want the government messing with their ability to buy a gun and hunt, and law-abiding citizens want to have the right to defend their families. I respect and believe in people’s Second Amendment right to bear arms. That doesn’t mean you should be, if you’re convicted of a violent crime, able to walk out of prison and walk across the street to buy a gun, and that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t take every step we can to keep guns safe and out of the hands of kids. I support extending the Brady Bill, which is set to expire, and I support closing the gun-show loophole to help keep guns out of the hands of criminals. And it does make sense to have trigger locks for the purpose of keeping guns safe from children. As President, I’ll pursue solutions to reduce crime and keep guns out of the hands of criminals, while protecting people’s Second Amendment rights.

Poverty is the great moral issue of our decade. If elected, I will make it a national goal to end poverty in 30 years, and my campaign has several initiatives to help families save and act responsibility. The America I envision is one where everyone who is able to work will work and they’ll be rewarded for working. There are 12 million Americans out there who I believe can be lifted out of poverty in the next decade alone.

The cornerstone of my proposal is to make it so people are rewarded for working. We need to raise the minimum wage to $8.40 an hour - which in 2001 would have lifted nearly a million out of poverty. We also need to index the minimum wage. Beyond that, we also need to vastly increase the Earned Income Tax Credit and reduce the marriage penalty, providing a larger incentive for work. We also need to protect workers through legislation to close the loopholes and fix the poor enforcement of the National Labor Relations act, and create a new task force to target misclassification of employees as independent contractors and strengthen work safety rules. Finally, as someone who grew up in a rural community, I know how hard life in a rural community can be. Nearly 90 percent of our poorest communities are rural. We need to increase investment in rural community colleges and support rural small business centers to get these communities back on their feet.

It looks like I’m running out of time now, so I’ll wrap things up, but I have a number of other proposals that I’ll detail in future speeches on the campaign trail. By creating new housing vouchers, we can help low-income families move into areas where they can find more opportunity. We can also create a new tax credit to help low-income Americans save for the future, and pass legislation to limit abusive practices in credit cards, payday loans and predatory mortgages. Finally, we can strengthen our public schools and create more opportunities for high-school dropouts and those struggling through college. We can eliminate poverty within a generation, and I’ll be striving to make that happen.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #163 on: April 09, 2014, 06:04:13 PM »

Owens: President Bush and I are alike in many ways. We both share the values that made this country great. We both believe that every child, rich, poor, white, black, raised by a single mother or a traditional, *every* child has a right to a great education. I applauded the President for his signing of historic tax relief, like I did as Governor. We both hail from states that require us to win a large amount of Hispanics and we both got re-elected in them. I agree with him that we must root out terror wherever it hides and fight the good fight. And we both believe in the sanctity of life. The only major difference between the two of us is the approach that we take to the War on Terror. I believe the fight is worth having, however I would move to a more effective intelligence and technology-based strategy.

Owens: My position on the war has been made clear. I believe that we must continue the war and expand its horizons to include terrorists across the globe. However, I do not believe that this requires us to put boots on the ground globally. We need to expand our intelligence agencies and increase their resources so that they may act against terror for effectively. And rather than putting our brave and loyal men and women in harm's way, let's expand the drone fleet. The terrorists can't shoot back at a hellfire missile. Listening to generals and redirecting ourselves to a strategy that saves money, fights terror, and, most importantly, saves American lives.

Owens: During my service as Governor, I have made many important executive decisions. These decisions have been made on all sorts of issues. I governed as an executive. All due respect to Senator Clinton, but she has never run anything. She has taken responsibility for one thing her entire public life, the trainwreck that was Hillarycare. The one thing that Senator Clinton has attempted to accomplish was a complete government takeover of healthcare and it ended as a devastating stain on the Clinton presidency. I've governed a state and been an executive, something that some people on this stage have never done. Not only was I governor of that *swing* state, but I was re-elected with the highest portion of the vote ever in the state of Colorado.

Senator Clinton is also just like every other Democrat running. Not a single one of them respects the right to life, the right to bear arms, the rights of individuals, or the values of the free market. We can talk all day about how weak of a leader the Former First Lady is, but that isn't the point. Americans will not support the same-old tax-and-spend, surrender the War on Terror, anti-life liberalism that we see in today's Democratic Party.

I also plan to follow President Bush's lead on reaching out and engaging minority communities. I pledge to dedicate the most resources any modern Republican nominee has ever dedicated to minority outreach if I am the nominee. We will make great strides with the Hispanic and Africa American communities.
Sec. of State Superique
Superique
Brazil

« Reply #164 on: April 09, 2014, 08:09:22 PM »

If I had the time, I would be running as Dean Sad
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #165 on: April 09, 2014, 08:20:11 PM »

Perhaps we can get you in as a surrogate or VP...
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #166 on: April 09, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »

Perhaps we can get you in as a surrogate or VP...
Dean endorsed Kucinich in this game, Superique. Wink
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #167 on: April 09, 2014, 08:22:11 PM »

When are we getting state by state polls?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #168 on: April 09, 2014, 08:24:57 PM »

Will have them up tomorrow.
Sorry for the delay.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #169 on: April 10, 2014, 10:00:03 AM »

Al Gore Debate Answers:

"This election will likely focus a lot on national security, what experience do you have to make a credible case that you are well informed on the matters, if the eventual Republican nominee is Rudy Giuliani or Donald Rumsfeld?"
I have had eight years as Vice President, and with all due respect to all my fellow Democratic contenders, I think I am the most experienced and best prepared of them. I have committed a long time of my life to public service, and I think I can now say, that I have the experience in many fields to guide this nation. I acknowledge the accomplishments of Misters Giuliani and Rumsfeld, as well of my fellow democratic contenders, but nevertheless I think that I’m as capable as they in the fields of national security. My main priority would be to strengthen America’s position in this world, but through a different way than this current administration. I believe in talk, and I believe in compromise when it is the best way. Stretching our muscles, combined with war rhetoric, is not the best way to deal with a situation. I believe in negotiation and talk, and I believe that this is the way that will help America the most.

"What is your position on gun control?"
My main goal is and has always been to protect the American children, to give them a safe haven where they can flourish. It is no secret, that many children and adults were harmed, be it domestic violence, or open amok. It is no secret, that had these people not had guns and rifles, they couldn’t have harmed as much people as they had. Gun control maybe could have saved many lives. I however don’t want many adult, sane Americans, who could never harm another human being, to get stripped of their constitutional right to bear weapons. I believe we need more severe restrictions, for mentally affected persons as example, but I do certainly not want to strip others of their right and pleasure.

“Mr. Vice President, what can the United States do to tackle the issue of global warming?"
I know there are some, too many, who deny it, but Climate Change is happening; and it is our duty to stop it. There many ways, in which this is achievable. First and foremost, we will have to reduce our emissions. It is important, and if everyone reduces them just a little bit, it has such a great impact on the climate. Furthermore, we should fund alternative technologies, strengthen our energy independence through renewable energy sources like hydro- or solar power; and in the end, we will have to find alternatives to the fossil fuels, as they won’t be there forever. It is a long road that is ahead us, but together, we can accomplish that, and build a greener, more efficient and more beautiful America.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #170 on: April 10, 2014, 03:37:07 PM »
« Edited: April 11, 2014, 07:51:12 PM by Secretly Ted Cruz »

Joe Biden Campaign Schedule:Sep.28th to Oct. 5th

Sep. 28th
Rally-Phoenix, Arizona
Fundraiser-Phoenix, Arizona
Radio Interview-Phoenix, Arizona
Staff Meeting-Wilmington, Delaware

We're in third! I mean, we have gotten a great polling show Nationally, only 3 behind both Clinton and Edwards, we can pull this out of the bag people! So come on, join me and vote for the man with the plan, Joe Biden!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Interviewer: Senator Biden, would there be a place for Senator Arlen Specter in your Administration if you won the 2004 Presidential Election?

Biden: Well, this is entirely subjective of course, the election is slightly more than a year off, so anything can happen, but me and Arlen are good friends, we've been good friends since Reagen entered office, and if I were elected President, then yeah, Arlen could have a place there, though possibly not a Cabinet level position, and more of an adviser, and if he loses his Senate Seat, which would be a shame, he could have a place as Sec. State or Sec. Defense, but again, this is all subjective, and we can't predict the future, but I hope that me and Arlen can stay friends and show that there is compromise in Washington

Sep. 29th
Tour of Liberty Square-Charleston, South Carolina
Rally with Mark Warner-Charlotte, North Carolina
Barnstorming-Charlotte, North Carolina

Sep. 30th
Announcement of joebiden.com launch-Wilmington, Delaware
Meet and Great-Wilmington, Delaware
Lunch with Locals-Wilmington, Delaware
Town Hall-Wilmington, Delaware

With the launch of my website, Joe Bidenpresident04.com, this is a very good idea, to use the internet, I remember a bunch of my colleagues back in the '90s, they were asking if the internet was a series of tubes, and that's clearly not the case. It is amazing to be on this project, to incorporate the internet into my campaign, which I certainly want to do more of in the coming weeks.

Oct. 1st
Fundraiser-Boston, Massachusetts
Barnstorming-Boston, Massachusetts
Rally-Bangor, Maine
Fundraiser-Bangor, Maine

Oct. 2nd
Rest
Rally with Arlen Specter-Montpelier, Vermont
Fundraiser-Montpelier, Vermont
Town Hall-Montpelier, Vermont

Oct. 3rd
Breakfast with Locals-New York City
Town Hall-New York City
Staff Meeting-New York City
Rally-New York City
Fundraiser-New York City

Oct. 4th
Rally with Arlen Specter and Mark Warner-Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Fundraiser-Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Town Hall-Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Rally-Hartford. Connecticut.
Meeting with Rep. Boehner and Sen. Lott-Washington D.C

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Biden Endorsements:

Jay Rockefeller:

See, I consider myself a very reasonable man, and I'd like to say something, our country is in a dire situation, we're losing our prestige on the world stage due to people messin' around on the Foreign Stage, and we're strangling our citizens with repressive policies, I feel that the guy to get us back on our feet will be Joe Biden

Maria Cantwell:

I have not been in Congress for a very long time, I was only elected in '00, but even I see that we do not need four more years of Blue dominance of the White House, we've had our Liberties cracked down on, we're at war, what else will happen if we give the Republicans another shot at Pennsylvania Avenue? I don't want to find out, and I'm endorsing the guy who won't embroil us into pointless wars, a guy who won't 't turn us into a less hopeful country, and y'know who that guy is? Senator Joe Biden!

The New York Times:

Listen, we try to be good at reporting, but we have to admit, the country's not in good shape at all, we need to iron out our cracks, and we need a breath of fresh air from President Bush's enviroment, we need a cure, and we need to call in Doctor Biden to the House!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Joe Biden Surrogates:

Mario Cuomo
Sep 28-Oct 2:Rallies and GOTV in New York
Oct 3-Oct 4:Fundraising in New York

Mark Warner
Sep 28:Speaking to Virginia Democrats in Norfolk
Sep 29-Oct 3:Days being Governor
Oct 4:Fundraiser in Richmond

Arlen Specter
Sep 28-Oct 1:Touring Pennsylvania to convince Moderate Republicans to back Biden
Oct 2:Meeting with Rep. Pat Toomey
Oct 3-Oct 4:Speaking to Democratic Donors to convince them to back Biden.

Jay Rockefeller

Sep 28-Oct 1:Moneybombs/Fundraisers
Oct 2-Oct 4:Speech to Democratic Donors.

Maria Cantwell
Sep 28:Appearence on the Today Show
Sep 29-Oct 2:Barnstorming in Rural Washington
Oct 3-Oct 4:Fundraiser in Seattle.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #171 on: April 10, 2014, 03:41:01 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Sept. 28th-Oct. 4th, 2003

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: Mayor Michael Bloomberg and Senator John McCain
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Mike DeHaime
Energy Policy Director: Governor Angus King
Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster: Dr. Mark Campbell

September 28th, 2003; Ohio
-- Continue “Straight Talk” Bus Tour with Sen. Voinovich
-- Barnstorm in Troy, OH with Sen. Voinovich
-- Attend campaign office opening in Troy, OH with Sen Voinovich
-- Barnstorm in Akron, OH with Sen. Voinovich
-- Barnstorm in Bowling Green, OH with Sen. Voinovich
-- Drive to Iowa

September 29th, 2003; Iowa
-- Continue “Straight Talk” Bus Tour
-- Barnstorm in Des Moines, IA with
-- Barnstorm in Cedar Falls, IA with
-- Fundraiser in Cedar Falls, IA with Nancy Reagan
-- Launch “Reaganites for Giuliani” Coalition with Nancy Reagan

Excerpt from Cedar Falls Fundraiser Nancy Reagan: We all remember the 1980s. They were great times for all Americans: the rich, the middle class, the poor. Ronnie focused on ensuring everyone had an equal opportunity to succeed, regardless of sex, age, or ethnicity. There’s only one candidate who emulates the ideas Ronnie preached and that’s Mayor Giuliani.

September 30th, 2003; Iowa
-- Barnstorm in Waterloo, IA
-- Attend campaign office opening in Waterloo, IA
-- Barnstorm in Davenport, IA
-- Meeting with Campaign Staff over infrastructure
-- Fly to Phoenix, Arizona

October 1st, 2003: Arizona
-- Appearance on Good Morning America, via satellite
-- Continue “Straight Talk” Bus Tour with Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Flagstaff, AZ with Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Mesa, AZ with Sen. McCain
-- Attending campaign office opening in Mesa, AZ with Sen. McCain
-- Fundraiser in Scottsdale with Sen. McCain and Sheldon Adelson

Excerpt from Flagstaff Speech Mayor Giuliani: We are currently fighting two wars, one in Iraq and one in Afghanistan. We are not there because of 9/11, we are not there because of Hussein’s WMDs, we are there to combat tyranny. We are there to defend the people of Iraq, Afghanistan, the Middle East, and the world at large. America has had a commitment to defend liberty and democracy across the globe since the Cold War. Under my presidency, I will not shirk that responsibility. Wherever there are people being executed for their political beliefs, the United States will be there to lend a helping hand and bring an end to such practices.

October 2nd, 2003: Glendale, AZ
-- Visit Luke Air Force Base with Sen. McCain
-- Rest
-- Fly to South Carolina

October 3rd, 2003: South Carolina
-- Fundraiser with State Party Leaders in Columbia
-- Attending campaign office in Columbia, SC
-- Barnstorm in Columbia, SC
-- Barnstorm in Augusta, SC
-- Hold “Veterans for Giuliani” Rally in Augusta, SC
-- Fly to New Hampshire

October 4th, 2003: New Hampshire and Maine
-- Continue “Straight Talk” Bus Tour with Gov. King
-- Barnstorm in St. Johnsbury, NH with Gov. King
-- Barnstorm in Berlin, NH with Gov. King
-- Barnstorm in Rumford, ME with Gov. King
-- Drive to Delaware

Excerpt from Berlin Speech Mayor Giuliani: The polls are looking good. We’re tying with Clinton and beating all the other Democrats, we’ve got a 2 point lead nationally over Governor Owens, and we’re leading in New Hampshire, Arizona, Delaware, and South Carolina. But we can’t take these good numbers for granted. We’ve got to keep pushing, we’ve got to keep raising money, we’ve got to keep spreading the message to all corners of the country. I’m going to need your help, America needs your help. Let’s make sure to get out the message, tell your friends, tell your family, tell your neighbors, that Rudy Giuliani is coming to town to turn things around!

[quote]Giuliani 2004 Radio Ad
Airing in Iowa, Missouri, Kansas, South Dakota, and Nebraska

Narrator:  Our nation is built on the backs of our farmers. Although they labor in the fields of the midwest, their fruits are sold across the nation. Without the hard work of farmers in places like Waterloo, Jefferson City,Wichita, Pierre, and Topeka our nation would crumble, store shelves would dry up, and people would starve. Our farmers and ranchers deserve to be thanked for their hard work. From Rudy Giuliani, to all those who work to supply our nation with food, ‘thank you’. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #172 on: April 10, 2014, 03:49:48 PM »

Rumsfeld Debate Answers:

"Well, I think the simmilarites in terms of policy are rather evident: I stand for this War on Terror and for the liberation of Afghanistan and Iraq, just like the President. I am an ethusiastic supporter of his tireless educational efforts, his much needed tax cuts to the American economy, and in many ways of his style of leadership. But I do have a slighthy different philosophy, and a world view with a few key differences. Some like to call him arrogant, but I believe he bas been a humble man in light of the events of the past years. If possible, I would try to react even more strongly against the opposition, and specially when it comes all those Democrats who chose to flip flop on the War on Terror."

"My time as Defense Secretary has taught me many things, and one of those is the need for being perseverant, the need for taking a stand and saying: we can win, we are winning, and we will win this war. We will win the War in Iraq by rebuidilng the nation, by crushing the insurgency, by keeping our committment to our troops, our military, and our mission. Gov. Owens made an interesting point on the increased use of drones, but such efforts could only be used effectively in Afghanistan. I spearheaded an army reform back in 2001, and the lessons we all learned back them were that, as it pained us, American troops are needed in the ground, and their are decisive to win. In short, we have to stand our ground, increase cooperation between agencies, adjust the reconstruction plans for Iraq and Afghanistan and then prove the world that this is a war worth fighting and a war that we will win."

"I got a similar question in the Town Hall debate last week, and I stand by my comments. America is safer in the sense that there's far more public awareness of the dangers of terrorism, and it is safer because the American people have been receptive and they have taken this as seriously as they can, supporting their government's efforts to keep this country safe. On the other hand, there's the fact that another attack on our people may be attempted, and we can't know where, or when. That's why winning this war instead of retreating and not caring any more is crucial. Again, increasing cooperation between agencies and upholding legislation like the Patriot Act will be the key for prevention, because our government will have the tools it needs to fight terrorists in home and abroad.

And you know, I want to appeal to the American public directly on this issue. Things have been hard, I know, and I know that many of our are worried, concerned, even scared by this threat to freedom and our most deeply held values. But now it's the time to do something about it. And we will do something about it."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #173 on: April 10, 2014, 04:52:15 PM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Four:

"Senator Allen may very well believe my campaign is all about foreign policy affairs, and while I do tend to focus on that part and I have a great deal of experience in the subject, this campaign is trying to address much more than that. I wish to be a Republican who can provide a united front for all of us to defeat the Democrats, and I have been discussing many issues with the voters. And this week I have decided to undertake a tour of the states of New Hampshire and South Carolina, via town halls and rallies, to talk to the people and discuss my views, my beliefs, and my plans. I called it "Rumsfeld's Rules", and I sincerely hope the people will prove very receptive, for New Hampshire knows the good candidates when it listens to them. Onwards to the tour!"

September 28th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules I:
-Town Hall in Belmont, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Iraq).
-Town Hall in Gilford, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Education Reform)-
-Town Hall in Pembroke, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Gov. Efficiency).
-Town Hall in Plaistow, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Health Care).
-Rally in Nashua, NH.
-Fundraiser in Nashua, NH. (With Vice-President Cheney)

"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we can increase the efficiency of the government, and we can do so by making it smaller. That's not to say we will eliminate all regulations, but let's be frank: many of those regulations don't serve a purpose, they increase beaurocracy and they end up hurting our own economy. As a former CEO you can trust me when I say that happens, because I had to deal with that in order to save my company from financial disaster. And I reduced beaurocracy, I increased efficiency, and the company ended up incredibly sucessful. America is not a company, but good leadership can make the difference and actually put government at your service."

September 29th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules II:
-Town Hall in Hollis, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Immigration).
-Town Hall in Hudson, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (China and Russia).
-Town Hall in Bow, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Taxes).
-Town Hall in Hannover, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Deficit and Spending).
-Interviews with local press.
-Meeting with New Hampshire war veterans.

"One of the differences between President Bush and I is the specific approach on immigration. We both want to address immigration reform, and we both want to stop the absurd amounts of illegal immigrants who come here every year. We have to encourage legal immigration, yes, but we can give people who come here illegally a prize for doing so, that would simply deliver the message that we don't care about a legal process. No, we have to be tough in this issue, we have to put more restrictions on illegal immigration, and we have to find a solution. And New Hampshire, I believe a good solution is to privatize and outsource."

September 30th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules III:
-Town Hall in Seabrook, NH, with Newt Gingrich (Values).
-Town Hall in Barrington, NH, with Newt Gingrich (Environment).
-Town Hall in Franklin, NH, with Newt Gingrich (Jobs).
-Town Hall in Milford, NH, with Newt Gingrich (Defense Spending).
-Meeting with Campaign Volunteers.
-Meeting with Republican Officers.

"I'm sure you have seen this fight on the most conservative candidate, and I'm sure that you are tired of it, as I am. You see, I don't want to be the most conservative, or the most moderate, or the most maverick candidate. I want to be the most Republican, I want to represent all Republicans and lead them into fight to win this election. I believe in free markets, in a truly strong foreign policy, in the reform of our government to make it more efficient, I believe in families, and I will take a very strong stand for them. To be slightly less or slightly more conservative won't matter if you don't have a coherent agenda, a strong message, and capable leadership, which is what I am trying to offer."

October 1st:
-Rumsfeld's Rules IV:
-Rally in Concord, NH.
-Rally in Rochester, NH.
-Rally in Salem, NH.
-Rally in Dover, NH.
-Rally in Merrimack, NH.
-Touring Campaign Offices in New Hampshire.

"I've seen the rise of many candidates in New Hampshire with a great deal of interest, and while I believe Rudy Giuliani is indeed my main rival, there are two men very strong here, Pat Buchanan and Gary Johnson. They appeal to the state of many issues, but I believe that foreign policy is not one of those. I don't believe we should be an isolationist nation, I believe America should be proud of being the strongest country and it should do positive things about it, like leading this charge against terrorists, this War on Terror. People say: Oh, no, Rumsfeld just wants to invade very country on Earth. And I say, no, but America has to step in and be a positive and assertive leader."

October 2nd:
-Rumsfeld's Rules V:
-Touring Nashua, NH:
  -Talking to shop owners.
  -Rally in Nashua Town Hall.
  -Visiting Republican activists.
-Touring Manchester, NH:
  -Campaign Event in New Hampshire HQ.
  -Fundraiser.
  -Tour of downtown Manchester.

"The media always likes to jump to conclusions very quickly, and the latest polls have led some to argue that my campaign is not winning traction, that we won't be able to make it regardless of our enthusiasm, beliefs and experience. But I will defy that view, and I will tell you this:I can win in New Hampshire. Some say the polls are not encouraging enough, but I will say as clear as I can that I see a chance for victory in New Hampshire. We see a lot of messages with different offers, but I think my platform will prove the most interesting to the Live Free or Die state. New Hampshire will take its own stand in a few months, and I will do my best effort to fight as hard as I can and win this decisive primary. If you stand with me, we can do it."

October 3rd:
-Rumsfeld's Rules VI:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Summerville, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Greenville, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Pontiac, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Mount Pleasant, SC.
-Rally in Columbus, SC with Gov. Mark Sanford.
-Campaign Team meeting in Columbus HQ.

"One of the sad truths of the world is that if Saddam Hussein was still in power, he would be rolling in petrodollars. And I am supportive of the environment as any other public servant, but it's about time that we acknowledge that we have the resources to drill here and cut energy prices. Texas, Alaska, the Midwest, so many places in which, by dropping a few unnecessary regulations and providing some funds, we could reach energy independence in a few years. I call for America to take that opportunity, and we will be able to avoid dependence from foreign oil, something that we don't need."

October 4th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules VI:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Spartanburg, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Sumter, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in James Island, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Dutch Fork, SC.
-Rally in Charleston, SC with Gov. Mark Sanford.

"I can already see Saturday Night Live or one of those TV shows making a parody about me being too focused on foreign policy. I tried my best to explain my views on almost everything to you, but there is some truth in that, I've had some experiences that make it hard for me to ignore or neglect foreign policy. When the Pentagon was hit on 9/11, I was there. And in the middle of the smoke and chaos, and while you see so many people you know facing such a horrible moment, you think: It could have been me. I could have died. And you get an entirely new perspective, you truly understand the costs of making mistakes in foreign policy. We can't neglect that area, South Carolina, we cant."
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #174 on: April 10, 2014, 07:14:34 PM »
« Edited: April 10, 2014, 07:16:53 PM by NewYorkExpress »

Hillary Clinton Debate Answers

Being First Lady, Bill kept me in the loop on many of the important issues of the day. Health Care, Foreign Policy, most other Domestic Policy. As a Senator, I have worked to keep up to speed on issues ranging from securing funding to protect 9/11 first responders, which the Bush Administration has basically ignored, to calling for investigations into prisoner treatment at Guantanamo Bay. Giuliani and Rumsfeld are foreign policy candidates... while most of us here in the Democratic Party care about everything, foreign and domestic.

My position on Gun Control is that, yes people have Second Amendment rights, but that right can and should be taken away if misused. That position would apply to individuals, not states as whole, however, meaning passing wide gun bans is not something my administration will be doing. That being said, the police should be able to restrict or remove an individual's Second Amendment rights if they are being abused or misused.

If President Bush had chosen to share with us his vision of a post-war Iraq, if he had shared with us just how many troops he intended to send, only then could I have voted no real regrets. But looking back with hindsight, I do regret my vote, because I did not have accurate information to come to an informed decision, and the Bush Administration simply would not provide it. When I voted then, it was a vote that, like all votes to go to war, one regrets, whether one voted for it or not.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies