2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:06:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154308 times)
NHI
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #200 on: April 15, 2014, 07:21:11 PM »

A reminder the round will close at 12:01 AM EST.

Thanks.
Also sad to see Buchanan go, we'll miss you.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #201 on: April 15, 2014, 07:27:29 PM »

Giuliani 2004 TV and Radio Ad, Running in the following states

America cannot be divided along ideological lines any longer, we need to come together for the sake of progress. Some candidates for President are entrenched in their partisan ways - except for one. Rudy Giuliani. Rudy's not afraid to compromise for the good of the nation, whether it's with Democrats, other Republicans, or Third Parties. It's this type of pragmatic leadership we need during these critical times of war and economic recession. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giulaini
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #202 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:31 PM »

John Edwards Campaign Schedule: Contesting the Incontestable

December 7
-Meet and greet in Lewes, Delaware
-Meet and greet in Kenton, Delaware
-Town hall in Dover, Delaware
-Meet and greet in Odessa, Delaware

December 8
-Meet and greet in Montchanin, Delaware
-Town hall in New Castle, Delaware
-Rally in Wilmington, Delaware

I know what many of you are thinking - I must be crazy to come here! Joe Biden’s going to win this state by a landslide. And he might. But we’re going to give it a shot. I believe my message can go up against Joe Biden’s any day of the week - and I’m here to at least give y’all a chance to hear it. Since he’s made his name on foreign policy, and I too respect his achievements in that area, I’m here to lay out my foreign policy vision.

Our nation now stands at the pinnacle of its power, but it also faces serious challenges. Today, we need a national security policy for the twenty-first century that will not only respond to threats but apply all our resources to the critical goal of preventing such threats in the first place. We can be strong, secure, and good, and we can build a more hopeful future. Our national security policy should be designed to reach these goals. We must do everything in our power to reclaim the United States' historic role as a beacon for the world and become, once again, a shining example for other nations to follow.

At the dawn of a new century and on the brink of a new presidency, I believe the United States today needs to reclaim the moral high ground that defined our foreign policy for much of the last century. We must move beyond the wreckage created by one of the greatest strategic failures in U.S. history: the war in Iraq. Rather than alienating the rest of the world through assertions of infallibility and demands of obedience, as the current administration has done, U.S. foreign policy must be driven by a strategy of reengagement. This century's first test of our leadership arrived with terrible force on September 11, 2001. When the United States was attacked, the entire world stood with us. We could have pursued a broad policy of reengagement with the world, yet instead we squandered this broad support through a series of policies that drove away our friends and allies. We’re seeing our global approval ratings plummeting. We need a new path, one that will lead to reengagement with the world and restoration of the United States' moral authority in the community of nations. As President Harry Truman once said, "No one nation alone can bring peace. Together, nations can build a strong defense against aggression and combine the energy of free men everywhere in building a better future for all.”

December 9
-Meet and greet in Georgetown, South Carolina with Fritz Hollings
-Meet and greet in Summerville, South Carolina with Fritz Hollings and Joseph Riley
-Town hall in Beaufort, South Carolina with Fritz Hollings

December 10
-Meet and greet in Bamberg, South Carolina with Fritz Hollings
-Meet and greet in Aiken, South Carolina with Fritz Hollings
-Meet and greet in Greenwood, South Carolina with Fritz Hollings
-Meet and greet in Abbeville, South Carolina with Fritz Hollings

December 11
-Meet and greet in Pickens, South Carolina with Fritz Hollings
-Rally in Greenville, South Carolina with Fritz Hollings

There’s been a lot of demand recently, surrounding the issue of health care. The people want a smart, serious proposal to address the uninsured, fix the waste and inefficiency of our current system, and help lower costs, improve quality and expand coverage. It won’t be easy, and it’ll require millions of you to become actively involved. But I’ve got a plan. If you don’t have insurance, you’ll get it, at an affordable price. If you already have insurance, you’ll pay less and get more security and choices. And if you own a business, you’ll find it cheaper and easier to insure your workers.

The Edwards plan will require all businesses and employers to either cover their employees or help finance their health care. I know what you’re thinking - that’s a burden on small businesses! And it would be, if not for the next two steps we’ll take. Next, we’ll create new tax credits, expand Medicaid, reform insurance laws, and otherwise take innovative steps - which we’ll detail in a policy proposal should we get the nomination - to contain costs. Then we’ll set up regional health care markets - we’ll let every American share the bargaining power to purchase an affordable, high-quality plan while increasing choices among plans and cutting costs for businesses. Finally, we’ll bring in an insurance mandate. In that way, we can achieve universal health care coverage, for all.

December 12
-Meet and greet in DC
-Town hall in DC
-Fundraiser in DC
-Fundraiser in DC

December 13
-Service at Asbury United Methodist Church, DC
-Meet and greet in DC
-Rally in Anacostia, DC

I believe that everyone in America—regardless of the family you were born into, the color of your skin or the country your family came from—should have an equal chance to build a better life. We still have Two Americas in this country - one favored and the other forgotten. They’re not defined by race, but the Two Americas does have a disproportionate impact on people of color. The hateful legacy of racism continues to be felt in every single part of American life. As someone who grew up in the segregated South, I feel a special responsibility on this issue, to build One America and make sure everyone has the same chances that America has given to me. One out of every four African-Americans lives in poverty. My plan to raise the minimum wage, expand the earned income tax credit, and strengthen labor laws will help working families build wealth and help workers get ahead, so that we can eliminate poverty within a generation.

It’s not all bad news, though. Small businesses and entrepreneurs have always given minority communities a toehold in the American economy. As President, I will expand federal contracting opportunities for minority-owned small businesses, and my plan for health care will help reduce the cost of health care for both families and small businesses. I’ve already discussed my plan to strengthen schools, but that’s especially important in a community where African-American students have only about a 50% chance of graduating from high school. We need to invest in teacher pay and training, reduce class sizes, expand preschool, and create chances for dropouts to get back on track. We can work together, to build one America. I just need your help to do it.

-Fundraiser in DC
-Late flight from DC to Nashville

Endorsements

Representative Brad Carson (D-OK)
In my service to the people of Oklahoma, I’ve always tried to help people. I saw the poverty in the Cherokee Nation, and the one Presidential candidate who’s been running an effective campaign based on the theme of helping people. John Edwards is the one candidate in the race whose main focus is on assisting the poor and uniting this country, and he has my support.

Governor Brad Henry (D-OK)
When I ran for Governor in 2002, my campaign was based on barnstorming rural areas - I was the one going to rural areas, going to Wal-Marts and stopping in and talking to folks, getting em to see that the Democratic Party is the one that’s going to help their kids’ education and get this state and this country back on track. The only candidate in the race who’s going out to small town America and really hearing their concerns is John Edwards, and he has my support.

Secretary of State Susan Savage (D-OK)
I really didn’t know who I was supporting in the primary - not until John Edwards came to Oklahoma. When I heard his message of an efficient government providing real services for the needy, and when I really compared that to the other candidates - ones who aren’t visiting small town Oklahoma - the choice is clear. I support John Edwards for President.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #203 on: April 15, 2014, 08:35:51 PM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Five:

""And the fight for the Presidency goes on! There not much time left until the first primaries, but I am confident that the Republican voters will, in the end, go with the candidate who can deliver leadership, experience, and a coherent message for all Republican to unite behind. We can't let the Democrats take this election, for we have to follow President Bush's leadership and complete all the hard work that this Republican administration has done for the past years. The educational reform, the tax cuts, the drive to win the War on Terror, we have to stand up and fight for it all the way to November!

December 7th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/New Hampshire:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Nashua, NH, with John Sununu.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Concord, NH, with John Sununu.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Dover, NH, with John Sununu.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Salem, NH, with John Sununu.
-Rally in Manchester, NH, with John Sununu.
-Interview with local press.

December 8th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/New Hampshire:
-Town Hall in Derry, NH, with John Sununu.
-Town Hall in Keene, NH, with John Sununu.
-Town Hall in Bedford, NH, with John Sununu.
-Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH, with John Sununu.
-Rally in Rochester, NH, with John Sununu.
-Appeals to former Buchanan supporters and volunteers to join the campaign.

"Look, no nation in memory that has made the transition from tyranny to a free society has been immune to the difficulties and challenges of taking that path, not even our own. As Thomas Jefferson said: "we are not to expect to be translated from despotism to liberty in a featherbed." It is now just seven months since the liberation of Iraq, and the challenges are there. Just as it took time and patience, trial and error, and years of hard work before our founders got it right-so too will it take time and patience, trial and error, and hard work for the Iraqi people to overcome the challenges they face today. We have a stake in their success. For if Iraq is able to move to the path of representative democracy, however bumpy the road, then the impact in the region and the world could be dramatic. It's up to us to help them on that path and ensure stability in the Middle East."

December 9th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/Iowa:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Ames, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Davenport, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Dubuque, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Sioux City, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Organizing caucus efforts in Iowa HQ in Des Moines, IA.

December 10th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/Iowa:
-Town Hall in Ankeny, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Town Hall in Urbandale, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Town Hall in Marion, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Town Hall in Bettendorf, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Rally in Iowa City, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Rally in Waterloo, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.

"Hear my words, Iowa! You will face a key choice in a few more weeks! You will have to choose among many qualified candidates, and your choice will be very important in the whole process, as it has been in the past. You gave then Gov. Bush a fantastic victory four years ago, and I wish to repeat that feat. Senator Allen and Governor Owens are attractive candidates from many points of view, but I remain confident that they do not have as much experience in government as I have. I have been fighting in Washington since the days of the Cold War, I've seen this country change in many ways, and I have thought about running for President for a very long time. This is the best election I could hope for, because I know America is ready and willing to fight and win this fight, not only on the War on Terror, but the fight for a modern, 21st Century America!"

December 11th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/Iowa:
-Barnstorm in Council Bluffs, IA, with Newt Gingrich.
-Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA, with Newt Gingrich.
-Barnstorm in Clinton, IA, with Newt Gingrich.
-Barnstorm in Burlington, IA, with Newt Gingrich.
-Voter Registration Drive in Des Moines, IA, with Newt Gingrich.

December 12th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/South Carolina:
-Town Hall in Pontiac, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Town Hall in Sumter, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Town Hall in James Island, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Town Hall in Florence, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Rally in Columbia, SC, with Mark Sanford.

"Oh, I think we are making more impact than what the polls show. It takes time for the Republican voters to vet and consider the candidates, but in the end I believe they will reward our consistency and our hard work beyond the incredible levels of spending we have seen so far. If you think about it, there are many voters in the three main early states that might feel atracted to what I have to offer. You have a fantastic amount of fiscal and foreign hawks in all three states, those voters willing to continue with the path of this administration while arguing that there many things to do, and so many new policies to enact. And I trust in those voters, as well in all kinds of Republicans, to propel me to victory."

December 13th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/South Carolina:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Summerville, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Rock Hill, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Mount Pleasant, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Spartanburg, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Rally in Charleston, SC, with Mark Sanford.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #204 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:10 PM »

George Allen for President - Campaign Schedule (December 7th-13th, 2003)

"It's quite simple: we have to persue an all of the above energy strategy. Drilling where we can, following any sort of energy source. We can't afford to be stingy, and with the war on terror, even more today than ever before do we need to get energy independent. The fact that some want to stifle possible growth and employment in this area startles me, but it's the goal of an Allen administration to cut red tape and all growth in this industry."

December 7th:
Meet and Greet in Nogales, Arizona
Barnstorming in Tuscon, Arizona
Town Hall in Oro Valley, Arizona
Town Hall in Casa Granda, Arizona
Opening Campaign Office in Scottsdale, Arizona
Media Appearance

December 8th:
Barnstorming in Phoenix, Arizona
Town Hall in Peoria, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Wickenburg, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Camp Verde, Arizona
Town Hall in Cotton Wood, Arizona

December 9th:
Barnstorming in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Town Hall in Claremore, Oklahoma
Town Hall in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Meet and Greet in Ponca City, Oklahoma
Barnstorming in Stillwater, Oklahoma

"I'm seeing a lack of debate over the issues in this campaign, under the name of big tent. That's a nice idea, a party with diverse people, but I think it's also a way of saying the party should be as blank slate as possible. That's not what this campaign about. This campaign is about big ideas that will fix this country, this campaign is about traditional conservatism, this campaign is about peace through strength! I will fight for you!"

December 10th:
Barnstorming in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Meet and Greet in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Barnstorming in Norman, Oklahoma
Town Hall in Seminole, Oklahoma
Town Hall in McAlester, Oklahoma

December 11th:
Meet and Greet in Shenandoah, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Clarinda, Iowa
Town Hall in Creston, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Centerville, Iowa
Town Hall in Pella, Iowa

"Let me be straight with you: the mission in Iraq is working. And we will continue to work on making Iraq a suitable ally and democracy in the region. In addition, we are still on the hunt for terror, and I will only upgrade those efforts. Democrats who are threatening to cut our militaries involvement are only putting our troops in harms way. As Ronald Reagan puts it, peace through strength!"

December 12th:
Town Hall in Altoona, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Ankeny, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Perry, Iowa
Town Hall in Boone, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Webster City, Iowa

December 13th:
Town Hall in Claremont, New Hampshire with Pat Buchanan
Barnstorming in Concord, New Hampshire with Pat Buchanan
Town Hall in Allenstown, New Hampshire with Pat Buchanan
Town Hall in Dover, New Hampshire with Pat Buchanan
Barnstorming in Rochester, New Hampshire with Pat Buchanan

Surrogates:

Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"The culture war by the Democratic Party is continuing. We are seeing liberalism and its effects on America all across the nation. President Bush has done his best, but even Ronald Reagan had a hard time against the scourge of liberalism. That's why I am endorsing George Allen for President. He's the most conservative candidate, he's dedicated toward policies that will help American families rather than grow Government."

December 7th-9th: Barnstorming across Iowa
December 10th, 11th: Barnstorming across Pennsylvania
December 12th, 13th: Senate work in D.C.

Congressman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA)

"George Allen is what we need for the future: Strong, conservative leadership. He's the only one in the field, of what I've seen, who has truly taken to fight illegal immigration. In Virginia, he has an extremely strong record of results, and is someone who could truly make change in Washington."

December 7th-9th: Barnstorming in South Carolina
December 10th-12th: Congressional Work in D.C.
December 13th: Barnstorming in Tennessee

Columnist Pat Buchanan (R-DC)

"I considered endorsing Gary Johnson, due to his foreign policy views, but when I saw Allen's policy planks, he stands as a very strong fiscal conservatives with results behind his record, and a culturally conservative set of beliefs. He's by far the leader of this field, and he will be the man to look out for in the general."

December 7th-10th: Rest
December 11th-13th: Barnstorming in New Hampshire

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #205 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:50 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: December 7-13

December 7
With Russ Feingold and Sherrod Brown
-Rally and Fundraiser in Burlington, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Ottumwa, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Marion, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Falls, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Bettendorf, IA

Great to be back here in Iowa! I'm joined by a couple of fine folks by my side as we travel through the state: Senator Feingold and Congressman Brown. They're helping me spread the message of peace and justice. My campaign has been an uphill battle from the beginning, I know that. I don't have the money or the media exposure as my Democratic colleagues do. I've always fought for the little guy during my time in public service, though, and it's no different with this latest fight of mine. You've seen corporate interests have a stranglehold on Washington, and more than ever now, in fact. Both parties appease Wall Street while ignoring Main Street, and that's a shame. That changes when I'm President, though! The big banks aren't who I listen to, it's you, the American people!

December 8
-Rally and Fundraiser in Ankeny, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Council Cluffs, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA

December 9
With Russ Feingold and George McGovern
-Town Hall in Grafton, ND
-Town Hall in Valley City, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Grand Forks, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Bismarck, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fargo, ND

Education is absolutely critical if we want to see a country that will be competitive globally in all areas. Politicians like to talk about the importance of education and claim that they've tried to make our education system better, but frankly, what we have right now is a mess. We're lagging in math, literacy, and too many other fields. Let's tackle this step by step. One, I would seek to repeal No Child Left Behind. While it was a bipartisan effort, standardized testing fails to accommodate for the different learning styles of our students, and everyone suffers as a result of that. The federal government should have a greater role in making sure our schools hold up to good standards, so I'll increase funding for the Department of Education after cuts in other areas like defense. College will be made free like public schools under a Kucinich administration, so our students aren't left with crippling tuition debt after they graduate and seek jobs. There will also be a universal ore-kindergarten program that will ensure that our kids have a leg up in skills, language, and the arts for the future. I'm confident that with these reforms, we'll see a truly excellent education system in this country once more.

December 10
With Howard Dean and Bernie Sanders
-Meet and Greet in Cornish, NH
-Meet and Greet in Lyme, NH
-Meet and Greet in Dublin, NH
-Meet and Greet in Madbury, NH
-Meet and Greet in Sutton, NH

December 11
-Meet and Greet in Ashland, NH
-Meet and Greet in Whitefield, NH
-Town Hall in Fremont, NH
-Town Hall in Winchester, NH
-Town Hall in Rye, NH

I respect Senator Clinton, but the fact of the matter is that we need to look at how our records stack up when we're going through the process of picking our nominee for next year, and let me tell you, there's enough to criticize her record on. Senator Clinton has been a rubber stamp for Bush and his cronies whether it's Iraq, Afghanistan, the PATRIOT Act, you name it. If you showed me Hillary's record without mentioning her name and I had to compare it with the average Republican on foreign policy, I would have an awfully hard time differentiating the two. Do we really want to pick somebody who has sided with our opponents on some of the most consequential issues of our time? Let's get real and side with a candidate who has been on the right side from the very beginning. You know where I stand, and you know that I'm a champion for progressive causes. We're not going to elect another hawk in 2004. This time, we'll stand for change!

December 12
-Town Hall in Stratham, NH
-Town Hall in Epping, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Exeter, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Keene, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Londonderry, NH

December 13
-Rally and Fundraiser in Portsmouth, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Salem, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Concord, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Nashua, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Manchester, NH

I've had my scuffles with Senator Biden on the campaign trail before, as you may know. But we can't shy away from rightfully criticizing someone when there are genuine questions to ask. For example, he'll say that he opposes Iraq now, but he's been one of the most interventionist Democrats out there in Congress. He pushed for bombing Yugoslavia, and our strikes only further aggravated the Serbs to commit more war atrocities. He advocated for the sanctions in Iraq that have contributed to killing hundreds of thousands of innocent children, all just to try and oust Saddam Hussein from power. The fact is that we should be much more wary of using our military, because we'll just get more incidents like Iraq and Vietnam without going on a different course. I'm advocating for a diplomatic foreign policy rather than the preemptive wars we've seen these last four years. Maybe not everyone in Washington is with me on this, but I know the American people are!

TV Ad: Needs of the People

Dennis Kucinich understands the needs of the people. He has received perfect ratings from the AFL-CIO and has never backed down from fighting for workers' rights. As President, he'll work for fair trade, not free trade. Education will be ramped, not ignored. From his early days in Cleveland to working in Capitol Hill, Dennis has never forgotten his roots. The White House needs a leader who listens to the common man. Dennis Kucinich is that leader. I'm Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #206 on: April 16, 2014, 01:03:02 PM »

Round VI

Another week of the 2004 Presidential campaign and both sides are gearing up and bringing their A game as they enter the final leg of the contest before the first contest in Iowa next month. On the Republican side Pat Buchanan ended his bid for President, but backed Senator George Allen, who continues to champion himself as the conservative candidate, while Governor Bill Owens continues to position himself as the candidate who can unite all wings of the Republican Party. Both Rudy Giuliani and Donald Rumsfeld continue to be on the upward swing, with both candidates wracking up endorsements and claiming to have building momentum. Gary Johnson continues to do well in his push for the nomination. His focus on Iowa and New Hampshire's contests may benefit him in the end.

Rudy Giuliani's lead for the nomination has slipped slightly, but he still leads the pack. Buchanan's exit and endorsement of Allen may boost the Virginia Senator's chances.

In the race for the Democratic nomination it continues to be a fight between Senators Clinton and Edwards, with Gore and Biden taking shots for third place. Dennis Kucinich continues to focus on building his case and getting his name out to the electorate in the bigger states and is running an ad seen across the country.

Polls continue to give a slight edge to the Republicans, when comes to the general election, but both Clinton and Edwards find themselves within spitting distance of their top Republican rivals: Giuliani, Rumsfeld and Owens. Clinton is now in a dead heat with Edwards for the Democratic nomination.

In the state of Iowa it is a dead heat between George Allen and Bill Owens. A surprise in third place, Gary Johnson continuing to do well in Iowa. While on the Democratic side Edwards continues to build on his lead, making a victory at this point look almost inevitable. In New Hampshire, Giuliani leads, but is has shrunk. Rumsfeld continues to make a strong push in the Granite State, along with Gary Johnson. Still, with a large percentage undecided, it's anyone's game in the primary for the Republicans.
On the Democratic side Hillary Clinton is still for the moment the one to beat in New Hampshire.

Republican Nomination Poll:
Rudy Giuliani: 23%
Bill Owens: 20%
George Allen: 18%
Donald Rumsfeld: 18%
Gary Johnson: 15%
Undecided: 6%

Democratic Nomination Poll:
Hillary Clinton: 23%
John Edwards: 23%
Joe Biden: 19%
Al Gore: 15%
Dennis Kucinich: 15%
Undecided: 5%

Republicans: Iowa Caucuses
George Allen: 24%
Bill Owens: 24%
Gary Johnson: 19%
Rudy Giuliani: 13%
Donald Rumsfeld: 11%
Undecided: 9%

Democrats: Iowa Caucuses
John Edwards: 28%
Hillary Clinton: 20%
Dennis Kucinich: 14%
Al Gore: 14%
Undecided: 5%

Republicans: New Hampshire Primary
Rudy Giuliani: 21%
Donald Rumsfeld: 19%
Gary Johnson: 16%
Bill Owens: 15%
George Allen: 13%
Undecided: 16%

Democrats: New Hampshire Primary
Hillary Clinton: 29%
John Edwards: 21%
Joe Biden: 17%
Dennis Kucinich: 13%
Al Gore: 12%
Undecided: 8%

General Election Polls

Rudy Giuliani: 46%
Hillary Clinton: 42%

Donald Rumsfeld: 46%
Hillary Clinton: 43%

Bill Owens: 45%
Hillary Clinton: 44%

Hillary Clinton: 46%
George Allen: 45%

Hillary Clinton: 44%
Gary Johnson: 42%
------------------------------------------------------------------
Rudy Giuliani: 47%
John Edwards: 42%

John Edwards: 42%

John Edwards: 44%

John Edwards: 46%
George Allen: 46%

Gary Johnson: 46%
John Edwards: 45%
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Rudy Giuliani: 49%
Joe Biden: 42%

Donald Rumsfeld: 48%
Joe Biden: 43%

Bill Owens: 46%
Joe Biden: 44%

Joe Biden: 44%
George Allen: 44%

Joe Biden: 45%
Gary Johnson: 45%
------------------------------------------------------------------

Rudy Giuliani: 46%
Al Gore: 44%

Al Gore: 45%

Al Gore: 47%

Al Gore: 46%
George Allen: 45%

Al Gore: 46%
Gary Johnson: 44%
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Rudy Giuliani: 51%
Dennis Kucinich: 39%

Donald Rumsfeld: 50%
Dennis Kucinich: 39%

Bill Owens: 47%
Dennis Kucinich: 40%

George Allen: 48%
Dennis Kucinich: 41%

Gary Johnson: 49%
Dennis Kucinich: 42%

This round will last two weeks:
ROUND VI: December 14-27, 2003

ROUND VI: Will Close on Saturday at 12:01 AM EST

PM for Endorsements.
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #207 on: April 16, 2014, 05:27:25 PM »

Rudy Giuliani Campaign Schedule for Dec. 14th-20th 2003

Giuliani 2004 Campaign Staff
National Co-Chairmen: President Gerald Ford and Senator John McCain
Chief of Staff: Tony Carbonetti
Chief Political Strategist: Mike DeHaime
Energy Policy Director: Governor Angus King
Foreign Policy Director: Former President Gerald Ford
Defense Policy Director: Senator John McCain
Spokeswoman: Katie Levinson
Chief Pollster: Dr. Mark Campbell

December 14th, 2003; New Hampshire
-- Continue “Straight Talk” Bush Tour
-- Barnstorm in Nashua, NH with Gov. King
-- Barnstorm in Keene, NH with Gov. King
-- Fundraiser in Manchester, NH with Gov. King
-- Fly to Arizona

December 15th, 2003; Arizona
-- Press Conference in Paradise Valley, AZ with VP Quayle announcing endorsement
-- Barnstorm in Paradise Valley, AZ with VP Quayle and Sen. McCain
-- Fundraiser in Phoenix, AZ with VP Quayle and Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Gilbert, AZ with VP Quayle and Sen. McCain

Excerpt from Paradise Valley Press Conference Former Vice President Dan Quayle: The point of primaries are to select the candidate who had the best shot to win in the general election. Looking at the polls, it’s pretty clear who the Republican Party needs to support. We need to stand behind the man who’s leading every Democrat, some even by 12%. We need to stand behind the man who can bring new ideas to Washington, instead of being weighed down by years of backroom dealings. I think it’s clear that we need to stand behind Rudy Giuliani for our nominee for President.

December 16th, 2003; Arizona
-- Barnstorm in Winslow, AZ with VP Quayle and Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Snowflake, AZ with VP Quayle and Sen. McCain
-- Visit Hopi Indian Reservation with VP Quayle and Sen. McCain
-- Drive to California

December 17th, 2003: California
-- Press Conference in Sacramento with Gov. Wilson announcing endorsement
-- Fundraiser in Santa Rosa, CA with Gov. Wilson, Nancy Reagan, and John Elway
-- Barnstorm in Santa Rosa, CA with Gov. Wilson and John Elway
-- Barnstorm in San Francisco, CA with Gov. Wilson and John Elway
-- Meet and Greet at San Francisco State University with Gov. Wilson and John Elway
-- Speech at San Francisco State University
-- Fly to Tennessee

Excerpt from San Francisco State University Speech Mayor Giuliani: We’re at a crossroads in American history. We’ve been punched in the face by terrorists. Our economy is recovering from a mild recession. This nation’s basic principles are being challenged. We now have to chose if we want to follow a proven leader, who’s already had to make critical decisions, or if we want to put an inexperienced captain at the helm of the ship. Being President isn’t a position where you can learn on the job. You have to know who to lead in high-stress situations, you have to know how to manage crises on the first day. I believe that I am the only candidate who has these proven skills.

December 18th, 2003: Tennessee
-- Press Conference in Nashville, TN with Sen. Baker announcing endorsement
-- Fundraiser in Nashville with Sen. Baker
-- Barnstorm in Berry Hill, TN with Sen. Baker
-- Barnstorm in Franklin, TN with Sen. Baker
-- Drive to Virginia

December 19th, 2003: Virginia
-- Continue “Straight Talk” Bus Tour
-- Barnstorm in Richmond, VA with Sen. Baker and Sen. Bond
-- Barnstorm in Mechanicsville, VA with Sen. Baker and Sen. Bond
-- Barnstorm in Colonial Heights, VA with Sen. Baker and Sen. Bond
-- Fly to Iowa

December 20th: Iowa
-- Meeting with Campaign Staff to discuss polling
-- Barnstorm in Ames, IA with Gov. Branstad, Pres. Ford, and Sen. Voinovich
-- Barnstorm in Council Bluffs, IA with Gov. Branstad, Pres. Ford, and Sen. Voinovich
-- Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, IA with Gov. Branstad, Pres. Ford, and Sen. Voinovich

December 21st, 2003; Iowa
-- Continue “Straight Talk” Bus Tour with Gov. Branstad and Rep. Blunt
-- Barnstorm in Waterloo, IA with Gov. Branstad and Rep. Blunt
-- Barnstorm in Cedar Falls, IA with Gov. Branstad and Rep. Blunt
-- Fundraiser in Independence, IA with Gov. Branstad and Rep. Blunt

December 22nd, 2003; Iowa
-- Press Conference in Ames, IA with Sen. Coleman announcing endorsement
-- Meet and Greet in Ames, IA with Gov. Branstad and Sen. Coleman
-- Barnstorm in Mason City, IA with Gov. Branstad and Sen. Coleman
-- Barnstorm in Rochester, IA with Gov. Branstad and Sen. Coleman
-- Fly to New Hampshire

Excerpt from Ames Meet and Greet Mayor Giuliani: We’ve got the momentum on our side. We’re leading in New Hampshires and nationally by comfortable margins. Sure, we’re not leading here in the Hawkeye state but we’re coming in close. Our numbers are rising here as we continue to get out and spread the message of proven and tested leadership. Iowa understands the need for experience in a president, especially during a war, which is why I feel comfortable Iowans will make the right choice on primary day.

December 23rd, 2003; New Hampshire
-- Meeting with campaign staff
-- Fundraiser in New Boston, NH with Gov. King and Sen. McCain
-- Rest

December 24th, 2003: New Hampshire
-- Barnstorm in New Boston, NH with Gov. King and Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Concord, NH with Gov. King and Sen. McCain
-- Barnstorm in Franklin, NH with Gov. King and Sen. McCain

December 25th, 2003: New Hampshire
-- Attend Christmas Mass at St. John the Evangelist Church, Concord, NH
-- Rest

December 26th, 2003: New Hampshire
-- Barnstorm in Grafton, NH
-- Barnstorm in New London, NH
-- Visit Gile State Forest
-- Fly to Delaware

December 27th: Delaware
-- Fundraiser in Dover, DE
-- Barnstorm in Milford, DE
-- Barnstorm in Harrington, DE
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #208 on: April 16, 2014, 05:43:17 PM »

Schedule for Bill Clinton

December 14, 2003

Meet Voters in Holy Cross, Iowa

Meet Voters in Balltown, Iowa

Q&A at Brietbach's Country Diner, Balltown,Iowa (With Steve Hildebrand and Paul Begala)

Bryce Miller Des Moines Register-Mr. President, do believe your wife made the right decision to run for President, now?
I believe we'll all find out if she wins the nomination, and if she wins the general election, but I believe in the context of the current situation, yes I believe she made the right decision.  
Eric Hanson KCCI-Mr. Hildebrand, do you believe Senator Clinton's current positions in Iowa and New Hampshire are a result of name recognition, or is there something else at play.
John Edwards is running an excellent campaign here in Iowa, so I'm really not surprised he's leading here. While we're surprised that Hillary is leading in New Hampshire at present, the margin she's leading by has caught us off guard to some degree.
Corey Flintoff-NPR Mr. President, what do make of Pat Buchanan's withdrawal from the Presidential race?
I think it comes down to the fact Republicans don't want to see the same person run for President four times, that they want new people, even if they're presenting the same ideas. Mr. Buchanan understood that, and that is why he endorsed Senator Allen.

December 15, 2004

Meet Voters in Ravenna, Nebraska

Meet Voters in Shelton, Nebraska

Meet Voters in Carroll, Iowa

December 16, 2000

Meet Voters in Adel, Iowa

Meet Voters in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware

Meet Voters in Bethany Beach, Delaware

December 17, 2000

Speech in Seaford, Delaware

I know most of you are planning to vote for your native son, Senator Biden, and I understand that, but imagine a scenario where Biden drops out after Iowa, or New Hampshire. Would you really spend your vote on a candidate who wouldn't still be in the race? Hillary Clinton deserves a second look. John Edwards deserves a second look. These are the two candidates who will likely be in the best position to claim the Democratic Nomination after Iowa and New Hampshire, and they are the ones worthy of the majority of your attention.

Meet Voters in Millsboro, Delaware

Meet Voters in Warsaw, Missouri

December 18, 2003

Meet voters in Brooksville, Mississippi

Perform Saxophone Solo for GMAC Bowl (Miami v Louisville) at Ladd-Peebles Stadium, Mobile, Alabama

December 19

Meet Voters in Lockport, New York

Meet Voters in Wilson, New York

December 21,22,
Rest

December 23, 2003
Guest PA announcer for NBA Game (New Jersey Nets v Chicago Bulls)

December 24/Christmas Eve

Saxophone Solo for Champions League Match (Paris Saint-German v Atletico Madrid)

At Parc Des Princes, Paris, France

Christmas (eve) Dinner (With Chelsea Clinton, Jacques Chirac, Hanna Nasser (Mayor of Bethlehem, West Bank) at the Cafe Anglais, Paris,France
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #209 on: April 16, 2014, 10:53:12 PM »

White House Chief of Staff Andy Card - "Allen's my man!"

"The person who I've been most impressed with, by a large margin, is Senator George Allen. He's put forward proprosals that strengthen the American family, fix a lot of our future problems, and fights terror more up front. I have been a fan of his since his days as a congressman even before running for Governor, but I am proud to throw him a bone and endorse him in his run. I hope more in the administration think to do the same."

Former Iowa Congressman Jim Lightfoot weighs endorsement for Senator Allen

"I've looked at this race over and over again, and I have come to the very clear conclusion that there is one person who can lead this nation in to a bright and prosperous future, and that is George Allen."

New Hampshire Governor Craig Benson backs Virginia Senator

"In New Hampshire, much like the rest of the nation, we want someone who will cut taxes, lower spending, and allow the free market to exist, and I see no one who represents those ideas better than George Allen. He's the most pro-life member of the field, he's the most dedicated to free trade, and he's down to fighting illegal immigration. To me, he's the only choice for conservatives."

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #210 on: April 17, 2014, 12:36:27 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates, Dec. 14th-27th, 2003

Gov. George Pataki

Dec. 14th: Gubernatorial Duties
Dec. 15th: Gubernatorial Duties
Dec. 16th: Fundraiser in Albany, NY
Dec. 17th: Fundraiser in Buffalo, NY
Dec. 18th: Barnstorm in Buffalo, NY
Dec. 19th: Gubernatorial Duties
Dec. 20th: Barnstorm in Syracuse, NY
Dec. 21st: Fundraiser in Saratoga, NY
Dec. 22nd: Gubernatorial Duties
Dec. 23rd: Gubernatorial Duties
Dec. 24th: Fundraiser in Concord, NH
Dec. 25th: Private Affairs
Dec. 26th: Private Affairs
Dec. 27th: Barnstorm in Saratoga, NY

Mayor Michael Bloomberg

Dec. 14th: Mayoral Duties
Dec. 15th: Fundraiser in Brooklyn, NY
Dec. 16th: Fundraiser in Harlem, NY
Dec. 17th: Mayoral Duties
Dec. 18th: Mayoral Duties
Dec. 19th: Barnstorm in East Rutherford, NJ
Dec. 20th: Barnstorm in Manhattan, NY
Dec. 21st: Mayoral Duties
Dec. 22nd: Barnstorm in Harlem, NY
Dec. 23rd: Fundraiser in Brooklyn, NY
Dec. 24th: Mayoral Duties
Dec. 27th: Barnstorm in Mount Vernon, NY

Senator John McCain

Dec. 14th: Fundraiser in Tucson, AZ
Dec. 15th: See main schedule
Dec. 16th: See main schedule
Dec. 17th: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 18th: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 19th: Barnstorm in Mesa, AZ
Dec. 20th: Fundraiser in Mesa, AZ
Dec. 21st: Fundraiser in Washington, D.C.
Dec. 22nd: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 23rd: See main schedule
Dec. 24th: See main schedule
Dec. 27th: Fundraiser in Scottsdale, AZ

Governor Angus King

Dec. 14th: See main schedule
Dec. 15th: Rest
Dec. 16th: Rest
Dec. 17th: Fundraiser in Portland, ME
Dec. 18th: Barnstorm in Portland, ME
Dec. 19th: Barnstorm in Bangor, ME
Dec. 20th: Rest
Dec. 21st: Fundraiser in Augusta, ME
Dec. 22nd: Attend campaign office opening in Augusta, ME
Dec. 23rd:  Barnstorm in Brewer, ME
Dec. 24th: Rest
Dec. 27th: Barnstorm in Rindge, NH

Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan

Dec. 14th: Rest
Dec. 17th: See main schedule
Dec. 18th: Rest
Dec. 19th: Fundraiser in San Francisco, CA
Dec. 21st: Rest
Dec. 22nd: Fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA
Dec. 23rd: Rest
Dec. 27th: Rest

Senator George Voinovich

Dec. 14th: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 15th: Fundraiser in Akron, OH
Dec. 16th: Fundraiser in Washington, D.C.
Dec. 17th: Barnstorm in Troy, OH
Dec. 18th: Barnstorm in Columbus, OH
Dec. 19th: Barnstorm in Indianapolis, IN
Dec. 20th: See main schedule
Dec. 21st: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 22nd: Fundraiser in Indianapolis, IN
Dec. 23rd: Barnstorm in Sioux City, IA
Dec. 24th: Barnstorm in Des Moines, IA
Dec. 27th: Senatorial Duties

Mr. Sheldon Adelson

Dec. 14th: Fundraiser in Los Angeles, CA
Dec. 17th: Rest
Dec. 19th: Fundraiser in Carson City, NV
Dec. 22nd: Fundraiser in Las Vegas, NV
Dec. 27th: Fundraiser in Phoenix, AZ

Former President Jerry Ford

Dec. 14th: Barnstorm in Cedar Falls, IA
Dec. 18th: Barnstorm in Washington, D.C.
Dec. 19th: Rest
Dec. 21st: Barnstorm in Ames, IA
Dec. 22nd: Rest
Dec. 27th: Attend Campaign Office opening in Marquette, MI

Governor Terry Branstad

Dec. 14th: Barnstorm in Iowa City, IA
Dec. 15th: Barnstorm in Council Bluffs, IA
Dec. 16th: Barnstorm in Marion, IA
Dec. 18th: Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA
Dec. 21st: See main schedule
Dec. 22nd: See main schedule
Dec. 27th: Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA

Senator Kit Bond

Dec. 15th: Fundraiser in Washington, D.C.
Dec. 16th: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 18th: Barnstorm in Norfolk, VA
Dec. 19th: See main schedule
Dec. 20th: Barnstorm in Suffolk, VA
Dec. 22nd: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 23rd: Barnstorm in Jefferson City, MO
Dec. 24th: Barnstorm in Independence, MO
Dec. 27th: Senatorial Duties

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt

Dec. 14th: Fundraiser in Washington, D.C.
Dec. 15th: Congressional Duties
Dec. 16th: Barnstorm in Springfield, MO
Dec. 17th: Barnstorm in St. Louis, MO
Dec. 18th: Congressional Duties
Dec. 19th: Congressional Duties
Dec. 20th: Barnstorm in Liberty, MO
Dec. 21st: See main schedule
Dec. 22nd: Congressional Duties
Dec. 23rd: Fundraiser in St. Louis, MO
Dec. 24th: Barnstorm in Kirkwood, MO
Dec. 27th: Congressional Duties

Mr. John Elway

Dec. 14th: Fundraiser in Denver, CO
Dec. 16th:Rest
Dec. 18th: Barnstorm in San Diego, CA
Dec. 21st: Fundraiser in Vail, CO
Dec. 22nd: Barnstorm in Avon, CO

Senator Norm Coleman

Dec. 15th: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 16th: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 18th: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 19th: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 20th: Senatorial Duties
Dec. 22nd: See main schedule
Dec. 23rd: Fundraiser in St. Paul, MN
Dec. 24th: Barnstorm in Fargo, ND
Dec. 27th: Barnstorm in Minneapolis, MN

Governor Pete Wilson

Dec. 18th: Fundraiser in San Diego, CA
Dec. 19th: Barnstorm in Mesa, AZ
Dec. 22nd: Barnstorm in Sacramento, CA
Dec. 23rd: Barnstorm in Elk Grove, CA

Former Vice President Dan Quayle

Dec. 15th: See main schedule
Dec. 16th: See main schedule
Dec. 17th: Fundraiser in Phoenix, AZ
Dec. 19th: Barnstorm in Gilbert, AZ
Dec. 20th: Barnstorm in Kingman, AZ
Dec. 22nd: Rest
Dec. 23rd: Fundraiser in Scottsdale, AZ
Dec. 27th: Barnstorm in Oro Valley, AZ

Former Senator Howard Baker

Dec. 18th: See main schedule
Dec. 19th: See main schedule
Dec. 21st: Barnstorm in Birmingham, AL
Dec. 22nd: Barnstorm in Jackson, MS
Dec. 23rd: Barnstorm in Little Rock, AR
Dec. 24th: Barnstorm in Hope, AR
Dec. 27th: Barnstorm in Knoxville, TN
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #211 on: April 17, 2014, 06:55:25 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2014, 08:14:36 PM by Ross Perot »

Joe Biden's Campaign Schedule, Dec. 14th-Dec. 27th

Dec. 14th
Media Appearance
Barnstorming with Gov. Warner-Norfolk, Virginia
Fundraiser-Charlotte, North Carolina
Speech to Democratic Donors-Charlotte, North Carolina

Recently, I saw Senator Allen on Meet the Press, and he said that we can'tt to be stingy with Energy, I was sitting on the couch, thinking, no, I mean, we should not just abandon the environment, just plug our ears and go "la la la", what I am saying is, wanting to keep our planet well and fine is not stingy, Oil is not king, we can replace it with far more friendly, far more safe sources of energy, heck, even just starting with Car engines would be great to do, and that is what would happen under a Biden Administration, I promise.

Dec. 15th
Rally with Thomas Carper-Wilmington, Delaware
Meet and Greet-Wilmington, Delaware
Town Hall-Wilmington, Delaware
Staff Meeting-Wilmington, Delaware

Dec. 16th
Staff Meeting-Des Moines, Iowa
Speaking to Democratic Donors who have backed Biden-Des Moines, Iowa
Meeting with Gov. Vilsack-Des Moines, Iowa
Voter Registration Drive-Chicago, Illinois

Guys, it's been great over the past months, running this campaign has been a joy, I love going out, meeting people, getting to know their concerns, you know, getting into the real nitty gritty of the Country and the heart of America. There have been a few struggles and hiccups, yeah, but if we've came this far, we sure as hell can pack it in and win Iowa and New Hampshire can't we?! Stick with Biden, and get real change!

Dec. 17th
Rally with Mark Warner-Norfolk, Virginia
Staff Meeting-Scranton, Pennsylvania
Barnstorming-Scranton, Pennsylvania
Fundraiser-Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

Dec. 18th
Barnstorming-Monteplier, Vermont
Fundraiser-Berlin, New Hampshire
Barnstorming-Berlin, New Hampshire
Whistlestop-Concord, New Hampshire

Dec. 19th
Interview with Larry King-New York City, New York
Rally with Sens. Rockefeller, Cantwell and Specter-Washington D.C
Barnstorming-Baltimore, Maryland
Fundraiser-Baltimore, Maryland

Dec. 20th
Rally with Sen. Baucus (Announcing Endorsement)-Helena, Montana
Speech to Democratic Donors (Seeking Backing)-Helena, Montana
Rally-Seattle, Washington
Fundraiser-Olympia-Washington
Town Hall-Seattle-Washington

Dec. 21st
Rally with Sen. Rockefeller-San Fransisco-California
Meeting with Sen. Boxer (Seeking Endorsement)-Los Angeles, California
Voter Registration Drive-Los Angeles, California
Barnstorming-Los Angeles, California

Dec. 22nd
Meet and Greet-Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall-Des Moines, Iowa
Lunch with Locals-Des Moines, Iowa
Rest

Dec. 23rd
Tour of Hopi Indian Reserve-Hopi, Arizona
Speech at University of Arizona-Tuscon, Arizona
Tour of Santa Catalina Mountains-Tuscon, Arizona
Town Hall-Tuscon, Arizona

Guys, you're our future, and I don't want our future to be whittled away by bad Education Policies, and bad Welfare Policies. Listen, if I was to be elected President, I would get to work with both Parties to A. jack up the Minimum Wage, in order to get you guys jobs that will keep you living and working, and B. Allow for Welfare Reform, to get you a good house to live in. But the current Administrations seems not to be interested much in doing this for whatever reason, you can only wonder.

Dec. 24th
Rally with Gov. Warner and Sen. Cantwell-Seattle, Washington
Fundraiser-Olympia, Washington
Meeting with Ted Kulongoski-Salem, Oregon
Whistlestop-Salem, Oregon

Dec, 25th
Meeting with State Sen. Obama (Looking to Fund Campaign)-Chicago, Illinois
Rally with Gov. Cuomo and Gov. Warner-Detroit, Michigan
Interview with Metro Detriot-Detriot, Michigan
Tour of Comerica Park-Detroit, Michigan
Speech to United Automobile Workers-Detroit, Michigan

Dec. 26th
Tour of Liberty Square-Charlotte, South Carolina
Rally with Gov. Warner-Charlotte, South Carolina
Barnstorming-Columbia, South Carolina
Speech to Democratic Donors-Atlanta, Georgia

Dec. 27th
Tour of Ground Zero-New York City, New York
Rally with Gov. Cuomo-New York City, New York
Tour of Staten Island-Staten Island-New York
Interview with Larry King-New York City, New York

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Biden Endorsements:

Max Baucus:

Joe Biden has been a long standing ally for keeping the Democratic Party as it is, he's not trying to fix and mix it into a personal fantasy creature for him to toy around with like some of his opponents, he's just trying to keep the Party on its true Liberal path, and that is an admirable thing to say about the guy who has been a longstanding ally of Democrats in the Senate, I would be honoured to say that I will endorse Joe Biden for the Presidency!

Robin Carnahan:

In the short time I was in the Senate, I got to know Joe, he's a great guy, he will defend our children's education for generations to come, he is a true hero and family man, he will get out of Iraq and Afghanistan, stopping our boys from getting killed, he will get Tort Reform, Immigration Reform, and Tax Reform through Congress, and most importantly, he will actually work with Congress instead of sitting down and throwing his hands up in the air. We need more Joe Bidens in Washington, wouldn't you agree?!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #212 on: April 18, 2014, 11:09:48 AM »

Schedule for Hillary Clinton

December 14, 2003

Meet with voters in Ossian, Iowa

Meet with voters in Fort Atkinson, Iowa

Meet with voters in Spillville, Iowa

Speech at Seed Savers Exchange, Heritage Farm, Decorah, Iowa

Seed Saving is a remarkable idea that preserves, plant life, and as such, our means to produce food as long as the seeds are viable. If I am President we will add a second seedbank to the one we have in Colorado, one that is designed to accept crops that we as Americans grow and eat, such as wheat, barley, maize, buckwheat, oats, rice, sorghum, apples,apricots, oranges, grapefruit, lemons, limes, tangerines, plums, pears, grape, tomato, and Sunflower Seeds. Should the worst happen to any one state or the entire country, they'll still have food.

December 15, 2003

Meet voters in Florenceville, Iowa

Meet Voters in Elma, Iowa

Meet Voters in Granger, Minnesota

Meet Voters in Wykoff, Minnesota

Meet Voters in Rushford, Minnesota

December 16, 2003

Meet voters in Fountain, Minnesota

Meet voters in Slayton, Minnesota

Meet voters in Currie, Minnesota

Meet voters in Rutland, Iowa

December 17, 2003

Meet voters in Lu Verne, Iowa

Meet voters in Lakota, Iowa

Meet voters in Wesley, Iowa

Meet voters in Algona, Iowa

December 18, 2003

Meet with voters in South Congaree, South Carolina

Meet with voters in Irmo, South Carolina

Meet with voters in Arcadia Lakes, South Carolina

Meet with Voters in Forest Acres South Carolina

December 19, 2003

Rally at Doug Kingsmore Stadium, Clemson University, Clemson, South Carolina
 (With Performances from the High Holy Days, Heartless Bastards, Dolorean, Stephen William "Billy" Bragg, Andy Leek, Gary Numan, Shakatak, and Barbara Streisand)

Senator Edwards thinks he'll walk away here on February 3 with a victory, but there are a total of four Democrats who think that the logic saying that just because Senator Edwards was born here means he will come up with a victory is wrong! All of us know we can beat Senator Edwards, we just have to do it.

Also, anyone know where I can put money on the Peach Bowl? I heard from Tom Hammond last night that Tennessee won't be happy to be in a January 2nd game after failing to even make the SEC title game, so I really want to put money on Clemson.

December 20, 2003
Caddy for Fred Couples and Anika Sorenstam at Franklin Templeton Shootout, Tiburon Golf Club, Naples, Florida

December 21, 2003

Meet voters in Dutchtown, Missouri

Meet Voters in Scott City, Missouri

Meet voters in Lambert, Missouri

December, 22, 2003

Speech at the Storm Prediction Center, Norman, Oklahoma (With Bryan Norcross, Dr. Greg Forbes, Jim Cantore and Dr. Jane Lubachenco)

Given the work that the Storm Prediction Center does in making our country safe from disasters ranging from Hurricanes like Andrew, Camille and Hugo, Tornado Outbreaks like the Super Outbreak of 1974, Blizzards like the "Perfect Storm of 1991", the 1993 "Storm of the Century", which may well end up being the storm of this century as well, and the Blizzard of 1996, and the fact that all these predictions were pretty damn accurate, why would Republicans like Bill Owens, Gary Johnson, George Allen, Jim Inhofe, Tom Coburn, Sam Brownback, Jeff Flake, Jim DeMint, Pat Toomey... The list of Republicans who oppose the concept of protecting Americans from natural disaster goes on and on! And all because of a petty viewpoint over the budget... that's just pathetic.

Meet voters in Moore, Oklahoma (With Dave McCurdy)

Meet voters in Mustang, Oklahoma (With Dave McCurdy)

Meet voters in Calumet, Oklahoma (With Dave McCurdy)

December 23, 2003

Meet Voters at the Four Queen's Hotel and Casino Casino, Las Vegas, Nevada

Enter Limit Texas Hold'em Tournament with Campaign Staff at Lucky Chances Casino, Colma, California ($40 buy-in, used two $40 re-buys, for a total of $120 spent) (finished 29th out 74 entrants)

December 24, 2003/ Christmas Eve

Meet Voters in Parker, Arizona

Meet Voters in Bluewater, Arizona

Christmas Eve Dinner with Campaign Staff in Chappaqua, New York

Christmas Day

Attend Midnight Mass in Chappaqua, New York

Rest

December 26/Boxing Day, 2003

Meet voters in Hagerman, New Mexico

Meet voters in Dexter, New Mexico

Meet Voters in Lake Arthur, New Mexico

December 27, 2003

Guest Color Commentator for NCAA Basketball game at Gallagher Iba- Arena (Oklahoma State Cowboys v Vermont Catamounts) (Alongside Ron Franklin, Dave Revsine, Dave Pasch and Bob Wischusen)

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #213 on: April 18, 2014, 08:01:30 PM »

OWENS FOR PRESIDENT

Dec. 14
-All out in Iowa
-Mega rally with all endorsers
-Speech to crowd of 7500 people
-Work room afterward, band plays

Excerpt from Speech

"We cannot, in times of adversity, rely squarely on the heavy handed power of the government. It must be our priority to strengthen the private sector, to create jobs, lift people out of poverty, and create a new age of prosperity. But prosperity without values is destructive. We must work to create not only a thriving business community, but a thriving society. Defending life, creating a stronger education system, and embracing charity will be a priority of mine in office. Together, friends, we will defend the greatness of America."

Dec. 15
-Alternating between surrogates to barnstorm entire state of Iowa
-Fundraising banquet for local party committee, stay for an endorsement vote
-Visit with coalition groups to organize door knocking campaign
-Accompany volunteers on door knocking campaign

Dec. 18
-More retail politics with whole team of endorsers
-Enhance local campaign infrastructure
-Organize neighborhood teams
-Townhall with voters

Question: Governor Owens, other, liberal, members of this field have raised doubts about your ability in the fall. What do you have to say to those concerns.

Owens: Well, the data contradicts that. We have the most highly organized, highly coordinated campaign in American history. Here in Iowa, we're organizing down to the neighborhood level. So, first of all, we've got an incredible campaign. Second, the national polling data is very much on our favor. We are behind exactly one democratic candidate and it's someone that every one knows whereas I don't have that kind of name recognition. We're going to win if I'm the nominee. I guarantee it.

Dec. 19
-Factory tours, talking about manufacturing
-Work at a soup kitchen in downtown Des Moines, discuss charities and poverty
-Barnstorm with surrogates specific demographics

Dec. 20
-Speech on reforming Medicare Part D
-Talk with seniors groups about bargaining for lower drug prices
-Discuss spending with Americans for Tax Reform and the need for spending cuts
-Balanced budget talk with supporters, take questions

Supporter's question on Medicare Part D
Question: Guv, Senator George Allen voted for Medicare Part D. Do you consider that a blakmark on his conservative record?

Owens: Great question. I've said this time and time again, entitlement spending is wha threatens our budget security for years to come. Medicare Part D was a massive expansion of entitlement spending. Senator Allen and I both call ourselves fiscal conservatives, the only difference is that I've lived it. As Governor, I cut spending, cut taxes, and implemented fiscally conservative policies.

Dec. 21
-Barnstorm rural Iowa
-Mega rally with all surrogates
-Meeting with big donors at campaign office
-Door to door with volunteers

Dec. 23
-Chamber Breakfast in Ames
-Remarks to Young Republican meeting at Iowa State
-Court the YR's of Iowa endorsement.
-Speech at rally about Medicare Part D, mention that Allen voted for it.
-Q&A with supporters

Dec. 24
-Rally with Veterans for Owens in Iowa
-Speak on the wars, promoting a more intelligence-based, drone warfare, etc.
-Rally with more hawkish supporters
-Rally with supporters, dinner with them

OWENS: I will get Osama Bin Laden in my first term.[/b] [/size]
Dec. 25
-Rally in Des Moines
-Rally in Cedar Rapids
-Rally in Ames
-Rally in Waterloo

Dec. 26
-Retail day
-Crisscross the state on a bus your starting in Northeast, moving southwest
-Use surrogates to cover missed area
-Remarks to local Republican committees

Dec. 27
-Finish state bus tour
-Townhalls with voters on the way
-Speak on electability to State Committee Members
-Spend time with family

MONEY

Localize the Money
         The Owens Campaign is taking a unique approach to ad spending. Rather than commanding ad spending from the top of the campaign, the ad spending will be aligned lore closely with the results of door-to-door surveys. The surveys are fed back into the state campaign. The national capital is investing 8 million in the state campaign. This maximizes the effectiveness of the ad dollar. Ads are approved by the national ad director, even though they are state targeted.

The same approach is being taken in other targeted primary states.

Surrogate Message

Surrogates were on the ground in Iowa this turn. When they weren't with the candidate, they were off barnstorming on their own. The surrogates had a regimen of attacks they could use at rallies and speeches. All hit Allen on voting for Medicare Part D. They attacked Giuliani for his lack of respect for basic social conservative values. Attacks were centered on Allen, however. Naturally, the surrogates bolstered Owens campaign as well. They spoke positively of his true fiscal conservative record.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #214 on: April 18, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »

George Allen for President: Campaign Schedule (December 14th-27th, 2003)

George Allen: "There he goes again, Bill Owens is out there trying to persuade all of you that he has a perfect record when we all know that is far from the truth. I endorse Medicare Part D because it lowers costs on prescription drugs through cutting taxes. I don't think the plan was perfect, but it was a good plan that gets results. Bill Owens, meanwhile, fails to pass an initiative for water storage and loses every single county. We need someone with a record of success in Washington, and I have a record of success."

December 14th-17th:
Bus Tour of South Carolina
Barnstorming across the state
Meeting with the State Party with Bob Goodlatte
Meet and Greets
Fundraising in Columbia

"Missouri is at the center of this election, and let me just say this. The Democratic field has the following people: a trial lawyer, the wife of a former President with no accomplishments at her current job, two career politicians, and a certified radical. These are the kind of people where, if you dig in their background even a little, you'll find plenty of things that are askew. That's why I say, when the general election comes, no matter what polling says today, that I would beat all of them in a general election, and I think every person in the field would do the same. That's why we need to make this election about who represents us the best, rather than who is the most moderate by scaring everyone of a possible Hillary Clinton Presidency."

December 18th-20th:
Bus Tour of Missouri
Meet and Greets all across the state
Barnstorming in Springfield, Jefferson City, St. Louis
Town Halls in Bolivar, Lebannon, Clinton, Warrensburg, Lees Sumit, and Booneville
Opening Campaign Offices

December 21st-24th:
Bus Tour of Iowa with Rick Santorum
Meeting with State Party
Town Halls in Smaller Counties with Rick Santorum
Meeting with Volunteers and Staffers
News Blitz

"Americans don't want excuses. I don't give excuses for my record. Medicare Part D was the right thing to do. We have to fix the Healthcare Problem, and by creating Health Savings Accounts, that's the first step. It partially privatizes the system. Look, I'm not going to be the person that says its perfect legislation, but to say that the Entitlement problem is worsened because of this policy is a flat out lie, and I would want Bill Owens to tell our President that he has exacerbated the very thing he went out to fix."

December 25th - 27th:
Dinner with New Hampshire Governors
Barnstorming throughout the state with Governor Craig Benson
Town Halls in smaller cities with Pat Buchanan
Opening Campaign offices
Meet and Greets all across the state

"We don't want somebody who will tell us what we want to hear. We want someone to tell us what is wrong and how he will fix it. George Allen has consistently proven he will do the right thing. Fighting illegal immigration? check. Supporting a strong foreign policy and national defense? check. Cutting taxes in Virginia? check. George Allen is the godsend we need for America, and I hope New Hampshirites see exactly what I see in him."

Major Ad Buy: Change
This ad will air in New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, Missouri, Arizona, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.

"We can't change Washington by electing the same people. Meet George Allen: not a career politician, and a leader in fiscal responsibility. He has introduced in the Senate a line item veto, a balanced budget amendment, and Paycheck Penalty legislation. If only Washington were up to his speed."

"The issues we face today are the same ones we've faced for a long time, and I have the experience, as Governor, Senator, and businessman, to tackle these issues. If you elect me, we can deal with these issues head on, with reliable leadership you can count on. I'm George Allen, and I approve this message, because fighting hard is better than standing aside."
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #215 on: April 18, 2014, 09:19:53 PM »

Giuliani 2004 TV and Radio Ad, Running in the following states

America doesn't need another career politician in the White House, we need a pragmatic leader who isn't bogged down by years of back room partnerships and deals. George Allen has spent 16 years in the Senate and the Virginia State House, Bill Owens has served 12 years in the Colorado Governor's mansion, and Donald Rumsfeld has been in Washington since 1963. Only one candidate hasn't spent his career in elected office and that's Rudy Giuliani. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #216 on: April 18, 2014, 09:37:57 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2014, 09:47:48 PM by Senator Lumine »

OOC: I lacked the time to make a really detailed schedule, so I decided to adapt Maxwell's style for this turn.

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Six:

"At long last, our surge has come! Momentum is behind us in all states, and I am sure that once January comes, we will continue to show our strength and prove to the voters that this campaign has what it takes to win the White House. Many distinguished and brave Republicans stand behind me, and together will take the nomination and stop the Democrats from cancelling all the progress we have made in the past four years. Prepare yourselves, Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, Rumsfeldmania is here to stay!"

December 14th - December 17th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules in Iowa!:
-Bus Tour of the state (focus on cities and urban areas in general)
-Organizing volunteers and staffers in Des Moines for GOTV efforts.
-Rallies in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Iowa City and Ames with Senator Peter Fitzgerald and Vice-President Cheney.

"The next President has a hard task ahead of himself, and it won't be easy. It’s fair to say that he will face a situation in which, because of the nature of the struggle and the fact it is not well understood by the American people, he has the task of managing and maintaining sufficient support for the things he believes are necessary for our country’s safety. He has to take into account the reality that, only if we persevere, we have an opportunity to succeed. The penalties and consequences of failure are so dire for the country that he has to recognize the center of gravity of this struggle is here, in the United States of America. He has to take that into account in reviewing and considering the variety of proposals and suggestions he has received. The next President will need leadership, will need experience, he won't be just another President."

December 18th - December 19th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules in South Carolina!:
-Rallies throughout the major cites of the state. (With Mark Sanford and Bill Frist)
-Holding meetings and campaign events with Gov. Mark Sanford.
-Overseeing the opening of more campaign offices.
-Meeting with conservative and Evangelical leaders alongside Bill Frist.

"I'm getting a little bit tired of the fight, don't you feel the same? I'm more conservative than you, I did this and you didn't, I don't give excuses, ect, etc, etc. I don't believe a race should be a 100% positive, but the candidates are beginning to look slightly immature at this point. I know, people tell me that when I ask them. I sincerely feel we are not here to participate in a beauty pageant of ideological purity, we are here to lead, to convince people that we can lead and be mature, responsible and effective Presidents. Rudy Giuliani, for example, he seems to be going after me for having too much experience. And I find it funny coming from the candidate with the least amount of experience. Experience matters, ladies and gentlemen, it truly does. The next President needs to know from day one, not learn as time goes."

December 20th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules in Delaware!:
-Amtrak Tour:
 -Quickly tour and give short speeches in:
   -Brandywine, Newark, Wilmington, Dover and Piedmont.
-Rally and tour of Wilmington with Newt Gingrich.

"Day after day after all I see the news cycle and the speeches of the Democrat candidates, and I keep hearing that the President has been a failure and that we are a party that doesn't know what it's doing. And they say that, even when they have no plan to back them, no specific proposals beyond the talk of withdrawing from Iraq and solving some generic problems. I don't feel inclined to let them get away with it, America deserves an experienced President that knows exactly what to do and how to act. Mark my words, a President who is only based on slogan and speeches won't get too far, and he will probably become Jimmy Carter 2.0."

December 21at - December 27th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules in New Hampshire!:
-Town Hall meetings with John E. Sununu.
-Organizing GOTV efforts with campaign team.
-Rallies of the major cities in New Hampshire.
-Quick bus tours in rural areas, appeal to the "independent" spirit of the state.
-Meeting with war veterans across the state.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Surrogates:

Vice-President Dick Cheney: Campaign events in Iowa, meeting with Rumsfeld donors, appeals to continuing the Bush legacy with an actual member of the administration.

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich: Rallies in Delaware, Missouri, Oklahoma and South Carolina, appeals to conservatives and hawks to win the War on Terror.

Senator Bill Frist: Campaign events in South Carolina, meeting with donors and officers across the South to solidify support for Rumsfeld.

Senator John Sununu: Focus on Town Halls and Rallies in New Hampshire, target all kinds of Republican voters on the basis of "leadership" and "experience" beyond ideology.

Governor Mark Sanford: Massive tour of South Carolina, trying to increase turnout and secure the state.

Senator Peter Fitzgerald: Events in Iowa, Illinois, Michigan and Indiana, try to win the Midwest for Rumsfeld.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #217 on: April 18, 2014, 09:41:02 PM »

John Edwards for President: December

December 14th
-Town hall in Kingsport, TN
-Town hall in Johnson City, TN
-Meet and greet in Elizabethton, TN
-Rally in Knoxville, TN

Unions made manufacturing jobs the foundation of our middle class, and they can do the same for our service economy. That's why I’m backed by the SEIU. Union membership can be the difference between a poverty-wage job and middle-class security. Federal law promises workers the right to choose a union, but the law is poorly enforced, full of loopholes, and routinely violated by employers. I support legislation to give workers a real choice in whether to form a union, and making penalties for breaking labor laws tougher and faster, so unions can compete on a level playing field and the right to join a union means something. I will also ban the permanent replacement of strikers so unions can negotiate fairly. Everyone deserves the opportunity to work hard and build a better life, and I’ll overhaul our labor laws to do that.

December 15th
-Rally in Oak Ridge, TN
-Meet and greet in Vonore, TN
-Meet and greet in Dayton, TN
-Rally in Chattanooga, TN

Now, I know what y’all’re thinking. What’s John Edwards doing here in Tennessee? Shouldn’t everyone here be voting for Al Gore? After all, he was y’all’s Senator. But was he? Was he really? He grew up in DC, went to a private school in DC, went to Harvard. None of those sound very Tennessee to me. I grew up the son of a mill worker, the first in my family to go to college, and I worked my way through NC State. Which one of those in more in touch with people round here? Which one’s closer to here - North Carolina or Washington, DC?

December 16th
-Meet and greet in Pall Mall, TN
-Meet and greet in Castalian Springs, TN
-Rally in Nashville, TN

December 17th
-Town hall in Franklin, TN
-Meet and greet in Columbia, TN
-Meet and greet in White Bluff, TN

December 18th
-Meet and greet in Pinson, TN
-Meet and greet in Savannah, TN
-Meet and greet in Bolivar, TN

December 19th
-Meet and greet in Henning, TN
-Town hall in Memphis, TN
-Rally in Memphis, TN
-Flight to Virginia

What we need to do is make work pay. As President, I’ll raise the minimum wage and triple the earned income tax credit for adults without children, while cutting the EITC marriage penalty. A $1 increase in the minimum wage alone would have lifted 900,000 people out of poverty - increasing the reward for working will help far more. My goal is to get the thirty-seven million Americans currently living in poverty out of poverty, so we can truly build one America.

December 20th
-Meet and greet in Pocahontas, VA with Rep. Rick Boucher
-Meet and greet in Troutdale, VA with Rep. Rick Boucher
-Meet and greet in Critz, VA with Rep. Rick Boucher
-Town hall in Chatham, VA with Gov. Mark Warner

December 21st
-Meet and greet in South Boston, VA
-Meet and greet in Clarksville, VA
-Town hall in Petersburg, VA with Gov. Mark Warner
-Rally in Richmond, VA with Gov. Mark Warner
-Fundraiser in Richmond, VA with Gov. Mark Warner

Half of American families say they are living paycheck to paycheck, and three out of 10 American workers have not been able to save a dime for their retirement. I’ll crack down on abusive lenders by creating a new Families Savings and Credit Commission to protect families and with strong national laws against abusive and predatory credit cards, payday loans and mortgages. I’ll also create Work Bonds to help families save and invest, providing financial safety nets for hard times. Work Bonds, a new tax credit of up to $500, will help low and moderate-income, working Americans save for the future. The top 300,000 individuals now make more than the bottom 150 million - by making it easier to save, we can help reduce that difference.

December 22nd
-Meet and greet in Manakin, VA
-Meet and greet in Hopewell, VA
-Town hall in Charles City, VA with Gov. Mark Warner
-Meet and greet in Burrowsville, VA

December 23rd
-Meet and greet in Capahosic, VA
-Town hall in Williamsburg, VA with Gov. Mark Warner
-Rally in Hampton, VA with Rep. Owen B. Pickett and Gov. Mark Warner
-Meet and greet in Surry, VA

Trade deals need to make sense for American workers, not just corporations. I’ll make sure any new trade agreements include strong labor and environmental standards and will vigorously enforce American workers' rights in existing agreements. I’ll also expand trade adjustment assistance to do much more for the workers and communities that are hurt by global competition and reform our international tax code to remove incentives for companies to move overseas. Over the past 20 years, 40% of the income growth has gone only to the top 1 percent. We’re growing apart - as President, I’ll work to bring us back together.

December 24th
-Christmas Eve service at St. Luke’s Church, Smithfield, VA

December 25th
-Christmas service at Bruton Parish Church, Williamsburg, VA

December 26th
-Town hall in Portsmouth, VA with Gov. Mark Warner
-Rally in Virginia Beach, VA with Rep. Owen B. Pickett and Gov. Mark Warner

As President, I pledges to protect the Davis Bacon Act, which ensures that workers on federal construction projects receive the local prevailing wage. The Act prevents contractors from slashing wages in order to win federal contracts with low-ball bids. I believe we cannot go on as Two Americas—one favored, the other forgotten—if we plan to stay productive, competitive and secure. I want to live in an America where we value work as well as wealth. I know that together we can build One America – a place where everyone has a fair shot at the American Dream. But to do that, we must build One American Economy, where everybody has the opportunity to work hard and build a better life.

December 27th
-Meet and greet in Cheriton, VA with Rep. Owen B. Pickett
-Meet and greet in Eastville, VA with Rep. Owen B. Pickett
-Flight to Des Moines

Endorsements

Gov. Mark Warner
As Governor of this great state, I don’t make an endorsement lightly. But it’s great to see another candidate, the first in his family to graduate and who worked his way through college, a self-made man, running for President. It’s also good to have another moderate Democrat campaigning on improving children’s education and reforming our schools. He’s simply the best in the field, and he’s got my vote.

Rep. Owen B. Pickett
In my long service to the state of Virginia and to my constituents, I’ve never seen a candidate who’s as much of an advocate for the people as John Edwards. He has my endorsement, and my vote.

Rep. Rick Boucher
John Edwards has a record of fighting for the betterment of the common man. He has my full support.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #218 on: April 18, 2014, 09:43:13 PM »

Endorsements

Gov. Mark Warner
As Governor of this great state, I don’t make an endorsement lightly. But it’s great to see another candidate, the first in his family to graduate and who worked his way through college, a self-made man, running for President. It’s also good to have another moderate Democrat campaigning on improving children’s education and reforming our schools. He’s simply the best in the field, and he’s got my vote.

Sorry, I've taken Warner as Biden.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #219 on: April 18, 2014, 09:45:55 PM »

Endorsements

Gov. Mark Warner

Sorry, I've taken Warner as Biden.
I apologize for creating the misconception. I erred and forgot about Warner being taken.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #220 on: April 18, 2014, 09:47:11 PM »

Donald Rumsfeld TV Ad: Ready to be President:

States: Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Illinois, Missouri, Arizona, Delaware, Texas and Georgia:

(We see some pictures of Donald Rumsfeld as a Congressman, Sec. of Defense, Chief of Staff and Sec. of Defense again, then we see Rumsfeld giving a speech to a large audience)

Voiceover: For all his life, Don Rumsfeld has been involved in public service, trying to get things done. Fighting poverty as a Congressman, helping Gerald Ford as Chief of Staff, fighting in the War on Terror as a Sec. of Defense, he has always tried to get things done and prove that experience is key to efficiency and true leadership. America needs a strong President, and you can trust Secretary Rumsfeld to be that kind of President.

Voiceover: Ready to be President from day one, vote Rumsfeld for President.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #221 on: April 18, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: December 14-27

December 14-18
-Rallies in IA
-Fundraisers in IA
-Meetings with state Democratic officials in IA
-Grassroots coordination in IA

December 19-22
-Rallies in NH
-Fundraisers in NH
-Town Halls in NH
-Grasroots coordination in NH
-Interviews with local media in NH

December 23-25
With Jesse Jackson and Ralph Nader
-Rallies in SC
-Fundraisers in SC
-Town Halls in SC

December 26-27
With Ralph Nader and George McGovern
-Rallies in NM
-Fundraisers in NM
-Town Halls in NM
-Meetings with state Democratic officials in NM
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #222 on: April 18, 2014, 10:22:21 PM »

Reminder this Round will close at 12:01 AM EST
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #223 on: April 18, 2014, 11:01:23 PM »

Round VII: December 28 2003 - January 10 2004

Upcoming Caucus and Primary Dates
Iowa Caucuses: January 19th
New Hampshire Primary: January 27th
Mini Super Tuesday: February 3rd (Arizona, Delaware, Missouri, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Carolina)
Michigan Primary/Washington Caucus: February 7

Polling: Republican Nomination
Rudy Giuliani: 22%
Donald Rumsfeld: 18%
George Allen: 18%
Bill Owen: 16%
Gary Johnson: 14%
Other: 12%

Polling: Democratic Nomination
John Edwards: 22%
Joe Biden: 18%
Dennis Kucinich: 18%
Al Gore: 11%
Undecided: 7%

Iowa Caucuses: Republicans
George Allen: 24%
Gary Johnson: 19%
Bill Owen: 18%
Rudy Giuliani: 17%
Donald Rumsfeld: 15%

Iowa Caucuses: Democrats
John Edwards: 29%
Dennis Kucinich: 21%
Joe Biden: 18%
Al Gore: 6%
Undecided: 3%

New Hampshire Primary: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 26%
Donald Rumsfeld: 23%
Gary Johnson: 20%
George Allen: 15%
Bill Owens: 12%
Undecided: 4%

New Hampshire Primary: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 27%
John Edwards: 22%
Dennis Kucinich: 19%
Al Gore: 6%

This Round will Feature a Forum for all the Candidates, taking place in New Hampshire.

Questions: All The Candidates: Democrats and Republicans
The North Country in New Hampshire has felt the effects of the economy, with many factories and plants closing down what can be done to bring jobs to the North Country?

To all the Candidates: Democrats and Republicans
Do you support the Patriot Act and does it go far enough?

To Governor Owens:
Governor, you stated the priority of your first time will be finding Osama Bin Laden, how will you achieve that goal?

To Mayor Giuliani:
What is your plan to reduce the deficit and can it be done without raising taxes?

To Senator Allen:
How do you preserve social security?

To Secretary Rumsfeld:
What are you plans for the US economy?

To Governor Johnson:
Governor, your campaign is based on the idea of maximizing freedom, how do you accomplish that goal as President?

To Rep. Kucinich:
Congressman, you support raising the minimum wage, what do you believe is an appropriate level at this time?

To Senator Clinton:
What is the single greatest difference between you and Senator Edwards?

To Vice President Gore:
Some pundits have been critical of your campaign, saying that you've not put in the necessary effort to be competitive, do you agree with that assessment and if so what is your plan going forward?

To Senator Biden:
What measures should be taken by the US to ensure Iran is never successful in creating or obtaining a nuclear bomb?

To Senator Edwards:
Senator, why should Democrats nominate you over the other candidates?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #224 on: April 18, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »

An Editorial: For President, George Allen

With the loss of an outstanding candidate, the choice got a lot harder. However, following George W. Bush's strong legacy and precedent as President, only George Allen has the leadership capabilities to make our country. We believe that George Allen is a candidate of conservative conviction: his record both as Governor and Senator shows this.[/font]

The field has been relatively strong, with many candidates making their mark on their states and country, but one thing that came up in our decision was conviction. Allen has had by far the most conviction to the values that are set forth in this newspaper. The campaign has attempted to move away from the issues, but Allen has consistently put forward a substance based campaign.

When push came to shove on healthcare, George Allen decided to make a change for the better. Other candidates criticized him for it, but a change for the better is just that: a change for the better, and Allen recognizes that. Making substantive changes in Washington is key toward the future of America, and we are choosing the candidate most likely to make those changes.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies