2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 27, 2024, 08:46:34 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155586 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #350 on: May 04, 2014, 06:57:58 PM »
« edited: May 04, 2014, 09:06:40 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

New George Allen Endorsements

Major Michigan Endorsement: Former Governor John Engler to endorse Allen

Lansing, Michigan -- Senator George Allen flew in to receive the endorsement of Former Michigan Governor John Engler. Engler, known for being a surprisingly skilled politico for getting elected by large margins in the typically red Michigan, made note of Allen's strong support for Social Security reform, tax reform, and hard fighting on the war on terror. Engler brings out his notable clout among Michigan Republicans and his connections to monied interests, and could give Allen a boost in fundraising.

February 4th and 5th - Fundraising for George Allen
February 6th - Barnstorming in Michigan
February 7th - GOTV in Michigan

Bill Kristol op-ed: Allen for President

Short segments of Kristol's op-ed

America is currently at a crossroads - we face a threat on this country like never before. We face a Democratic party, who more than ever doubt and undermine our strength across the world. In a post 9/11 world, we need a leader who emphasizes peace through strenght like never before.

Senator George Allen is a leader who strikes me as particularly strong. He's managed to keep his cool in debates, under accusations of making it an "ideological" battle. He's run on his principles, running on good economic theory, and most importantly, on a strong foreign policy. Nothing in his record ever causes concern: both for those in the Republican Party, and for those outside of the party.

He's the clear choice for our country, and for a safer, more democratic world.

Feburary 5th - 7th - Media Appearances for Allen

Another Bush Administration man to endorse Allen - this time, Tommy Thompson

Washington D.C. - Allen did not arrive to receive the endorsement, but Tommy Thompson never the less made it clear which candidate he favored. The Bush administration seems to be falling more and more in line behind a candidate, and their candidate of choice seems to be Allen. This endorsement came to the surprise of some - who were predicting his endorsement to be for Giuliani, but it made since in terms of momentum.

February 4th - Cabinet Duties
February 5th - Meeting with top Republican donors, fundraising
February 6th - Barnstorming in Michigan
February 7th - GOTV in Michigan
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #351 on: May 04, 2014, 08:44:24 PM »

Schedule for Bill Clinton

February 4, 2004

Speech at Clark College, Vancouver, Washington

I know it's a little bit early to be talking about Earth Day, and all... But this university produced one of the greatest advocates for the environment, we live in, in Denis Hayes, who supervised the very first Earth Day, all the way back in 1970, to taking it to a worldwide call to action in places as far-flung as Washington D.C's National Mall, Tahrir Square in Cairo, Tienanmen Square in Beijing,  Tiergarten Park in Berlin, The Palace of Versailles, The Old Course at St. Andrews, Yankee Stadium and Grant Park in Chicago. He's gotten millions to start caring about the environment, not with just words, but with action. That's what separates Hillary Clinton from the Kucinich's and and the Edwards's  of the world.... We don't just talk about what we're going to do, we actually do it!  

Interview with Joe Donlon (KGW/NBC 8 Portland, Oregon/Vancouver,Washington) for Broadcast on the 11:00 PM (Thursday) edition, Yacolt, Washington

So Mr. President, do you believe that Senator Clinton is now the favorite to become the Democratic nominee?
Joe, I think it's still too early to tell. Senator Kucinich has surprised us once, he easily could do so again, Senator Biden's run an excellent campaign so far, and Senator Edwards, health problems not withstanding, still has the calendar on his side, with Tennessee and Virginia voting on the Tenth, and the remaining Southern States voting on the Ninth of March.
Would you be willing to campaign for a nominee that isn't Hillary Clinton?
Given Hillary's leading in delegates right now, I don't see why the question is necessary, but yes I would be willing to campaign for Biden, Kucinich or Edwards if they became the nominee, and I'm certain Hillary would put winning in November over pettiness in that scenario.
How do predict Hillary will do in Washington and Michigan?
It wouldn't surprise me if she lost both, and it wouldn't surprise me if she won both, but since I nailed the results in Iowa, I'll go out on a limb and say she wins both Michigan and Washington, but Biden and Edwards are able to rack up delegates as well.
What about the Republican Side of the race? What do predict there?
First, I'd like to state that I thought Secretary Rumsfeld dropped out too quickly. We had internal polling that had him ahead in Michigan, Nevada, and Maryland, but I guess his polling said something different. As for the upcoming states? I'm going out on a limb and guessing that Governor Johnson will take Washington, and that Giuliani will win Michigan.  
Do you believe there will be a competitive race for the Democratic Nomination when Oregon votes on May Eighteenth?
While I can't say beyond a reasonable doubt who we will have as our nominee, I think I can safely say we will have nominee by Mid-May. That doesn't mean we won't be campaigning in Oregon though as from what I recall, Oregon has a recent history of being a swing state,

GOTV in Battle Ground Washington

GOTV in Washougal, Washington

February 5, 2004

GOTV in Connell, Wisconsin

GOTV, Yakima. Wisconsin

Interview With Zubair Ahmed Siddiqui for Dateline Pakistan (To be aired on Monday February 9, 2004 Pakistan time), Union Gap, Wisconsin

Does Senator Clinton think of Pakistan as an ally or an enemy?

I'm not sure she thinks in such stark black-and-white terms regarding Pakistan. She certainly doesn't see it as a consistent ally, but more so as someone who, in our hour of need offered to help us. Just because they aren't doing all they can doesn't mean they aren't trying.

In terms of the Israel situation, Senator Clinton is one of the few proponents of moving the U.S Embassy to Jerusalem, and our President Pervez Musharaff, has opened disscussion to open an embassy in Beersheba. The question I ask is, if you accept that Jerusalem is the capital of a "Jewish State" than does a country have to put their embassy there.  

Hillary and I actually share different views on this subject. While for me the answer is yes, without a doubt. Hillary and to a lesser extent people  like Latvian President Vaira Vike-Freiberga, Former Latvian Prime Minister Andris Berzins, Former Kazakhstani Prime Minister Kassym-Jomart Tokayev and UN Secretary General Kofi Annan believe, that even if you believe with all your heart that a capital is in one place, there's no reason why your'e diplomats can't be somewhere else. Hillary may not apply that with Israel, I don't know what she's thinking on that issue, but there's no reason why you couldn't put the embassy for our country in Chicago, instead of Washington D.C, or why the Irish couldn't put their embassy to England in Belfast, instead of London.

Do you believe Senator Clinton has a plan to find Osama Bin Laden?

She better, or there's no way she's getting elected.... Really though she'll need to talk with people on the ground, be it the commanders in Afghanistan, or your commanders in Pakistan, to determine the right approach. After three years of slipping away, Bin Laden could be anywhere from an apartment in Abbottabad, to a shipping container in Karachi, to still being in the caves of Tora Bora. Both America and Pakistan must remain vigilant against Bin Laden and Al-Qaeda, because as we know, he targets anyone he thinks is an unbeliever, even if they are believers.

February 6, 2004

Concert Fundraiser at Ceasars Palace, Las Vegas Nevada for Harry Reid, Shelly Berkely and Tom Gallagher (Stevie Nicks, Dolly Parton, Shania Twain, The Durutti Column, New Order, Haven, Sheryl Crow, Guns'N" Roses, Thin Lizzy,and Whitesnake performing)

GOTV Las Vegas, Nevada

February 7, 2004

Meet Voters in Barnes, Wisconsin

Meet Voters in Mason, Wisconsin

GOTV in Ishpeming, Michigan

Watch election returns, Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, Michigan
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #352 on: May 04, 2014, 08:57:31 PM »

Giuliani Endorsements

Vice President Dick Cheney I originally supported Donny Rumsfeld for President, I've worked with Donny for most of my career and he would have made a great President. But now that he's suspended his campaign, I offer my endorsement to Mayor Rudy Giuliani. The Mayor and Secretary Rumsfeld have very similar political stances, they both have extensive backgrounds in homeland security, and they're both great men. I urge everyone who backed Secretary Rumsfeld to vote for Mayor Giuliani.
- Vice President Cheney spends Feb. 4th-Feb. 7th barnstorming in Michigan and Tennessee.

Senator Kay Bailey Hutchinson By this point in the campaign, it's clear that there are three tiers of candidates. First, there's those who are just running to make a statement. That's where Governor Johnson and Secretary Rumsfeld belong. Second, there's those who would be fine candidates but couldn't win in the general election. That's were Governor Owens and Senator Allen belong. Then there's the top tier. The candidate who can win the nomination, unite the party, and win in November. There's only one man in that tier and it's Mayor Rudy Giuliani.
- Senator Hutchinson spends Feb. 4th-Feb. 7th barnstorming in Washington and Tennessee.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #353 on: May 05, 2014, 08:10:26 AM »

May this round be extended by one day, please?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #354 on: May 05, 2014, 08:47:45 AM »

May this round be extended by one day, please?
Yes, that's find. The round will now close on Thursday at 12:01 AM est.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #355 on: May 05, 2014, 11:01:40 AM »

Guntaker was banned for being 11 years old, so Biden is out.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #356 on: May 05, 2014, 11:07:00 AM »

Ahaha. I wonder how NHI will spin Biden's withdrawal in this game.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #357 on: May 05, 2014, 12:04:09 PM »

Is it too soon to ask for Biden's endorsement?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #358 on: May 05, 2014, 12:08:16 PM »

Perhaps Biden could be offered to a new player? (or an old one, like Riley)
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #359 on: May 05, 2014, 12:59:31 PM »

I'd rather have his endorsement, but giving him to Riley is fine with me as well.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #360 on: May 05, 2014, 01:41:23 PM »

I'd rather have his endorsement, but giving him to Riley is fine with me as well.
If Riley wants to play Biden then fine, otherwise I can find a way to spin it....
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #361 on: May 06, 2014, 12:26:01 PM »

badgate has asked to play Biden, so everyone is fine with it, I see no problem having Biden remain in the game.

NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #362 on: May 06, 2014, 12:30:45 PM »

Reminder: This Round will Close at 12:01 AM EST on Thursday 5/8/14
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #363 on: May 06, 2014, 12:32:45 PM »

Can we get a post-Rumsfeld withdraw poll in the two states we're running in, since Rumsfeld isn't going to make an endorsement there?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #364 on: May 06, 2014, 12:44:32 PM »

Joe Biden Debate

To All the candidates: All of you have expressed dissatisfaction with the President's handling of the war in Iraq, how will you as President execute it and as some of you have stated end it?

I've always felt pride in my heart when I am privileged to inform someone, "I am an American." However, I firmly believe that our national identity comes with a responsibility to be ethical, honest, and strong leaders. It is my belief that we should work to stabilize the nation of Iraq. Our departing President, George Bush, swindled us with false information and deceived the international community as well. This is not a legacy I intend to carry on in the White House. My administration will work with our international allies to swiftly stabilize the Iraqi government, including the holding of democratic elections before the end of my first year in office. While some troops already in Iraq may continue their deployment to help train the Iraqi National Guard, it is my intention that we will use economic aid rather than a surge of American sons and daughters, to finish our work in Iraq.

To Senator Biden: Senator Biden, What separates you from Senator Clinton, Edwards and Congressman Kucinich as the best candidate to lead the Democrats in the fall?

My campaign is centered on the resilience of the American spirit. I believe that my candidacy connects with hardworking Americans in a way that is far more pervasive than that of my competitors here in the Democratic primary. Put simply: I will be a President who can hang.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #365 on: May 06, 2014, 01:26:13 PM »
« Edited: May 08, 2014, 01:28:24 AM by badgate »

OOC: Not exactly sure what dates to do for the campaigning...someone PM me if I get anything wrong and need to edit my post. Also, is there a list somewhere of who has endorsed Biden? Or do I need to sift through the whole thread so far and make my own list Sad

Biden Campaign Schedule

Wednesday, February 4, 2004 Michigan
9:00am - Meet & Greet with volunteers in Detroit
9:45am - Press Conference with Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick; Mayor Kilpatrick endorses Biden for President
10:30am - Phone call with Rep. Jim Matheson (Seeking endorsement)
11:00am - break
11:30am - Phone call with Representative Shelley Berkley (Seeking endorsement)
12:30am - Rally in Detroit with Mayor Kilpatrick
1:30-2:30pm - Travel
2:30pm - Town Hall in Ann Arbor
3:45pm - Barnstorming in Ypsilanti
5:00pm - Barnstorming in Westland
6:00pm - Rally in Dearborn
7:00pm - break
8:30pm - Fundraiser in Detroit
10:30pm - Travel to Lansing

Thursday, February 5, 2004 Michigan
7:00am - Satellite interview with Maine affiliates.
10:00am - Meet & Greet at The Fleetwood Diner in Lansing
11:30am - Town Hall in Lansing
12:45pm - Barnstorming in Grand Ledge
2:00pm - Barnstorming in Portland
4:30pm - Rally in Grand Rapids
5:45pm - Speaking before group of retirement communities in Grand Rapids
7:00pm - Rally in Wyoming
9:00pm - Meet & Greet with volunteers after phone bank in Grand Rapids
10:00pm - Travel to Washington

Friday, February 6, 2004 Washington
9:15am - Speech at Mount Rainier National Park
10:30am - Press Conference with Governor Gary Locke in Olympia, Governor Locke endorses Biden for President
11:00am - Town Hall in Olympia
12:00pm - Rally in Olympia with Governor Gary Locke
1:45pm - Town Hall in Centralia
4:30pm - Barnstorming in Lakewood
5:15pm - Rally in Tacoma
5:45pm - Student Forum at University of Puget Sound
7:00pm - Town Hall in Federal Way
8:15pm - Rally in Renton
9:30pm - Fundraiser in Seattle with Governor Gary Locke, Senator Maria Cantwell; hosted by League of Conservation Voters

Saturday, February 7, 2004 Washington
6:00am - Appearance on Seattle morning shows
9:00am - Meet & Greet with volunteers in Seattle with Senator Maria Cantwell
10:00am - Rally outside field office in downtown Seattle with Senator Maria Cantwell & Senator Daniel Inoyue; Senator Cantwell endorses Biden for President
11:00am - Satellite interviews with Michigan affiliates in Detroit, Bay City, Midland, Lansing, Ann Arbor, and Grand Rapids.
12:15pm - Town Hall in Bellevue
1:45pm - Barnstorm in Redmond with Senator Maria Cantwell
3:00pm - Barnsotrm in Kirkland with Senator Maria Cantwell
4:30pm - Town Hall in Woodlinville
6:00pm - Rally in Lynnwood
7:00pm - Conference call with GOTV volunteers in Maine to thank them for their service and hard work.
8:00pm - GOTV in Everett
9:30pm - Meet & Greet with volunteers in Marysville, interview with local affiliates.

Sunday, February 8, 2004 Washington
8:00am - Fly to Spokane International Airport
10:00am - Press Conference outside Spokane International Airport
11:30am - GOTV in western Spokane
12:45pm - Rally in northern Spokane
1:30pm - Barnstorm in Town and Country
2:00pm - GOTV in Fairwood
5:00pm - Rally in Spokane Valley
6:00pm - Per the campaign, released 2/7/04 at 6:00am: "Senator Biden will visit Antoine Peak Conservation Area to enjoy Washington's beautiful landscape before returning to the field office in Spokane to watch the primary results come in with his valued and hardworking campaign workers and volunteers."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #366 on: May 06, 2014, 01:30:28 PM »

Tracking Poll: Democrats

Michigan:
Hillary Clinton: 31%
Joe Biden: 25%
John Edwards: 20%
Dennis Kucinich: 18%
Undecided: 6%

Washington:
Hillary Clinton: 26%
Dennis Kucinich: 25%
Joe Biden: 20%
Undecided: 9%

Tracking Poll: Republicans

Michigan:
Rudy Giuliani: 38%
George Allen: 34%
Gary Johnson: 21%
Undecided: 7%

Washington:
Rudy Giuliani: 32%
George Allen: 29%
Gary Johnson: 28%
Undecided: 11%

The Republican primary is down to a three-man race between Mayor Rudy Giuliani, Senator George Allen and Governor Gary Johnson. With Donald Rumsfeld out of the race, it has considerably tightened between the Former New York Mayor and Virginia Senator. Johnson remains a dark horse in the race, particularly in a state like Washington.

On the Democratic side Clinton looks to be the favorite heading into Michigan, with Dennis Kucinich polling strong in Washington. Turnout and organization will be the keys to victory in both states.

General Election Polling

Rudy Giuliani: 49%
Hillary Clinton: 45%

Rudy Giuliani: 51%
Dennis Kucinich: 41%

Rudy Giuliani: 50%
John Edwards: 44%

Rudy Giuliani: 49%
Joe Biden: 45%

George Allen: 46%
Hillary Clinton: 46%

George Allen: 50%
Dennis Kucinich: 41%

George Allen: 48%
John Edwards: 45%

George Allen: 48%
Joe Biden: 46%

Hillary Clinton: 49%
Gary Johnson: 44%

Gary Johnson: 48%
Dennis Kucinich: 43%

Gary Johnson: 46%
John Edwards: 45%

Joe Biden: 48%
Gary Johnson: 45%

Pres. Bush Approval Ratings
Approve: 51%
Disapprove: 43%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #367 on: May 06, 2014, 01:39:45 PM »

Upcoming Contests:

February 8: Maine
February 10: Tennessee, Virginia
February 14: DC, Nevada
February 17: Wisconsin
February 24: Hawaii, Idaho, Utah

Super Tuesday: March 2
California, Connecticut, Georgia, Maryland, Massachusetts, Minnesota, New York, Ohio, Rhode Island, Vermont

Maine Polling: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 27%
Joe Biden: 22%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%
John Edwards: 16%
Undecided: 18%

Maine Polling: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 45%
George Allen: 25%
Gary Johnson: 20%
Undecided: 10%

Tennessee: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 25%
John Edwards: 25%
Dennis Kucinich: 16%
Undecided: 14%

Virginia: Democrats
John Edwards: 26%
Dennis Kucinich: 17%
Undecided: 12%

Tennessee: Republicans
George Allen: 38%
Rudy Giuliani: 33%
Gary Johnson: 17%

Virginia: Republicans
George Allen: 70%
Rudy Giuliani: 16%
Gary Johnson: 8%
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #368 on: May 06, 2014, 02:09:31 PM »
« Edited: May 06, 2014, 08:07:42 PM by badgate »

Biden Surrogates

Olympia Snowe, Senator from Maine
I have always believed, as so many of us here in Maine do, that party affiliation is a mere letter next to a name on the ballot. What's really important is the name, the person, and their ability to lead our nation. You have placed your trust in me to represent you in the United States Senate, and I believe that trust will not be misplaced with Joe Biden in the White House. I urge all of my supporters to vote in the Democratic primary, and give the Senator with the sagest vision for America your support: Joe Biden for President!

February 6, 2004 Maine
-Appearances on local media.
-Joining canvassers in Portland.
-Pep talk to volunteers before they begin phone banking for Biden.

February 7, 2004 Maine
-Barnstorming key precincts for support for Biden.

February 8, 2004 Maine
-Barnstorming and GOTV for support for Biden.

Ted Kennedy, Senator from Massachusetts

February 5, 2004 Maine
-Rally in Portland
-Rally in Brunswick
-Rally in Augusta

February 8, 2004 Maine
-Barnstorming and GOTV for support for Biden.

Mark Warner, Senator from Virginia

February 5, 2004 Virginia
-Interviews with local affiliates across the state endorsing Joe Biden.

February 6, 2004 D.C.
-Working at Senate office in D.C.

February 7, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming in Richmond
-Barnstorming in Petersburg
-Barnstorming in Newport News
-Barnstorming in Norfolk

February 8, 2004 Virginia
-Rally in Hampton
-Speech before retirement community in Norfolk
-Barnstorming in Virginia Beach
-Barnstorming in Chesapeake

Kwame Kilpatrick, Mayor from Detroit

February 6, 2004 Michigan
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Highland Park
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Hamtramck
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Milwaukee Junction
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Poletown East
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Midtown
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Downtown

February 7, 2004 Michigan
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Grosse Pointe Park
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Morningside
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Grosse Pointe
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Grosse Pointe Farms
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Harper Woods

Maria Cantwell, Senator from Washington

February 6, 2004 Washington
-GOTV and Barnstorming Centralia
-GOTV and Barnstorming Castle Rock
-GOTV and Barnstorming Longview

February 8, 2004 Washington
-GOTV and Barnstorming Ellensburg
-GOTV and Barnstorming Yakima
-GOTV and Barnstorming Kennewick

Gary Locke, Governor from Washington

February 7, 2004 Washington
-GOTV and Barnstorming Walla Walla
-GOTV and Barnstorming Richland
-GOTV and Barnstorming Wenatchee

February 8, 2004 Washington
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Ferndale
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Bellingham
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Burlington/Mt. Vernon

Mark Dayton, Senator from Minnesota

February 6, 2004 Michigan
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Muskegon
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Grand Rapids
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Kentwood
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Kalamazoo

February 7, 2004 Michigan
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Holland
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Benton Harbor
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Portage
-GOTV and Barnstorming in Battle Creek

Arlen Specter, Senator from Pennsylvania

February 4, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming in Alexandria
-Speech at George Mason University
-Barnstorming in Arlington
-Barnstorming in Springfield

February 5, 2004 D.C.
-Working at Senate office in D.C.

February 6, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Fairfax
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Oakton
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Annandale

Ben Chandler, Representative from Kentucky's 6th Congressional District

February 4, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming in Wise
-Barnstorming in Richlands
-Barnstorming in Abingdon
-Barnstorming in Meadowview

February 5, 2004 Kentucky
-Rest in home district.

February 6, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming in Wytheville
-Barnstorming in Pulaski
-Barnstorming in Radford Christiansburg
-Barnstorming in Blacksburg

February 7, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Roanoke
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Rocky Mt.
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Martinsville
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Danville

February 8, 2004 Virginia
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Lynchburg
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Lexington
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Waynesboro
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Charlottesville
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #369 on: May 06, 2014, 02:37:01 PM »

I've still been following this, as it is one of the best games we have ever had. I'm glad we have Biden still in the race.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #370 on: May 06, 2014, 04:52:28 PM »

Polling:

Washington, DC: Democrats
Joe Biden: 24%
Dennis Kucinich: 22%
John Edwards: 17%

Nevada: Democrats
Dennis Kucinich: 20%
John Edwards: 18%
Undecided: 16%

Washington, DC: Republican
Rudy Giuliani: 41%
Gary Johnson: 15%
Undecided: 10%

Nevada: Republicans
George Allen: 32%
Rudy Giuliani: 29%
Gary Johnson: 24%
Undecided: 15%

Wisconsin: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 30%
Dennis Kucinich: 14%
Undecided: 14%

Wisconsin: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 35%
George Allen: 32%
Gary Johnson: 20%
Undecided: 13%

Hawaii: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 28%
Joe Biden: 21%
Dennis Kucinich: 20%
Undecided: 11%

Idaho: Democrats
Joe Biden: 25%
Dennis Kucinich: 15%
Undecided: 17%

Utah: Democrats
Hillary Clinton: 29%
Dennis Kucinich: 15%
John Edwards: 15%
Undecided: 17%

Idaho: Republicans
George Allen: 43%
Rudy Giuliani: 29%
Gary Johnson: 12%
Undecided: 16%

Hawaii: Republicans
Rudy Giuliani: 39%
Gary Johnson: 15%

Utah: Republicans
George Allen: 40%
Rudy Giuliani: 32%
Gary Johnson: 19%
Undecided: 9%

Republican Nomination Polling: Giuliani +3
Rudy Giuliani: 33%
George Allen: 30%
Gary Johnson: 24%
undecided: 13%

Democratic Nomination Polling: Clinton +4
Hillary Clinton: 27%
Joe Biden: 23%
Dennis Kucinich: 19%
John Edwards: 19%

Likeability of the candidates:

Rudy Giuliani:
Favorable: 49%
Unfavorable: 33%
No opinion/undecided: 18%

George Allen:
Favorable: 46%
Unfavorable: 32%
No opinion/undecided: 22%

Gary Johnson:
Favorable: 43%
Unfavorable: 21%
No opinion/undecided: 37%

Hillary Clinton:
Favorable: 47%
Unfavorable: 37%
No opinion/undecided: 16%

Joe Biden:
Favorable: 45%
Unfavorable: 35%
No opinion/undecided: 20%

John Edwards:
Favorable: 48%
Unfavorable: 31%
No opinion/undecided: 21%

Dennis Kucinich:
Favorable: 44%
Unfavorable: 29%
No opinion/undecided: 27%
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #371 on: May 06, 2014, 05:13:28 PM »

New Endorsements for Hillary Clinton

DeltaPlex Arena, Grand Rapids, Michigan

I am proud to endorse Hillary Clinton for President, because not only is she a match for Michigan, She's the one who will break the so-called "glass ceiling" of becoming a major party nominee. She's the one who can, and will win in November, and the women of America are living in the past if they still think she can't.

Cass Technical High School, Detroit, Michigan

Obviously, I wouldn't be endorsing Senator Clinton, if I didn't at least believe she could win the nomination. And when she does so, no matter how well or poorly she does in November, she will be telling the African-American community, that it's possible to break that particular glass ceiling.

Comerica Park, Detroit, Michigan

I saw Rep. Conyers endorsement speech this morning on MSNBC, and I agree with everything he said, but I'd like to add my own two cents. Hillary Clinton if she wins the nomination, as I believe she will, will be a symbol for more than just the women of America. She'll be a symbol for every group in this country that has not had a member of one of the most exclusive fraternities of the world, the Presidency of the United States. African-Americans, Jews, Muslims, Women, Atheists, Mormons, Native Americans, all will watch Hillary, hopeful that her victory will plow the road for one of their own. I believe that what Senator Clinton showed us during the dark days of her husband's crisis, and the brave face she put on, when the state she represented was attacked by terrorists, will allow her to withstand the great pressure to win. I'm endorsing Hillary Clinton, because she represents a more inclusive future, and because she represents steel and fire in dark times.

Raymond, Washington

I thought about endorsing Senator Edwards, but then I realized we have Hillary Clinton, with a lead of a single point, over a Dennis Kucinich, who while doing better than anyone could have possibly imagined, will never win the White House in my home state! From there it basically boiled down to as Governor, would I rather want to deal with Clinton as President, Edwards as President or Kucinich, and the choice became clear. I'm endorsing Hillary Clinton, because she's someone the Governor of Washington, the Governor of Texas, the Governor of Ohio or the Governor of New York can go to with a massive problem, and get a logical answer.

KeyArena, Seattle, Washington

Us Representatives have to get re-elected every two years, no matter what the political climate, and while I'm in good shape, what about those of us like Brian Baird, Martin Frost, Chet Edwards, Ben Chandler, Charlie Stenholm, Harold Ford Jr. and Gene Taylor, who are in much more competitive districts? They, like I, all want to see turnout from our party go up, and there is only one candidate remaining who can do that- Hillary Clinton.  

Morven, Georgia

Look, John Edwards is going to do well here in the primary... but in the General Election, Hillary Clinton's been through the fires of two of them. There's an invaluable experience that one gets as the spouse of a Presidential candidate, that one can use if they wish to run one their own, as Rosalynn Carter told me, back in 1986. I believe Hillary will take her words to heart, use all she learned in 1992, 1996, and her election to the Senate in 2000, and walk away a winner in November.

Perry, Georgia

Hillary Clinton is the candidate we, as Georgians have had since Jimmy Carter. I know that sounds like hyperbole to most of you, but in 1976 Carter ran the campaign of his life and got elected President in the shadow of Watergate. Now, Hillary Clinton, is running the campaign her in the shadow of a President who has ordered a in illegal, and downright stupid invasion into Iraq, and excessive secrecy, paranoia, and the rumored leaking to journalists of a CIA agents identity. John W. Dean Nixon's counsel, is writing a book, where he described the actions the Bush Administration has taken as "Worse than Watergate". And he should know. Just as Jimmy Carter was needed to clean up Nixon's mess, so too do we need a Democrat to clean up Bush's bungling, and I believe that Democrat is Hillary Clinton.

Camak, Georgia

I've been told that I'm "the Georgian Bill Clinton" from people who know us both, so it's only natural for me endorse Hillary's Presidential bid.

Hidden Meadows, California

Having Served as the Secretary of the Army in the Clinton Administration, I know that Hillary Clinton is as capable, if not more so of being commander-in-chief than her husband. I am proud to be the one of the first Clinton Administration officials to endorse the Hillary Campaign.

Acworth, Georgia

I thought about endorsing my former colleague Joe Biden, and if he wins the nomination I certainly won't hesitate to, but I believe Hillary Clinton is in a better position to win Georgia, and to win the Democratic nomination for President, which is why she has earned my endorsement.

Hinesville, Georgia

Like Senator Nunn I thought long and hard about endorsing my former colleague Joe Biden, but I just don't believe he'll win the primary, and I don't believe he can make this state competitive in November. I believe Hillary Clinton can do that.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #372 on: May 06, 2014, 05:53:38 PM »

Are our schedules supposed to stop on 2/8?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #373 on: May 06, 2014, 05:57:25 PM »

Are our schedules supposed to stop on 2/8?
Yes, for this round.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #374 on: May 06, 2014, 06:00:56 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Debate Answers

You must be logged in to read this quote.

The first thing we have to recognize here is that going into Iraq the way we did was a mistake from the very beginning. This is one of the most important reasons why I'm running for President right now. Should I be lucky enough to be in the White House next January, I would begin the process of immediately pulling all of our troops and contractors out of the region as soon as I come into office. I won't wait a year or even longer than that—our boys will be all back home in a span of 90 days because this war has been a massive blunder from the start. Along with that, I will also shut down every military base that we’ve propped up in Iraq, as it’s not this country’s responsibility to be the world police. Now, this isn’t to say that our involvement in Iraq will be totally severed. After our troops are out, I will implement my plan to bring in UN troops to monitor the country’s progress and make sure that they’re on a stable footing after what we’ve done. We’ll work in cooperation with the Iraqi government to rebuild their infrastructure and economy, and we’ll create stronger bonds with Iraq and the rest of the world through our actions. The Iraqi people don't deserve to live in turmoil, and we owe it to them to bring them on a path to prosperity. Instead of bombing them, why not open up communication and work out solutions together? Peace can be achieved if we rethink our foreign policy strategy in Iraq and elsewhere, and that's exactly what you're going to get under a Kucinich administration. The days of warmongering are over.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Immigration is definitely one of the most important issues that this nation faces. Welcoming immigrants to our shores is one of our country's vital traditions, and as the grandson of immigrants from Europe, I realize how this country opens so many opportunities for people all across the world to take care of their loved ones and become successful in their lives. I'm of the opinion that ultimately there are no illegal people. How much of a crime is it for a family to leave their homeland in search of a better one? To me, that's a pretty courageous action, and we shouldn't punish immigrants the way we have in this country. While some may want to build more walls to prevent the flow of people from Mexico, walls only create more hostility between nations. While people may point at illegal immigrants taking low-wage jobs when Americans may have them instead, we shouldn't blame the immigrants—we should be blaming the slave labor system that big business has perpetuated. 

My solution is simple: we should respect human rights and open up our immigration laws so they're more accessible for anyone who wishes to make something better out of themselves here. We should have a comprehensive package of reforms that will create a pathway to citizenship for the illegal immigrants that are already here. In Congress I've co-sponsored a bill that would grant legal status to everyone who has lived here for at least five years. There are obviously always going to be some bad apples in society, but that doesn't describe the overwhelming number of immigrants, legal or illegal. Let's extend an open hand and have a nation tolerant of all people and cultures.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies