2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 01, 2024, 01:53:50 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 155705 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #600 on: May 19, 2014, 04:43:15 PM »

George Allen For President Schedule - February 18th - 24th, 2004

"Under Presidents Republican and Democrat, one thing tragically remains the same: a ballooning deficit and the national debt. We need a comprehensive solution to this issue. I know many Americans on both sides remain concerned about these issues, and as President, I will introduce a plan that finally does something about this, by reducing the scope of entitlement costs and reducing spending on the domestic front. If we can make some serious changes, we can start making serious reductions to the national debt within the decade."

February 18th, 2004:
Meet and Greet in Preston, Minnesota with John Engler and Tommy Thompson
Town Hall in Rochester, Minnesota with John Engler and Tommy Thompson
Town Hall in Farbault, Minnesota with John Engler and Tommy Thompson
Meet and Greet in Bloomington, Minnesota with John Engler and Tommy Thompson
Barnstorming in Minneapolis, Minnesota with John Engler and Tommy Thompson
Fundraiser in Minneapolis, Minnesota with John Engler and Tommy Thompson

After months of anticipation, Senators George Allen and Rick Santorum put out a minimum wage bill as a negotiation to Senator Biden's proposal.

The Allen-Santorum Minimum Wage Bill
- Raises the Minimum Wage to $6.25 from $5.15
- Grants exceptions for businesses earning under $1,000,000
- Isn't fixed to inflation
- Allows companies options for tipped employee exceptions
- Allows for exceptions to certain Federal Labor Laws for minimum wage employees

February 19th, 2004:
Barnstorming in Toledo, Ohio with John Engler, John Snow, and Rick Santorum
Town Hall in Defiance, Ohio with John Engler, John Snow, and Rick Santorum
Meet and Greet in Fort Wayne, Ohio with John Engler, John Snow, and Rick Santorum
Town Hall in Lima, Ohio with John Engler, John Snow, and Rick Santorum
Barnstorming in Dayton, Ohio with John Engler, John Snow, and Rick Santorum
Meeting with Ohio Republican Party in Dayton, Ohio with John Engler, John Snow, and Rick Santorum

"Every day, working Americans can not be ignored. Ohioans look at the race for President and they see two people: they see someone who doesn't represent their values, and someone who does. I believe in the right to bear arms, the right to life, and traditional marriage. Rudy Giuliani believes the constitution says that people can't have guns unless they are part of a militia. I think that's an absurd interpretation, and one that is on the fringes."

February 20th, 2004:
Barnstorming in Salt Lake City, Utah with Jon Kyl and Bob Bennett
Meeting with Utah Republican Party in Salt Lake City, Utah with Jon Kyl and Bob Bennett
Meet and Greet in Heber City, Utah with Jon Kyl and Bob Bennett
Meet and Greet in Provo, Utah with Jon Kyl and Bob Bennett
Town Hall in Gunnison, Utah with Jon Kyl and Bob Bennett
Utah Talk Radio Show/Media Appearances

Excerpts from George Allen's appearance on a Utah Talk Radio Show

"Look I agree completely: Jon Huntsman can not and should not be the nominee for Governor. Olene Walker does a fine job as is. I mean, look, Utah's job growth numbers are a model for the nation: we have to seriously grow our economy, and when we do, all else follows, and the best way to do that is cutting taxes. Even Keynesian economics says that tax cuts grow the economy."

"The reason my tax cuts don't cut the deficit is for a couple of reasons: first, we go through the deductions, and eliminate them. We don't just do it for the poor, we do it for the wealthy too. We need a clear cut code so that tax lawyers aren't the only ones benefiting from our tax code. So we'll get those revenue increases from that, and along with that, my plan accounts for growth that will be caused by the cuts, and those cuts will add 6 million to the work force over the next ten years."

February 21st, 2004:
Barnstorming in Idaho Falls, Idaho with Mike Crapo and Jon Kyl
Town Hall in Blackfoot, Idaho with Mike Crapo and Jon Kyl
Meet and Greet in Rupert, Idaho with Mike Crapo and Jon Kyl
Barnstorming in Pocatello, Idaho with Mike Crapo and Jon Kyl
Town Hall in Burley, Idaho with Mike Crapo and Jon Kyl
Meet and Greet in Hailey, Idaho with Mike Crapo and Jon Kyl

"The motto of the Giuliani machine is 'oh, George Allen can't win' 'oh, we're the only ticket that has the ability to win', and I look at those people and I just laugh. I mean, look at George H.W. Bush, running without conservative support, lost his re-election bid by a very large electoral margin. Look at George W. Bush, running as a compassionate conservative, and he upsets Incumbent Vice President Al Gore for the victory. I can't imagine Giuliani running well without families who believe in traditional values turning out for him. I am the best candidate for this race because I believe in what they believe in, and I am not willing to compromise that."

February 22nd, 2004:
Town Hall in Red Bluff, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Meet and Greet in Yuba City, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Barnstorming in Sacramento, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Town Hall in Fairfield, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Barnstorming in Oakland, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Fundraiser in San Francisco, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa

February 23rd, 2004:
Barnstorming in Santa Cruz, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Town Hall in Colalinga, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Barnstorming in Santa Maria, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Barnstorming in Santa Barbara, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Town Hall in Glendale, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa
Barnstorming in Los Angelos, California with Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa

"The great Dan Lungren and Darrell Issa are with me today, and they will also answer questions. They are great public servants of the state of California, and they do great for this country! They know, like the great Ronald Reagan, that you don't have to compromise your point of view to get elected. We need a market-based healthcare solution, and that's why I am here to say that the Government should get their hands off our healthcare!"

February 24th, 2004:
See GOTV Schedule
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #601 on: May 19, 2014, 05:01:55 PM »

Giuliani GOTV Strategy (Feb. 18th-24th)

The GOTV strategy for the Giuliani Campaign focused primarily not on getting people to the polls, but preparing them for Super Tuesday (except in Hawaii). The IAFF held massive voter registration rallies in California, Minnesota, Ohio, Massachusetts, and Maryland. The IAFF also used funds to distribute campaign literature to homes in California, Minnesota, and Ohio. Local IAFF members spent time canvasing neighborhoods in Honolulu, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, St. Paul, Minneapolis, St. Cloud, Akron, Columbus, and Cincinnati to remind people to vote, register them if they were not all ready registered, and hand out "Giuliani 2004" posters and flyers. Governor Schwarzenegger and Governor Wilson use their existing campaign structures to aid the IAFF in this effort, as well as co-ordinate between the IAFF and the Giuliani campaign.

The Giuliani Campaign used the existing campaign structures and mailing lists of Senators Mike DeWine (OH), George Voinovich (OH), Norm Coleman (MN)  and Governors Arnold Schwarzenegger (CA), Linda Lingle (HI), and Tim Pawlenty (MN) to provide information for phone-banks, mailing campaign literature, and canvasing neighborhoods. The resources of former Presidents Gerald Ford and George H.W. Bush were put to extensive use in finding donors and winning over the establishment.

As always, the Giuliani Campaign focused on big cities for its GOTV efforts. Large amounts of funds were used to prepare college students to get out and vote. Vans and cars were rented out in large cities so that the campaign or IAFF can transport college students, the elderly, or others who would not be able to make it to polls, to the ballot box on Super Tuesday. Special care was given to prepare to bring older Hawaiians to the polls on February 24th. Governor Lingle led the campaign's GOTV effort in Hawaii.

Minimal resources were spent in Idaho and Utah.

Statement from the Giuliani Campaign

Mayor Giuliani would like to thank all those in Wisconsin who helped with the recount of the Republican Primary. The results of the recount showed the race was actually much closer than originally called and puts the Mayor in a much better standing going into Hawaii and Super Tuesday. 5 votes is not enough to claim victory for either candidate and the campaign feels that it should be treated as a tie by both campaigns, voters, and the Party. Mayor Giuliani would also like to propose, to the Republican National Committee, a reform for the 2008 Primary elections: Anytime the margin of victory is less than 1% of the total votes cast in any given contest, the delegates be split evenly between the top two finishers in that contest. The Mayor feels that this reform, or one similar to it, will help ensure that the voices of voting Americans is heard fairly.

The Mayor would also like to announce that his is working on a minimum wage bill, to be released on March 5th, 2004, in conjuncture with Senators Voinovich, DeWine, Hutchison, and Coleman, as well as Speaker Hastert. The bill will be comprehensive and hopefully be appealing to members of both parties.

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #602 on: May 19, 2014, 05:36:41 PM »

George Allen Ad: The National Debt

"The National Debt under both Republican and Democratic presidents has increased dramatically. We can not afford to put more debt on our children and our childrens children. I have a plan that will cut the size of Government, reform our tax code, and force Government to be more efficient and effective. We have to face the simple fact that spending at these levels is unsustainable.

I'm George Allen, I'm running for President, and I approve this message, because we need leadership in Washington."

George Allen Ad: Common Sense Policies

"My major opponent fights against the right to bear arms, saying that only citizen militia's may wield guns. That kind of positioning puts him completely opposed to most common sense voters. I'm a common sense conservative. While some will stand against any sort of government intervention, I stood with Senator Santorum and introduced a common sense minimum wage increase that balances the needs of workers and businesses. Unlike the democrats in Washington, I stood with the Republican Party, and introduced a balanced budget amendment, so that we don't shackle our futures with more debt.

I'm George Allen, I'm running for President, and I approve this message, because we need a leader in Washington with a little bit of common sense."

Where both ads will be airing:

DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #603 on: May 19, 2014, 05:55:04 PM »

Giuliani Campaign Ad, Running in the Following States:

American Dream
The American Dream. A nice house, a successful job, a husband and wife, children, and a dog. Two cars in the garage, a refrigerator full of food, money in the bank. These are the goals that Americans have worked towards for decades and yet, as of recent, fewer Americans have been able to succeed. Jobs have become scarce, incomes have fallen, and prices have risen. Presidents Ronald Reagan and George H.W. Bush understood how to make the American Dream more attainable. Lower taxes, loosen regulations on business, support success. Many members of the Reagan Administration and President Bush himself have backed Mayor Giuliani because they believe that he can make the American Dream available to all Americans. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani.

Giuliani Campaign Ad, Running in the Following States:

Making Government Work For the People
The American Government is a huge, sluggish, ineffective behemoth. It takes years or decades for our veterans to get their benefits and appropriate medical care. Hundreds of thousands of Americans face unemployment because of ridiculous regulations on businesses. Millions of dollars in investments are forced to avoid the United States because of unfair taxes. People no longer look to America as a leader in business or a place to raise a family. Rudy Giuliani will cut back the red-tape of the Federal Government, empower the States, and make America a friendly place for business, families, and education. Paid for by the Committee to Elect Rudy Giuliani
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #604 on: May 19, 2014, 06:10:10 PM »

Edwards Campaign Announces Major Backers in Georgia

General Wesley Clark of Arkansas
I'm a registered independent who voted for Ronald Reagan, but it's time to publicly announce my support in the Democratic race - and it's for John Edwards. I'm a Democrat because I'm pro-education, pro-health care, and because the Democratic Party is the one standing up for a fair shot for ordinary men and women. The one in the race who best embodies those values is John Edwards - he stands up for ordinary folks because he is one. And I trust that, even in areas like foreign policy where his opponents are attacking him, that he'll assemble a strong team and always act in the best interest of the American people.

Governor Roy Barnes of Georgia
I ran on fixing health care and fixing education when I ran for Governor. That's still what I care about - and that's what John Edwards stands for. But it's more than that: my first act as Governor was to ban lobbyist gifts to my executive branch employees. The candidate in this race taking the hardest line on corruption and lobbyist influences is John Edwards, and I'm proud to offer him my support - and I'm certain the State of Georgia will as well.

Representative Jim Marshall of Georgia
I'm supporting John Edwards because I've always tried to represent my constituents in rural Georgia, and John's the one talking about the issues that matter to them, to rural communities and to hardworking Americans. I have faith that John's the candidate who'll do right by America's farms.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #605 on: May 19, 2014, 06:15:33 PM »

Don Rumsefled will be posting a schedule.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #606 on: May 19, 2014, 06:18:39 PM »

Ok!
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #607 on: May 19, 2014, 06:21:12 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2014, 08:08:41 PM by NHI »

Edwards: Still Alive?

John Edwards is fighting his way back to the top. The one time frontrunner and winner of the Iowa Caucuses seems to be breathing new life into his sagging  campaign after a few weeks of at best fair performances in the primary. He's unveiled a trio of supporters including General Wesley Clark and Governor of Georgia Roy Barnes. Edwards looks to be relaunching his campaign ahead of Super Tuesday, where if he can perform better than expected he might be able to turn his campaign around. Only a few short months ago he was leading Senator Hillary Clinton in the race for the Democratic nomination. Now the race has largely turned into a fight between Clinton and Senator Joe Biden. Edwards' sees Super Tuesday as the best chance of relaunching his campaign and taking on Clinton.

Current polls have him either in third or fourth place in the Super Tuesday contests. As of now he is only competitive in Georgia where he currently trails Senator Clinton by two points. (29 percent to 27 percent).
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #608 on: May 19, 2014, 06:42:23 PM »

Allen Campaign Statement: Wisconsin

Regarding the closeness of the results in Wisconsin, we believe Democracy requires fairness, and we think it was fair for the campaign to call for a recount on the incredibly close results following the Wisconsin Primary. However, after the recount still found our campaign ahead, we can go ahead and call this a victory for the Allen campaign. No matter how close an election is, every election has a winner. Allen won this contest, fair and square.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #609 on: May 19, 2014, 06:50:46 PM »

The Second Coming of Edwards

"I believe John Edwards is still dark horse in this race. He certainly stumble after the health care and lost the momentum he was building, but it's not over yet. The Democratic race has been very fluid, just when you think it's going to go one way, another candidate pops up. No one has sealed the deal and I think even after Super Tuesday we not yet have a clear winner." -- Donna Brazile

"John Edwards is trying to rebirth his campaign and he might succeed in doing it, because the Democrats have not settled on a candidate yet. Republicans are split between Giuliani and Allen, but that race I think will wind down after Super Tuesday, because it's going to be who has the lead and momentum in delegates. On the Democratic side it could be a draw and that seems to be the discussion of the whole primary race this year. The Democrats have yet to fall in love with a candidate. They flirt with Clinton, they like her, they understand the historic nature of her potential candidacy, but she has not closed the deal with the Democrats. They flirt with Biden, Edwards, even Kucinich. I think it's also interesting, even though this has been a packed contest, with four candidates, even in recent weeks no candidate the candidates are barely able to cross the 30 percent hurdle nationally. In these contests there has hardly been a clear winner."
Super Tuesday Polling:

California:
Democrats: Tossup

Hillary Clinton: 28%
Joe Biden: 26%
John Edwards: 21%
Dennis Kucinich: 18%

Republicans: Solid Giuliani
Rudy Giuliani: 45%
George Allen: 35%
Gary Johnson: 13%

Connecticut:
Democrats: Lean Clinton

Hillary Clinton: 30%
Joe Biden: 24%
John Edwards: 19%
Dennis Kucinich: 14%

Rudy Giuliani: 50%
George Allen: 29%
Gary Johnson: 15%

Georgia:

Hillary Clinton: 29%
John Edwards: 28%
Joe Biden: 21%
Dennis Kucinich: 14%

Republicans: Solid Allen
George Allen: 46%
Rudy Giuliani: 30%
Gary Johnson: 15%

Maryland:

Joe Biden: 28%
Hillary Clinton: 26%
Dennis Kucinich: 21%
John Edwards: 18%

Republicans: Tossup
Rudy Giuliani: 40%
George Allen: 40%
Gary Johnson: 16%

Massachusetts
Democrats: Lean Biden

Joe Biden: 30%
Hillary Clinton: 27%
John Edwards: 18%
Dennis Kucinich: 16%

Rudy Giuliani: 53%
George Allen: 24%
Gary Johnson: 16%

Minnesota:
Democrats: Lean Clinton

Hillary Clinton: 30%
Joe Biden: 25%
Dennis Kucinich: 22%
John Edwards: 20%

George Allen: 34%
Rudy Giuliani: 34%
Gary Johnson: 23%

New York:
Democrats: Solid Clinton

Hillary Clinton: 70%
Joe Biden: 9%
John Edwards: 8%
Dennis Kucinich: 7%

Rudy Giuliani: 73%
George Allen: 14%
Gary Johnson: 7%

Ohio:

Hillary Clinton: 24%
Joe Biden: 23%
Dennis Kucinich: 23%
John Edwards: 21%

George Allen: 36%
Rudy Giuliani: 36%
Gary Johnson: 20%

Rhode Island:

Hillary Clinton: 26%
Dennis Kucinich: 22%
John Edwards: 22%

Rudy Giuliani: 52%
George Allen: 28%
Gary Johnson: 13%

Vermont:

Dennis Kucinich: 26%
Hillary Clinton: 24%

Rudy Giuliani: 55%
George Allen: 24%
Gary Johnson: 12%

National Polling: Democrats (Clinton +2)
Hillary Clinton: 27%
Joe Biden: 25%
Dennis Kucinich: 21%
Undecided: 7%

National Polling: Republicans (Giuliani +1)
Rudy Giuliani: 39%
George Allen: 38%
Gary Johnson: 18%
Undecided: 5%
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #610 on: May 19, 2014, 06:52:51 PM »

Coming Forward there will be in-depth profiles on all the remaining the candidates. If there is anything you'd like mentioned please PM. The profiles will be talking about your stance on issues and an offer an analysis of how the campaigns have been run thus far.

Best,
NHI
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #611 on: May 19, 2014, 06:58:07 PM »

Can there also be a debate after the Idaho, Utah, and Hawaii primaries?
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #612 on: May 19, 2014, 07:06:50 PM »

Excerpt from Face The Nation Interview (2/22/04)

Q: Why are you running for President?
A: I'm running for President because I love this nation. I love the people of this nation. I want to make America the most attractive place to live, to start a business, to grow a family. I believe that America is the strongest, smartest, and most advanced nation on the face of the Earth. We can make the 21st Century an American Century if we invest in our youth, and their education, and we provide them with the best opportunities. I think that I can provide that, better than any other candidate, as President.

Q: You say you want the 21st Century to be an American Century. What do you mean by that?
A: I mean that I want the 21st Century to be dominated by America. American technology, American military advancements, American education, American growth. I want my grandchildren to look back on the 2000s as the American Century, the time when America was the global super-power that crafted world events.

Q: You're campaign ordered a recount in the Wisconsin Primary. You still lost, by a mere 5 votes. How do you feel about Wisconsin, and the campaign going forward?
A: I don't believe I lost Wisconsin. With a difference of 5 votes, in a state with over 5 million citizens, there was no winner. Senator Allen and I, for all serious purposes, tied in the Badger state. Going forward, I think we have a lot of momentum with us. We're leading in most Super Tuesday states, and the toss-ups look like they're within reach. I can see us winning 8 or 9 states.

Q: How do you feel, if you are the nominee, going into the general election?
A: I feel very good about the general election. I've held a lead of all the Democratic nominees through the entire race, although Senator Clinton is making some ground. No other Republican is doing as well as I am against Clinton, that should be the reason to vote for me - I can win no matter who the Democrats put up. I think that the length of our primary is hurting the Party's odds of winning in November. If the race goes on much longer after Super Tuesday we're doing nothing but hurting ourselves as a Party.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #613 on: May 19, 2014, 07:11:59 PM »

Can there also be a debate after the Idaho, Utah, and Hawaii primaries?
Yes, absolutely. I was thinking we needed another one.
Senator Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #614 on: May 19, 2014, 07:24:45 PM »

Kucinich Endorsements

Hugh Carey: As Governor of New York, I always sought to help improve the lives of my fellow New Yorkers, and I don't think I've been perfect but any means, but we accomplished a lot. We cut taxes, strengthened the environment, and offered more help for the mentally ill. In Dennis Kucinich I see the same sort of dedication to taking care of his fellow countrymen, and I have enough confidence in his ability to make real changes happen that I will publicly endorse him, and I hope that New York will follow suit in voting for him on Super Tuesday.

February 18-24: Fundraisers and strengthening campaign infrastructure in New York

Wendell Anderson: Congressman Kucinich has proved to me that he has what it takes to put this country in a new, positive direction, away from the divisiveness of the Republicans in office right now. We can tackle issues like taxation, education, and poverty, like I did in Minnesota, and come together to usher in real reforms to our system. He is definitely the best choice for the Democrats as our nominee if we want to move forward.

February 18-24: Contacting local Democrats for support in Minnesota

Matt Gonzalez: Although I'm a member of the Green Party, that's no reason for me to not have my full and enthusiastic support for a Democrat like Dennis Kucinich. For anyone concerned about big business's influence, our unhealthy environment, American imperialism overseas, or destructive "free" trade, he has shown to blow away everyone else on all of these issues and many more. Leftists of all stripes should not hesitate to come behind the one candidate who truly cares about the people.

February 18-24: Coordinating with grassroots in California
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #615 on: May 19, 2014, 07:27:17 PM »

Rumsfeldmania!
On the trail for George Allen!

"What a race, ladies and gentlemen! This has been truly a fantastic showdown between our three candidates, but with Super Tuesday approaching it's time we end this, once and for all. Senator Allen is the man with strong convictions and strong leadership that we need as our candidate, and make no mistake: I'll do everything I can to help him win this election. For all the talk of electability, it has become clear that the Democrats are too busy bickering among themselves and talking nonsense to actually win this election, and the polling shows that Senator Allen can and will win this election. Hear my words, Republicans, and vote Allen on Super Tuesday!"

February 18-19th:
-Minnesota Tour:
 -Tour of Minneapolis and St. Paul:
  -Meet with Allen volunteers and supporters across the two cities.
  -Focus the appearances on reliably Republican areas and conservative voters.
 -Barnstorm Tour:
  -Campaign Visit to Rochester, MN.
  -Campaign Visit to Duluth, MN.
  -Campaign Visit to Bloomington, MN.
  -Campaign Visit to Plymouth, MN.

February 20-21th:
-Maryland Tour:
 -Town Hall Tour:
  -Town Hall in Dundalk, MD.
  -Town Hall in Rockville, MD.
  -Town Hall in Frederick, MD.
  -Town Hall in Germantown, MD.
 -Barnstorming Columbia and Silver Spring, MD.
 -Rallies in Baltimore, MD.

February 22-24th:
-Ohio Tour:
 -Tour of Columbus:
  -Coordinating efforts, visiting strongholds, touring the main parts of the city.
 -Barnstorm Tour:
  -Campaign Visit to Toledo, OH.
  -Campaign Visit to Akron, OH.
  -Campaign Visit to Dayton, OH.
  -Campaign Visit to Canton, OH.
 -Rallies in Columbia and Cincinnati, OH.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #616 on: May 19, 2014, 08:52:00 PM »
« Edited: May 19, 2014, 08:54:27 PM by Senator Meiji (D-NC) »

John Edwards Campaign: February 18-24th

Polls are finally looking up, and the media's taking notice! We're fighting back, and it's been a tough road, but we're competing with the big dogs. I'm confident that we can turn this campaign around, with good performances on the 20th, and I'm certain we can win Georgia on Super Tuesday - and maybe pick off a few other states as well.

February 18th: Hawaii
Flight to Honolulu
Meet and greet in Honolulu
Town hall in Honolulu
Flight back

February 19th: Idaho
Meet and greet in Moscow, Idaho
Town hall in Nampa, Idaho
Town hall in Meridian, Idaho
Rally in Boise, Idaho with Wesley Clark and Bob Graham
Town hall in Pocatello, Idaho

February 20: Utah
Meet and greet in Logan, Utah
Town hall in Ogden, Utah
Rally in Salt Lake City, Utah with Wesley Clark and Bob Graham
Rally in Provo, Utah with Wesley Clark and Bob Graham
Meet and greet in Cedar City, Utah

February 21th: Upstate Maryland (1/4)
Meet and greet in Frostburg, Maryland
Town hall in Frederick, Maryland
Meet and greet in Emmitsburg, Maryland

Good to be here in Allegany County, heart of Maryland's coal industry - I know that's what a lot of you are wondering about my campaign, since I haven't talked a lot about my energy policy, and certainly - I can tell some of y'all are suspicious, of the guy from North Carolina showing up here with allies like Al Gore to ask for your vote. Well, I'll put it plainly: I support coal. But more importantly, I can recognize reality: we rely on coal for more than half of this county's electricity, and as somebody who's trying to be someone trying to get more than half of this country's votes, I can tell you that's a lot. I also support renewable energy, but more importantly, I support finding new ways to use coal to power America. There's a lot of exciting research in the field of carbon capture and storage, and that's carbon that can be safely stored underground. So we don't need to get rid of coal, we just need to change how we use it. That doesn't mean stop producing it - if anything, start mining more! If there's one thing I can assure y'all, it's that the Edwards Administration will be anything but an enemy of coal.

February 22th: Baltimore (2/4)
Meet and greet in Stevenson, Maryland
Town hall in Towson, Maryland
Rally in Baltimore, Maryland with Al Gore and Dick Gephardt

It's great to be here with some of the smartest, most innovative small business owners in America. Innovation has always been something America has led the world in - from the assembly line to the space race, we were always at the front. The problem is, other countries have caught on, and started investing in education and infrastructure at a time when we're falling behind. We're 18th in science education, and yet we've seen a 30 year decline in science research funding. We developed the internet, and yet we're 24th in broadband access. A kid in Japan can get internet that's 33 times faster than ours at 1/20th of the price. And above it all, we've seen, on climate change, on air pollution, on research, the most anti-science administration in history. That's something that has to change.

As President, I'll make the research and experimentation tax credit permanent, modernize our patent laws, and increase spending on the National Science Foundation and National Institutes of Health. We need to encourage American innovation in order to maintain America's global status. I'll also invest more in teacher pay and training, to get good teachers - especially in science - in the places we need them most. My college plan, as I've revealed previously, would help guarantee that every student gets the chance to go to college and build on our past successes. I'll also set a national broadband policy, to make the Internet more affordable and accessible to all Americans. A national broadband map will help identify gaps in price and availability, and public-private partnerships can then work to promote deployment. Finally, I will demonstrate my commitment to science personally within my administration. I'll make sure that politics don't drive science, but that science drives politics. I'll eliminate political litmus tests for scientists, prohibit political appointees from overriding scientific findings, and restore the role of the White House Office of Science and Technology. The Edwards Administration stands for American innovation.

February 23th: DC burbs (3/4)
Meet and greet in Laurel, Maryland
Town hall in Bowie, Maryland
Meet and greet in Adelphi, Maryland
Meet and greet in College Park, Maryland

Senator, what is your energy policy?
Thank you. I believe in new energy technology - clean tech is one of the hottest new areas for venture capital. I want to invest in wind, solar, and biofuels, develop new efficient cars and trucks, and put new energy-saving technologies in place. That'll help create new jobs, new markets, and a wave of productivity gains to benefit the entire economy.

Senator, how will you lower health care costs?
I've seen firsthand the burden health care costs are putting on our businesses. I've previously presented a plan to guarantee universal health care for all Americans, but some points to specifically address your question: I'll help expand preventive and chronic care, information technology, and research. These steps, when combined with my universal health care plan, will help save the average family $2000 to $2500 a year, and overall eliminate at least $130 billion in annual wasteful spending.

February 24th: Eastern Shore (4/4)
Meet and greet in Salisbury, Maryland
Meet and greet in Princess Anne, Maryland
Flight to Georgia

Senator, what will you do to help the black community?
As someone who grew up in the segregated South, I feel a responsibility on the issue of race, which is why my platform universally promotes equality of opportunity. My plan to provide universal health care, for instance - one out of five black families doesn't have health insurance. The racial and ethnic disparities in health care are truly despicable. Our schools are even more unequal - states spend $900 less per student in minority districts. I'll work to reform our schools and make college more affordable to address that disparity. Black kids are 35% less likely to have a computer and internet than white kids, which my national broadband policy will help remedy. Our prison laws also have had a disproportionate impact on the black community, which is why I'll reform sentencing rules and limit mandatory minimum sentences. I'll work to target predatory lenders that have targeted black homeowners and contributed to this group having the lowest homeownership rate in the country. I'll restore the right to vote in all federal elections to ex-offenders who have served their sentences, and I oppose voter photo ID laws, both of which disproportionately disenfranchise minorities. And, as y'all know, I've promised to end poverty within a generation, lifting all Americans out of poverty and granting them a stable future, which is my promise to the black community: a stable future.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #617 on: May 20, 2014, 12:30:11 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2014, 03:28:53 AM by badgate »

Biden Surrogates

Sen. Olympia Snowe (R-ME)
-Feb. 18-23: Rhode Island - Barnstorming in Rhode Island
-Feb. 24: D.C. Working at Senate office

Sen. Ted Kennedy (D-MA)
-Feb. 18: Massachusetts - Working at Massachusetts Senate office
-Feb. 19-24: Rhode Island - Barnstorming in Rhode Island

Sen. Mark Warner (D-VA)
-Feb. 18: D.C. - Working at Senate office
-Feb. 19: Virginia - Working at Virginia Senate office
-Feb. 20-24: Georgia - Barnstorming in Georgia

Sen. Maria Cantwell (D-WA)
-Feb. 18-24: Idaho - Barnstorming in Idaho

Sen. Mark Dayton (D-MN)
-Feb. 18-23: Minnesota - Barnstorming in Minnesota
-Feb. 24: Minnesota - Working at Minnesota Senate office

Sen. Arlen Specter (R-PA)
-Feb. 18-24: Ohio - Barnstorming in Ohio

Former Gov. Jerry Brown (D-CA)
[/b]Feb. 18-19: California - see Biden's schedule
Feb. 20-24: Utah - Barnstorming and GOTV in Salt Lake City

Gov. Jim Doyle (D-WI)
-Feb. 18-19: Wisconsin - Working
-Feb. 20-24: Minnesota - Barnstorming in Minnesota

Rep. Ben Chandler (D-KY)
-Feb. 18-24: Ohio - Barnstorming in Ohio (not including votes in the House)

Sen. Jay Rockefeller (D-WV)
-Feb. 18-24: Ohio - Barnstorming in Ohio (not including votes in the Senate)

Sen. Max Baucus (D-MT)
-Feb. 18-20: Idaho - Barnstorming and GOTV in Idaho
-Feb. 21-24: Utah - Barnstorming and GOTV in Utah

Sen. Herb Kohl (D-WI)
-Feb. 18-24: Ohio - Barnstorming in Ohio (not including votes in the Senate)

Rep. Tammy Baldwin (D-WI)
-Feb. 18-24: California - Barnstorming in California (not including votes in the House)

Rep. Ron Kind (D-WI)
-Feb. 18-24: Minnesota - Barnstorming in Minnesota (not including votes in the House)

Rep. Betty McCollum (D-MN)
-Feb. 18-24: Minnesota - Barnstorming in MN-4 (not including votes in the House)

Rep. Martin Olav Sabo (D-MN)
-Feb. 18-24: Minnesota - Barnstorming in MN-5 (not including votes in the House)

Sen. Jack Reed (D-RI)
-Feb. 18-24: Rhode Island - Barnstorming in Rhode Island (not including votes in the Senate)

Rep. Patrick Kennedy (D-RI)
-Feb. 18-24: Rhode Island - Barnstorming in RI-1 (not including votes in the House)

Rep. Jim Langevin (D-RI)
-Feb. 18-24: Rhode Island - Barnstorming in RI-2 (not including votes in the House)

Rep. Barbara Lee (D-CA
-Feb. 18: California - see Biden's schedule
-Feb. 19-24: California - Barnstorming in CA-9 (not including votes in the House)

Rep. Henry Waxman (D-CA)
-Feb. 18: D.C. - Working at D.C. office
-Feb. 19: California - see Biden's schedule
-Feb. 20-24: California - Barnstorming in CA-30 (not including votes in the House)

Mayor James Hahn (D - Los Angeles)
-Feb. 18: Los Angeles - Working at city hall
-Feb. 19: Los Angeles - see Biden's schedule
-Feb. 20-24: Los Angeles - Barnstorming in Los Angeles
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #618 on: May 20, 2014, 12:38:50 AM »

TV Ad: Raise The Wage

MALE FACTORY WORKER: An honest day's work.
WOMAN IN OFFICE: If it's 9 to 5.
30-YEAR OLD CASHIER: Or 2 to 10.
MALE FACTORY WORKER: It deserves an honest day's pay. That's why Joe Biden is going to raise the minimum wage. In the Senate, Joe Biden made our neighborhoods safer with the Biden Crime Law.
WOMAN IN OFFICE: He wrote the Violence Against Women Act, and made sure it was signed into law.
FEMALE COLLEGE STUDENT: He passed restrictions that stopped the spread of date rape drugs.
MALE FACTORY WORKER: So of all the candidates asking for our vote, we know we can count on Joe-
WOMAN IN OFFICE: - to raise the wage.
30-YEAR OLD CASHIER: -  to raise the wage.
MALE FACTORY WORKER: -  to raise the wage.

LOGO: [Biden for President] I'm Joe Biden, and I approve this message.

TV Ad: Joe's Green Thumb

WOMAN: Protection of the environment is a key issue to Senator Joe Biden. Above all other Democratic candidates Joe's got a green thumb for clean energy and clean air. In the Senate he has been a leader in the cause, and is the only candidate that the League of Conservation Voters has held a fundraiser in support. When Senator Biden visited us here in Washington, he was the only candidate to visit our national parks and nature preserves.

JOE BIDEN: If our promise to our children is a quality education, we must also leave them a quality Earth to inhabit. As President I'll fight for stricter punishments to force oil manufacturers to make oil spills extremely rare. I'll never sleep if there's extreme and dangerous weather occurring throughout the country. And I'll fight. For you. I'm Joe Biden, and I approve this message.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #619 on: May 20, 2014, 02:36:19 AM »
« Edited: May 20, 2014, 03:10:49 AM by badgate »

Biden Campaign Schedule

February 18, 2004 Idaho & California
-9:00am - Town Hall in Idaho Falls w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Jim Matheson
-11:00am - Town Hall in Pocatello w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Jim Matheson
-3:45pm - Rally in Oakland w/ Rep. Lee & Gov. Brown, Rep. Barbara Lee and Gov. Jerry Brown endorse Biden for President
-5:10pm - Rally in Berkeley w/ Rep. Lee & Gov. Brown, Rep. Barbara Lee and Gov. Jerry Brown endorse Biden for President
-6:00pm - Student Forum at University of California: Berkeley w/ Rep. Lee

Excerpts from Student Forum at UC Berkeley

QUESTION (from student): What are you going to do about Iraq?

BIDEN: I don't plan to prop up another dictator. The Bush administration did severe damage here, and any solution will require long-term thinking. That is just the reality of where we are in Iraq and what we need to take in stock while setting the path forward. What I will do, is encourage our friendly nations to trade with Iraq and help arm the national guard that American soldiers already on tours of duty will train. My administration will set a timetable and work with the UN to hold elections for a constitutional convention in Geneva, followed by parliamentary elections. Once the parliament is in place it will ratify the constitution and elect a Prime Minister. We will need to continue with the current number of soldiers to ensure national stability until the national guard is prepared to take over.

QUESTION (from teacher): You've been talking a lot about raising the minimum wage, but the bill you introduced to the Senate does not address the pay of food service waiters. Where do you stand on their pay?

BIDEN: It's no question that too much of their pay comes from tips, an unreliable source by any measure. If we could find a way for these employees to report their tips, we could also require restaurants to pay the difference to ensure that every table served is a 20% tip. I do support raising the hourly wage for these workers, because we know from previous raises that well-paid workers is money well spent. We know it engages employees and commits them to work harder, driving profits for their employer, and the extra money in their pocket drives up consumer spending, and, in turn, job hiring. That's the cycle of prosperity we've been talking about with this bill and will fight for in the White House until we get it done.

-7:45pm - Rally in Alameda, w/ Rep. Lee & Gov. Brown, Rep. Barbara Lee and Gov. Jerry Brown endorse Biden for President
-9:00pm - Fundraiser in Berkeley w/ Rep. Lee, Sen. Cantwell, Gov. Brown, Rep. Waxman, Alan Blinken, & Rep. Matheson

(local affiliates invited to all stops)

February 19, 2004 California & Hawaii
-9:00am - Press Conference outside Los Angeles City Hall, w/ Mayor Hahn. Mayor James Hahn endorses Biden for President
-10:00am - Meet & Greet with campaign volunteers & California Field Officers in Los Angeles
-11:00am - Rally in Los Angeles with Mayor Hahn, Gov. Brown, and Rep. Waxman. Mayor James Hahn, Governor Jerry Brown, and Rep. Henry Waxman endorse Biden for President
-12:00pm - Town Hall in Los Angeles w/ Rep. Waxman & Mayor Hahn
-1:00-6:40pm - Fly from Los Angeles to Honolulu
-7:00pm - Rally in Honolulu with Sen. Inouye, Sen. Daniel Inouye endorses Biden for President
-9:00pm - Rally in Kahului with Sen. Inouye, Sen. Daniel Inouye endorses Biden for President

February 20, 2004 Hawaii "Hawaiian for Biden" Tour!
-8:45am - Meet & Greet with volunteers in Hilo
-9:00am - Rally in Hilo w/ Sen. Inouye
-9:30am - Town Hall in Hilo w/ Sen. Inouye
-11:00am - Town Hall in Kailua-Kona w/ Sen. Inouye
-12:45pm - Barnstorm in Kahului w/ Sen. Inouye
-2:15pm - Town Hall in Lahaina w/ Sen. Inouye
-3:45pm - Town Hall in Kaneohe w/ Sen. Inouye
-4:15pm - Rally in Kaneohe w/ Sen. Inouye
-5:15pm - Town Hall in Pearl City w/ Sen. Inouye
-6:00pm - Town Hall in Waipahu w/ Sen. Inouye
-7:00pm - Town Hall in Mililani w/ Sen. Inouye
-8:15pm - Town Hall in Wahiawā w/ Sen. Inouye
-9:00pm - Satellite appearance on Real Time with Bill Maher on HBO

Excerpts from Real Time with Bill Maher

MAHER: Now Senator George Allen, did you see this? George Allen, he's going out and waving signs that say "Get your hands off my healthcare."

BIDEN: You know Bill, that mindset, it doesn't surprise me at all. It's a direct result of the broken system we currently have in regards to healthcare in this country. Millions of hardworking American families know, if they get sick, or have an accident, they could lose their health plan like that. *snap* Our current healthcare system is so down on the consumer, charging people more for having a diagnosis before buying a plan, for instance. Most consumers understand how fragile their standing with their healthcare provider can be, and so most people have found their little niche of the market with the plan that they can work with. And the idea of suddenly coming in and changing the whole system, that's scary. So, Senator Allen, he's wrong about a lot of things and right about a lot of other things. I think he might still be wrong on this. But it's important to me, to come at it from the everyday persons' perspective, and still to find a real solution that will fix all of those problems I mentioned, and I've got a record of getting things done in the Senate that shows I'm up to the challenge of getting America to universal health care. (applause)

Feb. 21, 2004 Hawaii & Utah
-10:00am - Press Conference in Honolulu w/ Sen. Inouye
-11:00am - GOTV in Honolulu w/ Sen. Inouye
-12:00pm - GOTV in Kaneohe w/ Sen. Inouye
-1:00pm - GOTV in Waipahu w/ Sen. Inouye
-2:00pm - Fly from Honolulu to Salt Lake City
-7:30pm - Rally & GOTV in Salt Lake City w/ Rep. Matheson
-8:45pm - Rally in Layton/Clearfield/Roy w/ Rep. Matheson
-10:00pm - Fundraiser in Salt Lake City w/ Rep. Matheson, Alan Blinken, & Mario Cuomo

Feb. 22, 2004 Utah & Idaho
-9:00am - Meet & Greet w/ GOTV volunteers in Salt Lake City w/ Rep. Matheson. (Volunteer leaders for SLC, West Vally City, West Jordan, Orem, Ogden, Provo, & St. George
-9:30am - Town Hall in West Valley City w/ Rep. Matheson
-11:00am - Rally in Orem w/ Rep. Matheson
-12:00pm - Town Hall btw Orem & Provo w/ Rep. Matheson
-1:30pm-2:30pm - Fly from Salt Lake City to Boise w/ Rep. Matheson
-2:45pm - Rally in Boise w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-4:00pm - Town Hall in Nampa w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-4:45pm - Town Hall in Caldwell w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-7:00pm - Town Hall in Post Falls w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-8:00pm - Town Hall in Coeur d'Alene w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson

Excerpt from Rally, Barnstorm, GOTV & Town Halls
You may have heard by now, a little about my Senate record. I'm working hard to make sure the grassroots decision-makers in this primary, folks like you, that you know what I've done in the Senate and why it makes me the only qualified candidate for President. When the SALT treaty for arms control fell apart in the late 70s, I personally met with Russia's Foreign Minister and worked out a compromise so that our world would be safer. I stood up against President Reagan's attempts to violate the second SALT treaty. In 1994 the President signed a sweeping crime bill into law that was drafted by my office. In that same year I wrote and passed the Violence Against Women Act, making sure America is a safe haven from gender-based hate crimes.

Two weeks ago, I introduced a bill to the Senate to raise the minimum wage, something desperately needing to be done here in Wisconsin. It will grow our economy and bring millions out of poverty and closer to a standard of living. In a matter of days, my leadership inspired Senator Edwards and Congressman Kucinich to follow my lead in support of raising the wage. I am sorry to say, however, it took Senator Clinton days to respond. For five days, she was ignoring the hardworking among us and only responded because we got to a point where she had to. Look, I believe the President should be a leader, first and foremost.

The challenges we face in the next four years are not insurmountable. We can end the war in Iraq and fulfill the responsibilities expected of a global leader by holding fair and free elections and stabilizing their government. We can restore the international prestige of our name. We can raise the minimum wage so that work pays fairly and ensure the work place is a level playing field. But "can" is for the runners up. Vote for me, and we will.

February 23, 2004 Idaho
-8:00am - Pre-tape satellite interview with Hawaii morning news
-9:30am - Meet & Greet in Coeur d'Alene w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-10:15am - Meet & Greet in Post Falls w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-11:00am-12:00pm - Fly from Post Falls to Boise w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-12:15pm - Rally in Boise w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-1:00pm - Town Hall in Mountain Home w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-2:30pm - Rally in Twin Falls w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-3:15pm - Meet and Greet in Burley w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-5:30pm - Rally in Pocatello w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-7:00pm - Rally in Idaho Falls w/ Alan Blinken & Rep. Matheson
-8:00pm - Live satellite interview with Idaho news markets

February 24, 2004 Idaho, Utah, Massachusetts, & Rhode Island
-9:00am - GOTV in Boise w/ Alan Blinken
-11:15am - GOTV in Twin Falls w/ Alan Blinken
-11:50am-12:40pm - Fly from Twin Falls to Salt Lake City
-1:00pm-GOTV in Salt Lake City w/ Rep. Matheson
-2:00-6:30pm - Fly from Salt Lake City to Boston
-6:45pm - Rally in Boston w/ Sen. Ted Kennedy, Senator Ted Kennedy endorses Biden for President
-8:00pm - Rally in Providence w/ Sen. Jack Reed, Rep. Patrick Kennedy. Senator Jack Reed & Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy endorse Biden for President
-9:00-1:00am - Rally in Providence campaign HQ for 2/24 primary results.

NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #620 on: May 20, 2014, 02:59:11 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2014, 05:55:52 PM by NewYorkExpress »

More Surrogate Schedules

Caroline Kennedy

February 18, 2004

Speech at the Stratton Student Center, MIT, Cambridge Massachusetts

College Students are the lifeblood of our Democracy, because as generation passes, we need new, younger voters to fill in the ranks. Hillary Clinton has been a friend of the Kennedy family for years, and while most of us are supporting Senator Biden, I remain. I support a candidate who brings a dimension of making history, of enabling future dreamers to continue to think big and reach for the stars, and to believe that their dream of reaching the highest jobs in the land, whether it's owning the New England Patriots, becoming CEO of General Motors, becoming the host of the Tonight on NBC or being elected President are possible for all Americans (and in some cases those who aren't American).

Speech at the Ellis Oval, Tufts University, Medford Massachussetts

Amelia Earhart, lived here in Medford until her 1928 Transatlantic flight. Earhart, would be an inspiration to women across America, such as Eleanor Roosevelt, and one day Hillary Clinton. But if Senator Allen had his way, Amelia Earhart, never would have been able to get in a plane. Hillary Clinton never would have been able to join the Rose Law Firm, Eleanor Roosevelt would not have been the first U.N ambassador, Betty Ford would not be able to become the activist she did, and Jill Biden would most certainly not be a college professor. We don't want a candidate whose policies that treat women like the playthings of men! We don't a party who's policies treat women like the playthings of Men! That is why on March 2, I want every last one of you to vote for Senator Clinton in the Primary!, I want every last one of you to vote to for the Democratic nominee in November, no matter who he or she may be! I want every last one of you to vote for a Democrat for Congress, and then in 2006 we are going to knock Mitt Romney out of the Governor's mansion!  

GOTV in Woburn, Massachusetts

Speech at the Concord Museum, Concord, Massachusetts

Many Years ago a great battle was fought here, one that kicked off a revolution. Now over two hundred and twenty-five years later, we seek to wage a new revolution against the menace of conservatism. It doesn't require lanterns and muskets and cannonballs, it requires votes and persistence to win. We seek to defeat conservatism, with it's extreme lack of regard for everyone around it, with votes and knowledge. If we don't win the costs are severe, the Republican Party opposes marriage, in the sense that those who want to get married (homosexuals) are denied based on bigotry. The Republican Party has replaced us, Democrats as the "racist" party, based on it's opposition to affirmative action, it's support of the three-strikes law, the support of excessive penalties for crimes such as marijuana use, and opposition to gun control, background checks, anything that would make the streets safer. Republicans are cast as the "sexist" party, due to their support for banning abortions in all circumstances, even when the life of the mother is on the line, and for paying women less than men, for the exact same jobs. There is an easy solution for them as well. Ditch the Religious Right (Let's face it, the right isn't all Christians) and adopt a more balanced strategy. But they won't do it, you know, I know it, and my father, a man who was President, is rolling in his grave right now over how far both parties have come from the 1960's.

February 19, 2004
One by Land, Two by Sea. Paul Revere and William Dawes, the great Patriots that they were followed this mantra to help begin the Revolutionary War. Now we seek to begin a revolution against a Republican Party that has failed to follow their own values-their own Contract With America! We will defeat them, whether it this year, 2004, 2006 or on and we will make their defeat so thorough that they will not be able to come back.

Rally at Fenway Park, Boston, Massachussets

I think we can break two big "Glass Ceilings" this year... I think we are going elect our first female President and we're going to break the Curse of the Bambino... Eat your heart out George Steinbrenner!

Rally at the FleetCenter Boston, Massachusetts

People forget that the convention may still be here this year... and we all don't want a brokered convention. So let's do two things on March 2, deliver Massachusetts for Senator Clinton, and knock somebody out of our Primary.

February 20, 2004

GOTV in North Kingstown, Rhode Island

Speech in Foster, Rhode Island

A guy named H.P Lovecraft once lived here, writing things that would later become the Chthulu mythos. Why do bring this up?, Because, yesterday a bill was introduced by Congressman Todd Akin of Missouri, which would ban the dissemination and sale of stories such as the Chultulu Mythos, Harry Potter, and all of Stephen King's works (which were just examples listed in the bill). I highly doubt that this bill. which is a direct attack on both sides of the First Amendment will pass, but I do challenge Senator Allen, Mayor Giuliani and Governor Johnson to indicate their position on this bill.

GOTV in Central Falls, Rhode Island

February 21, 2004

GOTV in Groton, Connecticut

Speech in New London, Connecticut

First off, I admire Jon Huntsman for saying exactly how he feels about this election... He could get more than ambassadorship, he theoretically could get the Secretary of State position if he wants it, he certainly could have gotten it with Allen or Giuliani, and it was me, given how well he served if in Singapore, I'm not sure I could say no to Huntsman being Secretary of State, if he asked.

Fundraiser at Foxwoods Resort Casino, Ledyard, Connecticut for Hillary Clinton, Chris Dodd, Betty Castor, Peter Duetsch, Alex Penelas, Barack Obama, Daniel Hynes, Gerry Chico, Daniel Mongiardo, Chuck Schumer, Joe Hoeffel, Jon Huntsman, Mike Easley, John Lynch and Christine Gregoire. (Paul McCartney, Andy Montanez, Mariah Carey, Paula Abdul, The Pussycat Dolls and U2 are performing) (This is why we're not running ads so, we can pay people to perform at fundraisers)

February 22, 2004

GOTV in Duluth, Minnesota (With Rick Nolan)

GOTV in Hacienda Heights, California

February 23, 2004

GOTV in Hawaii Capital District, Honolulu, Hawaii

GOTV in Downtown Honolulu, Honolulu Hawaii

Rally at Aloha Stadium, Honolulu, Hawaii (With Neil Abercrombie)

Hawaii, with your vote tomorrow, you hold the possible identity of the Democratic Party nominee in your hands. I implore you to make the choice that will keep all sides of our party, happy, Blue Dog, or Progessive Caucus. That choice is Hillary Clinton. She will push for our agenda, not parts of it, but all of it, and she will do it in a way that requires everyone in her party to have some input.

February 24, 2004
GOTV in Idaho Falls, Idaho

GOTV in Boise, Idaho (With David Bieter)

Election Night Rally at the Delta Center, Salt Lake City, Utah
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #621 on: May 20, 2014, 04:01:54 PM »
« Edited: May 20, 2014, 04:20:08 PM by Senator Meiji (D-NC) »

Edwards Press Release
Given that a major Clinton surrogate has named him as a possible choice for Secretary of State, the Edwards campaign calls on Ambassador Huntsman to publicly detail his stance on the Iraq War, as it is now significant in the Democratic primary. Do you support the Republican administration and the Republican President on this issue? Or do you side with Senator Clinton when she supports developing a plan for withdrawal?
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #622 on: May 20, 2014, 04:10:19 PM »
« Edited: May 21, 2014, 12:56:02 AM by badgate »

Statement from Senator Joe Biden
in Boise, ID flanked by Alan Blinken, Rep. Jim Matheson, & Former Gov. Mario Cuomo

While I believe that until Jon Huntsman is nominated for a cabinet post, it is up to his constituents to question him on the issues, I am deeply disappointed in the lengths that Senator Clinton has gone to attempt to win the Utah contests.

The primary system is a great part of our democracy, and the voters in the Democratic primary clearly have yet to settle on one candidate. And that's fine. However, it is appalling for Senator Clinton, at this early stage when nobody's nomination is assured, to be circumventing the will of the voters and staffing a hypothetical cabinet for tomorrow with the endorsements of yesterday.

This is indicative of the back-room dealing and wheeling of the Clinton administration in the 90s. I think, and I believe my friendly rivals on the Democratic side as well as our friends in the Republican primary will agree, that the voters deserve to know if Mrs. Clinton is truly promising cabinet appointments in order to secure endorsements.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« Reply #623 on: May 20, 2014, 04:12:51 PM »

My virus protection is saying that a certain file used by NYE is Malaware infested; it's best to delete the Old North Church pic before someone without protection is infected.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #624 on: May 20, 2014, 09:27:45 PM »

Reminder This Round will close tomorrow night at 11:59 PM EST
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies