2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:12:38 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 66
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154295 times)
Donerail
Atlas Icon
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1100 on: June 27, 2014, 06:39:52 PM »
« edited: August 21, 2014, 02:01:17 PM by SJoyce of Harrenhal »

Yeah, how would you like to go about it?
Maybe three groups per candidate.
Two positive, one negative.

Here, I'm just gonna do it and you'll see how it rolls - basically a surrogate but with a not-candidate-focused aim.

One America PAC

I’m Senator John Edwards, and I’m here today in Robbins to announce the formation of a new group, which we’re calling One America PAC. What we are is an organization that works to see progressive leaders elected around here. We’re not affiliated with anyone here, and we’re not connected to any business, union, or campaign. What we are is a group that provides support, training, and advertising in key states and areas to help get these folks elected. I’m proud to stand here today to announce a few of these folks that we’re endorsing for Senate races - we’ve got Dan Mongiardo, he’s a State Senator running in Kentucky; Representative Chris John, who’s from Louisiana; and Representative Brad Carson of Oklahoma. We’re working on coming up with tough ads in those states and in other states where we’re identifying candidates to support, to help Democrats take the Senate and so we can see some real progressive change. These men are the ones we need to put into office to help make one America, and that’s what we’re going to do.
rpryor03
Bahamas

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1101 on: June 27, 2014, 07:23:47 PM »

And as a conservative counterpoint...

Freedom Project PAC

Hi there, I'm Representative John Boehner of Ohio, and I'm here today as one of the leaders of the Freedom Project. We're an organization that will fight for your interests, focusing on keeping tax levels low, keeping the government out of your life, and destroy red tape. We're proud to announce our endorsees for the 2004 cycle. John Thune in South Dakota, Richard Burr in North Carolina, David Vitter in Louisiana, Mel Martinez in Florida, Pete Coors in Colorado, Lisa Murkowski in Alaska, Johnny Issakson in Georgia, Alan Keyes in Illinois, and Jim Holt in Arkansas. We want to help the Republicans hold the Senate this year, and keep a force of conservative change in Washington. We're here for you and your freedom.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1102 on: June 28, 2014, 12:31:03 PM »

New Biden Endorsements

Tom Daschle, Senator from South Dakota

Bill Nelson, Senator from Florida

Harry Reid, Senator from Nevada

Sherrod Brown, Representative from the 13th district of Ohio

Stephanie Tubbs Jones, Representative from the 11th district of Ohio

OOC: NHI, I have edited Biden's schedule to include the appearance and endorsements of Reps. Brown & Jones, and Sen. Nelson
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1103 on: June 28, 2014, 02:43:27 PM »

OOC: Something's come up and I'm going to be away from tomorrow until Thursday. IDS Legislator Maxwell has agreed to fill in for me again, as best he can based on his schedule.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1104 on: June 29, 2014, 01:09:46 AM »

OOC: Trying a new format again...

Biden Surrogates

Alaska
Gov. Tony Knowles
Sen. Olympia Snowe
Sen. Maria Cantwell

Colorado
AG Ken Salazar
Mayor John Hickenlooper
Rep. Mark Udall
Rep. Diana DeGette
Gov. Jerry Brown
Rep. Henry Waxman
Rep. Luis Gutierrez
Rep. Barbara Lee
Sen. Tom Daschle

Missouri
Rep. Gene Taylor
Rep. Bennie Thompson
Pres. Bill Clinton
Gov. Kathleen Blanco
Gov. Kathleen Sebelius
Gov. Phil Bredensen
Rep. Harold Ford, Jr.
Rep. Bud Cramer
Sen. Tom Harkin

Montana
Sen. Max Baucus
Brian Schweitzer
Sen. Daniel Inouye
Sen. Harry Reid

New Mexico
Gov. Ann Richards
Rep. Lloyd Doggett
Gov. Bill Richardson
Gov. Janet Napolitano
Judy Shepard
Gov. Dave Freudenthal

New York
Pres. Jimmy Carter
Gov. Mario Cuomo
Sen. Hillary Clinton
Jesse Jackson
Sen. Ted Kennedy
Sen. Jack Reed
Rep. Patrick J. Kennedy
Rep. Jim Langevin
Rep. Richard Neal
Sen. Patrick Leahy
Rev. Al Sharpton

North Carolina
Gov. Mark Warner
Rep. Mel Watts
Sen. John Edwards
Sen. Max Cleland
Gov. Douglas Wilder
Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee
Sen. Carol Moseley Braun
Sen. Arlen Specter
Sen. Jay Rockefeller
Rep. Ben Chandler
Sen. Paul Sarbanes
Rep. Joe Hoeffel

Ohio
Sen. Mark Dayton
Rep. Tammy Baldwin
Rep. Betty McCollum
Rep. Martin Olav Sabo
Mayor Randy Kelly
Mayor R.T. Rybak
Sen. Herb Kohl
Vice Pres. Walter Mondale
Gov. Joe Kernan
Rep. Ted Strickland
Rep. Sherrod Brown
Rep. Stephanie Tubbs Jones

Pennsylvania
State Sen. Allyson Schwartz
Rep. Donna Christian-Christensen
Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick
Gov. Ed Rendell
Sen. Bill Nelson

Wisconsin
Rep. Bobby Rush
Rep. Jesse Jackson, Jr.
Rep. Rahm Emanuel

Bill Gates
Bundling

Oprah Winfrey
Bundling
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1105 on: June 29, 2014, 01:19:48 AM »
« Edited: June 29, 2014, 01:28:33 AM by badgate »

OOC: I wrote a shorter version of this for the Alaska primary, but never got to post it. So I've adapted it for this turn.

Biden Surrogate

Tony Knowles, frmr. Governor from Alaska

September 3, 2004
-Barnstorming in Anchorage
-Barnstorming in Palmer
-Barnstorming on Kodiak Island

--Asked about Senator Biden's plan to make college affordable: I know the Senator has his eye on tuition reform, setting rules to make sure that students' money is spent on their education. As well, Senator Biden will cut out the middle men - the banks - in the student loan industry, giving college students and graduates more flexible repayment plans and a fair interest rate. That is why it is so important to get our communities to come out for Joe Biden in November.

September 4, 2004
-Barnstorming in Kalifornsky
-Barnstorming in Soldotna
-Barnstorming in Sterling
-Barnstorming in Kenai

--Asked by reporter about the third party campaigns: Well, you know, we're all entitled to our vote. I'm voting for Joe Biden and I'm confident a lot of Alaskans will join me. But Giuliani's campaign, their attitude is that he's entitled to the votes of people who identify as 'conservative' or 'republican' or 'right-wing.' It's simply not true. Nobody is entitled to your vote; it's your vote.

September 5, 2004
-Barnstorming in Sitka
-Barnstorming in Ketchikan
-Barnstorming in Kenai

--To GOTV volunteers, and undecided voters: My fellow Alaskans, you know me. We have done great things from when I was Governor. I know many of you hope I will run to represent you in some other capacity soon...well, I'd like to. I'd also like to see Senator Biden win our state in November. Today is a special day. This election is very competitive, and our votes are important and can have a real impact on who wins the Presidency. I am supporting Joe Biden, because he has the record and gravitas to make us proud as President. Together, let's help get him there!

September 6, 2004
-Barnstorming in Wasilla
-Barnstorming in Knik-Fairview
-Barnstorming in Meadow Lakes
-Barnstorming in Tanaina

September 7, 2004
-Barnstorming in Lakes
-Barnstorming in Gateway
-Barnstorming in Palmer
-Barnstorming in Chugiak

September 8, 2004
-GOTV in Anchorage

September 9, 2004
-GOTV in Anchorage
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #1106 on: June 29, 2014, 01:33:41 AM »

Can we get this round extended by a day? I'm pretty busy with school.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1107 on: June 29, 2014, 10:24:24 AM »

Can we get this round extended by a day? I'm pretty busy with school.
Sure,
Round will be extended until June 30 at 11:59 PM EST
DKrol
dkrolga
YaBB God

« Reply #1108 on: June 29, 2014, 11:46:45 AM »

OOC: As of right now I will not have internet access until Thursday. IDS Legislator Maxwell has my permission to post as Vice President Giuliani and respond to any situations that may arise. See you all on Thursday.
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1109 on: June 29, 2014, 12:29:37 PM »

OOC: As of right now I will not have internet access until Thursday. IDS Legislator Maxwell has my permission to post as Vice President Giuliani and respond to any situations that may arise. See you all on Thursday.
Sounds good. See you then.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1110 on: June 30, 2014, 02:06:24 AM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: September 3-9

September 3
-Town Hall in Ferndale, WA
-Town Hall in Kelso, WA
-Town Hall in Lake Forest Park, WA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Yakima, WA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Vancouver, WA

Governor Johnson raises good points in his own campaign, and we should definitely give attention to his ideas. I've frequently collaborated with one of his most outspoken supporters, Ron Paul, in Congress. However, I'm the one candidate that holds up on all issues important to Americans. They want to have us out of Iraq, their jobs secure, their environment clean, and Social Security protected. My record speaks for itself here. No one can compete with me on all of these, and I'm fighting for regular Americans who are fed up with politics as usual. We can only go up at this point. Join me in this Green revolution and send a clear message to Washington this November!

September 4
-Meet and Greet in Orleans, VT
-Meet and Greet in Pittsford, VT
-Meet and Greet in Barton, VT
-Meet and Greet in Bradford, VT
-Meet and Greet in Norwich, VT

September 5
-Meet and Greet in East Barre, VT
-Meet and Greet in Williamstown, VT
-Meet and Greet in Island Pond, VT
-Meet and Greet in Bethel, VT
-Meet and Greet in Randolph, VT

September 6
-Meet and Greet in North Bennington, VT
-Meet and Greet in Waterbury, VT
-Meet and Greet in Manchester Center, VT
-Meet and Greet in Chester, VT
-Meet and Greet in Saxtons River, VT

Well, sir, our problem with healthcare in this country is that it's profitable for insurance companies to not provide health services. That's why it's crucial that we remove the profit motive from the healthcare industry and work on providing access for all Americans. Universal healthcare is a big priority of mine, and you'll see a Kucinich administration tackle the issue straight on with a mandate in the very first months of my presidency. I support transitioning to a Medicare for All system, which would put us right along every other industrialized democracy in the world with providing universal coverage, free of charge. Millions who have been uninsured will see a great improvement in their lives. Doctors and patients will be in control under this system, not insurance companies.

September 7
-Meet and Greet in Poipu, HI
-Meet and Greet in Fern Acres, HI
-Town Hall in Heeia, HI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Kaneohe, HI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Hilo, HI

September 8
-Bus Tour in Oak Lawn, IL
-Bus Tour in Skokie, IL
-Bus Tour in Elmhurst, IL
-Rally and Fundraiser in Aurora, IL
-Rally and Fundraiser in Chicago, IL

Recently I decided to sue the CPD. The last time we had a third candidate in the debates was Ross Perot in 1992, and they kept him out of the next election's debates because the two parties wanted to stay in control. Well, I don't think they can claim that for much longer. The people are speaking up, and I guarantee you that you'll see more choices than just the Democrats and Republicans on TV next month. We have to keep the pressure on them and demand that their policies on debates are fair to all candidates. They say that we can't win, but that's because they don't let us have exposure to begin with! If we're in the debates, then we'll have a good chance to actually win this election, with support from all across the country. Whatever happens here, we'll fight the good fight to the very end. My campaign is about representing the people, not special interests.

September 9
-Town Hall in Warren, RI
-Town Hall in Valley Falls, RI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cranston, RI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Warwick, RI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Providence, RI

I have to say that I'm disappointed in Senator Biden that he would let his campaign air that ad attacking Vice President Giuliani's personal life. No matter how much we disagree on policies, you should never stoop down to dirty campaigning like that, and I've never done that in my own campaign. There's so much to talk about with the issues that you can easily criticize both of them. If you wanted to attack Giuliani, then bringing up his enthusiastic support of Iraq immediately comes to mind. For that matter, I should remind everyone that Biden also came out strongly for it, even when all the evidence wasn't there for invading the country. I've been a vocal opponent since the very beginning, and my administration will be one of peace. That's something that you can count on.

TV/Radio Ad: Fighting for the Working Class

Hi, I'm Dennis Kucinich. I grew up in a working class family, with my father being a truck driver and my mother being a homemaker. We moved 21 times during my childhood, and we even lived in a few cars. I learned the value of hard work and working together as a family during those years, and I still think about what I've gone through as I fight for families all across this country. In Congress, I've fought for a higher minimum wage and stronger workers' rights, and I've fought against job-killing deals like NAFTA and the WTO. As President, fighting for the working class will be my biggest priority. I'm Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message because it's time for Washington to start thinking about the people again.

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1111 on: June 30, 2014, 02:53:41 AM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 03:03:11 AM by badgate »

Excerpts from OPRAH

OPRAH: How did you two meet?

JILL: Well, I had been set up on a blind date by his brother. He actually called me the one night I was in town, and I was busy. But he persisted.

JOE: I'd actually seen her, in an ad for a new local park in Wilmington. So I called her back, and said, can't you change your plans?

JILL: But it wasn't until he picked me up-

OPRAH: He saw you were the woman in the park advertisement?

JILL: Yeah!

JOE: I thought, wow, I'd be lucky if she spends the next five minutes not regretting changing her plans. That's how gorgeous she is.

OPRAH: So, do you consider yourself a political wife?

JILL: Oh, no way. Not at all. You know, Joe comes home on the train every night. From D.C. to Wilmington. So our home has always been there. I teach there, I'm an English teacher. And in 1988, my only involvement was only traveling with Joe here and there. I love teaching, and Joe and I debate all the time about education.

OPRAH: So walk us through the grassroots of this campaign. What convinced you that you needed to run?

JOE: Jill, first of all, came to me in last year and said 'you should be in this campaign.' And I agreed. The country needs strong leadership; we're in fast-changing times, and the leaders currently in place are not responding to the people. I see that every day on the campaign trail, the dissatisfaction with President Bush, and his war in Iraq.

OPRAH: Now, isn't that also your war in Iraq? You voted for it, and supported it in the early stages. (hushed silence)

JOE: You know, when I was in law school we would constantly be looking at cases where a verdict that seemed so concrete was overturned. And I look at that vote like those cases. In school, it was so easy to start retrying the cases as we study them. But the verdict was decided by the facts, as present, at the time. My vote for the invasion of Iraq was decided by the facts, as presented, at the time.

The President lied to us. Look, he lied to me. I was a group of Senators on the foreign relations committee that met with him before the authorization was voted on in the Senate. He said to my face that this was true. His Secretary of State met with our committee and lied to our face. Condoleezza Rice, Donald Rumsfeld, they all created what they wanted to exist. And I tell you, I'm mad as hell that they lied. And I'm mad as hell that because of that, American soldiers have died.
(applause)

Excerpts from SPLC Press Conference

BIDEN: We are here in Jefferson county, part of the southern leg of Appalachia. Part of my New Pathways plan will focus on economic investment, job training and placement programs, and greater access to healthcare in this region.

REPORTER: Senator Biden, why Appalachia?

BIDEN: On the whole, this region is a one-point-two percent higher poverty rate than the national average. I intend for this to be a community effort, with respect to local tradition and way of life. But with access to education and healthcare, and economic investment in the region, I believe we can and have a responsibility to do much more.

I am proposing the New Pathways plank of my campaign, which will bring the full width of the Executive Branch's agencies together to revitalize our poorest communities. The Department of Education will work directly with school districts and seek tax credits for Congress to help these schools have a fighting chance to meet fair federal standards. The Department of the Interior and Transportation will work together to assess the roadways and make sure all townships have easy access to a nearby hospital and other necessary utilities, schools, and their own local government buildings. Commerce will create incentives for businesses to open up shop, put down roots. With a solid education the next generation will be prepared to take on the higher-paying jobs that companies will offer after opening offices here.

This program is not just for the Appalachian region. This is a nationwide initiative, that will be partnered with Mr. Bill Gates' new foundation. Mr. Gates has recently put down $4 billion dollars to fund the creation of Reach America, which will place college graduates in full-time jobs in communities that need bright young minds. The program promises to pay off these generous Americans' student loans after their 3-year term of service, as well as help them relocate should they chose to move after their terms expire. Reach America has already secured agreements with 28 states to partner to place these applicants in communities. Opportunities range from community organizers, teachers, community theatre directors (laughter) No, really! They're going to have legendary musical theatre in Asheville very, very soon.

With this partnership with the government's efforts, we hope to see the root causes of poverty decay and dissolve.

Press Sec. STEPHANIE CUTTER: The Senator will now take a few questions.

REPORTER: Do you have a response for Vice President Giuliani?

BIDEN: I saw his address today. What parts are you referring to?

REPORTER: He's accused you of crossing the line, and bringing his children into the campaign ad. Do you have a response and do you think the ad was too harsh?

BIDEN: I think that Mr. Giuliani brought up integrity and his time as Mayor of New York as central issues to his campaign and the reasons why he should be elected President. What this ad was about, was how he spent his time in that office, and the level of respect he had for it and for the people over which he was tasked with governing.

I've seen the ad; the only mention of his children is what he himself told reporters at the time, what his plans for the day were. I want to make it clear I have nothing but respect for the privacy of his children. He asked that I call for the ad to be taken off the air. The ad buy in fact expired today.

REPORTER: Since this ad came out, media outlets have reported on a Vanity Fair piece from 1997 corroborating the affair. Articles are also popping up everywhere recounting his very public affair and courtship with his current wife, while Mayor, and while married to his former wife. Even mom blogs across the internet are sharing the story that he publicly announced his divorce before telling his wife. Do you think this is relevant to the campaign?

BIDEN: I think what he did in office is relevant. He's made being "America's Mayor" his claim to fame, if you will.   Did he honor his office? Was he respectful of the responsibilities? He's tried end and out to politicize September eleventh, to keep people's attention on the last three months of his tenure, but there's a lot more to it than that.

REPORTER: Was it your intention to turn this campaign into a tabloid nightmare?

BIDEN: This was the DNC's crusade. I am focused on the issues facing the American people. Statements to the contrary, be they from Mr. Giuliani himself, or the my-way-or-the-highway contingent of the radical left, are cynical political posturing. Don't you guys have questions about the issues? That's what we're here to discuss.

REPORTER: Is this poverty initiative linked to your minimum wage proposal?

BIDEN: Absolutely. Raising the minimum wage to $7.25 for all workers is essential to ensuring a strong economy and a fair income for hardworking Americans.

REPORTER: You made a strong statement about the war in Iraq on OPRAH this week. Today Congressman Kucinich attacked you for supporting the authorization of the war in the Senate. How do you respond?

BIDEN: I think, and most Americans are with me here, that he needs to watch more OPRAH. (laughter)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« Reply #1112 on: June 30, 2014, 12:30:07 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Schedule:

September 3rd:
Town Hall and GOTV in Pueblo, CO
Barnstorm and GOTV in Security-Widefield, CO
Rally and Town Hall, GOTV in Colorado Springs, CO

September 4th:
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Colorado Springs, CO
Barnstorm/GOTV and Town Hall in Castle Rock, CO
Town Hall and GOTV in Highlands Ranch, CO

September 5th:
Rally, Town Hall and GOTV in Centennial, CO
Town Hall and Barnstorm Aurora, CO
Rally, Speech and GOTV in Denver, CO

September 6th:
Barnstorm and Town Hall in Denver, CO
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Lakewood, CO
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Arvada, CO

September 7th:
Rally and Town Hall/GOTV in Thornton, CO
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Lafayette, CO
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Boulder, CO

September 8th:
Town Hall, Rally and GOTV in Longmont, CO
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Greeley, CO
Barnstorm/GOTV and Town Hall in Loveland, CO

September 9th:
Rally, Town Hall and Barnstorm in Fort Collins, CO
Town Hall and Barnstorm Denver, CO
Rally and Speech in Aurora, CO

Too long have we voted for the status quo! Too long have we voted for the lesser of two evils! It’s time for REAL change, REAL experience, and a candidate you can trust! We have two candidates that constantly vote or dictate against the American People, and constantly grab power wherever convenient! I say, NO MORE! I want to follow the constitution! I want to serve the American people, not dictate them! As president, I will fight for the rights of ALL American citizens, no more preferential treatment to special interest groups! It’s time for a People’s President! It’s time to LIVE FREE!

Jesse Ventura Campaign Schedule:

September 3rd:
Rally and Town Hall/GOTV in St. Paul, MN
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Richfield, MN
Town Hall and Barnstorm/GOTV in Bloomington, MN

September 4th:
Barnstorming/GOTV in Eagan, MN
Barnstorming/GOTV in Burnsville, MN
Town Hall and Barnstorming/GOTV in Lakeville, MN

September 5th:
Barnstorming/GOTV in Edina, MN
Town Hall and Barnstorming/GOTV in Minnetonka, MN
Barnstorming and GOTV in Plymouth, MN

September 6th:
Town Hall and Barnstorming/GOTV in Maple Grove, MN
Barnstorming and GOTV in Brooklyn Park, MN
Rally and Speech in Minneapolis, MN

September 7th:

Barnstorming and GOTV in Minneapolis, MN
Barnstorming and GOTV in Roseville, MN
Town Hall and Barnstorming/GOTV in Coon Rapids, MN

September 8th:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Champlin, MN
Barnstorming and GOTV in Andover, MN
Barnstorming and GOTV in Ramsey, MN

September 9th:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Elk River, MN
Town Hall and Rally/GOTV in St. Cloud, MN
Rally and Speech in Duluth, MN

TV, Radio, and Mail Ad to be shown in the following states:

Experience, Executive Experience, Military Experience, something that only one ticket offers, that is Gary Johnson and Jesse Ventura. As governors, they both know how to work with congress, they know how leadership works. Instead of these career politicians, who share more similarities than differences, who really cares about the American People? Only one Ticket, and that is governors' Johnson and Ventura. Only these two are men of the people. They want you to lead your own lives, and LIVE FREE!

Surrogates:

Rep. Ron Paul:
Barnstorming Nevada

Governor Buddy Roemer:

GOTV operations with Americans Elect in all states

Rep. Barry Goldwater:
Barnstorming Arizona

Clint Eastwood:
Barnstorming New Mexico

Rep. Bob Barr:
Barnstorming Indiana

Gov. William Weld:

Barnstorming Maine and New Hampshire

Drew Carey:

Fundraising

Rep. Joe Scarborough:
Barnstorming Arizona

Paul Craig Roberts:
Fundraising

National Rifle Association and GOA:

Running Mail Ads support Johnson and Denouncing other two candidates

Sen. Dirk Kempthrone:
Barnstorming Idaho

Sen. Scott McCallum:

Barnstorming Wisconsin

Gov. Arne Carlson:
Barnstorming Minnesota

Sarah Palin:
Barnstorming Alaska

Harry Browne:
Fundraising

Ross Perot:
Barnstorming Maine

Mark Souder:
Barnstorming Indiana
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1113 on: June 30, 2014, 08:42:33 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 09:04:25 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

Kay Bailey Hutchinson Campaign Schedule - Sep. 3 - 9, 2004

"This kind of campaigning is pathetic. Joe Biden doesn't want to address his tax and spend legacy and, instead, wants to dig through Giuliani's history. Let's look at the facts - the Giuliani agenda leads to more money in your pocket, stronger education, and a stronger America to defend itself abroad."

September 3rd, 2004:
Town Hall in Creston, Iowa
Barnstorming in Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Newton, Iowa
Town Hall in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Barnstorming in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

September 4th, 2004:
Meet and Greet in Worthington, Minnesota
Town Hall in Mankato, Minnesota
Barnstroming in Bloomington, Minnesota
Barnstorming in St. Cloud, Minnesota
Town Hall in Milcaca, Minnnesota

September 5th, 2004:
Barnstorming in Pine City, Minnesota
Town Hall in Aitkin, Minnesota
Town Hall in Chisholm, Minnesota
Meet and Greet in Two Harbors, Minnesota
Town Hall in Duluth, Minnesota

"I've talked all across the nation and I've heard all of your needs and I believe our campaign is more apt to combat the problems this nation faces. Instead of having a monkey snowball fight, and digging up mud, Rudy Giuliani believes the best way to run a campaign is to debate policy and substance. Joe Biden throws so much mud they should call his campaign 'Muddy Waters for President'!

September 6th, 2004:
Senatorial Duties

September 7th, 2004:
Senatorial Duties

September 8th, 2004:
Press Conference
Meet and Greet in Spooner, Wisconsin
Town Hall in Rice Lake, Wisconsin
Town Hall in Rhinelander, Wisconsin
Meet and Greet in Kingsford, Wisconsin

September 9th, 2004:
Town Hall in Munising, Michigan
Meet and Greet in St. Ignace, Michigan
Town Hall in Tawas City, Michigan
Meet and Greet in Saginaw, Michigan
Barnstorming in Flint, Michigan
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #1114 on: June 30, 2014, 08:47:21 PM »

Giuliani Surrogates, September 3rd-9th, 2004

Gov. George Pataki
Barnstorming in New York

Mayor Michael Bloomberg
Fundraising in New York

Senator John McCain
Barnstorming in Arizona

Governor Angus King
Barnstorming in Maine

Fmr. First Lady Nancy Reagan
Barnstorming in Ohio

Senator George Voinovich
Barnstorming in Ohio

Mr. Sheldon Adelson
Barnstorming in Nevada

Former President Jerry Ford
Barnstorming in Michigan

Governor Terry Branstad
Barnstorming in Iowa

Senator Kit Bond
Barnstorming in Missouri

House Majority Whip Roy Blunt
Barnstorming in Missouri

Mr. John Elway
Barnstorming in Ohio

Senator Norm Coleman
Barnstorming in Minnesota

Governor Pete Wilson
Barnstorming in Arizona

Former Vice President Dan Quayle
Barnstorming in Arizona

Former Senator Howard Baker
Barnstorming in Virginia

Senator Lamar Alexander
Barnstorming in North Carolina

House Speaker Dennis Hastert

Former Senator Fred Thompson

Senator Larry Pressler
Barnstorming in Wisconsin

Governor John Hoeven
Barnstorming in Iowa

Governor Mike Rounds
Barnstorming in Minnesota

Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Barnstorming in Arizona

Secretary of Housing and Urban Development Jack Kemp
Barnstorming in New York

Senator Bob Dole
Barnstorming in Iowa

General Norman Schwarzkopf
Barnstorming in Ohio

International Association of Fire Fighters
Voter Registration Rallies in Virginia

Senator Connie Mack III
Barnstorming in Florida

Dick Cheney
Barnstorming in Oregon

Kay Bailey Hutchison
See personal schedule

Linda Lingle
Barnstorming in Nevada

Kenny Guinn
Barnstorming in Nevada

Mary Matalin
Campaign Duties

Larry Craig
Barnstorming in Montana

Bill Owens
Barnstorming in Colorado

Paul Cellucci
Barnstorming in New Hampshire

John H. Sununu

John Ensign
Barnstorming in Nevada

Tom Petri
Barnstorming in Ohio

Mike DeWine
Barnstorming in Ohio

Donald Carcieri

George H.W. Bush
Barnstorming in Florida

Tim Pawlenty
Barnstorming in Montana

Rod Grams
Barnstorming in Iowa

Wayne Gilchrest
Barnstorming in Virginia

Bob Taft
Barnstorming in Ohio

Bob Ehrlich
Barnstorming in Ohio

Bill Frist

George Allen
Barnstorming in West Virginia

Olene Walker
Barnstorming in Nevada

Chamber of Commerce
Voter Registration Rallies in Ohio and Iowa

Ed Gillespie
Campaign Organization

Rick Perry
Barnstorming in Arkansas

Mitch McConnell
Barnstorming in Ohio

Lindsey Graham

Trent Lott
Barnstorming in Florida

Sam Brownback
Barnstorming in Iowa

Rick Santorum
Barnstorming in Pennsylvania

Fmr. Gov. Frank Keating
Barnstorming in Nevada

Fmr. Sen. John F. Seymour
Barnstorming in Nevada

Fmr. Sen. Edward Brooke
Barnstorming in New York

Fmr. Speaker Newt Gingrich

California Assembly Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy
Barnstorming in Nevada

House Majority Leader Tom DeLay

West Virginia Secretary of State Joe Manchin

Rep. Shelly Moore Capito
Barnstorming in West Virginia

Rep. Roger Wicker
Barnstorming in Arkansas

Rep. Eric Cantor
Barnstorming in Pennsylvnaia

Rep. Mark Kirk
Barnstorming in Iowa

Sen. John Warner
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« Reply #1115 on: June 30, 2014, 08:58:43 PM »

"Did you folks here Kay Bailey Hutchinson the other day? She's the Republican nominee for VP, and she took it upon herself to decry the Democrats' attack ad on her boss. And here's what she said, I sh!t you not, "Joe Biden doesn't want to address his tax and spend legacy and, instead, wants to dig through Giuliani's history." Really lady? You know something's wrong when Republicans try to take the high road on campaigning. It's ok to attack Uncle Joe for plagiarizing a speech back in 1987, but hit Big Rudy on getting his fancy tickled on Father's Day and you've gone too far. I love the Republicans."
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1116 on: June 30, 2014, 11:00:48 PM »
« Edited: July 01, 2014, 07:17:19 AM by NHI »

Round XXVI: September 10-18

The General Election is heating up between Senator Biden and Vice President Giuliani. Senator Biden attacked the Vice President for his marital infidelities, which set off a firestorm inside the Giuliani Campaign and across the country. Much of the country remained indifferent or divided over Giuliani's past indiscretions. However, the Vice President did respond to the charge by Biden, taking to a prime time address, much in the same vein as Richard Nixon's Checkers Speech, where he accepted responsibility and shame and apologized for his wrongful act. Public opinion polls immediately after the speech showed a spike in approval for Giuliani.

The First Presidential Debate is scheduled for September 30th at the University of Miami. Up until this point only Vice President Giuliani and Senator Biden were scheduled to appear, but in a lawsuit by Congressman Kucinich against the Commission on Presidential Debates, on the basis: 15% polling average in arbitrarily selected national surveys that cannot be achieved without the same media exposure as the two major parties, meaning that all other parties are likely to be excluded without massive resources to counter the media blackout. The end goal is to change the policy for entrance into the debates to being determined by two criteria: 1) being eligible to be President under the Constitution and 2) being on enough state ballots to theoretically attain a majority in the Electoral College." The Court sided in favor of Kucinich and the Commission has reversed their previous stance and opened an invitation to Congressman Kucinich and Governor Johnson to participate in the Presidential Debates. This is a big win for the third party candidates, as this will be the first election since 1992 that a candidate from besides the two major parties will appear on the stage.

In the wake of the court's decision, the Commission on Presidential Debates has altered the format to this year's debates. Rather than three televised there will only be TWO. The first a traditional style, moderated by PBS' Jim Lehrer and a second town hall style debate, moderated by Charles Gibson.

A single Vice Presidential Debate is scheduled for October 5th and an invitation has been extended to all the candidates.

Another victory for the Kucinich campaign is achieving ballot access through a write-in status in the following states: Ohio, New York, Texas, Georgia, Virginia, Missouri and Tennessee.

Presidential Debates:

September 30th: Presidential Debate (University of Miami)
Moderator: Jim Lehrer
Traditional Style Debate (Foreign and Domestic Policy)
Participants: Vice President Rudy Giuliani (R-NY), Senator Joe Biden (D-DE), Congressman Dennis (G-OH) Kucinich and Governor Gary Johnson (L-NM)

October 5th: Vice Presidential Debate (Case Western Reserve University)
Moderator: Gwen Ifill
Traditional Style Debate
Participants: Senator Kay Hutchison (R-TX), Senator Blanche Lincoln (D-AR), Congressman Bernie Sanders (G-VT), Governor Jesse Ventura (L-MN)

October 8th: Presidential Debate (Washington University)
Moderator: Charles Gibson
Town Hall Style Debate
Participants: Vice President Rudy Giuliani (R-NY), Senator Joe Biden (D-DE), Congressman Dennis Kucinich (G-OH) and Governor Gary Johnson (L-NM)

(R) Rudy Giuliani: 223
(D) Joe Biden: 197
Tossup: 118
[/center]

Gallup Polling: Giuliani +4
(R) Rudy Giuliani: 43%
(D) Joe Biden: 39%
(L) Gary Johnson: 7%
(G) Dennis Kucinich: 4%

This Round will Close: July 6th at 11:59 PM EST
If you would like polling for any particular states please let me know and I'll get them up!
Great job everyone!  --- NHI
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1117 on: June 30, 2014, 11:07:27 PM »

OOC: What are the topics of the debates?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1118 on: June 30, 2014, 11:12:51 PM »

OOC: What are the topics of the debates?

Debate 1: Foreign and Domestic Policy
VP Debate: Foreign and Domestic Policy
Debate 2: Q/A
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1119 on: June 30, 2014, 11:23:58 PM »

OOC: State poll requests: CO, CT, FL, HI, IL, ME, MI, MN, MO, MT, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, NC, OH, OR, PA, VA, WV, WI.
badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1120 on: June 30, 2014, 11:54:18 PM »
« Edited: June 30, 2014, 11:56:10 PM by badgate »

Statement from Biden for America

Below is a list of the items of policy and substance that Vice President Giuliani has been talking about in his campaign for President:

badgate
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1121 on: July 01, 2014, 12:30:13 AM »

Statement from Biden for America

Senator Biden's campaign for America is centered on the prosperity of our great nation. As President, Senator Biden will raise the minimum wage to secure the financial security of hardworking American families. He will take strong action in Iraq to repair the damage of the Bush administration. Once Americans have sent Bush and Giuliani packing, the road ahead will lead to a quality education for every child, more money in your pockets and more options in the free market, and secure national security to root out terrorists at home and overseas.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1122 on: July 01, 2014, 12:37:05 AM »

Statement from the Kucinich Campaign

We are delighted to hear the court decision in favor of our lawsuit against the Commission on Presidential Debates. This decision sets a precedent for later elections that will ensure equal representation among all viable candidates. Congressman Kucinich and Congressman Sanders are looking forward to debating their opponents in the coming weeks and making the case for economic and social justice directly to the American people.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1123 on: July 01, 2014, 12:42:27 AM »

Also, NHI, I assume that my write-in petitions got through, right?
NHI
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1124 on: July 01, 2014, 07:15:00 AM »

Also, NHI, I assume that my write-in petitions got through, right?
Yes, sorry. Meant to include it.

Ohio
New York
Texas
Georgia
Virginia
Missouri
Tennessee
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 [45] 46 47 48 49 50 ... 66  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length