2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 01:26:41 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154374 times)
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.29, S: -5.91

P
« on: March 28, 2014, 11:10:20 PM »

Can I switch to Gov. Gary Johnson (R-NM)?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 08:22:50 PM »

Governor Gary Johnson: A Governor for Freedom and Liberty

Sept. 6, 2003. Manchester, NH:
Hello, New Hampshire! Today I come before you to announce that I will be running for President! Over the past several years our party has lost its way. We have focused too much on issues that do not demand our attention, and not taking on the growing problems that we are beginning to face. Unfortunately, Washington politicians only take the easy route and do not tackle the hard problems.

As Governor of New Mexico, I was known as "Governor Veto," I stopped the unnecessary government waste that both parties were trying to throw at me, and the citizens of New Mexico. I did not take the easy way out, I stood up for the liberties of the people I served. As President, I will focus on the hard issues, I will stand up for Constitutional rights that keep getting taken away!

On the economy, we need to get this country out of debt, and stop government intervention into small business! We need to free up interstate commerce, eliminate the income tax and replace it with a fair tax! We need to free up trade so poorer Americans have access to cheap goods! We need to take on the Healthcare system and reform it! We need healthcare to be able to be sold across states lines, increase competition, and bring prices down! Let's stop subsidizing big businesses, and take back our economy!
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 04:57:57 PM »

Is there going to be a specific campaign thread or should we just start posting?
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 03:56:23 PM »
« Edited: March 31, 2014, 04:36:22 PM by MadmanMotley »

Gary Johnson Campaign Staff:
Campaign Director/Chief of Staff: Ron Neilson
Strategist/Advisor: Doug Wead
Press Secretary: Gary Howard Jr.
Financial Director: John McCardell
Pollster: Fritz Wenzel

Campaign Schedule:

Sept. 7th:
GaryJohnson2004.com goes live.
Gary Johnson for President texting alert system goes live.
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA
Rally and Q&A in Ames, IA with Rep. Ron Paul
Campaign Speech and Rally/Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA with Gov. Jesse Ventura
Town Hall in Newton, IA

"We have a chance to actually change Washington, shake up the career politicians and insiders! Show them that the people whom they represent are unhappy with how things are handled in Washington! Send me to Washington D.C. so I can represent the people, so we can have fiscal responsibility, so our civil liberties remain intact! Together we can take on the hard problems that face America."

Sept. 8th:
Town Hall and Barnstorm in Marshalltown, IA
Meet & Greet in Cedar Falls, IA
Rally/Fundraiser and Campaign Speech in Waterloo, IA with Gov. Jesse Ventura

"I come before you today as a candidate who means business, a candidate willing to take things on. I have a track record of this as Governor of New Mexico, keeping a balanced budget, and being fiscally responsible. We need to return to the era of balanced budgets, of responsibility. Every year spending increases and increases, and more and more taxes are levied on the people! A Johnson administration will work to see the repeal of the Income Tax, and establish a fair tax, a consumption tax. This way everyone pays into the system. Drug lords need groceries too! And they sure aren't paying into the system now!"

Sept. 9th:
Rally and Town Hall in Dubuque, IA with Rep. Ron Paul
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Clinton, IA
Rally, Speech and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA with Rep. Ron Paul

Sept. 10th:
Rally and Speech in Nashua, NH
Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
Town Hall and Meet and Greets in Dover, NH

"New Hampshire is known as the "Live Free or Die" state, and that sounds like my kind of place! Unfortunately those freedoms and liberties are being taken away by Washington! Benjamin Franklin said that, "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Well today our liberties are in jeopardy, and we need to fight for them, else we never get them back!"

Sept. 11th:

Attending 9/11 memorials in NYC

Sept. 12th:
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Rochester, NH
Rally/Fundraiser in Manchester, NH with Gov. Jesse Ventura
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Concord, NH

Sept 13th:
Town Hall/Q&A in Claremont, NH with Rep. Ron Paul
Town Hall and Barnstorming in Lebanon, NH with Rep. Ron Paul
Town Hall in Laconia, NH with Rep. Ron Paul

Radio ad to be run in following states:

"Governor Gary Johnson is a candidate with experience, as Governor of New Mexico, he balanced the budget, and protected individual freedoms. He stood against government waste. He is the candidate who won in a swing state twice, while never compromising his principles. Governor Johnson is the candidate who can win the White House. Gary Johnson is the one we need in the White House to take on the hard issues and protect our freedoms as Americans. 'I am Gary Johnson and I approve this message.'"
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 04:21:48 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Staff:
Campaign Director/Chief of Staff: Ron Neilson
Strategist/Advisor: Doug Wead
Press Secretary: Gary Howard Jr.
Financial Director: John McCardell
Pollster: Fritz Wenzel
I already nabbed Wead for my campaign, seeing how close Paul and Buchanan are, but if you want, I am willing to give him up to you. Wead might have bad blood with Pat dating back to '92, when he primaried Bush Sr. (whom Wead was an advisor too).
Sorry about that, I didn't realize you had him. I'd greatly appreciate it if you let me have him.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 01:18:03 PM »

Johnson joins Biden and Rumsfeld for Town Halls!

I am pleased to announce that I am joining Senator Biden and Secretary Rumsfeld in two town hall debates, it is important to see and hear what all sides have to say. I encourage everyone to come out to the town hall, or watch it on TV.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 12:32:59 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Schedule:

Sept 14th:
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Dover, NH
Rally and Speech, and Meet and Greet in Rochester, NH

It would seem that my fellow candidates are fighting about who would be the best president, and they fail to mention my name! They're scared of change, and only want the status quo! They talk about credentials, so let me share mine, I was a two term governor of a swing state, kept a balanced budget the entire time I was in office, and never stopped fighting for civil liberties! I know how to get things done, I know how to work across the aisle, and I'm not afraid to tackle the issues!

Sept. 15th:
Meet and Greet in Laconia, NH
Rally and Town Hall in Concord, NH
Fundraiser, Rally and Speech in Manchester, NH

It seems today that Republicans are too focused on involving America in foreign entanglements, rather that fixing the problems here at home. We need to get focused, get Osama Bin Laden, and then get out! Do the job we are supposed to do, and that is taking care of and defending the American people! No more skyrocketing deficits! Well defended borders! We have a chance to change the country's course of action, and together I know we can do it! Stand with me and live free!

Sept. 16th:
Town Hall in Derry, NH
Speech and Rally in Nashua, NH
Town Hall in Keene, NH

Excerpt from Town Hall:
Questioner:What would you say makes you most qualified to be president?
Johnson: Well, I would say my experience as Governor, I was able to work with both sides to balanced a budget every year, and I was willing to stand up for my principles. There was a reason they nicknamed me Governor Veto. As president I am sure I can work with both sides to get this country back on track.

Sept. 17th:
Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
Town Hall in Clinton, IA
Meet and Greet in DeWitt, IA
Meet and Greet in Eldridge, IA

Live Free! That's my campaign slogan, why? Because I believe in the principles of America, living life without the government tell you what to do! Of personal freedom, to homeschool, of religious freedom without persecution! Of Economic freedom, to be free of an oppressive income tax, to be free of high corporate taxes choking small business! Just look at my track record and you will see that I have consistently done this as Governor, and I will do so as president!

Sept. 18th:
Rally and Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
Meet and Greet in North Liberty, IA
Rally, fundraiser, and Campaign Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA

As Governor I practiced what I preached, small government. I vetoed more bills than all other governors combined! If you stand with me, we can bring true small government leadership to the White House. I am a fiscal conservative, and I can prove it thanks to my track record as governor!

Sept. 19th:
Rally and Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
Rally and Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Fort Dodge, IA

Sept. 20th:
Rally and Town Hall in Ames, IA
Rally, Fundraiser, and Campaign Speech in Des Moines, IA
Rally and Town Hall in Council Bluffs, IA

I am the true conservative of this race! I am the only candidate that will bring honor, integrity, and small government back to the White House! I have a vision of a brighter America! I know we can all work together, and under a Johnson administration we will tackle all the issues facing America! Let's stand up and fight the Washington insiders! Let's LIVE FREE!

Surrogates:

Fmr. Gov. Jesse Ventura:

As an Independent Governor I know how hard it is to work with both parties and get things done, but as Governor of New Mexico, Gary Johnson did both of those things. He is the man who is honest, and ready to shake things up in Washington, let's get behind him and Live Free!

Sept. 14th-Sept. 20th:

Campaign, GOTV, Barnstorm Iowa.

Rep. Ron Paul:

Governor Johnson is the candidate all conservatives should rally around! He is a true small government candidate, and the only one who I could imagine supporting. His experience as Governor, along with his track record leads me to believe he is America's chance for a real change.

Sept. 14th-Sept. 17th:
Running Moneybomb fundraisers for Johnson. (appointed as Fundraising Advisor)
Sept. 18th-20th:
Barnstorming and GOTV in New Hampshire.

Gov. Buddy Roemer:

Governor's are the one's most capable to be President, and Gary Johnson is the most capable governor running for President. He has experience, a proven track record, and the convictions of a tried and true conservative. Let's elect Gary Johnson!

Sept. 14th-Sept. 17th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Missouri
Sept. 18th-20th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in South Carolina

Fmr. Rep. Barry Goldwater Jr.

My Father ran for president in 1964, and lost to a man named Johnson, a big government democrat who led us into Vietnam. Now we republicans have a candidate named Johnson, one who stands for conservative ideals, and small government. Someone who my father would be proud to endorse. Johnson is the candidate with conservative credentials in a swing state, and the Republican party needs to get behind him. A candidate like Johnson does not come around often, and we as a party need him!

Sept. 14th-17th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in NH
Sept. 18th-20th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Arizona

Gary Johnson Press Release on Represent America:

As a presidential candidate, I proudly back the efforts of grassroots, and Represent America. We most definitely need electoral reform, in fact I would support instant runoff voting in all states for federal elections. I know we can work together to bring about sensible electoral reform.

Radio Ad from last week to run again this week

Press Release:
Johnson Moneybombs have broken records for the most contributions to a candidate in one day!
Recordbreaker: 4.2 Million in one day!
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2014, 03:42:03 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2014, 08:03:44 PM by MadmanMotley »

Sept. 21
Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Barnstorm in Ames, IA
Rally and Town Hall in Sioux City, IA

Sept. 22
Town Hall in Concord, NH
Interview with local new station
Rally/Fundraiser in Manchester, NH
Town Hall Debate in Nashua, NH

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"Absolutely, while President Bush has implemented policies he believes will work, I do not believe these policies will help the American people. Instead of spreading our forces thin throughout the world, we should bring the troops home and defend our own borders. If we have more military bases here in the United States, our security will be greatly increased, and we will be able to prevent future attacks."

"Well, in terms of a scenario, we should not be in there for five years like Secretary Rumsfeld has suggested. We thought Vietnam was going to be short term, but as we know, that was no short-term war. We don't need anymore of our fine young men and women coming back home in body-bags. I suggest a withdrawal of American forces immediately, with us getting completely out of Iraq in the next year. Our national security is only weakened by us being over there."
Sept. 23
Rally/Fundraiser in Nashua, NH
Town Hall in Dover, NH
Rally in Rochester, NH

Sept. 24
Meet and Greet in Laconia, NH
Town Hall in Lebanon, NH
Town Hall in Claremont, NH
Interview with Local News

Sept. 25
Rally/Fundraiser in Columbia, SC
Town Hall in Greenville, SC
Meet and Greet in Florence, SC
Town Hall Debate in Charleston, SC

To me, our most serious threat to our national security is our constant and massive presence overseas. We do not need over a hundred and thirty bases worldwide, a few strategic bases is acceptable, but not this massive overreach of the American military! This only costing taxpayer dollars, and our presence is causing unease among foreign nations. This hurts national security in that we are defending other countries' borders, and not our own!

"The PATRIOT act is a direct violation of our fourth amendment rights, this constant wiretapping will only cost taxpayer dollars, and will do nothing to help our national security. As Ben Franklin said, 'Anyone who gives up a little liberty for a little security, loses both and deserves neither.' This is just an overreach of the Federal Government, and should be immediately repealed.

Sept. 26
Rally/Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
Town Hall in Davenport, IA
Town Hall in Iowa City, IA
Barnstorm Cedar Rapids, IA

Sept. 27
Rally/Speech in Waterloo, IA
Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
Meet and Greet in Clinton, IA

Surrogates:

Rep. Ron Paul:

Sept. 20-23:
Fundraising/Moneybombs all week
Sept. 24:
Congressional Work
Sept. 25-27:
Barnstorming Iowa small towns

Gov. Ventura:

Sept. 20-23:
Barnstorming Iowa
Sept. 24-27:
Barnstorming New Hampshire

Fmr. Rep. Barry Goldwater Jr.

Sept. 20-27:
Barnstorming Arizona

Gov. Buddy Roemer

Sept. 20-27:
Barnstorming South Carolina

TV and Radio ad to run in the following states:

"There is one candidate with a vision, one candidate, who has the real experience needed to be president, who wants you to LIVE FREE. A two-term governor who kept his state in check, kept a balanced budget. A man who is willing to stand up and fight for what is right. We need a true leader in the White House. Vote to LIVE FREE, vote for Gary Johnson. (this ad has been approved by Gary Johnson."

MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2014, 10:13:17 PM »

Gary Johnson Press Release:
"Secretary Rumsfeld is right on this "growing up and stop arguing about who is the most conservative." And trust me, Rumsfeld and I don't exactly agree on every issue. We have bigger priorities, and we should have open debate on the issues, to show that where we all stand. It's the voters decision. However this constant bickering will not do any of us any favors. Let's be adults and be civil with one another."
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 09:32:42 PM »

Gary Johnson Debate Answers

The biggest difference between President Bush and I would be our tactics in foreign policy, we both agree that our national security after 9/11 was poor, however we have different ideas on how to better protect our country. We are very similar when it comes to taxes, lower taxes across the board, and we both have had experience governing a state.

As governor of New Mexico, I've had a lot of experience working with both sides of the aisle, and you can check my track record. In New Mexico, I managed to balance the budget every year, it didn't matter who was in the state legislature. Americans agree on things more than we disagree, and a lot of divisive national issues can be handled at the state and local levels. I am still a Republican, but I offer a lot that independents, and even Democrats want. I am a fighter for American beliefs, and the constitution, holding the federal government accountable, that is something that all Americans want.

My plan is simple, we train the Iraqi military, then get out of Iraq. Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11. We should make finding, and apprehending Osama Bin Laden our top priority, once we do that, we can get out of the Middle East. Our national security would be strengthened if our troops were here, rather than spread thin across the world.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 10:17:28 PM »

Sept. 28th:
Rally/Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, IA
Town Hall in Sioux City, IA
Town Hall in Storm Lake, IA
Barnstorming in Fort Dodge, IA

Sept. 29th:

Town Hall in Webster City, IA
Town Hall in Mason City, IA
Rally and Campaign Speech in Waterloo, IA

Sept. 30th:
Rally in Dubuque, IA
Meet and Greet in Maquoketa, IA
Town Hall in Clinton, IA
Rally in Davenport, IA

"We have a chance to shake things up! Take out the status quo! I represent a true change, and I'm ready to fight and make things happen! Don't believe me? Just look at my track record as governor of New Mexico! We need to be fiscally responsible, I'm the one in the race that can balance a budget!

Oct. 1st:
Barnstorm and Rally in Manchester, NH

Oct. 2nd:
Town Hall in Dover, NH
Meet and Greet and Barnstorming Somersworth, NH
Rally and Town Hall in Rochester, NH

Oct. 3rd:
Rally and Speech in Concord, NH
Meet and Greet in Franklin, NH
Town Hall in Laconia, NH

Oct. 4th:
Meet and Greet in Berlin, NH
Town Hall in Lebanon, NH
Meet and Greet in Claremont, NH

Surrogates:

Ron Paul and Jesse Ventura LIVE FREE Bus Tour:

Sept. 28th:
Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
Barnstorming in Moline, IA
Barnstorming in Muscatine, IA

Sept. 29th:

Barnstorming in Burlington, IA
Barnstorming in Mt. Pleasant, IA
Rally in Ottumwa, IA

Sept. 30th:
Rally in Oskaloosa, IA
Barnstorming in Knoxville, IA
Barnstorming in Indianola, IA
Rally in Des Moines, IA

Oct. 1st:
Rally/Fundraiser in Urbandale, IA
Barnstorm and Rally in Ankeny, IA
Barnstorming in Ames, IA

Oct. 2nd:
Barnstorming in Marshalltown, IA
Barnstorming Cedar Rapids, IA
Rally and Barnstorming in Marion, IA

Oct. 3rd:
Rally in Waterloo, IA
Barnstorming in Cedar Falls, IA
Barnstorming in Waverly, IA

Oct. 4th:
Barnstorming in Mason City, IA
Barnstorming in Algona, IA
Barnstorming in Spencer, IA

Buddy Roemer:

Barnstorming and Rallies for Gary Johnson throughout New Hampshire

Barry Goldwater:

Holding Rallies and Fundraisers for Gary Johnson in Arizona

Radio and TV ad to run in the following states:

It's time to make a change, time to shake things up, time for someone new. Gary Johnson isn't your usual candidate, unlike other candidates in the race, he has kept a budget in bipartisan state, he doesn't think that our soldiers should be dying in foreign lands. He's ready to take on all the challenges as president, and has the experience to back him up. A staunch supporter of civil liberties, unlike the other candidates, he will protect all your freedoms, not just the ones that are convenient. LIVE FREE and vote Gary Johnson.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 04:47:46 PM »

Dec. 7th:
Barnstorm and Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH

Dec. 8th:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Dover, NH
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Somersworth, NH
Rally and Barnstorming in Rochester, NH

Dec. 9th:
Rally in Lebanon, NH
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Claremont, NH

Dec. 10th:
Barnstorming and Rally in Franklin, NH
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Laconia, NH

Dec. 11th:
Rally and Campaign Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA

Dec. 12th:
Town Hall in Dubuque, IA
Rally and Barnstorm in Waterloo, IA
Rally and Campaign Speech in Ames, IA

Dec. 13th:
Rally in Sioux City

Surrogates:

Rep. Ron Paul:

Dec. 7th: Fundraising in New Hampshire
Dec. 8th: Congressional Duties
Dec. 9th: Barnstorming Iowa
Dec. 10th: Fundraising in Iowa
Dec. 12th: Meeting with Congressmen to support Gary Johnson
Dec. 13th: Attend Rallies with Johnson in Iowa

Fmr. Gov. Jesse Ventura:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 9th: Touring Iowa small towns for Johnson
Dec. 10th-Dec. 13th: Fundraising in Iowa

Fmr. Rep. Barry Goldwater Jr:

Dec. 7th-9th: Fundraising in Arizona
Dec. 10th-13th: Rallies for Johnson in Arizona

Fmr. Gov. Buddy Roemer:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 13th: Barnstorming and Rallies in Missouri

Clint Eastwood:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 10th: Fundraisers for Johnson in California
Dec. 11th-Dec. 13th: Rallies for Johnson in Iowa
Gary Johnson is the only guy in this race who has the guts to be president, a real Republican. You other candidates feeling lucky?

Fmr. Rep. Bob Barr:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 13th: Barnstorming and Rallies in South Carolina
Governor Johnson is the true conservative, who stands for economic freedom and is the champion of small business!

Fmr. Gov. William Weld:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 13th: Rallies and Barnstorm New Hampshire
Governor Johnson is the true candidate, one with conviction and experience. He is the right man to be president.

Drew Carey:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 13th: Fundraisers in California
Now, I'm not one for speeches, or the Republican party. But Governor Johnson is the only candidate that stands for true freedom in the United States.

Fmr. Rep. Joe Scarborough:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 13th: Barnstorming and Rallies in South Carolina
Governor Johnson is the only candidate our Republican party needs right now, he is the candidate that will lead the party to national success. Gary Johnson knows how to govern, and is the true future of the party, lets support Gary Johnson!

Economist and Reagan Adviser Paul Craig Roberts:

Dec. 7th-Dec. 9th: Rallies for Johnson in Iowa
Dec. 10th-Dec. 13th: Fundraising in Iowa
As adviser to Ronald Reagan, I was a strong proponent for the fiscal conservatism that led us through the 1980's. Governor Johnson is the only candidate with that drive, vision, leadership and principles to take us back to true fiscal conservatism!

TV and Radio Ad to run in the following states:

A candidate with proven leadership, a candidate that has proven that he is will to stand apart and do right. Not beholding to anyone but the people, ready to take on the real problems America faces. Gary Johnson is not just a Republican candidate for president, but the people's candidate for president. With endorsements from Independents and Republicans alike, he is the candidate that shows conviction, and will be a man of the people.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2014, 10:22:54 PM »

NRA AND GOA JOINTLY ENDORSE GARY JOHNSON
The NRA and GOA have looked at the records of all the candidates of this presidential race, and there is only one name that stands out, a candidate that will defend the Second Amendment. That candidate is Governor Gary Johnson, who has stood for the right to bear arms in New Mexico, and will do so as president.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2014, 07:01:00 PM »

Gary Johnson Surrogate Schedule and Debate Answers:

"The problem is TAXES, and government over regulating the manufacturing industry. We need to lower corporate taxes, our whole tax code is broken! We need better incentives to start a business, otherwise we are only going to see our jobs going overseas. We need an administration that will cut down the unneeded red tape that plagues businesses. A flat tax, a lower corporate tax, and less regulation will bring jobs."

"Do I support the Patriot Act? Absolutely not, it goes against the fourth amendment, and intrudes on the rights of Americans. If anyone else but the government was wiretapping, they'd be thrown in prison! The government should not be above the law! I care about the rights and liberties of Americans, and this does more harm to our security in the long run, as Ben Franklin said, 'He who gives up a little freedom for a little security, loses both and deserves neither.'"

"Well, I have multiple goals and plans that are available to read on my website, but for starters, eliminating the federal income tax and replacing it with a sales tax. This frees a lot of people up, especially their wallets! But my other platforms include eliminating the costly War on Drugs, which has failed in its goals! We've only seen drug use increase, especially among kids, and prison population rise. We need instead to regulate and heavily tax drugs like marijuana, increasing income as well as deterring use. I am also a big advocate for school choice and improving our education system. We need to repeal No Child Left Behind, and make school curriculum and regulations up to the local and state level. We don't need a massive federal beaucracy in charge of education.

Ron Paul:
Dec. 28th-Jan. 2nd - Moneybombs/Fundraisers
Jan. 3rd-Jan. 10th - Barnstorming Iowa

Jesse Ventura:
Dec. 28th-Jan. 10th - Rallies in Iowa

Buddy Roemer:
Dec. 28th-Jan. 10th - Holding NRA and GOA rallies in Iowa

Barry Goldwater Jr:

Dec. 28th-Jan 10th - Fundraisers and rallies in Arizona

Clint Eastwood:
Dec. 28th-Jan 10th - NRA and GOA rallies with Buddy Roemer in Iowa

Bob Barr:
Dec. 28th-Jan. 10th - Barnstorming Georgia

William Weld:

Dec. 28th-Jan. 10th - Barnstorming/Rallies in New Hampshire

Drew Carey:
Dec. 28th-Jan. 10th - Fundraisers in Iowa

Joe Scarborough:
Dec. 28th-Jan. 10th - Barnstorming and Rallies in Iowa

Paul Craig Roberts:

Dec. 28-Jan. 5th - Meeting with potential campaign donors
Jan. 6th-Jan. 10th - Fundraising
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2014, 07:39:36 PM »

GARY JOHNSON CAMPAIGN SCHEDULE:

Dec. 28th:
Local TV Interview
Barnstorm and Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH

Dec. 29th:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Dover, NH
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Somersworth, NH
Rally and Barnstorming in Rochester, NH

Dec. 30th:
Rally in Lebanon, NH
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Claremont, NH

Dec. 31st:
Barnstorming and Rally in Franklin, NH
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Laconia, NH

Jan. 1st:
Local media interview
Rally and Campaign Speech in Cedar Rapids, IA

Jan. 2nd:
Town Hall in Dubuque, IA

Jan. 3rd:
Rally in Sioux City, IA

Jan. 4th:

Barnstorm and Meet and Greet in Glenwood, IA
Barnstorm and Town Hall in Shenandoah, IA

Jan. 5th:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Red Oak, IA
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Clarinda, IA
Meet and Greet and Barnstorming in Creston, IA

Jan. 6th:
Meet and Greet in Osceola, IA
Meet and Greet and Town Hall in Leon, IA
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Corydon, IA

Jan. 7th:
Barnstorming and Meet and Greet in Centerville, IA
Barnstorming and Town Hall in Albia, IA
Rally and Speech in Ottumwa, IA

Jan. 8th:
Town Hall and Meet and Greet in Fairfield, IA
Town Hall in Mount Pleasant, IA
Rally and Campaign Speech in Burlington, IA

Jan. 9th:

Town Hall in Dubuque, IA

Jan. 10th:

Town Hall in Mediapolis, IA
Rally in Muscantine, IA
Rally/Fundraiser in Davenport, IA

TV and Radio Ad to run in the following states:

Gary Johnson worked his way through college, and became one of the largest business owners in New Mexico, with a standard of ethical behavior. As governor, he was something most politicians aren't, HONEST. He was elected twice in a state that votes 2-1 democratic. As governor he vetoed 750 bills, and cut taxes 14 times. Reduced the size of government through better management, not layoffs. He left office with a $1 billion dollar surplus. This is the man we need for president, a man with proven results.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2014, 10:53:25 PM »

Statement from Gary Johnson

I am saddened to hear about Senator Edward's illness, and would like to wish him a quick and safe recovery.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2014, 08:24:32 PM »

Jan. 11th:
Rally and Town Hall in Davenport, IA
Barnstorming and GOTV in Iowa City, IA
Town Hall in North Liberty, IA
Speech and Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA

We are at a crossroads, a time of choosing as Ronald Reagan would say. We have a chance to make the establishment shake at their heels! I am running not as a long-time Washington insider, but as a outsider, with a proven record! Let us make a difference Iowa! Come January 14th, and caucus to LIVE FREE!

Jan. 12th:
Barnstorming in Marion, IA
Barnstorming and GOTV in Vinton, IA
Rally in Waterloo, IA
Interview with local news media
Barnstorm and Speech in Cedar Falls, IA

Reporter:Governor Johnson, many are wondering what as President, what will you do for Iowa?

Johnson:I will enable Iowans to live free, by eliminating the income tax, and giving states and local governments the powers they are entitled to have. The federal government has taken too much power away from people, and centralized and bureaucratized the power that should be the people's. I want to free up education, among other things and give those powers to the states.

Jan. 13th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Iowa Falls, IA
Barnstorming and GOTV in Webster City, IA
Rally and Town Hall in Fort Dodge, IA

"We have a whole host of big government idealists here in Iowa, don't we? All these candidates that believe the federal government can solve our problems! But government isn't helping the problem, it has become the problem! I want to give back the power the federal government has taken away from local governments! Lets get our power back, and head out to the Caucuses tomorrow!"

Jan. 14th:
Barnstorming and GOTV in Storm Lake, IA
Barnstorming and GOTV in Cherokee, IA
Rally, GOTV and final speech after results in Sioux City, IA

Surrogates:

Ron Paul:
Jan. 11-14: Barnstorming and GOTV in Iowa Small Towns

Jesse Ventura and Clint Eastwood:
Jan. 11-14: NRA and GOA rallies for Johnson in Iowa

Barry Goldwater Jr.
Jan. 11-14: Rallies for Johnson in Iowa

Buddy Roemer:
Jan. 11-14: GOTV throughout Iowa

William Weld:
Jan. 11-14: Barnstorming New Hampshire

Joe Scarborough:
Jan. 11-14: Barnstorm and GOTV in Iowa

Paul Craig Roberts and Drew Carey:
Jan. 11-14: Fundraising

Bob Barr:
Jan. 11-14: Rallies for Johnson in Iowa

Media Blitz (Newpapers, Radio, Local TV) in Iowa on NRA, GOA endorsements and LIVE FREE message.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2014, 09:16:19 PM »

I've had a bad computer crash, so I'm posting this from my phone. Gary Johnson and all his surrogates are campaigning (barnstorming, GOTV, and rallies, interviews with local media, etc.) through New Hampshire. Also running radio ads promoting the campaign slogan LIVE FREE. Sorry about this, I would have had a schedule up.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2014, 11:04:21 PM »

Gary Johnson TV and Radio Ad:
Ad to run in following states:

Experience. Conviction. Integrity. Track-Record. Do you want someone with no executive experience? Or someone who knows what is like to take on the tough issues in a divided congress? Ready for real experience and change? Want someone who is willing to take on the establishment? Ready for a credible candidate? Well then you're ready for Gary Johnson, two-term governor, who balanced the budget every year with a divided congress. The conviction to stand up for his principles. Gary Johnson is the candidate to lead.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #19 on: May 03, 2014, 06:03:33 PM »
« Edited: May 03, 2014, 06:19:06 PM by MadmanMotley »

Jan. 28th:

Rally and Speech in Tucson, AZ with Barry Goldwater Jr.
Town Hall and Fundraiser in Casa Grande, AZ with Barry Goldwater Jr.
Interview with NBC
Rally/Fundraiser/Speech in Mesa, AZ with Barry Goldwater Jr.

Jan. 29th:

Barnstorming/GOTV in Phoenix, AZ with Barry Goldwater Jr.
Town Hall and Barnstorming in Glendale, AZ with Barry Goldwater Jr.
Interview with local radio and TV stations
Town Hall and Rally/Speech in Yuma, AZ with Barry Goldwater Jr.

Jan. 30th:

Town Hall and GOTV in Lake Havsu City, AZ with Barry Goldwater Jr.
Town Hall and barnstorm in Prescott, AZ with Barry Goldwater Jr.
Barnstorm and GOTV in Prescott Valley, AZ with Barry Goldwater Jr.
Town Hall and Barnstorm in Payson, AZ with Barry Goldwater Jr.

Jan. 31st:

Rally and Speech in Fargo, ND with Larry Pressler
Town Hall and Barnstorm Valley City, ND  with Larry Pressler
Rally and Barnstorm Bismarck, ND with Larry Pressler
Town Hall in Dickinson, ND with Larry Pressler

Feb. 1st:

Rally and Barnstorm Minot, ND with Larry Pressler
Town Hall in Devils Lake, ND with Larry Pressler
Rally and Speech in Grand Forks, ND with Larry Pressler
Barnstorm Fargo, ND with Larry Pressler

Feb. 2nd:

Rally and Barnstorm Tulsa, OK with Buddy Roemer
Town Hall in Broken Arrow, OK with Buddy Roemer
Town Hall and Barnstorm in Muskogee, OK with Buddy Roemer
Rally in Edmond, OK with Buddy Roemer

Feb. 3rd:

Rally and Barnstorm Oklahoma City, OK with Buddy Roemer
Barnstorm and GOTV in Norman, OK with Buddy Roemer
Barnstorm and GOTV in Lawton, OK with Buddy Roemer
Victory Speech in Santa Fe, NM

Surrogates:
Ron Paul:
Jan 28-Feb 3rd: Barnstorming North Dakota

Jesse Ventura:

Jan 28-31: Rallies and Barnstorming Washington
Feb 1-3: Barnstorming ND

Barry Goldwater Jr.Sad
Jan 28-30: See Schedule
Jan 31-Feb 3: Barnstorming and Fundraising in Arizona

Larry Pressler:
Jan 28-30: Fundraising
Jan 31-Feb 1: See Schedule
Feb 2-3: Barnstorming North Dakota

Buddy Roemer:

Jan. 28-Feb 1: Barnstorming in South Carolina
Feb. 2-3: See Schedule

Drew Carey:
Jan. 28-Feb 3: Fundraising in California

Clint Eastwood:

Jan. 28-31: NRA rallies in Oklahoma
Feb. 1-3: Barnstorming Arizona

Joe Scarborough:

Jan. 28-Feb. 3: Barnstorming South Carolina

William Weld:
Jan. 28-Feb. 3: Barnstorming Arizona

Bob Barr:

Jan. 28-Feb. 3: Barnstorming and Rallies in South Carolina

Warren Rudman:
Jan. 28-Feb. 3rd: Barnstorming North Dakota
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2014, 08:24:24 PM »

OOC: Sorry for not having things up sooner, busy with finals week.

Johnson Debate Answers:

Obviously I describe myself as a conservative first, the Republican party is a big tent, and encompasses many thoughts and ideas. My thoughts and ideas are not the same as the other two candidates on the stage, but we are all Republicans. As governor I had to work together with both parties to get done what was best for my state. That is how I will govern as president, I will work with both parties for what is best with America.

The war on drugs has not been successful, our drug rates and those incarcerated for drug crimes has only gone up. The war on drugs is costly and ineffective, I do not want our kids addicted to drugs, but also do not want a small mistake when they are young to follow them through the rest of their lives. What we need to do, through a slow process is nationally regulate, decriminalize, legalize, and tax these drugs. With this income we can afford to show the harm that these drugs can do. Instead of making criminals out of addicts, we should be rehabilitating them.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2014, 10:36:50 AM »

Gary Johnson TV and Radio Ad:
To be played in the following states:

A man with conviction, a man who is honest, has integrity, and conviction. As governor of New Mexico he balanced the budget every year. We need a man who knows how to get things done, without sacrificing his conservative principles. As president he will balance the budget, and end frivolous programs that are detrimental to this nation. A man with proven results and conviction, vote for a true conservative, vote for Gary Johnson.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2014, 05:23:44 PM »

Feb. 4th:
Kick off campaign tour of Washington with Rally in Seattle
Organize volunteer campaigners
Town Hall and GOTV in Bellevue, WA
Barnstorm and GOTV in Burien, WA
Campaign Rally and Speech in Renton, WA

I'm in this race to make a difference, I'm not the establishment candidate, I do not represent the status quo, I'm here because we need an effective leader with proven results, AND convictions that they are not willing to give up. I'm that leader, I have proven results as governor of New Mexico, now let me prove it to you as your president.

Feb. 5th:
Town Hall and Rally in Kent, WA
Town Hall and GOTV in Federal Way, WA
Interview with local news stations
Campaign Rally and GOTV in Tacoma, WA

Feb. 6th:
Rally and GOTV in Lakewood, WA
Town Hall and GOTV in Lacey, WA
Barnstorm and GOTV in Longview, WA
Rally and Speech in Vancouver, WA

Feb. 7th:
Town Hall and Barnstorm Yakima, WA
Rally and GOTV in Kennewick, WA
Town Hall and GOTV in Walla, Walla, WA
Rally and Speech in Spokane, WA

Feb. 8th:
Barnstorm and GOTV in Moses Lake, WA
Barnstorm and GOTV in Wenatchee, WA
Barnstorm and GOTV in Marysville, WA
Rally and Speech in Everett, WA

Surrogates:

Ron Paul, Clint Eastwood, Jesse Ventura, Larry Pressler, and Buddy Roemer:
Feb 4th-7th: Barnstorming and holding rallies in Washington

William Weld, Warren Rudman, Bob Barr, and Joe Scarborough:
Feb. 4th-7th: Barnstorming and holding rallies in Michigan

Drew Carey, and Paul Craig Roberts:

Feb. 4th: Fundraising
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2014, 09:40:06 PM »

Gary Johnson Interview:
Interviewer: Governor Johnson, in his recent ad, Mayor Giuliani implied that you were untested in a crisis, do you have a response to that?

Johnson: (Chuckles) Well of course I do, while I agree that Mr. Giuliani handled the tragic events of 9/11 very well, that does not mean he's the only one qualified in a crisis. Not all crisis's  are the same. Mr. Giuliani as mayor did not have to deal with the aftereffects of 9/11 when it came to the organization of national security and foreign policy. That is the type of experience we need, organizational leadership, and the ability to manage. I did that as a business owner, I did that as governor, and I'll do that as president.

Interviewer: Some republicans claim that you are in this race to make a statement, not actually win, what do you have to say to them?

Johnson: Well, I'd say to them that I'm completely in this to win it, and it's not just to make a statement, but to make an actual change.

Interviewer: What kind of change?

Johnson: A change in the party, we have to understand that we need to reach out to those that don't typically vote republican. The younger vote is continually slipping away, and no recent candidate has gotten over 15% of the African-American vote. We need to go to them, not the other way around. We need to promote our policies and explain why we support them, we need to stop making criminals out of drug addicts and start rehabilitating them. We need to stop sending our young people off to wars that don't need to be fought. I'm in this race to reform America, to make it stronger than ever.

Interviewer: Is there anything you want to leave with the audience?

Johnson: Yes, I want to remind everyone that all my plans for prosperity are on my website. I want everyone to be able to live free, and that is what a true conservative wants. I have the experience and convictions to be president, and I am electable. They called Ronald Reagan unelectable, he was "too conservative to win" but instead he won elections twice in a landslide. We have a chance to shake up the political system and make real change, so I ask for your help in this campaign, and your vote in the primary and this November.
MadmanMotley
Bmotley
United States

Political Matrix

P
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2014, 10:36:35 PM »

Gary Johnson Press Release:

The Johnson campaign would ask Mr. Giuliani that he request on his behalf that the International Association of Fire Fighters retract their ad. It seems unprofessional to not have a handle on the ads that go out on their behalf.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies