2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:57:39 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154341 times)
Potus
Potus2036

« on: March 28, 2014, 11:16:34 PM »
« edited: March 28, 2014, 11:41:17 PM by Assemblyman Riley Keaton »

Bill Owens For President
Believe In America.

Speech In Denver, Colorado-

My fellow Americans,

These are turbulent times that we live in. The threat of terrorism looms large on the horizon, while closer to home a single mom can't put food on the table. While we fight the good fight to bring education and build roads in the Middle East, we are faced with crumbling bridges and crippling test scores. But we do not falter, we do not complain, we do not ask "Where's ours?" Why? Because we are the greatest country in the world and I know that we can rise to the challenge and help not only our citizens, but families around the world.

During my time as Governor, we have enacted polices that put us on a longterm path towards growth, opportunity, and prosperity. We've given tax relief to millions of working families by cutting sales taxes. We've spurred on growth by encouraging investment and increasing your take home pay. My administration passed a smart infrastructure program that is just about to finish up. We've rebuilt our roads and bridges in less than five years while still coming in under budget. I believe that the Colorado success story should be taken to the next level.

While I laud President Bush's efforts on education, we did not go far enough. Through No Child Left Behind, we've given every parent a chance to know how their child's school is performing. As President, I will be ready to take that to the next level. Let's finish education reform by giving every child the opportunity to succeed, no matter their zip code or the color of their skin.

I believe that America is the greatest country to ever exist and I am blessed to be a part of it. Our mission in the Middle East is a vital one, but I fear that we have strayed from it. Our effort to combat terrorism is fought with intelligence and drones, not thousands of troops on the ground. Our efforts at building a brighter tomorrow for a broken and poor part of the world is a noble goal and I believe that we can accomplish it. But it will require a problem solver's approach and different leadership. I am ready to be the source of that leadership.

It is the goodness of our hearts that will vote in this election. We will vote to be a defender of human rights abroad, a creator of prosperity at home, and a force for good in our hearts. I will not only continue, but also increase, President Bush's faith-based initiative program. Our communities are one of our greatest assets. Let's use them to make America great in a time of adversity.

My fellow Americans, this is what we have done and, as we cross this great country, I ask you to imagine what we *can* do. I believe that we can accomplish great things for good people. We can build a lasting prosperity that feeds the poor and urges on innovation. Together, we can bring forth a new age of American peace and uphold the promise to every man, woman, and child that if you work hard and think smart you can be successful. My fellow Americans, my name is Governor Bill Owens from Colorado. I believe in America. And I'm running for President.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 11:10:44 PM »

If we got a game thread up without any polling data or whatever so that the already-announced can start, that'd be great. Let anyone else hop in til the agreed upon start date.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:34:01 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2014, 03:35:52 PM by Assemblyman Riley Keaton »

Owens For President Tour

Schedule:

Sept. 7
-Tour Factory in Iowa, meet workers and shake hands
-Meet with local Republican activists, invite to dinner on Sept. 10th
-Barnstorm Des Moines suburbs, pass out invitations to dinner on Sept. 10th
-Speak to Des Moines University Student Government about civic engagement
-Speech in front of a different factory, distribute flyers to attendees and factory workers
-Organize Des Moines office

The Owens Plan to Rebuild American Factories flyer

As President, Governor Owens will:
     -Cut red tape that keeps companies from bringing jobs home
     -Enact a tax holiday for all new factories built in the US
     -Employer payroll tax holiday on new employees to encourage hiring
     -Provide factory workers with tax relief to make life easier for them and their families

In Colorado, Governor Owens provided tax relief to hardworking families by cutting sales taxes and income taxes. He helped families that live paycheck to check stretch that paycheck a bit farther. He made life easier on working families and spurred investment and growth by cutting taxes on investment. Bill Owens believes in American manufacturing. He believes in American prosperity.

Sept. 8
-Barnstorm rural Iowa, pass out campaign literature
-Interview will small-town newspaper on jobs and the economy
-Roundtable with rural Chambers of Commerce and small business owners
-Promote employer tax holiday aspect of manufacturing plan to business owners
-Make arrangements for business owners to be bused into Sept. 10 dinner
-Go live with TV ads

Restore
Bill, unemployed factory worker: You know, times are tough for factory workers like me. Not just here in Iowa, but across America. I lost my job a while ago when our plant shut down and I've been out of work ever since. I worry about my family and my kids' future. That's why I'm voting for Governor Bill Owens. He has a plan to put American manufacturing back on the right path. His plan will create jobs, lower taxes, and rebuild our manufacturing sector. I hope you'll help him by supporting him in our first in the nation caucuses.

Bill Owens: My name is Bill Owens and I approve this message.

Built This Country
Bill Owens: Hi, I'm Bill Owens and I'm running for President. This country was built on hard work and entrepreneurship. As governor of Colorado, I cut taxes, spurred economic growth, and made life better for middle class families. Our dedication and strong conservative principles built this country, and those are the things that will make us strong in the future. So, I'm asking for your support in the Iowa Caucuses. I'm Bill Owens, I'm running for President, and I approve this message.

Each ad is a $60,000 buy.

Sept. 9
-Barnstorming more of rural Iowa
-Speaking at crowded diners about rebuilding America
-Roundtable with more small business owners
-Mail out 600 invitations to Sept. 10th dinner
-Church with family at a large, but rural church, stay for a bit and chat with people
-Turn in early so the Governor is well rested for the 10th

Sept. 10
-Late rise
-Rally growing number of volunteers at Des Moines office
-Phone calls to targeted primary voters
-Conference call with big donors from Texas, California, New York
-Lunch with volunteers
-More phone calls
-Nap before dinner
-Dinner.

Event: Bill Owens for President Launch Event
Attendance: 1,200 people
Meal: Chicken, mashed potatoes, green beans, etc.
Keynote: Governor Owens

Excerpt from keynote:

"[...] In this room, my friends, is an assembly of patriots. We love our country. We want our country to be strong. Strong economically, militarily, and morally. That is what our common interest is. I believe that my new strategy abroad, my economic plan at home, and my strong conservative convictions make me the best candidate for the job of keeping our country great. I hope that you all will support me as we go forward with our positive conservative vision of America.[...]"

Sept. 11
-9/11 Memorial Service
-Speak at local community group
-Speak to charitable board about faith-based initiative
-Meeting with new volunteers after previous night's dinner
-Memorial Service

Excerpt from  "Why I am Supporting Owens"
[...] When I heard Governor Owens speak, I knew that he could do what was right for families here in Iowa and all across America. We don't need some tax and spend liberal getting elected in the fall and if there is one thing that Bill Owens convinced me of last night it's not just that he's a solid conservative. I think he can beat them, too. [...]

Sept. 12
-Fly to Manchester
-Barnstorm Manchester and suburbs
-Roundtable with small business owners
-Speak at a campaign event on jobs and the economy

Excerpt from Event Speech
"New Hampshire can consider itself lucky. You all don't have to deal with a sales taxes or state income tax. But the majority of the country is not so fortunate. In Colorado, I worked to cut taxes for middle class families while continuing to devote ourselves to economic growth.

I've laid out a plan to rebuild American manufacturing. This plan is reliant as well on the reconstruction of our roads and bridges. I believe that the federal government needs to get its house in order and put taxpayer dollars where they belong. I think we should commit ourselves to infrastructure, but not by raising taxes. We should be smart with our money to grow our economy and rebuild our infrastructure. [...]"

Sept. 13
-Church with family
-Visit 3 restaurants to mix with the Sunday crowd
-Day of rest

Infrastructure

Des Moines Office:
-Hire Full-Time Field Director for Iowa
-Purchase 25 phones with data-entry capability
-Hire 4 part time Regional Field Directors by dividing Iowa into quarters
-Collected over 100 hours of time-pledges(how much of their time they give us) from volunteers
-Purchased very large volume of targeting data
-Paid for focus groups to test two dozen ads, the next dozen to be released have been determined effective

Manchester Office:
-Hire Full-Time Field Director
-Purchase 10 phones with data-entry
-Hire Two Regional Field Directors, one for each Congressional District
-Focus grouped 4 successful ads
-Purchase huge volume of moderate quality targeting data

Augusta(Maine) Office:
-Hire Full Time Field Director
-Allocate $150,000 for Field Director to hire staff to out-organize opponents
-Purchase 10 phones w/out data entry
-Purchase small amount of high-value targeting data

Columbia Office:
-Set up $150,000 hiring budget for Field Director to start winning the state
-Work with local activists to build volunteer base
-Purchase 20 phones w/out data entry
-Purchase moderate volume of moderate quality targeting data

Reno Office:
-Allocate $150,000 for Field Director to hire staff to out-organize opponents
-Purchase 10 phones w/out data entry
-Purchase small amount of high-value targeting data

Campaign Finance Report:
-Small donors gave $200,000+
-Endorsers T. Boone Pickens and Bob Perry have bundled significant resources, contributed significant amounts themselves
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 04:18:43 PM »

Surrogate: Mitt Romney

Sept. 7
-Rallies across New Hampshire
-Court the Ripon Society
-Fly to Iowa
-Introduction before Manufacturing Speech

Sept. 8
-Work with Governor Owens
-Participate in the roundtable with small business
-Attend local Chamber of Commerce meeting
-Radio talk in support of Governor Owens

Sept. 9
-Travel to major donors in New York, California
-Cocktail circuit, invite donors to the Sept. 10th function

Sept. 10
-Day being Governor
-Introduction at Dinner

Sept. 11
-Day being Governor

Sept. 12
-Barnstorming New Hampshire, talking up Owens
-Use targeting data to go barnstorm "Lean Giuliani" precincts

Sept. 13
-Service with Ann and the boys
-Spend the day on the trail promoting Owens
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 10:15:06 PM »

The Team
     Campaign Manager- David Kochel
     Press Secretary- Kevin Madden
     Research Director- Matt Rhoades
     Communications Director- Mark Mckinnon
     Pollster- Frank Luntz

Madden's first presser:

Madden:
     Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. I'm Kevin Madden and I have a feeling that we'll be getting to know each other much better on the road to November and beyond. I would first like to say that following the dinner on September the 10th, Governor Owens is inviting all of you to an off-the-record after-party. I will be organizing the event and providing entertainment. Alright, I'll deliver the rest of my spiel after I take a couple questions.

Reporter:
    Kevin, recently an article has been floating around that big conservative donors are still shopping around and are encouraging Senator Allen of Virginia to get in. Any comment?

Madden:
    Conservatives have their candidate. They've got a candidate that fights for a new path to peace and a stronger America. The candidate that will make us morally, economically, and militarily strong in this race is Bill Owens. Conservatives have their guy. And this idea that donors aren't backing anyone is flat out wrong. Two major donors from Texas, Bush donors, are backing Governor Owens. Conservatives, and donors, have spoken. Bill Owens is their guy.

Reporter:
     Kevin, Mayor Giuliani, in his Deering speech, was talking about education. I'll read you the quote, "Our teacher are the backbone of our nation. They education of children and build the foundation for the next generation of Americans." Kevin, I have a degree in journalism, a minor in English. I know gibberish when I see it. Do you care to comment?

Madden:
     No, ma'am, the Mayor's words speak for themselves and I encourage the press to exert their freedoms and make sure they let those words speak. Next.

Reporter:
     Kevin, your campaign has failed to open an office in Washington DC. Donald Rumsfield opened one. Do you think that gives him a leg up in securing endorsements and fundraising from within the Beltway?

Madden:
     Absolutely not. People don't want their future President to be bogged down in the partisan wreck that is Washington DC. Governor Owens is proud to run on his record and his vision for America. We don't need career politicians and the Beltway to make that happen. Next. [...]
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 03:16:41 AM »

Reporter:
     Kevin, Mayor Giuliani, in his Deering speech, was talking about education. I'll read you the quote, "Our teacher are the backbone of our nation. They education of children and build the foundation for the next generation of Americans." Kevin, I have a degree in journalism, a minor in English. I know gibberish when I see it. Do you care to comment?

Madden:
     No, ma'am, the Mayor's words speak for themselves and I encourage the press to exert their freedoms and make sure they let those words speak. Next.

So that's how you want to play this...

I thought you were trying to do that? I thought you were trying to have a "Is our children learning?" Thing. Sorry if it was jump a couple typos!
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 04:01:56 AM »

I wouldn't object if you were to start a few turns in and you became the "Late Entry" like Rick Perry.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 06:41:14 AM »

So, polls and whatnot?
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 10:44:09 AM »

Owens For President

To Email List:

Friends,
     Our fight is the good fight. Polls are showing us ahead in Iowa and South Carolina by a sizable number. In New Hampshire, a state that many thought we should write off, we're within the margin of error. This campaign has been a wild success because of solid support from patriots like you.

Our message of a strong military, a strong economy, and strong values is resonating with voters all over the country. We're speaking to the Rust Belt about rebuilding American Manufacturing. We're talking to middle class families about how they're going to be able to retire. Those in poverty are listening to us because we're talking about their grocery bill and giving their children a shot at the American Dream.

Keep up the good work, friends. We're gonna win this thing.
                                                     -Bill

Sept. 14
-Barnstorm Nashua and suburbs
-Rally with Romney and local activists
-Speak to Hillsborough County Chamber Of Commerce w/Q&A
-Radio Ads Launch in New Hampshire

Excerpt From Speech to Hillsborough Chamber
"[...] The Chamber of Commerce has endorsed my campaign for president. I was greatly honored to accept that endorsement because business and the entrepreneurial spirit built this country. When I talk about traditional values, I also include entrepreneurship and capitalism among those values. I would encourage all of you to volunteer in the campaign and maybe even donate. We can't defend those values without your support. [...]"

Small Business
Owens:  Hi, I'm Bill Owens, candidate for President. Small businesses are the heart of the American economy. That's why, as Governor, I worked to cut taxes on small businesses and their employees. We cut the sales tax to help workers out with their grocery bills. We cut the income tax so that small businesses could hire more workers and grow their companies. I'm running for President to do the same thing. By building up small business, we can make our economy work for everyone and enter a new age of American prosperity. I'm Governor Bill Owens and I approve this message.

Strength
Romney: This century demands strong American leadership. From the growing threat of China to the wars in the Middle East, the next President will be responsible for providing solid direction for a nation at war. I believe that Governor Bill Owens is that man. When I look at his record in Colorado, I have no doubt that he is ready to restore the American economy to greatness and turn around the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. That's why I, Mitt Romney the Governor of Massachusetts, endorse Governor Owens for President.
*approval*

Sept. 15
-Economic stump speech with Romney
-Phone banking with volunteers
-Private equity fundraiser w/Romney
-Town hall in Nashua

Sept. 16
-Fly to Columbia, SC
-Announce Perry Endorsement
-Barnstorm Columbia and Suburbs
-Speak with local Chamber of Commerce
-Church with family and Perry family

Perry Endorsement
"In my time as Governor of Texas, I've implemented a lot of the same policies that Governor Owens has accomplished next door. I know that Governor Owens is a defender of economic growth and individual freedom because of those policies.

Bill has upheld the values of not only fiscal conservatism, but also social conservatism. Governor Owens is a defender of the right to life and will fight to overturn Roe v. Wade as President. The issue of life is one of the most pressing moral challenges of our time. Owens is on the right side of that issue. As a supporter of the Second Amendment, I believe that Bill Owens should be our next President. Upholding our constitutional right to life and our right to bear arms is a must for the Republican nominee in 2004.

I'd also like to remind the voters of Iowa, New Hampshire, and South Carolina how important their votes are when it comes to who we have running in the fall. Every single Democrat running is against your constitutional rights to bear arms, they're against the rights of the unborn, they're against balancing the budget, they're against your rights to religious freedom, and they're against the fundamental values that made this country great.

2004 is an election that matters. Who do you want going up against the new, far-left Democratic Party in the fall? Don't nominate someone who agrees with them on half the issues. Don't nominate someone that can't win.  Bill Owens is the guy we want running. Bill Owens is a solid conservative and a winner. That's why I'm endorsing him."

Sept. 17
-Speaking at BBQ for supporters
-Spend time with volunteers at Columbia Office
-Barnstorm Columbia with Perry
-Discussion with Right To Life Committee w/Perry introducing (Seeking endorsement)

Excerpt from Right To Life Discussion

Attendee: Governor Owens, the Democrats are trying their best to go after Republicans on the issue of life. That makes it hard for elected officials to do a lot on behalf of the cause. What will you do, within the executive branch, to stand up for the value of life?

Owens: Great question. There are some people within our party that want to play politics with the issue of life. I'm not one of them. As President, I'm going to enforce the Mexico City Policy that prevents US money from being used to fund abortions all over the world. I'm also going to support a ban on public dollars for abortion. I'm not going to play politics with this issue.

A Different Attendee: Governor, when you say there are people who wish to play politics with the issue of life, are you referring to Mayor Giuliani who is an avowed supporter of abortion?

Owens: *chuckles*, when I make a statement about people within our party supporting something, I'm very rarely referring to one specific individual. But, to answer your question, yes. Mayor Giuliani does come to mind.

Sept. 18
-Bus to Charleston w/Perry, stop and barnstorm along way
-Stump speech in Charleston
-Meeting with Senator Lindsey Graham(Seeking Endorsement)
-Townhall-style rally with undecided voters

Sept. 19
-Fly to Dallas, Texas w/Perry
-Meeting with T. Boone Pickens and Bob Perry.
-Megafundraiser organized by Pickens and B. Perry.
-Private Q&A with donors

OWENS FUNDRAISER SEES 2.2 MILLION IN CONTRIBUTIONS

Sept. 20
-Overnight flight to New Hampshire
-Church with family and Romney Family in the morning
-Visit Restaurants
-Phone bank with volunteers

Surrogates

Mitt

Sept. 14
-Covered in main schedule

Sept. 15

Sept. 16
-Be Governor
-Fly to Utah
-Meeting with Republican Officeholders seeking endorsements
-Visit Mormon groups, seek support

Sept. 17
-Meetings with Mormon groups and GOP officials in Nevada
-Tour rural Nevada talking about leadership
-Fly home to Massachusetts

Sept. 18
-Be Governor
-Head to Wolfesboro, NH to recruit volunteers, meet with activists

Sept. 19
-Meeting in New York with bundlers
-Schedule tour to support GOP candidates across the country
-Raise money for outside groups

Sept. 20

Rick

Sept. 14
-Spend time with Christian Broadcasting Network executives
-Court Pat Robertson's endorsement
-Talk with Bob Van Der Plaats in Iowa

Sept. 15
-Speak to Americans for Tax Reform in Iowa
-Private dinner with Grover Norquist, seek support

Sept. 16

Sept. 17

Sept. 18

Sept. 19
-Skip Q&A, go be Governor

Sept. 20
-Fly to Charleston, SC
-Tour rural South Carolina
-Meet with Mark Sanford(endorse the winner of your primary)

Infrastructure

Des Moines Office:
-Reached 1,500 likely GOP caucus-goers by phone call
-Collected $20,000 in background donations
-Organized door-to-door campaign that reached 900 likely caucus-goers
-Gathered survey data from door-to-door campaign and loaded into database

Manchester Office:
-Reached 2,000 registered GOP voters by phone
-Collected $7,000 in background donations
-Recruited 150 volunteers through phone
-Launched door-to-door campaign that reached 500 likely primary voters
-Sent out mailer to GOP-leaning independents about sales tax cut

Augusta(Maine) Office:
-Reached 1,000 registered Republicans by phone
-Collected $10,000 in background donations
-Recruitment calls made for 100 new volunteers
-Mailer to registered Republicans on jobs plan

Columbia Office:
-Upgrade to data-entry phones
-Made 2,500 voter contact by phone
-Collected $10,000 in background fundraising
-Targeted 1,000 somewhat likely GOP voters in door-to-door campaign

Reno Office:
-Organize massive, Romney-driven door-to-door operation
-Reached 10,000 registered Republicans in door-to-door army
-Volunteer recruitment calls to the 10,000 reached voters
-Raised $4,000 in background fundraising
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 10:47:02 AM »

Coalitions Launched

Women For Owens
Women's outreach program in charge of interfacing with Republican Women's groups across the country. Rents a floor of the Des Moines office

Christians For Owens
Faith-based outreach with Perry as its leader. Working to mobilize Bush Evangelical supporters to elect Owens in the primary. Rents floor in Des Moines office. Office space in the Columbia office.

Students for Owens
Youth outreach for Governor Owens. Campus chapters established at 3 schools in Iowa, 2 in New Hampshire, 4 in South Carolina, 1 in Nevada, 10 others around the country. Campus Chapters are currently organizing a national meet-up of leadership at Romney home in Wolfesboro. The Romney boys leading the charge.

Vets for Owens
Veterans outreach on behalf of the Governor. Office space is the Augusta office. Focusing on national security and leadership issues.

Military Families for Owens
Outreach to military families. Focusing on "turning around" the wars and providing strong leadership. Office space at every campaign office.

The Chamber
The Chamber of Commerce will be running ads on behalf of Governor Owens. They are independent of the campaign. They do not follow the campaign message. They'll talk about what they want to talk about.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 10:56:44 AM »
« Edited: April 02, 2014, 10:58:20 AM by Assemblyman Riley Keaton »

Celebrating Ames                            Celebrating Ames                    Celebrating Ames                             Celebrating Ames                         Celebrating Ames

"Thank you!....Thank you!.....Thank you!......Friends, it's great to be in Iowa! *cheers* We won this one! *cheers*

Friends, today we saw the people of Iowa confirm what they want in a nominee. They want someone who is a solid conservative, someone with executive experience, and someone that can win. Together, Iowa, we're going to reinvigorate the American economy, guide the United Sates through a difficult time, and stand up for strong values. That's the duty that Iowa entrusted us with after the straw poll earlier.

Again, thank you all, enjoy the celebration!"
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2014, 11:08:41 AM »

What Ames Means For Republicans

excerpt from an editorial in the Des Moines Register

"Upon entering the race for the Republican nod, Governor Bill Owens was called a "dark horse." That perception changed quickly when two Texas megadonors put their wallet's wind in Owen's sails and Governors Mitt Romney and Rick Perry endorsed Owens. With a full war chest and two able lieutenants, Owens has effectively consolidated a power base that strikes a perfect balance between the grassroots and the so-called establishment.

Ames was a manifestation of that coalition. With Owens finishing with nearly a third of the vote and 7 points ahead of his nearest competitor, he demonstrated the power behind his coalition. He is now occupying what this author formerly proclaimed "the Allen Majority." Senator George Allen seems to be no longer needed as a unity figure since Governor Owens' "dark horse" candidacy has taken off.

With Owens in the top tier of the national polls and leading in 2 of the three first states, it makes you wonder. What is anyone going to do to beat him? Giuliani can run to his left, Buchanan and Rumsfield can try to run to his right. But the feeling this Iowan is getting, is that Owens has got this field locked up pretty tight."
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2014, 12:05:08 PM »

Campaign Ads:

TV: Terror
Running in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Wyoming, and South Carolina

Voiceover: The War On Terror demands strong leadership of the next president. Our wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are the right battles to fight, but we're not fighting them in the right way.

Romney: Bill Owens is a solid conservative who will make sure that our budget balances while still making sure our troops have what they need to fight terror.

Perry: Governor Owens also supports a surge in American troops and an expansion of our intelligence forces in the Middle East. Bill Owens is ready to be a powerful, smart commander-in-chief.

Owens: I'm Bill Owens and I approve this message.

Radio: Education

Woman's Voiceover: Governor Bill Owens is dedicated to reforming our schools. He supports paying teachers based on how well they serve our kids and making sure that parents have a choice in what school we send our kids to. Bill Owens cares about students and parents and he's ready to fight for education reform.

Radio: Janine

Voiceover: Hi, my name is Janine. I'm a single mom working two jobs and Bill Owens is my governor. Governor Owens is now running for President and I'm proud to vote for him. In Colorado, he cut the sales and income taxes to make life easier on me and my kids. He's also worked hard to improve Colorado schools. I'm proud of my governor, I hope you vote for him to be our next President.

Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2014, 08:48:57 AM »

Surrogate: Elizabeth

Sept. 14
-Work DC Contacts for endorsements
-Fundraising remarks
-Meeting with Republican Women leaders

Sept. 15
-Announce Endorsement in Charleston
-Barnstorm military bases in South Carolina
-Be Senator

The Endorsement Speech
"*cheers as she walks onto the stage* Thank you, thank you...thank you so much. It is really great that I have a chance to be speaking to you this afternoon. It is such a great opportunity because I get the chance to speak on behalf of a true patriot. My friend, Governor Bill Owens, is a staunch conservative who is dedicated to traditional values, a strong national security, and our economic freedoms.

I'm really glad that Bill has taken the plunge and is running for President for two reasons. One, Bill is one of us. He's not some pro-abortion, New York liberal or someone who wants to surrender our role as leaders in the world. Bill's a true conservative. My second reason is that the Democratic candidates really do scare me. They scare me as a patriot, as a conservative, as a mother, and as American. Every single Democratic candidate in the running right now wants to destroy the right to bear arms and abolish the right to life. They all want to surrender our role in the world as leaders and surrender to the terrorists. They want to raise taxes and spend more and more and more, drowning our future in a sea of debt.

Bill is a true conservative who can win in the fall. He's not just someone I believe in as a person, he's someone with ideas. He's shown is conservative conscience by fighting for traditional values and lower taxes as governor. He's also shown his ability to work with the other side of the aisle by passing comprehensive transportation reform. This guy is a real leader.

I'm proud to be endorsing Governor Bill Owens for those reasons. I encourage my fellow Republicans, my fellow conservatives, and my fellow women to stand up and support Bill's fight to keep this country great. I believe in Bill Owens, I believe in America, and I hope you do too. Thank you!"

Sept. 16
-Barnstorm with Governor Owens and Governor Perry

Sept. 17
-Visit with Republican Women's groups in South Carolina
-Travel to Iowa for Americans for Tax Reform event
-Dinner with Governor Perry and Grover Norquist

Sept. 18
-Accompany Governor Owens and Governor Perry
-Fundraising calls to PAC's

Sept. 19
-Speak to Republican Women's groups in South Carolina
-Barnstorm rural South Carolina
-Talk to local GOP county committee meetings

Sept. 20
-Accompany Governor Perry
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2014, 09:34:02 AM »

Could we get General Election Matchup polling between all the candidates?
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2014, 12:49:41 PM »

Owens Campaign Press Release

Ames, IA- Coming off a resounding victory at the Ames Straw Poll, general election polling confirms what people have been saying. Governor Owens is an electable conservative who our party can get behind. The latest polling suggests that our message is a good one and the American people are ready to elect Governor Owens the next President of the United States.

Letter to the Editor in the Des Moines Register

"I've been active in politics a long time, especially here in Iowa. I've heard all kinds of arguments made in favor of this candidate and that candidate. I've never really heard those arguments made as well as they're being made about Governor Bill Owens.

I'm going to be a stereotypical Iowan Republican and criticize the guy that everyone says is "the most electable." The general election poll showed Owens down 1 against a popular Hillary Clinton and Giuliani tied. There is a 1 point difference between the Mayor and the Governor. Only one point.

So, I would like to ask the party this, is it worth selling the soul of the Republican Party for a one point difference in polling over a year out from the election? We can throw out our values on the issues of life, family, and character by endorsing a liberal lawyer from New York who will probably win the general election by a couple points. Or, we can stand by our values, fight the good fight, and win at the end of the day.

Governor Owens is perfectly electable. We just need to put this primary to rest and stop taking bids on the soul of the party. If we can do that, we'll be just fine."
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2014, 11:51:50 AM »

*Note: Not in anyway tied to the Owens Campaign, but Pickens and Perry are mine. I hope it's alright for me to sort of "write" for this organization since the leaders of it are my endorsers.*

Represent America

Represent America is an organization founded by grassroots activists who are passionate about reforming the Electoral College to reflect the people's will. The organization is establishing state chapters to gather petition signatures, rally support for electoral reform, and pressure states to adopt the proportional popular vote(PPV) method with their electors. Individuals from all over the political spectrum are joining the effort. Left-of-center activists are knocking on doors and long-time friends of the Republican Party, T. Boone Pickens and Bob Perry, are sorting out the infrastructural and fundraising concerns of the organization. Massachusetts Governor Mitt Romney is also campaigning for and support the organization.

Several state chapters are already operational at the time of launch. The top priority of the organization is to get electoral reform referendums on the ballot for the primary election. The following chapters are already active:

-Represent California
-Represent New York
-Represent Pennsylvania
-Represent Ohio
-Represent Minnesota
-Represent Washington

The largest petition so far is for Represent California. As with all Represent initiatives, the proposition will enact PPV electoral college seats in the 2004 Presidential Election. Represent California activists are already nearly 50% to their goal of ballot access.

A citizens lobbying wing of Represent Pennsylvania has convinced a handful of legislators to sponsor electoral reform before the 2004 Presidential Election. These legislators, 4 Republicans and 2 Democrats, are lobbying their colleagues to win support for the reform. The halls are bustling with citizens who want to make their voices heard and make sure their votes count at election time.

All other state chapters are following one of the two models, Represent Ohio is doing both. In many of these states, there is moderate traction for electoral reform. The movement is striking a nice populist tone that appeals to many on both sides of the aisle. The majority of the traction and national resources, however, can be found in blue states due to their progressive nature and want for reform.

Represent America, the national organization, is calling on all presidential candidates to publicly back the currently formed state chapters. The organization's members could play a pivotal role in the primaries of both parties. The organization is also very, very well funded and is prepared to air ads in support of electoral reform.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2014, 12:11:26 PM »

Owens Wants You Represented

Des Moines, IA- The Owens campaign is now endorsing the Represent America organization. Represent America is giving us the opportunity to cast an even more consequential vote. Meaningful electoral reform is something that people have always paid lip service to. Now, we have a chance to enact it in such a way that doesn't destabilize the country.

The Owens campaign will be in contact with Represent America about scheduling a couple rallies for the organization in their target states. Republicans have an interest in making sure the government has a responsibility to listen to the people. Republican in primary states where Represent America is working should sign the access petitions and vote in favor of the referendum.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2014, 02:56:25 PM »

An Offer For Vice President Gore

Represent America is extending an opportunity to Vice President Gore. To dispel rumors and the insinuations that this organization is partisan in nature, we are offering to launch Represent Tennessee with you at its head.

This organization is not about red states and blue states, but the United States. We hope that Vice President Gore takes us up on this offer.

Senator Edward's accusations about a partisan nature to the organization are false. Resources are limited and they are following the footsoldiers.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2014, 07:42:36 AM »

*Owens Campaign schedule will be out later. It takes a long while for me to write my schedules. *

Calling on Senator Edwards to Retract His Attack on Represent America

Senator Edwards came out in opposition to Represent America by attacking it as a partisan organization. A Vice President Gore has demonstrated, Represent America has no partisan leaning. Represent America's spokesman had this to say about the attack, "If this organization were in the business of playing politics with the electoral college, we'd be advocating for a congressional district style of apportionment with the winner of the most CD's getting the Senators. That's what the organization would like like if it had an interest in that sort of business."

The Proportional Popular Vote Method is the closest to electing-on-popular-vote we can get without a constitutional amendment. PPV distributes electors proportional to the percent of the vote each candidate received. The measure represents the will of the people better than a winner-take-all system.

Represent California has reached its ballot access requirements. PPV will be up for referendum with the primaries. The PPV method will be used to apportion electors for the 2004 Electoral College.

Represent New York has a bill that has passed committee is expected to be discussed on the floor shortly.

Represent America is calling on all of its supporters, grassroots and candidates, to pressure New York legislators to support the legislation and campaign for the referendum in California.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 06:39:34 PM »

Can we push the deadline to midnight?
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2014, 07:40:38 PM »

Schedule is being typed.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2014, 08:04:14 PM »

Owens For President

Sept. 21
-Meetings with Iowa Activists (recruitment)
-Roundtable with two Iowa papers
-Fundraising banquet in Ames
-Sit down interview with local access TV (biographical questions

Sept. 22
-Travel South Carolina, barnstorm rural areas
-Policy speech on Terrorism
-Barnstorm high-value GOP areas
-Rally in Charleston with thousands of supporters

Excerpt from terrorism speech:

President Bush has faced a grave threat during his first term. It is a threat that had laid in the darkness, planning and conniving to attack our great nation. Until, on September 11th of 2001, they revealed themselves. President Bush, a strong Republican leader, did not sit back and consider appeasement as the Democrats of today do. He plotted a strategy based on our understanding of the War on Terror as it stood on September Twelfth.

I propose to continue President Bush's strength while altering the Pentagon's strategy. I will listen to our generals and take their advice on our direction in the Middle East. However, I believe that we must have a surge of intelligence assets and launch a more ambitious attack on terrorist elements with drones and technology. We must say to the Pakistanis that you are either with us or against us. We will expand the horizons of the War on Terror through new intelligence tools and technological assets.

Surrender was not an option for President Bush. And it will not be an option for my administration."

Sept. 23
-Walk door-to-door in targeted GOP neighborhoods with volunteers in SC
-Volunteer pizza party
-Church at megachurch, speak on the importance of strong communities
-Barnstorm military bases

Sept. 24
-Barnstorm targeted independents in New Hampshire
-Speak at local Republican meeting in New Hampshire
-Knock on doors with volunteers
-Rally with volunteers and families

Sept. 25
-Barnstorm and invite people to dinner
-Target GOP voters, coordinate volunteers
-Knock on doors
-Speak at local small business
-Barbecue with supporters, relaxed atmosphere big attendance

Sept. 26
-Barnstorm and invite to town hall
-Phone invitations to townhall
-Go doorknocking for townhall invitations
-Townhall

Excerpt of Townhall:

Questioner: How do you propose the Republican Party builds a winning coalition for the future?

Owens: I believe in this country and this party. I believe our message is strong. My campaign is about projecting a strong, positive governing vision of this country. That's winning. My campaign in the fall will put historic effort into addressing the issues of poverty and crime that plague minority communities. As governor of a very Hispanic state, I tend to have a more compassionate view of immigration reform. Our party can win in the fall and win in the future.

Sept. 27
-Church in Iowa with family
-Church in South Carolina with family
-Rest
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2014, 08:04:58 PM »

Working on surrogates now.
Potus
Potus2036

« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2014, 08:10:38 PM »

Mitt

Sept. 21-24
-Be Governor

Sept. 25
-Barnstorm targeted New Hampshire voters
-Rally supporters
-Go knock on doors

Sept. 26
-Megafundraiser with private equity execs.

Sept. 27
-Church with family
-Mix with Sunday crowd

Rick

Sept. 21
-Barnstorm Iowa
-Meet with Evangelical leaders
-Talk with Family Leader staff

Sept. 22
-Work the big social conservative groups
-Sell immigration reform to conservatives, evangelicals

Sept. 23