2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 01:53:46 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154517 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« on: March 30, 2014, 12:46:20 PM »

I know NYE said he wanted to be Clinton, but if it's still free, I would like to have it.
If not, could I join in with Al Gore? (If Clinton is still free, please Clinton, though.)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 07:50:34 AM »
« Edited: March 31, 2014, 08:00:22 AM by TheCranberry »

Al Gore – “Here I stand, and I say to you – I’m again running for president!”

September 7th, Nashville, Tennessee:
Dear people of the United States, dear people of Tennessee! It is nice to see so much of you here gathered in this beautiful city! I stand here before you to address you, and all the other people of the United States. Eight years I’ve been able to help shape this country to a better place, on the side of the honoured gentleman Bill Clinton. Since three years now, however, I and many other concerned citizens have had a feeling, a feeling that this country is not going into the right direction! Many of you, I feel, have this same concern as me! I won’t talk today what would have changed had the people of Florida, and all the United States, decided otherwise. No, I will talk of other things. Here I stand, before the people of Nashville, of Tennessee, of the United States, and I say to you – I’m again running for president!”

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:37:44 AM »

Al Gore: September 7th to September 13th

AL '04 - CAMPAIGN STAFF
Chief of Staff: Ron Klain
Strategist: Michael Whouley
Spokesman: Ed Schultz
Chief Pollster: Charlie Cook

September 7th; Nashville, TN:
-   Campaign staff meeting
-   Meeting with Tennessee Democratic Donors
-   Declare Run in Centennial Park, Nashville
-   Open Meet and Greet in Centennial Park

September 8th; Nashville, TN:
-   Press conference with Michael Dukakis; Announcement of Endorsement
-   “A day with Al and Mike ”: Press accompanies Al as he shows Nashville to Dukakis
-   Fundraiser in Nashville with Michael Dukakis

Michael Dukakis: People of America, this is the man! I proudly endorse Al Gore; he was a competent Vice President, and surely will be a good president!

September 9th; Nashville, TN and Richmond, VA:
-   Meet and Greet in Nashville Campaign Office
-   Flight to Richmond, Meet with Virginia Democratic Donors
-   Press Conference in Richmond

September 10th; Richmond, VA and Philadelphia, PA:
-   Flight early in the morning to Philadelphia
-   Meet and Greet with dock and industrial workers in the Port Area
-   Meeting with Pennsylvania Democratic Donors
-   Open discussion over the course of the nation
-   Drive to New York in the night

September 11th; New York City, NY:
-   Attend 9/11 memorials at Ground Zero
-   Attend memorials in a New York Church
-   Fly to Cedar Rapids, Iowa

September 12th; Cedar Rapids, IA and Des Moines, IA:
-   Press conference in Cedar Rapids
-   Open Meet and Greet in Cedar Rapids
-   Drive to Des Moines

September 13th; Des Moines, IA:
-   Meeting with Iowa Democratic Donors
-   Private meeting with Gov Tom Vilsack
-   Open Discussion with Gov Vilsack and other prominent Iowa Democrats
-   Open Meet and Greet
-   Fundraiser in Des Moines

Campaign Offices:
-   Nashville, TN
-   Charleston, SC
-   Miami, FL
-   Richmond, VA
-   New York City, NY
-   Des Moines, IA
-   Manchester, NH
-   Detroit, MI

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2014, 09:34:45 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2014, 09:37:43 AM by TheCranberry »

Al Gore – Campaign Schedule September 14th to 20th, 2003

September 14th; Des Moines, IA and Sioux City, IA:
-   Town Hall in Des Moines
-   Opening of the Des Moines Office
-   Drive to Sioux Falls
-   “An Evening with Al” – Al visits Diners and Bars in Sioux Falls

September 15th; Sioux City, IA and Bridgeport, CT:
-   Rally in Sioux City
-   Flight to Bridgeport
-   Press conference with Joe Lieberman; Announcement of Endorsement
-   Fundraiser at a local dinner party

Joe Lieberman: 4 Years ago, I ran for vice-president at the side of this man. We lost, but it didn’t stop Al from trying again. This spirit, that when you fall, you stand up and try again; this spirit is typical to this great country, and I think no one lives more after this principle then Al Gore. This, folks, is one of the reasons I encourage to vote for this man, Al Gore.

September 16th; Bridgeport, CT and Manchester, NH:
-   Town Hall in Bridgeport with Joe Lieberman
-   Drive to Manchester, Stop somewhere in rural MA/NH
-   Official opening of Manchester office
-   Rally in Downtown Manchester
-   Fundraiser with New Hampshire Democrats

September 17th; Manchester, NH and Columbia, SC:
-   Town Hall in Manchester
-   Flight to Columbia
-   Rally in Downtown Columbia
-   Private Meeting with South Carolina Democrat Officials and Donors

September 18th; Columbia, SC and Charleston, SC:

-   Town Hall in Columbia
-   Drive to Charleston, Short stop somewhere in rural SC
-   Official opening of the Charleston office
-   Rally in Downtown Charleston

September 19th; Charleston, SC and Nashville, TN:
-   Town Hall in Charleston
-   Flight to Nashville
-   Meeting at the Nashville Office
-       Rally in Downtown Nashville
-   Night at home with family

September 20th; Des Moines, IA:
-   Flight to Des Moines
-   Town Hall in Des Moines
-   Meeting at the Des Moines Office
-   Rally in Downtown Des Moines with Indiana Senator Evan Bayhes

TV AD - AL IS RUNNING AGAIN
Running in Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada and South Carolina

Speaker: I want to present you a man you all know. He has been a Senator of Tennessee, a Vice-President for eight successful years, and the Democratic Party candidate in the 2000 election. He has always been a staunch advocate of the interests of all Americans, regardless of age, background and social status. This is a man who believes that every American should have equal chances in reaching their own American Dream. May I present you – AL GORE!
Al: I’m Al Gore, and with your help, I want to run for President!”
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2014, 09:39:50 AM »

AL GORE - Surrogate Schedule

Mike Dukakis:
-   September 14: Rally in Boston, MA
-   September 15: Rally in Concord, NH
-   September 16: Fundraiser in Boston, MA
-   September 18: Rally in Portsmouth, NH
-   September 20: Rally in Manchester, NH

Joe Lieberman:
-   September 15: Announcement of Endorsement
-   September 16: Town Hall with Al in Bridgeport, NH
-   September 17: Speech before Yale Students
-   September 18&19: Senate Duties
-   September 20: Fundraiser in Washington D.C.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2014, 07:07:48 AM »

Al Gore's Response to Represent America's offer

I have to admit, I myself was suspicious of Represent America at first, especially after Senator Edwards speech. But the response to it fully turned my opinion. While at first, the organisation truly was represented just in so called "blue states", while backed by Republicans; the same organisation also being represented in a so called "red state", my beautiful home state of Tennessee; and backed by many Democrats, including myself; one can now honestly say, this organisation represents all Americans, in blue and red states. I gladly accept your offer, and I want to give what I can to help build up Represent America in Tennessee.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2014, 10:37:05 AM »
« Edited: April 06, 2014, 07:05:44 AM by TheCranberry »

OOC: I'm also fine with the plan.

Al Gore – Campaign Schedule September 21st to 27th, 2003

September 21st – Iowa
-   Rally in Mason City, IA
-   Rally in Fort Dodge, IA
-   Rally in Waterloo, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Ames, IA

A movement has begun to rise in the last days, people of Iowa, of the United States, a movement that wants to put the power to elect the president fully to the people, and get one big step further away from our current, far too undemocratic system. All candidates for the 2004 Election, candidates who claim to support the people, be it Republicans or Democrats, are in favour of this movement, and I count myself proudly to this men and women. Yet, one candidate is missing in this list; he even spoke out against it openly and loudly. You all know I speak of Senator Edwards. He says he is a man of the people. Would a man of the people really oppose measures for the benefit of the people, measures the people broadly support?

September 22nd – Iowa
-   Rally in Iowa City, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
-   Rally in Burlington, IA

September 23rd – South Carolina

-   Rally and Fundraiser in Greenville, SC
-   Rally in Lexington, SC
-   Rally in Camden, SC
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Florence, SC

Y’all know me, don’t you? Well, I know the people of South Carolina, of the United State, as well. I know that we’re a proud nation, and damn, we can be proud. And I know that we are a hard-working nation, and we can proud of that, too. This has brought us so far; our spirit truly made us a great nation. A great nation however is always just as strong as the weakest part of this nation. I am here to tell you – I plan to make that weakest part of the nation stronger, thus to strengthen the nation as whole. We have seen where trickle-down economics have brought us, now it is the time for trickle-up economics. I, Al Gore, will always support measures to help the weak in our society, so they can live their American Dream. Know that, people of South Carolina, people of the United States.

September 24th – Arizona
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Tucson, AZ
-   Rally in Mesa, AZ
-   Rally in Glendale, AZ
-   Rally in Downtown Phoenix, AZ
-   Fundraiser in Phoenix

Arizona has faith in me or at least it looks like it in the polls. Sure, the race is crowed in the Grand Canyon state, but still, I finished second in the polls, just slightly behind Mrs Clinton. The message I heard of so many Arizonians, of so many Americans, however, tells us another story: Many of you adore Mrs Clinton, and that I can understand, I have had the pleasure to work with her for 8 years, and she has always been a wise, deliberate woman. Yet, she also supported so many measures of the Bush administration, while at the same time she says she will make a difference; that I find it hard to believe her. And I have heard that many of you feel the same.

September 25th – Missouri

-   Rally and Fundraiser in Kansas City, MO
-   Rally in Jefferson City, MO
-   Rally in Columbia, MO
-   Rally and Fundraiser in St Louis, MO

September 26th – Iowa

-   Rally in Creston, IA
-   Rally in Red Oak, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Sioux City, IA

September 27th – Iowa

-   Rally in Atlantic, IA
-   Rally and Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA
-   Rally in Newton, IA
-   Meeting in the Des Moines Office

I bet a lot of Iowans know me; after all I won here, four years ago. It was an intense and narrowly decided contest, but Iowa gave me its trust. I decided I would try to not lose that trust, whether I would win in the end or not and today I’m here and ask you – Does Iowa still trust me to be president? I’m here today to tell you, what I would do if Iowa gave me that trust again, next January and November. I am a man, who before all wants every American to have equal chances to fulfil their American Dream. This is my main principle, and I won’t go away for it, for no prize in this world – because this is for what Iowa gave my its trust. And I won’t lose this trust!

TV AD: AMERICA - A GREAT NATION

America is a great nation, a nation of entrepreneurs and employees, a nation of idealists and pragmatics, a nation of young and old, of male and female. Al Gore is the right choice for all of these groups, the right choice if YOU believe that America can do better, and if YOU believe that everyone should have the equal opportunity to do better. I’m Al Gore and I approve of this message.

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 07:16:52 AM »
« Edited: April 07, 2014, 10:28:01 AM by TheCranberry »

Al Gore - Surrogates

Michael Dukakis:

September 21st – September 27th
Rallies and GOTV throughout New Hampshire

Joe Lieberman:

September 21st – September 27th
Rallies and GOTV throughout New Hampshire, Maine and Connecticut

New Endorsements:

Center for American Progress:

“Al Gore is a man that has always fought for the advance and good of America. In many ways he has been a consistent and staunch advocate of the people, and therefore the Center for American Progress is very happy to endorse Al Gore.”

Evan Bayh

“I’ve had the pleasure to interact and discuss with this man, and after a thorough consider, I’m more than happy and eager to announce my endorsement for Al Gore. As congressmen, as a senator of Tennessee and as Vice President, he always was a man of the people, a man advocating and promoting only legislation that helped the people. This is the man, folks!”

September 21st – September 23th
Rallies and GOTV throughout Missouri and Iowa

September 24th
Meeting and Fundraiser with Indiana Democrats

September 25th – September 27th
Rallies and GOTV throughout Indiana and Iowa

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2014, 09:41:52 AM »

Oops. Well, that comes from not looking enough Tongue
I'll watch out for others, thanks for telling me.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 10:00:03 AM »

Al Gore Debate Answers:

"This election will likely focus a lot on national security, what experience do you have to make a credible case that you are well informed on the matters, if the eventual Republican nominee is Rudy Giuliani or Donald Rumsfeld?"
I have had eight years as Vice President, and with all due respect to all my fellow Democratic contenders, I think I am the most experienced and best prepared of them. I have committed a long time of my life to public service, and I think I can now say, that I have the experience in many fields to guide this nation. I acknowledge the accomplishments of Misters Giuliani and Rumsfeld, as well of my fellow democratic contenders, but nevertheless I think that I’m as capable as they in the fields of national security. My main priority would be to strengthen America’s position in this world, but through a different way than this current administration. I believe in talk, and I believe in compromise when it is the best way. Stretching our muscles, combined with war rhetoric, is not the best way to deal with a situation. I believe in negotiation and talk, and I believe that this is the way that will help America the most.

"What is your position on gun control?"
My main goal is and has always been to protect the American children, to give them a safe haven where they can flourish. It is no secret, that many children and adults were harmed, be it domestic violence, or open amok. It is no secret, that had these people not had guns and rifles, they couldn’t have harmed as much people as they had. Gun control maybe could have saved many lives. I however don’t want many adult, sane Americans, who could never harm another human being, to get stripped of their constitutional right to bear weapons. I believe we need more severe restrictions, for mentally affected persons as example, but I do certainly not want to strip others of their right and pleasure.

“Mr. Vice President, what can the United States do to tackle the issue of global warming?"
I know there are some, too many, who deny it, but Climate Change is happening; and it is our duty to stop it. There many ways, in which this is achievable. First and foremost, we will have to reduce our emissions. It is important, and if everyone reduces them just a little bit, it has such a great impact on the climate. Furthermore, we should fund alternative technologies, strengthen our energy independence through renewable energy sources like hydro- or solar power; and in the end, we will have to find alternatives to the fossil fuels, as they won’t be there forever. It is a long road that is ahead us, but together, we can accomplish that, and build a greener, more efficient and more beautiful America.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2014, 07:25:29 AM »

OOC: I'm sorry, but I won't have the time to finish my schedule today. Can you please move the deadline to Saturday, 10pm?

Reserved for Schedule
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2014, 07:13:16 AM »

OOC: I know it's been long since I last played, but NHI has allowed me to pop in again as Al Gore:

Press Conference by former Vice President Al Gore in Memphis, Tennessee:
You all know that I hav backed Senator Edwards as my candidate for the presidency. I have done this for numerous reasons, the most important however being that I could be sure he was a man of the people, a man that will care for the common man, as guaranteed by his heritage and history in the Senate. Since his exit from the race, I have considered long times if I should endorse Senator Biden as well. In the end however, I decided to not choose this option. I will however endorse Dennis Kucinich, the Green Party nominee, for president. Mr Kucinich is a man that can be sure to work for the people, and also, he is a man that will really care for our environment. The man-made climate change is a increasingly pressing issue, and should therefore be considered when deciding for a man to elect!
Furthermore, I will start an initiative, the Give Tennessee A Choice initiative, that will fight for ballot access for the Green Party in Tennessee, as well as of numerous other small parties.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies