2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 05:03:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154449 times)
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -9.04

« on: June 05, 2014, 10:03:51 PM »

OOC: Well I guess I'll point out that 1) NYE left this game and IMO has no right to come back and decide how Clinton endorses. Had I left the game as Biden without endorsing I would not come back and do this. And 2) Clinton said she would endorse after a clear delegate lead was established; we have actually become closer in delegates since then. I haven't decided how I'll respond as Biden.
I must concur with badgate. It's kinda unfair to leave the game and then come back and all but totally decide the Democratic Nominee.

Same here. I like how NHI is doing this (congratulations, BTW!) but his last decision was really, really unfair.

And I think the race was waaaay more interesting without NYE in the mix and with Biden and Edwards in a close fight in every state. I know the main purpose of each one of you is winning the game, but think about having fun, too. I doubt SJoyce (as Edwards) will enjoy any other "battle" as much as this one, and it was keeping the game "active"... Believe me, once it's Edwards vs. Giuliani, the game will be more humdrum, at least until September-October (game time).
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2014, 06:54:49 AM »

OOC: Well I guess I'll point out that 1) NYE left this game and IMO has no right to come back and decide how Clinton endorses. Had I left the game as Biden without endorsing I would not come back and do this. And 2) Clinton said she would endorse after a clear delegate lead was established; we have actually become closer in delegates since then. I haven't decided how I'll respond as Biden.
I must concur with badgate. It's kinda unfair to leave the game and then come back and all but totally decide the Democratic Nominee.

Same here. I like how NHI is doing this (congratulations, BTW!) but his last decision was really, really unfair.

And I think the race was waaaay more interesting without NYE in the mix and with Biden and Edwards in a close fight in every state. I know the main purpose of each one of you is winning the game, but think about having fun, too. I doubt SJoyce (as Edwards) will enjoy any other "battle" as much as this one, and it was keeping the game "active"... Believe me, once it's Edwards vs. Giuliani, the game will be more humdrum, at least until September-October (game time).
That depends who the Vice-Presidential nominees are, IMO. An Edwards/Biden ticket would be formidable for Democrats IMO.

You have no right to come back here after you said you'd leave forever. Badgate and SJoyce made those detailed posts thinking the race would be a toss-up forever, and the only thing that could give them an advantadge over the other was better, more detailed campaign. I'm sure they wouldn't have put the same effort if they knew Clinton would endorse one of them. I hope NNHI and SJoyce keep that in mind, rejecting your endorsement.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2014, 06:22:21 AM »

Thanks, NHI. The game is more interesting the way it's now. Edwards vs. Biden till the end!!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2014, 11:45:17 AM »
« Edited: August 15, 2014, 05:49:13 AM by Niemeyerite »

Chuck Schumer schedule -

Campaigning for Biden in New York

October 24

10:00 - Barnstorm and speech. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.
14:00 - GOTV in Long Island, w/ Joe Biden.
17:30 - Barnstorm. New City, NY.
19:00 - Campaign Rally in Schenectady, w/ Joe Biden.

People of New York, you're about to make one of the most important decisions in your life. After 9/11 our lifes changed dramatically. We had a very good mayor who then became Vice President: Rudy Giuliani. But we know now that this Giuliani is not the same person who served as mayor. Back then, he was a bipartisan mayor who knew he had to look like a moderate in order to keep winning. Now, he knows that if he doesn't get the vote of the ultra-conservatives he can't win. That's the difference.

New York has been voting for the democrat in Presidential Elections for many reasons. Those reasons are still valid today, because we still are the party of progress. Polls indicate that more than 60% of you are voting for me next week (and I hope to get more than 70%!). I'll be honest here: if you are voting for me, you have to vote for Joe Biden if you want my voice heard in Washington D.C.. With a republican President, with Giuliani in the White House, the voice of conservative Senators will prevail over your voice in the Senate (that is, Hillary Clinton's and mine).

Vote Biden/Lincoln!

October 25

09:30 - Barnstorm. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.
13:00 - Barnstorm and rally. Queens, NYC, NY.
18:00 - GOTV and rally. Queens, NYC, NY.

New Yorkers, we're one week away from the most important election in the World, and this time you have one of the most important roles you've ever had. This state is a toss-up state for the first time in many years, but I'm confident we will be giving our Electoral Votes for the Biden/Lincoln ticket. The important thing here is that you know there aren't big differences between Giuliani and other conservative republicans you've never liked and, of course, never elected.

At the same time, mr. Biden represents everything New York wants to see in the White House. He's a progressive, he's the most learned person I've ever met in the Senate, he is one of the most hard-working ones, he knows how to handle international crisis (remember, he's been Chairman of the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations) and he'll work hand in hand with both Senator Clinton and me!! He's the right choice for New York!

October 26

10:00 - GOTV and rally. The Bronx, NYC, NY.
14:20 - GOTV and barnstorm w/ Sen. Hillary Clinton. Manhattan, NYC, NY.
17:45 - Barnstorm. Manhattan, NYC, NY.
19:30 - Rally and speech with the Hispanic community. The Bronx, NYC, NY.

Queridos neoyorquinos,

la semana que viene serán las elecciones para Presidente. Ustedes saben que su decisión es crucial. La población latina crece año tras año en nuestro país. Los demócratas somos los que proponemos una mayor integración racial y los que queremos el sueño americano para cualquiera que quiera ser un buen ciudadano.

El alcalde Giuliani también dio pasos en este sentido. Pero ahora depende de esos republicanos ultra-conservadores que no quieren oír hablar de igualdad e integración. Y ha adaptado su discurso para ganarse sus votos. Mientras tanto, Joe Biden no ha cambiado su discurso. Él y yo creemos que no hemos avanzado lo suficiente en igualdad de derechos para los ciudadanos hispanos. Y juntos, lucharemos para cambiar esta realidad si lo eligen para Presidente!

Gracias y buenas tardes!

October 27

09:45 - Fundraise for Joe Biden. Manhattan, NYC, NY.
11:30 - Barnstorm and rally. Harlem, NYC, NY.
16:10 - Fundraise for Joe Biden. Queens, NYC, NY.
19:00 - Campaign for reelection. Queens, NYC, NY.

October 28

09:30 - Fundraise for Joe Biden. Manhattan, NYC, NY.
11:30 - Barnstorm and rally. Staten Island, NYC, NY.
15:45 - Townhall. Rye, NY.
18:20 - Rally and GOTV. White Plains, NY.
19:55 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Peekskill, NY.

Today and tomorrow our campaign will be campaigning in Westchester County, and that was a personal decision. Why?

Because I think the Presidential election can be decided here. Think about it. Some political anchors say suburban America will be decisive. Others say the election could be decided in NY. So, Westchester is located in suburban NY! The entire World will be paying attention to counties like yours, so be wise and vote for the one who better represents your views.

This is not the kind of election where you vote for any of the candidates without thinking too much about it. We have 4 candidates this time, but only two have a realistic chance of being elected President, and only one of those two represents what New Yorkers want in the White House, and, believe me, it's not the one who was born here in New York hahaha...

Now, seriously, Dennis Kucinich and Gary Johnson are very good candidates, but any of them has the experience nor the moderation America needs right now, in this critical moment. Biden is your clear choice if you want Republicans out of the White House!!

October 29

10:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Mount Vernon, NY.
12:45 - GOTV and Townhall. New Rochelle, NY.
15:50 - Rally and barnstorm. Yonkers, NY.
18:15 - Barnstorm and GOTV with Biden volunteers. Yonkers, NY.

<Talking campaign volunteers>

As I've said before, I'm convinced suburban New York may decide this election. Since Clinton was first elected in 1992, democrats have won in Westchester County. Al Gore took almost 59% of the vote here. I know it's very difficult to repeat his 21-point margin win, but I'm sure we will be winning here and other counties surrounding NYC with your help, and that will give Biden a healthy margin of victory in NY.

If turnout is high, we win. And that'll be your job. Good luck. You will have the help of the Chuck Schumer Senate campaign these final days, as we're convinced I'll be reelected. Thank you and let's celebrate it together when both Biden and I win next week!

October 30

11:00 - Townhall and GOTV w/ Sen. Hillary Clinton. Cooperstown, NY.
15:25 - Townhall and GOTV. Oswego, NY.
18:20 - Barnstorm and Townhall. Lockport, NY.
19:40 - Rally and Townhall. North Tonawanda, NY.

Sometimes, central and norhtern NY is not given the relevance it has. When races are close, republicans take these parts of the state for granted and usually win because democrats think they're right and don't campaign here. But that's about to change this time and I'll tell you why.

The truth is that I never forgot about you, and that's why I've always overperformed other democrats here. I've told this to Joe Biden and his campaign is investing time and resources here. But it's not just because he wants to win, it's because he actually cares about what some people call the "forgotten America". For the same reason I usually win here, he's kept winning in the little towns of Delaware as Senator. He has big projects for little towns and rural America, too!

Giuliani thinks he will win in New York just because he was mayor of NYC and republicans usually do well in the rest of the state. But this time it's different, because we care about New York as a whole!!

October 31

10:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Niagara Falls, NY.
12:45 - Rally and barnstorm. Buffalo, NY.
17:20 - Barnstorm and Townhall. Manhattan, NYC, NY.
19:40 - Rest. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2014, 12:41:35 PM »
« Edited: August 11, 2014, 12:43:20 PM by Niemeyerite »

LatinoVisiónPAC

Razones para mandar a Joe Biden a la Casa Blanca / Reasons to send Joe Biden to the White House

Radio ad to be released in the following states:

Main purpose: mobilizing the Hispanic vote. Make Biden look Presidential and a good fit for Latino voters.

<Ken Salazar (Colorado AG) voice>

El votante hispano tiene cada vez mayor peso en la política norteamericana y nosotros somos conscientes de ello.

Cada vez más los candidatos a cualquier puesto político tratan de ganarse nuestro voto, recurriendo en muchas ocasiones a falsas promesas. Pero ésta vez un hombre ha hecho algo distinto: ha puesto la inmigración y las diferencias económicas y sociales en el centro del debate. Ese hombre es Joe Biden.

El tándem Biden/Lincoln se ha comprometido a redactar una nueva ley de inmigración más abierta y tolerante, y a contar con los hispanos en un nuevo Gobierno de unidad.

Por todo ello, les pido su voto para Joe Biden, el único candidato que se ha comprometido verdaderamente con la población latina en Estados Unidos. El único que verdaderamente cuenta con nosotros para construir una nueva América.

TV ad to be released in the following states:

Main purpose: Biden looks Presidential and cares about the Hispanic community.

<Congressman Bob Menendez talking>

He trabajado muchos años con el Senador Joe Biden en el Congreso. Juntos hemos presentado propuestas en favor de la población Hispánica, él en el Senado y yo en la Cámara de Representantes.

Durante todo este tiempo de colaboración, les puedo asegurar que el senador Biden realmente se preocupa por el futuro de los jóvenes latinos que se sienten tan norteamericanos como el que más, pero a los que el bloqueo de los republicanos impide realizar el "Sueño Americano".

Joe Biden conoce los principales problemas de la población latina. Sabe que hay una enorme desigualdad, sobre todo económica, que debe ser atajada. Mientras, el resto de candidatos no ha hablado sobre este asunto. Se ha comprometido en numerosas ocasiones durante ésta campaña a reducir estas desigualdades si ustedes lo eligen Presidente.

Y, además, él quiere unos Estados Unidos realmente unidos en la lucha contra la pobreza, la desigualdad y el racismo.

Nunca la elección estuvo tan clara para la población latina. Recuerden votar la semana que viene por Biden/Lincoln, el tandem que realmente se preocupa por ustedes.

LatinoVisiónPAC is also sending their members to campaign* in the following counties for Joe Biden. Almost all of them have Latino-majority populations (some have a large minority of Hispanics but are big in terms of population: Clark County, NV and Denver, CO) and this PAC believes Biden can get more votes there than any past democrat presidential nominee:

Arizona

-Santa Cruz County
-Yuma County

Colorado

-Conejos County
-Costilla County
-Denver City and County

Florida

-Miami-Dade County

Nevada

-Clark County

New Mexico

-Doña Ana County
-Guadalupe County
-Hidalgo County
-Luna County
-San Miguel County

New York

-Bronx County

Texas

-Bexar County
-Brooks County
-Cameron County
-Culberson County
-Dimmit County
-Duval County
-El Paso County
-Frio County
-Hidalgo County
-Hudspeth County
-Jim Hogg County
-Jim Wells County
-Kenedy County
-Kleberg County
-La Salle County
-Maverick County
-Presidio County
-Reeves County
-Starr County
-Uvalde County
-Val Verde County
-Webb County
-Willacy County
-Zapata County
-Zavala County

*More counties in some states doesn't mean more campaigning
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2014, 05:24:05 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2014, 09:05:24 AM by Niemeyerite »

Newspaper ad

Giuliani campaign: what a desperate campaign looks like

Because saying President instead of Vice President is not as serious as confusing Chuck Norris and Clint Eastwood

To be published in local newspapers from the following states:

+ The New York Times (NY), Daily News (NY), The New York Post (NY), Newsday (NY), Newark Star-Ledger (NJ), The Denver Post (CO), The Dallas Morning News (TX), Houston Chronicle (TX), The Plain Dealer (OH), Tampa Bay Times (FL), Las Vegas Review-Journal (NV), The Arizona Republic (AZ), The Philadelphia Inquirer/Philadelphia Daily News (PA) and Star Tribune (MN).

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2014, 08:32:59 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2014, 09:07:51 AM by Niemeyerite »

Rep. Sherrod Brown schedule -

Campaigning for Biden in Ohio

October 24

09:45 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Fairview Park, OH.
13:30 - Rally and Townhall. Bay Village, OH.
16:50 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Cleveland Heights, OH.
18:40 - Rally and GOTV. Beachwood, OH.

Today we're here in Cuyahoga county campaigning for Joe Biden, the only candidate that really understands the problems and needs of the Rust Belt!

October 25

09:40 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Cleveland, OH.
12:00 - Barnstorm and Townhall. East Cleveland, OH.
17:00 - GOTV and rally. Euclid, OH.
19:15 - Townhall. Highland Heights, OH.

Today we're here in Cuyahoga county again, asking for your vote for the Biden/Lincoln ticket. There's no candidate that understands better the needs of the people in the Rust Belt, specially blue-collar workers, than Joe Biden. Joe spent many years going by train to the Senate, he's the common American you want to see in the White House!

October 26

10:50 - Townhall and rally.Cleveland, OH.
12:45 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Grove City, OH.
18:20 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Hilliard, OH.

We can't let the man with two personalities win here in Ohio. Mr. Giuliani used to be a moderate when he was mayor of New York. Then he became a conservative republican Vice President. I prefer to deal with a man with convictions than with a flip-flopper, don't you? That's why many liberals and moderates say they prefered Cheney over Giuliani. Cheney at least had a firm ideology, even if we disliked it (and, believe me, I did)!

October 27

10:15 - Barnstorm and rally. Cleveland, OH.
11:40 - Fundraise for Joe Biden. Cleveland, OH.
16:30 - Fundraise for Joe Biden and GOTV. Columbus, OH.
19:00 - Barnstorm and rally. Columbus, OH.

We're on the final days of this campaign and every dollar is crucial for the Biden campaign if we want a strong GOTV operation taking place next week in Ohio. Every poll has Ohio tied right now, and that's why a superior GOTV operation is necessary, specially because we have to "share" the liberal vote with another candidate, and that candidate is Ohioan and knows how to campaign here, too. But that will not stop us. We're going to win here with your help. Pundits will be surprised with an early call of Ohio for the Biden team!

Your help is needed. If you can't contribute with 10, 25, 50... dollars, please, contact my campaign and help us with your work!!

October 28

09:10 - Campaign for reelection. Avon, OH.
11:30 - Townhall and rally. Avon, OH.
16:15 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Lorain, OH.
18:20 - Barnstorm and rally. Elyria, OH.

October 29

10:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Oregon, OH.
12:0 0- GOTV and rally. Maumee, OH.
15:45 - Talk to campaign volunteers and GOTV. Toledo, OH.
18:45 - Fundraise for Joe Biden and GOTV. Toledo, OH.

Lucas county is considered by us, Ohioans, the heart of the Rust Belt. I'm convinced if Biden wins in Lucas County by a big margin, he has Ohio in the bag. Please, don't stop working, you're doing a great job and that's why some internal polls indicate we're in the lead right now, even if Kucinich is strong here, too.

So, please, try to convince those Kucinich voters that Biden is the right candidate and the only one who can get the republicans out of the White House!

October 30

10:05 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Akron, OH.
12:55 - GOTV and rally. Akron, OH.
15:10 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Akron, OH.
18:10 - Townhall and barnstorm. Twinsburg, OH.
20:00 - Townhall and rally. Green, OH.

October 31

09:40 - Barnstorm and rally. Cincinnati, OH.
11:15 - Rally and GOTV. Cincinnati, OH.
16:00 - Townhall and rally. Loveland, OH.
18:40 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Cincinnati, OH.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2014, 09:36:57 AM »
« Edited: August 12, 2014, 10:25:47 AM by Niemeyerite »

Sen. Bob Graham schedule -

Campaigning for Biden in Florida

October 24

09:20 - Rally and GOTV. Casselberry, FL.
12:30 - Rally and GOTV. Oviedo, FL.
16:30 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Sanford, FL.
19:00 - Rally and barnstorm. Winter Springs, FL.

October 25

09:45 - Barnstorm and GOTV w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Coconut Creek, FL.
11:35 - Barnstorm and rally w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Deerfield Beach, FL.
16:20 - Barnstorm and GOTV w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Coral Springs, FL.
19:15 - Townhall and rally w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Davie, FL.

October 26

10:10 - Townhall and rally. Lauderhill, FL.
12:30 - Barnstorm and rally. Fort Lauderdale, FL.
17:15 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Margate, FL.
19:20 - GOTV and Townhall. Miramar, FL.

October 27

10:30 - Fundraise for Joe Biden and GOTV. Miami, FL.
13:30 - Fundraise for Joe Biden and rally. Hialeah, FL.
17:00 - Barnstorm and rally. Miami, FL.

October 28

09:40 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Miami, FL.
11:30 - Townhall and rally. Miami Lakes, FL.
15:45 - Rally and GOTV. North Miami Beach, FL.
18:20 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Hialeah, FL.

October 29

10:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Miami, FL.
12:00 - GOTV and rally. St. Cloud, FL.
15:45 - Rally and Townhall. Kissimmee, FL.
18:45 - Barnstorm and rally. Orlando, FL.

October 30

10:00 - Fundraise for Joe Biden and GOTV w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Orlando, FL.
12:45 - Barnstorm and rally w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Orlando, FL.
18:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Apopka, FL.
20:15 - Townhall and GOTV w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Ocoee, FL.

October 31

10:20 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Melbourne, FL.
13:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Palm Bay, FL.
15:15 - GOTV and rally. Titusville, FL.
18:40 - Townhall and rally. Tampa, FL.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2014, 10:44:39 AM »

Sen. Bill Nelson schedule -

Campaigning for Biden in Florida

October 24

09:30 - Rally and GOTV. Daytona Beach, FL.
12:30 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Deltona, FL.
16:45 - Barnstorm and rally. Ormond Beach, FL.
19:10 - Rally and Townhall. DeBary, FL.

October 25

09:45 - Barnstorm and GOTV w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Coconut Creek, FL.
11:35 - Barnstorm and rally w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Deerfield Beach, FL.
16:20 - Barnstorm and GOTV w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Coral Springs, FL.
19:15 - Townhall and rally w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Davie, FL.

October 26

10:30 - GOTV and rally. Port Orange, FL.
16:15 - Barnstorm and GOTV. New Port Richey, FL.
18:50 - Barnstorm and Townhall. Zephyrhills, FL.

October 27

10:00 - Rally and GOTV. Tallahassee, FL.
13:00 - Fundraise for Joe Biden and GOTV. Tallahassee, FL.
16:50 - Barnstorm and rally. Tallahassee, FL.
19:45 - Townhall and barnstorm. Ponce de Leon, FL.

October 28

09:20 - Barnstorm and rally. Tampa, FL.
11:00 - GOTV and rally. Plant Ciry, FL.
12:45 - Rally and Townhall. Temple Terrace, FL.
17:50 - Fundraise for Joe Biden and GOTV. Tampa, FL.
19:55 - Rally and GOTV. Tampa, FL.

October 29

09:15 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Orlando, FL.
12:15 - GOTV and fundraise for Joe Biden. West Palm Beach, FL.
14:45 - Rally and GOTV. Palm Beach, FL.
19:20 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Boyton Beach, FL.

October 30

10:00 - Fundraise for Joe Biden and GOTV w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Orlando, FL.
12:45 - Barnstorm and rally w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Orlando, FL.
18:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Apopka, FL.
20:15 - Townhall and GOTV w/ Sen. Bill Nelson. Ocoee, FL.

October 31

10:20 - Rally and GOTV. Jacksonville, FL.
13:00 - GOTV and Townhall. Pensacola, FL.
15:15 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Jacksonville, FL.
18:40 - Barnstorm and rally. Jacksonville, FL.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2014, 06:26:50 PM »

Rev. Al Sharpton schedule -

October 24

09:30 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Harlem (Manhattan), NYC, NY.
12:10 - Rally and GOTV. Harlem, NYC, NY.
16:15 - Rally and GOTV. The Bronx, NYC, NY.
19:15 - Barnstorm and rally. The Bronx, NYC, NY.

October 25

09:20 - Rally and GOTV. The Bronx, NYC, NY.
11:50 - Rally and GOTV. Harlem, NYC, NY.
17:20 - Barnstorm and rally. Staten Island, NYC, NY.
20:05 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Queens, NYC, NY.

October 26

10:40 - GOTV and rally. Queens, NYC, NY.
12:50 - Barnstorm and GOTV. The Bronx, NYC, NY.
17:40 - Rally and GOTV. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.
19:30 - Rally and GOTV. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.

October 27

10:00 - GOTV and rally. Albany, NY
12:45 - Townhall and rally. Cohoes, NY.
15:30 - Barnstorm and rally. Syracuse, NY.
18:40 - GOTV and rally. Long Beach, NY.

October 28

10:30 - Fundraise and GOTV. Manhattan, NYC, NY.
15:45 - Rally and GOTV. Manhattan, NYC, NY.
19:40 - Barnstorm and rally. Queens, NYC, NY.

October 29

10:00 - GOTV and rally. The Bronx, NYC, NY.
12:00 - Barnstorm and rally. The Bronx, NYC, NY.
15:45 - Rally and GOTV. Staten Island, NYC, NY.
18:45 - GOTV and rally. Harlem, NYC, NY.

October 30

10:10 - Barnstorm and rally. Manhattan, NYC, NY
12:25 - GOTV and rally. Buffalo, NY.
17:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Rochester, NY.
19:15 - Barnstorm and rally. Lackawanna, NY.

October 31

10:20 - Townhall and GOTV. Tonawanda, NY.
13:00 - Barnstorm and rally. Buffalo, NY.
15:15 - GOTV and Townhall. Collins, NY.
18:40 - Barnstorm and rally. The Bronx, NYC, NY.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2014, 07:49:59 AM »
« Edited: August 13, 2014, 07:52:25 AM by Niemeyerite »

Judy Shepard schedule -

Joe Biden is the only one of the two candidates who can win this election that wants equal rights for the LGTB community, and New York is one of the states that cares the most about equal rights for minorities.
I don't see how a republican can win in NY, and I'll do everything I can to send New Yorkers the message that Giuliani is very similar to George Bush, and that only Biden cares about LGTB issues.
I'm sure Biden wil get New York's 31 EVs if we continue working this hard if citizens vote both with their heart and their head!

October 24

09:40 - Rally and GOTV. Queens, NYC, NY.
11:50 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Staten Island, NYC, NY.
16:10 - Fundraise for Joe Biden and GOTV. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.
19:20 - Barnstorm and rally. Queens, NYC, NY.

October 25

09:50 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Queens, NYC, NY.
11:45 - Rally and GOTV. Manhattan, NYC, NY.
16:40 - Fundraise for Joe Biden and GOTV. Manhattan, NYC, NY.
18:35 - Barnstorm and rally. Manhattan, NYC, NY.

October 26

10:20 - Rally and GOTV. Rome, NY.
12:50 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Utica, NY.
18:00 - Rally and Townhall. Sherrill, NY.

October 27

10:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.
12:15 - GOTV and rally. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.
16:00 - Barnstorm and rally. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.
18:30 - Barnstorm and rally. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.

October 28

10:15 - Rally and GOTV. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.
14:00 - Rally and GOTV. The Bronx, NYC, NY.
17:30 - Barnstorm and GOTV. The Bronx, NYC, NY.
19:30 - Barnstorm and GOTV. The Bronx, NYC, NY

October 29

09:15 - Rally and GOTV. Staten Island, NYC, NY.
11:40 - Barnstorm and rally. Staten Island, NYC, NY.
14:15 - Rally and GOTV. Staten Island, NYC, NY.
17:45 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Yonkers, NY.
19:45 - GOTV and Townhall. Yonkers, NY.

October 30

10:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Ossining, NY
12:15 - Townhall and GOTV. North Salem, NY.
16:30 - Rally and GOTV. Port Chester, NY.
19:00 - Barnstorm and rally. Queens, NYC, NY.

October 31

10:15 - Rally GOTV. Queens, NYC, NY.
16:15 - Rally and GOTV. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.
19:00 - Barnstorm and GOTV. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2014, 02:14:59 PM »

OOC: isn't it a little ridiculous that you keep using the Schumer quote? You've changed words and quotes many, many times (the last one -> saying Clint Eastwood instead of Chuck Norris), some that could've backfired, and the rest of the players didn't use it against you (I've followed the game from the very beginning and your rivals have been very generous, believe it or not). I hope it backfires this time, because two ads using a Schumer quote where he forgot to say "Vice" in the final days of campaign looks weird (or ridiculous, yes) to me.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2014, 04:02:49 PM »

OOC: isn't it a little ridiculous that you keep using the Schumer quote? You've changed words and quotes many, many times (the last one -> saying Clint Eastwood instead of Chuck Norris), some that could've backfired, and the rest of the players didn't use it against you (I've followed the game from the very beginning and your rivals have been very generous, believe it or not). I hope it backfires this time, because two ads using a Schumer quote where he forgot to say "Vice" in the final days of campaign looks weird (or ridiculous, yes) to me.

OOC: Isn't it a little ridiculous that you jump into the campaign and create in-depth surrogate schedules for Joe Biden during the most important point of the campaign while I'm running as Giuliani, Hutchison, Surrogates, and GOTV? I think I can take a bit of liberty with the Schumer quote to compensate, at least a little, for the immense amount of help that Biden is getting.

OOC: Why is it ridiculous? It has happened before and it'll keep happening in the future. Maybe you should've PMed some poster to help you. I doubt any other of the players would complain about it!

Of course you can do whatever you want to with the Schumer quote. I only said that, IMHO, it's a bit ridiculous because it could backfire, specially as you've made similar mistakes in the past.
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 04:33:11 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2014, 04:40:05 PM by Niemeyerite »

Hillary Clinton

Getting out the vote for Joe Biden in New York!

November 1st. New York.

10:00 – Rally and GOTV. Brooklyn, NYC, NY.

Joe Biden is not the only candidate that cares about the future of this nation, but he’s the only one who can improve its situation, as only him combines experience, ability to govern and moderation.

Vote wisely, vote Biden/Lincoln!

13:00 – Rally and GOTV. Manhattan, NYC, NY.

Let’s talk about workers’ rights. You know you can trust Joe Biden on this issue. He’s the only one who can promise more jobs and higher salaries, because two candidates don’t really care about wages and the other one doesn’t really have a plan for America.

16:15 – Rally and GOTV. Yonkers, NY.

If you believe what republicans say, Rudy Giuliani is a different kind of republican that really is a good fit for New York. But, let’s be honest here: he isn’t.
Don’t be fooled by campaign and rhetoric tactics used by Giuliani. As we’ve seen since he became Vice President, he’s very similar to George W. Bush. And we, New Yorkers, rejected Bush in 2000. Those four years have been unbearable for those of us who want progress for America, and we have to send the same message we sent to ultra-conservative republicans in 2000: if you are the candidate that wants the vote of the far-right, you won’t win here in New York!

19:20 – Rally and GOTV. Queens, NYC, NY.

I’m sure Joe will take New York tomorrow, but, do you remember what happened in Florida four years ago? Well, the same can happen again, this time in New York. So, if you’re undecided between Kucinich and Biden, let me tell you something: Biden can win, Kucinich can’t. Voting for Kucinich can give us four more years of Republicans in the White House.
But not only Biden is a better candidate because he can win this election, no! He’s more qualified, he wants to be the President of every American and he actually knows how to cut a deal! Vote Biden/Lincoln tomorrow!

November 2nd. New York.

11:00 - vote with Bill Clinton in NYC, NY.

15:20 - GOTV. The Bronx, NYC, NY.

Biden is the only candidate who won’t be a puppet of lobbies and special interests, no matter if they are left or right-wing. Biden is a common American, and a common American is what we need in the White House now.

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 05:08:06 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2014, 05:09:51 PM by Niemeyerite »

Chuck Schumer

Campaigning for Joe Biden in New York!

November 1st. New York.

09:40 – Rally and GOTV. Ithaca, NY.

I’ve loved being the centre of this campaign during its final week, but, honestly, I don’t get how a Presidential candidate uses a Senator from New York to cut a bad ad –and then repeat it with minimal differences-, specially considering that he’s tied in New York and many voters here may have not liked what his campaign did with me in those ads… Polls indicate that I’ll take more tan 60% of the vote in New York, so there may be many Giuliani-Schumer voters here today. You’ve seen now that Giuliani and his campaign workers don’t have respect for me and other Democratic Party elected officials. So, I have a message for you: being a Giuliani-Schumer voter doesn’t make sense now. Why not becoming a Biden -Schumer voter? Think about it! You have a whole day to do it!

12:45 – Rally and GOTV. Syracuse, NY.

New York is a great state that has been voting for progressive and moderate candidates for a long, long time. New Yorkers don’t vote the same way the Deep South does because we see thing differently here. We’re the land of FDR, and we’ve been aware that this country needs to get rid of the conservative rhetoric since he developed the New Deal. So, I’m sure you’ll choose the heir of the New Deal –that is, Joe Biden- over the heir of George W. Bush when you vote tomorrow!

Vote, vote, vote!

16:00 – Rally and GOTV. Harlem (Manhattan), NYC, NY.

The Afroamerican Community knows that democrats that have been fighting for their rights since the 60s. Republicans believe we have the same rights now, as they avoid talking about equal pay, education or health care, but they know not every American has the same opportunities to achieve the American Dream. They know it but they don’t want to talk about it!

Only with a democrat in the White House we’ll manage to have equal opportunities for every American, no matter what’s their race! Vote Biden/Lincoln!

19:00 – Rally and GOTV. Staten Island, NYC, NY.

Vote for the candidate who is willing to talk about Iraq, vote for the only one that you can trust when dealing with international affairs, pick courage over status quo. Pick the Biden/Lincoln ticket!

November 2nd. New York.

10:25 - vote in NYC, NY.

16:05 - GOTV. Buffalo, NY.

Don't forget to vote, buddy!

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2014, 05:42:57 PM »
« Edited: August 17, 2014, 06:03:10 PM by Niemeyerite »

Arlen Specter

Campaigning for Joe Biden in New York!

November 1st. Pennsylvania and Ohio.

09:20 – Rally and GOTV. Philadelphia, PA.

Some republicans here in Pennsylvania ask me “Hey, Arlen, why are you supporting the democrat candidate for President?”. And, know what? When I tell them why, most of them say that they’ll also endorse Joe!

I’ll tell you why I am going to vote for Joe Biden tomorrow. It’s because he’s not just a “democrat”. He’s a very honest and qualified person who’s worked with republicans like me in the Senate, because party labels don’t matter for him! He just wants to get things done in Washington D.C., and that’s what I want too, and the main reason for supporting him. But not the only one. He’s also a person who knows the problems of the Rust Belt and he’s the only one who has a straightforward plan for Iraq. He knows there aren’t easy solutions, but he’s chaired the Senate Committee on Foreign Relations, and, trust me, he knows what he’s talking about. Not to mention that he was born here, in the state I represent in the Senate, Pennsylvania!

12:00 – Rally and GOTV. Scranton, PA.

Joe Biden is the kind of man all of us want to see replacing George W. Bush, even if some of you –specially from my party- still don’t know it [laughs].
Why? Because he’s a middle class American that doesn’t forget where he comes from. He’s been going by train to Washington D.C. for years! When we elect him tomorrow –I am sure that’ll happen- he won’t forget that it’s the American people who voted, not the lobbies. Can the same be said about the rest of the candidates? I doubt it, and that’s why I took the difficult decisión of crossing parties to endorse him! Tomorrow, vote Biden/Lincoln and let the change happen!

15:30 – Rally and GOTV. Warren, OH.

The Rust Belt is facing some serious problems and we’ve been hearing about extreme solutions both from the left and the right. You’ve heard people supporting Kucinich talking about closing companies because they “pollute too much”. You’ve Heard Johnson supporters talking about how the State has nothing to do with the economic problems those companies have now, the “let it be” way of understanding things that is so harmful for working-class Americans. And then you have Vice President Giuliani, that doesn’t talk about these problems and is part of the Administration that created most of them.

That may sound depressing, but, fortunately, we have a candidate that cares about the Rust Belt, who was born here and talks about minimum wage, equal payment and job creation: Joe Biden!

18:40 – Rally and GOTV. Akron, OH.

You have four strong candidates this election, and that's something that hasn't happened for more than 100 years. But we're facing some really tough situations that request a skilled Commander in Chief, and that means we have to look beyond rhetorics. And, when you put rhetoric aside and give a second look to every candidate... Who can you trust when talking about critical issues like Iraq? Only Joe Biden! And it's tough to say this because I'm a republican and he's a democrat... But it's true!

November 2nd. Pennsylvania.

10:25 - vote in Philadelphia, PA.

16:05 - GOTV. Philadelphia, PA.

A high turnout is what we need to send the enemies of the United States of America the message that, no matter who wins, we're united against extremism and that democracy is the only system that permits people live in liberty!

Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: August 17, 2014, 05:44:51 PM »

Did this round already close??!! Sad
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: August 17, 2014, 06:00:30 PM »

Parts over the course of the evening, in that case.

Sounds like a plan.

I support that! I'm enjoying it the way it is now Smiley

And sorry for posting late, I thought it was 4:00 there now... Being on the other side of the Ocean causes some mistakes like this one Tongue
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: August 17, 2014, 06:53:38 PM »

I'm expecting a weird map!!
Niemeyerite
JulioMadrid
Junior Chimp
Spain

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: August 18, 2014, 05:30:12 PM »

Congratulations, NHI, you did a very nice work here! The Election night was very entertaining to read and the outcome was fair Smiley
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies