2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 01, 2024, 12:49:48 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154514 times)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: 5.29, S: -5.04

« on: March 29, 2014, 03:44:18 PM »
« edited: April 06, 2014, 06:45:01 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Nashua, New Hampshire
Thursday, September 11th, 2003.

Pat Buchanan Announcement.

Today, we gather under the solemn shadow of recent history and remember those killed in the horrific atrocities killed two years ago on this day. It is a sad day; our flags wave at half mast over a nation slowly recovering. Mothers take their children to school in the morning, and fathers go to work, mindful of the anniversary. The smoke has cleared, the rubble has been hauled off, and our tears are now dry. Yet today, a mournful silence is all that can be heard across our land.

What transpired two years ago today has ushered in a new era. The Cold War is dead, but the war on freedom is still being fought. Forces that seek to usher in a new order, one totally incompatible with American society, have struck us, and we have struck back. Yet, instead of bringing the fight to our true allies, we have now been thrown into a distracting war in Iraq. Instead of rooting out Al Qaida in Afghanistan, we have removed one of Al Qaida’s oldest enemies within the Arab World. Perhaps the greatest irony, however, is the fact that while our soldiers are fighting for freedom abroad, our own freedoms are disappearing at home.

The oxymoron of “compassionate conservatism” holds our party hostage. Government has completely overtaken education, and current Republican proposals for reforming Medicare and Medicaid are just as bad as those of the Democrats. We cannot have the United States if our states our powerless before a federal government that only continues to grow. We cannot have a functioning free market when government can take forty percent of a citizen’s income. We cannot have a nation without jobs, yet our industry is disappearing with the trade barriers. Treaties like NAFTA are not only destroying the economic heart of America, but are stripping this land of its basic sovereignty, and frankly, its soul.

Across the Pacific, the Dragon is roaring as it consumes American jobs. The Bush administration has repeatedly referred to China, a communist dictatorship and the last major bastion of totalitarianism on Earth, as well as the number one persecutor of Christians, as a “strategic partner.” If China does not make good on its hollow promises to improve human rights, then we will make good on our threat for force them to peddle their “made in China” products in another market.

Our melting pot is melting. If America grows more and more culturally divided, we will only grow more and more weak. It is time for a moratorium on all immigration, and a refocusing of our national security needs from the streets of Baghdad to the shores of the Rio Grande. It is time for our nation to truly become one nation again, with one language that unites us all, and that language is English. Just as we Americans have a moral duty to welcome our immigrant brothers and sisters, so do the new Americans have a duty to assimilate.

The de-Christianization of America has resulted in a moral massacre of our land. Abortion on demand, the increasing specter of homosexual marriage, the possibility of the legalization of drugs, and the institutionalized immorality and glorified violence from Hollywood have contributed to a moral decline in our youth. Our dignity as a nation is at stake. We must reject this Godless culture, before an angry God rejects us!

My friends, America is at a fork in the road. We can continue down a path of national mediocrity and irreversible decline. Or we can follow through with the promise of America, and continue to build that shining city on a hill. We can recapture our national sovereignty and independence, we can make the American Dream a reality, and we can heal the soul of our country. My friends, I am announcing my candidacy for the Republican Presidential nomination today, so we can make America America again!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 07:10:00 PM »

I could run as Mike Gravel in primaries but nah...
This race could use a Clinton....Wink
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 05:42:42 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2014, 05:46:18 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Patrick Buchanan Campaign Schedule: September 7th-September 13th, 2003.

September 7th:
-Staff meeting in Washington, DC. Final hirings completed.

Patrick Buchanan Staff:

Campaign Manager: Bay Buchanan   
Political Director: Doug Wead
Campaign Treasurer: Scott Mackenzie
Press Secretary: Bob Adams
Communications Director: Linda Muller

September 8th:
-Travel to Manchester, New Hampshire.
-Open a campaign office in Manchester.
-Hire ten field organizers for each county in New Hampshire.
-Prepare announcement speech.

September 9th:
-Pat and Shelley spend the day resting ahead of the announcement.
-Minor changes made to announcement speech.
-Staff furnishes office.
-Campaign website created, not yet listed online.

September 10th:
-Press release for Pat’s “big announcement” in Nashua, New Hampshire released.
-A thousand fliers inviting pinned Buchanan supporters from 1996 and 2000 to the announcement is mailed out.
-Private dinner with twenty or so supporters and donors from prior campaigns in Nashua.

September 11th:
-Campaign announcement in Nashua (see prior post for the speech).
-Visit workers at a Nashua textile mill, speech about NAFTA and American-Chinese trade relation.
-Rally in Concord, New Hampshire.
-Attend a 9/11 Remembrance Mass at St. Joseph Cathedral in Manchester.

September 12th:
-Flight to Des Moines, Iowa.
-Opening a campaign office in Des Moines, Iowa.
-Rally in Ames, Iowa, with Reverend Jerry Falwell.

“My fellow Christians of Iowa, I beseech you to give this man your support. Patrick Buchanan is the candidate who stands for the biblical values that have built this nation and our society. He has consistently stood up for life! He has consistently stood up for the sanctity of marriage! He has consistently stood up for morality in public discourse. Friends, he is our boy in the ring, and we must stand tall behind his candidacy, so we can return America to it's Christian values!

September 13th:
-Appearing on NBC’s “Meet the Press” via satellite.
-Attending Mass in Ames, Iowa.
-Rally in Des Moines, Iowa.
-Rally in Waterloo, Iowa.
-Flight to Washington DC.
-Strategy session at campaign headquarters in Washington, DC.
-Remainder of the evening spent resting at the Buchanan residence in DC.

Note: Bob Smith endorsement will be announced next turn.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 04:00:25 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Staff:
Campaign Director/Chief of Staff: Ron Neilson
Strategist/Advisor: Doug Wead
Press Secretary: Gary Howard Jr.
Financial Director: John McCardell
Pollster: Fritz Wenzel
I already nabbed Wead for my campaign, seeing how close Paul and Buchanan are, but if you want, I am willing to give him up to you. Wead might have bad blood with Pat dating back to '92, when he primaried Bush Sr. (whom Wead was an advisor too).
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 04:37:16 PM »

Gary Johnson Campaign Staff:
Campaign Director/Chief of Staff: Ron Neilson
Strategist/Advisor: Doug Wead
Press Secretary: Gary Howard Jr.
Financial Director: John McCardell
Pollster: Fritz Wenzel
I already nabbed Wead for my campaign, seeing how close Paul and Buchanan are, but if you want, I am willing to give him up to you. Wead might have bad blood with Pat dating back to '92, when he primaried Bush Sr. (whom Wead was an advisor too).
Sorry about that, I didn't realize you had him. I'd greatly appreciate it if you let me have him.
Yeah, it makes more sense this way. I'll replace Wead with somebody else. Finding people from the Buchanan campaign is kinda hard, but I'll dig something up.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2014, 08:05:23 PM »
« Edited: April 02, 2014, 08:51:20 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Pat Buchanan Schedule: September 14th-September 20th:

September 14th:
-Attending a Baptist Church service in Waterloo, Iowa.
-Speech at the historic Independence Mill, in Independence, Iowa.
-Rally in Manchester, Iowa.
-Meet and Greet in Dehli, Iowa.
-Rally in Dyersville, Iowa.
-Rally in Dubuque, Iowa.

September 15th:
-Opening campaign office in Davenport, Iowa.
-Rally in Davenport, Iowa.
-Fundraising lunch in Davenport, Iowa.
-Rally in Muscatine, Iowa.
-Rally in West Branch, Iowa.
-Touring the Herbert Hoover Presidential Library and Museum in West Branch, Iowa.

September 16th:
-Rally in Iowa City, Iowa.
-Rally in Solon, Iowa.
-Rally in Elly, Iowa.
-Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.
-Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, Iowa.

September 17th:
-Rally in Marengo, Iowa.
-Rally in Williamsburg, Iowa.
-Rally in Washington, Iowa.
-Rally in Mt. Pleasant, Iowa.
-Rally in Burlington, Iowa.

September 18th:
-Rally in Bloomfield, Iowa.
-Rally in Ottumwa, Iowa.
-Rally in Oskaloosa, Iowa.
-Rally in Knoxville, Iowa.

September 19th:
-Flight to Washington DC.
-Strategy session in Washington DC.
-Fundraiser in Baltimore, Maryland.
-Flight to Manchester, New Hampshire.

September 20th:
-Rally with former Senator Bob Smith in Manchester, New Hampshire.
-Fundraiser in Nashua, New Hampshire.

“Pat Buchanan is one of the last remaining true Conservatives in this party. He is a man who truly believes in America and American values. He has faithfully put America first throughout all his years in public service in the Nixon and Reagan administrations, and as your President, he will do the same.”

“Pat Buchanan knows our nations security is not centered around Iraq, or Israel, or the Middle East at all. Protecting America starts at home and that means protecting our own borders and interests first.”

Surrogate Schedule
Jerry Falwell: September 15th-September 20th: Barnstorming in Iowa.
Robert Smith: September 18th-September 20th: Barnstorming in New Hampshire.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2014, 09:05:54 PM »

Buchanan Statement on the Electoral Reform Movement.
"For two centuries, our Constitution has stood the test of time. It is a shame to see so many of my fellow Republicans and so called "conservatives" endorsing an organization which seeks to radically transform the American electoral system.  These proposals will weaken the power of states in the long run, and will create a system alien to our way of life, where the majority (usually) wins. I don't want any part of it, and frankly, I don't think most Americans do either."
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2014, 08:41:37 PM »
« Edited: April 06, 2014, 08:46:30 PM by ChairmanSanchez »

Pat Buchanan Schedule: September 21st-September 27th.

September 21st:
-Attending Mass at St. Christopher Catholic Church in Nashua, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Nashua, New Hampshire.
-Meet and Greet with supporters at the main New Hampshire campaign office in Manchester.
-Visiting small businesses in and around Concord, New Hampshire.
-Phone banking in Concord, New Hampshire.

September 22nd:
-Rally in Keene, New Hampshire.
-Townhall in Keene, New Hampshire.
-Rally with former Senator Gordon Humphrey in Berlin, New Hampshire.

“Pat Buchanan has run three Presidential campaigns here in the Granite state, and I like many in the state have come to feel that he is our adopted favorite son. He has worked in the thick of two administrations, and knows how to get things done in the executive department of our government. And let me tell you something, New Hampshire-he is not “just” an advisor, and I rather have any Reagan advisor as President any day over a Mayor or a Governor or a Senator just coasting along on their position. This January, let’s throw the bums out and return true Conservatism to the White House.”

September 23rd:
-Rally in Laconia, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Franklin, New Hampshire.
-Going door to door in Ashland, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Plymouth, New Hampshire.
-Fundraiser with Gordon Humphrey in Plymouth, New Hampshire.

September 24th:
-Going door to door in Andover, New Hampshire.
-Rally in New London, New Hampshire.
-Townhall with students at St. Anselm’s College in Goffstown, New Hampshire.

September 25th:
-Shooting an ad (to be aired at a yet to be determined date) in Manchester, New Hampshire.
-Fundraiser in Concord, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Exeter, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Portsmouth, New Hampshire.

September 26th:
-Rally in Hampton, New Hampshire.
-Rally in Epping, New Hampshire.
-Meet and Greet in Raymond, New Hampshire.
-Appearance on the “O’Reilly Factor” via satellite, in Manchester, New Hampshire.

September 27th:
-Flight to Washington, DC.
-Fundraiser in Washington, DC.
-Spend evening resting at the Buchanan residence outside of DC.

New Hampshire Union Leader: We Want Pat!
“The creeping cancer of conservatism is corroding the true values of the Republican Party. In a crowded primary that consists of several major national figures including a former Mayor of America’s biggest city, a Governor of a major western state, a Secretary of Defense, and a Senator, only Buchanan stands out in representing the conservative values that built the Republican Party and brought about the Reagan revolution.

As a commentator, he has stood out as the shining beacon of conservatism in a liberal junkyard. As America’s leading conservative, his voice carries significant weight, and truly is the voice of the modern Conservative.

Buchanan’s role in the Nixon and Reagan administrations were crucial; as a member of the inner circle of Presidents Nixon and Reagan, he helped formulate the successful economic and foreign policy decisions that brought out nation unmatched prosperity. His experience in the White House alone makes him more qualified than any of the candidates currently in the field-including two Governors.

While the Republican Party abandons the free market and small government values that created an American renaissance, Buchanan stands out as the voice of the common man, the voice of the Christian voter, and the voice of the conservative. His brand of conservatism-which includes a truly conservative, strong yet non interventionist foreign policy and a brand of economic populism that stands for both the free market and the free man, is something rapidly fading from the current Republican Party.

In closing, America needs a Pat Buchanan right now. The Republican Party needs a Pat Buchanan right now. And our beloved New Hampshire needs a Pat Buchan right now. Do not vote for a Mayor, Secretary, Senator, or Governor. Vote for a statesman. Vote for Pat Buchanan."

Infrastructure Report (to be released every other turn).
New Hampshire Offices:
-Successfully spread awareness of Buchanan events, driven up event turnout.
-Solicited about $10,000 in small contributions over the last two weeks.
-Mobilized the past members of the “Buchanan Brigades.”

Iowa Offices:
-Coordinated Jerry Falwell events.
-Reached about 5,000 targeted voters (mostly those who lean towards Allen, Johnson, and Owens)
-Mobilized past members of the “Buchanan Brigades” in the state.
-Founded twenty “Students for Buchanan” clubs across the state.

Surrogates
Jerry Falwell: Spending the week barnstorming in Iowa, with only two events per day.
Brent Scowcroft: Making a few media appearances on behalf of the campaign.
Gordon Humphrey: Barnstorming in New Hampshire.
(Credits to Riley Keaton for the infastructure tidbits; I am really enjoying his presence in the game, and the level of detail he has added.)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2014, 06:25:59 PM »

This round closes tonight at 10:30 pm EST.
I will have polling/info up by tomorrow for Round IV.  
Is everyone up for a debate to take the place of Round IV and then moving to the middle of December for Round V.
I dig that!
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2014, 05:18:01 PM »

Buchanan Debate Responses: "Ideas and Red Meat"
You must be logged in to read this quote.

The biggest contrast between President Bush and myself is our view on America’s role in international affairs. I do not believe the United States has any business in Iraq; I don’t believe the United States has a role in any nation outside of our own hemisphere. President Bush’s internationalist and globalist foreign policy is a major disagreement between us.

President Bush is, however, right on taxes, judges, abortion, and family values. He is a fighter, not a coward, in the culture war, and he is much better on those secondary issues than any of the Democratic candidates and frankly, some of the Republicans on this stage tonight.

Simple: We win it. We don’t cut and run from Afghanistan, and we refocus our effort on capturing and killing Osama Bin Laden and the monsters that attacked our country. The war will be won when we have Bin Laden’s head on a pike!

The funny thing about that question is that I have far more experience than any of the candidates on this stage tonight. As an advisor to President Nixon, I was there when we had to make agonizing decisions over the Vietnam War. As an advisor to President Reagan, I helped in the making of key conservative policies that enabled this nation to have a decade of peace and prosperity. I was there in the dark days of Watergate. I was there when Nixon went to China. I have faith in the voters of this party will make the right decision, and I believe that I will provide a stark contrast to the liberalism and pessimism of the Democrats in the fall campaign.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2014, 11:35:08 AM »

Reserved for schedule, will be up this evening after I finish a project for a class.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 07:12:57 PM »

An Important Announcement from Patrick Buchanan.

"For the past three months, I have been blessed to take on the endeavor of a fourth Presidential campaign. As I have debated my rivals, it has occurred to me that it is time for the torch of conservatism to be passed down to a new generation. Therefore, after much prayer and deliberation, I have decided to end my campaign for the Republican nomination and endorse Senator George Allen of Virginia, who is without a doubt one of the best conservative fighters in the Senate. Too all of my supporters, especially my friends in the “Buchanan Brigades”, I’d like to express my eternal gratitude for your hard work and devotion. Let us now unite behind Senator Allen, and help make him the next great conservative Republican President of the United States!”

(It's been fun, but my RL schedule is making this game hard to keep up with.)
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 05:21:25 PM »

Not to interupt the game, but where has Riley Keaton been? I noticed he has not been online for a week.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 05:41:48 PM »

Not to interupt the game, but where has Riley Keaton been? I noticed he has not been online for a week.

That's what I've been wondering.
If he doesn't post soon, the Iowa results should be a good enough reason to have Owens drop out. I hope he returns though.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 02:37:01 PM »

I've still been following this, as it is one of the best games we have ever had. I'm glad we have Biden still in the race.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2014, 01:36:52 PM »

The only way a Republican would endorse a candidate in the Democratic primaries would be some type of joke, just like Jimmy Carter's "endorsement" of Romney. There is no way that would happen.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2014, 03:33:00 PM »

The only way a Republican would endorse a candidate in the Democratic primaries would be some type of joke, just like Jimmy Carter's "endorsement" of Romney. There is no way that would happen.
Tell that to Olympia Snowe and Arlen Specter... who both endorsed Biden.
..…And they are all in the Senate and are known moderates from vulnerable states. Jon Huntsman is to the right of both of them and his moderate reputation is all rhetoric.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2014, 04:12:51 PM »

My virus protection is saying that a certain file used by NYE is Malaware infested; it's best to delete the Old North Church pic before someone without protection is infected.
Atlas Has Shrugged
ChairmanSanchez
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2014, 03:14:25 PM »

OOC: That beauty and the beast cast list is the most hilarious thing I've ever seen. But realistically, no way could you get all of those people to put on Beauty and the Beast for a political fundraiser.

OOC; I admit, probably not...
OOC: Most fundraisers pretty much involve paying $50,000 dollars to eat dinner at a rich guys house while a candidate gives a stump speech about why he needs money.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies