2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 01:26:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154346 times)
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« on: March 30, 2014, 08:14:02 PM »

George Allen for President? Donors say yes!

Washington D.C. -- Looking at the field, there is a lot of ideological difference: You see neo-conservatives, you see moderates, you see conservatives, and you see libertarians. What you don't see, somewhat ironically considering Bush's campaign, is compassionate conservatism. With a strong democratic field forming, conservatives are worrying who can lead them forward, and not seeing too many answers in the field. For this reason, millionaire donors are calling for Senator George Allen to step into the field. An anonymous Republican donor told us; "We want a slam dunk, and we don't see that in the current field."

Senator Allen has given many indications that he would think about a run, but seemed more hesitant than the rest of the field. His responses were usually either a strong 'no' or a gravely doubtful consideration. However, with more and more people both in the base and donors calling for his run, many of his staffers are saying that he's considering it more deeply now. An anonymous Allen staffer has told us; "Allen has talked to party leaders in Iowa and South Carolina, getting a feel on the ground, and has started to build resources."

Allen's fundraising has been fairly strong, and comparative to many of his fellow Senators, he's looking stronger. The question is whether or not he has the prowess to compete on the national scale.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2014, 12:56:17 PM »

George Allen - I'm in!

"Ladies and gentlemen, we are in the thick of it. We are in the middle of a war, we are returning our economy to a growing state, and we are trying to move forward on reform. The Democrats want us to go backwards, they want us to stop in the middle and say, let's quit. To that I say, no way.

As Governor of Virginia, I fought for my citizens every step of the way. We reformed welfare on a large scale, we increased sentences on violent offenders, and we reformed education. The American people want someone who will espouse solutions, not cause controversies.

Yet that's exactly what the Democrats want to do. They want to go backward, out of Iraq. They want us to fall back into the fear-riddled days of post-9/11 2001. They want us to go back on our promises to reform education, they want government to have its mits over your healthcare. That healthcare is yours, and government should be as out of the way of the private citizen as it can!

Virginia knows me well enough, but going around the country, I see the rest of the country doesn't, and they're hungering for a new face on the field. George W. Bush is someone I believe who has done a magnificent job as the President of the United States, and I believe we can do even more in his direction. I think my opponents are all good men, with good qualifications, and constituencies that respect them, but I think we can offer even more than them for the path forward! With my election to the Presidency, we can reform entitlements in a way that will save us money in the long run, we can cut taxes for everyone, and we can finally solve that immigration problem we've had for years.

Because today is the day. I am announcing my candidacy for President of the United States!"
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 08:56:34 PM »

The George Allen Campaign stands with Represent America, a valiant force that will reform our electoral system.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 06:39:59 PM »

This round closes tonight at 10:30 pm EST.
I will have polling/info up by tomorrow for Round IV.  
Is everyone up for a debate to take the place of Round IV and then moving to the middle of December for Round V.

Can we move that to tomorrow night please??
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »

George Allen for President: September 21st - 27th Campaign Schedule

"In the darkest of times, what brings us together most is our values. I believe marriage is between one man and one woman, and we need to have a family-based system in order to survive. We need to encourage marriage more, we need to fight abortion where it stands, and we need to encourage more house ownership. I want to further the policies of this administration and get more and more people to own homes."

September 21st:
Announcing opening of Campaign Headquarters in Des Moines, Iowa
Barnstorming in West Des Moines, Iowa
Town Hall in Ankeny, Iowa
Barnstorming in Ames, Iowa
Town Hall in Boone, Iowa

September 22nd:
Barnstorming in Webster City, Iowa
Town Hall in Fort Dodge, Iowa
Barnstorming in Iowa Falls, Iowa
Rally in Cedar Falls, Iowa
Rally in Waterloo, Iowa

September 23rd:
Town Hall in Manchester, Iowa
Town Hall in Anamosa, Iowa
Barnstorming in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Rally in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Televised Appearance

"Conservatives have seen Rudy Giuiliani's pro-choice and pro-gay marraige views, and they aren't pleased. I believe he will dampen turnout in the general election, and lead to a win for the Democrats. Those views are extreme to the American public, and will only lead to our defeat. I can offer a protection of our values, and I can offer a winning conservative platform."

September 24th:
Meet and Greet in Nashua, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Salem, New Hampshire
Barnstorming in Manchester, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Concord, New Hampshire
Town Hall in North Sutton, New Hampshire

September 25th:
Town Hall in North Mrytle Beach, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Marion, South Carolina
Meet and Greet in Mullins, South Carolina
Town Hall in Conway, South Carolina
Barnstorming in Georgetown, South Carolina

"South Carolina voters understand the need for deep tax reform. My opponents will offer more carve-outs, minor cuts, and ultimately, no real reform. My plan is to reform to a flat tax, eliminating deductions with the exception of the Housing reduction, and expanding that one to encourage growth in owning homes. We need to encourage healthy familial relationships, and that can only happen when taxes are low and possible homes are abundant. Only a tax code as simple as the one I am willing to offer will do that."

September 26th:
Fundraiser in Beaufort, South Carolina
Barnstorming in Charleston, South Carolina
Town Hall in North Charleston, South Carolina
Town Hall in Mt. Peasant, South Carolina
Barnstorming in Summerville, South Carolina

September 27th:
Meet and Greeting St. Matthews, South Carolina
Barnstorming in Columbia, South Carolina
Barnstorming in Newberry, South Carolina
Fundraiser in Atlanta, Georgia
Town Hall in Athens, Georgia

New Ad: Family Values

George: "I wouldn't be the same person I am today without Susan."

Susan: "And I wouldn't be the same without George. Together, we make a good team. If I know anything about George, he's a fighter, and he cares deeply about this family. I know he will fight hard for your family."

George: "I'm George Allen, and I endorse this ad, because familys are important."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2014, 08:20:21 PM »

Campaign Manager: Karen Hughes

"I'm happy to sign on with the George Allen for President campaign! The Senator has shown, beyond a shadow of a doubt the compassion and level-headedness necessary to continue to surge in Iraq. I have no doubts that our mission forward will be a steady one."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2014, 10:16:51 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2014, 10:18:36 PM by Attorney General Max »

"With all due respect to Mayor Giuliani, Defense Secretary Rumsfeld, and Governor Johnson, I think we need to have a strong debate about the issues. I'm not about petty squabbles, and I believe in a big tent conservative party, but when candidates espouse positions that are fundamentally against what the people of this country want, those views should be brought to the open and discussed. The fact is, Secretary Rumsfeld, we all know you are a great Defense Secretary, but the issues extend beyond foreign policy. It's not petty to discuss someones views. If discussing substantive issues is 'childish', then I don't want to be an adult."

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2014, 01:57:00 PM »

George Allen Debate Answers

Question 1: What is the biggest difference between you and President Bush and where are you similar?

Allen - President Bush and I stand together on most issues. His reform of education has my support, as does his invasion of Iraq and Afghanistan, and his reform of our tax code. That being said, I am one of the Republicans that will stand against immigration reform. I believe we need more people who come into this country legally, but we need to limit people who violate the law. I have voted to build a fence, and I will continue to fight illegal immigration. I also feel I go further than President Bush on a lot of issues. We have done a great job with taxes, but we need to go even further, and we need to do more with prison sentences to punish violent offenders. Finally, President Bush and I differ on spending. I will cut spending on unnecessary programs, and keep government working within its means.

Question 2 - Senator, what is the reason Republicans should nominate over the other candidates?

Allen - "Ain't that a loaded question. I think I am the most fit to tackle the problems that face us in the future. As Virginia Governor, I reformed welfare and education in the state. I have the ability to push through conservative solutions. I have legislative experience and executive experience, which puts me ahead of the rest of the field. The rest of the field is filled with people who have skills and beliefs that would make them far better than the Democrats, but I think I am the most willing to fight for family values, fight against illegal immigration, and stand with the American people."

Question 3 - How would you handle the War in Iraq and the War on Terror?

Allen - "I have no complaints about the administrations tactics in Iraq. We have to make Iraq stable before we make any sort of movement outward. The American people are still concerned about terror, and we have to fight it as hard as we can. I support a troop surge in Iraq, and I also support strengthening the effort to capture Osama Bin Laden. We have to defeat terror where ever it stands, that's the only just thing we can do."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2014, 08:22:11 PM »

When are we getting state by state polls?
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2014, 09:09:43 PM »

George Allen For President 2004: Campaign Schedule for September 28th-October 4th

"In electing George W. Bush President, the state of Florida knows you can not tax and spend your way to prosperity! I will make it easier, not harder, for American families to find their way to the American Dream. I will cut taxes, lower spending, and reduce the regulatory burden on our small businesses, and allow for a revolution of job creation and innovation in our economy. We have been saddled for far too long by the waste of Washington, and it's time we empower the people instead of empowering government!"

September 28th:
Meet and Greet in Panama City, Florida
Meet and Greet in Port Joe City, Florida
Barnstorming in Tallahassee, Florida
Opening up a new Campaign Office in Tallahassee, Florida
Town Hall in Madison, Florida

September 29th:
Barnstorming in Gainesville, FLorida
Town Hall in Starke, Florida
Fundraiser in Jacksonville, Florida
Rally in Jacksonville Beach, Florida
Town Hall in St. Augustine, Florida

"I'm glad you asked me that question, and I'm surprised at the fact that there were no questions about Gun Control for the Republican side in the debates too. Well, I'm going to surprise a lot of people tonight by saying I do believe in Gun Control... by using both hands *laughter and applause* The Brady Bill and the Assault Weapons ban have and will do nothing to stop gun violence, only lawful Americans with their rights fully in tact can. I support the Second Amendment rights of Americans fully, and the fact that Democrats are willing to shred the constitution for their own feeling of security is deeply unamerican."

September 30th:
Town Hall in Hanover, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Lebannon, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Einfield, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Plymouth, New Hampshire
Opening Campaign Office in Plymouth, New Hampshire

October 1st:
Meet and Greet in Wentworth, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Warren, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Lincoln, New Hampshire
Meet and Greet in Bethlehern, New Hampshire
Town Hall in Lancaster, New Hampshire

"Our next president needs to be someone who has a strong backbone. Tough, ready to go against those who go against the American people. As President, I will fight the War on Terror, but I will fight also the the Terror that is within our own borders. In Virginia, I have already done so: Honesty in sentencing for violent offenders. We need to allow states to punish those who are terrorizing their citizens the ability to do so. As President, I will be tough on crime."

October 2nd:
Town Hall in Keouk, Iowa
Town Hall in Fort Madison, Iowa
Opening Campaign office in Burlington, Iowa
Barnstorming in Muscatine, Iowa
Barnstorming in Iowa City, Iowa

"President Bush and I have one major disagreement among one another, and that is how do we deal with the problem of illegal immigration. I will stand with the millions of Americans who are against the breaking of our laws and saying that we don't want to reward people for crimes! We have to create a system that rewards people who have come to this country through the proper channels, instead of rewarding those who don't. The whole incentive system has been wrong for a long time, and when I'm President, that will change."

October 3rd:
Barnstorming in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Barnstorming in Marshalltown, Iowa
Town Hall in Oskaloosa, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Ottumwa, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Osecola, Iowa

October 4th:
Meet and Greet in Red Oak, Iowa
Town Hall in Council Bluffs, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Dension, Iowa
Opening Campaign office in Sioux City, Iowa
Barnstorming in Sioux City, Iowa

Surrogates:

FILL IN AS THEY COME IN
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2014, 09:55:36 PM »

OOC: I don't think we were instructed to make full-fledged schedules this round, but sure why not

Yea, I wasn't sure either.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:10 PM »

George Allen for President - Campaign Schedule (December 7th-13th, 2003)

"It's quite simple: we have to persue an all of the above energy strategy. Drilling where we can, following any sort of energy source. We can't afford to be stingy, and with the war on terror, even more today than ever before do we need to get energy independent. The fact that some want to stifle possible growth and employment in this area startles me, but it's the goal of an Allen administration to cut red tape and all growth in this industry."

December 7th:
Meet and Greet in Nogales, Arizona
Barnstorming in Tuscon, Arizona
Town Hall in Oro Valley, Arizona
Town Hall in Casa Granda, Arizona
Opening Campaign Office in Scottsdale, Arizona
Media Appearance

December 8th:
Barnstorming in Phoenix, Arizona
Town Hall in Peoria, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Wickenburg, Arizona
Meet and Greet in Camp Verde, Arizona
Town Hall in Cotton Wood, Arizona

December 9th:
Barnstorming in Tulsa, Oklahoma
Town Hall in Claremore, Oklahoma
Town Hall in Bartlesville, Oklahoma
Meet and Greet in Ponca City, Oklahoma
Barnstorming in Stillwater, Oklahoma

"I'm seeing a lack of debate over the issues in this campaign, under the name of big tent. That's a nice idea, a party with diverse people, but I think it's also a way of saying the party should be as blank slate as possible. That's not what this campaign about. This campaign is about big ideas that will fix this country, this campaign is about traditional conservatism, this campaign is about peace through strength! I will fight for you!"

December 10th:
Barnstorming in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Meet and Greet in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Barnstorming in Norman, Oklahoma
Town Hall in Seminole, Oklahoma
Town Hall in McAlester, Oklahoma

December 11th:
Meet and Greet in Shenandoah, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Clarinda, Iowa
Town Hall in Creston, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Centerville, Iowa
Town Hall in Pella, Iowa

"Let me be straight with you: the mission in Iraq is working. And we will continue to work on making Iraq a suitable ally and democracy in the region. In addition, we are still on the hunt for terror, and I will only upgrade those efforts. Democrats who are threatening to cut our militaries involvement are only putting our troops in harms way. As Ronald Reagan puts it, peace through strength!"

December 12th:
Town Hall in Altoona, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Ankeny, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Perry, Iowa
Town Hall in Boone, Iowa
Meet and Greet in Webster City, Iowa

December 13th:
Town Hall in Claremont, New Hampshire with Pat Buchanan
Barnstorming in Concord, New Hampshire with Pat Buchanan
Town Hall in Allenstown, New Hampshire with Pat Buchanan
Town Hall in Dover, New Hampshire with Pat Buchanan
Barnstorming in Rochester, New Hampshire with Pat Buchanan

Surrogates:

Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA)

"The culture war by the Democratic Party is continuing. We are seeing liberalism and its effects on America all across the nation. President Bush has done his best, but even Ronald Reagan had a hard time against the scourge of liberalism. That's why I am endorsing George Allen for President. He's the most conservative candidate, he's dedicated toward policies that will help American families rather than grow Government."

December 7th-9th: Barnstorming across Iowa
December 10th, 11th: Barnstorming across Pennsylvania
December 12th, 13th: Senate work in D.C.

Congressman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA)

"George Allen is what we need for the future: Strong, conservative leadership. He's the only one in the field, of what I've seen, who has truly taken to fight illegal immigration. In Virginia, he has an extremely strong record of results, and is someone who could truly make change in Washington."

December 7th-9th: Barnstorming in South Carolina
December 10th-12th: Congressional Work in D.C.
December 13th: Barnstorming in Tennessee

Columnist Pat Buchanan (R-DC)

"I considered endorsing Gary Johnson, due to his foreign policy views, but when I saw Allen's policy planks, he stands as a very strong fiscal conservatives with results behind his record, and a culturally conservative set of beliefs. He's by far the leader of this field, and he will be the man to look out for in the general."

December 7th-10th: Rest
December 11th-13th: Barnstorming in New Hampshire

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2014, 10:53:12 PM »

White House Chief of Staff Andy Card - "Allen's my man!"

"The person who I've been most impressed with, by a large margin, is Senator George Allen. He's put forward proprosals that strengthen the American family, fix a lot of our future problems, and fights terror more up front. I have been a fan of his since his days as a congressman even before running for Governor, but I am proud to throw him a bone and endorse him in his run. I hope more in the administration think to do the same."

Former Iowa Congressman Jim Lightfoot weighs endorsement for Senator Allen

"I've looked at this race over and over again, and I have come to the very clear conclusion that there is one person who can lead this nation in to a bright and prosperous future, and that is George Allen."

New Hampshire Governor Craig Benson backs Virginia Senator

"In New Hampshire, much like the rest of the nation, we want someone who will cut taxes, lower spending, and allow the free market to exist, and I see no one who represents those ideas better than George Allen. He's the most pro-life member of the field, he's the most dedicated to free trade, and he's down to fighting illegal immigration. To me, he's the only choice for conservatives."

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2014, 09:03:25 PM »

George Allen for President: Campaign Schedule (December 14th-27th, 2003)

George Allen: "There he goes again, Bill Owens is out there trying to persuade all of you that he has a perfect record when we all know that is far from the truth. I endorse Medicare Part D because it lowers costs on prescription drugs through cutting taxes. I don't think the plan was perfect, but it was a good plan that gets results. Bill Owens, meanwhile, fails to pass an initiative for water storage and loses every single county. We need someone with a record of success in Washington, and I have a record of success."

December 14th-17th:
Bus Tour of South Carolina
Barnstorming across the state
Meeting with the State Party with Bob Goodlatte
Meet and Greets
Fundraising in Columbia

"Missouri is at the center of this election, and let me just say this. The Democratic field has the following people: a trial lawyer, the wife of a former President with no accomplishments at her current job, two career politicians, and a certified radical. These are the kind of people where, if you dig in their background even a little, you'll find plenty of things that are askew. That's why I say, when the general election comes, no matter what polling says today, that I would beat all of them in a general election, and I think every person in the field would do the same. That's why we need to make this election about who represents us the best, rather than who is the most moderate by scaring everyone of a possible Hillary Clinton Presidency."

December 18th-20th:
Bus Tour of Missouri
Meet and Greets all across the state
Barnstorming in Springfield, Jefferson City, St. Louis
Town Halls in Bolivar, Lebannon, Clinton, Warrensburg, Lees Sumit, and Booneville
Opening Campaign Offices

December 21st-24th:
Bus Tour of Iowa with Rick Santorum
Meeting with State Party
Town Halls in Smaller Counties with Rick Santorum
Meeting with Volunteers and Staffers
News Blitz

"Americans don't want excuses. I don't give excuses for my record. Medicare Part D was the right thing to do. We have to fix the Healthcare Problem, and by creating Health Savings Accounts, that's the first step. It partially privatizes the system. Look, I'm not going to be the person that says its perfect legislation, but to say that the Entitlement problem is worsened because of this policy is a flat out lie, and I would want Bill Owens to tell our President that he has exacerbated the very thing he went out to fix."

December 25th - 27th:
Dinner with New Hampshire Governors
Barnstorming throughout the state with Governor Craig Benson
Town Halls in smaller cities with Pat Buchanan
Opening Campaign offices
Meet and Greets all across the state

"We don't want somebody who will tell us what we want to hear. We want someone to tell us what is wrong and how he will fix it. George Allen has consistently proven he will do the right thing. Fighting illegal immigration? check. Supporting a strong foreign policy and national defense? check. Cutting taxes in Virginia? check. George Allen is the godsend we need for America, and I hope New Hampshirites see exactly what I see in him."

Major Ad Buy: Change
This ad will air in New Hampshire, Iowa, South Carolina, Missouri, Arizona, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.

"We can't change Washington by electing the same people. Meet George Allen: not a career politician, and a leader in fiscal responsibility. He has introduced in the Senate a line item veto, a balanced budget amendment, and Paycheck Penalty legislation. If only Washington were up to his speed."

"The issues we face today are the same ones we've faced for a long time, and I have the experience, as Governor, Senator, and businessman, to tackle these issues. If you elect me, we can deal with these issues head on, with reliable leadership you can count on. I'm George Allen, and I approve this message, because fighting hard is better than standing aside."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2014, 11:19:38 PM »

An Editorial: For President, George Allen

With the loss of an outstanding candidate, the choice got a lot harder. However, following George W. Bush's strong legacy and precedent as President, only George Allen has the leadership capabilities to make our country. We believe that George Allen is a candidate of conservative conviction: his record both as Governor and Senator shows this.[/font]

The field has been relatively strong, with many candidates making their mark on their states and country, but one thing that came up in our decision was conviction. Allen has had by far the most conviction to the values that are set forth in this newspaper. The campaign has attempted to move away from the issues, but Allen has consistently put forward a substance based campaign.

When push came to shove on healthcare, George Allen decided to make a change for the better. Other candidates criticized him for it, but a change for the better is just that: a change for the better, and Allen recognizes that. Making substantive changes in Washington is key toward the future of America, and we are choosing the candidate most likely to make those changes.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2014, 09:49:33 PM »

George Allen Debate Responses

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.

"What has happened in New Hampshire, and it's evident of what is continuing to happen in our country. Our economy is becoming service based and manufacturing is leaving this country. My jobs plan, and my whole platform, has been endorsed by the New Hampshire Union Leader, and that is through comprehensive tax reform, and eliminating harmful regulations. I will cut the number of regulations this nation has back to the age of Reagan."

"We need to keep America safe from terror, and being able to fight terror in this new generation is key, and the Patriot Act is absolutely the right way to do so. I think it is irresponsible that liberal Democrats want to roll back something so important to our safety, and I think the Patriot Act should not only be renewed, but it should be expanded, so that we can even more aptly fight terror."

"That is a good question, and one of the things I am worried about is entitlements. The Republican Senate put together a plan to save Medicare by reducing costs for prescription drugs, and that was the first step to reforming the program all together. I am of the belief that we need to raise the retirement age: with people living longer, its the only smart thing to do.  Along with that, I would allow partial privatization of Social Security, allowing you do with your money what you want. Allowing more freedom for the program and raising the retirement age, we will cut costs for the future while giving more healthcare choices. The future of healthcare stands with the Republican Party and I will fight for these free market reforms."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2014, 06:25:46 PM »

George Allen Campaign Schedule - December 28th, 2003 - January 10th, 2004

"Some might tell me, well, George, Delaware isn't a swing state. Delaware is a deep red Democratic state. And what I say to them is that that is deeply untrue. Governor Pierre DuPont is from Delaware, elected by large margins, and endorsed strong tax reform and social security changes to make it solvent for the future. Pierre DuPont is someone who never compromised on his values. Neither do I. People in the state of Delaware are no different from people anywhere else: they want a leader with strong convictions. I have never backed away from any view I have had. People expected me to back away from Medicare Part D, but I won't, because that is a healthcare accomplishment of the President, and I back it 100%. Delaware Governors like DuPont, Castle, and Senators like Roth are the type of people that get things done, and I am very much of their brand of conservatism."

December 28th-30th [Delaware]:
Barnstorming throughout the state of Delaware
Building Campaign offices in New Castle County, Delaware
Speech at the Republican Party of Delaware
Meeting with Pierre DuPont and Michael Castle (seeking endorsements)
Town Halls in New Castle County, Delaware
Meet and Greets elsewhere in the State

"Our chances in New Hampshire are looking stronger every day. We recently received the endorsement of the New Hampshire Union Leader, after Pat Buchanan left the campaign to endorse our ticket. Things are looking better for this campaign every day Bill, and I have a feeling we are going to win, not just in Iowa, not just the nomination, but the whole thing!"

December 31st - January 4th [South Carolina]:
Media Appearances
Fundraisers along the shore of South Carolina
Bus tour across the state
Barnstorming in Columbia, South Carolina
Town Halls across the State
Meeting with Congressman Jim DeMint (Seeking Endorsement)

Radio Ad in South Carolina - Ideas

"My opponents talk big about having an honest debate over the issues, but they never get to it. Only our campaign has put together plans that will put America forward. Only our campaign has put forward a plan for a flat tax, that will create thousands of jobs and cut billions in taxes. Only our campaign has put together a plan that will solve the social security crisis of tomorrow, by making sacrifices today. Only our campaign has the willingness to say that if we don't do something about wasteful spending, our country will be in a fiscal crisis. We will fix America, with your support.

I'm George Allen, and I approve this message, because this campaign is the campaign of ideas."

January 5th-10th [Iowa]:
Town Halls throughout the state of Iowa
Visit every county on the Northern side of Iowa
Meeting with the Iowans for Life
Meeting with top Iowa staffers to discuss strategy
Rallies in Sioux City, Cherokee, Fort Dodge, Iowa Falls, and Waterloo
Speech in Cedar Rapids, Iowa

"I have seen what has happened in this state happen in many before: manufacturing jobs are leaving this country. It's a shame, and the problem is a lack of innovation. Other countries, like China, are lowering wages beyond what is allowable here, and taking all of the jobs. We have to combat that somehow, that's why my plan incentives Businesses to stay here, by cutting everyones taxes, allowing more money for people here, and more money for businesses to hire people. It's simple supply side, and it will work!"

New Surrogates:

"My endorsement goes to George Allen. He has the most fiscally responsible plan of any of the candidates out there, and is one of the few willing to truly tackle illegal immigration and social security. He's only way our future looks anything but bleak."
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2014, 09:01:47 AM »

The Allen campaign expresses its condolences and hopes for a speedy recovery for Mr. Edwards
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2014, 02:52:49 PM »

George Allen for President - January 11th - 14th, 2004

"Activist Justices have changed our country for the worse. We need justices that will respect the constitution. The constitution does not say anything about abortion, and we need a judge that will reverse the activist ruling of Roe v. Wade. I promise that I will put a Supreme Court justice who follows the constitution!"

January 11th, 2004:
Meet and Greet in Sioux Center, Iowa with Rick Santorum
Town Hall in Le Mars, Iowa with Rick Santorum
Town Hall in Cherokee, Iowa with Rick Santorum
Meet and Greet in Storm Lake, Iowa with Rick Santorum

"We are seeing the decline of the American family. President Bush has done his best, but the progress of progressive liberals have made America worse. A truly pro-life President can fix this issue, and with your endorsement, you elect a pro-life President in 2004!"

January 12th, 2004:
Town Hall in Dension, Iowa with Jim Ross Lightfoot, Dick Armey
Meet and Greet in Carroll, Iowa with Jim Ross Lightfoot, Dick Armey
Town Hall in Harlan, Iowa with Jim Ross Lightfoot, Dick Armey
Meet and Greet in Atlantic, Iowa with Dick Armey
Meet and Greet in Council Bluffs, Iowa with Dick Armey
Town Hall in Creston, Iowa with Jim Ross Lightfoot, Dick Armey
Speech for Iowans for LIFE

"I've met manufacturing workers in Iowa, and I see America changing in the wrong direction. With China and other countries lowering wages, we are losing our edge ahead of the rest of the world in terms of our economy. We have to make a change: and that's where my plan to utterly slash regulations for these companies and lower the tax burden on job creators. Supply side economics allows wealth to trickle down, and the people at the bottom profit."

January 13th, 2004:
Barnstorming in Des Moines, Iowa with Rick Santorum, Dick Armey
Barnstorming in West Des Moines, Iowa with Rick Santorum, Dick Armey
Barnstorming in Ames, Iowa with Rick Santorum, Dick Armey
Town Hall in Ankeny, Iowa with Dick Armey
Town Hall in Newton, Iowa with Rick Santorum
Meet and Greet in Grinnell, Iowa with Dick Armey
Meet and Greet in Iowa City, Iowa with Rick Santorum

"We have a government that overtaxes and overspends. The waste of our government is going to consume us all if we don't do the necessary things we need to do. Democrats don't understand it, and Republicans are shamefully cowardly to do much about it. However, we have a Republican who totally understands the problems of the future, and that man is George Allen. Reforming Social Security, cutting taxes to make them flat, cleaning out the code, he has a plan that will create jobs and put America on the path toward fiscal solvency, something we have pushed back for way too long."

January 14th, 2004:
GOTV in Davenport, Iowa
GOTV in Cedar Rapids, Iowa
GOTV in Waterloo, Iowa
GOTV in Cedar Falls, Iowa
GOTV in Webster City, Iowa
GOTV in Ames, Iowa
GOTV in Des Moines, Iowa
GOTV in Sioux City, Iowa
Victory Party in Sioux City, Iowa

Television Ad: A Model for Leadership
Large Ad buy in all the states up to February 10th, 2004

"Iowans for LIFE recently endorsed George Allen's record on Life issues, calling him 'a model leader'. His record in Virginia is looked to as a model for future Governors of the state, reforming education, prison sentences, and balancing the budget. His leadership in the Senate on those issues puts him on the top of Conservative ratings. He's the premier choice for this election.

I'm George Allen, and I approve this message."

New Surrogates:

"George Allen and I are two different kind of Republicans. However, I am someone who values good results, and as a leader, Allen has gotten very good results in the state of Virginia. He doesn't talk about it much on the campaign trail, but he has the ability to get things through on a bipartisan basis: His dedication to research needed to grow our economy is one thing I believe that both parties can jump on board with. America needs an R&D revolution, and the only candidate I've seen who really puts that idea forward is George Allen"

January 11th, 12th - Congressional Duties
January 13th, 14th - Barnstorming in New Castle County, Delaware

"George Allen's campaign platform has a lot of plaques that, If I remember correctly, are pretty similar to my own when I was running back in 1988. Reforming welfare so we can ween people off of it and into jobs, reforming social security so that we can keep it solvent for years to come, and cutting taxes to make a flat rate. However, these ideas have a lot more traction in todays party, and we have a leader who is capable of expressing these ideas far better than I. George Allen will be a capable President and he has my endorsement!"

January 11th - Rest
January 12th-14th - Barnstorming in New Castle County, Delaware
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2014, 05:27:56 PM »

Other Surrogates

Chief of Staff Andy Card

"I am thoroughly excited for this campaign. Allen's run a solutions-based, substance based campaign, and I am proud of the work they have done. They have earned my endorsement. Other people on the field I have seen I have been less impressed with, but obviously it's better to talk about what is good than what is bad. "

January 11th - Media Appearances for George Allen
January 12th - Barnstorming in Southern New Hampshire
January 13th, 14th - Chief of Staff duties for President Bush

Commentator Pat Buchanan

"Whatever disagreements I have with Senator Allen, it does not matter. That is not the most pressing issue in my mind. The most pressing issue to me is the Life movement. We need to protect life wherever we are, and what Allen has shown me is that he is willing to do so. Iowa voters show him with a strong lead, and that, to me, is the reason."

January 11th - Barnstorming in New Hampshire
January 12th - Barnstorming in Iowa
January 13th - Rest
January 14th - Media Appearances

Congressman Bob Goodlatte

"Virginians already know George Allen, and we love the work he has done, and we can only hope that he makes the same impression on all of you!"

January 11th, 12th: Barnstorming in South Carolina
January 13th, 14th: Congressional Work

Governor Craig Benson

"You can't tax your way to prosperity. My fellow New Hampshirites, Senator George Allen has fought his hardest to get your tax dollars back in your pocket, and we have a choice in this primary: we have establishment candidates running on their empty records, or we have a man running on conservative accomplishments. I don't think it's a choice for me!"

January 11th, 12th: Town Halls in New Hampshire
January 13th, 14th: Gubernatorial Duties
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #20 on: April 24, 2014, 06:46:34 PM »

The Freedom for America PAC TV AD
Airing in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, North Dakota, Arizona, New Mexico, and Missouri

"Liberal Democrat Bill Clinton said of Rudy Giuliani..."

"he's the closest to us on social issues, the closest to us on fiscal issues"

"Do we really want four more years of Clintonesqe fiscal and social policies that ended in a recession?

Rudy Giuliani - A Clinton Republican"

The Freedom for America PAC sponsored this ad

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2014, 01:18:55 PM »
« Edited: April 25, 2014, 01:39:05 PM by IDS Legislator Maxwell »

George Allen Victory Speech!

"I got a call from Donald Rumsfeld congratulating our campaign on a well-deserved victory in the state of Iowa. I want to thank everyone for this victory, including my beautiful wife, my loving family, and my wonderful campaign staff. Together, we can make a true difference for this country. New Hampshire is our next goal, and the pollsters have us in last, but by the end of these next two weeks, we will come out on top in the state! You better believe it!"

Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2014, 01:31:00 PM »

NEW ENDORSEMENTS:

Treasury Secretary John Snow - Allen's campaign is the most substantive

Washington D.C. - George Allen made a quick flight shortly after his Iowa win to D.C., to receive the endorsement of Treasury Secretary John Snow. This is an important endorsement: even if though one of the Bush administration people is running for the Presidents office, it shows the administration itself is still split on who to endorse, and along with Andy Card, a large chunk of the administration has backed George Allen's mission for the Presidency.

South Carolina: Senator Lindsey Graham and Former Congressman Arthur Ravenel Jr. endorse Allen

Charleston, South Carolina - South Carolina is looking like the make or break state now for Virginia Senator George Allen's Presidential campaign, and he's received two very important endorsements: Senator Lindsey Graham, and Former Congressman Arthur Ravenel. Lindsey Graham, in spite of only two years in the Senate, has shown he already has a lot of power among the South Carolina delegation, and even the South Carolina Republican Party as a whole. Arthur Ravenel has strong connections to donors, which makes fundraising for Allen in the state much easier. These endorsements should put Allen over the top in a state where he currently holds a narrow 4 point lead over Rudy Giuliani.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #23 on: April 25, 2014, 02:36:39 PM »

Press Conference in Washington D.C.

"Senator Jeffords comments about Republicans are offensive, and I demand that he take his statement back. This is the second time Hillary Clinton's major endorsers have gone off the leash to say something abhorrent or damaging to her own campaign. It's as if she's trying to lose. Well, if she wins the nomination, we'll certainly give her what she's looking for in November!"
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix

« Reply #24 on: April 25, 2014, 03:59:11 PM »

George Allen for President Schedule - January 15th - 26th, 2004

New Ad: Strong on Defense
This ad will air in New Hampshire, South Carolina, North Dakota, Arizona, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Tennessee, Michigan, Washington and Maine

"Americas enemies are looking to damage us far beyond that of the 9/11 attacks. We need a leader who is willing to stand up to terror and fight for freedom across the world. Meet George Allen: strong on national defense, he has a plan that will rid the world of Saddham Hussein and terror in the next four years. He is endorsed by Colonel Lindsey Graham, a leader in America's foreign policy. Electing George Allen means defeating terror. Let's get it done!

I'm George Allen, and I approve this message, because strong leadership, leads to a stronger nation."

January 15th-17th (D.C. and Delaware):
Receiving endorsement from Treasury Secretary John Snow
Meeting with Republican Leadership in D.C.
Press Conference in D.C.
Barnstorming in New Castle County with Michael Castle and Pierre DuPont IV
Town Halls throughout Delaware with Michael Castle and Pierre DuPont IV
Meet and Greets in Sussex County and Kent County, Delaware with Michael Castle and Pierre DuPont IV

"Innovation in this country is being strangled by the regulatory arm of our federal Government. With my hand on the wheel as President of the United States, I will lower the regulatory burden that this country has faced and make sure that businesses in this country have the ability to innovate and grow. We must always prefer innovation and freedom to regulation if we want to be successful as a nation."

January 18th-20th (South Carolina):
Announcing Endorsement with Lindsey Graham and Arthur Ravenel Jr.
Meeting with the South Carolina Legislature with Lindsey Graham
Barnstorming the Coastal area of South Carolina with Lindsey Graham and Arthur Ravenel
Town Halls in Central South Carolina with Lindsey Graham
Meeting with Major South Carolina Donors with Arthur Ravenel Jr.
Fundraisers in Columbia, South Carolina with Arthur Ravenel Jr.

"South Carolina has a notable history of picking Presidents. No nominee has ever gone on to win the nomination without the state of South Carolina. President George W. Bush, for example, lost New Hampshire, but won the state of South Carolina. Now that's not to say we're going to lose New Hampshire, we are gunning to win every state we can, but South Carolina picks President, and we look pretty damn good in South Carolina, wouldn't you agree, Lindsey Graham and Arthur Ravenel! *applause*"

January 21st - 26th (New Hampshire):
Meeting with New Hampshire Republican Party with Craig Benson
Media Appearances throughout the week
Meet and Greets in Rural Areas of New Hampshire with Craig Benson
Barnstorming in Major Cities of New Hampshire with Craig Benson
Strategy Meeting at the end of the week
Beginning GOTV operations in all of the states
Town Halls throughout the whole state

"To answer your question, I have no intention to let pundits, news casters, or my opponents decide which states I win or lose. If I let that happen, then I just shouldn't have run. New Hampshire bleeds red, and we are going to win New Hampshire, not just tomorrow, but in the general election as well. New Hampshirites aren't going along with the tax and spend liberal ideas that the liberal Democratic party has been putting out as of late, nor their weak on defense attitude. New Hampshirites are tough on crime, and perhaps most important of all, New Hampshirites understand the sanctity of life. Come and join this expanding campaign and together we will get this nation on track to get its glory back!"
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies