2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 01:07:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154480 times)
Warren 4 Secretary of Everything
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -4.70

« on: May 06, 2014, 06:01:31 PM »

What happened to Edwards? Wasn't he leading the pack just a while ago?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 06:14:27 PM »

Can I doll out an Edwards Ad as a SuperPAC?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2014, 11:49:38 PM »

Wouldn't this be seen as kinda a blatant power-grab on the part of Giuliani and the GOP?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2014, 09:24:25 PM »

OOC: Well I guess I'll point out that 1) NYE left this game and IMO has no right to come back and decide how Clinton endorses. Had I left the game as Biden without endorsing I would not come back and do this. And 2) Clinton said she would endorse after a clear delegate lead was established; we have actually become closer in delegates since then. I haven't decided how I'll respond as Biden.
I must concur with badgate. It's kinda unfair to leave the game and then come back and all but totally decide the Democratic Nominee.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2014, 10:24:31 PM »

OOC: Sad to see it's over, that was amazing! None of the primary fights in the other games, from Ayotte as the last man/woman standing to Biden v. Gore, Duke upsetting Bush, Dean v. Obama v. Lincoln v. Winfrey and Quayle v. Powell v. Kemp have been so detailed and with such a display of effort. Congratulations to you both!
Dean and I (Obama) went all the way to the DNC, and I was hoping Edwards and Biden would too.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2014, 01:09:19 AM »

Congressman Kucinich will soon be making a statement in his hometown of Cleveland, Ohio.
Deer God, please don't be doing what I think you're doing.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2014, 01:57:21 PM »

REPORTER: Senator Lincoln, this is big news for you. How do you feel?

"I feel great. All across Arkansas and the entire country there has been a movement brewing. A movement for Change. My record speaks for itself. I don't go with the establishment. I wasn't elected to go along and get along. My mission is to fight for those without a voice and to give them a role in our democracy. For far too long the special interests and people at the top have been getting the breaks all at the expense of working families. No more. With Joe Biden leading the charge, we'll make sure everybody gets a fair shot and a chance at living the American Dream."

REPORTER: Your running mate has said that the Iraq war was a mistake, where do you stand? Have you changed your position because of your addition to the ticket?

"No, I haven't changed my position because of my addition to the ticket. President Bush provided the people with intelligence reports stating that Saddam Hussein possessed Weapons of Mass Destruction. We know now that there are none. My positivism has changed because I've seen that the Administration was wrong to go invading another sovereign nation."
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2014, 02:51:27 PM »

Forgot about that game. I played as Kerry in the primary.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2014, 06:57:43 PM »

July 28, 2004
Night #3, America looking forward

Sen. John Breaux

Sen. Bill Nelson

"It is my great honor to introduce the former President of the United States, Bill Clinton!"

Former President Bill Clinton

Gov. Bill Richardson

Sen. Blanche Lincoln -- Vice Presidential candidate

Statement from Biden for America

FOR MEDIA: Taken from the floor of the convention, a photo of Sen. Blanche Lincoln accepting the nomination for Vice President of the United States

OOC: Acceptance speech otw.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: June 22, 2014, 07:55:59 PM »

Blanche Lincoln Accepts The Democratic Nomination for Vice-President
"My fellow Democrats and Delegates, I Give You The Next Vice-President of the United States, Senator Blanche Lincoln!"
"Thank you, thank you all so much. Thank you. Thank you Bill Richardson, you make us all proud."
"In this election, we face a stark choice. Will we continue on the current path, two wars overseas with no end in sight and a middle class suffering under the booth of big business special interests, or will we make the Change that America deserves: one that provides universal health care for everyone, one that ends the War in Iraq responsibly, one that elects a President that stands with you and fights for you.

Now let's look at what the Republicans have put forward."

*Pauses to Let Audience Think*
"Don't worry, I'll wait. That's right. They have nothing to put forward because all of their ideas are straight outta the past. And that's all Rudy is focused on. His attacks are outta the past. His ideas are outta the past. The only thing we've seen is blatant corruption."

"And Senator Hutchinson has the gall to compare Rudy to President Eisenhower. Really? I think a far more apt comparison would be Tricky Dick. Rudy Giuliani is focused on rewarding his friends at the top, not on you. If you want a President that believes in the power and future of working families and the American  People, I urge you to check the only name on the ballot that is anywhere near that description: Senator Joe Biden!"
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2014, 08:45:16 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2014, 12:40:15 PM by Clinton1996 »

Lincoln Schedule for Week of September 3rd
"It's time to get this show on the road. We're gonna hit Rudy, and we're gonna hit 'em hard. We're going to all 50 states, and we're gonna bring our promise of a new America to the people."

Flight to Arkansas
-Town Hall in Ft. Smith, AR
-Meet & Greet in Ft. Smith, AR
-Voter Registration in Jonesboro, AR
-GOTV in Jonesboro, AR
-Campaign Rally in Fayetteville, AR

Flight to Missouri
-Meet & Greet in Joplin, MO
-GOTV in Joplin, MO
-Voter Registration in Branson, MO
-Town Hall in Branson, MO
-Campaign Rally in St. Louis, MO
"Let's be honest Joplin. Now ask yourself the question, does Rudy Giuliani really understand you? Does he get your needs. Would you trust the future of your family and it's financial well being in his hands? Look at his record, compare it to Joe Biden's, and you'll have an answer quicker than Rudy can yell for his boss's name."

Flight to West Virginia
-Voter Registration in Beckley, WV
-GOTV in Harper's Ferry, WV
-Voter Registration in Harper's Ferry, WV
-Campaign Rally in Charleston, WV
-Town Hall in Charleston, WV

Flight to Virginia
-Meet & Greet in Arlington, VA
-GOTV in Arlington, VA
-Voter Registration in Alexandria, VA
-Town Hall in Alexandria, VA
-Campaign Rally in Richmond, VA
"Joe Biden is a man that can basically be summed up in one word: Amtrak. Since the day he joined the Senate, every night, no matter what, he boarded the Amtrak and went home to his boys. Because he was all they had, and he them. He cares deeply about his family, and yours too. And a President Biden will make sure the future is singing bright for you. And that's why he'll raise the minimum wage, to protect workers. That's why he has a comprehensive Health Care reform plan. Because he's in this fight for you, the American working class."

Flight to North Carolina
-Meet & Greet in Durham, NC
-GOTV in Durham, NC
-Voter Registration in Charlotte, NC
-Town Hall in Charlotte, NC
-Campaign Rally in Raleigh, NC

Flight to Georgia
-Meet & Greet in Alpharetta, GA w/ Pres. Carter
-GOTV in Alpharetta, GA w/ Pres. Carter
-Voter Registration in Macon, GA w/ Pres. Carter
-Town Hall in Macon, GA w/ Pres. Carter
-Campaign Rally in Warner Robins, GA w/ Pres. Carter
"Warner Robins is an Air Force Base town. Well I don't have to tell you folks that, you live here. But I do have to ask, do you folks feel safe knowing that the USAF is here protecting you? Senator Biden has been one of the foremost voices on foreign policy in the Senate. And I can tell you right now, he knows what he's talkin' about. His two main concerns in this campaign are the working class families suffering under the boot of the Bush/Giuliani America, and making sure our nation is kept strong, free, and respected across the globe. We also welcome a man who did that job himself and is here to offer his full hearted endorsement, President Jimmy Carter!"

Flight to Florida
-Meet & Greet in Tallahassee, FL
-GOTV in Tallahassee, FL
-Voter Registration in Naples, FL
-Town Hall in Naples, FL
-Campaign Rally in Jacksonville, FL

Schedule edited to reflect Carter endorsement.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2014, 05:28:34 PM »

OOC: This escalated quickly. Now the VICE-a president of the United States is giving a nationally televised addres? How often does that happen?
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2014, 08:58:43 PM »

"Did you folks here Kay Bailey Hutchinson the other day? She's the Republican nominee for VP, and she took it upon herself to decry the Democrats' attack ad on her boss. And here's what she said, I sh!t you not, "Joe Biden doesn't want to address his tax and spend legacy and, instead, wants to dig through Giuliani's history." Really lady? You know something's wrong when Republicans try to take the high road on campaigning. It's ok to attack Uncle Joe for plagiarizing a speech back in 1987, but hit Big Rudy on getting his fancy tickled on Father's Day and you've gone too far. I love the Republicans."
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2014, 09:17:31 PM »

Flight to Arkansas
-Town Hall in Ft. Smith, AR
-Meet & Greet in Ft. Smith, AR
-Voter Registration in Jonesboro, AR
-GOTV in Jonesboro, AR
-Campaign Rally in Fayetteville, AR
"I've spent the better part of the last decade serving you and the state of Arkansas, and I've always tried to do right by you. So take it from me, the right choice for Arkansan's and Americans is Joe Biden. He is the only candidate in the race with the experience, ideas, and vision to keep Americans safe and free.

-Rest Day/ No Public Events

Surrogate: Sen. Mark Dayton & Fmr. Vice-President Walter Mondale
Flight to Minnesota
-Voter Registration in Rochester, MN
-GOTV in Rochester, MN
-Voter Registration in Duluth, MN
-Campaign Rally in Duluth, MN
-Town Hall in Eagan, MN
"Sen. Biden, unlike Rudy, does have a healthcare plan, one that is universal and takes care of everybody. Basically what Mr. Giuliani has been saying is, "Don't like Biden even though he actually has a plan, but vote for me and I'll do something. I just don't know what right now"."

Surrogate: Sen. Tom Harkin
Flight to Iowa
-Meet & Greet in Ames, IA
-GOTV in Ames, IA
-Voter Registration in Sioux Falls, IA
-Town Hall in Sioux Falls, IA
-Campaign Rally in Iowa City, IA

Surrogate: Rep. Tammy Baldwin
Flight to Wisconsin
-Meet & Greet in Racine, WI
-GOTV in Racine, WI
-Voter Registration in Oshkosh, WI
-Town Hall in Oshkosh, WI
-Campaign Rally in Madison, WI
"What we've seen from the Giuliani campaign has been nothing but negative tactics and I think it's pretty obvious why. The guy has no idea, no plans for America's working families. He just wants to be President. Contrast that with Sen. Biden's many clear proposals. We want to scale back our presence in Iraq and bring our guys home. We want to raise the minimum wage to a level conductive to a prospering middle class and economy. We want to provide universal health insurance to every man, woman and child, regardless of economic level. And we can do it together."

Surrogate: Gov. Jennifer Granholm
Flight to Michigan
-Meet & Greet in Lansing, MI
-GOTV in Lansing, MI
-Voter Registration in Flint, MI
-Town Hall in Fint, MI
-Campaign Rally in Detroit, MI

Surrogate: Rep. Ted Strickland
Flight to Ohio
-Meet & Greet in Cleveland, OH
-GOTV in Cleveland, OH
-Voter Registration in Cincinnati , OH
-Town Hall in Cincinnati, OH
-Campaign Rally in Lima, OH

"I can tell you folks right now that Ohio is gonna be ground zero for this race. So goes Ohio, so goes the country. Joe Biden will win Ohio in November, because he is the candidate of the middle class. He is the man who I guarantee you will fight the special interests that Giuliani has dedicated his life to helping and stand up for you."

Surrogate: Rep. Sherrod Brown
-Meet & Greet in Springfield, OH
-GOTV in Springfield, OH
-Voter Registration in Canton, OH
-Town Hall in Canton, OH
-Campaign Rally in Akron, OH

Surrogate: Gov. Ed Rendell
Flight to Pennsylvania
-Meet & Greet in Lancaster, PA
-GOTV in Lancaster, PA
-Voter Registration in Philadelphia, PA
-Town Hall in Philadelphia, PA
-Campaign Rally in Scranton, PA
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2014, 11:43:53 PM »

OOC: I was dreading the day this picture was used LOL

It was far too funny to pass up.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2014, 08:43:33 PM »

Lincoln Schedule for Week of September 19th

Surrogate: Fmr. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen
Flight to New Hampshire
-Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
-Meet & Greet in Portsmouth, NH
-Voter Registration in Concord, NH
-GOTV in Concord, NH
-Campaign Rally in Dover, NH

Surrogate: Fmr. Gov. Jeanne Shaheen
-Town Hall in Dover, NH
-Meet & Greet in Laconia, NH
-Voter Registration in Laconia, NH
-GOTV in Nashua, NH
-Campaign Rally in Nashua, NH

Surrogate: Gov. Mark Warner
Flight to Virginia
-Voter Registration in Alexandria, VA
-GOTV in Alexandria, VA
-Voter Registration in Arlington, VA
-Campaign Rally in Arlington, VA
-Town Hall in Richmond, VA

Surrogate: Sen. Mark Dayton
Flight to Minnesota
-Voter Registration in Rochester, MN
-GOTV in Rochester, MN
-Voter Registration in Duluth, MN
-Campaign Rally in Duluth, MN
-Town Hall in Eagan, MN

Surrogate: Sen. Mark Dayton
-Meet & Greet in Minneapolis, MN
-GOTV in Minneapolis, MN
-Voter Registration in St. Paul, MN
-Town Hall in St. Paul, MN
-Campaign Rally in Bloomington, MN

Surrogate: Gov. Tony Knowles
Flight to Alaska
-Meet & Greet in Anchorage, AK
-GOTV in Anchorage, AK
-Voter Registration in Juneau, AK
-Town Hall in Juneau, AK
-Campaign Rally in Fairbanks, AK

Surrogate: Fmr. Gov. Ross Miller
Flight to Nevada
-Meet & Greet in Elko, NV
-GOTV in Elko, NV
-Voter Registration in Fallon, NV
-Town Hall in Fallon, NV
-Campaign Rally in Boulder City, NV

Surrogate: Sen. Harry Reid
-Meet & Greet in Boulder City, NV
-GOTV in Henderson, NV
-Voter Registration in Henderson, NV
-Town Hall in Carson City, NV
-Campaign Rally in Carson City, NV

Surrogate: Fmr. Gov. Roy Romer & US Sen. Candidate Ken Salazar
Flight to Colorado
-Meet & Greet in Boulder, CO
-GOTV in Boulder, CO
-Voter Registration in Denver, CO
-Town Hall in Denver, CO
-Campaign Rally in Aurora, CO

OOC: Here's my skeletal schedule as I used to call it.
Clinton1996
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2014, 06:26:39 PM »
« Edited: July 25, 2014, 06:28:43 PM by Clinton1996 »

Blanche Lincoln Debate Response
You must be logged in to read this quote.
"First if all, I'd like to thank you Gwen, for agreeing to moderate this debate and Case Western Reserve for hosting. It is so good that each of us can get our ideas out into the public conscience and help the voters make an informed electoral decision. It's also a great honor to have a woman moderating. We're in the same boat sister.

On to your question though,I feel the contrasts between our candidacies are clear: Senator Biden and I have actually been presenting plans and ideas to help move this country forward. Now it's one thing to actually run on a platform and another to run on platitudes while pretending you have any idea what you want to do.

Our opponent represents the ideas of the past and nothing but a continuation of the Bush/Cheney Doctrine of invade now, ask questions later. A retread of policies that favor the wealthy and those at the top, while completely ignoring the needs and problems of working families. Senator Biden has spent his entire career fighting for the Middle Class, and in Arkansas I've done the same."

"What Massachusetts has done is bold, but i'm not sure it's the right choice for the whole country. Senator Biden is a faithful Catholic, and I am a lifelong Episcopal. Our faith informs us and brings us to compassion and acceptance of gay couples; we know from the teachings of The Lord that it is not our place to assign sin or punish for them.

And Senator Biden and I are in full support of the rights afforded by civil unions: hospital visitation, benefits when somebody loses a loved one, the ability to file taxes jointly. But marriage should be left to the states. America obviously is not done discussing this issue. We are immensely supportive of that conversation and encourage all Americans to see both sides before deciding a stance. Otherwise we would be doing ourselves a disservice. We fully support states rights and the power of the Tenth Amendment."

"With regards to this question, I regret to inform you that its premise is false. When the Bush administration presented Congress and the public with false information, that information made it completely justified to remove Saddam Hussein from his reckless reign of power.

But Senator Biden was on the Foreign Affairs committee that met with President Bush. The President, his Vice President, advisors, Secretary of Defense Rumsfeld and NSA Rice all lied to the Senators on the committee. To their face.

Look, when a kid spills milk you make them clean it up to learn a lesson. But this isn't just some spilled milk. This is about the lives of our military members, and the Bush administration swindled the country into putting their lives in danger based upon untrue information.

What can be said about Hussein is that his regime kept peace between the Sunni and Shiite factions of Iraq, and without him we are seeing the beginnings of a civil war. Senator Biden and I are the only realistic option to make sure these problems and messes caused by Bush are fixed responsibly with as little loss of life as possible."

"Over the past four years we've experienced a cycle of tragedy, national solidarity, and anger. More than any time in recent history, America's destiny is not of our own choosing. We did not seek nor did we provoke an assault on our freedoms and our way of life. We did not expect nor did we invite a confrontation with evil. Yet the true measure of a people's strength is how they rise to master that moment when it does arrive. But facing us now, in this election, is a choice.

Will we continue on a path of untethered war in far off foreign lands? Or will we put in place policies that invest in the infrastructure here at home? Will we provide cuts and breaks for those at the top who've enjoyed an easy ride from the Bush Administration, or will we help raise the boats of working families everywhere? Senator Biden and I put our money in you, the American people. And in November, we're counting on your vote. Thank you, and goodnight."
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies