2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 05:41:33 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154387 times)
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« on: March 29, 2014, 05:53:04 PM »

Given that the sequel to the 2008 might have to wait for a while and since I only have two or three turns left as Quayle in the 2000 one, I thought, why not? And so...

Known and Unknown: Rummy in 2004!

Washington DC, September 1st, 2003:
Shortly after President Bush's announcement and with five Republicans already running for the Presidency, Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld held a press conference and announced that he will run for the Republican Nomination in order to defend the policies of the Bush Administration.

"It is with great sadness that I have witnessed President Bush's choice against a reelection campaign, and I feel America will soon change the perception it has on this President, and we will be able to look at him as the brave leader he has been to the free world since the dreaded attacks of September 11, 2001. And I'm sure you will see a lot of critics and people who will question his judgement and the policies of this administration, even within our party. I, as a man who has been fighting along with George Bush and Richard Cheney for almost three years, cannot sit back and see the legacy of this President be destroyed by such negativity, and so I will indeed seek the Republican nomination for President of the United States.

Some will dismiss my efforts in light of my time out of elective office, but I have a very successful record as a Congressman, Secretary of Defense, White House Chief of Staff,  U.S Ambassador and as a member of the private sector, experience which is crucial to be the leader America deserves for the 21st Century. This is a time of great consequence, and our duty is to make the right decisions today, so that future generations will not have to make much harder decisions tomorrow. It may well be comforting to some to consider graceful exits from the agonies and indeed the ugliness of combat, but under President Bush's leadership, this country made a decision to confront the extremist ideology of hatred that spawned a worldwide movement, and to take the fight to the enemy. The alternative was inaction and defense, and that is a pattern that history has shown only emboldens the enemy. But I say this to you: terrorist don't win. And they're not going win here.

The natural state of man is to want to be free. To have opportunities. To have choices. A Rumsfeld administration will keep America safe and we will continue this path of freedom, and at the same time we will be able to focus on the problems that America has. I am not advocating for moderation or conservatism, I am advocating for common sense solutions to our problems. Comprehensive reform in heath care and education, the continued reform of our military, a balanced budget while increasing our defense spending, a new tax cut (15% across-the-board) to stimulate our economy, and anti-poverty policies that will help us reach new levels of prosperity. We need a President that is tough but fair, and I am ready to be that President.

Here goes Donald Rumsfeld, America!"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 11:22:27 PM »

If we got a game thread up without any polling data or whatever so that the already-announced can start, that'd be great. Let anyone else hop in til the agreed upon start date.

I definetly support that!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 02:42:50 PM »

Six/seven democrats and six republicans? I think one more candidate for each party would be perfect to begin the game!
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 04:41:48 PM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Prologue:
(Or, manipulating the news cycle)

1.- Resignation:

Washington DC, September 7th, 2003:
A few days after Secretary Rumsfeld's announcement, and with his campaign ready to launch, the Secretary has chosen to resign as Secretary of Defense in order to pursue his campaign in a truly active way. Sources claim that President Bush was unhappy with the request, but he chose to accept, thus making Paul Wolfowitz the next Secretary of Defense.

"Few will forget the image of Don Rumsfeld as he helped rescue workers carry the victims from the rubble of the Pentagon on September the 11th, 2001," Bush said. "In the weeks that followed, he directed the effect to plan our nation's military response to an unprecedented attack on our soil. Under his leadership, U.S. and coalition forces launched one of the most innovative military campaigns in the history of modern warfare. But now, after a series of thoughtful conversations, Secretary Rumsfeld and I agreed that the time had come for new leadership at the Pentagon, and he desires to pursue higher office. Don Rumsfeld has been a superb leader during a time of change, and yet he also appreciates the value of bringing in a fresh perspective during a critical period in this war. I trust his deputy, Paul Wolfowitz, will do a great job in continuing the reconstruction of Iraq and the War on Terror, and while I will certainly miss Don, I wish him the best of luck in this future endeavours."

2.- The Team:

Rumsfeld Campaign Team

Campaign Manager: Jay Townsend
Deputy Campaign Manager: Dee Steward
Senior Strategists: Bernard Windon and Richard Williamson.
Campaign Treasurer: Ned Janotta
Press Secretary: Anne Womack-Kolton
Pollster: Glen Bolger
Economic Advisor: Jude Wanniski

With the Republican Field beginning to organize and with the massive hiring of consultants across the nation, Secretary Rumsfeld has not wasted his time. He is really aware that his bid in 1988 failed due to his campaign being a disorganized mess, and despite his age, “Rummy” seems determined to give it all. Knowing that if he wants to win he has to be 24/7 on the trail, he submitted his resignation to President Bush and left Defense on the hands of his protégé, Paul Wolfowitz. In order to match the political machines of his rivals, Rumsfeld has gathered a team of loyalists from his old days, some White House allies and new rising stars in the party. Rumsfeld decided to hire veteran consultant Jay Townsend to lead the campaign. He also brought Ben Windon, Ned Janotta and Richard Williams (old friends from his time at Searle), Glen Bolger, Dee Steward and Anne Womack-Kolton (young but promising figures) and his old ally Jude Wanniski. The Rumsfeld Team is a mixture of “has-beens” and “unknowns”, and it remains to be seen if they can actually handle such a hard primary.

3.- An Old Friendship:

Washington DC, September 8th, 2003:
With Donald Rumsfeld almost ready to take on the campaign trail, he has recieved his first (and hopefully not last) endorsement of the primary: his old friend and ally, Vice-President Dick Cheney. Both men held a joint press conference in which they spoke of the need to "stay the course" in Iraq, and Vice-President Cheney stressed that Rumsfeld is by far the most experienced candidate. Cheney is expected to lend Rumsfeld some of his assets, which might prove crucial in the long term.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 05:48:54 PM »

Looking at the official calendar for the GOP primaries, I noticed that there are a lot of caucuses (often lasting about a month). Is the primary schedule going to be different than OTL?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 07:01:40 PM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage One:

"If you look at the current field, you are going to see quite a good number of candidates, some of them new, some of them not so new, like myself (grins). You have Governor Bush and Mayor Giuliani in the top tier, then you have Buchanan, Owens and Johnson in a second tier. I honestly don't know where do I belong, but I trust the polls will be kind to me once they are released. And I can assure you this: I plan to compete everywhere. This is not a fight that should be resolved in two or three states, I honestly want to tour the entire country so all Republicans can decided on whom they want as their nominee. I don't mean to brag here, but you certainly can't overlook my experience."

September 7th:
-Cleaning House/Washington DC:
 -Final Press Conference as Secretary of Defense.
 -Goodbye Party with staff, final meeting with President Bush.
 -Opening of Rumsfeld HQ in Washington DC.
 -First Strategy Meeting with Campaign Team.
  -Choosing a strategy: Build a national network before going to the ground.
  -Hiring more staffers for the National HQ.
  -Meeting with George Schultz and Frank Carlucci.
  -Discussing the creation of a website.

September 8th:
-Cleaning House II/Washington DC:
 -Joint Press Conference with Vice-President Cheney (formal endorsement).
 -Second Strategy Meeting with Campaign Team:
  -Website to be launched next week.
  -Donors already called, meetings set up for the following days.
  -Hiring former Cheney staffers and advisers.
 -Fly to New York City, NY.

September 9th:
-Fundraising I:
 -Meeting with donors in New York City, discussing Giuliani with them.
 -Fly to Philadelphia, meeting with Pennsylvania donors.
 -Fly to Columbus, meeting with Ohio donors.
 -Fly to Chicago, meeting with Illinois donors.
 -Fly to New Hampshire, hire the first NH staffers, preprare the inauguration of the HQ.

September 10th:
-New Hampshire, I:
 -Opening of New Hampshire HQ in Manchester, NH.
 -Tour of Manchester, greeting voters across the city.
 -Rally in Manchester, NH. (Speech on the beginning of the race)
 -Meeting with Republican officers and consultants.
 -Dinner with New Hampshire donors.

September 11th:
-Fundraising II:
 -Fly to New Orleans, meeting with Louisiana donors.
 -Fly to Dallas, meeting with Texas donors.
 -Fly to Atlanta, meeting with Georgia donors.
 -Return to National HQ in Washington DC, go to 9/11 ceremony at Arlington Cemetery.

September 12th:
-New Hampshire, II:
 -Opening of a new office in Nashua, NH.
 -Barnstorming Nashua, NH.
 -Opening of a new office in Concord, NH.
 -Barnstorming Concord, NH.
 -Town Hall in Salem, NH.
 -Town Hall in Berlin, NH.

September 13th:
-Preparing the Caucuses:
 -Meeting with volunteers and Republican officers in Cheyenne, Wyoming.
 -Meeting with volunteers and Republican officers in Juneau, Alaska.
 -Meeting with volunteers and Republican officers in Augusta, Maine.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 05:06:20 PM »

Reminder that this round will close at 10 pm EST tonight; with the next round beginning sometime tomorrow.

Also Jeb Bush will be dropping out of the race.

Any chance we could get a new player as John McCain? Losing one candidate at the first turn would already change the dynamics a lot, and I think it would make things more realistic.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 09:10:49 AM »

Rumsfeld 2nd, claims Gingrich endorsement:

Washington DC, September 14th, 2003:
Former Secretary Rumsfeld got a surprising second place in the national polls, and he is within a shot of several early states. Today, Former Speaker Newt Gingrich announced his support for Rumsfeld at a rally in South Carolina, and he promised to mobilize both conservative and establishment support for Mr. Rumsfeld.

"Don Rumsfeld has been one of the most tireless and loyal supporters of the war on terror from the very beginning, a no doubt a tireless crusader for freedom. He has been easily the most visible and articulate Cabinet member since September 11th, and he has probably, among other things, done more for the press conference than anyone in Washington since John F. Kennedy. (Laughs) I met with Secretary Rumsfeld at the Pentagon recently, and I asked about his plans, his choice of words and his choice to run for President, and he gave me a truly fascinating response. Rumsfeld is the man we need to win the war on terror and keep America safe, and I personally ask conservatives to step in and support him for the nomination. There are other good choices, sure, but I trust Don to be the right man for the job, and I trust him to stand up for the Republican Party and our values."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 09:46:13 AM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Two:

"Second place... Well, that certainly puts some issues to rest, don't you think? It's about time we remind the voters that I'm ready to win! There has been a lot of criticism on behalf of the democrats in regards to the handling of Iraq, and I guess I can't stay silent on this one. Senator Clinton's comments are perhaps the most fun, given that she gave the war her vote on the Senate. Thank you, Senator, we couldn't have done it without you! (Laughs) But really, no nation in memory that has made the transition from tyranny to a free society has been immune to the difficulties and challenges of taking that path, not even our own. To rebuild Iraq will take time, and it won't be easy, but just as our founders suceeded after hard work, after trial and error, then the Iraqi people can rise and welcome democracy. And I will not abandon the struggle, not after the sacrifices our troops have made!"

September 14th:
-Iowa, I:
 -Opening of a new office in Des Moines, IA.
 -Opening of a new office in Cedar Rapids, IA.
 -Town Hall in Waterloo, IA.
 -Town Hall in Ames, IA.
 -Meeting with Republican Officers and Governor Terry Branstad. (Seeking him not to endorse anyone)
 -Rally in Des Moines, IA.

September 15th:
-Iowa, II:
 -Opening of a new office in Danveport, IA.
 -Opening of a new office in Sioux City, IA.
 -Rally in Dubuque, IA.
 -Rally in Ankeny, IA.
 -Rally in Urbandale, IA.

September 16th:
-Washington DC III/South Carolina I:
 -Third Strategy Meeting with Campaign Team.
  -Website ready (launched later that day)
  -Meeting establisment friendly donors.
 -Lunch with Dick Cheney, discussing potential collaboration.
 -Fly to South Carolina.
 -Rally in Columbia, with Newt Gingrich.

September 17th:
-South Carolina II:
 -Opening of a new office in Charleston, SC.
 -Opening of a new office in Columbia, SC.
 -Hiring staffers and volunteers for the South Carolina operation.
 -Meeting with Governor Mark Sanford (seeking endorsement).
 -Renting a few buses for a SC Bus Tour.
 -Meeting with conservative activists.

"Send a message to the nay-sayers, South Carolina! Some mock me for supposedly being a poet, but I must say I have confidence that reasonable people find their way to reasonably right decisions. Sometimes it takes time. Sometimes there are circumstances that require some  to take somewhat longer than another, but nobody can say that America did not support the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and I don't plan to let the Democrats to surrender and give up in the crucial moment. Some say these war can't compare to the old wars of the past century, but as a very old man I respectfully disagree. (Smiles) You see, we live in a changed world, and these are the wars that we will have to face, sooner or later. And if we give up, if we tell the world that America is not even to be respected in the world stage... Well, I don't have to tell the good people of South Carolina what may or may not happen, you know that very well!"

September 18th:
-South Carolina III:
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Pontiac, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Summerville, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Spartanburg, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Sumter, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Goose Creek, SC.

September 19th:
-South Carolina IV:
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Florence, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Aiken, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Mount Pleasant, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Greenville, SC.
 -Bus Tour and Rally in Greer, SC.

September 20th:
-South Carolina V:
 -Barnstorming North Charleston, SC.
 -Barnstorming Rock Hill, SC.
 -Barnstorming Dutch Fork, SC.
 -Opening of a new office in Rock Hill, SC.
 -Opening of a new office in Dutch Fork, SC.

Surrogates:

Dick Cheney:

-September 14-16: Vice-Presidential duties.
-September 17: Meeting with key Republican donors in Washington DC, rally them for the Rumsfeld campaign.
-September 18: Campaign activities in Wyoming, attempt to raise a base of support for the caucus.
-September 19-20: Rallies in New Hampshire, appeal to foreign policy hawks to support Rumsfeld.

Newt Gingrich:

-September 14-17: Touring South Carolina, convincing conservatives to back Rumsfeld.
-September 18: Meeting with donors in Atlanta, Georgia. and host a fundraiser.
-September 19-20: Calling and meeting old allies and friends in Washington, trying to gain more endorsers and surrogates for the campaign.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 11:41:36 AM »

Donald Rumsfeld TV Ad: Experienced Leader for America:

States: Iowa, New Hampshire, Nevada, Wyoming, South Carolina and Illinois:

(We see clips of Donald Rumsfeld as a congressman in the 1960's, background music)

Voiceover: Donald Rumsfeld has been in politics for quite a long time, and he knows the kind of experience that a real leader should have. As a Congressman, Ambassador, White House Chief of Staff, Businessman and two times Secretary of Defense, he is more than qualified to deal with the many issues that America faces today. Active and capable, he is more than ready to lead.

Rumsfeld: Hello, America. I'm Don Rumsfeld, and I am running for President because America needs a strong, capable and experienced leader to win the War on Terror and keep us safe. Our lives have changed in the past years, but I have so much confidence in the American people that I believe we're going to be able to live in this world without giving up, and we will look to the past with pride, and we will know that we did everything humanly possible for our country.

Voiceover: A voice of experience for America, vote for Donald Rumsfeld..
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2014, 12:12:32 PM »

Biden/Rumsfeld Town Halls Announced:

Washington DC, September 20th, 2003:
Senator Joe Biden and Former Secretary Donald Rumsfeld have a surprise for the political world: they will host two small Town Hall meetings/debates in the states of New Hampshire (Nashua - Sept. 22) and South Carolina (Charleston, Sep. 26). As two known foreign policy experts, both candidates are expected to have a memorable discussion, and hopefully the event will recieve a lot of public. Senator Biden is also expected to make a statement regarding this event.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2014, 09:13:51 PM »

"To those naysayers who continue to believe that my candidacy is weak or that I don't have what it takes to get to the White House, well, I guess the most recent polling goes to show you what is the real opinion that America has on my candidacy. Not only I beat two Democrats and tie another one, I'm almost tied with the strongest candidates the opposition has to offer. I'm not going to brag all the way to Washington, but people have to acknowledge that Americans are willing to back a man who is ready to continue the legacy of President Bush, a man who is ready to win the war and bring economic prosperity."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2014, 10:17:25 AM »

Biden/Rumsfeld/Johnson Town Halls
(Questions)Sad

Town Hall I, Nashua, September 22:

1.- Do you believe you could do a better job than President Bush in preventing another 9/11-type terrorist attack on the United States?

2.- Can you give us specifics—in terms of a scenario, timelines, et cetera—for ending U.S.—major U.S. military involvement in Iraq?

Town Hall II, Charleston, September 26:

3.- If you are elected President, what will you take to that office thinking is the single most serious threat to the national security of the United States?

4.- What are your views in the Patriot Act? What would you do with it as President?
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2014, 10:46:02 AM »

Rummy fights on!

Washington DC, September 21at, 2003:
Despite losing some ground in the polls this week, Former Secretary Rumsfeld has promised to redouble his efforts and launch a strong assault this week, aided his town hall debates, the efforts that donors are making to refine his infraestructure, and his new donors: Anti-Corruption crusader Sen. Peter Fitzgerald and Gov. Mark Sanford. Hopefully this should give Rumsfeld a boost in the Midwest and in South Carolina, a state Rumsfeld considers key for the nomination.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Mark Sanford: Conservatives, Don Rumsfeld is your man!

"I can be honest with you when I say I have not seen people respond to a candidate with the enthusiasm that I saw them respond to Rumsfeld. The man is certainly not the youngest candidate, but I am amazed at his energy and his grasp of the issues. I met with him a few days ago in South Carolina, and that enough to make up my mind. It's only the beliefs, Donald Rumsfeld is the candidate conservatives need. This nation needs a strong leader with strong beliefs, and I can't think of a better man for the job. Conservatives, Don Rumsfeld is your man!"

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Peter Fitzgerald: It's time for a new style of leadership, vote Rumsfeld!

"Leadership is almost all in politics. Good leaderships leads to a strong nation, bad leadership leads to disaster. I haven't been always supportive of the President, but I stand behind him as a leader, and Rumsfeld is the man who can continue that legacy and add something of his own. They call him abrasive and arrogant, but they fail to understand the real meaning behind his words. And I call Illinois, no, the Midwest to get out and support our native son! It's time for a new style of leadership, vote Rumsfeld!"

Campaign Manager Jay Townsend on the recent developments:

"Well, with Senator Allen's entrance we were bound to take some losses, all candidates took them. I am confident that this week's push will be more than enough to make up for lost ground, and we will be back at the top! Polling shows that we can win the early states if we work hard enough, and so far our campaign has been organized enough to hnadle that. We have opened new offices, called new donors, and we have been endorsed by some pretty key figures in the establishment and the conservative wing. Some say you can't build a conservative-establishment coalition, but I say they are wrong. Rumsfeld is the only man here who can pull that move, and he is going to prove it. Besides, we have two town hall debates this week, and I feel we are going to have quite a good amount of positive press cover because of it."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2014, 06:13:56 PM »

OOC: I agree with the plan.

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Three:

"Make no mistake, America needs a strong leader to stand up and do what's necessary, as President Bush has. I have worked with Richard Nixon, Gerald Ford and Ronald Reagan, and those were leaders who understood the concept of leadership, who knew that something had to be done. And that is precisely what I want to do. We can't afford a leader who is untested, a leader who is not willing to do what is necessary, a leader that can't protect America. I trust my fellow Republicans, but when you look at the record, I am by far the most experienced candidate, and I have solid credentials in foreign and economic policy and in leadership. Efficiency is crucial to lead, and that's precisely what I am offering to America. A tested and capable leader."

September 21st:
-New Hampshire III:
 -Town Hall in Hampton, NH.
 -Town Hall in Keene, NH.
 -Town Hall in Weare, NH.
 -Rally in Concord, NH.
 -Rally in Berlin, NH.
 -Fundraiser in Nashua, NH.

September 22nd:
-New Hampshire IV:
 -Barnstorming Rochester, NH.
 -Barnstorming Salem, NH.
 -Interview with local media.
 -Rally in Manchester, NH.
 -Town Hall Debate in Nashua, NH.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

"Look, many people have talked to me about this, and they always said that what happened in 9/11 seemed amazing in retrospect. And it does, but the Bush administration was doing a good work on it, and I stand for those efforts. I knew of no intelligence during the six-plus months leading up to September 11th that indicated terrorists would hijack commercial airliners, use them as missiles to fly into the Pentagon or the World Trade Center towers. But I will tell you that a Rumsfeld admnistration will pursue even closer colaboration between our security agencies, we will do our best to empower the Dep. of Homeland Security, and we will intervene whenever necessary. We can't afford to have another 9/11, but if we do nothing about it, we won't keep America safe. We will lose valuable lives."

"Senator Biden seems a little bit confused to me here. He speaks of sanctions as the ideal way of acting against Saddam Hussein, yet he voted for the Iraq War and was very supportive of it at the beginning, as most of the Democratic Party was. And I don't understand and I certainly don't support this defeatist attitude. To leave Iraq now would mean the loss of our progress so far, it would mean to tell those veterans and those vidows that their sacrifice was meaningless. And no, it was not meaningless! I want to thank the courageous men and women in uniform all across the globe who risk their lives so that all of us can live in freedom, and I want to assure them that a Rumsfeld administration will only leave when the job is done and the insurgents crushed. I won't give you dates, although I believe this can be done in less than five years, provided we are responsible enough."

September 23rd:
-New Hampshire V:
 -Town Hall in Claremont, NH.
 -Town Hall in Lebanon, NH.
 -Barnstorm in Keene, NH.
 -Barnstorm in Merrimack, NH.
 -Rally in Dover, NH.

"New Hampshire is a state that deeply cares about the economy, and they can tell who is an economic expert and who is not. During the 1980's, I served as the CEO to a small company in trouble: Searle. With good and efficient management, Searle managed to expand greatly, leaving it as a truly powerful company. And that experience, as well as my work in Congress, taught me the need for responsbility to handle our economy. We need a balance budget, we need lower taxes for the middle class, we have to reform the tax code and make something truly efficient. I have the experience and the skills to do it, and I promise New Hampshire that our economy can keep growing with the right leader!"

September 24th:
-South Carolina VI:
 -Bus Tour in Sumter, SC.
 -Bus Tour in Florence, SC.
 -Bus Tour in Aiken, SC.
 -Rally in Rock Hill, SC.
 -Rally in Dutch Fork, SC.

September 25th:
-South Carolina VIII:
 -Rally in Greenville, SC.
 -Rally in Summerville, SC.
 -Rally in Mount Pleasant, SC.
 -Rally in North Charleston, SC.
 -Town Hall Debate in Charleston, SC.

"Terrorists, that's an obvious answer for me. Another attack on our people will be attempted. We can't know where, or when, but this is not the end of the War on Terror. On September 11th, our world changed. It may be tempting to think that once the crisis is passed that things will go back to the way they were. Not so. We've entered a new security environment, arguably the most dangerous the world has known. And if we're continue to live as free people, we cannot go back to thinking the way the world thought on September 10th. We're talking about global terrorism, but I think we can do an effective job on that problem. I think it will take a period of years, but this is a war we can and we will win."

"I am as concerned as everybody else is about civil liberties. This is a free nation, and it's certainly not with happiness that President Bush signed this act. But it had to be done if we want to avoid further damage to America, if we want to really know that we are safer. I guess my short answer is that I have confidence in the American people, and I don't doubt for a minute but that we're going to be able to live in this world, and I do think we're going to be able to live in this world without giving up an awful lot of our freedoms. I think the President put it well when he said that clearly we need to "have a heightened sense of awareness", for we must be vigilant. Someday we might be able to change it, but I would keep is as President."

September 26th:
-South Carolina VII:
 -Bus Tour in Spartanburg, SC.
 -Bus Tour in Greer, SC.
 -Bus Tour in Goose Creek, SC.
 -Bus Tour in Myrtle Beach, SC.
 -Rally in Columbus, SC.

"Of course, I'm not just a foreign policy guy. You see, I have been very supportive of President Bush's educational efforts, and I am of the opinion that we need to make an even stronger charge here. Back in the 1970's, I was one of the first members of Congress to support tuition tax credits, and I was always a strong voice for school vouchers, then as an experiment, now as the way to go forward. There's so much to do for education, and if our efforts are constant and our will strong enough, I am sure that we can help our next generation to conquer the 21st Century battlefields of technology."

September 27th:
-Missouri I:
 -Barnstorm in Columbia, MO.
 -Barnstorm in Independence, MO.
 -Barnstorm in Springfield, MO.
 -Rally in St. Louis, MO.
 -Rally in Kansas City, MO.

September 28th:
-Iowa III:
 -Rally in Des Moines, IA.
 -Rally in Cedar Rapids, IA.
 -Town Hall in Iowa City, IA.
 -Town Hall in Waterloo, IA.
 -Town Hall in Ames, IA.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 06:26:51 PM »

This round closes tonight at 10:30 pm EST.
I will have polling/info up by tomorrow for Round IV.  
Is everyone up for a debate to take the place of Round IV and then moving to the middle of December for Round V.

I definetly support the debate and moving to December, these games tend to suffer in November and we can keep the excellent momentum (in terms of activity) we have so far.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 10:02:43 PM »
« Edited: April 08, 2014, 10:07:10 PM by Senator Lumine »

Rumsfeld Press Conference in Washington D.C:

"Gentlemen, I really don't wish to be rude, but I suggest that we all try to grow up so we can get this "I'm conservative and you're not" fight over. It's not helping us as a party, and frankly, I am more worried about Senators Biden, Clinton and Edwards flip flopping on Iraq and trying to force our country to surrender the war on terror while picturing themselves as if they never voted for this administration's foreign policy agenda. I agree, we obviously need to have a contrast and compare our platforms, records and beliefs, and I'm sure we will see a contrast between ourselves in the debate, but I insist, we can't allow the Democratic Party to keep doing this and delivering such a message while we squabble. We're all Republicans, after all."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 03:49:48 PM »

Rumsfeld Debate Answers:

"Well, I think the simmilarites in terms of policy are rather evident: I stand for this War on Terror and for the liberation of Afghanistan and Iraq, just like the President. I am an ethusiastic supporter of his tireless educational efforts, his much needed tax cuts to the American economy, and in many ways of his style of leadership. But I do have a slighthy different philosophy, and a world view with a few key differences. Some like to call him arrogant, but I believe he bas been a humble man in light of the events of the past years. If possible, I would try to react even more strongly against the opposition, and specially when it comes all those Democrats who chose to flip flop on the War on Terror."

"My time as Defense Secretary has taught me many things, and one of those is the need for being perseverant, the need for taking a stand and saying: we can win, we are winning, and we will win this war. We will win the War in Iraq by rebuidilng the nation, by crushing the insurgency, by keeping our committment to our troops, our military, and our mission. Gov. Owens made an interesting point on the increased use of drones, but such efforts could only be used effectively in Afghanistan. I spearheaded an army reform back in 2001, and the lessons we all learned back them were that, as it pained us, American troops are needed in the ground, and their are decisive to win. In short, we have to stand our ground, increase cooperation between agencies, adjust the reconstruction plans for Iraq and Afghanistan and then prove the world that this is a war worth fighting and a war that we will win."

"I got a similar question in the Town Hall debate last week, and I stand by my comments. America is safer in the sense that there's far more public awareness of the dangers of terrorism, and it is safer because the American people have been receptive and they have taken this as seriously as they can, supporting their government's efforts to keep this country safe. On the other hand, there's the fact that another attack on our people may be attempted, and we can't know where, or when. That's why winning this war instead of retreating and not caring any more is crucial. Again, increasing cooperation between agencies and upholding legislation like the Patriot Act will be the key for prevention, because our government will have the tools it needs to fight terrorists in home and abroad.

And you know, I want to appeal to the American public directly on this issue. Things have been hard, I know, and I know that many of our are worried, concerned, even scared by this threat to freedom and our most deeply held values. But now it's the time to do something about it. And we will do something about it."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2014, 04:52:15 PM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Four:

"Senator Allen may very well believe my campaign is all about foreign policy affairs, and while I do tend to focus on that part and I have a great deal of experience in the subject, this campaign is trying to address much more than that. I wish to be a Republican who can provide a united front for all of us to defeat the Democrats, and I have been discussing many issues with the voters. And this week I have decided to undertake a tour of the states of New Hampshire and South Carolina, via town halls and rallies, to talk to the people and discuss my views, my beliefs, and my plans. I called it "Rumsfeld's Rules", and I sincerely hope the people will prove very receptive, for New Hampshire knows the good candidates when it listens to them. Onwards to the tour!"

September 28th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules I:
-Town Hall in Belmont, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Iraq).
-Town Hall in Gilford, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Education Reform)-
-Town Hall in Pembroke, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Gov. Efficiency).
-Town Hall in Plaistow, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Health Care).
-Rally in Nashua, NH.
-Fundraiser in Nashua, NH. (With Vice-President Cheney)

"Yes, ladies and gentlemen, we can increase the efficiency of the government, and we can do so by making it smaller. That's not to say we will eliminate all regulations, but let's be frank: many of those regulations don't serve a purpose, they increase beaurocracy and they end up hurting our own economy. As a former CEO you can trust me when I say that happens, because I had to deal with that in order to save my company from financial disaster. And I reduced beaurocracy, I increased efficiency, and the company ended up incredibly sucessful. America is not a company, but good leadership can make the difference and actually put government at your service."

September 29th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules II:
-Town Hall in Hollis, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Immigration).
-Town Hall in Hudson, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (China and Russia).
-Town Hall in Bow, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Taxes).
-Town Hall in Hannover, NH, with Peter Fitzgerald (Deficit and Spending).
-Interviews with local press.
-Meeting with New Hampshire war veterans.

"One of the differences between President Bush and I is the specific approach on immigration. We both want to address immigration reform, and we both want to stop the absurd amounts of illegal immigrants who come here every year. We have to encourage legal immigration, yes, but we can give people who come here illegally a prize for doing so, that would simply deliver the message that we don't care about a legal process. No, we have to be tough in this issue, we have to put more restrictions on illegal immigration, and we have to find a solution. And New Hampshire, I believe a good solution is to privatize and outsource."

September 30th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules III:
-Town Hall in Seabrook, NH, with Newt Gingrich (Values).
-Town Hall in Barrington, NH, with Newt Gingrich (Environment).
-Town Hall in Franklin, NH, with Newt Gingrich (Jobs).
-Town Hall in Milford, NH, with Newt Gingrich (Defense Spending).
-Meeting with Campaign Volunteers.
-Meeting with Republican Officers.

"I'm sure you have seen this fight on the most conservative candidate, and I'm sure that you are tired of it, as I am. You see, I don't want to be the most conservative, or the most moderate, or the most maverick candidate. I want to be the most Republican, I want to represent all Republicans and lead them into fight to win this election. I believe in free markets, in a truly strong foreign policy, in the reform of our government to make it more efficient, I believe in families, and I will take a very strong stand for them. To be slightly less or slightly more conservative won't matter if you don't have a coherent agenda, a strong message, and capable leadership, which is what I am trying to offer."

October 1st:
-Rumsfeld's Rules IV:
-Rally in Concord, NH.
-Rally in Rochester, NH.
-Rally in Salem, NH.
-Rally in Dover, NH.
-Rally in Merrimack, NH.
-Touring Campaign Offices in New Hampshire.

"I've seen the rise of many candidates in New Hampshire with a great deal of interest, and while I believe Rudy Giuliani is indeed my main rival, there are two men very strong here, Pat Buchanan and Gary Johnson. They appeal to the state of many issues, but I believe that foreign policy is not one of those. I don't believe we should be an isolationist nation, I believe America should be proud of being the strongest country and it should do positive things about it, like leading this charge against terrorists, this War on Terror. People say: Oh, no, Rumsfeld just wants to invade very country on Earth. And I say, no, but America has to step in and be a positive and assertive leader."

October 2nd:
-Rumsfeld's Rules V:
-Touring Nashua, NH:
  -Talking to shop owners.
  -Rally in Nashua Town Hall.
  -Visiting Republican activists.
-Touring Manchester, NH:
  -Campaign Event in New Hampshire HQ.
  -Fundraiser.
  -Tour of downtown Manchester.

"The media always likes to jump to conclusions very quickly, and the latest polls have led some to argue that my campaign is not winning traction, that we won't be able to make it regardless of our enthusiasm, beliefs and experience. But I will defy that view, and I will tell you this:I can win in New Hampshire. Some say the polls are not encouraging enough, but I will say as clear as I can that I see a chance for victory in New Hampshire. We see a lot of messages with different offers, but I think my platform will prove the most interesting to the Live Free or Die state. New Hampshire will take its own stand in a few months, and I will do my best effort to fight as hard as I can and win this decisive primary. If you stand with me, we can do it."

October 3rd:
-Rumsfeld's Rules VI:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Summerville, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Greenville, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Pontiac, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Mount Pleasant, SC.
-Rally in Columbus, SC with Gov. Mark Sanford.
-Campaign Team meeting in Columbus HQ.

"One of the sad truths of the world is that if Saddam Hussein was still in power, he would be rolling in petrodollars. And I am supportive of the environment as any other public servant, but it's about time that we acknowledge that we have the resources to drill here and cut energy prices. Texas, Alaska, the Midwest, so many places in which, by dropping a few unnecessary regulations and providing some funds, we could reach energy independence in a few years. I call for America to take that opportunity, and we will be able to avoid dependence from foreign oil, something that we don't need."

October 4th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules VI:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Spartanburg, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Sumter, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in James Island, SC.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Dutch Fork, SC.
-Rally in Charleston, SC with Gov. Mark Sanford.

"I can already see Saturday Night Live or one of those TV shows making a parody about me being too focused on foreign policy. I tried my best to explain my views on almost everything to you, but there is some truth in that, I've had some experiences that make it hard for me to ignore or neglect foreign policy. When the Pentagon was hit on 9/11, I was there. And in the middle of the smoke and chaos, and while you see so many people you know facing such a horrible moment, you think: It could have been me. I could have died. And you get an entirely new perspective, you truly understand the costs of making mistakes in foreign policy. We can't neglect that area, South Carolina, we cant."
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #19 on: April 11, 2014, 11:17:36 AM »

Sununu and Frist for Rumsfeld!

"I believe the state of New Hampshire wants and needs a solid Republican with the right mix of public and private sector experience in the White House. We have great candidates fighting for this state, but no one can match the levels of experience Don Rumsfeld has. I also believe he has a very comprehensive plan for America, so I don't he is only focused on foreign policy, as some have said in the past weeks. We can do it, New Hampshire, let's get out there and elect Rumsfeld as the next President of United States of America!"

"As the Senate Majority Leader I can't tell you how hard it has been to enact our agenda, but we have done so with hard work and the full support of the President. We need a strong leader as Bush's sucessor, a man who will stand up to the Democrats and support our efforts for better Education, for better Health Care, for family values. The Republican field has many great individuals, men that would probably do a great job, but Former Secretary Rumsfeld is the man who can truly lead us to victory not only in the election, but working in the White House as well. Moderates, conservatives, establishment supporters, Rumsfeld is your man!"
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #20 on: April 11, 2014, 10:37:31 PM »

Rumsfeld Surrogates:

Dick Cheney:

-September 28-30: Helping the Campaign Team to win more donors and party officers in Washington D.C.
-October 1-4:: Holding fundraisers and Campaign Events in South Carolina.

John Sununu:

-September 28-30, October 1-4: Holding Rallies across New Hampshire in support of Rumsfeld, emphasis on economic experience.

Peter Fitzgerald:

-September 28-30: Rallies in Illinois.
-October 1-4:: Barnstorming through Iowa with Bill Frist.

Bill Frist:

-September 28-30: Town Halls in Missouri and Oklahoma.
-October 1-4:: Barnstorming through Iowa with Peter Fitzgerald.

Mark Sanford:

-September 28-30, October 1-4: Holding Rallies across South Carolina in support of Rumsfeld, emphasis on social views and foreign policy.

Newt Gingrich:

-September 28-30: Town Halls in Delaware and New Hampshire.
-October 1-4:: Barnstorming through South Carolina.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #21 on: April 15, 2014, 08:35:51 PM »

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Five:

""And the fight for the Presidency goes on! There not much time left until the first primaries, but I am confident that the Republican voters will, in the end, go with the candidate who can deliver leadership, experience, and a coherent message for all Republican to unite behind. We can't let the Democrats take this election, for we have to follow President Bush's leadership and complete all the hard work that this Republican administration has done for the past years. The educational reform, the tax cuts, the drive to win the War on Terror, we have to stand up and fight for it all the way to November!

December 7th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/New Hampshire:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Nashua, NH, with John Sununu.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Concord, NH, with John Sununu.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Dover, NH, with John Sununu.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Salem, NH, with John Sununu.
-Rally in Manchester, NH, with John Sununu.
-Interview with local press.

December 8th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/New Hampshire:
-Town Hall in Derry, NH, with John Sununu.
-Town Hall in Keene, NH, with John Sununu.
-Town Hall in Bedford, NH, with John Sununu.
-Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH, with John Sununu.
-Rally in Rochester, NH, with John Sununu.
-Appeals to former Buchanan supporters and volunteers to join the campaign.

"Look, no nation in memory that has made the transition from tyranny to a free society has been immune to the difficulties and challenges of taking that path, not even our own. As Thomas Jefferson said: "we are not to expect to be translated from despotism to liberty in a featherbed." It is now just seven months since the liberation of Iraq, and the challenges are there. Just as it took time and patience, trial and error, and years of hard work before our founders got it right-so too will it take time and patience, trial and error, and hard work for the Iraqi people to overcome the challenges they face today. We have a stake in their success. For if Iraq is able to move to the path of representative democracy, however bumpy the road, then the impact in the region and the world could be dramatic. It's up to us to help them on that path and ensure stability in the Middle East."

December 9th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/Iowa:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Ames, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Davenport, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Dubuque, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Sioux City, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Organizing caucus efforts in Iowa HQ in Des Moines, IA.

December 10th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/Iowa:
-Town Hall in Ankeny, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Town Hall in Urbandale, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Town Hall in Marion, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Town Hall in Bettendorf, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Rally in Iowa City, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.
-Rally in Waterloo, IA, with Peter Fitzgerald.

"Hear my words, Iowa! You will face a key choice in a few more weeks! You will have to choose among many qualified candidates, and your choice will be very important in the whole process, as it has been in the past. You gave then Gov. Bush a fantastic victory four years ago, and I wish to repeat that feat. Senator Allen and Governor Owens are attractive candidates from many points of view, but I remain confident that they do not have as much experience in government as I have. I have been fighting in Washington since the days of the Cold War, I've seen this country change in many ways, and I have thought about running for President for a very long time. This is the best election I could hope for, because I know America is ready and willing to fight and win this fight, not only on the War on Terror, but the fight for a modern, 21st Century America!"

December 11th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/Iowa:
-Barnstorm in Council Bluffs, IA, with Newt Gingrich.
-Barnstorm in Cedar Rapids, IA, with Newt Gingrich.
-Barnstorm in Clinton, IA, with Newt Gingrich.
-Barnstorm in Burlington, IA, with Newt Gingrich.
-Voter Registration Drive in Des Moines, IA, with Newt Gingrich.

December 12th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/South Carolina:
-Town Hall in Pontiac, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Town Hall in Sumter, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Town Hall in James Island, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Town Hall in Florence, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Rally in Columbia, SC, with Mark Sanford.

"Oh, I think we are making more impact than what the polls show. It takes time for the Republican voters to vet and consider the candidates, but in the end I believe they will reward our consistency and our hard work beyond the incredible levels of spending we have seen so far. If you think about it, there are many voters in the three main early states that might feel atracted to what I have to offer. You have a fantastic amount of fiscal and foreign hawks in all three states, those voters willing to continue with the path of this administration while arguing that there many things to do, and so many new policies to enact. And I trust in those voters, as well in all kinds of Republicans, to propel me to victory."

December 13th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules/South Carolina:
-Bus Tour and Rally in Summerville, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Rock Hill, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Mount Pleasant, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Bus Tour and Rally in Spartanburg, SC, with Mark Sanford.
-Rally in Charleston, SC, with Mark Sanford.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2014, 09:37:57 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2014, 09:47:48 PM by Senator Lumine »

OOC: I lacked the time to make a really detailed schedule, so I decided to adapt Maxwell's style for this turn.

Rumsfeldmania! - Stage Six:

"At long last, our surge has come! Momentum is behind us in all states, and I am sure that once January comes, we will continue to show our strength and prove to the voters that this campaign has what it takes to win the White House. Many distinguished and brave Republicans stand behind me, and together will take the nomination and stop the Democrats from cancelling all the progress we have made in the past four years. Prepare yourselves, Iowa, New Hampshire and South Carolina, Rumsfeldmania is here to stay!"

December 14th - December 17th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules in Iowa!:
-Bus Tour of the state (focus on cities and urban areas in general)
-Organizing volunteers and staffers in Des Moines for GOTV efforts.
-Rallies in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, Davenport, Sioux City, Iowa City and Ames with Senator Peter Fitzgerald and Vice-President Cheney.

"The next President has a hard task ahead of himself, and it won't be easy. It’s fair to say that he will face a situation in which, because of the nature of the struggle and the fact it is not well understood by the American people, he has the task of managing and maintaining sufficient support for the things he believes are necessary for our country’s safety. He has to take into account the reality that, only if we persevere, we have an opportunity to succeed. The penalties and consequences of failure are so dire for the country that he has to recognize the center of gravity of this struggle is here, in the United States of America. He has to take that into account in reviewing and considering the variety of proposals and suggestions he has received. The next President will need leadership, will need experience, he won't be just another President."

December 18th - December 19th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules in South Carolina!:
-Rallies throughout the major cites of the state. (With Mark Sanford and Bill Frist)
-Holding meetings and campaign events with Gov. Mark Sanford.
-Overseeing the opening of more campaign offices.
-Meeting with conservative and Evangelical leaders alongside Bill Frist.

"I'm getting a little bit tired of the fight, don't you feel the same? I'm more conservative than you, I did this and you didn't, I don't give excuses, ect, etc, etc. I don't believe a race should be a 100% positive, but the candidates are beginning to look slightly immature at this point. I know, people tell me that when I ask them. I sincerely feel we are not here to participate in a beauty pageant of ideological purity, we are here to lead, to convince people that we can lead and be mature, responsible and effective Presidents. Rudy Giuliani, for example, he seems to be going after me for having too much experience. And I find it funny coming from the candidate with the least amount of experience. Experience matters, ladies and gentlemen, it truly does. The next President needs to know from day one, not learn as time goes."

December 20th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules in Delaware!:
-Amtrak Tour:
 -Quickly tour and give short speeches in:
   -Brandywine, Newark, Wilmington, Dover and Piedmont.
-Rally and tour of Wilmington with Newt Gingrich.

"Day after day after all I see the news cycle and the speeches of the Democrat candidates, and I keep hearing that the President has been a failure and that we are a party that doesn't know what it's doing. And they say that, even when they have no plan to back them, no specific proposals beyond the talk of withdrawing from Iraq and solving some generic problems. I don't feel inclined to let them get away with it, America deserves an experienced President that knows exactly what to do and how to act. Mark my words, a President who is only based on slogan and speeches won't get too far, and he will probably become Jimmy Carter 2.0."

December 21at - December 27th:
-Rumsfeld's Rules in New Hampshire!:
-Town Hall meetings with John E. Sununu.
-Organizing GOTV efforts with campaign team.
-Rallies of the major cities in New Hampshire.
-Quick bus tours in rural areas, appeal to the "independent" spirit of the state.
-Meeting with war veterans across the state.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Surrogates:

Vice-President Dick Cheney: Campaign events in Iowa, meeting with Rumsfeld donors, appeals to continuing the Bush legacy with an actual member of the administration.

Former Speaker Newt Gingrich: Rallies in Delaware, Missouri, Oklahoma and South Carolina, appeals to conservatives and hawks to win the War on Terror.

Senator Bill Frist: Campaign events in South Carolina, meeting with donors and officers across the South to solidify support for Rumsfeld.

Senator John Sununu: Focus on Town Halls and Rallies in New Hampshire, target all kinds of Republican voters on the basis of "leadership" and "experience" beyond ideology.

Governor Mark Sanford: Massive tour of South Carolina, trying to increase turnout and secure the state.

Senator Peter Fitzgerald: Events in Iowa, Illinois, Michigan and Indiana, try to win the Midwest for Rumsfeld.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2014, 09:47:11 PM »

Donald Rumsfeld TV Ad: Ready to be President:

States: Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Illinois, Missouri, Arizona, Delaware, Texas and Georgia:

(We see some pictures of Donald Rumsfeld as a Congressman, Sec. of Defense, Chief of Staff and Sec. of Defense again, then we see Rumsfeld giving a speech to a large audience)

Voiceover: For all his life, Don Rumsfeld has been involved in public service, trying to get things done. Fighting poverty as a Congressman, helping Gerald Ford as Chief of Staff, fighting in the War on Terror as a Sec. of Defense, he has always tried to get things done and prove that experience is key to efficiency and true leadership. America needs a strong President, and you can trust Secretary Rumsfeld to be that kind of President.

Voiceover: Ready to be President from day one, vote Rumsfeld for President.
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Moderators
Atlas Icon
« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2014, 07:34:42 PM »

Rumsfeld Debate Answers:

"As a candidate who has spent a lot of time in New Hampshire talking to people to get to know their actual problems, I can't stress enough how worrying it is to me to see those levels of unemployment. In the 1960's and 1970's I fought against poverty while serving in the Nixon administration, and that work taught me a key lesson: Entrepreneurs and business owners can improve the lives of their fellow citizens who become their employees, their investors, and their customers. But we are holding them back with needless regulation, red tape and an increasing tendency to sacrifice jobs for political dogma. I won't go to those people and say their jobs won't return just for sake of beaurocratic unefficiency, I'll get on that and make sure the government is actually helping them by creating a positive environment for economic growth."

"America has suffered. That much is beyond dispute. We live in a free nation, and our comittment to freedom is so big that losing any degree of freedom is something we strongly dislike. But these are dangerous times, and our government needs to be able to place some restriction in order to act more efficiently and save American lives. I believe that at some point, we will win this war and will be able to return to something similar to the pre 9/11 America, but right now it would be ridiculous to jeopardize the work of our government by repealing this law. I believe it goes far enough for now, and trust me, as a Former Secretary of Defense I can tell you that it works and that it has already saved American lives."

"I believe we can all agree tonight that a free market, a truly free market is something vital, something that America needs in order to suceed. You will have quite a good amount of negativity from the usual suspects, but it is important to appreciate that self-interest is not the same as selfishness. The desire to do well, and to gain wealth for yourself is human nature. The quest for profit has contributed to some of civilization’s most significant innovations that improve, extend, and save lives. Because they have an interest in long-term wealth creation to benefit themselves, their children, and their grandchildren, citizens in a free-market system have a stake in their country’s success as well. And in regards to that, the best way to ensure long term wealth creation is to continue with the path created with the Bush tax cuts, while at the same time spending at a reasonable rate that will allow us to control the deficit. I am not of the opinion that our economy needs massive reform, what it needs is efficient administration and a good degree of responsibility."
Pages: [1] 2 3  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies