2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:38:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Election What-ifs? (Moderator: Dereich)
  2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD) (search mode)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6
Author Topic: 2004 Presidential Election and Beyond: The Giuliani Years (GAME THREAD)  (Read 154391 times)
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« on: March 28, 2014, 10:47:30 PM »

Another question: May you elaborate on some of the other rules you've set up for the game? How will endorsements and such work?
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2014, 11:45:22 PM »

Kucinich 2004: Peace, Justice, Equality

September 3, 2003: Congressman Dennis Kucinich (D-OH) made the following speech earlier in Cleveland, Ohio:

This election year, you will have a distinct choice. George W. Bush brought us into war in the Middle East. We were united like never before on September 11, but what we have seen since then is the greatest division since Vietnam. Our President may have given in to the pressure, but his Republican colleagues are eager hawks as ever and they're scrambling to pick up where he has left off. America deserves to be on a better path than just warmongering, though. As John Lennon once said, "Give peace a chance." Instead of continuing a war that was a mistake from the beginning, let's stop wasting tax dollars and letting our troops be in harm's way. We need to rethink our foreign policy and set standards that gives respect to other nations and that creates alliances, not more animosity.

Here in my hometown of Cleveland, I see businesses and factories close down and being shipped abroad, and it's truly disheartening. The working class in this country are feeling the pinch while the fat cats in Wall Street have been enjoying their tax breaks and have felt no pain. All too often Washington overlooks the poor and the middle class and focus their attention on the people who finance their campaigns. There needs to be a voice in the White House that will stand up for the little guy. The American people need to be reassured in knowing that their President will fight for their interests and not the interests of some wealthy bankers.

I am running for President of the United States to make a true change and to set a clear path forward for leadership. I have been by far the most consistent on the issues compared to my colleagues. While my fellow Democrats voted with the Republicans to invade Iraq, I knew it was a mistake from the beginning and I never backed down from opposing disastrous war policies. I oppose any cuts to Social Security, Medicare, and other entitlement programs that have benefited so many Americans even during hard times. I have fought for universal healthcare throughout my time in Congress so that we can keep up with all of the other industrialized nations of the world and ensure that no one in this country goes by without coverage. Even when all the odds are against us, I will not give in. I've been underestimated before, but I have proven my opponents greatly wrong. Now, on this latest journey, I need the support of my fellow Americans so we can once again lead ourselves to a better future. Thank you.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 05:56:54 PM »
« Edited: March 30, 2014, 07:13:25 PM by Governor Spiral »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: September 7-13

September 7
-Meet and Greet in Goffstown, NH
-Meet and Greet in Jaffrey, NH
-Meet and Greet in Farmington, NH
-Meet and Greet in Plymouth, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Concord, NH

Where have been the so-called weapons of mass destruction that we've heard so much about from the administration and from the media? After invading Iraq and toppling Saddam Hussein's regime you would have thought that we would be able to track them down by now, but that's not the case at all. Let's face it, America: we've been duped. These wars haven't been fought just for the sake of our national security like they claim. The defense contractors and the oil companies are loving what they see right now. It's time to kick out the bums in office and elect an honest government.

September 8
-Meet and Greet in Suncook, NH
-Town Hall in Berlin, NH
-Town Hall in Claremont, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Dover, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Nashua, NH

September 9
-Town Hall in Lebanon, NH
-Town Hall in Portsmouth, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rochester, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Manchester, NH
-Interview on Hardball with Chris Matthews

Chris, I'm running to win. I have a plan for America that I know will be a much better path to take than the one we're on right now. What has been the record of George Bush and the Republicans? More war, more debt, less peace, and less prosperity. Not only are we waging wars under questionable circumstances, but our economy at home has been showing signs of decline and the average Joe has been feeling all of the pain with that. Our politicians have been making reckless calls over the last few years and it troubles me. What you need to do is bring in leaders who have track records of being earnest. There hasn't been a day in my life of public service where I haven't been thinking about my constituents at home. How will the decisions I make in Congress affect my neighbors in Cleveland and elsewhere? It's about time for some fresh blood in the White House, and you'll get that with a Kucinich presidency.

September 10
-Town Hall in Los Lunas, NM
-Town Hall in Gallup, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Roswell, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Las Cruces, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Albuquerque, NM

September 11
-Meet and Greet in New Town, ND
-Meet and Greet in Harvey, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Grand Forks, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Bismarck, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fargo, ND
-Attending 9/11 memorial service in Cleveland, OH

It's now been two years since that tragic day where we lost more than three thousand lives. I can't remember another time in my life where we were as closely knit as a nation as we were on that day. All of us were hoping that we would never have to face another terrorist attack like that on American soil again. Unfortunately, we've had some very bad policy sprout up as a result of 9/11. The Bush administration launched their global War on Terror which has only contributed to the problem of terrorism, not put a stop to it. We have drawn more ire from Middle Eastern nations than ever before with our meddling in their region, and it's about time to take a new path. No more interventions, no more nation-building, no more war!

September 12
-Town Hall in Sanford, ME
-Town Hall in Brunswick, ME
-Town Hall in Saco, ME
-Rally and Fundraiser in Lewiston, ME
-Rally and Fundraiser in Portland, ME

September 13
-Rally and Fundraiser in Iowa City, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Sioux City, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Davenport, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Des Moines, IA

Hello, Iowa! You'll be seeing more of me these upcoming months. I'm traveling all across the country, spreading the message of peace and prosperity. While we've been using your tax dollars to bomb bridges in Iraq and Afghanistan, we've had nothing left to repair and expand the bridges right here at home. Our infrastructure is crumbling by the day. Not since the days of Eisenhower have we made any serious attempts to improve how we travel. That will change with a Kucinich administration. Our defense spending has gone drastically up while we've ignored other sectors like healthcare and education. It's time to start caring about home, folks, rather than countries on the opposite side of the world.

Kucinich Endorsements

George McGovern: In 1972 I was blessed to be the Democratic nominee for President. I waged the battle right on the issues and nothing else. While Nixon deceived the people and was involved in more militarism, I represented an opportunity for America to really end its endless wartime adventures. We didn't win that battle, but the experience of Vietnam changed the nation and has made us more skeptical of our leaders. Now in the 21st century, we're facing a new war with Iraq, and I've seen one person stand out from the rest in opposition: Dennis Kucinich. He deserves your vote if you wish to see peace.

Gore Vidal: For years I have written about the escapades of the United States military. We are seeing parallels with the expansionism of the old Roman Empire, and its eventual downfall. I fear without drastic changes that America will end up like Rome in due time. Dennis Kucinich is the candidate I see who represents a true break from the status quo with both Republicans and Democrats. He understands that we are on an unstable path, and his solutions are the best for this country and for the whole international community.

American Civil Liberties Union: After reviewing the records of all the prospective presidential candidates, Congressman Dennis Kucinich easily stands out as the strongest advocate for civil liberties across the board. A consistent anti-war voice, Congressman Kucinich has opposed the expansion of federal power with such measures as the PATRIOT Act. While the first and fourth amendments have been under attack in recent years, Kucinich has boldly stood against the erosion of constitutional rights for citizens. We here at the ACLU enthusiastically endorse the Kucinich campaign.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 06:49:55 PM »

Kucinich 2004 Staff

Campaign manager: Gary Kucinich
Deputy campaign manager: David Bright
Field operations: Marcos Rubinstein
Campaign spokesperson: Andy Juniewicz
Media operations: Chad Ely
Campaign treasurer: Donald J. McTigue

Campaign Strategy

Knowing that he is an underdog in the Democratic primaries, Congressman Kucinich will spend an intense amount of time on the ground in various primary states, communicating with voters one-on-one and building a strong and cohesive grassroots organization that will turn out to vote for him. Fundraisers will be conjoined with rallies as part of an effort to make up for the lack of a wide donor base in contrast to Kucinich's higher polling rivals. In addition, there will be a strong emphasis on the Internet, and the campaign will coordinate regular "moneybombs" on the official website and build up an extensive list of supporters through email and social media.

Rather than solely devoting resources to the earliest states of Iowa and New Hampshire to gain momentum, the Kucinich campaign will focus much attention on strengthening numbers and organization in future primaries, such as Ohio, New Mexico, Maine, Michigan, Hawaii, etc. This will ensure long-term viability to keep Congressman Kucinich as a viable contender for the whole primary season by being competitive in a number of states, working on them ahead of the other Democratic contestants. Advertisements for television and radio will be regularly featured on the airwaves of these primaries. Other outlets such as print, direct mail, the Internet, etc. are also to be utilized to promote the campaign.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 07:07:15 PM »

Kucinich 2004 Staff

Campaign manager: Gary Kucinich
Deputy campaign manager: David Bright
Field operations: Marcos Rubinstein
Campaign spokesperson: Andy Juniewicz
Media operations: Chad Ely
Campaign treasurer: Donald J. McTigue

Campaign Strategy

Knowing that he is an underdog in the Democratic primaries, Congressman Kucinich will spend an intense amount of time on the ground in various primary states, communicating with voters one-on-one and building a strong and cohesive grassroots organization that will turn out to vote for him. Fundraisers will be conjoined with rallies as part of an effort to make up for the lack of a wide donor base in contrast to Kucinich's higher polling rivals. In addition, there will be a strong emphasis on the Internet, and the campaign will coordinate regular "moneybombs" on the official website and build up an extensive list of supporters through email and social media.

Rather than solely devoting resources to the earliest states of Iowa and New Hampshire to gain momentum, the Kucinich campaign will focus much attention on strengthening numbers and organization in future primaries, such as Ohio, New Mexico, Maine, Michigan, Hawaii, etc. This will ensure long-term viability to keep Congressman Kucinich as a viable contender for the whole primary season by being competitive in a number of states, working on them ahead of the other Democratic contestants. Advertisements for television and radio will be regularly featured on the airwaves of these primaries. Other outlets such as print, direct mail, the Internet, etc. are also to be utilized to promote the campaign.

OOC; I thought Joe Trippi be your would campaign manager, he seems to like campaigns like yours..
Actually, I haven't thought of Trippi. I'll have him be a senior strategist of mine.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 01:29:04 AM »

Er, he wouldn't even be constitutionally qualified to run (born in 1977).
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2014, 07:56:31 AM »

As far as I see you missed nothing. You already announced your intention to run as Clark and NHI has you listed in the first post. I think you can just begin posting like the rest of us.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 05:13:45 PM »

Congressman Kucinich, what do you think about Senator Biden's latest ad, attacking you on your record?

I'd be happy to talk about that, I've heard of the ad earlier today. They tried to make an issue of my evolution on abortion. Listen, my stance wasn't changed overnight. It's been a very long journey for me over the span of years, where I've tackled with the morality of the practice. I still don't believe in abortion myself, but what I do believe in is choice. We should work to reduce the number of abortions that happen in this country, but I've now realized that restricting women's access to these services won't help with the problem. No one has all the answers, and this has been a very personal transition. Abortion should be legal and accessible, so I'm proud to say I'm pro-choice. While we're talking about changing positions, I'd like to see Joe explain his votes on Iraq, the PATRIOT Act, and other key pieces of the Bush agenda.

And about NAFTA: it is a job destroyer. Talk to the people who make up manufacturing in Ohio, Pennsylvania, Michigan, and other states and tell me that they haven't suffered at all with a straight face. People have been laid off and their wages have been slashed. This is real, folks. We've lost our competitiveness globally with a decrease in exports and with China, India, and others edging up. We have to rethink our trade policies and come up with a sensible solution that will ensure our workers here at home don't have to suffer like they have.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 01:01:55 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: September 14-20

September 14
-Town Hall in Decorah, IA
-Town Hall in Le Mars, IA
-Town Hall in Perry, IA
-Meeting with Transcendental Meditation community in Fairfield, IA
-Meeting with progressive leaders in Des Moines, IA

I need all the support I can get of the progressives right here in Iowa. I’m your voice in Congress, fighting against the wars, for better wages, for a comfortable retirement, and for fair trade. Clinton may have done good things in office but I feel like he’s failed us in many ways, mostly because we as Democrats didn’t keep the pressure on him to be bold. We’ll have a new President on January 20, 2005, no matter what, but the question is: are we going to have a President that embodies progress and change, or are we going to stick with the same old routine?

September 15
-Meet and Greet in Bristol, NH
-Meet and Greet in Hampton Beach, NH
-Meet and Greet in Winchester, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Keene, NH
-Interviews with local media

I feel optimistic about my chances here in New Hampshire. Everywhere I go I see students, seniors, and everyone in between enthusiastic about what I’ve been talking about on the campaign trail and in Congress all these years. The field is wide open on both sides, so of course there will be a lot of unpredictability. But in this field, I’d like to think that my record uniquely stands out, and it seems that people are beginning to notice.

September 16
-Rally and Fundraiser in Pontiac, MI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Flint, MI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Lansing, MI
-Roundtable discussion with steelworkers in Detroit, MI
-Interview on Countdown with Keith Olbermann

I look at Detroit and I’m sad at what I see. The city isn’t what it used to be. The robust manufacturing sector that Detroit and other cities had has evaporated with time. Not only is this country producing less than what it used to, but families are less financially secure without those high-paying jobs. The solution is clear: let’s scrap NAFTA and CAFTA! Let’s institute fair trade policies that will protect American workers and keep this economy strong! Some of my Democratic opponents may side with the Republicans on free trade, but I won’t bend down to the pressure. People were rightly concerned about NAFTA at first: they thought labor would move out, and it has. Now it’s time to go forward and have a responsible trade policy!

September 17
-Town Hall in Sedalia, MO
-Town Hall in Rolla, MO
-Town Hall in Liberty, MO
-Rally and Fundraiser in Kansas City, MO
-Rally and Fundraiser in St. Louis, MO

I saw Senator Biden’s rebuttal earlier and something he said stuck out to me. When talking about voting for Iraq, he stated that “you had to vote on it.” Really? What does it sya about Washington when all that happens is you’re told what to do and you’re expected to follow the rest of the crowd? Russ Feingold was courageous for opposing it from the beginning, and I applaud him for that. Likewise, I have never wavered from my opposition—it was a mistake from the beginning. Now I see all of my Democratic opponents who used to be for the war be against it, since it’s the politically popular move. Let’s expect better from our leaders, ladies and gentlemen. Let’s start fresh with a Kucinich administration!

September 18
-Meet and Greet in Laie, HI
-Meet and Greet in Makawao, HI
-Meet and Greet in Makaha, HI
-Rally and Fundraiser in Honolulu, HI
-Roundtable discussion on Japanese-American affairs in Honolulu, HI

September 19
-Meet and Greet in Lincoln, NH
-Meet and Greet in Walpole, NH
-Meet and Greet in Milton, NH
-Meet and Greet in Ashland, NH
-Participating in antiwar demonstration in Concord, NH

To all of you out there, never be afraid to speak up and do the right thing! My generation went to the streets in the ‘60s to send a clear message: get our boys out of Vietnam, now. It was a mistake to go in from the beginning, and a losing battle. We may have a new war in Iraq, but it’s just as much of a mistake as Vietnam and just as much of a losing battle. This generation has to keep the pressure on both parties and tell them that the days of practicing irresponsible foreign policy is over!

September 20
-Meet and Greet in Contoocook, NH
-Meet and Greet in Pittsfield, NH
-Meet and Greet in Raymond, NH
-Meeting with state Democratic legislators in Concord, NH

Kucinich Endorsements

Howard Dean: Out of this field, Dennis Kucinich impresses me the most. He’s been a leader in Congress on progressive causes since the day he stepped in that chamber. On any issue, you’ll see that he doesn’t disappoint. He was against Iraq from the beginning even when it wasn’t politically popular. He wants a single-payer healthcare system so no one is left uninsured. Democrats, don’t disappoint me here: Kucinich is the way to go!

Sherrod Brown: I’ve served with Dennis in Cognress and I can tell you from personal expericen that this man is qualified to be in the White House. As native Ohioans, both of us know what average Americans are going through in tough times. There hasn’t been a day when he hasn’t been working to improve people’s lives, whether it’s healthcare, education, trade, or any other field. I encourage my fellow Democrats to make the right choice and go with a leader who has bold visions for the party and for the country.

United Steelworkers: Dennis Kucinich is easily the most pro-labor candidate out of the field and has received the support of the United Steelworkers. Whether it is revising international free trade agreements, opposing right-to-work laws, or pushing for higher wages, Kucinich has excelled in his voting record and is a true champion of workers.

TV Ad: Principled

Dennis Kucinich has never supported the War in Iraq—he has stood for peace. He has resisted corporate influence—Wall Street is scared of him. Healthcare is a right for all—not something for profit. On the critical issues facing this country, Dennis Kucinich has been on the right side. Firm. Bold. Principled. I’m Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

To be aired in Iowa, New Hampshire, South Carolina, Hawaii, Michigan, Maine, Washington, Missouri, and New Mexico.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 06:16:48 PM »

Howard Dean (Kucinich Surrogate) Schedule: September 14-20

September 14
-Rally and Fundraiser in Dover, NH

September 15
-Meeting with Democratic donors in Manchester, NH

September 16
-Rest

September 17
-Rest

September 18
-Assembling campaign infrastructure in Burlington, VT

September 19
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rutland, VT
-Rally and Fundraiser in South Burlington, VT
-Rally and Fundraiser in Burlington, VT

September 20
-Meeting with union leaders in Concord, NH

Sherrod Brown (Kucinich Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: September 14-20

September 14
-Congressional duties

September 15
-Congressional duties

September 16
-Meeting with Ohio Democratic Party leaders in Cleveland, OH

September 17
-Meet and Greet in Clive, IA
-Town Hall in Altoona, IA
-Town Hall in Newton, IA

September 18
-Town Hall in Johnston, IA
-Town Hall in Indianola, IA

September 19
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cedar Falls, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Urbandale, IA

September 20
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2014, 12:02:53 PM »

I've heard everything from my opponents: fringe, unelectable, a nobody. But I take a look at some of these polls that have been coming out and I have reason to doubt them. I'm in the 40s against all of the Republicans without nearly the money nor the name recognition as the other Democrats in this race. And if you look at what the Republicans stand for, the American people will see they have a better choice in Dennis Kucinich. There's only one way we can go now, and that's up. My campaign has been getting traction across the country and while there's much work to be done, I'm happy with the position we're in at the moment.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2014, 12:08:46 PM »

Kucinich Campaign Statement on Represent America

Congressman Kucinich is proud to support Represent America and its goals for electoral reform. The Electoral College does not reflect the will of the people in this day and age, and it is time for a true grassroots movement to overhaul how the President of the United States is elected in a way that truly respects the vote of each and every single American. This bipartisan effort is a stepping stone to making a better nation, and Congressman Kucinich will be talking about the issue in the months ahead.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #12 on: April 05, 2014, 12:31:49 AM »
« Edited: April 05, 2014, 01:18:14 AM by Governor Spiral »

OOC: I'm fine with your plan, NHI.

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: September 21-27

September 21
-Town Hall in Weare, NH
-Town Hall in Plaistow, NH
-Town Hall in Pembroke, NH
-Town Hall in Pinardville, NH
-Appearance on The O'Reilly Factor

As Democrats, we need to be united once the general election comes. But with that said, we can't simply go around with nominating anybody. The standard-bearer of our party needs to show that they have a spine and that they won't back down from a fight. Even if it may be painful at first with whatever our opponents throw at us, know that we've got the right ideas and we'll eventually win the war! I'd like to bring up my own record in Congress at the moment here. Remember when George Bush and his pals were hyping up Iraq last year? I was at the forefront of the opposition. I rallied Democrats around me who had the courage to say no to this illegal and immoral war. We may not have succeeded in 2002, but I have a feeling that 2004 will leave us much more optimistic. Let's win this thing together, New Hampshire!

September 22
-Meet and Greet in Seabrook Beach, NH
-Meet and Greet in Antrim, NH
-Meet and Greet in Epping, NH
-Meet and Greet in Gorham, NH
-Meeting with progressive activists in Dover, NH

Take a look with where I've stood in office. You'll find that out of all the candidates I have been the most consistent far and away. Who has stood with you for peace, for a clean environment, for well-paying jobs, and for healthcare for all? I've never wavered from these issues and you know that I will always fight on behalf of working-class Americans, not whoever is rich enough to finance my campaigns. Democrats shouldn't' run away from Democratic ideas like the Republicans want us to. If we're fractured, then we'll lose. But if we run on principle, then we'll be able to overcome and take back the White House!

September 23
-Town Hall in Suncook, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Portsmouth, NH
-Discussing campaign strategy with advisors in Manchester, NH

New Hampshire seems to be quite receptive to my message of peace. We've been doing good work in this state so far, but we need to ramp things up. Clinton, Edwards, and Gore are still at the top of the polls and we need to make sure that this campaign will serve as a referendum not just on the Republicans, but on the Democrats who've failed to live up to their promises. Liberals want someone who can stand up for them. I'm not the most well known but it's up to all of us to spread the message. Great job, team. Keep at it.

September 24
-Rally and Fundraiser in Clinton, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Fort Dodge, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Ankeny, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Coralville, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA

I see that John Edwards has been rising in the polls, and very rapidly at that. I completely understand why that is: He's running a solid campaign that's touching Americans right at their core. There are many things where I agree with Senator Edwards on and he actually impresses me more than many of the other candidates. He's just not the right choice for Democrats this election, though. He will have to explain the blight in his record that is going along with the Bush agenda and authorizing these disastrous wars. He may say that he's completely against involvement over there now, but where was he back when this country had the debate? There was plenty of evidence back then that led me and many others in Congress to believe that this was nothing more than a misguided adventure that can only end badly. The billions we're projected to spend and the hundreds of troops lost from our decision cannot be taken lightly. That is where my opponents fail: they cannot justify their records. We need a representative for the party that has fought the hard battle from the very beginning, and I'm the only voice in this race for that.

September 25
-Meet and Greet in Fairfax, IA
-Meet and Greet in Park View, IA
-Meet and Greet in Toledo, IA
-Meet and Greet in Jesup, IA
-Meeting with farming community in Odebolt, IA

September 26
-Meet and Greet in Clayton, NM
-Meet and Greet in Eunice, NM
-Meet and Greet in Peralta, NM
-Town Hall in Bloomfield, NM
-Town Hall in Grants, NM

September 27
-Town Hall in North Valley, NM
-Town Hall in Zuni Pueblo, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Hobbs, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Clovis, NM
-Roundtable discussion on immigration in Santa Fe, NM

Thank you all for coming here. Immigration is definitely an important issue that is worthy of discussion. I see this issue as being spun in a certain way that limits the conversation. Politicians always talk about the problem of "illegal immigrants." Who's an "illegal immigrant," exactly? What they really are are just undocumented citizens, because I don't believe that we have illegal people. They're trying to settle down and find a better life for themselves and their family just like all other immigrants. Restricting the right of travel in that manner strikes me as being quite authoritarian. Folks, do we really want to live in East Berlin?

Kucinich Endorsements

Jesse Jackson: As many of you may know, I ran for President myself a couple of times, so I know how the process goes. I tried to bring light to issues that weren't being discussed by any of the other candidates, such as making sure our minority communities don't get left behind and reevaluating the War on Drugs that we're waging in this country. I see Dennis Kucinich and what he stands for and I have to say that I'm quite impressed. He's been a friend of the African-American community and of all minorities, and this election year I'll be throwing my full support behind his campaign.

Bernie Sanders: We're facing a critical juncture in this country. You've been seeing the last couple of decades with a disturbing trend: While the richest 1% have been gaining more and more wealth, the middle class has been stagnant all these years. It worries me greatly that income inequality is a growing problem, and I can say that Dennis Kucinich, who I'm proud to work with Congress, is the best equipped to tackle all of our problems. The left must unite behind this man if we want to see action now!

Sierra Club: The Sierra Club is happy to announce its endorsement of Congressman Dennis Kucinich for President. After reviewing the records of all the prospective candidates, Congressman Kucinich has stood out from the pack. He has been a solid voice for environmentalists everywhere, standing up against Big Oil, leading the fight for renewable energy sources, and advocating for greater federal efforts for conservation.

TV Ad: Hillary

Hillary Clinton wants to be the Democratic nominee. She promises she will be a break from George W. Bush. But what is Senator Clinton's record really like? As Senator, she went along with Bush to invade Iraq and to authorize the PATRIOT Act. Same old, same old. Dennis Kucinich has always stood in opposition, even as the lonely voice. He fights for what he believes in. Dennis Kucinich: a Democrat with principle. I'm Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2014, 06:35:20 PM »

This round closes tonight at 10:30 pm EST.
I will have polling/info up by tomorrow for Round IV.  
Is everyone up for a debate to take the place of Round IV and then moving to the middle of December for Round V.

I'm good with that - though I question what'll happen to Clinton's numbers if she doesn't show up for a few months on the trail.
Should be interesting, especially when other candidates are directly targeting her for that.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2014, 07:23:07 PM »

Jesse Jackson (Kucinich Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: September 21-27

September 21
-Meet and Greet in Fort Lawn, SC
-Meet and Greet in Lamar, SC
-Meet and Greet in Due West, SC
-Meet and Greet in Iva, SC

September 22
-Meet and Greet in Holly Hill, SC
-Meet and Greet in Kershaw, SC
-Meet and Greet in Cowpens, SC

September 23
-Meet and Greet in Fairfax, SC
-Meet and Greet in Liberty, SC
-Town Hall in Union, SC
-Town Hall in Forest Acres, SC

September 24
-Town Hall in Cayce, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Myrtle Beach, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Mount Pleasant, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rock Hill, SC

September 25
-Rally and Fundraiser in Greenville, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Charleston, SC
-Meeting with influential black pastors in Columbia, SC

September 26
-Rally and Fundraiser in Washington, D.C.
-Contacting civil rights leaders in Washington, D.C.

September 27
-Rest

Bernie Sanders (Kucinich Surrogate) Campaign Schedule: September 21-27

September 21
-Rest

September 22
-Rest

September 23
-Meet and Greet in Wilder, VT
-Meet and Greet in Milton, VT

September 24
-Meet and Greet in Canaan, NH
-Meet and Greet in Candia, NH
-Meet and Greet in Lee, NH

September 25
-Town Hall in Sandown, NH
-Town Hall in Meredith, NH
-Town Hall in Kingston, NH

September 26
-Town Hall in Plymouth, NH
-Town Hall in Bow, NH
-Town Hall in Newmarket, NH
-Town Hall in Hollis, NH

September 27
-Rally and Fundraiser in Hudson, NH
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2014, 09:58:27 AM »

Dennis Kucinich Debate Answers

You must be logged in to read this quote.

As a member of Congress I've made numerous trips abroad to deal with foreign affairs. Whether it’s down in Mexico to discuss trade relations, in Croatia—where my family is from—to oversee the transition of the Balkans post-Yugoslavia, or over in Iran to bring diplomacy to the table in Middle East policy, you can be sure that I'm very committed to strengthening America's place in the world and ensuring that our ties with the international community are not endangered. Some have criticized me for daring to venture to Syria and to communicate with Bashar al-Assad, although these are the same people who are constantly itching for more war. What I'm trying to do is to prevent war. Dialogue is very important and we can't just go around flexing our military muscles every time we don't get everything we want from another nation. Rudy Giuliani and Donald Rumsfeld may specialize in national security, but when you take a good look at the issues and where they've stood on them for years, you'll see that they've been dead wrong on just about everything, and time only continues to refute them. Most of the Republican candidates go along with their thinking, in fact, and I commend the ones who won't follow along with the warmongering. As the Democratic nominee, I'll offer new solutions from where we've gone with the Republicans these last four years, and I have my own unique experience to back me up.

Gun control will be a high priority in a Kucinich administration. Take a look at my record in Congress and you'll see that my votes match up with my rhetoric. I would seek to ban the sale and transfer of semi-automatic guns, the weapons that mass shooters love to use in their killing sprees. Background checks are an absolute must and they will be implemented so that people cannot simply exploit loopholes at gun shows. We also have to require that gun manufacturers provide child-safety locks for everything that they produce. Too many of our politicians are bought off by the NRA and don't want to discuss this issue much at all, but I'm not beholden to them. I certainly understand why people feel the need to own guns. When I was constantly getting death threats in Cleveland decades ago, I purchased a small handgun that I carried around with me at all times back then. But what kind of a nation are we that we can see incidents like Columbine happen and not do anything significant about it? Kids are dying in cities big and small in a way that can be easily preventable if the government took the initiative and controlled the gun trade more. Let's get action done on this, people. I have the plans to make that happen.

I'm glad this question was raised, because what Democrats need to understand when they vote in their state's primary later is that there are profound differences between the candidates on this stage. We all call ourselves liberals or progressives, but beneath the labels our records differ. For example, let's consider Iraq. All of us rally against it now, but we haven't all been consistent in the last two years. Senators Clinton, Edwards, and Biden all voted with the President's plan to authorize invading the country and to greatly expand this reckless War on Terror that we've been waging. Vice President Gore wasn't a member of Congress then but he indicated support at first as well. So, all of these candidates have flipped except one: me. I understood from the beginning that war was not the way to go and it would only cause more troubles here at home as well as over in the Middle East. I've planted my feet in the ground and I haven't wavered from my core principles like my opponents. I am a liberal, yes, and I'm unapologetic about it. War is a very serious thing and no decisions should be rushed on it like the Bush administration did, and like how many Democrats went along with the plans. An immediate withdrawal is the only solution. On other issues I don't waver, either. No Child Left Behind has made us a nation of test-takers and it's time we scrap that law and invest money in what we know will be effective for our students. Some in Congress want to cut benefits for Social Security and Medicare but I won't go back on the promises that we've made to our seniors. I've fought for many years to bring a single-payer system of healthcare to this nation and to keep up with all of the other industrialized nations of the world in the care we give our people. Time and time again, I'm in the trenches fighting for these causes, no matter whether I have many allies or not. I'm the candidate of principle and of a vision. I ask my fellow Democrats to take a serious look at my campaign and to go with their hearts on who best represents their interests.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2014, 08:21:32 PM »

If I had the time, I would be running as Dean Sad
Perhaps we can get you in as a surrogate or VP...
Dean endorsed Kucinich in this game, Superique. Wink
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2014, 09:53:16 PM »

OOC: I don't think we were instructed to make full-fledged schedules this round, but sure why not

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: September 28-October 4

September 28
-Meet and Greet in Missouri Valley, IA
-Meet and Greet in Grundy Center, IA
-Meet and Greet in Huxley, IA
-Meet and Greet in Albia, IA
-Meet and Greet in Waukon, IA

September 29
-Meet and Greet in Tama, IA
-Meet and Greet in Onawa, IA
-Meet and Greet in Osage, IA
-Meet and Greet in Le Claire, IA
-Meet and Greet in Belmond, IA

September 30
-Town Hall in Coolidge, AZ
-Town Hall in Flowing Wells, AZ
-Town Hall in Payson, AZ
-Town Hall in Paradise Valley, AZ

October 1
-Rally and Fundraiser in Glendale, AZ
-Rally and Fundraiser in Chandler, AZ
-Rally and Fundraiser in Mesa, AZ
-Rally and Fundraiser in Tucson, AZ
-Rally and Fundraiser in Phoenix, AZ

October 2
-Town Hall in York, SC
-Town Hall in Clemson, SC
-Town Hall in Forest Acres, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Columbia, SC

October 3
-Meet and Greet in Hancock, NH
-Meet and Greet in Warner, NH
-Meet and Greet in Alton, NH
-Town Hall in Enfield, NH
-Town Hall in Hooksett, NH

October 4
-Town Hall in Lebanon, NH
-Town Hall in Exeter, NH

Surrogate Schedules

Howard Dean: Rallies and Fundraisers in New Hampshire, Delaware, and Vermont

Russ Feingold: Rallies and Fundraisers in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Missouri

Jesse Jackson: Rallies and Fundraisers in South Carolina, Delaware, and D.C.

Bernie Sanders: Rallies and Fundraisers in New Hampshire, Delaware, and New Mexico

Sherrod Brown: Rallies and Fundraisers in Iowa, New Hampshire, and Ohio
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2014, 08:54:50 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: December 7-13

December 7
With Russ Feingold and Sherrod Brown
-Rally and Fundraiser in Burlington, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Ottumwa, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Marion, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Bettendorf, IA

Great to be back here in Iowa! I'm joined by a couple of fine folks by my side as we travel through the state: Senator Feingold and Congressman Brown. They're helping me spread the message of peace and justice. My campaign has been an uphill battle from the beginning, I know that. I don't have the money or the media exposure as my Democratic colleagues do. I've always fought for the little guy during my time in public service, though, and it's no different with this latest fight of mine. You've seen corporate interests have a stranglehold on Washington, and more than ever now, in fact. Both parties appease Wall Street while ignoring Main Street, and that's a shame. That changes when I'm President, though! The big banks aren't who I listen to, it's you, the American people!

December 8
-Rally and Fundraiser in Council Cluffs, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Waterloo, IA

December 9
With Russ Feingold and George McGovern
-Town Hall in Grafton, ND
-Town Hall in Valley City, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Bismarck, ND

Education is absolutely critical if we want to see a country that will be competitive globally in all areas. Politicians like to talk about the importance of education and claim that they've tried to make our education system better, but frankly, what we have right now is a mess. We're lagging in math, literacy, and too many other fields. Let's tackle this step by step. One, I would seek to repeal No Child Left Behind. While it was a bipartisan effort, standardized testing fails to accommodate for the different learning styles of our students, and everyone suffers as a result of that. The federal government should have a greater role in making sure our schools hold up to good standards, so I'll increase funding for the Department of Education after cuts in other areas like defense. College will be made free like public schools under a Kucinich administration, so our students aren't left with crippling tuition debt after they graduate and seek jobs. There will also be a universal ore-kindergarten program that will ensure that our kids have a leg up in skills, language, and the arts for the future. I'm confident that with these reforms, we'll see a truly excellent education system in this country once more.

December 10
With Howard Dean and Bernie Sanders
-Meet and Greet in Cornish, NH
-Meet and Greet in Lyme, NH
-Meet and Greet in Dublin, NH
-Meet and Greet in Madbury, NH
-Meet and Greet in Sutton, NH

December 11
-Meet and Greet in Ashland, NH
-Meet and Greet in Whitefield, NH
-Town Hall in Fremont, NH
-Town Hall in Winchester, NH
-Town Hall in Rye, NH

I respect Senator Clinton, but the fact of the matter is that we need to look at how our records stack up when we're going through the process of picking our nominee for next year, and let me tell you, there's enough to criticize her record on. Senator Clinton has been a rubber stamp for Bush and his cronies whether it's Iraq, Afghanistan, the PATRIOT Act, you name it. If you showed me Hillary's record without mentioning her name and I had to compare it with the average Republican on foreign policy, I would have an awfully hard time differentiating the two. Do we really want to pick somebody who has sided with our opponents on some of the most consequential issues of our time? Let's get real and side with a candidate who has been on the right side from the very beginning. You know where I stand, and you know that I'm a champion for progressive causes. We're not going to elect another hawk in 2004. This time, we'll stand for change!

December 12
-Town Hall in Stratham, NH
-Town Hall in Epping, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Exeter, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Keene, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Londonderry, NH

December 13
-Rally and Fundraiser in Salem, NH

I've had my scuffles with Senator Biden on the campaign trail before, as you may know. But we can't shy away from rightfully criticizing someone when there are genuine questions to ask. For example, he'll say that he opposes Iraq now, but he's been one of the most interventionist Democrats out there in Congress. He pushed for bombing Yugoslavia, and our strikes only further aggravated the Serbs to commit more war atrocities. He advocated for the sanctions in Iraq that have contributed to killing hundreds of thousands of innocent children, all just to try and oust Saddam Hussein from power. The fact is that we should be much more wary of using our military, because we'll just get more incidents like Iraq and Vietnam without going on a different course. I'm advocating for a diplomatic foreign policy rather than the preemptive wars we've seen these last four years. Maybe not everyone in Washington is with me on this, but I know the American people are!

TV Ad: Needs of the People

Dennis Kucinich understands the needs of the people. He has received perfect ratings from the AFL-CIO and has never backed down from fighting for workers' rights. As President, he'll work for fair trade, not free trade. Education will be ramped, not ignored. From his early days in Cleveland to working in Capitol Hill, Dennis has never forgotten his roots. The White House needs a leader who listens to the common man. Dennis Kucinich is that leader. I'm Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2014, 10:22:05 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: December 14-27

December 14-18
-Rallies in IA
-Fundraisers in IA
-Meetings with state Democratic officials in IA
-Grassroots coordination in IA

December 19-22
-Rallies in NH
-Fundraisers in NH
-Town Halls in NH
-Grasroots coordination in NH
-Interviews with local media in NH

December 23-25
With Jesse Jackson and Ralph Nader
-Rallies in SC
-Fundraisers in SC
-Town Halls in SC

December 26-27
With Ralph Nader and George McGovern
-Rallies in NM
-Fundraisers in NM
-Town Halls in NM
-Meetings with state Democratic officials in NM
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2014, 10:39:09 AM »

Dennis Kucinich Debate Answers

The fact is that we’re facing a jobs crisis in this country, and unless we make some big changes in our economy, we’re only going to see more families struggle. Our nation’s factories have been closing their doors and the only solution that Republicans seem to have is more tax breaks. Cutting taxes for the middle class is good, we all agree, but we’ve got to have more substance than that. That’s why I’m the one candidate here on this stage that is calling for a new New Deal of sorts. The WPA employed millions of struggling Americans seventy years ago when we were at our lowest point, and the government needs to introduce a program like that again that will target the unemployed and provide them with good, productive jobs to work on roads, schools, hospitals, and countless other things. You’ll see benefits that will last for many years to come from steady employment and a stronger infrastructure.

In addition to a comprehensive jobs program, we need a comprehensive trade policy that will not neglect our workers and our important industries, like steel and automobiles. As I’ve said countless times before, it’s time that we get rid of the status quo and withdraw from NAFTA, CAFTA, the WTO, and these other agreements and organizations that put foreign countries ahead of our own. We must approach trade in the best interest of American workers, as well as our environment and recognizing basic human rights. When cheap goods are imported here from China, of course you’ll see these factories shut their doors. Tariffs can be a force of good and I will seek to implement them to strengthen American commerce as President. Some may criticize my policies, but I ask everyone in the audience: can we do better? Many will say that they haven’t felt the prosperity of the ‘90s boom, and I can say a lot more about President Bush tonight, but I won’t go there. If you want a truly robust economy, though, my plans for America will bring out the best economy that you’ll have seen in decades. Workers come first in a Kucinich administration.

I have never supported the PATRIOT Act and I never will. The reason is simple: it’s a thoroughly unconstitutional mess that has invaded Americans’ privacy without proper justification. Washington felt like making changes to our national security after 9/11, but our politicians went too far with this, and it’s unfortunate that it received wide support from both parties. I’m also disappointed that there are some on this stage tonight who still see good in it. As President, it will be a high priority of mine to fully repeal the PATRIOT Act and other similar unconstitutional measures. Let’s not forget that the Fourth Amendment is still in our Bill of Rights, but it seems that we’ve neglected our Bill of Rights more and more as time has passed. The New York Times published a story a few months back that showed how the Bush administration has used the act to snoop on activities not related to terrorism, despite what the legislation is about, and people have even been prosecuted this way. I wish we could say that we still have rule of law, but sometimes it doesn’t feel like we do. We can tackle crime and terrorism without infringing on the privacy rights of all Americans. The liberty of our people must not be tarnished, even with well intentions. That’s why we must wage this fight.

A good starting point for a minimum wage under my vision would be at ten dollars an hour. Ideally I would like it to be raised more, although this would be a great place to start that I think is achievable in the near future. I’m actually glad that some of my fellow Democrats, like Senator Biden, have voiced support for my plans here, because we should all recognize that our workers are grossly underpaid in a lot of cases, and the government isn’t doing what it can right now to help. You see companies like Wal-Mart that have made wage slaves out of its workers, who end up relying on government welfare in many instances because they can’t support themselves and their family on the money that they’re already making, and with a business as expansive and profitable as Wal-Mart, that’s not something we should just tolerate. The cost of living has only risen with the years, as has inflation, so the current minimum wage we have nationally does not reflect what people need just to live reasonable lives. A livable wage is one of the most important things we can achieve in this economy. Raising the minimum wage would bring immediate relief to millions of Americans, so that’s why it’s so crucial to raise it to ten dollars now.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2014, 12:22:36 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: December 28-January 10

December 28
-Town Hall in Irmo, SC
-Town Hall in Lexington, SC
-Town Hall in Laurens, SC
-Town Hall in Clemson, SC

December 29
-Town Hall in Lake City, SC
-Town Hall in Georgetown, SC
-Town Hall in North Myrtle Beach, SC
-Town Hall in Easley, SC
-Town Hall in Beaufort, SC

December 30
-Rally and Fundraiser in Anderson, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Goose Creek, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Rock Hill, SC
-Rally and Fundraiser in Columbia, SC

South Carolina, it’s nearly the end of the year. Soon we will hit the clock on 2004 and start anew. We’ll face some very important decisions next year. This election is beginning to be on everyone’s mind now as we’re approaching the first primaries, and it’s a total scramble. What I can tell all of you out here is to get organized. We’re down to four Democrats now and we’re doing better in the polls than ever before. But the work isn’t done yet, because now our first tests are coming in Iowa, New Hampshire, and this state. We have the ability to win, and I think the polls are underestimating our strength, because we have the strongest grassroots organization by far. Now is our time to shine!

December 31
With Sherrod Brown
-Rally and Fundraiser in Akron, OH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Toledo, OH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cincinnati, OH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Cleveland, OH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Columbus, OH

January 1
With George McGovern and Gore Vidal
-Meet and Greet in Horace, ND
-Meet and Greet in Rugby, ND
-Rally and Fundraiser in Minot, ND

January 2
With George McGovern and Gore Vidal
-Town Hall in Anthony, NM
-Town Hall in Portales, NM
-Town Hall in Chaparral, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Roswell, NM
-Rally and Fundraiser in Santa Fe, NM

January 3
-Meet and Greet in Antrim, NH
-Meet and Greet in Warner, NH
-Meet and Greet in Bartlett, NH
-Meet and Greet in Rollinsford, NH
-Meet and Greet in Campton, NH

Meeting ordinary citizens here in New Hampshire is a refreshing break from the politics of Washington, let me tell you. You see so much dysfunction down in Capitol Hill, and there’s sort of a callous attitude that prevails, where ordinary Americans aren’t really given the respect that they deserve. I’d like to change that as President. My roots are definitely working class, so I know what it’s like for many Americans out there who have just barely gone by. My father was a truck driver and my mother stayed at home, and we moved more than twenty times during my childhood. The poor and middle class in America haven’t gotten the proper care that they need in this economy, especially now that it’s beginning to slow down. It doesn’t have to be that way, though. I’ve been working on behalf of the working class my whole time in public service. Your taxes deserve to be cut, your entitlements deserve to be protected, and your jobs deserve to be secure!

January 4
-Meet and Greet in Sutton, NH
-Meet and Greet in Webster, NH
-Meet and Greet in Dunbarton, NH
-Meet and Greet in Gorham, NH
-Meet and Greet in Sunapee, NH

January 5
-Town Hall in Alton, NH
-Town Hall in Epping, NH
-Town Hall in Atkinson, NH
-Town Hall in Plaistow, NH
-Town Hall in Hollis, NH

January 6
With Howard Dean and Russ Feingold
-Rally and Fundraiser in Bedford, NH
-Rally and Fundraiser in Salem, NH

January 7
-Meet and Greet in Belle Plaine, IA
-Meet and Greet in Marengo, IA
-Meet and Greet in Tama, IA
-Meet and Greet in Garner, IA
-Meet and Greet in Huxley, IA

January 8
-Meet and Greet in Story City, IA
-Meet and Greet in Eagle Grove, IA
-Meet and Greet in Cresco, IA
-Meet and Greet in Dyersville, IA
-Meet and Greet in Bondurant, IA

January 9
-Town Hall in Clear Lake, IA
-Town Hall in Carroll, IA
-Town Hall in Keokuk, IA
-Town Hall in Oskaloosa, IA

January 10
-Rally and Fundraiser in Marion, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Council Bluffs, IA
-Rally and Fundraiser in Iowa City, IA

TV Ad: Different

Hillary Clinton recently said the following during a presidential debate: "I don't really see any major differences between myself and any of my fellow Democrats in this field, with the exception of Rep. Kucinich." She's right. Time and time again, Dennis Kucinich has stood out from the pack as the only candidate with new, bold ideas for our country. A foreign policy of peace and a domestic policy of security is what he has always stood for. Other polticians have followed the herd, but not him. While you'll get the same old, same old with the other candidates, make no mistake: Dennis Kucinich is different. I'm Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2014, 08:36:12 PM »

Kucinich Endorsements

Mike Gravel: I remember as a younger man, I went against Nixon in the Senate to read the entire Pentagon Papers from start to finish to put on the record. Vietnam was the battle young people faced back then, and now we have Iraq. Congressman Kucinich has had a stellar record of opposing all of these disastrous wars, and I can't think of any better person to endorse for President.

AFL-CIO: After careful consideration, we are ready to announce that Congressman Dennis Kucinich has this organization's endorsement. Congressman Kucinich has had the strongest pro-labor record based on his many years in public service, and he will be a tireless advocate for workers and unions in the White House. The AFL-CIO will devote whatever resources are necessary to ensure that he wins his party's nomination and he wins the general election.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2014, 09:46:20 PM »

Statement from Congressman Kucinich

I am shocked to hear about Senator Edwards and I wish him all the best with a speedy recovery.
PPT Spiral
Spiral
Atlas Politician
YaBB God
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2014, 06:41:42 PM »

Dennis Kucinich Campaign Schedule: January 11-14

January 11
With Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, Ralph Nader, and George McGovern
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Fairfield, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Storm Lake, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Boone, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Newton, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Altoona, IA

You’ve been listening to all of my opponents out here. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve been called a “loony” by others, just because I dare to speak out on different ideas than everyone else. But I ask, are my ideas really so loony? I’ll tell you what’s loony: going to war under false pretenses by only paying with a credit card, running up the debt, letting the rich walk freely, and doing nothing about the people suffering in our own country! I’m angry about what Bush and the Republicans have done these last four years, and I don’t see much hope in reversing all of those policies with the field that I see over there. My campaign is about putting us back to work and avoiding these unnecessary conflicts overseas. I speak the same ideas that FDR did back in the 1930s, when he put us on a path to get out of the Great Depression. Government can be an instrument of good, and we still have programs like Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid because they work for millions of Americans who would otherwise be much worse off without them. The people of Iowa understand this, I know it, and that’s why I’m counting on all of you to show up on the 14th!

January 12
With Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, Sherrod Brown, and Jesse Jackson
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Waukee, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Johnston, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Coralville, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Muscatine, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Clive, IA

The media has said that I gave the strongest debate performance last time, far and away. I think there’s reason for that: I speak the truth and the people don’t want to just hear more lies from their elected officials. Cleveland has known for many years what they get with Dennis Kucinich, and now the rest of America is beginning to know as well. I’ve never shied away from speaking about what I believe in. My solutions for this country are absolutely going to work once they’re put into practice. You look at what you’ve gotten with the last four years and I believe just about everybody will say that there’s room for improvement, to say the very least. I’m the only Democrat in this race with a comprehensive vision for where to go forward, and now it seems I’m taking off at just the right time, right before the very first contest. This is our time to shine, my fellow progressives! There is still a place for democracy in America, and we’ll show it in two days once we head out to the polls in full force! So, I’ll ask right here on this stage: Who’s with me, from beginning to end?

January 13
With Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, Mike Gravel, and Bernie Sanders
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Ottumwa, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Marion, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Urbandale, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Dubuque, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in West Des Moines, IA

The polls have had Edwards and Clinton duking it out here in Iowa for a while now, although I don’t ever entirely trust the polls. They’re just too unpredictable, especially for caucuses like these. I’ll tell you, folks, you just can’t fully measure grassroots support. I’m talking about the people who work diligently behind the scenes, who are just as important as the people openly marching on the streets. Everyone is able to make their own unique contribution, and I’ve seen all of this during my time here in Iowa. We’ve built up a very impressive machine here in this state, despite a few disadvantages. Going in, I knew it was going to be tough. I didn’t have the name recognition, nor the amount of money, that my opponents do. But we’ve never given up. Here we are, within striking distance. Tonight is the eve before the caucus, and now more than ever I need you all to organize and show up! Who are the most enthusiastic supporters out of any campaign this year? It has to be us, there’s no contest. Now we’ll bring that enthusiasm over to the voting precincts and show everyone else how we’re a force to be reckoned with! Vote with your heart, people, and bring some real change over to the White House this year! Let’s hold our leaders accountable and bring a responsible, transparent, and moral government!

January 14
With Howard Dean, Russ Feingold, Jesse Jackson, Ralph Nader, and Gore Vidal
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Council Bluffs, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Waterloo, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Davenport, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Cedar Rapids, IA
-Barnstorming and GOTV in Des Moines, IA
-Election Night Rally in Des Moines, IA

Today’s the big day. Iowa is our first big test of this campaign, and now I ask all of my supporters across this great state to make a stand and show up for what they believe in! I have to thank my whole campaign team for being an immense help to me, as well as my surrogates out on the campaign trail. But I want to send a special thanks to all of you, the grassroots. You’ve decided to organize all of this, and the message has been so strong and positive that we just may pull it off here tonight. I appreciate all of it. Senators Clinton, Edwards, and Biden have all been truly formidable opponents of mine, but now I’m confident that we’ll be able to outshine them here in Iowa. We have the momentum going in this race and now we’ll prove to the whole country that you can’t kick us down so easily! We’ll come back even stronger than before! Bring out your friends, family, coworkers, and tell them to vote for the one candidate who has stood on principle even when it hurt! Vote for the candidate that stands up for what you believe in, and who listens to you! Let’s show everyone what it means to be vigilant!

TV/Radio Ad: Standing Up for You

He has fought for a higher minimum wage. He has opposed big business busting unions and limiting worker’s rights. He has strived to bring clean energy and has stood up to Big Oil. He has pushed for a clean environment. He has called for fair trade, protecting American jobs. This man is Dennis Kucinich, and he has been standing up for you in Congress all these years. Now he will continue to stand up for you in the White House. I’m Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

This ad is meant to display Kucinich’s progressive credentials and to furnish his leadership on various issues to a mass audience.

TV/Radio Ad: Seniors for Kucinich

In Congress, Dennis Kucinich has been vocal about protecting Social Security. "I see a new vision for American seniors. I see a country where all citizens can retire with full benefits at age 65, where Social Security will never become privatized, and where retirement years won't land in the hands of the stock market." As President, he will never turn his back on seniors. I’m Dennis Kucinich, and I approve this message.

This ad will shore up support among older voters, who are more likely to turn out to vote and who hold entitlements importantly.

Surrogate Activity

Howard Dean: Staging rallies and increasing turnout for the caucus in Iowa

Russ Feingold: Rallying progressive support in Iowa

Ralph Nader: Fundraising and mobilizing consumer advocate groups for caucus turnout in Iowa

Jesse Jackson: Rallying minority communities in Iowa

Mike Gravel: Touring college campuses for maximum turnout in Iowa

Bernie Sanders: Rallying seniors in Iowa

George McGovern: Meeting with activists in Iowa

AFL-CIO: Encouraging union members to turn out for Kucinich and instructing them on caucus process in Iowa

Sierra Club: Mobilizing environmental activists in Iowa

Code Pink: Coordinating GOTV efforts with antiwar activists in Iowa

United Steelworkers: Increasing union turnout in Iowa

ACLU: Distributing pro-Kucinich pamphlets in Iowa
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies