Alaska 1992/1996
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:37:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Alaska 1992/1996
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Alaska 1992/1996  (Read 1050 times)

excelsus
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 29, 2014, 07:22:18 PM »

Does anybody know where I can find the borough results for the presidential election in Alaska in 1992 and 1996. I need them in order to complete my map.
And anyway, why is it so incredibly hard to find data for Alaska?
🐒Gods of Prosperity🔱🐲💸
shua
Atlas Star
Nepal

Political Matrix
E: 1.29, S: -0.70

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 12:11:55 AM »

Do you need them by borough?  Alaska reports by state house district rather than borough, so unless someone else has done the calculation, you'd need to add up all the precinct results by borough. 

Results by house district for 1992 and house district and precinct for 1996 can be found here.
kcguy
Romania

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 09:43:24 AM »

Ah, the days before the internet. . .

There was a reference work in my public library called "America Votes".  I don't know if it does Alaska, but I did find some county-level results from New England.  (The World Almanac, by comparison, only listed New England towns and only of a certain size.)

excelsus
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 05:52:44 PM »

Do you need them by borough?  Alaska reports by state house district rather than borough, so unless someone else has done the calculation, you'd need to add up all the precinct results by borough. 

Results by house district for 1992 and house district and precinct for 1996 can be found here.

Thanks for that interesting link, but it won't help me unless I know which house districts belong to which boroughs. (Not to mention potential overlaps between districts and boroughs.)

It just seems like the Alaskan government consists of sadists who enjoy tormenting respectable mapmakers and political statisticians.

excelsus
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 05:56:16 PM »

Ah, the days before the internet. . .

Exactly! We're living in the 21st century and it still impossible to do complete researches on election results via Internet...
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies