The t_host1 Institute of Comedy (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:17:21 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  The t_host1 Institute of Comedy (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: The t_host1 Institute of Comedy  (Read 89839 times)
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« on: April 01, 2014, 11:12:43 AM »

I am reaching another point to where despite over a decade here, I don't know how much longer I can stay in what is essentially becoming a liberal bastion for anti-gun rants (which in and of itself is unpatriotic, humiliatingly defeatist and cowardly) and this unapologetic love for Hillary Clinton who for all intents and purposes should not at all be considered as darling by liberals as she is. That makes me believe that it's simply electability they are worried about and so my opinion of liberals goes down further when they can't even stay true to liberal beliefs (as conservatives do) simply out of electability fears.

I think liberals mean well, I really do. They are focused on pushing the pendulum in a good direction. The problem is, they let emotions run high and lack the analytical thought process about the repercussions of the pendulum swinging back. It is hard for me to come up with a specific example at 6am, so I'll give you a generalized analogy. I read somewhere back around 2004 or so that a few instructors who worked at a Florida flight training school were discussing how one of their Middle Eastern students was asking odd questions about how to get into the cockpit of a 767 and was only interested in taking off, not in landing. Liberalism, political correctness, whatever you want to call it, took over when their bosses and higher ups quickly silenced them, reminding them that "just because a person is Middle Eastern, doesn't mean they're a terrorist." The higher-ups spewing liberalism obviously meant well. But those Middle Eastern men turned out to be the 9/11 hijackers. That's a simple example of how even by meaning well, liberalism doesn't take into account how much emotion clouts the realities of life. You can not lead a country, a business, a city, a classroom even if you let emotion run rampant.

The gun debate is another example of this. Liberals for all their superior intelligence, or so they say, should know that guns don't kill people, people kill people. This is a simple factual statement that you would think the so-called intelligent liberals would understand. But they let their emotion clout their judgement. Piers Morgan learned this the hard way, trying to force his own European beliefs on the American audience. He failed miserably. Remember too, we kicked Europe out of our lives over 200 years ago during the Revolutionary War because of things that were hurting our freedoms. We plunged knives into the hearts of men to live free. We did it just 70 years ago so that Europe could live free. Time doesn't always heal all wounds.
Is Reaganfan secretly Rick Perry?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 05:33:10 PM »

Uh, slight tick there. Cruz is already eligible. One of his parents is American.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2014, 05:40:33 PM »

Uh, slight tick there. Cruz is already eligible. One of his parents is American.

Thats part of the joke.
Well then, yeah, it still doesn't make any sense, and its not really all that funny.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2014, 06:05:35 PM »

I'm pretty honest about admitting when another guy is good looking.  It's never bothered me to be open about it, and I'm pretty straight Smiley

LOL, what a delusional little queer!
Uh, how is this in any way funny?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2014, 06:08:14 PM »

I'm pretty honest about admitting when another guy is good looking.  It's never bothered me to be open about it, and I'm pretty straight Smiley

People can't even make fun of themselves now? This is getting quite annoying.
I'm sorry, I didn't ever say that, I'm just thinking that calling yourself a queer isn't all that knee slapping to me, is it more popular over in the States or something?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 06:10:36 PM »

Because I'm gay. Eight years ago, I was closeted and proclaiming "straightness."
Oh, that makes sense now.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 06:21:54 PM »

Guntaker has it ever occurred to you that you have no sense of humour
Well, it's probably because I watch more British Comedy over American Comedy (Ricky Gervais, QI, Mock the Week, etc), and I just don't get a lot of American humor, which usually revolves around poop jokes, fart jokes and generally more vulgar and blatant humor.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2014, 06:37:01 PM »

Yeah, but the Daily Show is not the iota of mainstream American Comedy, that card goes to shows like the Simpsons or Family Guy.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 06:56:31 PM »

Yeah, but the Daily Show is not the iota of mainstream American Comedy, that card goes to shows like the Simpsons or Family Guy.

stop.
Why? I'm not trying to be cynical or anything, a legitimate question.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 12:53:18 PM »

Guntaker has it ever occurred to you that you have no sense of humour
Well, it's probably because I watch more British Comedy over American Comedy (Ricky Gervais, QI, Mock the Week, etc), and I just don't get a lot of American humor, which usually revolves around poop jokes, fart jokes and generally more vulgar and blatant humor.

I call BS on the Brit!

I thought it was firmly established that Guntaker is a Yank?
And that rumour would be all fine and good, except for the part where it's completely untrue.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2014, 11:14:07 AM »

Oh yeah, that mail which said I should be shot and that I was a piece of sh**t. Hilarious.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2014, 12:18:23 PM »

A PM, for some reason the guy has beef with me.
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2014, 06:21:22 AM »

I really wished my "Hilfly is a crack baby" survived long enough to make it here. Alas, it was deleted too soon Sad.
Even if it hadn't been deleted, it wasn't funny enough.
Isn't humor based on a matter of Opinion?
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2014, 06:55:21 AM »

Remember, this was in a TL about Hillary beating Obama.

Obama still bitter of the Clintons, conspire with GOP U.S. Senators to block Hillary's education reform initiatives and also place a hold on Hillary's choice for U.S. Secretary of the Army for months and months.

He also pulls a Frank Underwood by killing his former pastor by throwing him towards a moving train , without being detected by cameras.

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies