North Star Polls: Full Reboot
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 01:19:01 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  North Star Polls: Full Reboot
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Would you support a reboot of Atlasia?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 45

Author Topic: North Star Polls: Full Reboot  (Read 3517 times)
Enderman
Jack Enderman
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2014, 01:33:41 PM »

Personally, I think the aftereffects of such a move would be a nightmare.  Many current laws would be reintroduced anyway and the Senate would have to consider everything all over again, including statutes that are vital to the game.  So much work has gone into making Atlasia what it is today, as imperfect as it may be.  A full reboot would mean repealing literally an entire decade of other people's work without fair debate and consideration.

It's also totally unrealistic.  I mean, I know this is a game and all, but a country cannot simply "reset" itself when bad things happen.  It needs to face its problems head-on.

But, if we're going to restart everything, we might as well elect a fresh new batch of senators and hold a new presidential election, as well, because letting all the incumbents rebuild everything from scratch sounds like a huge power grab to me.
Hatman 🍁
EarlAW
Atlas Star
Canada

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2014, 01:58:57 PM »

Absolutely not.  I may not be active much anymore, but this would guarantee me leaving the game for good.

Over 10 years ago I was a member of a US government simulation forum, and they tried this once, and it killed the game. It went from being a fairly active Forum to dead in a matter of months.
Dr. Cynic
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.11, S: -6.09

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #27 on: March 31, 2014, 11:44:23 AM »

Yes. Not erasing the history or anything, but this place will continue to stagnate until we do. I also want to move to a parliamentary system so we can void the needs of regions.

I don't understand the attachment when I'm saying we should keep the history but have a full reboot. When you're reading a book you love, do you keep re-reading the same pages over and over to avoid the ending? No. You finish it, put it on the shelf, and look at it again some other time. I feel Atlasia is like a book that we need to finish and start a new one.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2014, 04:06:11 PM »

A better idea would be to pass more omnibus bills by combining and consolidating some of the bills pertaining to a single issue. That would make the statute page far more accessible than it is now.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2014, 04:43:46 PM »

I still say changing the structure of government and adding a lower house is the best way to go, but it seems like it's an impossible task to achieve.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #30 on: March 31, 2014, 04:44:58 PM »

I've long considered that if we were to reduce the amount of regions to, say, 3, a 10-12-member House (elected though at-large lists) and 6-person Senate (2 per region) would be a possibility.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #31 on: March 31, 2014, 04:48:09 PM »

I've long considered that if we were to reduce the amount of regions to, say, 3, a 10-12-member House (elected though at-large lists) and 6-person Senate (2 per region) would be a possibility.

Yes, that was my plan when I ran initially in October, but it failed miserably. So here we are...Tongue
President Tyrion
TyrionTheImperialist

« Reply #32 on: March 31, 2014, 05:51:06 PM »

We could do "issue-based" reboots.

Perhaps, we could bilaterally agree to repeal legislation in certain areas (Healthcare, education, and the military have been mentioned) in order to refocus and rewrite legislation in those areas. It would allow new ideas, while penetrating the behemoth that is our current statute.
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2014, 06:42:58 PM »

I think that's quite a bit of what Adam was hoping to clarify- I'd say he's on the right track with that.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies