Dan Boren (D-OK)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:33:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Dan Boren (D-OK)
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Dan Boren (D-OK)  (Read 1563 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2014, 01:07:34 AM »

I haven't heard much speculation about him.  He's young, he's a good fit for his state, and he won by double digits in his last House election - in 2010.  He probably would have won in 2012 by equally comfortable margins had he not retired.  Has he hinted at the possibility of running for Senate or Governor this year?
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 01:11:28 AM »

I will say, he represented the most historically D district in Oklahoma. I doubt he could even make a difference against Shannon/Lankford or Fallin. Best area is probably to run against Inhofe as he's probably one the worst republicans senators ever, but even then, Inhofe would still win.
Miles
MilesC56
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 01:14:06 AM »

This year? No. He said his 'dream job' is Governor of OK. 2018 possibly, but not against a safe incumbent.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 01:21:14 AM »

I will say, he represented the most historically D district in Oklahoma. I doubt he could even make a difference against Shannon/Lankford or Fallin. Best area is probably to run against Inhofe as he's probably one the worst republicans senators ever, but even then, Inhofe would still win.

I think he would be best off running for Coburn's seat or challenging Fallin, who I doubt is safe this year.  I have no reason to believe Inhofe is vulnerable.  What is it about Inhofe in particular that makes him vulnerable?
Reginald
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2014, 03:05:28 AM »

I think he would be best off running for Coburn's seat or challenging Fallin, who I doubt is safe this year.  I have no reason to believe Inhofe is vulnerable.  What is it about Inhofe in particular that makes him vulnerable?

What reason do you have to believe Fallin is vulnerable? Not trying to be nasty here; I'm genuinely curious.

The funny thing about Inhofe is that no one ever admits to actually liking the guy, yet he gets reelected with huge margins every time. Suppose this could be Norman bias though.

As for Boren, I'll believe it when I see it.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2014, 06:38:49 AM »

What reason do you have to believe Fallin is vulnerable? Not trying to be nasty here; I'm genuinely curious.

The funny thing about Inhofe is that no one ever admits to actually liking the guy, yet he gets reelected with huge margins every time. Suppose this could be Norman bias though.

Eh... scratch that.  I believe I incorrectly recalled Fallin having signed certain controversial bills that put her reputation in jeopardy, but that's clearly not the case.

I maintain that Boren would do well to consider running for Coburn's seat, but time is running out if it hasn't already.
MATTROSE94
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -6.43

P P P
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2014, 07:33:43 AM »

Eh... scratch that.  I believe I incorrectly recalled Fallin having signed certain controversial bills that put her reputation in jeopardy, but that's clearly not the case.

I maintain that Boren would do well to consider running for Coburn's seat, but time is running out if it hasn't already.
I agree. Mary Fallin will likely clear 60-70% of the vote this year despite her controversies.
IceSpear
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.19, S: -6.43

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2014, 01:32:18 PM »

He'll probably run for governor in 2018.
ElectionsGuy
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: 7.10, S: -7.65

P P
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2014, 01:36:57 PM »

He's not, its just that he's never won >60% of the vote in his elections. He's probably the least safe of the three, that's all.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2014, 01:46:58 PM »

Dan Boren is horrifying and I hope he loses.
Joshgreen
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2014, 02:47:05 PM »

...he isn't running for anything...
sg0508
United States

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2014, 02:55:12 PM »

I think the Boren name may have run thin in OK. Plus, OK today isn't OK from 10-20 years ago.
Maxwell
mah519
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.96

« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2014, 03:01:23 PM »

Duh. I was saying if ran for Governor in 2018.

God you just always feel the need to be passive aggressive all the time Roll Eyes
Joshgreen
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2014, 03:04:33 PM »

Duh. I was saying if ran for Governor in 2018.

God you just always feel the need to be passive aggressive all the time Roll Eyes

Sorry, it's too much fun Wink
Orser67
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2014, 08:39:22 PM »

Roll Call's Farm Team series said that he was basically the only Democrat who could make the 2014 Senate race competitive, although I wonder if Brad Carson and Brad Henry could also run competitive races.

http://www.rollcall.com/news/in_oklahoma_open_seats_could_come_sooner-230200-1.html?pg=2
TX Conservative Dem
United States

« Reply #15 on: April 05, 2014, 08:13:08 PM »

I'm thinking Henry would seek the governorship again in 2018 IF the Republicans win back the White House in 2016 and if the courts allow him to run for his old job since the law passed when he was already termed out as governor.

Walters and Keating are also allowed to seek the governorship again if they choose to.

Joe Biden 2020
BushOklahoma
Atlas Star
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.77, S: 3.48

« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2014, 09:34:15 PM »

I'm thinking Henry would seek the governorship again in 2018 IF the Republicans win back the White House in 2016 and if the courts allow him to run for his old job since the law passed when he was already termed out as governor.

Walters and Keating are also allowed to seek the governorship again if they choose to.

David Walters only served one term in the early 1990's so he could run again regardless of the law. Walters was only a place holder between Henry Bellmon and Frank Keating kind of like Jimmy Carter was between the Nixon and Reagan/Bush era.

That said, Dan Boren isn't going to run for anything until maybe 2018.  As others have said,  he is a conservative Democrat,  and a DINO, really,  but he would get creamed while Obama is fresh on the minds of voters.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies