Opinion of Ted Strickland
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:36:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of Ted Strickland
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Your opinion?
FF (D)
HP (D)
FF (R)
HP (R)
FF (I/O)
HP (I/O)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of Ted Strickland  (Read 762 times)
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 30, 2014, 03:04:57 PM »
« edited: March 30, 2014, 03:08:28 PM by Guntaker »

Y'know, that guy who was beaten by that other guy in 2010, y'know?

Anyway, fairly big FF, I believe he opposed the PATRIOT Act and was mildly pro rehabilitation, though his Pro-Life-Ness kind of throws me off. (And his Pro Gun stance is fairly annoying)
TJ in Oregon
TJ in Cleve
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.13, S: 6.96

« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 03:10:47 PM »

lol (R) would be my general response. He'd be halfway decent if he ever stopped reciting talking points and was a tad forthright. I can't really say he's an HP, though because he really isn't awful.

He's a bit like Snowstalker to be honest.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2014, 03:11:20 PM »

lol (R) would be my general response. He'd be halfway decent if he ever stopped reciting talking points and was a tad forthright. I can't really say he's an HP, though because he really isn't awful.

He's a bit like Snowstalker to be honest.

A Marxist governor of Ohio? Cool! Tongue
nolesfan2011
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.68, S: -7.48

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2014, 08:24:01 PM »

he seems to be acceptable at least, far better than the current Ohio Gov
Oldiesfreak1854
Atlas Icon
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 08:28:04 AM »

Mild HP (R).
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 08:50:51 AM »

FF (I/O/D/whatever party i'm in)
LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2014, 07:17:38 PM »

Narrowly FF. Despite being pro-gun, pro-life and pro-death penalty, he did a remarkable job as Congressman. Governor, not so much. He luckily never made huge income tax cuts like Kasich has, but he hurt local govt's and schools with his phase outs on property taxes. He went after the agencies to with his slashed funding for ELI, ECE, and HMG and cutting Medicaid while putting huge stresses on education and veterans’ benefits. He did a great job lowering college tuition costs and putting an end to charter schools, but he just put too much focus on education and not enough on other issues. My mom actually got laid off because of the economy and because of Strickland's cuts. I didn't like his original “endorsement” of freaking Jennifer Garrison for Secretary of State in 2010 either. His pick of Yvette Brown in 2010 as his running mate wasn't bad per say, but he made a terrible decision on waiting until the last days to campaign vigorously up in Cuyahoga County.

He still promised that he would hold a public rally with FitzGerald to help with his name ID and his showing in SE Ohio, but he's failed to do that yet and chances are slim with Strickland now heading up to DC. I at least admire his optimism though in 2008 with Obama, 2016 for Ready for Hillary and in 2014 with FitzGerald's chances against Kasich. We would have a better chance at Kasich this year with Strickland, but he's right in saying it's time to give the new, fresh faces of the Ohio Democratic Party these kinds of big opportunities. Basically, he has plenty of flaws and some accomplishments. Compared to Richard Celeste or John Gilligan though, Strickland is one of the worst modern day Democratic Governors of Ohio.
PiMp DaDdy FitzGerald
Mr. Pollo

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2014, 07:20:05 PM »

Too socially conservative and too accomadating to republicans. He would have been a better governor if he didn't base his entire strategy on gaining the approval of the Coal Miners in Ohio.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2014, 07:49:43 AM »

FF. I was a pretty big fan. If I could have changed one gubernatorial election in 2010, that'd probably be the one. It was one of the more surprising losses and one that was entirely due to depressed Democratic turnout.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies