Opinion of John Kasich
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 10:41:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of John Kasich
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: Well, guys, girls and Snowstalker?
FF (D)
HP (D)
FF (R)
HP (R)
FF (I/O)
HP (I/O)
Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Author Topic: Opinion of John Kasich  (Read 919 times)
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 02, 2014, 09:53:43 AM »

Mild HP.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 02, 2014, 02:17:26 PM »

I am sure the 2016 watchers can help me here a lot: why is Kasich not being talked about as a presidential contender in 2016? He is a governor from a swing state, a Contract with America Congressman. He has taken on unions, is a competent public speaker and has run for president already. Why does Scott Walker register as 2016 presidential timber but not Kasich?

It is an open secret here that he really wants to run, but he's basically poor man's Scott Walker.  Seriously, why would a rank-and-file Republican pick him over Walker?  Kasich fought the unions and lost?  Scott Walker fought the unions and won.  Kasich expanded Medicaid (which I am happy about and give him credit for; even though it was likely an election ploy, he still did it)?  Scott Walker opposed Medicaid expansion.  Kasich is gonna win re-election against a B- opponent in a slightly Republican-leaning swing state?  Walker is going to win re-election against a B- opponent in a slightly Democratic-leaning blue state.  I'm sure you get the idea by now.  I suspect Kasich is well aware of this and resents Walker quite a bit for consistently upstaging him.  Also Kasich has this "aww shucks, let's just roll up our sleeves and get to work/well guys the unions beat us, bless them" schtick that has started to get on people's nerves here and probably would in a Presidential campaign too (I know a number of Kasich supporters who hate listening to him on TV b/c of this speaking style he seems to have developed).
Potatoe
Guntaker
United Kingdom

« Reply #27 on: April 02, 2014, 02:20:45 PM »

I am sure the 2016 watchers can help me here a lot: why is Kasich not being talked about as a presidential contender in 2016? He is a governor from a swing state, a Contract with America Congressman. He has taken on unions, is a competent public speaker and has run for president already. Why does Scott Walker register as 2016 presidential timber but not Kasich?
He's denied a run, it's pretty hard to run when you're not doing it.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2014, 08:05:11 AM »

Massive HP.

The only thing I'll give him credit for is ensuring that the Medicaid expansion went through in Ohio. And, to those the mentioned that in this topic, it was a perfectly legal move to bypass the Legislature in the manner that was done, as the Ohio Supreme Court ruled (with not one vote striking down the expansion).
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies