2014 Major League Baseball prediction and discussion thread. (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:25:52 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  2014 Major League Baseball prediction and discussion thread. (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 2014 Major League Baseball prediction and discussion thread.  (Read 6134 times)
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« on: October 02, 2014, 01:18:55 AM »

If the Giants win again this year, I'll be pissed.

Speaking as a Giants fan, it'd be nice if the NL could send a team other than us or the Cardinals to the World Series. Of course, I mean that we should take the title this year and then the Cardinals fail to make it next year, breaking the streak and letting someone else (not the Dodgers) go to the World Series. Wink
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 01:42:22 AM »

I think we now have proof that season Giants and postseason Giants are two completely different teams.

When Panik went to bat in the top of the 9th, our odds of winning were 3%. Combined with 9 full innings where the Nationals could have ended it with a single run, that may be the most unlikely victory I have ever seen.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 11:51:44 PM »

Royals win it all..........(in before waltermitty says it.)
Only because of a blown call at first base.

and Cardinals are up 2-1 over the big spending Dodgers.  Heart and experience!

Please finish them off sooner rather than later. Dodgers fans are a truly insufferable bunch.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2014, 01:43:11 AM »

KC is actually a -115/-105 favorite on Bovada to win the series, which surprised me.  I was expecting SF in the neighborhood of -125.

No matter how many playoff series we win, nobody ever takes the Giants seriously. It works fine for me, though.

WAY too long of a break between the LCS's  and the WS.  Not good for either team, but it's really going to hurt the Royals more I fear.

Teams sweeping the LCS are 6-22 in the World Series. Giants winning in 5 really helps the Royals, since we won't be too much fresher than they are.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2014, 02:03:11 AM »

Tim Lincecum reminding everyone he's a better choice than any of the relievers Bochy used tonight.

Yeah, Machi and Strickland really don't need to be out there in the World Series. What's more, we already saw that earlier in the postseason when they both struggled while the rest of our bullpen was sterling. Can we put Strickland on the DL with an injured ego and bring in Kontos?
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2014, 12:52:14 AM »

I think it's the saddest thing that Tim Lincecum is just a few months separated from throwing a freakin' no-hitter and he's been reduced to a middle-relief/mop-up role.

plenty of bad pitchers have thrown no-hitters.

Yeah, Lincecum really hasn't been any good since 2011. He had a brief episode of good pitching earlier this year starting with that no-hitter. The fact that he finished with a 4.74 ERA says a lot about how bad he was the rest of the year.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2014, 01:04:08 AM »

RIP.

--

I'm thinking for the Giants lineup tomorrow, Bochy should use Peavy, Lincecum, and Casilla for relief. It saves Hudson, Petit, and possibly Bumgarner for Game 7 if it comes to it.

Is Lincecum ready to go? It seemed like there were some serious concerns about his back when he left Game 2 one out from the end.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2014, 08:42:50 PM »

I haven't been this nervous since Game 7 of the 2001 World Series.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2014, 11:21:10 PM »

The trophy should stay at Bumgarner's house for the rest of the year. Seriously.

He should get the other starters' rings. I can't recall a time that I've seen one player make this much of a difference for his team's fortunes.
Associate Justice PiT
PiT (The Physicist)
Atlas Politician
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2014, 11:28:37 PM »

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies