Office of Cranberry, Pacific Regional Senator - RESIGN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:51:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Cranberry, Pacific Regional Senator - RESIGN
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Author Topic: Office of Cranberry, Pacific Regional Senator - RESIGN  (Read 18006 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 31, 2014, 08:54:11 AM »
« edited: June 03, 2015, 02:41:46 PM by Senator Cranberry »

The Office of

THEODORE CRANBERRY
Senator, Pacific Region

Quote from: Restricted
You must be logged in to read this quote.
Flake
JacobTiver
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2014, 08:54:53 AM »

Endorsed Smiley
Gass3268
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 08:55:43 AM »

Endorsed
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2014, 08:57:30 AM »

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2014, 09:27:03 AM »

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2014, 09:57:33 AM »

Thank you very much! Here, take some cranberries.
Fed. Pac. Chairman Devin
Devin
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2014, 03:34:41 PM »

Endorsed my friend, I enjoy working with you!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2014, 03:35:55 PM »

Good luck. As always, I am supportive of Pacific candidates who seem eager to help me bring the region back.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2014, 05:47:52 PM »

LeBron
LeBron FitzGerald
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2014, 07:03:13 PM »

Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2014, 01:57:35 AM »

A short reminder to all Pacificians: Don't forget to vote!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2014, 03:31:10 AM »

Portland, Oregon: My dear people of the Pacific! Since February I've had the pleasure to serve you as Councillor, since April as Council Speaker. I have sponsored a bill that will make the Pacific the most green region of Atlasia, I have amended numerous of PJ's bills that were left as his legacy (but - we're finally nearly through with 'em!), administrated and updated the wiki, and together with my dear friend Governor DemPGH drafted the first Stimulus bill. I can promise you, I will continue this work of mine, and especially focus on a pro-labor, pro-nature and in general pro-gressive policy. Thank you for your attention, and don't hesitate to ask questions! (Should they be asked in GIF-form, I'll answer them in that same manner)

Also, I'm here to open my new office in Downtown Portland - feel free to take some snacks and drinks!

TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2014, 11:40:15 AM »

Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2014, 02:11:23 PM »

You know that the Pacific can't run without you. Endorsed! Grin
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2014, 11:53:19 PM »

You know that the Pacific can't run without you. Endorsed! Grin

Thanks guys Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2014, 08:10:07 AM »

Mr Cranberry, Speaker of the 10th Pacific Council, is holding a speech in front of his office in Downtown Portland, Oregon; concering the upcoming Pacific Council Elections, the situation the Pacific is now and has been in the past and his visions for a bright future in the Pacific.

Dear people of the Pacific, dear fellow Pacificians,

I will not hide the truth from you: The Pacific is in a bad shape. Our great region has suffered much and more, and not just lately, activity levels have always been at a deep low. We are the only region without a competetive Regional Senate Race! We have barely had enough candidacies for the upcoming elections. And, as dire as it might seem, of now, it's hard to imagine a Pacific without our great and admired governor, Mr DemPGH.

Yet, if I know one thing, we have always found a way. We have been in direr times, we have suffered more, we even have had no government for a time. Of lately, a small group of people has achieved to stabilize our great region, to give our council proper legislation to discuss and debate (we owe our late former Governor PJ more than twenty bills), to give the people of the Pacific a new hope. Yes, it might still be wise to consider a merger with another region, that I openly admit, yet for now, our region's wheels are again in motion.

Therefore, I want to talk to you also about policy, which may not be forgotten in front of those dire clouds. I can assure you, I have always been a man that fights for nothing but the interests of the common man. In addition, I am a staunch advocate of our environment, having introduced a bill that will make the Pacific the region with the biggest share of "green" energy in its lines. Furthermore, I have one quality I am especially proud of - I always thoughtfully consider every possible up or down of any solution to a problem. I am noone that goes just for the simplest solution, but for the one that is best for us, our children and our region.

Thank you for your attention, and don't forget to vote tomorrow!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2014, 10:31:43 AM »

The voting booth just opened, it's accessible here. Don't forget to vote Pacificians!(preferably for me Tongue)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2014, 12:53:49 PM »

I thank the Pacificians for reelecting me to the council!

Additionally, I want to announce my endorsement for my dear friend Flo, who is currently running for the Pacific Regional Senate Seat. GO FLO! Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2014, 09:42:18 AM »

Mr. Cranberry, Speaker of the 11th Pacific Council, is holding a speech in front of the Pacific Regional Capitol Building in San Francisco, California. He adresses the progress the Pacific has made, who is to credit for this progress, and what his plans for the future are.

Dear people of the Pacific, dear fellow Pacificians and Atlasians!

We have reached a time of which I dare say that our beautiful region is again going upwards, strongly upwards. In not even half a year we have accomplished to cut our unemplyment rates in half, we have managed to experience a significant growth. We are even on the way to a balanced budget! Who has accomplished this all? Well, it is no lie if I say: "The people of the Pacific!". But more accurately, I will name three names: Duke, our president; Oakvale, manager of the Save The Pacific Project, and DemPGH, our outgoing Governor and becoming President!

All three of these honourable gentlemen are outgoing in their respective positions of service. President Duke, whom we owe our Stimulus and the Save The Pacific Project, has served two terms as President of Atlasia and will resign on July 2nd. Mr Oakvale will resign from his position concurrently, he was a man that especially in the background was always with great and worthy council. And Mr DemPGH is leaving the Governor's Mansion for the White House. Let us all wish these three gentlemen the best of luck on their respective journeys! *cheers* *Duke!, Oakvale! and especially DemPGH! cries*

The departure of these three gentlemen leaves us however with three important positions, especially for the Pacific, to fill. Mr Duke's position, the Presidency, has already been filled, and we have found with DemPGH a man we all know and appreciate the most suitable candidate imaginable for this position. Mr Oakvale's position is to be filled by the president, and a few known candidates have already epressed interest. But the last position, dear people of the Pacific, is yet to be filled, and that is the reason I am here today! I am hereby announcing to you, in front of this historic building representing the Pacific as a whole, my candidacy for the Special Election for Pacific Governor to succed the vacancy caused by DemPGH's election to president!

I could tell you now why I am the best suited candidate, why I am the Pacific best choice, but today is a day that should belong to these three gentlemen. I can assure you however, that I will try to follow their glorious lead, and that I hope that I am worth their succession. Thank you Pacific, and thank you, Duke, Oakvale and DemPGH! *cheers*
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2014, 11:31:15 AM »

Why would I not endorse you? Endorsed!
SUSAN CRUSHBONE
a Person
Junior Chimp
Antarctica

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2014, 11:38:37 AM »

endorsed (normal)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 02:37:59 AM »

Since my candidacy is now official, feel free to ask questions, to bypass until my platform is arriving Smiley
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 03:13:19 AM »

Fabulous news!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2014, 04:31:48 AM »

Why would I not endorse you? Endorsed!

Thanks a lot guys! Smiley
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2014, 09:45:24 AM »
« Edited: June 28, 2014, 09:47:47 AM by PA Speaker Cranberry »

FIVE GOALS FOR THE PACIFIC:
Paid advert by the committee to elect a second Austro-Atlasian Governor in the Pacific
To be distribted in newspapers and aired in networks throughout the region

The Pacific is at crossroads. We have seen progress in the last months, we have averted the dire times that approached us just half a year ago. Yet our work is not done. You, the people of the Pacific, have the choice - either you choose the glorious way ahead, or the way back down into the dark pit we have escaped. Either you choose the future, or the past. Either you choose the best choice, or the worst. It is up to you!

I, Theodore Cranberry, editor of The Observer, an independent paper of Portland, Oregon, three term councillor, always proudly representing and open to his constituents, and two term Speaker of said legislative body, believe to be said best choice. In my months of public service, I proved to be an open-minded Councillor, always ready to work non-partisanly for the best of our beautiful region. I have worked with our honoured former Governor and President-Elect Mr DemPGH on numerous legislations aiding our region, including the center of President Duke's "Save the Pacific Project", the Stimulus. I have introduced a bill that makes the Pacific the region with the highest share of "green" energy, that is energy drawn from renewable and sustainable sources.
Mr Cranberry on his workplace

Furthermore, I have crossed the aisle on numerous occassions, and have co-sponsored and then signed as Acting Governor a legislation that will privatise the public transportation in the Pacific, yet nationalize all the infrastructure, including the one currently in private hands, in turn imposing strict rules for private companies, ensuring the highest quality and at the same time cheapest way for the people of the Pacific.

I will not promise you a reduce of the "life tax", while keeping silent at the ongoing discussions of the budget, and while the tax rate in the Pacific is at a level, that cannot possibly be lowered any more, at least not without a significant deficit. I will not completely destroy the Pacific Regional Government and send a whole region into a dark pit of desperation and decline "to make the game more fun". I am no man like my opponents, Devin and Xahar. I am a man that works just for the benefit of the Pacific, and as Governor, I would follow these five simple goals, bringing the Pacific into the right direction:

1. ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT
The Pacific has experienced a great progress in this area, and I promise to follow the path outlined by Duke, Oakvale and DemPGH. I will work with DemPGH and the new leader of the "Save the Pacific Project" on the second stimulus, the heart and center of said project. I will continue to make the Pacific a region suitable for businesses, by saying "NO!" on any attempts of foolish legislation in this area.

2. CREATING NEW WORKPLACES
I will work hard for the creation of new workplaces and a decrease of the unemployment rate. This can be accomplished in numerous ways, one of these ways being a planned bill that would prohibit the Regional government the commission of companies that draw more than half of their workforce from outside the Pacific. I will also stand for prolonging and expanding current tax deductions for companies that create a workplace filled by a Pacifician.

3. SUSTAINABILITY

The Pacific is on the best way on becoming one of the most economically sustainable areas on the planet. I stood as sponsor of numerous legislations concerning this issue, and I proudly outlined sustainability and "green jobs" as main topics of the second stimulus. I can promise to go on this way, and will try my best to make the Pacific a shining example on environmental sustainability.

4. EQUAL CHANCES
Atlasia as a whole has always been a country proud of her equality, and we in the Pacific are equally proud. We must however assure that this equality may stay on, so we can be truly proud of it, and be an example for the whole planet. As governor, I will never sign any piece of legislation that confines this equality in any way, but instead work for a broader enforcement of this equality, in evry single aspect of our lifes.

5. EDUCATION
Our former governor DemPGH has sponsored great pieces of legislations enhancing the quality of our public education, and I can do no more but to promise to continue his work. My plan is it to provide an equal quality of education in our country, by increasing funding of public schools and universities, by creating an enhanced training of our teachers, and ensure that our children will have a safe place to learn, play and develop themselves.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies