Office of Cranberry, Pacific Regional Senator - RESIGN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 08:24:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Cranberry, Pacific Regional Senator - RESIGN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Author Topic: Office of Cranberry, Pacific Regional Senator - RESIGN  (Read 17958 times)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: October 27, 2014, 12:44:30 PM »

President Cranberry holds a speech regarding the elections and congratulating its candidates

(..) Today, we all have shown the world what a strong and unified and great people the people of Atlasia is. Weeks ago, our nation was trembling under unrest and turmoil, were cities from Kansas to New York burning, was our great nation at its lowest point since the long gone Civil War in a long gone country of another name. Today, we have shown the world that democracy and a free people envisioning its own future is stronger than any of its enemies can ever be. In a matter of weeks, we have let our past behind us, and now, this past is truly past, and we have new leaders to show us a shining way into the future.

I can only congratulate Senator Lumine for his election. Lumine, you have always been a great friend and trusted advisor of mine. You are a skilled, engaged and active politician, I could not think of a better man to follow me in this very position. Likewise, SJoyce, you are a man of The People in more than just one sense, and the best one to succeed our great, now-again-Vice President Duke.
If I may, I would like to congratulate Senators TNF, Yankee and Bore for their reelection, I have enjoyed to work with all three of you, and could not more be looking forward to it now. I applaud my dear friend Windjammer for his election, an election that just two weeks ago would have been impossible due to simple electoral math. I can also just congratulate the honourable gentlemen Sawx and LeBron Fitzgerald for their election and reelection to their region's Governor's mansion.

I can only toss my hat before the incredible candidacies the gentlemen Cris, Cassius, Bmotley, Matt, Lief, Barnes and Winfield have ran. You might not have won your race tonight, yet you have won or enhanced experience, and there is a second time for everything.

Lastly, I want to thank the people of the Pacific Region for once again putting their trust in me, and electing me for your Regional Senator. I can only humbly promise you that I will do the best to my ability to be worth of your trust.

Thank you, people of the Pacific,
Thank you, people of Atlasia
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #151 on: October 27, 2014, 06:48:18 PM »

Congrats on your victory, dear Cranberry. Our term together in office has been wild and crazy, and I'm glad you'll be sticking around the government long after I die and leave the VP office.
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #152 on: October 27, 2014, 07:32:51 PM »

Congratulations!

And for what it's worth, if you decided to run for a full term, I'd have voted for you without a second thought.
Snowstalker Mk. II
Snowstalker
Atlas Star
Palestinian Territory, Occupied

Political Matrix
E: -7.10, S: -4.35

P P P
« Reply #153 on: October 28, 2014, 07:54:53 AM »

I formally request a pardon by President Cranberry for my act of treason against the Republic of Atlasia. I will also return from Namibia immediately.
Senator Cris
Cris
Junior Chimp
Italy

« Reply #154 on: October 28, 2014, 11:49:53 AM »

Thanks for your service and congratulations for the victory in the Pacific Senate race!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #155 on: November 06, 2014, 03:29:32 PM »

Well, I guess it's time to say farewell to you all. With tomorrow coming, we will have a new president and I will again serve the people of the Pacific in the Senate. With tomorrow coming, we can close this chapter of Atlasia that so many have been actively involved with, and open a new one. Onwards a shining future, Atlasia, with another man to lead you to it!

Tonight however, it's still me in that White House in Nyman. As such, I shall make my final actions.

You must be logged in to read this quote.

Five great men shall receive this honour, and all five of them have more than earned it. And the sixth one will forever be in our hearts.
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #156 on: November 06, 2014, 04:00:57 PM »

This was not a office you asked for or aspired to, but events thrust it upon you and you rose to the challenge. You were a great President, and exactly the man we needed in troubled times. I'm glad you'll be back in the Senate, too. Smiley
Lumine
LumineVonReuental
Atlas Icon
« Reply #157 on: November 06, 2014, 04:20:44 PM »

Mr. President, I am truly glad that you took over the Presidency over this month after the disaster, and I think most of us (if not all of us) are truly grateful for your service, and for doing your best to restore respect and efficiency to the White House. My most sincere congratulations!
bore
YaBB God
United Kingdom

« Reply #158 on: November 07, 2014, 05:58:58 AM »

I'm hugely honoured to have received the Order of the Silver Star of Atlasia from you Mr President.

You will go down in atlasian history as a great president and I greatly look forward to working with you over the next four months Smiley
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #159 on: November 07, 2014, 07:21:06 AM »

Cranberry did a wonderful job in such a difficult situation the government was when he took over.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #160 on: November 07, 2014, 08:48:39 AM »

Thank you very much for your praise, it means a lot to me. As Oakvale said, I never wanted to be President, but I tried my best. Now, I am really looking forward to come back to the Senate!
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #161 on: November 07, 2014, 11:08:05 AM »

It was a wild ride, sweet cranberry. I enjoyed serving with you for a week or however long it was. Good luck in the senate. Represent The People well, as I know you will!
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #162 on: November 07, 2014, 01:50:21 PM »

I enjoyed it just the same, Duke. I know you are just the best and always will be!

Out of the White House, I need a new accommodation in the Nyman Area if I want to serve The People and the Pacific in the Senate. After long consideration, I have chosen to buy this beautiful house near Great Falls, Virginia. Come look at it!

At the same time, I am able to re-open my Senate office on Capitol Hill. My dear colleague Nix has surely greatly looked after it, and it's great to return to it.

Finally, I have moved to New Mexico lately, and am now able to open up my main residence outside Santa Fe. Come visit if you're in the area sometime!

SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #163 on: November 07, 2014, 02:29:11 PM »

RIP our beloved president
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #164 on: December 07, 2014, 09:50:36 AM »

Update One - November 2014

Senator Theodore Cranberry talking to his constituents about his work in the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia

It has been one month since I assumed my not-so-new office of Pacific Regional Senator, and about time that I inform the good people of our wonderful region of my work.

Atlasian Universal Education Bill:
I have gladly brought myself into the discussion of the "Atlasian Universal Education Bill", simply out of the belief that post-secondary education should be more available for the citizens of Atlasia. Of late, the Senate has come to my distinctive party colleague at-large Senator Polnut's proposal, which I can fully embrace. His proposal would reduce the average cost of student tuition fees by more than a thousand dollars, would easen students access to student loans, would establish a better and easier way for them to repay them later on, and all this at no additional costs for the Atlasian taxpayer.

Confirmation Hearings:
After thorough consideration and an intenisve hearing for all nominees, I have joined the opinion of the majority of Senators and approved every one of President Lumine's cabinet nominees. I am looking forward to them continuing the great work all of them have done over the course of just one month.

Vote Summary:
Amendment to Official Senate Rules and Procedures - AYE (passed 5-1-3)
Protecting Biodiversity for the Future Bill 2014 - AYE (passed 7-2-0)
Election for the Speaker of the 64th Senate - Senator bore (8-0-2)
Farming Freedom Act - NAY (failed 6-2-1)
Confirmation Hearing for SoIA Flo - AYE (6-0-3)
Confirmation Hearing for AG ZuWo - AYE (7-1-1)
The Senate Fair Participation Act - NAY (failed 3-4-3)
Confirmation Hearing for SoEA Potus2036- AYE (6-2-1)
Amendments to the Senate Rules - AYE (passed 8-0-2)
Game Moderation Reform Amendment II - AYE (passed the Senate 7-0-2)
Confirmation Hearing for Deputy AG RProyr - AYE (8-0-1)
Police Militarization and Civil Rights Act - AYE (passed 8-1-1)
Confirmation Hearing for GM Dr. Cynic - AYE (6-0-4)
End Racism in Federal Contracting Act - NAY (failed 1-4-5)
Co-determination Act of 2014 - AYE (passed 6-1-3)
Household Appliance Deregulation Act- NAY (failed 0-5-4)
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2014, 10:17:39 AM »

Senator Theodore Cranberry is speaking to his constituents and the press in Tempe, Arizona

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen. It is a pleasure being here in this wonderful city, it is a pleasure standing here in front of you. I hope you have all had the most wonderful holiday season, have passed your thoughts back to the past year, and set your vision for the year that is to come. I sure have. This last year has been a so wonderful experience for me. I have been able to serve in so many positions, meet so many kind people and dear friends. From Councillor in the legislature of this great region, to Governor, Senator and for a short time even President of our great nation... I could not have envisioned such a year last year this time. That for, I can only give my deepest thanks to you, the people. My deepest, sincerest thanks.

This last month, I have again be able to serve you as Senator in that glorious body that is the Senate of the Republic. Now, I have the possibility to inform you about my work, and present you my record of voting.

Vote record:
Increase Activity Amendment - NAY (failed 6-2-1)
Protecting People from Explosives Amendment - AYE (passed the Senate 6-3-1)
Free Exchange Act - NAY (failed 7-1-1)
Youth Employment Act - AYE (passed 4-2-3)
The Atlasian Universal Education Act - AYE (passed 5-0-5)
Collective Bargaining Modernization Act - AYE (passed 4-1-4) Veto Override: AYE (passed 6-2-1)

At last, I have the great honour to announce before you, that I will run for reёlection to the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia for the Regional Seat of the Pacific Region. I proudly represented our region in this body the last two months, and already in early fall; and I would be more than glad if the people of the Pacific would allow me to continue to serve them.

Lastly, nothing remains for me, but my sincerest wishes for you all: I wish you all a Happy New Year, and the best of 2015 for all of you!

Thank you!

I apologize if the ё in reelection looks odd, but I have always wanted to use that letter once, since it's the only umlaut I don't have on my (German) keypad, and it just looks so funny to me :-P
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2014, 10:57:25 AM »

Endorsed, obviously!
SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2014, 11:46:51 AM »

Endorsed!
Oakvale
oakvale
Atlas Icon
Ukraine
Political Matrix
E: -0.77, S: -4.00

« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2014, 11:48:45 AM »

Enthusiastically endorsed. Of course.
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2014, 11:56:33 AM »

Enthusiastically endorsed. Of course.
Flake
Flo
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2014, 12:47:14 PM »

What kind of terrible person wouldn't endorse you? Endorsed.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:48 PM »

Thank you all for your support, it means a lot to me!
Anti Democrat Democrat Club
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2014, 03:14:13 PM »

Obviously endorsed.
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2014, 09:21:12 PM »

The Transcendental Democrats have endorsed Cranberry for re-election.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #174 on: December 31, 2014, 04:19:21 AM »

Thank you, Your Grace; and thank you, Transcendental Democrats!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies