Office of Cranberry, Pacific Regional Senator - RESIGN
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:18:47 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Cranberry, Pacific Regional Senator - RESIGN
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10
Author Topic: Office of Cranberry, Pacific Regional Senator - RESIGN  (Read 17991 times)
Lincoln Republican
Winfield
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2014, 09:36:54 PM »
« edited: October 14, 2014, 10:05:42 PM by Lincoln Republican »

Mr. President,

I must commend you on a most momentous decision in the history of peace and non-violence!  You have done the hard but right thing in this trying time.  I hope that as short as your presidency will be, you have earned your rightful place among the true greats who have occupied this office!

-Mechaman

True greats who have occupied this office?  Are you serious?

He has sold out.  He has caved in to secessionists and traitors.

Fortunately, he is only a caretaker until, hopefully, a President with some guts takes charge, one who will not be intimidated by those who would break up this nation.

The carving up of the Northeast is a deplorable act by a President who should be showing leadership and working to keep Atlasia united, not splitting up the Northeast into fiefdoms because a traitorous secessionist has ambitions to rule over this territory.  

This is the complete opposite of leadership.  It is in fact a treasonous act by the very public official who should be doing the most for Atlasian unity, the President.  This President has sold out to traitors.  Cranberry should resign now instead of leaving office when the new President is sworn in.  

How dare this President presume to break up our Northeast Region to pacify these traitors and terrorists?  How dare he interfere with our territorial integrity?  How dare he even think about subjugating our citizens living in these areas of the Northeast to the will of these traitors?    

This is truly a low point in the history of Atlasia.        
MyRescueKittehRocks
JohanusCalvinusLibertas
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2014, 09:48:03 PM »

Giving into the Ganonsyoni secessionists is a very bad idea. I'm skeptical the senate will support this decision.

#CriminalizeSobriety
Dallasfan65
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 5.48, S: -9.65

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2014, 10:12:53 PM »

Buffalo, New York:

It is with great joy that today, I can announce to the people of the Northeast Region and Atlasia at-large that we have finally found a compromise between the Government of Atlasia and the secessionist of Ganonsyoni. This area of Upstate New York, around Buffalo, Rochester and Utica is, together with the state of Vermont, to form an autonomous state of Ganonsyoni. This state will be part of the Northeast Region and the Republic of Atlasia, but will maintain a level of autonomy determined by its citizens and the Federal and Regional Government.
The following days, a board of negotiators comprised of Mr Alfred, leader of the Ganonsyonian people; Governor Talleyrand, SGO Mr X and yours truly will issue the binding legal contracts to establish Ganonsyoni.
Now, we can really say that we have achieved with peace and talk that could not be achieved with violence and aggression. Together, we united as one peaceful people, have made our nation whole and proud again. Long live Atlasia!

You're handing entire states over to criminals and terrorists? What does the Northeast have to say about this?

I think that even the phrases "criminals" and "terrorists" give this cringeworthy and unfunny trolling movement more distinction than it should have. There's really only one logical depository for all posts regarding this sordid affair:

Also I'd argue that a better decision than negotiating with this movement to give it its own region is to give them full-on autonomy: give the Gayosoni movement its own thread or childboard and let them post at each other in full isolation. This whole "LMAO SECESSION" spree has been to my brain what diarrhea is to a bowl.
TNF
Atlas Icon

« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2014, 10:18:12 PM »

Legitimating this nonsense will not make it go away.
Adam Griffin
Atlas Star
Greece

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -6.26

« Reply #129 on: October 14, 2014, 11:32:07 PM »

Appeaser!
Marokai Backbeat
Marokai Blue
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -7.39

« Reply #130 on: October 14, 2014, 11:56:46 PM »

This is, as has been stated, insane.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.63, S: -9.49

« Reply #131 on: October 15, 2014, 12:14:28 AM »

Mister President, please note this communique from my office:

I have taken the unorthodox step of suing the President while serving as a member of his Cabinet. I believe this is necessary to prevent the creation of a terrible precedent that would give Presidents free reign to redraw the maps of the states. Also it'd be really weird for newbies to get the hang of different states like that, and it would make mapmaking way too hard. I hope this does not interrupt the strong working relationship I have had with President Cranberry, and I caution him against any reckless and politically motivated terminations in his Cabinet at this time, as such a may easily be construed as obstruction of justice.

Sorry Sad
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #132 on: October 15, 2014, 01:57:46 AM »

Finally we have the President who's got guts to do something out of the box.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #133 on: October 15, 2014, 07:39:30 AM »

Statement from the President's Office:

The backbone of the Atlasian democracy and society is the right of free speech, the right to express one's own opinion in whatever way desirable. As such, I am very much content that so many of you have expressed their opinion, pointed out what you thought was an error from my side.
The solution I proposed to you yesterday, was not just a proposal for peace in the Northeast. Even more, this proposal was intended to be something radically new for Atlasia, an innovation, opening up for all of us the occasion or possibility to deal with something as interesting and vivid as autonomy. When there is always talk of how to reform our system, how to make the game more interesting, such would have been a certainly interesting innovation, something new and thrilling. So I thought.
But you did not. The reactions I have received in the last hours have shown me that Atlasia does not want autonomy and peace with the secessionist, at such costs; and I can only respect this opinion. Of course this proposal is withdrawn, as it has always been and was always intended to as a proposal, a proposal for the people of Atlasia to decide on. It has never been"it is that way now", but rather "look, it could be that way of you want". I understand that especially the good people of the Northeast have felt to be decided over their heads, but to them I can only say that this was never intended as an order from the executive, but rather a plan that was crafted, and presented to the public and the Regional Government for consideration. As such, I could not have hoped for a better reaction - you all made your opinions so clear, there is no doubt how to proceed further.
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #134 on: October 15, 2014, 09:09:44 AM »

It's really disappointing that instead of engaging in constructive argument, the public opinion went hysterical. Even if the President's action was to be nullified by the Supreme Court (more likely than not IMHO), Atlasia would still benefit from what, without a doubt, would be a stimulating development.

It seems that the people at large are just unable to bear the slightest thought of changing more than cosmetic. When was the last time we actually did something out of the box?

The people like to take simplified view by blaming all the troubles on "terrorists and criminals", but the truth is, they are just consequences of this game being in constant stagnation. And no one has balls to break the stagnation.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #135 on: October 15, 2014, 09:18:45 AM »

It's really disappointing that instead of engaging in constructive argument, the public opinion went hysterical. Even if the President's action was to be nullified by the Supreme Court (more likely than not IMHO), Atlasia would still benefit from what, without a doubt, would be a stimulating development.

It seems that the people at large are just unable to bear the slightest thought of changing more than cosmetic. When was the last time we actually did something out of the box?

The people like to take simplified view by blaming all the troubles on "terrorists and criminals", but the truth is, they are just consequences of this game being in constant stagnation. And no one has balls to break the stagnation.

I didn't necessarily have any problem with the proposal in theory; my objection was only that the peace agreement appeared to be blatantly circumventing our established constitutional process. While I can't speak for anyone but myself, I believe most of the "hysterical" outrage was based on the fact that major stakeholders on this issue such as the Senate and the Northeast Region were not consulted at all, not because of any inherent rejection of change itself
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #136 on: October 15, 2014, 09:21:09 AM »

I didn't necessarily have any problem with the proposal in theory; my objection was only that the peace agreement appeared to be blatantly circumventing our established constitutional process. While I can't speak for anyone but myself, I believe most of the "hysterical" outrage was based on the fact that major stakeholders such as the Senate and the Northeast Region were not consulted

I wasn't criticising you, BK. In fact, I'm convinced you did the right thing by bringing the issue to the court, which, as I said above, would be a stimulating development.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #137 on: October 15, 2014, 09:55:37 AM »

I didn't necessarily have any problem with the proposal in theory; my objection was only that the peace agreement appeared to be blatantly circumventing our established constitutional process. While I can't speak for anyone but myself, I believe most of the "hysterical" outrage was based on the fact that major stakeholders on this issue such as the Senate and the Northeast Region were not consulted at all, not because of any inherent rejection of change itself

You know, that's with hindsight probably the thing I am to be blamed for. I decided I wanted to inform the public the same time I started talks with Talleyrand... I guess I should have talked the issue out with him before, and then just later inform the public what I had in mind... But what's done is done, I am ready to take the blame, and if people want me to resign or be impeached or whatever, please go on. (This last clause is obviously not directed to people like you, BK)
Filuwaúrdjan
Realpolitik
Atlas Institution
United Kingdom

« Reply #138 on: October 15, 2014, 11:12:51 AM »

lol
Simfan34
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.90, S: 4.17

« Reply #139 on: October 15, 2014, 12:54:11 PM »

I don't know why you are all beating up on Cranberry here, rather than the person who led us into this whole mess...
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #140 on: October 15, 2014, 02:00:05 PM »

I don't know why you are all beating up on Cranberry here, rather than the person who led us into this whole mess...

define "whole mess"?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #141 on: October 15, 2014, 02:09:46 PM »

DemPGH?
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #142 on: October 15, 2014, 02:12:00 PM »

Idea: since the "this is the best thing to happen to Atlasia since Pacific Rimjob" crowd and the "this is the worst thing to happen to Atlasia since Pacific Rimjob" crowd are so at odds, why not make Ganonsyoni a haven for the first crowd?
MASHED POTATOES. VOTE!
Kalwejt
Atlas Institution

« Reply #143 on: October 15, 2014, 02:14:36 PM »

As I said many times before, the "whole mess" wouldn't happen in first place if not for much deeper Atlasia has been for a long time.

If one or two people were able to throw us into such a trouble, it speaks volumes of the game's condition.
Bacon King
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #144 on: October 15, 2014, 02:18:17 PM »

Idea: since the "this is the best thing to happen to Atlasia since Pacific Rimjob" crowd and the "this is the worst thing to happen to Atlasia since Pacific Rimjob" crowd are so at odds, why not make Ganonsyoni a haven for the first crowd?

as the man who literally wrote the Pacific Deathstitution, please allow me to express my opinion on this proposal with the following ironic gif

H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #145 on: October 15, 2014, 02:45:33 PM »

as the man who literally wrote the Pacific Deathstitution, please allow me to express my opinion on this proposal with the following ironic gif

What would be the harm? The Serious People would have their thing and the Fun People would have their thing.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #146 on: October 15, 2014, 04:00:57 PM »

What would be the harm? The Serious People would have their thing and the Fun People would have their thing.

But then the Atlasia is Very Serious Business crowd couldn't spoil things for everyone else Tongue
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #147 on: October 18, 2014, 01:07:45 PM »

I am most pleased today that Mr Duke has passed the Senate confirmation, and will soon swear in as my Vice President. He will be a true servant of The People, as he has always been, and I and Atlasia could not have wished for a better man.
Cranberry
TheCranberry
YaBB God
Austria

« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2014, 05:08:35 AM »

Thank you for all you good Pacificians that have voted for me in our Regional Senate Election. I am prepared to once again serve you as your Senator, Pacific!

An official announcement from the White House will come later, regarding this election in general.

- The White House
GAworth
United States

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2014, 10:29:31 AM »

Congratulations Mr. President!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies