Gallup: US Seniors have realigned with the Republican Party (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 03:09:59 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Presidential Election Trends (Moderator: 100% pro-life no matter what)
  Gallup: US Seniors have realigned with the Republican Party (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gallup: US Seniors have realigned with the Republican Party  (Read 3572 times)
old timey villain
cope1989

« on: March 31, 2014, 03:11:15 PM »

Gallup (if you trust them) has confirmed what we've all been saying about the Democrats' problems with senior voters.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/168083/seniors-realigned-republican-party.aspx

The Democratic party actually had an advantage with those +65 until 2006 but plummeted shortly after and dropped into negative territory by 2010. The drop roughly coincides with Obama's presidency, with Gallup noting that race is a factor for this group of voters.

Honestly, I'm surprised that senior citizens were so Dem up until 2006
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2014, 11:14:27 PM »

US seniors are disproportionately white and don't like the blacks. What a surprise... The sooner they croak, the better for the country.

Now you can be banned, I hope.

So it's okay for people to wish for the death of people b/c of gay rights but not for civil rights?

#logic

Whoa, whoa, whoa. As a born-again Christian, I believe that everyone should be treated with respect and kindness, but on the grounds of my faith I disagree with the legalization of gay marriage. Does that sound like hatred to you? You would actually wish for my death just because I disagree with your views about a life issue?

Of course no sane person wishes for your death. But what does legalizing gay marriage have anything to do with your faith? You can believe what you want and still let others have the same rights. I don't know why that's so hard for evangelicals to understand.

Personally I don't think you're treating people with respect and kindness when you don't think their loving, committed relationship deserves the same recognition just because they're of the same gender, but whatever. 

This, "I'm just a loving Christian who hates the sin, not the sinner" schtick is getting old.
old timey villain
cope1989

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2014, 12:20:08 AM »

Yes, I live in Georgia so I hear this a lot. There are plenty of people in my life who I would go to the moon and back for who think this way, and I know they're good people. But sometimes you need to know where the line is between following your own religious beliefs and using those beliefs to discriminate.

But yeah, this conversation probably needs to go on another thread
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies